JTorry Makeup and Hair Artistry Reviews

99 | Dallas, TX

99 Reviews for JTorry Makeup and Hair Artistry

Nisha D 路 Getting married on 01/05/2021

Jenny, the miracle worker!!!

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for Jenny!!! She truly transformed me into the princess I wanted to be for my dream Wedding weekend!!! I got countless compliments from family, friends and even strangers about how all my looks were so unique, fun, and beautiful!! Jenny went above and beyond in so many ways. Not only did she astonish me with her insane talent, but she also amazed me with how beautiful of a person she is inside and out!! I was looking forward to my "Jenny styling time" during the wedding :) Talking to her felt like I had known her for years!

Thank you for not only being SUCH a talented makeup artist and hair stylist Jenny, but also for becoming a friend along the way 馃檪

Jenny is a miracle worker and I highly, highly recommend her for any and all and events you have, most importantly for brides!!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Miriam

Miriam Alexander 路 Married on 11/23/2019

JTorrey - Absolute BEST!

I have to take this moment to just rave about Jenny Torrey. She is the absolute best for hair and makeup! First, she was so accommodating for my wedding weekend and kept up with my tight schedule of things. I also have a very tight work schedule and she was so accommodating for my trial as well! She was willing to meet me super early one morning before work. Secondly, she really can get any look you want for all your events. For my Sangeet (night before event), I wanted a fun/sparkle look and she achieved that. For my wedding day, I wanted a more natural look but still with a "pop" and it turned out PERFECT! Thirdly, she is so fun to work with! I feel we really bonded over things in all our meetings and I felt so comfortable putting all my trust in her for my wedding weekend. She made me feel so beautiful and the most perfect bride I could be. She's very passionate about what she does and will make sure you have the look you want! Her team is also great to work with! They came bright and early on wedding day and got all my girls ready - and they all looked amazing! Also, her hair extensions are a must! They feel so real and are thick to hold any up do or hair style you want. I appreciate Jenny for all of her hard work and so thankful for everything she did!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Aneesa Mann 路 Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing choice!

Choosing Jenny to be my hair and makeup artist for my wedding was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding. It was an easy choice! Starting from the bridal trial to the actually events, it was a breeze. She took her time, she listened to my wants and requests, and she also envisioned styles for me that I would never had chosen. She has a gift and she is wonderful at using it! She was my artists for my 3 large events and each event was special in its own way. She saw my outfits and created looks that went perfectly with each one. I received so many compliments and I was proud to tell each person that it was all Jenny. The makeup she uses makes you feel as natural as possible. I never felt like I had too much makeup on and even though I wore it for 12-15 hours for ceremonies and photo-shoots, I wasn't eager to take it off. It felt so comfortable! The best part is that she is aware of south-asian bridal needs and she helps with each thing. She set my dupatta and tikka and she was knowledgeable about the process. Jenny also has a very caring heart and makes sure that the bride is ready for her big day. She takes her time and puts her time and effort as well as adds special touches to each look. I don't have any regrets and I am sure I will use her again soon in the future.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Shubita

shubita hassan 路 Married on 11/10/2019

Need not look further for a makeup and hair artist for your wedding

I was looking for a MUA in Dallas and was so fortunate to have Jenny do my hair and makeup for my wedding ceremony and reception . She is talented , warm and goes the "extra mile" for her brides. She gave me great suggestions ( saved me money and the hassle of running around ) !!! She knows exactly what works for you and this speaks of her talent and dedication to her craft . I highly recommend Jenny and her wonderful / talented team at JTorry ! More success to you .

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Preethi

Preethi Panicker 路 Married on 07/13/2019

That JTorry Magic!

