Judge Tom Armstrong Reviews

115 | Saint Paul, MN

115 Reviews for Judge Tom Armstrong

Andrea Wilson · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Flexible, Patient, Kind and Prompt

After searching the list of preferred vendors from our venue, I came across Tom's website. I was impressed by his ceremony selections and got in contact with him. He was always prompt with his replies, which was comforting during such a stressful time. His rates were perfect so we were more than happy there! He was very flexible and patient. During COVID planning was a nightmare, but he worked with us as we moved our location to our backyard. He emailed the night before the wedding to touch-base and let me know when he would be arriving. On the day of the wedding, he was prompt. He walked us through how the pieces of the ceremony would go so my self, my husband and our matron of honor and best man were on the same page during the giving of the rings. He did great during the ceremony as he spoke loudly and at the perfect pace. Even a few guests commented on how wonderful he was. I can't say enough good things about him. He was great to work with and we are so glad we chose him. We'd highly recommend Tom to anyone!

Sent on 09/04/2020
  • Josh

Josh Newman · Getting married on 05/08/2022

He has good reviews for a reason

Tom Armstrong did not disappoint. He was very professional and knew exactly why he was there. He did everything we asked him to do and did not try to deviate from the game plan. He is a very friendly person, easy to work with, and does not make it about himself. He also understands that there is plenty of work to do after the wedding, and he was very knowledgeable about that. It was very obvious that he enjoys what he does and I highly recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Schermer · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Absolutely fantastic!

Tom was so easy to work with from beginning to end! I first contacted him during the busy holiday season a couple of days before Christmas, and I still had extremely prompt responses, which was my first clue that I had found somebody special. Even though Tom has a busy schedule with all of his weddings, he kept track of mine and prompted me with questions to keep me on track and on schedule. He was always so helpful and courteous. On the day of our wedding, he arrived over 30 minutes early so as to not stress us out. All of the guests at my small wedding mentioned that he took time to chat with them, and they were all so impressed by his positive attitude and overt friendliness. When the best man was 15 minutes late to the ceremony, Tom remained calm and helped us talk about how to proceed. The ceremony itself was lovely! I absolutely cherished the ability to write every word of our own ceremony so that is completely reflected our values and what we wanted to say. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. I would recommend him to every couple. Absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Laura

Laura Carlson · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Hire Tom for Your Wedding

Tom was the perfect officiant for our wedding! He was easy to work with and customized our ceremony exactly how we wanted it! He was always readily available when I had questions and his website made it effortless to create our ceremony. Tom even provides you with guidance for your name change after the wedding ceremony is over! Hire Tom if you want an experienced officiant that you and your guests will love!

Sent on 07/18/2020

Alexandra Jaramillo · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Extremely helpful & knowledgeable !

Extremely thorough! Provided info I never even thought about & then some! Also, best price around, especially for the quality of service!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Casey

Casey Tillmann · Married on 09/19/2020

Wedding judge

Tom was amazing to work with! If you had any questions he was always open for a quick phone call or email. On his website he has several different ceremony services and it was so helpful to chose from that. He will run through everything before the big day and if anything needs to be changed he was willing to do it. Very pleased

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/08/2020

We Could Not Have Asked for a Better Officiant

After researching a few different officiants in the Stillwater, MN area, we knew immediately after reading through the information on Tom's website that he would be the perfect choice for us.  His witty, humorous, yet professional personality shines, making you feel at ease as you read through what would typically be a whirlwind of information.  His website is organized so clearly and takes the stress out of trying to figure out where to even start planning.

I contacted Tom in the spring of 2020 for our August wedding.  As you can imagine, planning a wedding during a pandemic was stressful as nothing was certain.  I felt like I was changing the plans every time we communicated and he showed nothing but the utmost flexibility. It was comforting to know that he was accomodating and adaptable.  He always responded within a very short time, too.  That is reassuring for a bride-to-be!

