Jukeboxx Media Reviews

49 | Lenexa, KS

49 Reviews for Jukeboxx Media

Mark Earnest · Married on 08/04/2018

A phenomenal band!

Lost Wax played at our wedding in Vail, CO a few months ago and . We found Lost Wax online, and read many l reviews, and even watched videos they had on YouTube which was very helpful. We contacted Chris to see their availability which they were and discussed pricing. They were very reasonably priced for a 5 piece live band including travel and accommodations. Luckily, we were able to meet Chris in person and discuss a set list, timing and other small details. Chris is extremely knowledgeable and gave us great guidance. At our request Chris even included a band member to play a few songs during the ceremony at the top of the mountain for free! During the reception Lost Wax had a very upbeat and party vibe. They did a great job of playing the songs we requested for first dances and played a great set list during the wedding. I would also like to add that Lost Wax played at another wedding the night before our wedding, and the flights to our city were cancelled. Chris and team rented a van and drove through the night to make it to Vail on time. They showed up played an awesome set with high energy and we never knew what had happened until a few days later! Overall I would highly recommend Lost Way because of their experience, ease to work with, and great talent.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Anna · Married on 07/14/2018

The first vendor we booked, we HAD to have Lost Wax for our special day. They are the standout wedding band in KC and we've seen them kill it at many weddings before, including the wedding where we met, so they hold a special place in our hearts! Just as they did on that fateful night, we knew that they would absolutely bring the house down, and they did indeed! Chris was amazing to work with and made sure that our night would be exactly what we wanted! They had nonstop energy and kept our crew dancing until the very end!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2018

Pick Andrew! He was amazing! We even had a blast planning with him. He is so knowledgeable about weddings and was able to see our vision with us. We were on the same page from the start. We left our reception timeline in his hands, and had no worries all night! He kept things moving so that we got through all our special moments without missing a beat. He played exactly what we wanted. The sound quality and value were second to none. Thank you for making our evening perfect!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Mark · Married on 03/03/2018

Just did my daughters wedding. Best band ever!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Molly · Married on 03/03/2018

Seriously, when we say the Lost Wax was amazing- we mean it. They had our dance floor packed the entire night. They engaged with the crowd and made sure everyone had a blast! We got married two weeks ago and we are still getting compliments daily on the band. Not only are they incredibly talented and fun, they were the best to work with leading up to the wedding- and night of the reception each band member individually came up to me and my husband, to introduce themselves, say congrats, and get us excited for the night. To end the night they pulled my husband and I up on stage and we closed out with the most fun finale I could have imagined. Thank you guys for helping make our wedding night the best night of our lives (so far!) :)

Sent on 03/18/2018

Brad · Married on 01/13/2018

We hired Jukeboxx Media and Lost Wax to perform our wedding reception and they were nothing short of fantastic. Chris was great at meeting with us to determine direction, following up and following through on additional requests and of course, Lost Wax killed it night of performing. Something my wife and I will never forget. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Morgan · Married on 04/08/2017

We used Jukeboxx Media to hire the band Lost Wax to play at our wedding in Tulsa, OK. This was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning because Lost Wax was the most talented, entertaining, and professional wedding band I have ever seen/heard (and I've been to 40+ weddings in the last ten years, so I've seen quite a few). I am extremely picky when it comes to music and I was truly able to let go and trust that Lost Wax would do a fantastic job with not only playing at our wedding, but serving as the emcee during the reception. Lost Wax has a unique style of incorporating mixes within their songs, so it's like a DJ, but SO MUCH BETTER because it's live music! My husband and I received many compliments throughout the evening as well as after our wedding about how fun and talented the band was as they upped the party factor significantly! The lead singer also played a song solo at the end of the night so my husband and I could enjoy a private last dance before exiting our reception. It was so special and one of my favorite moments from the evening. I highly recommend Lost Wax/Jukeboxx Media because they are extremely talented, professional, and FUN!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Katie · Married on 11/04/2016

Erik did an amazing job with the music at our wedding. He kept the party going and we had a blast!