I keep saying it, I got the best of the best with Jenny! She was amazing to have for my wedding and the best part was, I legitimately had no worries about how I looked on my wedding day (which no bride has ever said before)! I always heard Jenny was the best and as soon as I started planning my wedding, I made sure to book her because I knew she was in high demand, and for good reason too... She's amazing! She not only has this magic in making you look amazing but she will make you feel amazing in your look. The one request I had was to be able to look like myself and she really made me beyond happy, she did my hair and make-up for both my engagement shoots and my wedding, all of which I don't have enough words to tell you how great of an experience it was. As someone who doesn't wear make-up a lot or knows what I'm doing with make-up when I do, I surprisingly felt so comfortable! Jenny not just glammed me up but she explained and took me through her process which made me even more confident with my look in her hands. I didn't even feel the need to show her any pictures because I trusted her talent! Her team is amazing, my bridal party had a blast with them and were so happy with their looks. Our pictures came out amazing and all our faces/hair lasted all day and night! Jenny Torry is amazing at what she does, you don't even have to think twice about it, just reach out and book her!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Ritu

Ritu 路 Married on 03/10/2019

Very talented!

Jenny was absolutely amazing to work with. She did a phenomenal job with all of my wedding looks -- both hair and makeup. Each look was quite different, and she was able to understand my vision and turn it into something truly beautiful. I received so many compliments! She's truly passionate about her work and was also always on time, even when hair and makeup started at 2am. Importantly, she was a joy to be around. I would certainly recommend her for all Indian brides!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Nasheen Quamar 路 Married on 12/26/2018

Awesome Makeup Artist!

Jenny was recommended to me by friend and I鈥檓 so happy she was available for my wedding! I found her very responsive and professional. She even asked for some photos to give her an idea of my wedding inspiration ahead of time. Jenny was really accommodating and let me schedule a bridal trial very close to the wedding date. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless! The afternoon of my wedding, Jenny was right on time and was fully setup a few minutes before I arrived at the bridal suite. She gifted me a customized bridal robe which I found to be very thoughtful and sweet. I loved the airbrush look she created and my makeup looked great all night long with hardly any touch-up. I can鈥檛 recommend Jenny enough, she is extremely talented at her craft and you can tell she really loves what she does. Thank you Jenny for making me feel so special on my big day. Love you! xoxo

Sent on 01/07/2019

Shaheen L 路 Married on 12/15/2018

Makes your beautiful dream come true!

I stopped worrying about my hair and makeup for my wedding as soon as I booked Jenny. She literally takes your dream look and makes it happen better than you imagined. She helped make me (bride) feel so relaxed. Plus it's so easy to trust that she will make you look like your most beautiful, natural self. 100% recommend! I'm so happy I chose Jenny for my out of town wedding, it was a dream come true. :)

Sent on 01/21/2019

Kai 路 Married on 11/20/2018

I found Jenny just by searching on Google. I was specifically looking for someone who has experience in doing makeup for Asian people like me and then she showed up on my search. I'm so glad it did!! I was planning to do trial makeup first but due to lack of time and also because of my allergies, I had to pass. It seemed like she had appointments booked for that day but she made sure she'll be able to accommodate me even if it's too early in the morning.

Even without the trial, Jenny did an excellent job on my hair and makeup. She asked for pictures of what I wanted and pictures of how I did my makeup before. I only have good things to say about her and will definitely recommend her to anyone!

She was also very nice and she made me feel less nervous like it's just a normal day chatting with your girl friends. Jenny's awesome, book her! :)

Sent on 08/23/2018

Jennifer 路 Married on 08/25/2018

Proud to be a Jtorry bride!! Jenny was amazing! I've followed her Instagram for as long as I can remember. It was a dream come true to have my hair and makeup done by her on my wedding day. Thank you for also glamming up my girls! Jenny is passionate about her job and it shows in her work. I got to get to know Jenny a little more though my makeup trails and she is so sweet and inspiring..I admire her big heart and motivation in everything she does. I never felt so beautiful. The commitments I got on my wedding day were endless. I look forward to booking Jenny for future celebrations/events.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Neena 路 Married on 08/25/2018

Jenny was such a pleasure to work with! I've used her services before for friends' weddings and loved her work! (That obviously meant she just HAD to doll me up for my big day!)
    What I appreciated the most about Jenny was her genuine care especially during wedding week. Jenny's advice was so helpful and her dedication to ensure my bridesmaids and I looked on point from head to toe was truly awesome! I highly recommend booking Jenny for your hair and makeup needs. She and her team are awesome and you'll feel nothing less than beautiful on your special day!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Hemali 路 Married on 07/28/2018

