Joyful Unions Reviews

Joyful Unions 4
Joyful Unions 5
  • Mathew

Mathew Contini · Getting married on 06/11/2021

People are still talking...

Liz was the officiant at our wedding on 11/30. Having only met via email and phone prior to our special day, Liz was able to capture our spirit and connection in such a way that our guests thought we had known her for many years. She did an excellent job and would recommend her to anyone for their special day.

Joyful Unions 6
    Sent on 01/11/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence, Mat. Much appreciated. It was my pleasure being with you and Phillip and your families on your colorful wedding day. With love, Liz

Anne · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Delivering the essence of marriage and us!

Liz built and delivered an extraordinarily personalized service for us. She spent time getting to know us and hear our story, and put the details together beautifully. As she read the words, both of us truly grasped the depth of the commitment we were making to one another by marriage. Since the wedding, so many friends in attendance have commented to us on how beautiful the service was.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was my pleasure learning your story and being part of your beautiful wedding ceremony overlooking the city on that crisp winter afternoon, Anne. The personal touches (like the meteorite!) only made it more memorable. My best to you both. Love, Liz
  • Scott

Scott Jones · Getting married on 08/11/2020

Rave reviews from our guests

We were married by Liz in November 2019. Liz did an amazing job at our ceremony, making it a wonderful experience for us and our guests. The time she took prior to the wedding to get to know us and our story made the message she provided at the ceremony so personal and so special for us. She made sure the ceremony was what we wanted, guiding us in putting it together, but allowing us to add our personalities as well. Liz adjusted quickly and seamlessly to some last-minute changes we made to the ceremony as well. Liz worked hand in hand with our wedding planner to ensure everything was on track and we were all on the same page prior to, and the day of the wedding.
    Liz’s calm, kind demeanor and assurance she had everything under control made us both feel very at ease the day of the wedding. After the ceremony, we received so many compliments on how wonderful the ceremony was. We heard several times that guests thought we have known Liz for years based on her words during the ceremony, which speaks volumes about the care and preparation Liz put into making the ceremony about us.
    We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. Thank you, Liz, for sharing in our day and making it so very special for us and our guests.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you, Scott. I'm so pleased to know that you and your guests were happy with the ceremony -- and I won't soon forget the fun we all had with those last-minute changes! Sending my best to you and Leasa for a most meaningful marriage.

Allison · Married on 01/18/2020

Liz is the best! Highly recommend!

Liz was amazing! It was as if she had known us for years. She was such a bright spot in the our ceremony - really made it very personable for us. Liz was so very genuine and elated for us, and it showed to our other guests. I would very highly recommend Liz as your officiant, if you want to have the best experience. Very happy couple here... :-)

Joyful Unions 7
    Sent on 01/06/2020

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Allison! Getting you and David married was a beautiful way to start the New Year. Your story is compelling, and it was an honor and pleasure to be part of your wedding day chapter. Big hugs of love to you both. Liz

Natalie Varty · Married on 11/09/2019

Intimate and Personal Ceremony!

Liz is wonderful and an absolute professional throughout the entire process before, during and after the wedding ceremony. We needed to find an officiant within a month of our ceremony (due to our process) and we were lucky enough that Liz was available! From the first phone call to the final "I DO's" Liz walked us through each step, really got to know us and delivered a personal ceremony that made everyone in attendance feel the LOVE! We are blessed to have found Liz. She is truly gifted and we are so thankful to have met her and been led with such grace throughout our ceremony. THANK YOU LIZ!

Joyful Unions 8
    Joyful Unions 9
    Joyful Unions 10
    Sent on 11/15/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're welcome Natalie! It was my luck to be available when you called. I was genuinely touched by your love story and am so grateful to have been part of the love and energy shared between you and your handsome hubs, and your families on your wedding day. Take care of each other. I know you will. Love, Liz
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 11/08/2019

Inspiring and touching ceremony, Liz is the best!

Liz was such an amazing officiant for our wedding. We knew right away upon meeting her that she was the right officiant for us, she was so warm and authentic. She really made it a special ceremony for us both. Her words are genuine and you can really tell that she truly cares about the moment, the importance of marriage, and the people she is marrying. After the ceremony, we had many friends and family members ask us how long we’ve known Liz. Even though we had only met once and corresponded through email a few times, Liz was able to give the impression that she had known us for years. She’s a positive, upbeat person who writes very inspiring words, and it all shined through amazingly on our wedding day. We were very happy to meet and work with Liz and would recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, spiritual, and uplifting ceremony on their wedding day.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly Kendra. You and Casey are indeed a great match and it was my pleasure to tell your story on your wedding day. Keep making each other laugh! xo, Liz
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Rowe · Married on 11/05/2019

Perfect! It wouldn't have been the same without Liz.

