Joyful Unions Reviews

162 | Phoenix, AZ

162 Reviews for Joyful Unions

Katie · Married on 11/04/2016

Liz was AMAZING. Honestly, she far exceeded our expectations or what we could've dreamed for our ceremony. My husband and I contacted Liz to officiate our civil ceremony in the suburbs of Phoenix. We had a symbolic wedding in July, 2016, but my grandfather wasn't able to attend. We decided to have a very small (6 people!) civil ceremony at my grandfather's in November, 2016, to ensure he was a part of our marriage.
    We live in Atlanta so we were trying to find an officiant in Phoenix long distance.
    As soon as I read about Liz all searching stopped! My husband and I both agreed she fit the bill perfectly. We had a few stipulations for our vows - we're not religious, we didn't want anything too spiritual or emotional, but wanted to make sure they conveyed our lifelong commitment to one another and included the importance of my grandfather being present.
    When we had our symbolic ceremony we wrote all our vows. It was painful. Liz did all the heavy lifting for us with our civil ceremony! It was truly a more relaxing & enjoyable event for us because we weren't panicking about if the vows were right or appropriate and trying to remember them.
    Liz arrived early, made sure my husband & I were both happy with the ceremony prior to it happening. The ceremony was perfect. My grandfather was so impressed with Liz's engaging presentation & the intimacy of the ceremony. It felt like Liz had known us for years.
    After the ceremony, Liz had everything ready for us to sign our marriage license & she took care of having it sent to the county office for processing.
    What was the icing on the cake - after we were "officially married" and back in Atlanta we received a package in the mail from Liz. She had mailed us a beautiful copy of our wedding ceremony!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Katie, seeing your experience from your point of view affirms my work. Thank you for your generous feedback and may you and Clemens continue to have the most fulfilling marriage!

Sandy · Married on 10/29/2016

Liz was our officiant on Oct 29, 2016 and we are happy we chose Liz. She was responsive by email, text and phone calls each time we had questions to clarify the method and sequence of saying of our vows. She created a beautiful ceremony for me and my husband that included our story. Liz also filed our signed certificate right away so that I could get my paperwork going for name change.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your detailed review, Sandy. I always aim to be organized so that you two can focus on the important things -- like each other! It was a pleasure to be part of your beautiful ceremony. All my best to you both for a most meaningful and fulfilling marriage.

The · Married on 10/08/2016

Liz was a true professional and very easy to work with. She made herself available to us whenever we had any questions or concerns about the ceremony. If you're looking for someone that will help put your mind at ease when it comes to an officiate Liz OBrien should be at the top of your list.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, kindly. May you have a beautiful marriage and lots more adventures!

Rob · Married on 09/27/2016

She is the BEST, I felt like I have known her for years. To bad I'm only getting married once.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for your succinct review, Rob! Love it. The connection with both of you just felt so right and easy. I'm glad you felt the same. Happy Marriage!

Kim · Married on 09/23/2016

We were honored to have Liz, officiate our wedding. Everyone loved how she told our story, her own message, incorporating the guests/"the community" in the acknowledgement to support our relationship and including our idea to include our family for a hand-binding portion of the ceremony.
    She has a wonderful spirit and I appreciated the calm, focus and peace she brought to the day for our union.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Kim. I enjoyed meeting your families and thought the binding of your hands with the multi-colored ribbon was a perfect reflection of your wedding day. Great idea! All my best to you and Parker.

Ciara · Married on 07/02/2016

Liz was a joy to work with in what can be a stressful time. She is a great listener and is super flexible about changes and preferences, and most importantly, she puts great effort into reminding her couples to keep grounded and present. Liz composed a beautiful and moving presentation of our story on our big day, and even provides a transcript as a keepsake.

In Arizona it can be a bit of a challenge to spot secular wedding officiants, so my husband and I were extremely fortunate to have found her. Liz made our special day unforgettable and we highly recommend her to fellow secular couples, who might want something different for their ceremonies.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Ciara, I'm so pleased to hear that you and Sean were indeed present and grounded on your big day. We should all truly experience our own wedding ceremony! Thank you for your kind words and the detailed reflections, they mean a lot to me. Wishing you both a beautiful marriage.

Colleen · Married on 07/01/2016

We wanted a wedding that was meaningful without being especially religious, and Liz absolutely blew us (and our wedding guests) away. She took time to get to know us as we were planning everything, sitting down with us via FaceTime for over an hour to learn our story and why our marriage matters to us. From that, she wove together a beautiful ceremony that was articulate, heartfelt, and--most importantly--a reflection of us. We're still receiving compliments from friends and family about what a great job she did! Thank you so, SO much!!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Colleen/ Your story was so good... how could we not share it? Glad your guests got to get in on the fun, too! Many, many, many "happies" to you and Daniel.

Aaron · Married on 06/25/2016

The entire process with Liz was easy and stress free. She tailored our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted and we couldn't have been happier. We had so many people tell us how special and meaningful our ceremony was. Highly recommend!! Thank you for making our day perfect.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

So many thanks for your feedback, Aaron. It always makes my day to know that you and your guests enjoyed and felt connected during the ceremony. Wishing you the happiest and healthiest of marriages!

Courtney · Married on 05/21/2016

I immediately sensed Liz's positive energy and sensitive spirit the first time we spoke over the phone. She is passionate about her profession, and that is what made me decide to select Liz as our officiant. My husband and I met Liz in person only once, and through her interview questions and genuine interest, she delivered a beautiful and heartfelt ceremony for our wedding that we will remember forever.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I appreciate you putting your thoughts down, Courtney, and it was my pleasure to be part of your mellow and heartfelt wedding. The vows you both spoke were... wow! Hope life is good in love and in your new home. All my best.

Genevieve · Married on 04/25/2016

My Husband and I are so thankful that we found Liz. She was a joy to work with. She loves what she does, she loves couples in love and it shows. She was responsive and listened to everything we had to say. She wrote and performed ceremony for us that was intimate and personal. We felt like she had know us for our entire lives with the words she said. But really, she just listened and created a ceremony tailored to us and our story. She has a warmth and ease about her that is calming and she brings so much love to the moment. I can't say enough positive things about Liz. She truly has a gift and we are so thankful that she shared that gift with us on our wedding day.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for beautifully articulating your experience, Genevieve. It is a privilege to learn love stories (like yours) and to create something special for a unique moment in time. I indeed enjoy what I do! You and Mike are meant for each other, and what a gift you gave yourselves to be married in such a gorgeous place. Always, Liz.

Michael · Married on 04/08/2016

We had a late cancelation and found ourselves in need of an Officient 9 days before our wedding. We found Liz and contacted her. She responded immediately and was available on our date. We briefly explained what we were looking for and Liz said she would come up with something just right for us. The words she chose and the presentation at the ceremony was beyond anything we were hoping for. Liz nailed it ! Liz has a gift for reading people, understanding what they need, and delivering in a relaxing, professional manner. I am so glad we found Liz as she truly made our special day that much more special.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm glad you found me, too, Michael! It was my pleasure meeting you, your families, and many of your guests. It was a beautiful Arizona day to be married, and the garden venue was so pretty. Sending you both many happy wishes for years of togetherness.

Lorrayne · Married on 04/02/2016

Liz was amazing! She was available on pretty short notice and committed completely to providing us with a unique and beautiful ceremony. She took the time to hear our story and created a personal experience for us that was very touching and heartfelt. Friends and family were convinced she had known us for years!
    I would highly recommend Liz, she is a lovely woman with a great down to earth vibe as well as a consummate professional.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so glad you found me, Lorrayne. The loving energy between the two of you at your wedding altar was palpable -- it was my pleasure to be part of it. I also enjoyed meeting your family and friends. Wishing you the happiest of marriages!

Kyle · Married on 03/19/2016

Liz O'Brien was amazing! She was so helpful in every aspect of the wedding process. My Wife and I could not be happier with the services that we received. Our first meeting was enjoyable, she got to know us and walked us through what to expect. Liz is very down to earth and easy to talk to. We opened up to her right away. We knew after the first meeting that Liz was the officiant for us because of her energy and genuine nature. She was available and attentive leading up to the wedding. On the wedding day, she was flawless. After the wedding, all of our guests were raving about how much they enjoyed the wedding and specifically the Officiant. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 04/07/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Kyle, what gracious words. Thank you, and I'm so pleased to hear that we were a good fit. I fully enjoyed learning and sharing your love story with all your guests, and the late afternoon light at the base of Camelback Mountain as you spoke your vows -- wow -- that only heightened the magic of the ceremony. I'm so glad we were able to find each other! Sending my very best to you and your beautiful bride for the most sublime of marriages.

Julie · Married on 03/12/2016

If you are looking for an incredible officiant, look no further! The only regret I have of our wedding is that we did not have our ceremony recorded. Liz truly made our day special! Most people come for a great party, but our ceremony was the best part of the entire day. She took time to get to know us, listened to our feedback, and delivered an incredible version of our love story in front of our favorite people.

In fact, since our wedding we have had multiple people ask us for Liz's information to share with others. We had brunch the day after our wedding with our family/friends. The first thing we heard was, "Who was your officiant? She nailed it! That was the most incredible wedding ceremony that I've ever been to." Another responded, "I KNOW! We thanked her after the wedding. If only we had know about her when we got married..." The comments started to echo around the room. She is really that good!

Every bride gets caught up in the flowers, the dress, the cake...but don't forget about the vows. You don't want anyone other than Liz by your side when you exchange those special words. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day perfect! We absolutely couldn't of wished for more.

-Julie & Patrick Polley

Sent on 05/09/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

These stories made my day! Thanks for taking the time to share them, Julie, and I'd be happy to officiate the ceremonies of your friends and family anytime! Big hugs to you and Patrick. You're such a beautiful couple.

Kim · Married on 03/06/2016

Liz was amazing. She met with us for over an hour to get our story and customize our ceremony. Highly recommended! Easy to reach and great about keeping in contact with us!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

The international flair of your wedding was something to remember, Kim. Many long years of marriage to you and Denis!

Tyler · Married on 02/29/2016

Liz of Joyful Unions contributed in such a perfect way to our wedding ceremony. She created a custom ceremony for my husband and I, thoughtfully incorporating our sentiments towards one another that we had shared with her. She officiated with grace, ease, authenticity, and presence and truly made the event about us. Our guests are still commenting on how engaging and beautiful the ceremony was. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was a pleasure to be part of your warm, authentic, and friend-and-family oriented ceremony, Tyler. The garden and late afternoon light perfectly complemented the relaxed tone of your relationship. And Humphrey was the finest Best Dog I've ever met!

Jennifer · Married on 02/28/2016

There are just so many positive things to say about our experience working with Liz that I really do not know where to begin! My husband and I waited many years to make the very important decision to get married and quite frankly, the thought of putting a wedding together was so overwhelming to me, even one as small and simple as ours, that I put it off for years. I was very overwhelmed by the idea of finding an officiant, and since we are are not religious or traditional in any way, I was worried that finding someone who would truly respect and understand this would be nearly impossible. However, when I saw Liz's posting on WeddingWire I had a very strong feeling that she would be just right for us. Once we met, that assumption was confirmed. Not only does Liz possess essential people skills such as being warm, genuine, open-minded, and an incredibly attentive listener, she also has the skills I look for when conducting a business transaction: she is ethical, professional, flexible, responsive, realistic and articulate. She followed through on everything she said she would, from the way the ceremony would be conducted, to mailing us a beautiful keepsake from our wedding (the full script of everything she said during the ceremony). She provided helpful tips on the ceremony, such as vows and activities, and how we as a couple should view the ceremony; all of these pieces were critical to making our big day as special as it should be. I told Liz after the ceremony that our wedding was absolutely perfect, and I meant it. There is not one thing I would change, and really, Liz had sooo much to do with it. I highly recommend Liz for your special day. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Sweet Jen, I so very much appreciate the time and creativity you put into this review. Thank you, thank you. The detailed feedback reaffirms that officiating weddings is a very good fit for me. Sending you and B my deepest affection and wishes for a most fulfilling marriage.

Sarah · Married on 11/28/2015

Liz was a great officiant and was really willing to work with our vision. She worked with us to create a ceremony that incorporated some unique and meaningful moments. We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I appreciate your kind feedback, Sarah. Here's to you and Thomas for a long and meaningful marriage.

Liz was excellent and very professional. She met with my husband and I twice as well as kept up with all the emails I sent! She was very easy to talk to and we felt very comfortable with her! She told our love story beautifully and it felt like she really knew who we were. She showed up close to an hour before the ceremony and checked with me and made sure I was relaxed and ready to go! Liz was amazing and we are so happy she married us!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your love story created a foundation for a lovely and memorable ceremony. Thank you for the kind words -- and I know you two will have the happiest of marriages.

Brittany · Married on 11/06/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz O'Brien, she was incredible as our wedding officiant! Our families LOVED the ceremony and they all thought we had known Liz for some time because of the way she designed the ceremony such that it fit our relationship and personalities perfectly! It was quite amazing!! She responded to emails immediately and made planning the ceremony 100% easier! When it came to the wedding day she showed up early to make sure everything was ready to go and performed a beautiful ceremony. I would recommend Liz to everyone!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Brittany! I was quite amused with the details of how you and Wes met(!), yet it's so evident that the relationship the two of you have created is serious and meaningful. I just know you will have the best and happiest of marriages.

Kassandra · Married on 10/31/2015

Liz was Awesome from day one! She made everything so smooth and stress free. She's so easy to talk to ! You will love her like we did. Our friends and family also loved the whole ceremony!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Kassandra! It was my pleasure to spend Halloween afternoon with you and your welcoming extended family. My best to you, your husband and your sweet daughter.

Liz officiated our wedding in October 2015 and we could not say enough great things about her! From the very beginning, we clicked with Liz. She was extremely responsive, which was something we appreciated. She was helpful in the planning process, being open to ideas, and at the same time offering us many options for our ceremony. She did a great job making our ceremony extremely personal, like she had known us for years! We even had many guests comment that it was THE BEST ceremony they had ever been to! Thanks to Liz, the ceremony was the best part of the entire day!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

I love hearing that you and your guests found the ceremony meaningful. Here's wishing you and your husband vitality, light and love!

Jordin · Married on 10/10/2015

Liz was our officiant for out wedding and was AMAZING! She met with us one time and really got a great understanding of what we, as a couple were all about plus what we, as a family meant. She really listened and understood who we are and what we wanted our wedding ceremony to really represent. We were in constant contact with her throughout the waiting time for the wedding to come up. Liz prices her weddings extremely realistic and definitely provides top dollar services. She showed up early to the wedding to come and check in with me to make sure everything was going smoothly and make sure I had everything I needed. During the ceremony she spoke of us like she had known us for years and really showed true emotion during the whole ceremony. I would use her over and over again to officiate my wedding, she truly was the best at telling our story.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so appreciate your generous review, Jordin. It was my pleasure to learn the deep love story you share with John and to meet your beautiful daughter. Wishing your whole family all my best!

Jaime · Married on 10/09/2015

Liz officiated my wedding this past October and was very helpful with any questions we had and gave us many ideas on what readings also styles of readings we could use

Sent on 11/17/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks Jaime. It was my pleasure guiding you and your beautiful bride at the altar! My best to you both.

Patrick · Married on 10/04/2015

Liz was recommended by good friends of ours, and she was everything they promised. My wife and I had some daunting requests and an unorthodox wedding, but Liz was too kind to oblige with all of it. Liz took the time to know our story, and now has become part of it. She spoke from the heart and the mind. She made sure to ask that I was calm and present before my wife walked down the aisle, only to hold back tears of her own at the site of my bride. I expect the next time we run into Liz will also have rain, coffee and smiles. If the next couple to hire Liz have her words to them read from a little humming bird book, you'll know why.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Joyful Unions's reply:

I am so very grateful for the obvious time and thought you put into this review, Patrick. Thank you. I am also so pleased that we connected during this special life occasion, and know that you are also part of my story. After all, the sight of your bride walking down her desert aisle was one of those perfect, heart warming moments that makes me love what I do even more. Truly! I know you will have the finest of marriages.