Joyful Unions Reviews

Joyful Unions 7
  • Madeleine

Madeleine · Married on 07/06/2019

Liz is amazing!

We met Liz the morning of the wedding, but it felt like we had already met because she had spent so much time working to get to know us to make sure our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect. She works to make sure that her service is personalized to the couple, and she pay attention to the details that you tell her. She is incredibly adept at tuning into exactly what makes you as a couple click, which is impressive since we had only spoken over email! She is open-minded and compassionate to everyone's unique situations, which is exactly what we were looking for. She also operates at a great price, as well! It's clear to us that she genuinely loves officiating, and we couldn't have imagined a better ceremony. If we could get married again, we'd definitely have Liz officiate our wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Joyful Unions 8
    Joyful Unions 9

Joyful Unions's reply:

One of the best benefits of officiating is getting to learn and share a couple's love story. Stories, thankfully, run the gamut, so it makes sense that wedding ceremonies should do the same! Glad to hear you and Kade found the experience meaningful. All my best for a most amazing marriage! Love, Liz
  • Noey

Noelle · Married on 06/01/2019

Recommend!

Liz was great! She was so easy to work with. Efficient, organized, great customer service. On the day of the wedding I almost fainted before the ceremony. I've fainted before so I knew the feeling. Liz arrived and was so calm, we worked out a plan in case I thought I might faint during the ceremony, and it was no big deal. She handled it really well and did not escalate any emotions during a potentially tense moment. We got lots of compliments on our ceremony which is nice since we have families who belong to faith communities while my husband and I do not. Liz was a great choice and I'm so glad she was a part of our big day!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thanks for your kind and supportive words, Noelle. I'm glad you remained upright during the ceremony(!) because you were marrying one sweet man! All my best to you both, and your beautiful son. With gratitude, Liz

Katie · Married on 01/11/2019

Liz was the heart of our Wedding

I don't often hear people say the best part of their wedding was their officiant, but for us, Liz truly was the heart of our amazing day. We had only met her once beforehand, but the ceremony she guided us through felt so personal, so tailored to us, such an eloquent telling of our love story, that even though our ceremony was five months ago I'm tearing up writing this review! Working with her was so easy and convenient - she proactively updated us every step of the way, helped us shape our vows to each other, made sure we understood the marriage license process, and even sent thoughtful and incredibly helpful advice on how to truly enjoy the celebration a few days before. After the wedding, not only did all of our friends and family tell us how amazing they felt the ceremony and Liz were, we had our other wedding vendors telling us it was the best they had ever seen and asking for her contact info! She sent us a beautiful keepsake copy of her custom script for our ceremony, and it's something we can't wait to re-read year after year. If you want your wedding ceremony to be truly unique to your love story, work with Liz.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your generosity of words and spirit mean a lot to me, Katie, and I love it that you're still feeling the ceremony these months later. It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? My best to you and Frankie!

Katelyn · Married on 12/30/2018

Very personalized!

My husband and I are so glad we chose Liz to officiate our wedding. We only met with her a couple of times prior to the wedding, but the ceremony ended up being very personalized. It felt like Liz had known us for years. It was also very eloquent and worded beautifully. Everybody was commenting on it throughout the reception. We are glad we chose Liz and absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 03/10/2019

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Katelyn. There was a lot of love in the courtyard that morning and it was my pleasure being part of it all. Thanks again for finding me!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/18/2018

Phenomenal

Liz is fantastic! She goes above and beyond what a "typical" officiant should do. Liz is kind, thoughtful, and genuinely wants the best for you and your spouse. She communicates so well and has a certain ease that comes with everything she does. We would recommend her over and over! Thank you Liz for truly making our day even more magical!

Sent on 02/03/2019
    Joyful Unions 10
    Joyful Unions 11
    Joyful Unions 12

Joyful Unions's reply:

So many thanks for your kind words, Danielle. I love that word "magical" and am pleased to hear you found the ceremony to be that. Happy marriage with that handsome husband of yours!

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Such an incredible officiant!

Liz was absolutely incredible! She met with us, got to know our story, and portrayed it perfectly to our guests. We had many people come up to us and say how great she was and how well her words impacted them. She was very communicative with me and answered my many questions. She was very personal and even wanted to see our engagement photos just to see how well they turned out. After our ceremony she sent us a copy of our wedding script in the mail so that we could cherish that forever. Choosing her as our officiant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're welcome! I so enjoyed our connections throughout our many months together. You and Brandon have a beautiful story and a lovely family -- and I know you'll take care of each other for years to come. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your wedding day!

