Joyful Sound Entertainment Reviews

Joyful Sound Entertainment 3
Joyful Sound Entertainment 4
Joyful Sound Entertainment 5

Joel Winnike · Married on 09/28/2019

Easy, responsive, and extremely fun

Lionel and the whole Joyful Sound Entertainment crew were an absolute delight to work with. Before talking with them, I felt a little lost an overwhelmed about who to select as my wedding DJ. DJ prices seemed all over the place, and I didn't really know exactly what I wanted in a DJ. Fortunately, after some aimless internet searches, I got lucky and sent a message to Joyful Sound Entertainment. My first impression from talking with Lionel was that he was a true professional and would be a calming and positive force in all the craziness that goes into wedding planning. After interacting with Lionel a few times, I was sure that he really cared about making my wedding a special night and providing his services at a fair price. He was attentive, responsive, and easy to work with, so I would definitely give Joyful Sound Entertainment 5 stars for the pre-wedding aspect. Then came the wedding. Lionel and his team were well prepared for the day, they created a great cocktail hour/dinner playlist that included influence from us and just enough crowd pleasers to get the night started right, they interacted with the crowd to get everyone involved, and brought the exact amount of energy that we wanted to the dancing portion of the wedding. It was truly the best night of my life, and I am so grateful to Lionel and his team for making the DJ portion of my wedding a low stress, reasonably priced, and extremely fun. You will not regret hiring Joyful Sound Entertainment.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Marianne · Married on 12/08/2018

DJ for my Winter wedding (12/8/18)

I had the pleasure of booking Lionel for my wedding last month.

I had received a quote from a third party website that was lower than the actual normal rate, and Lionel was professional and kind enough to honor that quote for my wedding day. His normal quote is also very reasonable and a great deal.

Every step of the way Lionel has been responsive and attentive, meeting with me when possible to go over wedding music and how we wanted the wedding to play out. There were a few songs I had wanted played that weren’t listed in his playlist, and he was able to with no complaints use those songs for my wedding and processional music.

Everyone continues to rave about how amazing the wedding was and all the dancing we shared due to Lionel playing both requested and popular music. Lionel was full of energy and worked to get the dancing going at the beginning of the night, which set the mood for the rest of the evening.

I am very happy I went with Lionel and I don’t think anyone would regret choosing him to share their big day with!

Joyful Sound Entertainment 6
    Joyful Sound Entertainment 15
    Sent on 01/03/2019

Muyumba · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Service

He played all genres requested and got everyone dancing!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Chante · Married on 08/31/2018

Great job!! Played great music and helped the wedding flow with the timeline!!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Melinda · Married on 08/18/2018

He was sooo helpful throughout the whole process. He was very responsive, kept things moving along, and made things less stressful! You won't regret your decision to go with him.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Sidney · Married on 08/05/2018

Lionel and his team was great!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Emily · Married on 06/16/2018

Great service. Highly recommend

Sent on 06/24/2018

Antoinette · Married on 06/02/2018

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Joyful Sound Entertainment for their outstanding service! We hired Lionel to be our DJ for our wedding reception & we couldn’t have asked for anyone better! He was very personable, had fun ideas & walked us through what we could expect for our big night! He’s very knowledgeable too since he’s been DJ’ing for a while so his level of experience really helped us figure out what we wanted. He was so patient with the planning & really picked a great playlist for everyone to enjoy! We had a great time and our guests did too thanks to Lionel. He made our wonderful evening very special and fun!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Karen · Married on 11/18/2017

Lionel was excellent! Even when the crowd started to thin out (the wedding reception was 5PM-12AM), he continued to fulfill his contracted time. We were in a hotel setting and had people who weren’t a part of the ceremony pop in and join in the fun. Line dancing and a combination of great music will get them every time! Thank you for your professionalism and we look forward to working with you again when there’s a need for awesome music and entertainment.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2017

Excellent time had by all. Thanks Lionel.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

They were great to work with!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