Liz is a very intuitive and genuine person, making her an excellent officiant. She did a very through job of getting to know us as a couple, and made our ceremony incredibly personal. She is flexible and patient, which is very much needed during stressful wedding planning. She made our experience truly memorable, and I am so grateful for her! Pricing is incredibly reasonable, she makes the process easy, and does so much to take the weight off your shoulders. Trust your gut, book her!!

Joyful Unions 11
    Sent on 11/17/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for your words, Lexi. The history you and Chris have together made your wedding day such a natural. You two were ready! And I'm so glad to know I could be helpful to you in the process. I happily provide that as part of my process. Take care of each other! Always, Liz

Mary Motzko · Married on 11/01/2019

Liz is fantastic!

Liz made our small wedding very memorable! The ceremony was very personalized -- you'd think she knew us for years! I am so happy we chose Liz to marry us. Our families are still raving about how fabulous our ceremony was!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Mary! That sure was a beautiful day, celebrating your love with Seth against the stunning backdrop of the red rocks of Sedona. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of it. Love, Liz
  • Kelly

Kelly Walls · Married on 10/20/2019

Look no further... book with Liz today!!

From our first meeting through email communications to the day of our wedding, Liz was simply amazing. She has a fantastic energy, and made sure that our ceremony was personal and heartfelt. We were able to customize the ceremony with a reading, our own vows, and a handfasting ceremony. Liz also had us answer some thought-provoking questions that allowed her to really personalize the ceremony. So many of our guests commented how much they loved her ceremony. It was so personal, some even asked how long we had known Liz! Not only did Liz do a wonderful job leading up to the ceremony and at the ceremony itself, but she also encouraged us to feel and enjoy the ceremony... which was easy to do with her leading the way. We give Liz our highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so appreciate your kind words, Kelly. Thank you. I was inspired by your story and it was my honor and pleasure learning it and sharing it with your guests. You and your handsome hubs clearly have a deep connection, and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Always, Liz

Britianey · Married on 09/29/2019

Thoughtful and Kind

Liz was the perfect officiant for our wedding. From the first meeting through to the day after our wedding she was kind, thoughtful and caring. Liz took the time to get to know us and our relationship - she put together the most beautiful words for our ceremony. Guests complimented our ceremony the entire evening and after the wedding. We will cherish the words that she wrote for and about us - thank you for being a special part of our day!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

I loved your Canada-to-Phx story(!) and it was such a pleasure being with you and your families and friends on your beautiful wedding day. No doubt you look upon that box of crystals and feel it radiating the love. All my best to you Mr. and Mrs. Basler!

Robert · Married on 09/07/2019

Exactly what we envisioned!

Liz was able to take what little information she had from us and transform it into exactly what we wanted. We wanted a wedding that simply highlighted the love of two people coming together. We also have four kids and we incorporated them into the wedding. Liz gave suggestions and again made the experience exactly what we wanted and then more. Highly recommended!

Joyful Unions 12
    Sent on 09/21/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was a true pleasure being part of your wedding day, Robert. The Sedona day was memorable -- wind and helicopters, yes, but overall, it was all about love and family. All my best to you and your beautiful family! Love, Liz
  • Madeleine

Madeleine · Married on 07/06/2019

Liz is amazing!

We met Liz the morning of the wedding, but it felt like we had already met because she had spent so much time working to get to know us to make sure our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect. She works to make sure that her service is personalized to the couple, and she pay attention to the details that you tell her. She is incredibly adept at tuning into exactly what makes you as a couple click, which is impressive since we had only spoken over email! She is open-minded and compassionate to everyone's unique situations, which is exactly what we were looking for. She also operates at a great price, as well! It's clear to us that she genuinely loves officiating, and we couldn't have imagined a better ceremony. If we could get married again, we'd definitely have Liz officiate our wedding!

Joyful Unions 13
    Joyful Unions 14
    Sent on 07/22/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

One of the best benefits of officiating is getting to learn and share a couple's love story. Stories, thankfully, run the gamut, so it makes sense that wedding ceremonies should do the same! Glad to hear you and Kade found the experience meaningful. All my best for a most amazing marriage! Love, Liz
  • Noey

Noelle · Married on 06/01/2019

Recommend!

Liz was great! She was so easy to work with. Efficient, organized, great customer service. On the day of the wedding I almost fainted before the ceremony. I've fainted before so I knew the feeling. Liz arrived and was so calm, we worked out a plan in case I thought I might faint during the ceremony, and it was no big deal. She handled it really well and did not escalate any emotions during a potentially tense moment. We got lots of compliments on our ceremony which is nice since we have families who belong to faith communities while my husband and I do not. Liz was a great choice and I'm so glad she was a part of our big day!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for your kind and supportive words, Noelle. I'm glad you remained upright during the ceremony(!) because you were marrying one sweet man! All my best to you both, and your beautiful son. With gratitude, Liz
  • Kalaya

Kalaya Vanaprasert · Married on 03/09/2019

Highly Recommend!