When our venue canceled on us, Tom suggested a beautiful park that was still in the same area that we wanted to be. Due to the circumstances brought on by the pandemic, I was changing details right up until the day of the ceremony.  We will always appreciate how gracious and kind he was during the planning.

On the day of the wedding, he arrived on time, looked sharp (despite the oppressive 70+ dew point!), and was extremely accomodating to us, as we were still taking some photos.  He visited with our guests before the ceremony and shared a few funny stories as our nervous, young adult children signed the important paperwork. He was very personable and our guests (and us!) loved his wedding delivery.

Tom sent us a copy of our marriage license and we received it just 3 days after our wedding and received the certified copy within 1 week.  Details and follow-through are his things!

I cannot say enough wonderful words about Tom; I highly recommend using him to officiate your wedding.  He takes the stress out of trying to figure out how to even begin planning the ceremony. Thank you, Tom, for creating a stress-free day for us!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • KayLynne

KayLynne Stuelke · Married on 08/07/2020

Best Ceremony Ever!!

Judge Tom Armstrong, helped us with every detail for our ceremony. The fun options he provided us made our wedding unique, fun and special for us. Tom Armstrong is the greatest choice when it comes to an officiant.

Sent on 08/23/2020

Richard Tillery · Married on 07/31/2020

A wonderful experience

Tom was referred to us by a friend. From the moment we contacted Tom he was wonderful to work with. His website is full of ideas and sample ceremonies that were so helpful. Any questions we had were answered promptly. Tom was flexible with our plans as they changed due to Covid. With his help the ceremony was exactly what we hoped it would be. I highly recommend Tom!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Annie Babcock · Married on 06/06/2020

Experienced, helpful, and an outstanding speaker!!

We would recommend Tom to anyone! First, his website is an outstanding resource and contains a wealth of helpful information and sample wedding ceremony language. Second, Tom was extremely responsive and provided prompt and helpful feedback to our proposed script. Last and most important, Tom's performance on the day of our wedding was amazing! He is a skilled public speaker, and projects a commanding speaking voice. Tom is an excellent wedding officiant!

Sent on 06/20/2020
  • Carrie

Carrie Wilcox · Married on 11/23/2019

Knowledgeable, experienced, and personable!!!

Based on so many positive reviews I reached out to Tom to see if he was available to officiate our wedding. Lucky for us he was available on our date! Tom made everything so easy and was always available if we had questions. We were married at Como and he had more knowledge of the space than the staff who work there. He has detailed information on his site which was quite helpful for planning and if I couldn't find what I needed, he was quick to respond via email. He also made it super easy to write our own ceremony with the ceremony library he has available and will give you advice if you need it. In the weeks following our wedding, we had people mention how fun and friendly he was. Don't hesitate to hire Tom for your wedding!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Mary

Mary Adeola Adeyemi · Married on 09/21/2019

The best experience ever with the best judge

He's simply the best and the coolest.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Liubov Hines · Married on 08/29/2019

Professional, prompt, and responsive...

Tom responded very quickly. He offered us choices, and suggestions with an emphasis that this was "our day". With that being said, Tom wanted us to get the results we wanted for our ceremony. Very professional, and thoughtful to our needs to make this a wonderful and special day. Highly recommend his services!!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • B Gibson

B Gibson · Married on 08/02/2019

Great Service. Great Ceremony

Tom was great to work with. He made the ceremony a breeze to plan as he provides an abundance of resources on his website and you can pick and choose (and even customize) every aspect of your ceremony. He was available throughout the process to answer questions and help us plan. Tom arrived at the ceremony site on time, made the signing simple, and conducted himself as a professional during the ceremony. We were very happy that he respected our wishes to keep our ceremony non-denominational.

We would recommend his services to anyone planning their wedding and needing an officiant.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Albert

Albert Lamotte · Married on 06/30/2019

Great Job Judge Armstrong!

A wonderful experience with a great man!
    Highly recommend him for any nuptials!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Mary · Married on 06/29/2019

Judge Tom did a great job officiating our wedding!