Becca Laird · Married on 11/17/2018

Destination Wedding to Pheonix Area

Coming from Canada we were not able to meet with Liz before the big day but she made the process easy and stress free. Liz is very professional and designed a ceremony that not only was tailored towards us but contained specific details about our relationship that made it extra special. Liz was available through out the entire process and was always quick to respond making planning a wedding seamless. The day of the wedding she took initiative and talked not only to us (bride and groom) but she introduced herself to family members and guests. We are very impressed with her services and would highly recommend her to every couple.

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Joyful Unions 13
    Joyful Unions 14

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for the kind feedback, Becca. I so enjoyed meeting you and your guests in that beautiful and lush garden you chose to exchange your vows with your handsome man. Hope your honeymoon was all you wanted it to be -- and more!

Kathryn Bryant · Married on 11/15/2018

Flawless, Beautiful, humorous and sweet

Everything about the ceremony from Liz was amazing. From planning to performance, I was consistently surprised and impressed by her services. She listened to everything I told her and told our story beautifully. I could not be happier with our choice in our officiant. My guests are still talking about the ceremony!!!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Joyful Unions 15

Joyful Unions's reply:

It makes my day to hear that you, Joe and your guests were happy with the ceremony! You were a communicative and fun bride to work with -- and I think those ceremony programs came out beautifully, didn't they? All my best to you both for a beautiful and meaningful marriage.
  • Courtney

Courtney Shannon · Married on 11/11/2018

Such a personal ceremony

When we sat down to meet Liz we felt an instant personal connection. She really cared about us as a couple and took the time to hear our story about how we met and our journey together, and translated that into the most beautiful ceremony. She definitely takes the time to write a personal and meaningful ceremony script, and is quick to respond with any questions. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an intimate and personalized ceremony.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I love a good Love Story and yours was a joy to write and speak about. I'm so pleased to hear that you and Michael found that we captured your essence well. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your stunning garden wedding! All my best.
  • Jensen

Jensen Kracht · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful and thoughtful officiate!

Liz was amazing from the beginning of our wedding planning to our ceremony! She is very professional, courteous, and thoughtful. When we were looking for officiates, we wanted someone who was spiritual, and not necessarily religious, who would allow for creativity and personalization with our vows and ceremony. We had numerous guests from out of town, and our goal of the ceremony was for them to know our love story and know us as a couple, and Liz did just that and more! She met with us for coffee to get to know us, she was an excellent communicator from our first meeting to our ceremony by email or text, and on the day of our wedding she was able to take charge when there were a little hiccups and made the day absolutely wonderful! We would highly recommend Liz as your officiate if you are looking for someone who can give your ceremony a spiritual, thoughtful and personalized touch.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Jensen. I so enjoyed our planning process and of course, just loved your wedding day -- fake swans and unexpected baths included! You are Brian have such a spark between you, and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Always, Liz

Ankush · Married on 10/27/2018

Looking for a non-religious cermony? Your search is over.

Liz is wonderful! We hired her for our wedding in late October and we simply loved her approach, the words she put together for our ceremony, and her warmth and passion. She took the time to thoroughly get to know my wife and I, both as individuals, and as a couple, and that attention to detail made for a very memorable, reflective, and personal ceremony that all of us absolutely loved. She will make sure you have the ceremony you want and will completely delight you and your guests.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and generous words, Kush. I'm so pleased to know that you and Katie got the ceremony you wanted. It was quite the day, wasn't it? And I'm assuming that the two of you will now hang up your Meetups for Young Professionals! Always, Liz

Justin Yeats · Married on 10/27/2018

Outstanding

Liz was fantastic at our wedding. From the planning phase to the big day, Liz was nothing but professional and friendly. We communicated over a couple emails and she used that information to tell a very touching love story about my wife and I during the ceremony. She was a highlight of the wedding and would recommend her to anyone in need of an officiant.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Justin! It was my pleasure guiding you and Paige at your lakeside wedding altar. I'm so glad you all were happy with the ceremony.
  • Elaine

Elaine Ruddie · Married on 10/19/2018

Liz is amazing!