I loved working with Jenny! She was so personable, nice, and easy to work with. She understood my vision for each event and the outcome was exactly what I had pictured. She was very professional and prompt. I was on time for all my events. I'm so thankful I was able to work with Jenny for my wedding weekend!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Tasfia 路 Married on 06/23/2018

Jenny is absolutely amazing, I don't have that much experience with makeup so when she asked me about my specific vision for my wedding looks I was only able to give her very vague descriptions and yet somehow she read between the lines and made a look that was everything I ever dreamed of if not more! I received soooo many compliments on my both my wedding events and I cannot be more happy to have been able to book Jenny for my wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Alyssa 路 Married on 11/26/2017

How can you rate someone 5 stars when they deserve so many more!? Jenny is TRULY an artist. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else but to she and her team. I've always DREAMED of Jenny doing my makeup, and that dream became a reality. I only wish I could have my own personal Jenny every day! She made the best day ever, even better. My husband has never been huge into makeup, he rather me not wear it at all, but both for our engagement pictures and our wedding day, he has loved Jenny's work. Words cannot describe how amazing of an artist she is. A HUGE thank you for making me feel so beautiful. She will always be my first and only recommendation.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Lonnie 路 Married on 11/17/2017

J Torry is amazing! Very professional and just talented. J Torry was the artist for my daughter's wedding at Crescent Court Hotel, Dallas, Tx. on November 17, 2017. She was on time and did such a beautiful job. My daughter said it was because of J Torry that she felt so beautiful on her wedding day. J Torry is such a lovely person inside/out and strictly business and is very passionate about her profession, business and clients. She ask questions about your vision, what you consider problem areas, and she works to create that vision and eliminate any insecurities you may have. My daughter wanted her hair a certain way, and Jenny T. did it to perfection. It was so special to have her make Austyn's wedding day not only special for my daughter but for every woman that was blessed by her artistry that day. J Torry was a big part of transforming my daughter's wedding day into a magical and unforgettable day.

Sent on 12/09/2017

Jency 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Of all the moving parts involved in a wedding, the one thing I knew with confidence was that I would look my absolute best with Jenny and her team behind me (the bride), the bride and grooms' moms, and 8 bridesmaids. Jenny is a constant professional but put me completely at ease during my engagement hair and makeup session, wedding day trial, and certainly on my wedding day. Getting 11 ladies hair and makeup flawless (and lasting 12+ hours through a ceremony and constant dancing at the reception) is no easy task; but they made it seem like it was. Jenny nailed the exact bridal look I wanted, and I am so grateful for her. Book her early and don't look back!

Sent on 10/22/2017
  • Raisha

Raisha 路 Married on 07/07/2017

Best makeup & hair artist in dfw!

I have known Jenny for several few years now, seeing her grow as a Makeup artist and eventually launching her own makeup line as well as beauty school, I always knew whenever it was my turn for my big day it was gonna be Jenny doing my makeover. I follow several DFW MUAs and even MUAs in diff state/country but the amount of work Jenny puts in each and every client, the knowledge she has and the way she delivers a bride鈥檚 wish is absolutely phenomenal. Yessss, all the 鈥淕ODDESSSS鈥 comments on his work on instagram posts are all me and will always be me!

My Nikah was planned and dated super last minute, I had told my in laws ahead of time that whenever my MUA is available is when I鈥檒l do the Nikah and they happily complied with my request lol! I started my Nikah planning by reaching out to Jenny first thing to see when she鈥檇 be available. Even during COVID this girl was fully booked!!! THIS is when you know she鈥檚 the best in the industry. Regardless, she tried and managed to squeeze me in for a whole bridal look including dupatta/tikka setting. As you sign the contract she sends out a green COVID-waiver form which was super impressive and well put out! On the day of as soon as I got there, she wanted to know what my vision was as a bride and I pretty much went in clueless/not bothered because I knew Jenny would know what would look best on me than me telling her what I鈥檇 like. And that鈥檚 exactly what I replied to her! She gave me a beautiful Nikah look that made me truly feel like a bride, honestly until I went to her studio it didn鈥檛 hit me that I was getting married in 4 hours!

