Joyful Weddings & Events Reviews

87 Reviews for Joyful Weddings & Events

1 User photo

Joyful Weddings & Events 1

Doug Swane · Married on 03/09/2019

Richard took great care of our requests.

Richard attended to our needs as we live out of country. We had no challenges day of our event. At went very smoothly

Maria · Married on 03/09/2019

highly recommend

The best decision other than marrying my wonderful husband was to choose Richard as our officiant and out coordinator the the event . He made the entire process stress free and the day flowed smoothly without any hiccups. He is a wonderful man and I would recommend him highly. Also being from Canada he was able to give me the correct advice about making sure our documents were in order for the wedding to be recognized in Canada as well.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Joyful Weddings & Events's reply:

You and Doug were great communicators during the months that we worked together. That makes coordinating special days less stressful. All the best - Richard
  • Caraigh

Caraigh Cannon · Married on 11/10/2018

He Put Our Nerves At Ease

Richard was our officiant for our wedding on November 10th, 2018 in beautiful Palm Springs, California.

I can’t say how enjoyable and how much he put my nerves at ease throughout the whole process. He was recommended through a family friend Allison who works in the industry and had nothing but incredible things to say about his services.

We met up with him a few months before the wedding, discussed our vision and he just got it! His communication was incredible throughout the whole process and was readily available for any questions I had regarding the sequence of events and paperwork. The day before he met us at the venue for a run through of what to expect and it made me happy to know we were in the best of hands on one of the most stressful days of my life. The day of was a bit of a cluster getting to the venue and when we arrived, I saw his face and immediately felt at ease. He’s been doing this for a long time and you can tell through his willingness to listen, yet interject if he thinks something may flow a little easier another way. I appreciated his perspective and experience and he helped us have the time of our lives up there!

Thank you Richard from the bottom of our hearts. You made our day something magical and we are forever grateful.

Julia Gall · Married on 10/26/2018

Wonderful experience

Richard officiated our wedding just this past weekend at The O'Donnell House in Palm Springs and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went. The part we enjoyed the most was writing the ceremony together with Richard to ensure it was personal and felt really special. Richard also reviewed our vows and was generally very helpful throughout the entire process. Incredibly thankful for every moment!

George · Married on 01/08/2018

Richard was very accommodating and flexible. We live out of state, and Richard's guidance through the process ensured our wedding was exactly as we hoped for. He provided an intimate and personal marriage ceremony that was exactly to our taste.

Tania · Married on 11/12/2017

Wonderful experience

Richard was wonderful, he helped us organize an elopement within a weeks notice at my dream venue. Was very fast to respond, and was able to get a great photographer in that short amount of time as well. He takes care of everything and puts your mind at ease.

Anthony · Married on 11/11/2017

Having Richard Cadieux as our officiant was a blessing! He was so knowledgable and extremely helpful in guiding us to the day leading up to our wedding ceremony on Nov. 11, 2017. His passion, love and sense of humor set the perfect tone. It was a true pleasure working with him and we highly recommend him. Thank You again Richard! Anthony and Amanda.

david · Married on 09/30/2017

He was great and we'd use him again!

Denise · Married on 08/14/2017

Very helpful! Everything from referring other vendors to pinning on the groom's boutineer! On top of a quality, personalized service! Highly recommend!

Alyssa · Married on 05/27/2017

If you're looking for an officiant, look no further, Richard is the one! Richard was an absolute pleasure to work with! From our first phone call, we knew he was the perfect officiant for our wedding. He was easy-going, got to know us, and was always organized and on top of things. After our ceremony, several guests asked us how we knew Richard, because he knew us and fit us well! Our ceremony was a combination of humorous (jokes at my expense - that I approved), sincere, and so special. Richard even included special father/daughter vows, and it made our day that much more special. THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts!

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2017

Richard really is a fantastic officiant and we are so happy and delighted that he married us. He is exceptionally funny, kind, patient, genuine and amazing at his job. All of our guests commented on how great he was and how much they enjoyed our ceremony. We can't thank you enough Richard!!

Kimberly · Married on 03/24/2017

Richard did a wonderful job at our wedding at La Quinta Resort, La Quinta CA. He really understood what we wanted out of our ceremony and it turned out amazing !

Paul · Married on 11/25/2016

Richard was extremely accommodating, flexible, easy to get a hold of and all around awesome. He definitely played a key role in making our day awesome. Would recommend him to others in a heartbeat.

Kelley · Married on 11/05/2016

If you're seeking a warm, meaningful, loving tone for your wedding ceremony, then Joyful Weddings is perfect for you. Richard's professionalism, kindness, experience, sense of humor, and ability to work with us to create the right words for our ceremony made our event very, very special. We highly recommend Richard and Joyful Weddings.

• Y

Yaneth · Married on 10/27/2016

So thankful to have come across Joyful Wedding and Events website. Thanks to their services I had the wedding I wanted, small, beautiful, and very intimate. The fees are reasonable and the staff is flexible and caring. I would recommend Joyful Wedding and Events to anyone wanting to elope in Palm Springs. Beautiful experience.

