116 Reviews for Joyful Unions

Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Rehearsal (1)
Agnostic (1)
116 Joyful Unions Reviews

Liz O'Brien was perfect for us. We wanted a small intimate ceremony and Liz nailed it. Liz felt like family. Very encouraging.
happy and always smiling. We received emails with great ideas about planning, location, how to write your own vows.
Liz was always a phone or text away. Great communicator with passion for uniting couples. What a joy. A Very happy day.

Profile Picture kim, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Liz is so warm and heartfelt, she brought a feeling of genuine joy to our ceremony. The words were done just beautifully, I think she even had tears in her eyes! I only wish we could have had more time to spend just to savor the moment longer with her warm and uplifting presence.

Profile Picture victor, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From the moment we spoke to Liz on the phone, there was no need to keep searching. We found the perfect officiant.

In addition to having a beautiful, soothing voice that is simply lovely to listen to, Liz was caring, kind, and a wonderful listener. During every email interaction and every conversation, Liz struck a perfect balance of confidently guiding us via her years of experience while also shaping her services to match our vision for our wedding day.

She was incredibly organized, providing us with helpful check-in "to do" lists and reminders along the way. She was flexible, allowing us to personalize every aspect of the ceremony, even providing samples of verbiage for inspiration. She responded to communication instantly, repeatedly assured us of exactly when she would arrive at the venue day-of to eliminate any stress, and even offered tremendously kind words of encouragement two days before the wedding.

Day-of, Liz was everything we had imagined and more. She was the perfect mix of on-the-ball professionalism and genuine warmth.

Though it is hard to pick a favorite moment among the many when working with Liz, the moment that meant the most to me was during the ceremony, right after she had received the rings from the best man. Liz paused before handing the rings to me and my husband. She closed her eyes, held our rings together in her hand, pressed her hand to her heart, and stood there, just for a moment, seeming to imbue our rings with positivity and hope. It was an unexpected, personal, and truly beautiful moment for which we will always be incredibly grateful.

It goes without saying, but I would recommend Liz to anyone and everyone in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Liz did an amazing job with my wedding! When my wife and I met with her, her kindness and professionalism gave us great confidence in the success of our big day. A few qualities that made my wife and I appreciate her officiating was that she listened to our story and incorporated that into her script, her voice was very well projected and words annunciated (we had our event outside with no sound system) and she showed up early to mitigate any wedding day stress. Not only were we satisfied but our guests shared several comments on how well she conducted our ceremony. My wife and I are glad to have had Liz be apart of our wedding!

Profile Picture James, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz! From her professionalism, to her flexibility, to her ability to take our ceremony vision and bring it to the next level; she was an instrumental part of our big day. Liz took the time to meet with us as a couple, listen to our relationship story, and craft such a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. Our intimate, non-religious script and vows were incredibly special and exactly what we had hoped for. Guests kept on raving about how they had never witnessed such a unique and customized ceremony as ours, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you're looking for an outside the box, non-traditional, non-snoozefest ceremony, look no further than Liz of Joyful Unions.

Profile Picture Natasha, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wow, Liz is AMAZING! The perfect officiant for our big day. She spent time with us beforehand to get to know us and to include our story into the ceremony, and she made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the planning process, offering communication and support along the way. We were both blown away at how incredible the ceremony was, very personalized and exactly perfect for us - we received quite a few compliments from our guests as well! Would definitely, definitely recommend to a friend!

Profile Picture Ceara, 4/6/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Liz with Joyful Unions is wonderful! Our photographers recommended her to us, and we are so grateful they did! From the start, Liz was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Liz for coffee to get to know each other, and we both knew right away that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. An officiant really sets the tone for your ceremony, and Liz made our vision a reality! She is very well-spoken and made sure to get to know us and our story so that our ceremony was personal. She also included some beautiful insight on marriage and helped us choose a reading we liked. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience during our ceremony! She has a calming way about her, and was accommodating and flexible throughout the whole wedding planning process. If you're looking for a fabulous wedding officiant, look no further! Thank you, Liz!

Profile Picture Jordan, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Liz was so wonderful. She met with us multiple times in order to really get to know us a couple. She is a great writer and speaker and made our wedding extra special. She performs a non religious ceremony but definitely is spiritual. It was perfect for us a couple. We would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Susan, 12/9/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

We had Liz as our officiant in November for our backyard wedding and she was absolutely phenomenal. We met with her a few times prior to the actual ceremony and on the ceremony day she did nothing but exceed our expectations. During our meetings with her, she interviewed us about our relationship and made us feel so comfortable during this whole process. We had family coming up to us after the ceremony telling us how beautiful and unique it all was! We did not want any religious affiliation with our wedding and Liz filled the ceremony with a script she wrote about us, a love quote that we chose and a wishing stone announcement (which was her idea and our family loved it!). Thank you so much Liz!!!

