Joshua Fernandez Photography Reviews

Joshua Fernandez Photography 7
  • Jessica

Jessica Wildey · Getting married on 12/13/2019

Such an AMAZING experience

Joshua was amazing! He took many different options with many different background variances that definitely made choosing our favorites difficult! He was so personable and made the whole time easy and relaxing. We didn't feel as if we were at a regular photo shoot as we spent so much time laughing and joking making the awkwardness of a photo shoot go away. Joshua stayed so upbeat even with the terrible weather we faced! It was terribly windy and cold but the show went on and we still got any absolutely amazing photo shoot!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Jennings · Getting married on 11/10/2019

Professional

The photographer was very professional. He was fun. He gave us helpful instruction on how to pose. Im not a fan of taking photos. I never took professional photo’s like our engagement photos before. He made me very comfortable. We loved the results.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Amanda · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Josh is AMAZING!!!!!! I think that taking great pictures is a skill that plenty of people have, however Josh's personality, professionalism and overall spirit stands him apart from the rest. I love working with a professional that loves their work, and Josh's passion for photography oozes out of him!!!! He made my engagement shoot seamless! Being our first time taking professional photos, I was worried my fiance would not be comfortable. Josh had the both of us chuckling and in a complete relaxed zone the entire time. Not to mention, my photos have me speechless!!! I literally want to make up another life event just for Josh to capture it! lol.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Meghna Lama · Married on 10/06/2019

Simply amazing

Josh was very warm and friendly from the moment I got in touch with him regarding our engagement shoot till the day of the shoot. He was very responsive through both emails & texts. My fiance and I were both nervous about the shoot as this was the first time for both of us but Josh made us feel so comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, our pictures came out great! We are so happy to have found him.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • · Married on 09/29/2019

Fun photo shoot!

My fiance and I did an engagement photo shoot and had a blast. I'm not typically one to do photo shoots, but Joshua did an excellent job in both guiding us through some shots, as well as encouraging us to have fun and do our own interactions while he captured the moments. He was also very up front with prices and time the process takes and was responsive to any questions we had. We got a 20 picture package and did our shots at Great Falls and they turned out fantastic. We are currently selecting our top 20 of best shots, and so far I am very happy.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Caitlin K · Married on 09/29/2019

Enjoyable Engagement Photoshoot

Josh is very responsive and very professional. He was giving us pointers while posing to improve our photos which was helpful. Josh has a very artistic eye and our photos turned out great!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Lindsi · Married on 09/21/2019

So talented, thoughtful, and hard working

My experience with Josh has been fabulous from the first conversation. He was thoughtful and helpful throughout the planning process, and was always very responsive and professional. The day of, he put my very nervous group at ease and was also so detail-oriented with how he instructed us, to ensure he got the perfect shots. My whole family and bridal party commented about how wonderful he was, and we have to agree. And the perspective - he is a true artist! Hiring Josh was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. You will be in great hands!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Vanessa · Married on 09/14/2019

Josh is a true Artist! He was able to capture the chemistry of the moment. I’m very thankful for the time he took to prepare me for the shoot and go over expectations. His attention to detail was obvious in the results of my images. The pictures have gone viral amongst my friends! Josh captured this iconic time in my life. These are the photos that I want to remembered by for generations and generations to come.

Highly recommended, a true professional!

Sent on 03/21/2018
    Joshua Fernandez Photography 8
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Winter · Married on 09/09/2019

Professional with a personal touch

Josh was a delight to work with this past weekend. I was the wedding planner hired for this wedding and he was a nothing but professional and extremely accommodating. He reached out to me a week prior to connect and discuss the itinerary. The day of the wedding he was on time, flexible and very generous with his ideas and talent not to mention open to suggestions!

• Meghan

Meghan Valdes · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Photos & Genuinely Wonderful Photographer

I fell in love with Josh's work while looking for photographers for our intimate backyard wedding. Right from the start, he was responsive, flexible, and kind, and worked with us to create a custom package to fit our needs. Both sets of our parents told us after the wedding that they were so touched by how kind and considerate Josh was -- and he seemed genuinely excited to get some of the best shots! And I love how he worked bride/groom shots into the flow of the night, periodically asking for my husband and I for a few moments but never taking us away from the party for too long. In addition to that, the preview photos we've seen are stunningly gorgeous and capture the energy and feelings of the day so well that it's like we're right back there. The minute we got them back, we shared them with friends and family and everyone was floored at not only how beautiful they were but how well they communicated the relationships between everyone there. Josh is a true pro and I'm beyond thrilled that we chose to work with him to document our wedding day. :)

Joshua Fernandez Photography 9
  • Margaret

Margaret Blueford · Married on 09/07/2019

Pleasure to Work With

I had the chance to work with Josh on a wedding this past weekend and I would highly recommend his skills! He attention to detail and desire to capture a perfect shot sets him apart from others. I was able to see a few photos that he took and they were truly great.

• I

Isabel · Married on 09/04/2019

Amazing!!!

Joshua did an extraordinary job!! He captured all our emotions in our pictures and, simultaneously, took cared of the backgrounds and artistic components, making the photos outstanding. His work is incredible and he is incredibly delicate and professional guy. We will definitely call him again for the next big day in our lives.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Cicily · Married on 09/01/2019

I can't say enough great things about working with Joshua Fernandez. From our very first communications over email and setting up a "getting to know you" skype session I was confident in Josh's ability to capture my (pretty specific) vision for our engagement photos. Josh really took into consideration what I wanted and used his artistic vision (and his camera) to make that vision a reality and the resulting photos are beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Josh took it upon himself to scout the location and make recommendations based on what he thought would work well. Josh was also amazing and fun to work with in the moment. My fiance went from not wanting to do an engagement photoshoot to wanting to do one with Josh every year for our anniversaries.

