Journeys of Excellence Reviews

49 | Metamora, MI

49 Reviews for Journeys of Excellence

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

Mike has been an absolute amazing liaison to work with while booking our honeymoon. He helped us stay within budget and get us everything we wanted and more. He was even able to get us lots of free upgrades to help make our honeymoon even more special. I cannot recommend him enough!

Hannah · Married on 06/03/2016

We were referred to Mike by a friend and we couldn't have been more pleased! Our honeymoon was over the top amazing. He really does sit down and listen to exactly what you want in a vacation and than makes all your honeymoon dreams come true. We have already passed his information on to 3 other couples.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Journeys of Excellence's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah for your kind words. Trust me, our couples just bring out the best in us and we love to make your dreams come true :-) I am so happy that you and William had such a great time in Mexico. They truly do treat our guests special :-) It was such a pleasure working with you both and I look forward to our next journey together :-)

Alicia · Married on 03/12/2016

I spoke with a few different travel agents before deciding to use Mike's services. After our initial two plus hour conversation there was no doubt that even though Mike resided in Florida, and I was in Texas, he was the one for the job. I am a true Type A personality and have high standards...hence, the Five Star Resorts we were considering having our wedding at along with 25 guests. Mike helped us find the perfect match for our wants/desires, negotiated rates, communicated with our guest as well as handled their rooms, travel and transfers. Mike was part of every single communication I had with the resort in the decision making and planning of our rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception, spa services, golf needs, sightseeing, etc. Honestly, I had zero worries with Mike at the helm. That's just the way a bride wants it.

Our honeymoon at the Excellence Playa Mujeres was pure bliss and paradise thanks to Mike's help in finding the perfect resort for us. It was the most relaxing, luxurious and adventurous week of our lives together, and all without any worry or stress in the planning. From the first time I reached out to Mike I could tell that he was genuine and passionate about travel. His interpersonal skills and customer service are top notch, and immediately I knew he was someone we could entrust with the most special trip of our lives together. He made the honeymoon planning the easiest box to check off on my wedding "To Do" list, and for that I will be forever grateful. Even when it seemed we may run into issues with the resort of our choosing, Mike made sure that we got exactly what we wanted without overpaying. His friendly attitude and heart of service made working with him a true pleasure. We absolutely cannot wait to work him again on future trips!

• Shannyn

Shannyn · Married on 02/13/2016

Had a great experience with Mike. He listened to what we were looking for and our budget and provided us with various options that would fit those. He provided us some great insight on some resorts in the destination we were looking at, and was able to get us some awesome upgrades that we would have absolutely not been able to have had we not booked with him. Overall, our honeymoon experience was fantastic. I would definitely book with Mike again if we go on a similar trip. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Journeys of Excellence's reply:

Thank you so much Shannyn for the opportunity to work with you on what we consider one of the most important trips of your life. You both were such a joy to work with and it was a true honor to play a role in this special time of your lives.
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 06/26/2015

Mike was absolutely amazing. His follow-up was impeccable. He went above and beyond any normal expectations on the travel agent to ensure that us and I guess had the most amazing wonderful time! Mike has become our go to guy for all of our travel going forward from now on!

Working with Mike and Journeys of Excellence was a fantastic experience!! We never would have found the resort we visited (El Dorado Casitas in Riviera Maya, Mexico) without his recommendation and we certainly wouldn't have experienced the upgrades and added benefits of booking through one of the resorts preferred travel agents. Mike listened to our requests and how we described our perfect honeymoon and worked within our budget to suggest several options to us. He took care of all flight and car transportation - it was so nice in the middle of wedding planning to let someone else make the arrangements for the honeymoon. All we had to do was show up where he'd told us.
    While we were at the resort, we could see the difference in our booking experience and that of another couple who had also booked through a travel agent. Because Journeys of Excellence has such repor with this resort company, our room had been upgraded and was ready early (the other couple's was not).
    My in-laws worked with Mike behind the scenes to pay the balance on our trip - unknown to us. He worked with them to keep it a secret from us, and they were just as satisfied as we were to work with Journeys of Excellence.
    I highly recommend using Journeys of Excellence for any travel booking! They have the experience of visiting the locations they recommend and are professional and genuinely invested in your having a great experience.

Lauren · Married on 03/27/2015

Mike was absolutely amazing! He did a great job of matching our personalities to the perfect Honeymoon vacation in Mexico and also in our price range. He went the extra mile to make our trip one we will never forget. We really hope we can go back again for an anniversary and we will be booking through Mike. He also planned my bachelorette cruise and was a great help with making sure our rooms were close to each other and everything was organized. I would definitely recommend working with Mike to plan your anniversary or honeymoon!

Mike made our destination wedding totally effortless and carefree. Our entire guest list had a great experience working with him. Even during our stay and after, he continues to be there for us when we have questions. I would recommend Journeys of Excellence to absolutely anyone.