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 10/29/2016

I used Jukeboxx for their photography, videography and DJ services. This helped alleviate the stress of working with three separate vendors and made for consistent communication between everyone. I was incredibly pleased with all three services. Our photos from Matt are gorgeous. Our video from Tiffany is outstanding and our DJ Andrew was so fun. He kept the crowd on the dance floor and the party going all night.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Rose · Married on 10/08/2016

We had Lost Wax play at our wedding on 10/08/2016. As they are in high demand (especially during the peak wedding season), they were one of the first vendors we booked; in fact, the day we chose was a result of their availability!

The band's reputation precedes them, and is not exaggerated. First of all, the band was incredibly easy to work with leading up to the wedding. Communication was easy, and they were prompt to reply. They already play such a huge variety of music, but they are also very willing to learn new songs. They were also highly organized and attentive to detail. Since they MC the night (which they did a great job of) as well as perform, they had an excellent plan/script going into the night. With all the stress of wedding planning, they were one of the easiest vendors to work with in preparation for the wedding. They were open to hearing our suggestions and truly tried to help make the night how we envisioned.

Now, for the actual day of the wedding. The trio (piano, cello, flute) we had at the ceremony, which is contracted through Lost Wax, SERIOUSLY blew us away. We asked them to learn a song for the processional and they played it beautifully; as I stood back getting ready to walk down the aisle, I was literally brought to tears just hearing their rendition of the song we'd requested. At the reception, again - we were blown away. Lost Wax was lively, energetic, and just SO talented! Everyone was up on the dance floor and the music was awesome! We didn't stop dancing the entire night, and our guests are still talking about the band.

Their organization, flexibility, talent, and energy are second-to-none. Throughout the entire planning process and the day of, they were very professional. Having Lost Wax at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made in the process. We are already planning for the next time we will see them live!

Sent on 10/30/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/30/2016

Matthew with Jukeboxx Media has been amazing to work with!! He's so responsive, professional, and just all around fun to work with!! Matthew was our photographer for our engagement photo session as well as our wedding day. He was able to capture the love that my husband and I share, as well as all the fun and laughter throughout the night. I wanted a very laid back and genuine vibe at our wedding, and we were totally able to achieve that! Matthew really was so great all the way through the entire planning process, and helping to even lay out a timeline for the wedding day with us. We also used Jukeboxx Media for their DJ services, and I am so glad that we did! Originally we were thinking about maybe just doing the music ourselves, as our venue was already all wired up with an amazing sound system. In the end, I can't imagine doing it without a DJ. He really kept the night going, and made sure everyone was having a good time! :) I would highly recommend using Jukeboxx Media for your wedding or upcoming event!! :D

Sent on 10/24/2016

Peter · Married on 09/04/2016

Having a band was one of my highest priorities when planning our wedding day and signing Lost Wax was by far the best decision we could have ever made. After seeing them play at O'Dowd's, we knew their performance was going to be amazing and the night of our wedding they did not disappoint one bit. I cannot talk enough about their energy level and how much they know how to work a crowd; from the first song to the last, our dance floor was packed and we owe it all to them. Their performance alone deserves 5 stars but it is their professionalism before, during and after that is really what sets them above the rest. Chris was so easy to work with and allowed us to completely customize their schedule to be exactly how we wanted it to be but was also very helpful with his suggestions with what he has seen work best throughout all of his experiences. We had them play acoustic guitar during the pre-ceremony , a jazz set during cocktail hour and then full 7 piece band during the reception. This just goes to show you their versatility and talent with different aspects of the day. One part that we cannot thank them enough for was allowing three of Erica's family members to play our first dance, it made that moment even more special for us. Just another example of how willing Lost Wax is to go the extra mile for their customers. Again, we cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day so PERFECT!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Lynsey · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ erik did a wonderful job with our entire day. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception. He was engaging & read the crowd wonderfully. We received many compliments from our guests!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jeni · Married on 07/16/2016