We used Liz to officiate our wedding a couple months ago. We made the decision to use Liz because after meeting with a couple other officiants, it was clear that she is very passionate about what she does and truly values love and relationships. With other officiants that we met with, it seemed much less personal and more like a job and checking off items from a checklist. Leading up to the wedding, we met with Liz so that she could get to know us and how our relationship began and has evolved over the years. Liz is very personable, genuine and a great listener. From our very first meeting, she made us feel comfortable and it felt very natural communicating with her. After our initial meeting, she followed up with us on action items discussed at our meeting to make sure that we had everything organized and completed prior to our wedding day. She let us know that she was there for us and was always available for any other questions or if, we thought of anything else that we wanted incorporated into our ceremony, she would be happy to include it, even if it was at the last minute. On the day of our wedding, Liz arrived early and was well prepared to officiate our ceremony. Liz is an excellent communicator and the story she told of the evolution of our relationship made it so personal. We received many compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. We would highly recommend Liz and can’t think of anything that we would have wanted done differently.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for this detailed review, Kalaya! It makes my day to hear that you, Andrew and your guests were happy with the ceremony. It was my pleasure meeting you both and being part of your wedding day. All my best for a most fulfilling marriage!

Katie · Married on 01/11/2019

Liz was the heart of our Wedding

I don't often hear people say the best part of their wedding was their officiant, but for us, Liz truly was the heart of our amazing day. We had only met her once beforehand, but the ceremony she guided us through felt so personal, so tailored to us, such an eloquent telling of our love story, that even though our ceremony was five months ago I'm tearing up writing this review! Working with her was so easy and convenient - she proactively updated us every step of the way, helped us shape our vows to each other, made sure we understood the marriage license process, and even sent thoughtful and incredibly helpful advice on how to truly enjoy the celebration a few days before. After the wedding, not only did all of our friends and family tell us how amazing they felt the ceremony and Liz were, we had our other wedding vendors telling us it was the best they had ever seen and asking for her contact info! She sent us a beautiful keepsake copy of her custom script for our ceremony, and it's something we can't wait to re-read year after year. If you want your wedding ceremony to be truly unique to your love story, work with Liz.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your generosity of words and spirit mean a lot to me, Katie, and I love it that you're still feeling the ceremony these months later. It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? My best to you and Frankie!

Katelyn · Married on 12/30/2018

Very personalized!

My husband and I are so glad we chose Liz to officiate our wedding. We only met with her a couple of times prior to the wedding, but the ceremony ended up being very personalized. It felt like Liz had known us for years. It was also very eloquent and worded beautifully. Everybody was commenting on it throughout the reception. We are glad we chose Liz and absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Katelyn. There was a lot of love in the courtyard that morning and it was my pleasure being part of it all. Thanks again for finding me!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/18/2018

Phenomenal

Liz is fantastic! She goes above and beyond what a "typical" officiant should do. Liz is kind, thoughtful, and genuinely wants the best for you and your spouse. She communicates so well and has a certain ease that comes with everything she does. We would recommend her over and over! Thank you Liz for truly making our day even more magical!

Joyful Unions 15
    Joyful Unions 16
    Joyful Unions 17
    Sent on 02/03/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

So many thanks for your kind words, Danielle. I love that word "magical" and am pleased to hear you found the ceremony to be that. Happy marriage with that handsome husband of yours!

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Such an incredible officiant!

Liz was absolutely incredible! She met with us, got to know our story, and portrayed it perfectly to our guests. We had many people come up to us and say how great she was and how well her words impacted them. She was very communicative with me and answered my many questions. She was very personal and even wanted to see our engagement photos just to see how well they turned out. After our ceremony she sent us a copy of our wedding script in the mail so that we could cherish that forever. Choosing her as our officiant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're welcome! I so enjoyed our connections throughout our many months together. You and Brandon have a beautiful story and a lovely family -- and I know you'll take care of each other for years to come. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your wedding day!

Becca Laird · Married on 11/17/2018

Destination Wedding to Pheonix Area

Coming from Canada we were not able to meet with Liz before the big day but she made the process easy and stress free. Liz is very professional and designed a ceremony that not only was tailored towards us but contained specific details about our relationship that made it extra special. Liz was available through out the entire process and was always quick to respond making planning a wedding seamless. The day of the wedding she took initiative and talked not only to us (bride and groom) but she introduced herself to family members and guests. We are very impressed with her services and would highly recommend her to every couple.

