Joyful Unions Reviews

118 Reviews for Joyful Unions

118 Joyful Unions Reviews

Aubrie · Married on 10/04/2018

Unforgettable

We had the absolute honor of working with our officiant Liz. We didn’t really know what to expect when choosing an officiant and we decided to go with Liz is based off of reviews and her outlook on what a marriage ceremony should be. We decided to meet Liz, and as soon as we met her and discussed our wedding day, or expectations, and our views, we knew that she was the one. Our connection with Liz was so strong at that first meeting we both knew that she had to be a part of our beautiful day. On our wedding day she could not have been a big help and such an important part of our ceremony. She definitely gave us the special moment we were hoping for during our union. We had opted into doing the hand fasting ceremony, And couldn’t have been more glad we did. We had so many compliments from our guest about Liz’s service. We even had a couple of people wanting her information for referral! We had also decided with Liz to do the echo and repeat vows, She has sent us a couple of options for us to choose from and the ones we chose were perfect for our day. Overall Liz was an exceptional officiant and Truly was a special part of our marriage ceremony. Thank you Liz for making our day unforgettable. You will always hold a special place in our heart.

Aubrie & Travis RANDOLPH

Sent on 10/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you for your generous and detailed words, Aubrie! I felt the genuine love in your hearts for life and for each other from the moment I met you both. It was my true pleasure and honor to be part of your beautiful wedding day! Take care of each other -- and that beautiful boy of yours. Love, Liz

Dianne Lee Miller · Married on 09/01/2018

Personalized Perfection

Liz has a true gift and helped make our wedding magical. She personalized the ceremony in a way that let our relationship and personalities shine through. She created an atmosphere that put all the guests at ease and led to many comments such as "there was so much warmth and love in the air" and "that was so much fun". Liz captured the exact spirit we were hoping to achieve. She was also very flexible when we had to change our ceremony date due to mother nature.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

So glad I could be part of your day, Dianne. Your wedding was so memorable, especially your ebay dress, your blue suede Parisian shoes, and the venue at the base of those 14,000-foot peaks! I liked your choice of husband as well! Happy marriage.

kim · Married on 07/28/2018

Liz O'Brien was perfect for us. We wanted a small intimate ceremony and Liz nailed it. Liz felt like family. Very encouraging.
    happy and always smiling. We received emails with great ideas about planning, location, how to write your own vows.
    Liz was always a phone or text away. Great communicator with passion for uniting couples. What a joy. A Very happy day.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Kim! You, too, were so easy, open and honest to work with. It was a pleasure guiding you both at the altar. Sending so many happy wishes for your marriage!

victor · Married on 07/28/2018

Liz is so warm and heartfelt, she brought a feeling of genuine joy to our ceremony. The words were done just beautifully, I think she even had tears in her eyes! I only wish we could have had more time to spend just to savor the moment longer with her warm and uplifting presence.

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Joyful Unions 1

Joyful Unions's reply:

The Desert Botanical Garden was such a beautiful place to celebrate your ceremony, wasn't it? Thank you for the kind words, Vic. It was my pleasure to be with you that morning! Best, Liz

Christina · Married on 05/05/2018

From the moment we spoke to Liz on the phone, there was no need to keep searching. We found the perfect officiant.

In addition to having a beautiful, soothing voice that is simply lovely to listen to, Liz was caring, kind, and a wonderful listener. During every email interaction and every conversation, Liz struck a perfect balance of confidently guiding us via her years of experience while also shaping her services to match our vision for our wedding day.

She was incredibly organized, providing us with helpful check-in "to do" lists and reminders along the way. She was flexible, allowing us to personalize every aspect of the ceremony, even providing samples of verbiage for inspiration. She responded to communication instantly, repeatedly assured us of exactly when she would arrive at the venue day-of to eliminate any stress, and even offered tremendously kind words of encouragement two days before the wedding.

Day-of, Liz was everything we had imagined and more. She was the perfect mix of on-the-ball professionalism and genuine warmth.

Though it is hard to pick a favorite moment among the many when working with Liz, the moment that meant the most to me was during the ceremony, right after she had received the rings from the best man. Liz paused before handing the rings to me and my husband. She closed her eyes, held our rings together in her hand, pressed her hand to her heart, and stood there, just for a moment, seeming to imbue our rings with positivity and hope. It was an unexpected, personal, and truly beautiful moment for which we will always be incredibly grateful.

It goes without saying, but I would recommend Liz to anyone and everyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so loved being part of your wedding day, Christina. You and Ben were so present in mind, body and soul -- everyone present could feel it. Thank you again for inviting me to be part of it all!

James · Married on 04/22/2018

Liz did an amazing job with my wedding! When my wife and I met with her, her kindness and professionalism gave us great confidence in the success of our big day. A few qualities that made my wife and I appreciate her officiating was that she listened to our story and incorporated that into her script, her voice was very well projected and words annunciated (we had our event outside with no sound system) and she showed up early to mitigate any wedding day stress. Not only were we satisfied but our guests shared several comments on how well she conducted our ceremony. My wife and I are glad to have had Liz be apart of our wedding!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much James! I am so glad that I could help alleviate some of the natural stress that comes along on wedding day. It was my pleasure to meet you both and your beautiful family. Enjoy your marriage!

