Joyful Weddings & Events Reviews

Joyful Weddings & Events 4
  • Katie

Katie Silva · Married on 07/31/2019

Richard is incredible!

This is the opinion of a wedding photographer, who sees hundreds of officiants/reverends a year. Richard by far blew everyone out of the water. I loved how he really got to know and understand the couple before the ceremony, and incorporate some phrases/mentions that represent them and their story.

He was great to work with as a vendor as well. He was super accommodating to us photographers to make sure everything ran smoothly. We came all the way from Canada and the couple eloped in Joshua Tree. If I ever get the opportunity to photograph another elopement/wedding in America, I will not hesitate to recommend Richard a thousand times over. Thanks again Richard, you killed it!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Marie Adjemian-Mckenzie · Married on 06/27/2019

Perfect. Humorous. Memorable.

We would highly recommend Joyful Weddings & Events. Richard was a wonderful officiant. He genuinely cared about ensuring our special day was both special and memorable, and was very efficient and helpful. Richard was fantastic with every aspect of our wedding preparation, which was very much appreciated given that we were planning an elopement wedding in California, but undertaking the planning from Australia. For anyone planning a wedding in Southern California, whether you're from the US or overseas, we thoroughly recommend Joyful Weddings & Events to help make your special day memorable.

Sent on 08/04/2019
    Joyful Weddings & Events 6

Joyful Weddings & Events's reply:

It was an honor to help you with your wedding at the Mission Inn in Riverside. Having once lived in Australia, I enjoyed your delightful sense of humor.
  • Nicole

Nicole Brithinee · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful!

My husband and I had a private ceremony in Joshua Tree and Richard was reliable, meaningful and a joy to work with! He was the perfect amount of involved. He was very responsive prior to the ceremony but we met him for the fist time at the ceremony and then poof, he was out of our hair! We were left feeling extremely satisfied with his service.

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Joyful Weddings & Events 7

Joyful Weddings & Events's reply:

Nicole: I love your expression "then poof", he was out of our hair. It is absolutely my experience that couples who choose to elope in Joshua Tree really want a very private, meaningful experience followed immediately by an intimate photo session. So... poof ... I left feeling extremely satisfied that I had met you both.

Scot Eiler · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding Officiant

Richard Cadieux was very good at orchestrating our wedding ceremony from our first meeting with him. He allowed us to fully participate in the planning of our ceremony, yet guided us knowing what information he needed to collect to create the perfect ceremony. I would recommend Richard to everyone looking for a good man to marry them.

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Brian

Brian Schatz · Married on 05/04/2019

Richard is amazing!

Richard is incredible and made our wedding ceremony wonderful. He is personable, calming, and took the time to sincerely listen and get to know us and understand our desires for our wedding ceremony. We were truly touched at the effort he put in to our ceremony script and would make any edits we desired. He's so well-versed having done many weddings that he knows exactly what to do to ensure all bases are covered from the rehearsal to acoustics to logistics. I would happily recommend Richard to any couple for their special day.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Robert

Robert Youkhana · Married on 04/26/2019

Absolutely amazing!

My wife and I needed to find a last minute officiant for our wedding, and luckily stumbled onto Richard. My wife contacted him 18 days before our wedding, and luckily he had a Friday slot for our wedding. He reached out to me over the phone and after an hour long phone conversation, I never felt as comfortable for someone to officiate our wedding as I did with Richard.

Richard and I spoke at length about who Kristy and I were, as well as some tips for starting our marriage. He sent us questionnaires to find out who we were. With our answers, he created a beautiful ceremony that he sent for us to review. Up to the wedding day, he kept constant communication, not only with us, but with our venue and vendors as well. As a huge planner, I never felt more at ease as I did with Richard.

The ceremony was beautiful, and Richard has our guests laughing and crying. We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant and would recommend Richard to anyone!

Thank you again for making our beautiful day memorable!

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Joyful Weddings & Events 8

Sabine B. Jones · Married on 04/09/2019

Joyful Weddings & Events

Joyful weddings were not empty promises, but were promises kept by Reverend Cardieux. From beginning to the end Rev. Cardieux was most helpful with the 'paper war' connected with a marriage license, was flexible when it came to the date and time of the ceremony and made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. Truly a sweet and joyful wedding. Thank you dearly Rev. Cardieux,
    sincerely, Sabine Jones as well in the name of the now happily married couple.

Sent on 04/09/2019

Joyful Weddings & Events's reply:

Sabine: Thank you for your kind words. Your Spanish translation was key to the non-English speaking brides heartfelt gratitude.

Heidi Smith · Married on 03/17/2019

Very Thoughtful

Richard did an excellent job for us. While we were just a small service for parents and kids he took the time and attention to make it feel as important and special as it would have been for a much larger event. We greatly appreciated the extra attention and thoughtfulness Richard put into the ceremony it was perfect for us.

Sent on 04/02/2019

Doug Swane · Married on 03/09/2019

Richard took great care of our requests.

Richard attended to our needs as we live out of country. We had no challenges day of our event. At went very smoothly

Sent on 03/11/2019

Maria · Married on 03/09/2019

highly recommend

The best decision other than marrying my wonderful husband was to choose Richard as our officiant and out coordinator the the event . He made the entire process stress free and the day flowed smoothly without any hiccups. He is a wonderful man and I would recommend him highly. Also being from Canada he was able to give me the correct advice about making sure our documents were in order for the wedding to be recognized in Canada as well.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Joyful Weddings & Events's reply:

You and Doug were great communicators during the months that we worked together. That makes coordinating special days less stressful. All the best - Richard
  • Caraigh

Caraigh Cannon · Married on 11/10/2018

He Put Our Nerves At Ease

Richard was our officiant for our wedding on November 10th, 2018 in beautiful Palm Springs, California.