Joyful Unions 18
    Joyful Unions 19
    Sent on 12/31/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for the kind feedback, Becca. I so enjoyed meeting you and your guests in that beautiful and lush garden you chose to exchange your vows with your handsome man. Hope your honeymoon was all you wanted it to be -- and more!

Kathryn Bryant · Married on 11/15/2018

Flawless, Beautiful, humorous and sweet

Everything about the ceremony from Liz was amazing. From planning to performance, I was consistently surprised and impressed by her services. She listened to everything I told her and told our story beautifully. I could not be happier with our choice in our officiant. My guests are still talking about the ceremony!!!

Joyful Unions 20
    Sent on 12/30/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

It makes my day to hear that you, Joe and your guests were happy with the ceremony! You were a communicative and fun bride to work with -- and I think those ceremony programs came out beautifully, didn't they? All my best to you both for a beautiful and meaningful marriage.
  • Courtney

Courtney Shannon · Married on 11/11/2018

Such a personal ceremony

When we sat down to meet Liz we felt an instant personal connection. She really cared about us as a couple and took the time to hear our story about how we met and our journey together, and translated that into the most beautiful ceremony. She definitely takes the time to write a personal and meaningful ceremony script, and is quick to respond with any questions. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an intimate and personalized ceremony.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I love a good Love Story and yours was a joy to write and speak about. I'm so pleased to hear that you and Michael found that we captured your essence well. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your stunning garden wedding! All my best.
  • Jensen

Jensen Kracht · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful and thoughtful officiate!

Liz was amazing from the beginning of our wedding planning to our ceremony! She is very professional, courteous, and thoughtful. When we were looking for officiates, we wanted someone who was spiritual, and not necessarily religious, who would allow for creativity and personalization with our vows and ceremony. We had numerous guests from out of town, and our goal of the ceremony was for them to know our love story and know us as a couple, and Liz did just that and more! She met with us for coffee to get to know us, she was an excellent communicator from our first meeting to our ceremony by email or text, and on the day of our wedding she was able to take charge when there were a little hiccups and made the day absolutely wonderful! We would highly recommend Liz as your officiate if you are looking for someone who can give your ceremony a spiritual, thoughtful and personalized touch.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Jensen. I so enjoyed our planning process and of course, just loved your wedding day -- fake swans and unexpected baths included! You are Brian have such a spark between you, and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Always, Liz

Ankush · Married on 10/27/2018

Looking for a non-religious cermony? Your search is over.

Liz is wonderful! We hired her for our wedding in late October and we simply loved her approach, the words she put together for our ceremony, and her warmth and passion. She took the time to thoroughly get to know my wife and I, both as individuals, and as a couple, and that attention to detail made for a very memorable, reflective, and personal ceremony that all of us absolutely loved. She will make sure you have the ceremony you want and will completely delight you and your guests.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and generous words, Kush. I'm so pleased to know that you and Katie got the ceremony you wanted. It was quite the day, wasn't it? And I'm assuming that the two of you will now hang up your Meetups for Young Professionals! Always, Liz

Justin Yeats · Married on 10/27/2018

Outstanding

Liz was fantastic at our wedding. From the planning phase to the big day, Liz was nothing but professional and friendly. We communicated over a couple emails and she used that information to tell a very touching love story about my wife and I during the ceremony. She was a highlight of the wedding and would recommend her to anyone in need of an officiant.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Justin! It was my pleasure guiding you and Paige at your lakeside wedding altar. I'm so glad you all were happy with the ceremony.
  • Elaine

Elaine Ruddie · Married on 10/19/2018

Liz is amazing!

We had a destination wedding with friends joining us from around the globe, different cultures and personalities, and we knew that we didn’t want a religious ceremony or anything that was OTT! After watching numerous online videos we found Liz and felt that her style suited our own. Our email communication was quick and easy from the start and after a single face-to-face meeting (we were travelling from the UK to Phoenix on a business trip), we felt we had made a life-long friend. From that point on, our communication with Liz was so good that it was one part of our destination wedding that was never of any concern. On our wedding day Liz was the consummate professional- reassuring, calm, in control of the ceremony and she spoke words and made magic that will stay with us forever. Our friends and family still comment that it was one of the most wonderful ceremonies that they have ever heard and at the time, asked us how long we had known Liz because she had such great insight into our relationship and us as people! It was important to us that the ceremony was special and we are lucky to have found Liz. With a destination wedding there are so many unknowns but Liz’s ceremony, and the natural delivery, was a real highlight which not only married us but delivered heartfelt, considered and personal words that added a depth and gravitas that we couldn’t of imagined. Thank you Liz!

Joyful Unions 21
    Sent on 01/06/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was great fun to be part of your wedding story, Elaine. I, too, felt right at home from the moment we connected, and learning and telling your story was a treat. I've never met a ring that's had as deep an international resumé as yours! My love to you and Charles.