Joshua Zuckerman Photography Reviews

54 | Brooklyn, NY

54 Reviews for Joshua Zuckerman Photography

From the first time that we met with Josh, we knew he was the photographer for us. He is warm and personable and so talented. He welcomed and encouraged any questions we had, even staying on the phone with me as I worked through every aspect of our wedding - months in advance. He was the only photographer we met with and it was by far the best decision we made.
    Our pictures, both engagement and wedding, came out beautifully. Josh has an incredible eye for candids and can capturing the exact feeling of the moment in a picture.
    We loved him so much, my sister booked him for her wedding this July :-)
    There aren't enough good things to say!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Erika · Married on 05/02/2014

Josh is an amazing talent! I am in love with my wedding photography. He captured the most important moments and emotions of the day. When I look through my photos I feel like I am reliving the greatest day of my life all over again! He is a professional and will deliver the best results possible!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Alexis · Married on 04/12/2014

Josh was recommended to me through a family friend and after the rave reviews from her, we hired Josh without hesitation. After we got the pictures back from our engagement shoot, I knew Josh was incredibly talented. Neither my husband nor I are very comfortable in front of the camera but somehow he managed to take some amazing pictures. He just puts you at ease when you're in his presence which is very important - especially on your wedding day.

And those engagement pictures were just the beginning! I recently got back the pictures from our wedding and we were thrilled. With each shot, my husband and I got to relive our entire wedding day. Our pictures are absolutely stunning and we couldn't be happier. Josh did an amazing job and thanks to him, we have a lifetime of memories to look back on. We were lucky to have worked with him!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Joshua's work is phenomenal. He does a fantastic job of capturing emotion and sentiment in his photos. He is extremely professional and provides timely responses. I absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2013

Josh and his team became part of the family throughout the course of our wedding day. He and his team were a pleasure to work with and managed to capture every moment we could have imagined! The pictures come out fantastic!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

I had experienced Josh's incredible work at my sister's wedding and it was a no-brainer to hire Josh for my own. We found Josh to be warm, inquisitive and caring. On the wedding day, he really captured the vibe of the party and the unique style of our New York City venue. We were thrilled with the photos and are excited to work with Josh in creating our wedding album. We recommend Josh to everyone we know!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Allison · Married on 08/17/2013

Josh was so much fun and so easy to work with.
    So far the preview pictures are impeccable- cannot wait to see the rest.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Sean · Married on 08/17/2013

We couldn't have been happier with Josh. Prior to the wedding he was great and really helpful. The day of, he was fun and easy to work with and helped keep the mood light before the ceremony - everyone in our wedding party said that when they got married they were going to use him. During the ceremony and party - we couldn't even tell that he was there. Most importantly the finished product was unreal, in the preview book that he gave us, he perfectly captured the night and all the important people involved. We couldn't be happier - his product helped crystalize all the great memories that we had from the night.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Sanjai · Married on 08/10/2013

Joshua is truly amazing. We had a very large, over-the--top, long, complicated Indian wedding and reception in a grand space in Brooklyn. Josh took the time to meet with us and to really understand the flow of our event and the most important moments of the ceremony. On our big day, Josh and his team were understanding, accommodating and encouraging. Our pictures are simply breath-taking and serve as the perfect reminder of our wedding. Josh's friendly personality, professionalism and keen skills with a camera are incomparable.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Justyna · Married on 05/04/2013

Josh was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was super easy going and had great energy which is clearly very important on such a special day. He was of course very professional and most importantly, his pictures are gorgeous. He made sure to capture all the moments we requested and what I loved is that he fit in seamlessly with the crowd so as to not make the moments feel too staged and posed. He provided the perfect balance of portraits with more impromptu special moments. His turnaround time was super quick and his responsiveness was excellent. Everyone loves our photos and so do we. We would 100% recommend him to anyone as he has a wide range and we loved working with him and continue to work with him on post wedding albums, etc.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Lenore · Married on 08/25/2012

We must have looked at hundreds of photographers for my daughter's wedding. She was looking for something very special and we definitely found that in Josh Zuckerman. His work is the most awesome work I have seen and he is the nicest,most easy going person to deal with. He answered all of our questions (and we had lots of them) and was extremely pleasant no matter what. I would highly recommend him, not only for his phenomenal work, but also for his phenomenal personality as well!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Alyssa · Married on 06/09/2012

Josh was the one vendor I had for my wedding that I have zero regrets about! His presence was calm and fun, and only added to the happiness of our special day. His creativity and keen sense of candid shots are the reason we initially hired him, and he came through 10 fold! Our coffee table book is to die for, and everyone we show says they have never seen a wedding captured in such a beautiful way where you can see what the family was feeling in every single picture. He got all the classic shots, but it was the unconventional shots that we are so very thankful for. We didn't even hire a videographer for the event because we knew Josh would give us more than any video could ever capture and we don't regret that decision. #1 recommendation for any bride and groom!