Christopher · Married on 10/08/2016

You know your officiant/wedding planner is amazing when guests pull you aside to tell you how your officiant is so obviously invested in your happiness. Richard cares! Everyone who met with him during this planning process mentioned how we were in good hands. Not just previous customers/vendors but our families as well. Palm Springs is one of the most expensive places to get married and thankfully Richard used his connections to find the most amazing and affordable venue - Mission Palm Springs. He even helped us get on local news to complain when Vacation Palm Springs canceled our wedding home without notice in favor of re-listing at a higher price. Richard is very calm and centered. If you are slightly uptight (as I will admit I am) sit back and relax, because he has everything taken care of. At the height of planning chaos he helped calm me and force us to enjoy the planning process. Richard has different price points so be very clear with him what you'd like. Don't expect place cards, seating arrangements, etc. at the lower price point. Be clear and open with him about budgets and responsibilities and remember that you are ALWAYS saving money with Richard. He is an amazing planner with a fantastic reputation. However it was his thoughtful, poignant, and effortlessly written ceremony that captured our hearts. From the first meeting he assured us he cared and when we parted ways at the ceremony we were left with warm hearts and lifelong memories thanks to this amazing man!

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2016

Richard was amazing! I was nervous about planning a wedding in Palm Springs being that I was from Canada. Richard helped me with everything and took any amount of stress I was feeling out of the equation. Helped me pick hair and makeup services, photographer, location etc. I have travelled many places in the world and met many people. Richard is a true gem. Highly recommend his services.

Robert · Married on 10/01/2016

Richard is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. From the first day that we met him, my wife was set on him being our officiant. He is a great listener and makes everything very comfortable. He was able to make a beautiful personalized ceremony that captured all of our guests' attention. We are so glad that we made the choice to have Richard as our officiant and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Deanna · Married on 05/17/2016

Richard was amazing from day one! I found him online while my husband and I were exploring Palm Springs for our wedding. From our initial phone call to our actually wedding Richard was there every step of the way. He helped me decide on the type of wedding to have, where to stay during our visit, the wedding location, flowers, photographer, videographer, everything! He was quick to respond to emails and always willing to help. It was comforting to have someone with so much wedding knowledge on my side!
    My husband and I were from Chicago, so all of our interactions with Richard were through phone or email, but the day that we met Richard for our ceremony it was like I knew him for years. He brought such a wonderful energy: so kind, funny, easy going and passionate! Can't go wrong with Richard!

James Turilli · Married on 03/27/2016

We love Palm Springs so much we purchased a condo there last year. It was decided that it would be the perfect place to begin the next chapter in our lives which came together 19 years ago. We said yes to our respective proposals on Sunday 3/20/ 2016. Following a quick web search, our first call was to Richard. We will forever feel like we won the lottery by making that decision. We described that we wished to be married on our balcony overlooking the mountains. His ability to take our suggestions, combine them with his own and provide EXPERT advise on how and where to begin obtaining the license on line helped to make the planning nearly effortless. He was the best wedding gift we could ever receive. We were surprised that Richard remembered the names of our friends Robert and Keith who would be staying with us while we were in Palm Springs and incorporated there names in our ceremony along with comments about the beautiful balcony setting between the mountains and the desert. It was obviously not a canned ceremony. Add to all of that Richard had no resistance to performing our ceremony on Easter morning following the sunrise service he performed on the mountain top. It was absolutely perfect. Most of the arrangements were made during the first phone call which took less than 1/2 hour. We look forward to seeing Richard when we visit Palm Springs in the future. There are not enough good comments we could ever make to describe how pleased we feel to have chosen Richard to help us plan the most important day in the rest of our lives.

Kate · Married on 03/19/2016

Richard was a pleasure to work with. Right from the first meeting he demonstrated a unique ability to understand what we were looking for and made it fun in the process. He spent time to understand all the facets that we wanted in our ceremony and seamlessly incorporated every element into the final product. We highly recommend him.

Mark · Married on 03/05/2016

Richard was awesome!!! We wanted a simple but non-traditional ceremony and that is exactly what we got. The entire ceremony and event was magical. Highly recommend richard to anyone that is considering him.

Deb · Married on 02/20/2016

Richard was fantastic in guiding us through the entire license and wedding process including offering ceremony site options. Reverend Nan comprised the sweetest ceremonial exchange of vows that was unique to our relationship. She kept in constant touch with us updating us along the way as our wedding date came closer. She was invaluable in giving us information from the weather to site seeing, shopping and dining. Ashley, the photographer was so sweet and did a great job guiding us through the resort property to get wonderful photo opportunities. We cherish the experience the Joyful Weddings team provided.

Kenneth · Married on 02/20/2016

This review is unforgivably overdue! Richard helped my now-husband and me plan our wedding in February 2016, and he did an amazing job as a planner and as our officiant. We were extremely pleased with how everything came together. He took the time to show me five different possible locations, and he spent hours with us planning everything from the menu to the table setting to the music. He seems to know everyone in Palm Springs from restauranteurs to hoteliers to caterers. I was especially pleased with how he structured the ceremony to take our families' backgrounds and interests in mind. Can't recommend him enough!