Grace · Married on 10/16/2014

We turned to Journeys of Excellence to help plan our destination wedding after interviewing several other agencies. What made them stand out was the “personal” care that we felt from the beginning. We worked with Mike and he truly took the time to get to know us. THAT made all the difference. Other agencies started right off trying to sell us their preferred resorts before even getting to know us and our dreams.
    Our wedding was PERFECT! The planning was stress free and Mike was so happy to answer any questions through the entire process. We always felt special. Mike’s knowledge was invaluable and if he didn’t know something, he always found the answer. After spending some time with us, he was able to find the perfect destination for our wedding and the perfect property. Mike’s team not only helped us with our travel arrangements, but was also always there to support communication with the wedding planner and resort. They even got us a double upgrade for our room AND so many other extras that we could never have gotten on our own.
    All of our guests loved working with Mike and his team. We received absolutely nothing but raving reviews from all of our guests, which was so important to us. Mike’s team was always happy to take our calls even after hours when necessary. They went out of their way to make everyone’s experience excellent. They picked the right name, when they chose Journeys of Excellence as their company name. You have earned our business for our lifetime. Thank you SO much for making our wedding a dream!!

Jenn · Married on 11/13/2013

Mike, his knowledge and his services went beyond our expectations. We were thrilled with his resort recommendations in Mexico. He arranged for us to visit a dozen in person on a visit last year. Airfare, transfers and accomodations were all taken care of and stellar. He is easy to reach and quick to respond. The level of service he provide is fantastic. Best of all, he expects that same level of service from the resorts, vendors and excursions he works with. Mike was there to walk us through the entire travel and destination wedding process. He was a true blessing to have by our side and I know that we had a flawless wedding because of him!

Mike has been such a blessing in our lives! It started over a year ago when we contacted Mike about our wish to have a destination wedding. Being the strong communicator and personable person that he is, Mike setup a Skype interview with us so that we could explain our destination wedding vision. Mike explained to us that he's not just a travel agent and that he specializes in top-level travel. Boy was he right. Mike researched and recommended several resorts in the Cancun area and sent us a VERY detailed Powerpoint presentation, highlighting each one. We knew he was special when we reviewed each property and came to the conclusion that he knew EXACTLY what we were looking for.

My wife and I decided that we wanted to visit a few of the resorts to ensure that we pick the best one for our needs. Mike set us up with a 5-day site tour where we visited 14 resorts in Mexico. Going above and beyond, Mike also set us up with an extremely knowledgeable tour guide who traveled with us to each resort, guiding us to ask the right questions. In the process, Mike booked us at the Excellence Riveria Cancun resort for an amazing price. We LOVED the resort so much and had an amazing time, even though we were down there to work.

Mike mentored us through our decision and made us feel confident that we were in the right hands. He went ABOVE AND BEYOND answering our questions, reaching out to resorts, and eventually seeking quotes for each of the finalists. Mike took excellent care of all of our guests and was majorly accommodating to each of them. Our wedding turned out like a dream and we have Mike to thank for a lot of that!

Mike is a top-notch travel agent who builds a strong relationship with his clients. We can stand here today and now call Mike a good friend in life who we can depe

Mrs. · Married on 09/21/2013

Beyond an unforgettable wedding, the honeymoon was our next most important expense. After tons of planning and saving for months the need to get away and enjoy our first days as husband and wife was extremely important to us. Mike really came through with his travel services. We gave him our budget and he took control of making sure we had a beautifully memorable experience in Hawaii for 12 days! His suggestions were perfect for me and my husband's personalities. We were able to do many fun activities and then rest in pure comfort and very elegant accommodations when we finally exhausted ourselves. The service and amenities at the resorts he chose were perfect and he budgeted our funds so that they stretched to meet our goals. I highly recommend Mike for any couple that wants to have the honeymoon they've always dreamed of without the hassle of planning, especially when you're going for longer than a weekend to a place you've never been and want to limit your risk of making bad choices. We will never forget our trip to paradise.

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2013

Everything was provided for me in great detail. My questions were answered in a very timely fashion. They were flexible and understanding and worked with me from beginning to end. I even received follow-up emails to make sure everything went as expected.
    Mike was the easiest travel agent to work with. I gave him what I wanted and he provided me with options. He told me he would book whatever I wanted to also provided me insight as to what may or may not work based on my requests. This was invaluable information. It made everything stress free and was by far the easiest of the wedding planning.
    I have passed his name on to several friends and will use him again in the future.

Susan · Married on 05/21/2013

Mike Whittaker from Journeys of Excellence (journeysofexcellence.com) made our wedding in Costa Rica magical. We truly had very little planning stress. My now husband and I only had to make decisions regarding (where to get married, where we wanted to eat, chocolate or vanilla cake, etc.) Everything was completely taken care of by the resort, with Mike's direction. Mike took the time to get to know us and recommended, not pushed, ideas our way. He always returned phone calls or e-mails and handled any questions about our trip directly with those in Costa Rica. My parents (in their mid 70's, my two college age kids, and us), spent one week in the paradise. Mike called the resort wedding planner to check up on how stay was going and if we encountered any issues. Everyone of his clients is treated like royalty. It was all beyond perfect. I have never gone out of the country, let alone get married in a foreign land. If you are looking for the perfect wedding location, please ask Mike first. He is the ultimate in romance get-aways. We are planning on returning next year to celebrate our one year anniversary. Thank you Mike.