Matthew took our engagement photos and he was absolutely wonderful to work with! I do not like getting my pictures taken but Matthew made us feel completely comfortable! We received our engagement photos back within a week!! Matthew and Mickey took our wedding photos and my husband and I could not be happier with the photos we got back! Matthew and Mickey arrived as soon as we were getting ready (around 9am) and did not leave until after midnight so they could get our whole wedding day!! Everyone gave us compliments on how nice our photographers were! They felt like a part of our family and not like they were in our face getting pictures all day! We received our pictures in 2 1/2 weeks which is incredible!! They also gave us all of our pictures on a flash drive which included almost 4,000 pictures that they took! I cannot imagine not having Matthew and Mickey as our wedding photographers! They were absolutely amazing!! I don't write reviews very often but these guys are so great that they definitely deserve some recognition for how awesome they are! My husband and I plan to return to them anytime we get photos taken in the future!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Shawn has been amazing to work with so far, cant wait to see the finished product!

Sent on 02/02/2016

My husband and I are so glad we invested in videography with Shawn Gormley. Shawn and Clayton, his second shooter, were professional and flexible. Shawn even suggested some cool shots and showed my husband and me some of the clips throughout the day. Both men caught some amazing footage! Our day flew by, and there were moments my husband and I don't even remember. It was a relief to know that Shawn and Clayton would catch all of the things we knew we had missed. We have only seen the highlight film he put together for us, and we are already incredibly happy with the result. His turnaround time is fantastic, and we are looking forward to seeing the ceremony and reception videos in a few days! We highly recommend Shawn!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Sue · Married on 01/16/2016

My daughter and son-in-law decided on Lost Wax for their wedding. From the ceremony piano and vocalist, right through the band for the last dance, it was planned and exactly as we had envisioned. The dance floor was full to overflowing the entire night and all ages from 6 to 77 were entertained and able to join in. They sometimes sounded so much like the original sound of a song you had to look twice-just beautiful.

Sent on 02/04/2016

We used two services from Jukeboxx Media -- band (Lost Wax) and video (Shawn Gormley). Both are incredible and very professional.

The band we've seen at a few friends' weddings and they are always amazing. They do all sorts of music and get people on their feet! Shawn, the videographer, did such a beautiful job capturing our day. He is so nice to work with and made us feel very comfortable along the way.

Both services are a great value and really amazing. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Loved the DJ service from Jukeboxx Media. Kevin was fantastic. He did a wonderful job, played great music, and made everything easy. I don't think there was any time when the dance floor wasn't being enjoyed by someone, which is very cool because we had a diverse crowd with very different tastes. He was super professional, very attentive, and such a friendly guy. Also, Amanda helped us come up with our wedding script for music, and found some very particular songs last minute, and had exactly the selection I wanted. Not to mention that she is so delightful, super helpful, and walked me through everything I needed. The price was just right, and the service was outstanding. I can't imagine having had a better, smoother day, and it was in no small part due to their excellence.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/17/2015

We used Jukeboxx Media for our wedding after receiving a recommendation from our venue coordinator. We were married at Studio Dan Meiners in Kansas City, and everything else was so on point with them that we took their suggestion to hire JM and ran with it. We originally wanted a string trio for more traditional wedding music, and planned to switch to a DJ after the ceremony.

We had a phone consultation with Chris about what kind of music we wanted, and he accommodated us for a late night phone call (despite being a dad with two young kids!) which we really appreciated. My (now) husband and I went over our style of music which was Jazz/R&B and Chris ended up adjusting our day-of trio to a jazz trio, to better fit our music taste.

Chris/JM allowed us to request two...uh... *interesting* choices for our processional/recessional. We said "....how do you feel about Outkast 'Prototype' for the processional and a Talking Heads song for the recessional?" and his response was "Awesome." What a weird request - so grateful for Chris for making our choice a reality.

Day of, the trio was on time and well dressed. The songs turned out BEAUTIFUL and I had chills walking down the aisle to two incredible songs that meant a lot to me and my dude. The rest of their two hour period was Jazz/R&B style and our guests LOVED it. Lots and lots of compliments on having something a little different and really high end for the ceremony/cocktail hour.

