Joyful Unions Reviews

159 | Phoenix, AZ

159 Reviews for Joyful Unions

• Jennifer

Jennifer G. · Getting married on 09/03/2022

Great from first call to the ceremony!

Liz really gets to know you as a couple. With her emails and calls (we did Facetime) she learned about our relationship history, our story, what things are meaningful to us as a couple and individually.

She then takes all this knowledge and crafts a very personalized ceremony. So many family members came up to me after and said how she really brought up the joy and the true commitment a marriage takes.

During this time of Covid and having a small ceremony, I think choosing the right officiant really matters because the ceremony and the marriage is really highlighted at this time.

She is also great with any follow up and the ceremony script after as a keepsake is great!

Sent on 04/02/2021

Andrea W. · Getting married on 07/03/2022

Perfect for our Elopment - Intimate and Meaningful

We wanted out small elopement to be intimate, unique and impactful to us. Liz did a wonderful job of creating the atmosphere that we wanted with vows she intertwined together. We desired a meaningful ceremony, that was reflective on our special journey. And that is what we got!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so glad to have fulfilled your wishes for your beautiful and intimate elopement, Andrea. I respected how you and Al knew what you wanted and that you made it happen. It was an honor and pleasure to be part of your day. Love each other well!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca F. · Getting married on 06/09/2022

Highly Recommend Liz and Joyful Unions

Liz was an outstanding officiant. The ceremony was the highlight of our wedding day. From the moment we first spoke, through the entire process, Liz made us feel comfortable and special. She gave our wedding the perfect personalized touch. Our friends and family are still talking about the ceremony. Thank you Liz for making our wedding day so spectacular!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was easy to connect with you from the start, Rebecca. Thanks again for inviting me to be part of your sunflower-y wedding day. And that sunset sure cooperated. Enjoy life with that handsome husband of yours!

Sydney H. · Getting married on 03/07/2022

Liz was absolutely amazing!

My husband and I found Liz through Weddingwire and had the chance to watch her perform a ceremony through a wedding video we viewed. From the moment she began speaking, we knew that she was the one for us. Liz has such a positive, loving attitude and you can feel the passion she has for this industry. Liz met my husband and I for our first meeting at a coffee shop and just wanted to chat about our relationship, our wedding plans and what we had envisioned for our big day. We left that meeting feeling totally confident and excited that she would be working with us on our special day. We met a few months before the wedding and she never failed to stay in contact with us, she sent us emails with different questions about our relationship and allowed us to pick the format we wanted for our ceremony from examples that she had previously used. This process was so effortless and easy. Unfortunately, after two years of wedding planning, our wedding fell during COVID and we had to drastically change our plans. We moved up our wedding by two weeks and cut our guest list to 10 people. We called all of our vendors to see if they would be willing to attend. Liz did not even hesitate for a second and said she would do absolutely anything to make this day perfect for us. She had our ceremony planned out and ready with two days notice and she walked us through it every step of the way. When the big day came, she was a calm and loving presence and made my husband and I feel at home. Her words were beautiful, meaningful and personal, as she had loads of details about our relationship mixed into her message. My husband and I wanted to say our own vows and she guided us with ease. During our personal vows, you could even see Liz tear up, which just goes to show how passionate she is about her job. On top of all this, she is an elegant and witty speaker and my family absolutely raved about her for months after the wedding. She is amazing, personable, loving, passionate and so much fun to work with...look no further, you have found the officiant for you. Thank you Liz for making our day so special.

Love,
    Sydney and Nick

Sent on 07/27/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Life sure threw us some curve balls the Spring of 2020, didn't it? But what it couldn't interfere with was your love and desire to get married! So glad we were all able to be flexible and be there for you and Nick as you exchanged your beautiful vows. I so enjoyed being part of the day and I'm so happy to hear it was a positive experience as well for you and your families. With love back at ya! Liz
  • Mathew

Mathew C. · Getting married on 06/11/2021

People are still talking...

Liz was the officiant at our wedding on 11/30. Having only met via email and phone prior to our special day, Liz was able to capture our spirit and connection in such a way that our guests thought we had known her for many years. She did an excellent job and would recommend her to anyone for their special day.

Sent on 01/11/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence, Mat. Much appreciated. It was my pleasure being with you and Phillip and your families on your colorful wedding day. With love, Liz
  • Tori

Tori M. · Married on 04/01/2021

Perfect Ceremony

Liz was wonderful from start to finish. We knew the first time we met her that she was communicative, efficient, compassionate, professional, and very sweet, and we were beyond impressed. She wrote a beautiful and accurate love story, our ceremony was touching, and everyone in our group loved her. 5 Stars and more!! She hiked 3 miles round trip to marry us on a mountain peak, and it was great fun! Thank you Liz for making our special day more special.