James · Married on 09/16/2017

Lionel was very professional. He's very proactive and seeks to ensure your event goes off exactly how you want it to. He's very organized and keeps constant communication with you. I will use Lionel as my DJ anytime.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2017

Lionel is a phenomenal DJ that goes above and beyond to make your day exactly how you want it. He is very meticulous and makes sure to think of everything for the big day. He had great selection of music that kept everyone of all ages on the dance floor all night long. I highly recommend him as a DJ!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Doreen · Married on 07/07/2017

I am very pleased with Lionel's services. He was very friendly and professional. I strongly recommend Lionel for any celebration!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Tiffany · Married on 07/02/2017

I got married in 2005. The DJ was her professional and prompt. Very memorable times.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Dominique · Married on 07/01/2017

Us and our guests had the time of our life at our wedding reception! The songs choices were right on! Classics and Season Hits were on the whole evening. All the songs we requested were played and even more. All to make our reception, the party of the year! Thanks Joyful Sound Entertainment! We'll definitely contract you for our next special event!!! :)

Sent on 01/20/2018

Sabrina · Married on 10/15/2016

Lionel and his MC did a fantastic job at our wedding. It was important to me that our reception be a great party where people danced and partied and that is exactly what it was! He played a good mix of music so that both the older and younger ones enjoyed themselves. Many people have said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. Two thumbs up!!! Thanks Lionel!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Adam · Married on 10/01/2016

Our experience with Joyful Sound Entertainment and DJ Ice was amazing. They did a wonderdul job and at a price that's hard to beat!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Malenny · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I were looking for someone who would be able to play both Hispanic and American music. We were about ready to give up when we heard about Lionel, and when we called him we knew he would be perfect. He was great about communicating with us at any time of the day, and he even set up a site for us to plan out our wedding timeline. He was of great help! He also traveled 2 hours to be here, and his fee was better than fair, I really could not believe it. Lionel and Josiha made our wedding absolutely incredible! All our friends and family congratulated us and thanked us for having them. I couldn't imagine anything better!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Ciara · Married on 09/24/2016

Lionel was great to work with. He was always answering my questions promptly and checking in through the process. He also made a trip to my venue to make sure he was prepared. My ceremony music somehow got messed up but I truly believe it was a mistake and Lionel definitely made up for it at the reception, my guests loved the music he played and how involved they were. My dance floor was full from start to end.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Joseph · Married on 09/18/2016

The DJ’s we had were absolutely wonderful! We were going to use a family member as the DJ, but problems developed only a month out. I reached out to Lionel and I was fortunate to find out there was still availability for our Sunday wedding date. The coordination leading up to the wedding was awesome. The bride is a music major and had each and every song preplanned as to how she wanted it. Lionel was able to get each and every song! The music for the ceremony went perfectly as planned. The reception was awesome! When things started to get a little behind due to the post ceremony pictures taking too long, I was immediately notified so I could let the bride know. We got back on track and the rest of the evening went smooth.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Phoebe · Married on 09/18/2016

We had a last minute emergency with our DJ and Lionel and his fabulous team was able to jump in and get everything going smoothly. I was able to convey my information, wants and needs and he came through exceptionally. My father was also our in between person so that I was able to focus on my wedding day. Everything went without a hitch and they were the best at finding the songs we needed (even obscure indie songs!) I would highly highly recommend their services to the brides out there!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Alicia · Married on 08/19/2016

They did a fantastic job!!! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Joshua · Married on 06/17/2016

Lionel was amazing during the planning process and even last minute changes were flawless. I would recommend him for anyone looking to hire a DJ for any event.

Sent on 06/27/2016

jessica · Married on 04/23/2016

Lionel did an incredible job of both DJing and managing our event. He was very professional and went above and beyond. He was very prepared for the event and if he didn't know something prior to the wedding he would ask to make sure he got it right. He wanted to make sure he had everything the way we wanted it. The music was awesome and he knew just what we would like and what would get the crowd dancing. Everyone at the reception loved him and I keep getting compliments!

Sent on 04/25/2016