Cynthia · Married on 01/12/2013

As mother/father of the bride...our daughter's dream destination wedding was exactly that; a dream come true! Mike Whitaker handled everything from start to finish and even the finest details in between.

Amy · Married on 01/12/2013

Well I don’t even know where to start….From the first appt with Mike from Journeys of Excellence until present he has been one of the kindest persons I’ve ever met. He was very understanding, informative, thorough, quick to respond, etc. Without having him help us with our Wedding / Honeymoon process I think we would have been lost. It was not only us that loved Mike, but all of our family and friends who attended. He was there for all of us with our million questions, and very patient with each and every one of us (right Mike?!) We were ecstatic with our choice / his recommendation of El Dorado Royale for our Wedding (week with family and friends) and our Honeymoon (week by ourselves) The resort still has left me speechless. It was very obvious that this resort carries a very high standard for quality. I could go on forever, but Mike you are our favorite (you already know) this was the best trip ever, and we cannot wait to work with you in the future and see where our travels will take us! Sincerely, Amy & Brent Cole

I am the "mother of the bride". My daughter chose to have a destination wedding. I was quite concerned, as I had never been to the resort prior to this. Also, my personality is such that I worry about everything. Mike, from Journeys of Excellence was the best in all regards. He listened to my requests and delivered above and beyond what I had hoped. He took his time with me and answered all my questions and concerns. He walked me through the entire process of the trip. He always took my calls, day or night, and made me feel as though I was his most important client. I cannot say enough about the service that he provided! The wedding was perfect! I recommend him to everyone!

Bridget · Married on 10/16/2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Mike from Journey’s of Excellence; I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a truly well rounded, travel professional. He truly loves travel, his enthusiasm was very apparent from the moment we met. We feel Mike is a different brand of travel agent. He has traveled extensively, making repeated trips to the resorts he recommends. If you recommends it, you can rest assured he has stayed on their property eaten in their restaurants and used the facilities. The resort we stayed at exceeded our expectations; it was far beyond what we had envisioned for ourselves. It was all he promised it would be and more. We went on several excursions during our honeymoon; this allowed us to see many of the other resorts located in the same area. I cannot stress enough that all the properties are certainly not created equal that was evident just by traveling to the main entrance of the resort to pick people up and drop them off for tours. My husband and I quite opposite when it comes to interests, Mike worked really hard to find a location that would appeal to the both of us. Mike went out of his way to be accommodating, always responding quickly (one of the emails I received was sent at 3:43am) and answering ALL of the questions we had (there were many). The service was wonderful and consistent through the whole experience. Journeys of Excellence is definitely way to go !!

Valerie · Married on 08/25/2012

We where so happy with everything Mike did for us. He really made our honeymoon a vacation to remember. He took the time to calm our minds about going to Mexico. He was even at the resort when we got there and because he had so many couples there he even gave us an amazing up grade. Thank you Mike!!!

We were recommended to Mike from Journeys of Excellence by chapel wedding coordinator. From the very first conversation, I knew we were in good hands. Mike listened to what we wanted to do and provided excellent choices within our budget. He was very responsive to phone calls and emails. Our Honeymoon was perfect just like the wedding. If you are looking for a great travel agency, pick Journeys of Excellence. We plan on contacting them again and again and again.

Jenne · Married on 06/21/2012

Mike bent over backwards to meet the needs of me and my guests traveling to my destination wedding. He forged quality relationships with everyone involved. We were fortunate enough not to run into any problems, but I know Mike would have handled it promptly and professionally. It was a perfect experience.

Randy · Married on 06/16/2012

I had no idea where to begin when planning our honeymoon. I wanted it to be a surprise, but this was my first time flying, planning a trip, everything. Fortunately, a friend told me about Mike Whittaker. Mike walked me through each step, genuinely cared about every detail I mentioned to him, and went above and beyond in planning our trip. He was very insightful and genuine, and always made sure that we were taken care of (leading up to, and during the trip). Without Mike's insights, connections, and efforts, we would have paid a lot more and gotten a lot less than what we did. I cannot recommend Mike highly enough to anyone who is looking to plan their honeymoon or any other trip. Without question, we will be talking to Mike for every trip we take in the future.

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2012

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with!! He went above and beyond on multiple occasions! Highly recommended!!!

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2012

Mike at Journey's of Excellence was more than accommodating. He answered all of our (many) questions promptly and thoroughly. While planning the honeymoon of our dreams, he took into account our budget and the amenities we desired and put a great package together for us.

I am the daughter of a pilot and being very familiar with travel, I have planned many of my own trips most of my life. It was an amazing experience to have someone who we trusted do that for us... we didn't have to worry about anything!

We're already looking forward to our next trip - and I've already asked Mike to start looking around for us, because you can be sure we're using Journey's of Excellence again!