We had a destination wedding with friends joining us from around the globe, different cultures and personalities, and we knew that we didn’t want a religious ceremony or anything that was OTT! After watching numerous online videos we found Liz and felt that her style suited our own. Our email communication was quick and easy from the start and after a single face-to-face meeting (we were travelling from the UK to Phoenix on a business trip), we felt we had made a life-long friend. From that point on, our communication with Liz was so good that it was one part of our destination wedding that was never of any concern. On our wedding day Liz was the consummate professional- reassuring, calm, in control of the ceremony and she spoke words and made magic that will stay with us forever. Our friends and family still comment that it was one of the most wonderful ceremonies that they have ever heard and at the time, asked us how long we had known Liz because she had such great insight into our relationship and us as people! It was important to us that the ceremony was special and we are lucky to have found Liz. With a destination wedding there are so many unknowns but Liz’s ceremony, and the natural delivery, was a real highlight which not only married us but delivered heartfelt, considered and personal words that added a depth and gravitas that we couldn’t of imagined. Thank you Liz!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Joyful Unions 16

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was great fun to be part of your wedding story, Elaine. I, too, felt right at home from the moment we connected, and learning and telling your story was a treat. I've never met a ring that's had as deep an international resumé as yours! My love to you and Charles.

Aubrie · Married on 10/04/2018

Unforgettable

We had the absolute honor of working with our officiant Liz. We didn’t really know what to expect when choosing an officiant and we decided to go with Liz is based off of reviews and her outlook on what a marriage ceremony should be. We decided to meet Liz, and as soon as we met her and discussed our wedding day, or expectations, and our views, we knew that she was the one. Our connection with Liz was so strong at that first meeting we both knew that she had to be a part of our beautiful day. On our wedding day she could not have been a big help and such an important part of our ceremony. She definitely gave us the special moment we were hoping for during our union. We had opted into doing the hand fasting ceremony, And couldn’t have been more glad we did. We had so many compliments from our guest about Liz’s service. We even had a couple of people wanting her information for referral! We had also decided with Liz to do the echo and repeat vows, She has sent us a couple of options for us to choose from and the ones we chose were perfect for our day. Overall Liz was an exceptional officiant and Truly was a special part of our marriage ceremony. Thank you Liz for making our day unforgettable. You will always hold a special place in our heart.

Aubrie & Travis RANDOLPH

Sent on 10/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your generous and detailed words, Aubrie! I felt the genuine love in your hearts for life and for each other from the moment I met you both. It was my true pleasure and honor to be part of your beautiful wedding day! Take care of each other -- and that beautiful boy of yours. Love, Liz

Dianne Lee Miller · Married on 09/01/2018

Personalized Perfection

Liz has a true gift and helped make our wedding magical. She personalized the ceremony in a way that let our relationship and personalities shine through. She created an atmosphere that put all the guests at ease and led to many comments such as "there was so much warmth and love in the air" and "that was so much fun". Liz captured the exact spirit we were hoping to achieve. She was also very flexible when we had to change our ceremony date due to mother nature.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

So glad I could be part of your day, Dianne. Your wedding was so memorable, especially your ebay dress, your blue suede Parisian shoes, and the venue at the base of those 14,000-foot peaks! I liked your choice of husband as well! Happy marriage.

kim · Married on 07/28/2018

Liz O'Brien was perfect for us. We wanted a small intimate ceremony and Liz nailed it. Liz felt like family. Very encouraging.
    happy and always smiling. We received emails with great ideas about planning, location, how to write your own vows.
    Liz was always a phone or text away. Great communicator with passion for uniting couples. What a joy. A Very happy day.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Kim! You, too, were so easy, open and honest to work with. It was a pleasure guiding you both at the altar. Sending so many happy wishes for your marriage!

victor · Married on 07/28/2018

Liz is so warm and heartfelt, she brought a feeling of genuine joy to our ceremony. The words were done just beautifully, I think she even had tears in her eyes! I only wish we could have had more time to spend just to savor the moment longer with her warm and uplifting presence.

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Joyful Unions 17

Joyful Unions's reply:

The Desert Botanical Garden was such a beautiful place to celebrate your ceremony, wasn't it? Thank you for the kind words, Vic. It was my pleasure to be with you that morning! Best, Liz

Christina · Married on 05/05/2018

From the moment we spoke to Liz on the phone, there was no need to keep searching. We found the perfect officiant.

In addition to having a beautiful, soothing voice that is simply lovely to listen to, Liz was caring, kind, and a wonderful listener. During every email interaction and every conversation, Liz struck a perfect balance of confidently guiding us via her years of experience while also shaping her services to match our vision for our wedding day.

She was incredibly organized, providing us with helpful check-in "to do" lists and reminders along the way. She was flexible, allowing us to personalize every aspect of the ceremony, even providing samples of verbiage for inspiration. She responded to communication instantly, repeatedly assured us of exactly when she would arrive at the venue day-of to eliminate any stress, and even offered tremendously kind words of encouragement two days before the wedding.

Day-of, Liz was everything we had imagined and more. She was the perfect mix of on-the-ball professionalism and genuine warmth.