Sent on 04/13/2021

Cecilia S. · Married on 03/13/2021

You won’t be disappointed!

My husband and I found Liz at an open house and the moment we met her we knew we had to have her be apart of our day! Fast forward to our ceremony, and we were blown away about how great she was! All of our guests complimented on how lively and upbeat our ceremony was. Liz customized our story and made it seem like she knew us for years! Incredible experience and couldn't be more happy!!!

Sent on 03/21/2021

Joyful Unions's reply:

So glad you and your guests enjoyed the ceremony. Thank you for walking up to me at that open house last year. It was my pleasure meeting you and getting you two married. All my best, Cecilia!

Anshul K. · Married on 11/29/2020

Wedding in the Time of COVID-19

Due to COVID-19, our four-day Hindu wedding had to be postponed, but we still wanted to keep our original wedding weekend and do a short, entirely virtual civil service. We didn't exactly know how to go about it, but from the first moment, Liz was encouraging, personable, and accommodating. She spent considerable time "interviewing", helping, and coaching us over the phone and email, including calming us down when we accidentally signed our marriage license in blue, rather than black ink, as the instructions dictated - it was ok in the end. Together we put a short ceremony that was focused entirely on us and what we wanted. As a biracial couple, cultural sensitivity in bringing together two very different cultures over Zoom was paramount, but we didn't even have to explain this to Liz - she anticipated it and asked detailed and specific questions about appropriateness and cultural preferences. We were blown away by her awareness and appreciation of our unique family situation. In the end, our ceremony (with Liz on a tablet over FaceTime, and guests from 5 different countries on a laptop, over Zoom) was above and beyond what we could have imagined. The emotion Liz poured into the narrative that she told impressed and touched all our friends and family from both cultures.

Getting Liz to officiate the ceremony was the best decision. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/12/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed words, Anshul. I'm so glad we were able to work around these unforeseen events of Spring 2020 and create something new for all of us. It was a genuine joy and pleasure to be part of your global celebration! All my best to you both. Love, Liz
  • Kristen

Kristen W. · Married on 11/06/2020

Our “mini”mony

Liz O’Brien provided an extraordinary amount of dedication for our special day. From the meet-and-greet to the big day, you knew she was truly amazing. I found her on The Knot just a couple months before our elopement, and booked her despite her prior engagement. She managed to officiate our day with a 10 minute gap between her next wedding! Nonetheless, she made our day unforgettable. The vows that she let us customize were incredible. She felt like family. She shared our joy and our tears. It was is if she was there the day my husband and I first met....waiting to share our story. I highly recommend Liz for anybody looking to make a small part of your wedding day that much more more memorable!

Sent on 02/20/2021

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so glad I was able to be part of your wedding day as you married that handsome man of yours in that pretty desert garden, Kristen. It was a pleasure to be with your intimate circle of family and friends, and I hope your streaming guests enjoyed the ceremony, too. My best to you and Cody! With love, Liz

Lauren D. · Married on 10/16/2020

Highly Recommend Joyful Unions, Exceeded Expectations!!

James and I were married by Liz in 10/16/20 in Paradise Valley, AZ. We had a smaller wedding and were looking for something casual but meaningful and personal. Liz delivered perfectly with what we were looking for! From the start, she was very curious of our backstory and with little guidance was able to make our ceremony very personal. Not to mention, Liz was very kind and accommodating throughout the whole process.

Additionally, Liz was fast and efficient with handling our Marriage Certificate, taking the stress off our backs! James and I would highly recommend using Liz and Joyful Unions.

Sent on 10/29/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for the words, Lauren. It was a pleasure being with you and your friends and family at the base of Camelback Mountain on that pretty day. You two were clearly ready for this step into marriage -- and I know you'll enjoy the marital journey! Al my best, Liz

Anne · Married on 10/11/2020

Delivering the essence of marriage and us!

Liz built and delivered an extraordinarily personalized service for us. She spent time getting to know us and hear our story, and put the details together beautifully. As she read the words, both of us truly grasped the depth of the commitment we were making to one another by marriage. Since the wedding, so many friends in attendance have commented to us on how beautiful the service was.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was my pleasure learning your story and being part of your beautiful wedding ceremony overlooking the city on that crisp winter afternoon, Anne. The personal touches (like the meteorite!) only made it more memorable. My best to you both. Love, Liz
  • Amy

Amy A. · Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent!

Liz from Joyful Unions helped me customize a beautiful wedding ceremony. I highly recommend her for your special day.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Amy. It was a pleasure to be with you and your families at the base of Camelback Mountain as we got you and your handsome man married. All my best to you both!