Profile Picture Haley, 11/25/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Liz was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. Our ceremony was perfect and Liz tailored the ceremony to us and our love story. She even gave us a copy of the ceremony as a keepsake! We received so many compliments on our ceremony from our guests that attended. We highly recommend Liz!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Liz is the most amazing officiant you will find! Stop looking and meet with her ASAP! She created a beautiful and very personal story for us that we and our guests will never forget. Our guests all raved about how beautiful our wedding was and how impressed they were with Liz. She made us laugh, cry, and most of all, made sure we were present in the moment. We HIGHLY recommend her!!!! She creates an atmosphere that is very person to YOU.

Profile Picture Susan, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Liz was awesome. She was a total pleasure to work with. She did an amazing job at our ceremony and really tailored it to us. I had several dozen guests ask me about Liz and compliment her. I had one friend who was so touched by the ceremony she could not stop crying. We are so grateful she were able to be there with us!

Profile Picture LL, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

Liz is amazing! We could not have found a better officiant if we tried. Her prices are reasonable and she will put everything she has into making your ceremony perfect. I recommend doing the "love story. She will take the time to get to know you and your significant other and will tell your love story during your ceremony, which will make it tailored just for you and unique. You can tell she loves what she does and it shows! We got so many compliments on how wonderful our officiant was. I would highly recommend hiring Liz!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Liz was absolutely amazing! Everyone was raving about her, She made our ceremony so personal and told our love story perfectly. Liz paid attention to capture our personalities and what makes us, us. She was very professional while also being sincere and personal. She made our ceremony so special, We absolutely loved her and would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture ashley, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Liz was fantastic!! She makes the occasion very personal and very special and is receptive to the ideas that you have for your big day. The suggested readings/poems that she recommends are both appropriate and beautiful and we couldn't be happier with our choice to have her officiate our big day! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kevin, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Just do it! Liz was incredible! We had so many people come up to us after the ceremony and say how beautiful and how wonderful it was. One of our guests was an officiant herself and said to me "Thank goodness you didn't go with me, I could not have done that good". It was exactly what we wanted, personal, fun, and completely us. Thank you!

Profile Picture Grace, 5/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Liz made our special day amazing. We can't imagine picking anyone else to officiate our service. Love you Liz!

Tim and Kevin

Profile Picture Tim, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Liz did our wedding and she was incredible. She made our ceremony so loving and personable. She is so quick to respond to any questions and showed up the wedding early! I highly recommend her! We had guests come up to us and say how much they loved our ceremony!

Profile Picture Treasure, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Liz was great and was willing to marry us on short notice! The love story she told entertained our guests and put a personal spin on the ceremony. She also walked us through the whole process of getting a marriage license, picking our vows, and arranged a rose ceremony. We highly recommend Liz to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant! ~Jace and Jennifer :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough about this wonderful lady! she is so genuine, caring, very sweet & you will be so happy to have her as your officiant. her words are very inspiring, beautifully said & her voice is of an angel ! very clear & upbeat. she will make you just ever so sweetly laugh, and yet her heartfelt words you know are coming from the depth of her soul! she has made my daughter & son in law's wedding a day to remember! everyone "loved" her & asked "who she was!" she will truly be everything you could ask for or want, I promise!! I could not be happier that I found Liz & you will be too if you choose her. she"s one in a million & this is definitely her calling in life.

Profile Picture Terri, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so grateful Liz was part of our wedding. We felt very much at ease with her and easily opened up to her about our relationship. I think we were a bit worried that hiring an officiant would come across as impersonal, but she was able to tell our story beautifully in a way that felt very personal. We loved it, as did our guests -- we had many guests tell us how meaningful and beautiful the ceremony was. We also had many guests tell us they thought Liz was a family friend given the way she spoke about us. Also, Liz was very flexible and handled us adding things at the last minute (because we're procrastinators) without making us feel bad about it. My husband and I would enthusiastically recommend Liz to anyone!

Profile Picture Adriana, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Highly recommend Joyful Unions!

Profile Picture BRIDGET, 2/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Liz was very nice and informative. She was professional and checked in with me prior to our wedding which was nice because I had alot going on.

Profile Picture jenna, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Liz did an amazing job with our ceremony I can't even put it in words. She took the time to get to know us and put our story into a wonderful worded ceremony. When talking to our guest one of the first things they would say was how wonderful the ceremony was. She was a joy to work with and would recommend her in a heart beat.

Profile Picture nicole, 2/10/17, 2 Reviews