We would recommend them again in heartbeat. We spent more on desserts than we did on our trio and we wish we had paid them for longer! Hire them!

Sent on 10/21/2015

My daughter and her husband are music aficionados. My knowledge past classical music and early jazz is slim. But when Chris Davis took over, the kids' comfort level on the music front and my comfort level with his professionalism was assured. Every member of the band played as if they were family – with love and passion for and dedication to the music - and to the bride and groom as well. It’s a blessing that the 111-year-old, great oak floors are so strong at the Hobbs Building because that dance floor was smokin’ hot. There wasn't a guest who didn't move... all night long!!
    If all that weren’t reason enough to engage a band, I can add that they are such team players that they pitched in and moved the ceremonial huppah from the dance floor inside back to the patio after a rainstorm had forced set-up in the morning. That was way, way, WAY above the call of duty, contract, or expectation! How amazing, how un-repayable, how caring is that? Lost Wax is exemplary of the best of Kansas City talent and spirit.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Meg · Married on 07/25/2015

Lost Wax made our wedding spectacular! I knew I wanted a band for the occasion, but Lost Wax exceeded my expectations! Chris and Amanda were fantastic and very professional. Eboni, our lead female vocalist, even saved the day during our ceremony when the timing got off during the processional. If it weren't for her quick thinking and professional insight, this bride would have been walking in in silence! They even learned a song that my father wrote for me when I was 16 and performed it during the father/daughter dance. I know that they handed out a LOT of business cards during our reception because everyone wanted to hire them for their next event! Thank you, Lost Wax, for helping us have the night of our lives!!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Jukeboxx Media's reply:

Thanks Meg! So happy you guys invited us along. Great getting to know you and your family. Hope to see you again!

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

We heard about Shawn Gormley and Jukeboxx Media through a family friend and were blown away by the professionalism and talent we experienced. Lost Wax did an amazing job of making our wedding reception the most incredible dance party of our lives. Luckily, we had Shawn Gormley to video the whole thing! Shawn did an absolutely perfect job of capturing the best day of our lives. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a videographer who is down to earth, easy to work with, and has an incredible passion for capturing your story. We were blown away when we received our highlight video by the level of detail and commitment to sharing our story. It is truly something we will treasure forever and are so grateful for him and everyone at Jukeboxx Media!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Luisa · Married on 06/13/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about Shawn and his videography services. He not only captured every beautiful moment of my wedding day but he did it in a very professional way. I received my preview video quickly after my wedding and I have lost count of how many compliments I got about it. Shawn is also a wonderful person to get to know and he works hard to put together a video that not only highlights your wedding but also fits your personality. I am a huge Star Wars nerd and he somehow found a classy way to incorporate that into my video while still capturing all the love and sentimentality of the day. There are a lot of things to worry about on your wedding day and Shawn was one of the most consistent and reliable vendors I had that day. His prices are also very reasonable considering the impressively high quality of his work. Aside from all of that, Shawn is simply a great guy and his kindness is a welcome vibe to have on the wedding day. I highly recommend Shawn to anyone considering having a wedding video. Trust me, it is well worth the money and I am overjoyed that I have this amazing memory to share with my children years from now.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Amy · Married on 05/29/2015

I spoke with Chris Davis about the kind of musician I was looking for to play during my ceremony and reception. He selected John Goolsby from his pool of talent and we met with him prior to our event. We both left our meeting knowing that we had found the perfect person to play for our wedding. Due to circumstances beyond his control, John was delayed in getting to our wedding. Should we have been worried or stressed? For sure! But, this is where we discovered exactly how great a company we had hired. Chris Davis and his team swept in and provided a wonderful, last minute replacement to make sure we still had a beautiful ceremony. Then, much to our pleasure, John arrived in time for the reception and began to play. His talent was a true highlight of the reception. I can't tell you how many times I looked to my new husband and commented on the music or how many people commented on what a wonderful talented musician we had playing. I would highly recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed...truly.

Sent on 06/24/2015