Celeste A. · Married on 09/26/2020

Perfect- Truly the Best Fit for Us

Liz was one of the brightest sparks on a wedding day that was otherwise nothing like we imagined. My husband and I were married in October 2020, during the height of the pandemic. Having booked her a year out, she was there throughout all the heartbreak of having to scale the wedding from 150+ people at a venue to our backyard with less than 20 intimate guests. Throughout ALL the stress she was positive, confident in our decisions when we might not have been, and was so, so kind.
    On the day of the wedding, all 20 people in attendance told us how magical her words were- and truly they were. In the moment, it can be hard to take it to heart, so we very much appreciated her printed notes mailed to us after the ceremony, so we have them forever to cherish. She spoke as if she knew both of us our entire lives and truly listened to our relationship to deliver a personalized vow. We had to change a lot of things for the wedding and are so thankful, Liz was there. Would recommend to my closest friends and to all of you reading this.

Sent on 01/16/2021

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was a genuine pleasure learning your Love Story with Chris and being part of your year's wedding journey, Celeste. And hey -- your sweet pup would not have been able to hitch a ride on the train of your dress had you been at that venue! Home sweet home. With love to you both, Liz
  • Scott

Scott J. · Married on 08/11/2020

Rave reviews from our guests

We were married by Liz in November 2019. Liz did an amazing job at our ceremony, making it a wonderful experience for us and our guests. The time she took prior to the wedding to get to know us and our story made the message she provided at the ceremony so personal and so special for us. She made sure the ceremony was what we wanted, guiding us in putting it together, but allowing us to add our personalities as well. Liz adjusted quickly and seamlessly to some last-minute changes we made to the ceremony as well. Liz worked hand in hand with our wedding planner to ensure everything was on track and we were all on the same page prior to, and the day of the wedding.
    Liz’s calm, kind demeanor and assurance she had everything under control made us both feel very at ease the day of the wedding. After the ceremony, we received so many compliments on how wonderful the ceremony was. We heard several times that guests thought we have known Liz for years based on her words during the ceremony, which speaks volumes about the care and preparation Liz put into making the ceremony about us.
    We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. Thank you, Liz, for sharing in our day and making it so very special for us and our guests.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Scott. I'm so pleased to know that you and your guests were happy with the ceremony -- and I won't soon forget the fun we all had with those last-minute changes! Sending my best to you and Leasa for a most meaningful marriage.

Nena A. · Married on 04/04/2020

Our COVID-19 Wedding

Right from our initial connection with Liz we felt her positive and contagious energy. She was AMAZING from our first conversation to the day of our ceremony. My now husband and I had planned a small and intimate wedding of about 20 or so guests. Little did we know how small and intimate it would actually be! We married during the COVID-19 pandemic. So with social distancing in place, it was just the two of us, two sons and Liz. Due to the circumstances, we wanted to confirm with her that she would be comfortable moving forward with our plans. She had no hesitations and made us feel very comfortable as well. She arrived early and used that time to get to know us. Her sincerity and inspiration had us captured through out the entire ceremony. We are BEYOND happy with her officiating. It was perfect and intimate just as we had wanted. She made us feel so special, that for many moments we forgot all of the chaos the world was going through. We were only thinking of us and the special moment WE were living. It is a BLESSING to know such an amazing person. We will be eternally grateful to her for making our wedding so special. We recommend her to anyone who would love to have a special experience!!!!!
    Steve and Nena

Sent on 06/23/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you! Being with you and your sons that day was equally magical for me. We all went with our hearts and carved out a special and quiet moment to celebrate love, didn't we? I'm so happy that you were finally able to make it all official. Take care of your beautiful selves, and continue to love each other well. Love, Liz

Kiah · Married on 03/14/2020

Our expectations were exceeded more than we could have ever thought!!!

My now husband and I were quite nervous about finding an officiant and after my initial conversation with Liz we knew that she was gonna be the one to officiate us. She was so accommodating and loved her energy! When we met with her in person we connected on such a personal level. During our ceremony she told our story to our friends and family in such a beautiful and touching way. We couldn’t have asked anymore of her, she completely exceeded any idea or expectations we had that day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 03/16/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Kiah. I, too, felt so comfortable by the two of you upon our first meeting, and it was a genuine pleasure to be with you and your families -- and Koda Bear! -- on your wedding day. Take care of your beautiful selves. Marriage is a great journey. Always, Liz

Allison · Married on 01/18/2020

Liz is the best! Highly recommend!