Natasha · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz! From her professionalism, to her flexibility, to her ability to take our ceremony vision and bring it to the next level; she was an instrumental part of our big day. Liz took the time to meet with us as a couple, listen to our relationship story, and craft such a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. Our intimate, non-religious script and vows were incredibly special and exactly what we had hoped for. Guests kept on raving about how they had never witnessed such a unique and customized ceremony as ours, and we couldn't be more pleased. If you're looking for an outside the box, non-traditional, non-snoozefest ceremony, look no further than Liz of Joyful Unions.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

I so loved being part of your intimate desert mountain wedding, Natasha. I respected how you and Dillon followed your own ways of doing things. What a treat to be part of it all. Enjoy your marriage!

Ceara · Married on 04/06/2018

Wow, Liz is AMAZING! The perfect officiant for our big day. She spent time with us beforehand to get to know us and to include our story into the ceremony, and she made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the planning process, offering communication and support along the way. We were both blown away at how incredible the ceremony was, very personalized and exactly perfect for us - we received quite a few compliments from our guests as well! Would definitely, definitely recommend to a friend!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review, Ceara. I'm so pleased to hear that you, Pat and your guests found the ceremony such a positive experience! Make the most of your marriage... I know you will.

Jordan · Married on 03/10/2018

Liz with Joyful Unions is wonderful! Our photographers recommended her to us, and we are so grateful they did! From the start, Liz was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Liz for coffee to get to know each other, and we both knew right away that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. An officiant really sets the tone for your ceremony, and Liz made our vision a reality! She is very well-spoken and made sure to get to know us and our story so that our ceremony was personal. She also included some beautiful insight on marriage and helped us choose a reading we liked. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience during our ceremony! She has a calming way about her, and was accommodating and flexible throughout the whole wedding planning process. If you're looking for a fabulous wedding officiant, look no further! Thank you, Liz!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Joyful Unions's reply:

You're so very welcome, Jordan. I know there's so much that goes into wedding planning, so I'm always happy to make ceremony-related items as easy I can for you. I'm also glad to hear that the ceremony helped your guests feel even more connected to you. Wishing you and Danee the best. And I'll always remember your confetti recessional!

Susan · Married on 12/09/2017

Liz was so wonderful. She met with us multiple times in order to really get to know us a couple. She is a great writer and speaker and made our wedding extra special. She performs a non religious ceremony but definitely is spiritual. It was perfect for us a couple. We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Joyful Unions 2

Joyful Unions's reply:

What a joy to work with such a beautiful couple as yourselves. The love between you two is electric and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. Thanks again Susan!

Haley · Married on 11/25/2017

We had Liz as our officiant in November for our backyard wedding and she was absolutely phenomenal. We met with her a few times prior to the actual ceremony and on the ceremony day she did nothing but exceed our expectations. During our meetings with her, she interviewed us about our relationship and made us feel so comfortable during this whole process. We had family coming up to us after the ceremony telling us how beautiful and unique it all was! We did not want any religious affiliation with our wedding and Liz filled the ceremony with a script she wrote about us, a love quote that we chose and a wishing stone announcement (which was her idea and our family loved it!). Thank you so much Liz!!!

Joyful Unions 3
    Joyful Unions 4

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2017

Liz was such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. Our ceremony was perfect and Liz tailored the ceremony to us and our love story. She even gave us a copy of the ceremony as a keepsake! We received so many compliments on our ceremony from our guests that attended. We highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you Lauren. I so enjoyed meeting you both and being part of your picture perfect day. And thanks again for providing me the opportunity to toast to your love and marriage over oysters and cocktails! Always, Liz

Susan · Married on 11/10/2017

Liz is the most amazing officiant you will find! Stop looking and meet with her ASAP! She created a beautiful and very personal story for us that we and our guests will never forget. Our guests all raved about how beautiful our wedding was and how impressed they were with Liz. She made us laugh, cry, and most of all, made sure we were present in the moment. We HIGHLY recommend her!!!! She creates an atmosphere that is very person to YOU.

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Joyful Unions 5

Joyful Unions's reply:

Sweet Susan -- thank you for your kind words. Being present on your wedding day is the ultimate gift you can give yourselves and I'm glad to know I helped get you there. May you and Jen have the most joyful and inspiring of marriages! xo

LL · Married on 11/04/2017

Liz was awesome. She was a total pleasure to work with. She did an amazing job at our ceremony and really tailored it to us. I had several dozen guests ask me about Liz and compliment her. I had one friend who was so touched by the ceremony she could not stop crying. We are so grateful she were able to be there with us!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Tears of happiness, I hope! = ) Anyhow, thank you kindly for the review, LL. I am so happy that Team LL& Bob found me and invited me to be part of your dancing wedding! It was a memorable day for sure.

