JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter) Reviews

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)

Birmingham, AL

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Karen
    Karen S. Married on 08/03/2022

Niece's Wedding Gift

I asked my niece to pick something super special that she would not do for herself... she found Joy and sent me the information. After some research and discussion with Joy, we moved forward. Joy was absolutely amazing and her painting will undoubtedly be a family heirloom! Watching the painting come to life before our eyes was intriguing. Not only was it an amazing gift, but it also provided entertainment at the wedding as guests watched the process. Joy was easy to communicate with, and I would not change anything! I would recommend her to anyone who wants to provide an extremely special and unique gift that will last a lifetime and beyond!
    Kelly R. Married on 05/12/2022

Live event Artist

Joy was very professional and so talented, all deadlines and time lines were met. She added a whole other dimension to the reception everyone enjoyed watching her work. The bride and groom loved their portrait, it is a keepsake that will be treasured always.

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Kelly, painting one as a gift is such a delight to do. Thank you so much for allowing me to do this fir all of you.
  • Lori
    Lori C. Married on 04/30/2022

Live Event Artist

I highly recommend using Joy Varnell as your Live Event Artist! Joy has impeccable communication and attention to detail. Joy responds to your emails quickly and continues to follow up throughout the process. Joy created a beautiful painting for my daughters wedding and even included her pet dachshund Simon. Simon was unable to attend however Joy request pictures of Simon and was to include him in the painting. The couple was thrilled!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Stacey R. Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing experience!

What a treat to have such a beautiful piece of art for my daughter from the wedding. It was really amazing to watch her work, everybody raved about her! I would highly recommend using her.

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Stacey, thank you so much for the wonderful review. Raina looked like a princess and the setting was incredible. It was such a pleasure to paint this for you
  • Perryn
    Perryn W. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing and Attentive

Joy did a phenomenal job capturing us during our ceremony and first dance. We are so happy with the results and can't thank her enough for the beautiful painting! Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with her work and visited her to look at our painting.

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

It was such a sweet ceremony, and a perfect day. I enjoyed doing this for you and Tanner. Thank you so much
    Karleigh J. Married on 09/04/2021

Live Painting for Wedding

Joy Varnell is absolutely amazing!! She was so easy to work with and very accommodating to changes day of my wedding! Her work is beautiful and I will cherish it forever!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Karleigh, thank you so much for the sweet review. You were a pleasure to paint for and "the view" !! The view was spectacular
    Neethu K. Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Above and beyond our expectations

Joy was so easy to work with, both with set up on our day and finding a good spot to get her view, along with how responsive she was up to our big day. We were excited to see what our painting would look like, and can we just say we were blown away with how it turned out. It is one of our centerpieces in our home. We are so thankful!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Neethu, thank you so much. It was such a sweet ceremony. I loved doing this for you and I am so happy to know you are enjoying your painting
    Renita Married on 07/03/2021

My Dream Wedding Peice

From the beginning our Artist was super helpful and patient with me! Creating the correct skin tones was super important for me and she was able to depict each person! It rained really bad on our wedding day so everything was pushed inside but she took it upon herself to still incorporate the background I really wanted! This is still my favorite thing from our wedding!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Renita, It was such a pleasure to paint for you. Your dress was do stunning. I hope you enjoy your painting for many years to come
  • Sharon
    Sharon C. Married on 06/19/2021

Live event painting

Joy is the sweeetest person you will ever meet. Her works speaks for itself; it is absolutely AMAZING. One of my favorite things about my wedding. Worth every penny. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND JOY for your special day!!!!
    Sara C. Married on 04/10/2021

Joy Varnell Live Wedding Painting

My husband and I had the BEST experience with Joy, who did a live painting of our reception. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she was wonderful to work with!! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a live painter for their wedding. We received so much great feedback from our guests, they loved it and so did we!!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Sara, thank you so much. I hope you enjoy your painting for many years. It was such fun to do this for you.
    Paula H. Married on 01/02/2021

Remarkable

Joy was a pleasure to work with! The painting is very special to us. I asked Joy to include a memento from my sons late dad in the portrait. This special visual will always be a reminder for my son that a part of his dad was present on his
    wedding day! All the guests were in awe of her talent. Everyone loved watching the painting "come to life" throughtout the night. I highly recommend Joy to create this special treasure for your event.

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Paula, thank you so much for your sweet words. "The cap" will always be a sweet memory for me also. Thank you for asking me to be a part of such a sweet day.
    Kathleen Married on 09/05/2020

Incredible!