She did a beautiful gold cut crease with her lashes 鈥渓il boots鈥. Blush and highlighter was also by her makeup line JTorrybeauty. The best cut crease was made again from her makeup line鈥檚 鈥渃onfidence鈥 palette. To finish it up, she did red lips by Mac.

I hear a lot of people say how makeup artists are so expensive. It is YOUR big day! Comes only once in a lifetime, you dont wanna have ANY doubt on how you鈥檇 look and ruin your wedding photography which can also be quite expensive. Pay your artist generously, they鈥檙e spending a chunk of their day to make YOUR day memorable and prettiest ever. Pay them for their knowledge, skills and expertise. Next time please do not bargain or try to negotiate with them when shopping around for MUAs, you鈥檙e not at a meat market in South Asia.

It鈥檚 been a week since my Nikah and I鈥檓 still getting bombarded by msgs from not only my family and friends but also strangers about how perfect my look was! I was in loveeeeee! I couldn鈥檛 believe it that I can look this beautiful too! I鈥檓 the biggest OCD person anyone can ever come across and getting my makeup and hair done from Jenny was one of those very few moments in life when I was truly 100% happy, satisfied and perfect.

Sent on 06/27/2020

Shruti 路 Married on 04/08/2017

Jenny is an artist! I had no idea what I wanted my makeup or hair to look like for my wedding events. I let her be as creative as she wanted and I absolutely loved the outcome. I felt beautiful for each and every event. I felt like a bride. My hair wasn't overdone but lasted all night and even with the makeup on, I still looked like myself. Jenny definitely is talent and I recommend her to everyone who is wanting to feel like a princess on their wedding day!

Sent on 04/24/2017

tamanjit 路 Married on 03/25/2017

One of the most amazing artist in the Dallas area. I was transformed into a princess on my wedding day and didn't have to say much to Jenny about what I wanted and just trusted her. Very easy going and understanding. I had the best experience with her.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Tilu 路 Married on 02/04/2017

Jenny is absolutely amazing and such a delight to work with! She made my vision come to life and made me feel fabulous on my wedding day. Jenny and her team were wonderful to work with and did a great job on my whole bridal party. With Jenny as your MUA, you won't be disappointed. Thank you again Jenny for all your hard work - hands down the best MUA!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Kalee 路 Married on 11/12/2016

Jenny is the best at what she does. I had a very long engagement until my wedding and Jenny was patient and responsive to everyone of my own personal nerves (I was a paranoid bride)! I searched for months for the perfect makeup artist, that was the biggest deal for me to look exactly how I wanted, I found Jenny and I booked her instantly! Look no further if you are looking for someone to transform you into the princess bride you have always dreamed of! She made me feel so beautiful and her team made my girls just as stunning! Book with Jenny you will NEVER regret it! :)

Sent on 12/06/2016

Nallely 路 Married on 10/15/2016

Without a doubt the best of the best in DFW !!! Jenny is the BOMB!! Amazing personality with hands of a goddess! Her work is super clean, and her work ethic is phenomenal. I absolutely love my bridal look on my wedding day & my mother loved how elegant Jenny's team made her look. No doubt you get the best service in her hands, thank you so so much Jenny my makeup lasted wonderful from 10AM-4AM of the next day flawlessly.

Sent on 10/27/2016
  • Gina & Bryan

Gina 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Incredibly talented team that made my whole bridal party gorgeous & confident. Extremely knowledgeable and professional. My airbrush makeup & hair were flawless and made me feel so beautiful, my husband literally cried when he saw me. Definitely worth the money hiring a true professional.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Elizabeth 路 Married on 09/25/2016

Jtory,
    You do not know how thankful I am with you for your amazing work!! You helped me feel flawless! I know I made the right decision when I booked you! You made me and my girls look beautiful!! Thank you for making us feel so comfortable and just had an amazing time with you! There is seriously no one else out there better then JTorry!!! I will definitely book you again for any other event!! Thank you!!! ??????????????????

Sent on 09/28/2016

sonia 路 Married on 08/12/2016

I'm so glad I didn't pick anyone besides Jenny, she's incredible and I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/14/2016