Sent on 07/27/2012
  • User2060540 · 2+ years ago

We loved working with Josh. We really liked the photos on his website and when we met with Josh we liked him immediately - he was funny and thoughtful and understood what we were looking for with respect to the photos of our wedding. He was also full of helpful advice for the planning of the timeline of the day. He scouted out our venue and the surrounding areas and found some awesome spots for photos on the day of the wedding. The pictures were amazing and we couldn't be happier with them. Josh is very talented and very creative!! He did a great job and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Abigail · Married on 01/28/2012

We loved Josh's style. His photos truly captures the story of the entire wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 12/17/2011

Josh was absolutely wonderful. He is bright, creative, responsible - a true professional and artist. He worked the entire time and even stayed about 30 minutes late (without charging me) as he was very interested in making sure several shots were completed. He had wonderful ideas - things I would never have though of. He took the most wonderful pictures of my dress and jewelry, but most incredible was his ability to capture people in action - our guests throughout the ceremony and reception, and the moment that my husband first saw me in my dress. Several people commented on how hard he worked, and how talented he was - and that was before they even saw my photo book! Josh was more incredible than I could have even imagined, and I knew he was excellent when I hired him. I didn't know him before I hired him. No one referred me to him. I saw his work when I was visiting a hotel to consider it for my wedding (I didn't choose that hotel) but a photo book was there of his - and it was absolutely wonderful. Josh was the first person I hired - I didn't even have a wedding date. I "reserved" him for several weekends before I picked a date. He was wonderful.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Emily · Married on 10/22/2011

Josh was our dream photographer in every way. We worked with him for an engagement shoot and then of course he shot our wedding as well. Before talking about the pictures (which were fabulous!), I would mention that Josh was great to work with - he was very professional and put everyone at ease immediately. He was responsive in the time up until our wedding. His work as a photographer completely blew us away. He has an eye for breathtaking shots and even made our formals look interesting and artistic. When we got our pictures back, we couldn't believe how many creative and beautiful shots he got. We don't have enough picture frames in our house to display all the pictures we love! I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed working with Josh and how thrilled we are with the end result. We would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who wants to love their wedding photos!

Sent on 02/24/2012

Molly · Married on 09/24/2011

Josh is the absolute best - not only does he take incredible photos, but he's responsive, professional and extremely easy to work with. He is very experienced too, which was great for us since he knew how to capture all the right moments without being intrusive. When I look at the photos now I can't believe he managed to be in so many places at once. His photos do more than record the event; they're artsy, emotional and a bit dreamy - just like our wedding was for us. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 01/06/2012

David · Married on 09/24/2011

JZ was great. We were looking for someone with who could get all the shots you'd expect but with a unique artistic eye. He and his assistants have an uncanny ability to get everyone in that moment where they're completely natural. We'd definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a high quality, low key, easy to work with photographer.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Jonathan · Married on 05/21/2011

Josh Zuckerman was/is a gentleman. First of all, he is an excellent photographer. His artistic style is memorable, distinctive and fulfilled all expectations. He is very easy to work with, artistically and financially. Only the best.

Sent on 01/06/2012

Erica · Married on 05/21/2011

Josh Zuckerman was wonderful! Both on an artistic and personal level, we enjoyed working with Josh. We feel lucky to have him as a part of our wedding and we look forward to using him for future special occasions.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2010

I cannot speak highly enough of Joshua Zuckerman Photography. I got married in August and when I look at my album today I can feel the emotions Josh captured in the photos. His attention to detail and artistic vision make him the best photographer for your special day. With his photos he can tell the story of your wedding day, from start to finish, and that is something you will treasure forever. Choosing Josh was one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 04/04/2011

Carmelina · Married on 06/06/2009

Josh really captures those special moments for you to look back on!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Rochelle · Married on 05/23/2009

Joshua Zuckerman was my perfect choice for my wedding photographer. Both my husband and I are THRILLED by our GORGEOUS wedding pictures (as are our family and friends). He was enthusiastic and totally into the green theme that I had created for my wedding. Working with him was a pleasure and he created outstanding pictures of our day.

Being a creative visual person, I knew I wanted someone who was like minded. I scoured the internet and looked at many portfolios and came upon a few very good choices.. and then I looked at Joshua's book... I chose Joshua because his photographs called out to me. Joshua's photographs reveal wonderful personalities filled with honest emotions. I wanted to meet the people in his photographs. His people come alive and appeared to almost pop off the page with their joy or laughter or tears or depth of feeling that Josh can so easily capture. His pictures are timeless. I thought I was looking at a Life Magazine instead of wedding photographs.

At this point I should also say that Josh photographed my sister's wedding the year before. When I saw her photos I thought they were the most GORGEOUS pictures I had ever seen... Her album was like royalty. I thought... who are these people, and then realized that they were my family!! When I was planning my wedding, at first I thought maybe I didn't want to use the same person as my sister... but portfolio after portfolio didn't hold a candle to the images that were on Josh's website and also the ones that he took at my sister's wedding.