After seeing a live painter paint a wedding on TV I fell in love with the idea of having a live painter at our wedding! I spent a lot of time looking for the right artist for our event and could not be happier with Joy. Her style of painting and use of color is exactly what we were looking for. She was super easy to work with and totally understood over vision. Our guests loved watching the painting process and we were all blown away to see the finished product. We couldn’t wait to get the painting home and on the wall. It’s been weeks now and we still cannot get over what a beautiful piece of art she created. It will be a family heirloom we will treasure forever!
    Nicole Married on 01/18/2020

Absolutely Stunning!

Joy was not only a wonderful painter and made a canvas that looked EXACTLY like us, she was also very accommodating for me to pick up our painting and went out of her way to get it to us! We have received so many compliments on how perfectly it captured the evening, and she painted exactly what we had in mind. It truly is a beautiful masterpiece and would highly recommend her!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Nicole, thank you so much for the wonderful review. I enjoyed doing this for you and hope that you enjoy it for many years
    Donna P. Married on 03/01/2019

Ms Donna Powers

I am so grateful Joy Varnell was able to capture the realistic memories for both of my sons Weddings! I would recommend Joy Varnell to anyone who has a memory they would like for capture for a Lifetime!
    Lauren Married on 12/08/2018

Precious Keepsake!

Wow - so many people enjoyed watching Joy work her magic during the reception, and sharing the finished product with friends and family was so special and fun! We are thrilled to have this beautiful reminder of our special day in our home! Choose Joy!!
    Madeline Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible Talent!

Joy is a pleasure to work with. She is incredibly talented and the collage painting she did of our proposal, cake cutting, ceremony, and reception is absolutely beautiful! It is well worth the money spent and is something so special that can be hung in our home for the rest of our lives. All the guests at the wedding were so amazed by her work as well!
  • Maria
    Maria Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend

This was by far my favorite part of the reception. Having Joy there to capture such a special moment of my husband and I dancing meant the world to me. The painting turned out beautiful!
  • Kahlin
    Kahlin Married on 10/10/2018

Incredible

Please do yourself a favor and choose Joy. She is truly gifted and talented. She was part of our reception and the guests loved checking her progress throughout the night. My husband was so surprised. It was the best gift! Thank you, Joy! Your art hangs in our living room and will be a piece we will pass down.
    Elise Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Most Talented Painter!

Joy was one of our absolute favorite vendors from our wedding day. During the wedding planning process, someone told me about a "live painter" and I was intrigued by what this was...after hours of researching, instagram stalking...I came across Joy! She was by far the most talented "live painter" I found. She was easy to work with, captured the night perfectly and even adding in special "momentos" in our painting. The whole night people kept coming up to us saying "how did you find her, she is so talented!" We are so excited to hang our beautiful painting of the best night of our lives in our home! Thanks again, Joy!
    Jessica Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A painting that made our day so special

We met Mrs Joy two years before we had gotten engaged as she was setting up to paint a wedding and joked about having her paint our wedding one day. Well when the day came Mrs joy remembered us and made our day so special by coming to paint our first dance! It rained which changed our plan of having our first dance outside but that didn’t stop Mrs. Joy from making my dream come true. She painted us as we danced inside and added the back drop of where we would of danced. The photo turned out beautiful!! Tim and Joy are the sweetest people to work with and put their heart into their work! I can’t express enough how special having our painting is to us!
    Lauren Married on 08/04/2018

Exceeded Expectations!

Mrs. Joy exceeded expectations with our painting. She painted a beautiful painting based of my preferences. I would recommend her to anyone if they wanted a live painting from their wedding. She was very easy to work with and her work was above and beyond what I expected. It was a very unique keepsake from our wedding day.

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for the sweet review. It was such a pleasure. Thank you for including me. Your reception was beautiful. We had such a wonderful time,
    Kayli Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing work!

Highly recommend Joy as a live event painter! She is quick to respond, has responsible prices, and her artwork is a beautiful! Thanks, Joy!
    Kayla Married on 06/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You will be glad you did!

WOW! I cannot say enough great things about Joy, her artistic ability, and her professional demeanor! Our ceremony painting is something we will cherish forever!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Kayla, thank you so much for a great review. Everything about your wedding was to perfection. I enjoyed so much capturing it all on canvas for you
    Pamela R. Married on 05/18/2018

Over-the-top!

Attention to detail is incredible! She even added the grooms parents in after the fact, when we noticed they were not in the painting. Colors were amazing and everyone in the painting are itentifiable. AMAZING ARTIST!

JoyVarnellArt (Live Event Painter)'s reply:

Pamela, thank you so much for your review. The evening was magical, and it was a pleasure working with you and your family.
    Jenna Married on 04/14/2018

Atlanta Wedding Live Painting

Joy did an awesome live painting at our wedding! I loved it and all our guests were so amazed! My husband was so surprised (he did not know about this in advance) and he thought it was just the coolest thing and was impressed by how accurately she depicted him (down to his facial hair and bald head!) We have the portrait framed in our living room and will cherish it forever :)
illustration stars