I can’t say how enjoyable and how much he put my nerves at ease throughout the whole process. He was recommended through a family friend Allison who works in the industry and had nothing but incredible things to say about his services.

We met up with him a few months before the wedding, discussed our vision and he just got it! His communication was incredible throughout the whole process and was readily available for any questions I had regarding the sequence of events and paperwork. The day before he met us at the venue for a run through of what to expect and it made me happy to know we were in the best of hands on one of the most stressful days of my life. The day of was a bit of a cluster getting to the venue and when we arrived, I saw his face and immediately felt at ease. He’s been doing this for a long time and you can tell through his willingness to listen, yet interject if he thinks something may flow a little easier another way. I appreciated his perspective and experience and he helped us have the time of our lives up there!

Thank you Richard from the bottom of our hearts. You made our day something magical and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Julia Gall · Married on 10/26/2018

Wonderful experience

Richard officiated our wedding just this past weekend at The O'Donnell House in Palm Springs and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went. The part we enjoyed the most was writing the ceremony together with Richard to ensure it was personal and felt really special. Richard also reviewed our vows and was generally very helpful throughout the entire process. Incredibly thankful for every moment!

Sent on 10/29/2018

George · Married on 01/08/2018

Richard was very accommodating and flexible. We live out of state, and Richard's guidance through the process ensured our wedding was exactly as we hoped for. He provided an intimate and personal marriage ceremony that was exactly to our taste.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Tania · Married on 11/12/2017

Wonderful experience

Richard was wonderful, he helped us organize an elopement within a weeks notice at my dream venue. Was very fast to respond, and was able to get a great photographer in that short amount of time as well. He takes care of everything and puts your mind at ease.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Anthony · Married on 11/11/2017

Having Richard Cadieux as our officiant was a blessing! He was so knowledgable and extremely helpful in guiding us to the day leading up to our wedding ceremony on Nov. 11, 2017. His passion, love and sense of humor set the perfect tone. It was a true pleasure working with him and we highly recommend him. Thank You again Richard! Anthony and Amanda.

Sent on 11/18/2017

david · Married on 09/30/2017

He was great and we'd use him again!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Denise · Married on 08/14/2017

Very helpful! Everything from referring other vendors to pinning on the groom's boutineer! On top of a quality, personalized service! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/27/2017

If you're looking for an officiant, look no further, Richard is the one! Richard was an absolute pleasure to work with! From our first phone call, we knew he was the perfect officiant for our wedding. He was easy-going, got to know us, and was always organized and on top of things. After our ceremony, several guests asked us how we knew Richard, because he knew us and fit us well! Our ceremony was a combination of humorous (jokes at my expense - that I approved), sincere, and so special. Richard even included special father/daughter vows, and it made our day that much more special. THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2017

Richard really is a fantastic officiant and we are so happy and delighted that he married us. He is exceptionally funny, kind, patient, genuine and amazing at his job. All of our guests commented on how great he was and how much they enjoyed our ceremony. We can't thank you enough Richard!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Kimberly · Married on 03/24/2017

Richard did a wonderful job at our wedding at La Quinta Resort, La Quinta CA. He really understood what we wanted out of our ceremony and it turned out amazing !

Sent on 03/29/2017

Paul · Married on 11/25/2016

Richard was extremely accommodating, flexible, easy to get a hold of and all around awesome. He definitely played a key role in making our day awesome. Would recommend him to others in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Kelley · Married on 11/05/2016

If you're seeking a warm, meaningful, loving tone for your wedding ceremony, then Joyful Weddings is perfect for you. Richard's professionalism, kindness, experience, sense of humor, and ability to work with us to create the right words for our ceremony made our event very, very special. We highly recommend Richard and Joyful Weddings.

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • Y

Yaneth · Married on 10/27/2016

So thankful to have come across Joyful Wedding and Events website. Thanks to their services I had the wedding I wanted, small, beautiful, and very intimate. The fees are reasonable and the staff is flexible and caring. I would recommend Joyful Wedding and Events to anyone wanting to elope in Palm Springs. Beautiful experience.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Christopher · Married on 10/08/2016

You know your officiant/wedding planner is amazing when guests pull you aside to tell you how your officiant is so obviously invested in your happiness. Richard cares! Everyone who met with him during this planning process mentioned how we were in good hands. Not just previous customers/vendors but our families as well. Palm Springs is one of the most expensive places to get married and thankfully Richard used his connections to find the most amazing and affordable venue - Mission Palm Springs. He even helped us get on local news to complain when Vacation Palm Springs canceled our wedding home without notice in favor of re-listing at a higher price. Richard is very calm and centered. If you are slightly uptight (as I will admit I am) sit back and relax, because he has everything taken care of. At the height of planning chaos he helped calm me and force us to enjoy the planning process. Richard has different price points so be very clear with him what you'd like. Don't expect place cards, seating arrangements, etc. at the lower price point. Be clear and open with him about budgets and responsibilities and remember that you are ALWAYS saving money with Richard. He is an amazing planner with a fantastic reputation. However it was his thoughtful, poignant, and effortlessly written ceremony that captured our hearts. From the first meeting he assured us he cared and when we parted ways at the ceremony we were left with warm hearts and lifelong memories thanks to this amazing man!

Sent on 10/18/2016