Liz was amazing! It was as if she had known us for years. She was such a bright spot in the our ceremony - really made it very personable for us. Liz was so very genuine and elated for us, and it showed to our other guests. I would very highly recommend Liz as your officiant, if you want to have the best experience. Very happy couple here... :-)

Sent on 01/06/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Allison! Getting you and David married was a beautiful way to start the New Year. Your story is compelling, and it was an honor and pleasure to be part of your wedding day chapter. Big hugs of love to you both. Liz

Laura P. · Married on 01/12/2020

Beautiful Ceremony

Liz was so helpful from the first moment we talked and she made the process easy, gave us plenty of room to decide what we wanted to do, and then getting it all together for a truly beautiful ceremony with so many beautiful words that mean so much to us and that we got to share with our loved ones - it truly more than met our expectations and we both are very thankful that we found Liz to be not only our officiant but our guide!

Sent on 12/16/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for finding me and for your kind words, Laura. I so enjoyed joining your intimate family group beneath that big mesquite tree to get you and your honey wed. It was time! All my best, Liz
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 11/10/2019

Easiest Choice We Made

We knew right away when we met Liz that she was perfect for our special day. She's an excellent speaker, and took the time to get to know us as a couple. Everyone enjoyed our ceremony, and it was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Book Joyful Unions, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was a pleasure being with you both on that beautiful day at the DBG, Kate. Thanks again for finding me and inviting to be with you all. I very much appreciate your feedback.

Natalie V. · Married on 11/09/2019

Intimate and Personal Ceremony!

Liz is wonderful and an absolute professional throughout the entire process before, during and after the wedding ceremony. We needed to find an officiant within a month of our ceremony (due to our process) and we were lucky enough that Liz was available! From the first phone call to the final "I DO's" Liz walked us through each step, really got to know us and delivered a personal ceremony that made everyone in attendance feel the LOVE! We are blessed to have found Liz. She is truly gifted and we are so thankful to have met her and been led with such grace throughout our ceremony. THANK YOU LIZ!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're welcome Natalie! It was my luck to be available when you called. I was genuinely touched by your love story and am so grateful to have been part of the love and energy shared between you and your handsome hubs, and your families on your wedding day. Take care of each other. I know you will. Love, Liz
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 11/08/2019

Inspiring and touching ceremony, Liz is the best!

Liz was such an amazing officiant for our wedding. We knew right away upon meeting her that she was the right officiant for us, she was so warm and authentic. She really made it a special ceremony for us both. Her words are genuine and you can really tell that she truly cares about the moment, the importance of marriage, and the people she is marrying. After the ceremony, we had many friends and family members ask us how long we’ve known Liz. Even though we had only met once and corresponded through email a few times, Liz was able to give the impression that she had known us for years. She’s a positive, upbeat person who writes very inspiring words, and it all shined through amazingly on our wedding day. We were very happy to meet and work with Liz and would recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, spiritual, and uplifting ceremony on their wedding day.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly Kendra. You and Casey are indeed a great match and it was my pleasure to tell your story on your wedding day. Keep making each other laugh! xo, Liz
  • Alexandria

Alexandria R. · Married on 11/05/2019

Perfect! It wouldn't have been the same without Liz.

Liz is a very intuitive and genuine person, making her an excellent officiant. She did a very through job of getting to know us as a couple, and made our ceremony incredibly personal. She is flexible and patient, which is very much needed during stressful wedding planning. She made our experience truly memorable, and I am so grateful for her! Pricing is incredibly reasonable, she makes the process easy, and does so much to take the weight off your shoulders. Trust your gut, book her!!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for your words, Lexi. The history you and Chris have together made your wedding day such a natural. You two were ready! And I'm so glad to know I could be helpful to you in the process. I happily provide that as part of my process. Take care of each other! Always, Liz

Mary M. · Married on 11/01/2019

Liz is fantastic!

Liz made our small wedding very memorable! The ceremony was very personalized -- you'd think she knew us for years! I am so happy we chose Liz to marry us. Our families are still raving about how fabulous our ceremony was!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Mary! That sure was a beautiful day, celebrating your love with Seth against the stunning backdrop of the red rocks of Sedona. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of it. Love, Liz
  • Kelly

Kelly W. · Married on 10/20/2019

Look no further... book with Liz today!!

From our first meeting through email communications to the day of our wedding, Liz was simply amazing. She has a fantastic energy, and made sure that our ceremony was personal and heartfelt. We were able to customize the ceremony with a reading, our own vows, and a handfasting ceremony. Liz also had us answer some thought-provoking questions that allowed her to really personalize the ceremony. So many of our guests commented how much they loved her ceremony. It was so personal, some even asked how long we had known Liz! Not only did Liz do a wonderful job leading up to the ceremony and at the ceremony itself, but she also encouraged us to feel and enjoy the ceremony... which was easy to do with her leading the way. We give Liz our highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so appreciate your kind words, Kelly. Thank you. I was inspired by your story and it was my honor and pleasure learning it and sharing it with your guests. You and your handsome hubs clearly have a deep connection, and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Always, Liz