80 Reviews for Julie Bakes...

User Photos
Groom's Cake (2)
Cookies (1)
Pastries (1)
80 Julie Bakes... Reviews

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy that we were able to work with Julie to create our wedding cake - she was always responsive and even met with us when she had no voice and wasn't feeling very well! All of the flavors we tried were absolutely delicious, but the ones we chose for our cake were beyond awesome (lemon and raspberry and a layer of strawberry), and many of our guests said so. Julie listened to exactly what we wanted and created a beautiful cake that tasted just as good as it looked! We could not be happier, and only wish we still had some left :)

Profile Picture Mary, 8/24/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We loved our cake by Julie Bakes! Guests rave about how delicious it was! We chose marble with chocolate ganache and vanilla with chocolate ganache. Julie was friendly and helpful. The first time we met with her she listened to our vision and helped us create our dream cake! Thank you, Julie!

Profile Picture Julianna, 7/6/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was absolutely amazing! I even added on brownies and cookies in addition to the cake last minute and she did not have a problem with it at all. She was very kind! The cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! We had two different cake flavors and they both were fantastic. I would highly recommend Julie.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cookies

The cake Julie made for our wedding was so delicious and beautiful. We chose the funfetti flavor, she added sprinkles in the icing in between the layers, and made the outside look traditional. Exactly what we asked for, and our guests are still raving about it. She was a pleasure to work with, helped with suggestions to keep our cost down and delivery was seamless. We'll definitely be asking her to make another batch for our anniversary! I highly recommend Julie Bakes!

Profile Picture Kalina, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our venue recommended Julie for our wedding cake. She was flexible in setting up our first meeting and helped talk us through what we wanted our cake to look like. We ended up going with a four-tiered cake and it looked fantastic on display! Most importantly, our cake tasted fantastic - we're still hearing that from guests two weeks after our wedding! All of the sample cakes we tried were delicious, which made it hard to choose what we wanted! We settled on a marble cake with mocha icing, which we highly recommend (and won't be able to wait a year to eat the top layer). We highly recommend Julie, and hope we have an excuse to get cake from her again in the future!

Profile Picture Linda, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

YUM!!! Julie's cakes are out of this world! Julie was the only baker we met with because after trying her cakes we knew we had found the one! They are incredibly delicious and I have received so many compliments from guests that they absolutely loved it! For our cake we choose a chocolate cake with cream cheese and chocolate ganache filling with butter cream frosting as well as a vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and cream filling and buttercream frosting! Both were out of this world! We saved out topper but it was so good we couldn't bear to freeze it so we ate the whole thing I think in about 3 days :)! If you are looking for fantastically delicious cake go see Julie!! Thank you for being part of our big day Julie!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 9/24/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I would recommend Julie to anyone on the Eastern Shore looking to have the most perfect wedding cake for their special day. Not only was she an ABSOLUTE JOY to work with, but she is an excellent baker. My wedding guests continue to rave about how delicious her cake tasted. She was also very professional, friendly and flexible. We had a very large crowd joining us who needed to travel so while we initially ordered a larger cake thinking more people could come. After receiving our RSVPs, I emailed her just a few weeks prior and she accommodated making us a smaller cake to fit our needs and charged me less due to the new size of the cake. I was able to work with my florist and the reception location and (very unfortunately bc I was so busy) did not get to see her on my actual wedding day, but the cake topper and extra pieces of flowers were placed perfectly and the cake looked absolutely perfect.

Julie is the epitome of a professional business woman who not only knows how to serve her clients, but also produces a top of the line product. If you are on the eastern shore and planning a wedding CALL HER!!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was very responsive when I emailed her. We were lucky because she was even able to accommodate us about 6 weeks out from our wedding day. We are from out of town and were only going to be in Easton one more weekend before the wedding. Julie went out of her way to meet us on a Sunday to bring samples and discuss what kind/style of cake we wanted. She sent us a quote a few days later based on what we wanted which was beyond affordable for our 250 person wedding.

I had heard about Julie's work from my planner and she exceeded my expectations! The cake was moist and not too sweet. We ended up going with her lemon/raspberry cake with vanilla buttercream icing and a marble cake with a vanilla buttercream icing. The raspberry was my favorite but we thought we'd give the non-fruit fans a chocolate option. My family ended up being very happy because we had lots of leftover cake (my caterers shoved it in the corner where no one saw it! Oops!). It's been 2 months since my wedding and I'm considering getting the top of my wedding cake out of the freezer because I'm craving it as I think about it!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

She provided us with a wonderful taste test to choose our cake and we reviewed numerous design choices to be sure we had the decoration style we wanted. The. Result was a delicious and beautiful wedding cake that all of our guests raved about.