Though it is hard to pick a favorite moment among the many when working with Liz, the moment that meant the most to me was during the ceremony, right after she had received the rings from the best man. Liz paused before handing the rings to me and my husband. She closed her eyes, held our rings together in her hand, pressed her hand to her heart, and stood there, just for a moment, seeming to imbue our rings with positivity and hope. It was an unexpected, personal, and truly beautiful moment for which we will always be incredibly grateful.

It goes without saying, but I would recommend Liz to anyone and everyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so loved being part of your wedding day, Christina. You and Ben were so present in mind, body and soul -- everyone present could feel it. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of it all!

James · Married on 04/22/2018

Liz did an amazing job with my wedding! When my wife and I met with her, her kindness and professionalism gave us great confidence in the success of our big day. A few qualities that made my wife and I appreciate her officiating was that she listened to our story and incorporated that into her script, her voice was very well projected and words annunciated (we had our event outside with no sound system) and she showed up early to mitigate any wedding day stress. Not only were we satisfied but our guests shared several comments on how well she conducted our ceremony. My wife and I are glad to have had Liz be apart of our wedding!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much James! I am so glad that I could help alleviate some of the natural stress that comes along on wedding day. It was my pleasure to meet you both and your beautiful family. Enjoy your marriage!

Natasha · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz! From her professionalism, to her flexibility, to her ability to take our ceremony vision and bring it to the next level; she was an instrumental part of our big day. Liz took the time to meet with us as a couple, listen to our relationship story, and craft such a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. Our intimate, non-religious script and vows were incredibly special and exactly what we had hoped for. Guests kept on raving about how they had never witnessed such a unique and customized ceremony as ours, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you're looking for an outside the box, non-traditional, non-snoozefest ceremony, look no further than Liz of Joyful Unions.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so loved being part of your intimate desert mountain wedding, Natasha. I respected how you and Dillon followed your own ways of doing things. What a treat to be part of it all. Enjoy your marriage!

Ceara · Married on 04/06/2018

Wow, Liz is AMAZING! The perfect officiant for our big day. She spent time with us beforehand to get to know us and to include our story into the ceremony, and she made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the planning process, offering communication and support along the way. We were both blown away at how incredible the ceremony was, very personalized and exactly perfect for us - we received quite a few compliments from our guests as well! Would definitely, definitely recommend to a friend!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review, Ceara. I'm so pleased to hear that you, Pat and your guests found the ceremony such a positive experience! Make the most of your marriage... I know you will.

Jordan · Married on 03/10/2018

Liz with Joyful Unions is wonderful! Our photographers recommended her to us, and we are so grateful they did! From the start, Liz was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Liz for coffee to get to know each other, and we both knew right away that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. An officiant really sets the tone for your ceremony, and Liz made our vision a reality! She is very well-spoken and made sure to get to know us and our story so that our ceremony was personal. She also included some beautiful insight on marriage and helped us choose a reading we liked. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience during our ceremony! She has a calming way about her, and was accommodating and flexible throughout the whole wedding planning process. If you're looking for a fabulous wedding officiant, look no further! Thank you, Liz!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're so very welcome, Jordan. I know there's so much that goes into wedding planning, so I'm always happy to make ceremony-related items as easy I can for you. I'm also glad to hear that the ceremony helped your guests feel even more connected to you. Wishing you and Danee the best. And I'll always remember your confetti recessional!
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 02/24/2018

We asked Liz to officiate our ceremony after attending a wedding she officiated.

Liz took the time to meet with us and curate our ceremony based on our style and our story. It was truly us in every way. She is easy to work with and is ready with suggestions and helpful tips on special readings and vows.

She is one of the most eloquent speakers I have heard. During our reception, so many of our friends and family told us that it was one of, if not the most, beautiful ceremony they’ve attended. I even had one friend mention that our ceremony changed his perception on marriage!

Liz is the best you can get. She is passionate about what she does, and she truly and honestly invests her heart and soul into making your special day as magical as possible. Book her as your officiant!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Your detailed feedback means so much, Leslie. I appreciate you sharing your experience. And I love it that one of your friends actually looked at marriage a bit differently after witnessing your ceremony! We never know the reach of a wedding, do we? = ) May your love with Tyler continue to evolve in wonderful ways.

Susan · Married on 12/09/2017

Liz was so wonderful. She met with us multiple times in order to really get to know us a couple. She is a great writer and speaker and made our wedding extra special. She performs a non religious ceremony but definitely is spiritual. It was perfect for us a couple. We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Joyful Unions 18

Joyful Unions's reply:

What a joy to work with such a beautiful couple as yourselves. The love between you two is electric and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Thanks again Susan!