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Joshua Fernandez Photography 14
    Joshua Fernandez Photography 15
  • Lyn

Lyn Danielson · Married on 08/31/2019

Why would you compromise for anything else?

You’re getting married - you need engagement pictures to announce to everyone you are ...
    In a world of posers and just plain old tricksters... you dont have time nor the energy to deal with those kinds of “photographers”.
    Josh is professional and his work is spot on. He’s an excellent photographer all around. You can stop looking for photographers now. He’s your guy.

Sent on 03/29/2019

Sara · Married on 08/29/2019

Josh was amazing at capturing our special day! His photos are fantastic, and I love the way he edited the photos! Couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Victoria · Married on 08/26/2019

Flexible, Easy-Going

As someone who is not big on having her photo taken, Josh was great at making the experience easy, welcoming, and fun. He was exceedingly flexible and resourceful in using a local museum into a good shoot location. The photos look great and I would recommend him again for as a photographer for hire.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Amy K · Married on 08/26/2019

So, so great!

Josh is such a pleasure to work with! He is thoughtful, professional, laid back and knows just how to put his subject(s) at ease during the session to ensure that he captures the best possible photos of everyone. He took extra time to scout out an ideal location for our shoot and allow us to change outfits. What an excellent experience! Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Iva

Iva Mananquil · Married on 08/26/2019

Pick Josh!

Thank God for photographers like Josh! I had been searching around high and low for a photographer in the DMV area and being a cinematography vet, I was VERY particular about style, composition, and creativity. Well, Josh right here hit all three points and I couldn't pass up the chance to get my husband's and my photos done by him. We hit a little bump on the road for our initial session due to weather and lighting, however Josh was quick to reschedule and was very flexible with our availability. ALSO, his input on location, timing, and even recommended attire is what left me assured that our photos would turn out top notch. Now I have Josh to thank for giving my husband and myself the most difficult decision ever (and probably one of the first tests of our marriage)--narrowing down our favorite photos from our session! Do yourself a favor and hit him up. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Joshua Fernandez Photography's reply:

Hey Iva, thanks so much for the generous review. I'm glad our paths crossed given your limited stay in the DMV! I'm sorry we missed the first session due to weather but I'm also glad we waited. :)

Congrats on your recent wedding. There's so much ahead and we're all rooting for you! Hi fives to James!

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2019

Engagement photos

This experience with Josh was exceptional and I would recommend him to anyone with ears that could hear! This session did not feel like a photo shoot. It was more of a conversation amongst friends. Josh made us feel comfortable and truly enjoyed his time and words of advice. If I can’t say it enough, a million thanks to you!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Tracy · Married on 08/18/2019

Josh was fantastic to work with! Very responsive, accommodated a very quick turn-around request, and was highly personable and professional onsite. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Norm

Norm Kaufmann · Married on 08/18/2019

One of the kindest sweetest people we've met!

Josh was such a pleasure to work with. He rescheduled us twice without any hesitation when we had conflicts arise. He walked us through his artistic process, and made a concerted effort to get to know us BEFORE he helped us make artistic decisions for our engagement shoot. This was such a refreshing approach for us. Josh wanted to make sure he was truly capturing us on film, and that we would be relaxed, and comfortable in our own skin and outfits on film.

In addition to making us feel incredibly comfortable throughout the process, the final product came out stunning. There were small digital edits we knew we would need (due to an unfortunately slightly off haircut two days before our shoot!), and Josh was masterful with his touch-ups. We have such beautiful memories of our engagement thanks to Josh, and cannot recommend this sweet, patient, gentleman more highly!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Tamara

Tamara Austin · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing photography experience!

Working with Josh was such an amazing experience. He did a 40th anniversary couples shoot for my parents, and by the end of the shoot he was part of the family! Josh made sure my parents were comfortable and fully prepared for the shoot well in advance. The session flew by because we had a ton of fun, and I couldn’t ask for more in a photographer. So grateful we got to work with Josh!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Sharon

Sharon Dottin · Married on 08/10/2019

40th Wedding Anniversary Photo Shoot

Far from being a blushing young bride, I had my concerns when my “kids” gave the gift of a 40th Anniversary Photo Shoot to me and my husband. However, from the first “getting-to-know-you” phone call initiated by Josh, to the final click of the camera, he made every effort to put us at ease and to re-ignite that honeymoon glow. With his gentle guidance in setting up poses and then letting us do our own thing, the shoot ended up being a much more relaxed, and fun event than I ever could have imagined. Would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Roderick

Roderick Dottin · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Photographer! 40th Anniversary Photo Shoot

Josh has the eye for framing his subjects to get that perfect shot, all the while keeping them calm as he tugs them ever so slightly out of their comfort zone...a delightful experience!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Joshua Fernandez Photography 16

Chelcie De Almeida · Married on 08/09/2019

A little ceremony

Josh was incredible to work with. He has truly mastered his craft. His choice of gear is exceptional but the lens is merely an extension of his eye. It's an amazing thing to see beauty where the world projects normalcy. It was an honor and pleasure to have you shoot our Katb Al katib

Sent on 08/14/2019