Profile Picture User6917248, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was amazing! She met with my husband and was a total pro--we left with our design picked out, down to the last detail! She left us with amazing samples and were thrilled with her baking. The wedding cake was absolutely beautiful--Julie used loose blooms provided by our florist to decorate it at the venue, and I could not have been happier. Delicious, beautiful cakes ... what more could you ask for?!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/11/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I love Julie and I soooooo love her cakes! She was so easy to work with and her talent speaks for itself. We picked four different flavors to try, and when we met with her for our tasting she gave us four mini cakes. Second to our wedding, that was one of the best days of the entire wedding planning process. Each flavor was so delicious we couldn't pick just one. My husband and I decided on a three-tier cake: vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla cream, vanilla cake with chocolate cream, and marble cake with chocolate ganache and vanilla butter cream. Her prices are almost too affordable (if there is such a thing) and her design was even better than we imagined. We had a vision in our heads, and we showed Julie one picture and the result was perfect. If we could relive the day over again, we would choose Julie Bakes again and again.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/3/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My husband and I originally reached out to Julie because my friend who LOVES cake said she had tried all the bakeries in the area and Julie had not only the best tasting cake, but the best price. That was all I really needed to know! She brought four (beautiful) mini cakes to our tasting that we could take home and they were AMAZING! Our guests are still raving about how delicious our cake was. We had funfetti (the best!), chocolate PB, and red velvet. The chocolate PB was sinfully delicious! Our cake looked fantastic and she even made a Washington Capitals themed groom's cake. We are so happy with our choice!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/16/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Groom's Cake
4.2

Julie is an excellent baker and our cake was exactly what we asked for - a smaller two tiered naked cake, chocolate with raspberry preserves, vanilla buttercream, and berries on the side. We were very pleased with the final product, but a little frustrated throughout the whole process. Julie is very nice and definitely is a hard worker, but she was not the most responsive to our emails, which was a little frustrating at times. There were also a few details that she accidentally mixed up - we had agreed on having someone pick up the cake, but were initially charged the extra fee for having the cake delivered. When Julie realized her mistake, she brought it to my attention right away and it all worked out. I still recommend her services, just wanted to mention the few frustrations we had.

Profile Picture User5552792, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Private Tastings

Julie was great! She took the time to meet with me and my husband in person to discuss our wedding cake and we got to try a handful of yummy samples. Our cake turned out perfect and was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend Julie!

Profile Picture Megan , 10/3/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie is so talented and easy to work and affordable! She meet with us and gave us samples (which were delicious)! She contacted me a few days before the ceremony and the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious...I can't wait til my first year anniversary so I can my cake! You will not go wrong hiring this vendor!

Profile Picture Chanelle, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My cake for my wedding was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. And it was absolutely delicious. Julie Bakes is an excellent choice if you are getting married in Easton. You will not be disappointed. The cake was amazing!

Profile Picture L, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a wonderful experienced with Julie! From the initial meeting she was professional and detail-oriented, and her sample cakes were both delicious and huge! We also threw her a curveball at the last minute and swapped the flavors of our bottom and middle tiers, but she took that in stride and the end result was both beautiful and delicious! We're glad we saved the top tier for ourselves as there were no slices left at the wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We met Julie at a Panera Bread to discuss what we wanted our wedding cake. We came at her with multiple ideas with an overall beach theme. Julie wrapped all our our ideas together and jotted it down and unravelled a beautiful creation. We could not wait to see it on our wedding day. The wait was so worth it! It was such a beautiful AND delicious cake. Thank you so much Julie!

Profile Picture Karen, 7/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was extremely helpful when it came to discussing the design for our cake. I think I surprised her when I showed her the exact design that I wanted on my cake. She delivered a fabulous cake - it tasted amazing! Fresh strawberries and vanilla cream in between moist vanilla cake - everyone commented on how light and delicate it was, not too sweet and perfect for a warm summer wedding dessert. The only two things I would say that bring down the rating is that email was the only way for contact, and I think in transport some of the designs either got crushed or the piping was slightly inconsistant. Other than that the cake was wonderful - I am glad we went with a larger cake since we had a fairly large cake topper and more people than expected to feed. Thank you Julie!! (And yes, Gino smeared cake on me after the cake cutting.)

Profile Picture Leanna, 6/20/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Making it to our 1st anniversary before we can eat the top layer of our cake is proving to be extremely difficult. It's been one month...
Julie is one of the most professional individuals I have ever met and I never for a second had to question whether my cake would be exactly as I'd hoped or on time etc. Guests all mentioned to me how delicious it was and it was absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie made an amazingly classy and delicious 3-tiered cake for my wedding day! She was so easy to work with. Really-her cakes are fantastic. Can't wait to dig in to our top tier!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/6/15, 7 Reviews
4.7

We loved our wedding cake! Julie did a great job of keeping the decorations simple, just as I had asked, and the cake itself was delicious! I was very wary about getting a wedding cake because they are usually too sweet and over-iced, but ours was just right. We got the vanilla with fresh strawberries and toasted almond w/ chocolate cream. There was just enough left for breakfast cake! Sometimes it does take Julie several days to respond to emails, but the ordering and tasting process still went very smoothly. Her cakes are very affordable and she was able to offer cost-cutting options for us as our budget was a little tight.

Profile Picture Bailey, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wonderful experience with Julie! She was very flexible in meeting us so we could try different cakes flavors. She gave us four free samples to take home and we shared them with friends to help us decide. They were all SO delicious! We ended up picking two flavors for our 2-tier cake - vanilla w/strawberries and cream, and chocolate with raspberry preserves. Not only did it taste amazing, but it was also beautiful! It was exactly what we asked for. We saved some leftovers in the freezer and I cant wait to have them on our anniversary! I would highly recommend Julie Bakes!

Profile Picture User5378081, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie took great care of us! The cakes were delicious, she was prompt and responsive when talking to us, and it was overall a great experience!

Profile Picture Lacey, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our cake from Julie! She really helped us design the best cake,and her flavors are delicious. We did not have any leftover cake (other than the top we put aside) our guests were non-stop raving about how delicious the cake was! Julie was fantastic to work with, and we could not have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews