Joyful Unions Reviews

162 | Phoenix, AZ

162 Reviews for Joyful Unions

Natasha · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz! From her professionalism, to her flexibility, to her ability to take our ceremony vision and bring it to the next level; she was an instrumental part of our big day. Liz took the time to meet with us as a couple, listen to our relationship story, and craft such a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. Our intimate, non-religious script and vows were incredibly special and exactly what we had hoped for. Guests kept on raving about how they had never witnessed such a unique and customized ceremony as ours, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you're looking for an outside the box, non-traditional, non-snoozefest ceremony, look no further than Liz of Joyful Unions.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so loved being part of your intimate desert mountain wedding, Natasha. I respected how you and Dillon followed your own ways of doing things. What a treat to be part of it all. Enjoy your marriage!

Ceara · Married on 04/06/2018

Wow, Liz is AMAZING! The perfect officiant for our big day. She spent time with us beforehand to get to know us and to include our story into the ceremony, and she made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the planning process, offering communication and support along the way. We were both blown away at how incredible the ceremony was, very personalized and exactly perfect for us - we received quite a few compliments from our guests as well! Would definitely, definitely recommend to a friend!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review, Ceara. I'm so pleased to hear that you, Pat and your guests found the ceremony such a positive experience! Make the most of your marriage... I know you will.

Jordan · Married on 03/10/2018

Liz with Joyful Unions is wonderful! Our photographers recommended her to us, and we are so grateful they did! From the start, Liz was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Liz for coffee to get to know each other, and we both knew right away that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. An officiant really sets the tone for your ceremony, and Liz made our vision a reality! She is very well-spoken and made sure to get to know us and our story so that our ceremony was personal. She also included some beautiful insight on marriage and helped us choose a reading we liked. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience during our ceremony! She has a calming way about her, and was accommodating and flexible throughout the whole wedding planning process. If you're looking for a fabulous wedding officiant, look no further! Thank you, Liz!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're so very welcome, Jordan. I know there's so much that goes into wedding planning, so I'm always happy to make ceremony-related items as easy I can for you. I'm also glad to hear that the ceremony helped your guests feel even more connected to you. Wishing you and Danee the best. And I'll always remember your confetti recessional!
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 02/24/2018

We asked Liz to officiate our ceremony after attending a wedding she officiated.

Liz took the time to meet with us and curate our ceremony based on our style and our story. It was truly us in every way. She is easy to work with and is ready with suggestions and helpful tips on special readings and vows.

She is one of the most eloquent speakers I have heard. During our reception, so many of our friends and family told us that it was one of, if not the most, beautiful ceremony they’ve attended. I even had one friend mention that our ceremony changed his perception on marriage!

Liz is the best you can get. She is passionate about what she does, and she truly and honestly invests her heart and soul into making your special day as magical as possible. Book her as your officiant!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your detailed feedback means so much, Leslie. I appreciate you sharing your experience. And I love it that one of your friends actually looked at marriage a bit differently after witnessing your ceremony! We never know the reach of a wedding, do we? = ) May your love with Tyler continue to evolve in wonderful ways.

Susan · Married on 12/09/2017

Liz was so wonderful. She met with us multiple times in order to really get to know us a couple. She is a great writer and speaker and made our wedding extra special. She performs a non religious ceremony but definitely is spiritual. It was perfect for us a couple. We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

What a joy to work with such a beautiful couple as yourselves. The love between you two is electric and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Thanks again Susan!

Haley · Married on 11/25/2017

We had Liz as our officiant in November for our backyard wedding and she was absolutely phenomenal. We met with her a few times prior to the actual ceremony and on the ceremony day she did nothing but exceed our expectations. During our meetings with her, she interviewed us about our relationship and made us feel so comfortable during this whole process. We had family coming up to us after the ceremony telling us how beautiful and unique it all was! We did not want any religious affiliation with our wedding and Liz filled the ceremony with a script she wrote about us, a love quote that we chose and a wishing stone announcement (which was her idea and our family loved it!). Thank you so much Liz!!!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2017

Liz was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. Our ceremony was perfect and Liz tailored the ceremony to us and our love story. She even gave us a copy of the ceremony as a keepsake! We received so many compliments on our ceremony from our guests that attended. We highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Lauren. I so enjoyed meeting you both and being part of your picture perfect day. And thanks again for providing me the opportunity to toast to your love and marriage over oysters and cocktails! Always, Liz

Susan · Married on 11/10/2017

Liz is the most amazing officiant you will find! Stop looking and meet with her ASAP! She created a beautiful and very personal story for us that we and our guests will never forget. Our guests all raved about how beautiful our wedding was and how impressed they were with Liz. She made us laugh, cry, and most of all, made sure we were present in the moment. We HIGHLY recommend her!!!! She creates an atmosphere that is very person to YOU.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Sweet Susan -- thank you for your kind words. Being present on your wedding day is the ultimate gift you can give yourselves and I'm glad to know I helped get you there. May you and Jen have the most joyful and inspiring of marriages! xo

Ll · Married on 11/04/2017

Liz was awesome. She was a total pleasure to work with. She did an amazing job at our ceremony and really tailored it to us. I had several dozen guests ask me about Liz and compliment her. I had one friend who was so touched by the ceremony she could not stop crying. We are so grateful she were able to be there with us!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Tears of happiness, I hope! = ) Anyhow, thank you kindly for the review, LL. I am so happy that Team LL& Bob found me and invited me to be part of your dancing wedding! It was a memorable day for sure.

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Liz is amazing! We could not have found a better officiant if we tried. Her prices are reasonable and she will put everything she has into making your ceremony perfect. I recommend doing the "love story. She will take the time to get to know you and your significant other and will tell your love story during your ceremony, which will make it tailored just for you and unique. You can tell she loves what she does and it shows! We got so many compliments on how wonderful our officiant was. I would highly recommend hiring Liz!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed hearing your Love Story, Stephanie. I so enjoyed my time with you and Josh. You are so well suited for each other and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. All my best!

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2017

Liz was absolutely amazing! Everyone was raving about her, She made our ceremony so personal and told our love story perfectly. Liz paid attention to capture our personalities and what makes us, us. She was very professional while also being sincere and personal. She made our ceremony so special, We absolutely loved her and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your gorgeous sunset wedding up on the hill. It was a pleasure meeting you both and being part of your big day. You're a beautiful, vivacious couple and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. xo

Kevin · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz was fantastic!! She makes the occasion very personal and very special and is receptive to the ideas that you have for your big day. The suggested readings/poems that she recommends are both appropriate and beautiful and we couldn't be happier with our choice to have her officiate our big day! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was my pleasure helping you two make it legal! Make the most of your marriage, as I know you will. xoxo

Grace · Married on 05/04/2017

Just do it! Liz was incredible! We had so many people come up to us after the ceremony and say how beautiful and how wonderful it was. One of our guests was an officiant herself and said to me "Thank goodness you didn't go with me, I could not have done that good". It was exactly what we wanted, personal, fun, and completely us. Thank you!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so pleased to hear that the ceremony captured your love with Steven! Thanks for your feedback, Grace.

Tim · Married on 04/23/2017

Liz made our special day amazing. We can't imagine picking anyone else to officiate our service. Love you Liz!

Tim and Kevin

Sent on 05/05/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Aw! Feelings reciprocated for sure. What a treat to be part of your special and intimate family day. I'm so glad our paths crossed. Make the most of your marriage!

Treasure · Married on 04/08/2017

Liz did our wedding and she was incredible. She made our ceremony so loving and personable. She is so quick to respond to any questions and showed up the wedding early! I highly recommend her! We had guests come up to us and say how much they loved our ceremony!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I appreciate your detailed feedback, Treasure. It was my pleasure working with such an enthusiastic, positive and organized bride as yourself! Wishing you and Austin the happiest of marriages.

Jennifer · Married on 04/01/2017

Liz was great and was willing to marry us on short notice! The love story she told entertained our guests and put a personal spin on the ceremony. She also walked us through the whole process of getting a marriage license, picking our vows, and arranged a rose ceremony. We highly recommend Liz to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant! ~Jace and Jennifer :)

Sent on 04/21/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Jennifer and Jace -- I am so glad I had the date open! it was my pleasure meeting you, and learning and sharing your love story. You've found quite the catch in each other. May your marriage be long and happy!

Terri · Married on 03/18/2017

I cannot say enough about this wonderful lady! she is so genuine, caring, very sweet & you will be so happy to have her as your officiant. her words are very inspiring, beautifully said & her voice is of an angel ! very clear & upbeat. she will make you just ever so sweetly laugh, and yet her heartfelt words you know are coming from the depth of her soul! she has made my daughter & son in law's wedding a day to remember! everyone "loved" her & asked "who she was!" she will truly be everything you could ask for or want, I promise!! I could not be happier that I found Liz & you will be too if you choose her. she"s one in a million & this is definitely her calling in life.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your spirited and heartfelt review, Terri! I, too, am so pleased we connected. Joining your community of wedding guests was a treat for me, and I'm so pleased to hear that you all heard the words and were invited to participate in Jamie and Eric's big day. Love to you all!

Adriana · Married on 02/18/2017

We are so grateful Liz was part of our wedding. We felt very much at ease with her and easily opened up to her about our relationship. I think we were a bit worried that hiring an officiant would come across as impersonal, but she was able to tell our story beautifully in a way that felt very personal. We loved it, as did our guests -- we had many guests tell us how meaningful and beautiful the ceremony was. We also had many guests tell us they thought Liz was a family friend given the way she spoke about us. Also, Liz was very flexible and handled us adding things at the last minute (because we're procrastinators) without making us feel bad about it. My husband and I would enthusiastically recommend Liz to anyone!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I am so pleased to hear that you and your guests were happy with the service, Adriana. Thank you for the detailed feedback, and I'm always happy to give couples the ceremony they want, no matter when the ideas flow. Wishing you and Matt the most fulfilling marriage!

Bridget · Married on 02/17/2017

Highly recommend Joyful Unions!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Jenna · Married on 02/11/2017

Liz was very nice and informative. She was professional and checked in with me prior to our wedding which was nice because I had alot going on.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks Jenna. I know there's a whole lot on the checklist when putting on a wedding. I'm glad to hear that the ceremony part of it went well for you and Ron. Happy Marriage!
  • Nikki

Nicole · Married on 02/10/2017

Liz did an amazing job with our ceremony I can't even put it in words. She took the time to get to know us and put our story into a wonderful worded ceremony. When talking to our guest one of the first things they would say was how wonderful the ceremony was. She was a joy to work with and would recommend her in a heart beat.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Nikki. I'm so glad you found the right man wearing those boots that night. He's a keeper. May your marriage be one of the greatest things you're capable of building!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/04/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz. She took the time to get to know my husband and I so very well, and gave us such a perfectly tailored and beautiful ceremony we will treasure for the rest of our lives. She wove in the readings we chose to her ceremony address, and so perfectly captured what we meant to each other and what our marriage meant to us (due in no short order to her diligence and quest to get to know us!). Liz is a bright, beautiful, and insightful presence--everyone kept asking if she was a family friend and commented that we had the best ceremony they had ever witnessed. She truly loves helping couples find the words and path to marriage, and does so with grace, wit, and joy. If you are in need of spiritual and deeply personal, but perhaps not religious, ceremony on your wedding day, I cannot recommend Liz more wholeheartedly. She truly is a gem, and my only hope is that we can stay in touch!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your vibrant and detailed review, Whitney. Guiding you and Matt at the altar was a true pleasure. From your heartfelt vows to the sweeping views to your caped wedding dress, your ceremony was one to remember. Long live ugly sweater parties, and long live your marriage!

Megan · Married on 11/12/2016

Finding an officiant was a little nerve-wracking for my husband and I, as it was very important to us that we had a non-religious ceremony that felt comfortable for us. The moment we met Liz, she put us completely at ease and we hired her on the spot. It was clear from the beginning that Liz loves what she does. She really got to know us as a couple and as individuals, and completely customized the ceremony for us. She was a very calming presence and gently reminded us why we were really going through all the hoopla of planning a wedding, that ultimately it was about us and celebrating our love. The ceremony was simple and beautiful, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. You could tell she was emotionally invested and truly cared, which made the ceremony really special. My husband and I are not generally very emotional people, but she really brought us into the moment. We got SO many compliments from our guests on our officiant, and we could tell that she really made the ceremony a special experience for everyone there.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I truly appreciate seeing the wedding through your eyes, Megan. Thank you kindly for your feedback and attention to detail. You and David are such a great match. I know you will enjoy a most meaningful marriage. All my best to you both.

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2016

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, the absolute most important piece of our wedding was our ceremony. We were very concerned about how we would be able to tell our own love story, but also honoring our families and incorporating traditions from our Catholic and Jewish backgrounds. We found and met Liz just one month before our wedding, and she helped us craft the most beautiful and personal ceremony that many of our guests thought she had known us for the 6 years we had been dating. She beautifully told our love story, seamlessly integrated a Bible verse we selected, and closed our ceremony with a wonderful summary of the Jewish tradition of breaking the glass. Our ceremony ended up being better than we could have imagined and we are so grateful that we found Liz. We would highly recommend her to couples who are looking for a personal and memorable ceremony.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so pleased to hear that your ceremony is just what you and Michael were wanting. You are a loving, smart and vivacious couple, and it was pleasure to learn your love story and share it with your many family and friends. I know you will make the most of your marriage! All my best.
  • nicolle

Nicolle · Married on 11/07/2016

Choosing Liz to officiate our wedding was the best decision we made for our big day. She was easy to work with, available throughout the entire planning process, and told our story beautifully! She even offered to make changes the day of to be sure everything was how we imagined it. Our friends and family truly enjoyed the ceremony, and we couldn't have been happier with it. My husband and I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm glad our ceremony was a memorable part of your wedding day, Nicolle. It was a true pleasure working with you and Garrett; you are clearly crazy about each other. And your wedding cake topper just may have been the best one I've seen all wedding season!