We thought Tom did a wonderful job in officiating our wedding! He was so organized, calming, and personable. His website was so thorough and provided us with a lot of ideas and guidance in planning the ceremony, and in our talks with him beforehand, he also provided lots of guidance. We were very pleased with his services, and some of our guests also commented on how nice of a job he did. I would highly recommend him to officiate at your wedding

Sent on 09/25/2019

Nicole Speak · Married on 06/10/2019

Very personalized ceremony

Tom was a pleasure to work with! Communication was very open and he provided a lot of examples of possibles ceremonies to choose from and allowed you to customize the entire ceremony down to each word.

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Beth

Beth Caron · Married on 05/18/2019

Exactly what we needed in an officiant.

Judge Tom Armstrong was exactly what we needed for our ceremony. His website was incredibly helpful in putting together the ceremony that was truly perfect for us- and he was a great speaker and organizer. Our guests commented that he was really great at keeping everything moving and delivered the perfect tone for our special day. Couldn't have been happier! Thanks, Judge Tom!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Laurel · Married on 02/09/2019

Look No Further

Tom is the best! My husband and I were married at Como Park Conservatory's Sunken Garden, where Tom has performed hundreds of weddings. He was so knowledgable that it was like having our own wedding planner. Tom brought a humor, charm and grace to the ceremony planning process that was absolutely invaluable. We enjoyed his many anecdotes throughout the decision-making process and found his website very helpful in providing ideas. We were able to write our entire ceremony, which Tom delivered beautifully. He was punctual, helped usher out-of-town guests, and was so genuine it was like having a friend officiate. Can't recommend his services enough!

Sent on 02/23/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2018

Made our day!

Tom officiated our wedding at the end of October in the Sunken Garden of the Como Conservatory. He shared many ideas and helpful pieces of information as we prepared for our day (including sample ceremony options to use or to customize to our liking, best ways to go about name changes, getting our marriage license, etc.), which was extremely useful, convenient, and appreciated. On our wedding day Tom was very fun, relaxed, and personable. Everyone loved his demeanor and how his officiating was the perfect balance of class with humor. We are very happy to have chosen him to be our wedding officiant and highly recommend him to others.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/28/2018

Tom will give you a unique ceremony that you love.

Tom was amazing from beginning to end. He was extremely accommodating and thorough in helping develop our ceremony outline. We ended up with exactly the ceremony that we wanted, and he was patient with us while we worked it all out. All of his experience shows- it led him to making a few suggestions regarding what would work best and what might not at our ceremony venue (Irvine Park) as he had been there often, and for that I was especially grateful. I was a bit nervous as we hadn't met until the day of, but Tom arrived early to the ceremony space and organized the musicians, the microphones, spoke to our readers, etc. When I arrived for the ceremony, everything looked perfect, and everyone knew where to go, and for that I am so grateful to Tom. Many guests commented on how friendly he was and how smoothly the ceremony went. Tom was one of my favorite vendors of our wedding, and I would recommend Tom to anyone.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

So very pleased!!! Response to my emails were immediate!! Very personable and fun! Tom went above and beyond and contacted the harpist and venue to touch base prior to the wedding without my knowledge!! I can’t say enough good things about Tom!! THANKS TOM!!! You did things we didn’t even think of to make our day stree free! ❤️

Sent on 09/30/2018

JENNIFER · Married on 09/16/2018

Judge Armstrong officiated my son's wedding a couple of weeks ago and did a great job and was such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend him for your special day.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2018

Highly Recommend

Tom was great to work with! He was so helpful and friendly, we would highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Jade · Married on 09/10/2018

Tom was great! He was extremely helpful in writing our own ceremony, providing fantastic advice and catching all the little details. We had an early morning wedding at the Como Conservatory, and he knew the space (having done over 200 weddings there); he gave great advice on how people should exit and knew that the fountain could be turned off. In addition, he has a great voice and performed our ceremony even better than we hoped! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/22/2018