So, I called Josh. But, I also wanted to make sure that I connected with him. After all having a photographer at your wedding is a bit like inviting a best friend or family member that you have never met! Plus, since they are going to be with you all day, you have to like having them around and feel comfortable with them. Josh's easy conversational style put me right at ease. He was comfortable with his talent and spoke to me like we were friends. He listened to my ideas and had great additional suggestions as to how to make the day go as I envisioned. I liked that he appreciated my concerns. He addressed them and helped me find creative choices for all them. I also got a sense that he would work great with my husband who is shy and not so crazy about having his picture taken. Bingo, I was right on.

At the wedding Josh arrived on time and professionally dressed. He has a great sense of humor and an ability to go with it all. He had great creative suggestions though out the day and thinks on his feet like a creative artist. Best of all, he felt like a best friend at the wedding, someone you feel easy around, someone who takes care of things, someone who added something special to the day. Everyone said what a pleasure it was having Josh take their photos. Josh has this ability to make you feel like you and your people are the most wonderful people and that your wedding is the most wonderful event - which in my case I think it was!. Working with someone so gifted and so into what you are doing and so delightful was a great experience that produced amazingly beautiful pictures.

One of my goals was to have a modern documentary style that was both creative, and soulful and something that would tell the story of my beautiful wedding day with honest loving emotions, and vivid personalities. I wanted the laughter, the tears, the sighs, the magic moments, the beauty of the day to be revealed easily, and I can tell you Josh provided that for me and more. Recommend Joshua Zuckerman for your wedding pictures - You bet I do! Rochelle Blank Zimmer.

Sent on 06/30/2009

M · Married on 04/18/2009

LOOK NO FURTHER THAN JOSH!

really. he was OUTSTANDING in EVERY way (you might want to grab a sandwich as there are MANY aspects of his fantasticness and i promise to not holdback my opinions.)

Being a photographer myself, i had looked at well over 200 photographers and his work always stood out ahead of the pack as dynamic, alive, fresh and new. I'd seen SO much 'wedding shlock' (slightly overexposed bouquets, over vignetted cliches, and just the same.... exact..... tone...... for ALL the weddings even though they were clearly very very different... i called them the 'acme wedding photographers') less expensive perhaps but nowhere near as creative, interesting, stunning, emotional and capturing as josh's work.

josh has an incredible ease and talent (genius? i sometimes fear that term is overused but in this case, it's truly well well deserved) and has an incredible eye and knack to capture the moment and then take it to an even better place beautifully, naturally, creatively, with a sense of humour and fun to it. none of his images looked fake or overdone... just fantastic, compelling and with a deep true soul to them.

We had narrowed down my search (as i was in charge of finding the photographer) and finally, after several months of research (really, crazy but true) ended up meeting with three.
    we met Josh last.

he immediately made us feel at ease. he's very laidback, knows his stuff inside and out and was just so open and nice and wonderful and solid (and funny) i just knew he was 'the one'. he let his work (which is so awesome!) speak for itself and truly took the time to let us get to know him openly and naturally.

On "The Day" there were absolutely no shortcomings whatsoever. He was phenomenal. In fact, i could not imagine our wedding without him. Our wedding (and yes I'm completely bias) was incredible and i really really really think that so much of that had to do with josh. he always made us feel comfortable. he was on time. beyond prepared. had such a great easy vibe/energy (which may sound super west coast of me to say but it is SO IMPORTANT to feel comfortable and it is SO EASY for that day to be a giant hot mess that it is CRUCIAL to feel at ease and know that you're in good hands THROUGHOUT it!) Josh took in the ever changing moods of the day with grace and ease and always kept it open and fun. Never forced or invasive.

We never felt judged, embarrassed, self conscious at any moment. And my fiance (who is very very shy) also always felt comfortable and entirely open around him and, as did i, trusted him implicitly. If josh had told us to lie down in the middle of the road we probably would as we knew it would have been a crazily amazing shot and we would have had a great time doing it.

it was so exciting and wonderful to have him there.

in fact, it seemed that he was magically always there yet completely unobtrusive at the same time (so many of our wedding guests commented on how unobtrusive he was). He made everything better.

Sent on 05/12/2009

Jen · Married on 07/26/2008

My experience with Joshua Zuckerman was amazing. He was recommended by a friend whose wedding he photographed. Our wedding pictures are gorgeous – he made everything look like it was out of a fairytale. Besides being able to create beautiful pictures that told the story of our wedding day, he did an incredible job of capturing all the little moments too. For example, he took a photo of me and my father on the dance floor that makes me cry each time I see it. (That photo is on his website).

I can’t recommend Josh enough. He’s very experienced and able to handle all situations in a laid back way. Before the wedding we met to go over logistics, timing and shot list, and he was very insightful in helping lay out a schedule. On the day of the wedding, Josh went above and beyond, was courteous and kept behind the scenes taking one amazing picture after the other. Thank you Josh!

Sent on 01/26/2010