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Liz is amazing! We could not have found a better officiant if we tried. Her prices are reasonable and she will put everything she has into making your ceremony perfect. I recommend doing the "love story. She will take the time to get to know you and your significant other and will tell your love story during your ceremony, which will make it tailored just for you and unique. You can tell she loves what she does and it shows! We got so many compliments on how wonderful our officiant was. I would highly recommend hiring Liz!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed hearing your Love Story, Stephanie. I so enjoyed my time with you and Josh. You are so well suited for each other and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. All my best!

ashley · Married on 10/20/2017

Liz was absolutely amazing! Everyone was raving about her, She made our ceremony so personal and told our love story perfectly. Liz paid attention to capture our personalities and what makes us, us. She was very professional while also being sincere and personal. She made our ceremony so special, We absolutely loved her and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your gorgeous sunset wedding up on the hill. It was a pleasure meeting you both and being part of your big day. You're a beautiful, vivacious couple and I know you'll make the most of your marriage. xo

Kevin · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz was fantastic!! She makes the occasion very personal and very special and is receptive to the ideas that you have for your big day. The suggested readings/poems that she recommends are both appropriate and beautiful and we couldn't be happier with our choice to have her officiate our big day! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

It was my pleasure helping you two make it legal! Make the most of your marriage, as I know you will. xoxo

Grace · Married on 05/04/2017

Just do it! Liz was incredible! We had so many people come up to us after the ceremony and say how beautiful and how wonderful it was. One of our guests was an officiant herself and said to me "Thank goodness you didn't go with me, I could not have done that good". It was exactly what we wanted, personal, fun, and completely us. Thank you!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I'm so pleased to hear that the ceremony captured your love with Steven! Thanks for your feedback, Grace.

Tim · Married on 04/23/2017

Liz made our special day amazing. We can't imagine picking anyone else to officiate our service. Love you Liz!

Tim and Kevin

Sent on 05/05/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Aw! Feelings reciprocated for sure. What a treat to be part of your special and intimate family day. I'm so glad our paths crossed. Make the most of your marriage!

Treasure · Married on 04/08/2017

Liz did our wedding and she was incredible. She made our ceremony so loving and personable. She is so quick to respond to any questions and showed up the wedding early! I highly recommend her! We had guests come up to us and say how much they loved our ceremony!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I appreciate your detailed feedback, Treasure. It was my pleasure working with such an enthusiastic, positive and organized bride as yourself! Wishing you and Austin the happiest of marriages.

Jennifer · Married on 04/01/2017

Liz was great and was willing to marry us on short notice! The love story she told entertained our guests and put a personal spin on the ceremony. She also walked us through the whole process of getting a marriage license, picking our vows, and arranged a rose ceremony. We highly recommend Liz to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant! ~Jace and Jennifer :)

Sent on 04/21/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Jennifer and Jace -- I am so glad I had the date open! it was my pleasure meeting you, and learning and sharing your love story. You've found quite the catch in each other. May your marriage be long and happy!

Terri · Married on 03/18/2017

I cannot say enough about this wonderful lady! she is so genuine, caring, very sweet & you will be so happy to have her as your officiant. her words are very inspiring, beautifully said & her voice is of an angel ! very clear & upbeat. she will make you just ever so sweetly laugh, and yet her heartfelt words you know are coming from the depth of her soul! she has made my daughter & son in law's wedding a day to remember! everyone "loved" her & asked "who she was!" she will truly be everything you could ask for or want, I promise!! I could not be happier that I found Liz & you will be too if you choose her. she"s one in a million & this is definitely her calling in life.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

Thank you so much for your spirited and heartfelt review, Terri! I, too, am so pleased we connected. Joining your community of wedding guests was a treat for me, and I'm so pleased to hear that you all heard the words and were invited to participate in Jamie and Eric's big day. Love to you all!

Adriana · Married on 02/18/2017

We are so grateful Liz was part of our wedding. We felt very much at ease with her and easily opened up to her about our relationship. I think we were a bit worried that hiring an officiant would come across as impersonal, but she was able to tell our story beautifully in a way that felt very personal. We loved it, as did our guests -- we had many guests tell us how meaningful and beautiful the ceremony was. We also had many guests tell us they thought Liz was a family friend given the way she spoke about us. Also, Liz was very flexible and handled us adding things at the last minute (because we're procrastinators) without making us feel bad about it. My husband and I would enthusiastically recommend Liz to anyone!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Joyful Unions's reply:

I am so pleased to hear that you and your guests were happy with the service, Adriana. Thank you for the detailed feedback, and I'm always happy to give couples the ceremony they want, no matter when the ideas flow. Wishing you and Matt the most fulfilling marriage!

BRIDGET · Married on 02/17/2017

Highly recommend Joyful Unions!