Joshua Fernandez Photography Reviews

492 | Washington, DC

492 Reviews for Joshua Fernandez Photography

Sadof A. · Getting married on 04/15/2100

Absolutely fantastic photographer!

My sisters and I took photos with Joshua to send to our mother, and he made the whole experience so simple and fun! He gave great direction, was easy to talk to, and the final photos are gorgeous. You'll love both the experience and the final product with Joshua!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Amy L. · Getting married on 05/23/2027

Amazing, friendly and so much fun!

Joshua was just amazing, so friendly and great to work with. Very flexible with my schedule and had awesome ideas for the shoot. Was just a blast the entire time and I can not wait to shoot with him again!!!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Alex S. · Getting married on 04/05/2024

The perfect surprise proposal!

Josh was incredible to work with. He was an integral piece to a perfectly planned proposal. I was new to the city amidst the backdrop of the pandemic with nobody in my inner circle to help me plan. Josh not only helped me dream up the perfect idea but was in constant contact all the way up to the night of the proposal. He pretended to be a tour guide (part of the plan) and my partner could not have been more surprised. I highly recommend him for any of your photography needs, but he certainly stands out for a surprise proposal photographer. He was kind, gracious, patient, and supportive all the way through. He calmed my nerves and let me trust in the process. I wouldn't have changed a thing! Thanks so much, Josh. You helped create a night we'll never forget!

Sent on 11/14/2020

Cindy · Getting married on 12/15/2023

Got Exactly What I Needed

Josh was responsive, flexible, and easy to work with. I got the photos I needed; they were professional; and Josh's price was better than others.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Sara

Sara M. · Getting married on 06/01/2023

Josh is my go-to photographer for EVERYTHING!

I've been working with Josh for the past two years. He shoots for my blog, my company headshot, and hopefully my engagement photos (shoot will be soon). He is flexible if the weather is going to be bad and you want to shoot outside. He will help you on your creative vision and he will bring to life the aesthetic and vision board of your dreams!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Svea

Svea W. · Getting married on 04/01/2023

best couples photographer

Photo sessions with Joshua are always fun and relaxing, like hanging out with a friend! He makes you feel so comfortable, that even people who are not used to being in front of the camera get captured in their true spirit. His photography skills are excellent, as well. WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE!

Sent on 01/31/2021

Brooke P. · Getting married on 09/01/2022

A+ photos and personality

We've worked with Josh multiple times over the years to take photography for our Alumni Magazine. The quality and creativity of photos he takes speak for themselves. Not only is he a pleasure to work with, but he goes above and beyond making sure clients are comfortable and knowledgeable about what to expect at the photoshoot.

Sent on 02/08/2021

Julie M. · Getting married on 06/09/2022

Great experience!

Josh was great! He was professional and the photo's speak for themselves. I wasn't the one who organized it so I was on the other end of it, but he was very stealthy and cared a lot about making it a special experience for the both of us. He scoped out the area before and found beautiful locations to for us to take pictures. I would recommend Josh to anyone!

Sent on 07/10/2020

Caroline O. · Getting married on 04/07/2022

Amazing experience from someone who was on the fence about engagement photos

First off, working with Josh was AWESOME!! We had our photos with him this past Sunday, 11/22/20. I was someone who was very skeptical of getting engagement photos to begin with because I felt like so much of what I had seen just seemed cheesy and super staged. Additionally, my fiancé and I typically do not like having our picture taken. After a friend told me about Josh and after I viewed his work I knew it was the right fit. For us his photos had the warm, non-staged vibe we were hoping for. After our initial facetime, we felt even more comfortable, and once we met up and the photo shoot began Josh really made us feel comfortable having our pictures taken. Rather than just making us pose he had us have normal conversations between ourselves to catch photos of us naturally smiling and laughing together. We had so much fun working with him and are thrilled with how our two preview shots came out (super excited to see the rest!) I wasn't planning on using these photos for our save the dates, but I think I may change my mind. I think it is also important to note, considering COVID-19 is happening right now, that Josh took all precautions by wearing a mask and always keeping a safe distance from us. I highly recommend booking your engagement/wedding photos with Josh!

Sent on 11/25/2020
  • Nora

Nora H. · Getting married on 04/01/2022

Relaxed, easy, and fun!

Josh was great! I hate being in the spotlight but his laid back attitude, clear directions, and jokes immediately put me at ease. I never thought I would enjoy a photo session but with Josh I did!

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Andie

Andie · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Another great shoot!

I feel truly lucky to have met Josh. It is not often you meet someone with so much care to give you the experience you are looking for. I am very happy Josh shot our engagement photos and has now shot my maternity shoot. My husband and I were devastated to have to cancel our ceremony because of the pandemic but I am still so grateful to have these new memories of the start of our little family. I can't wait to show my son these photos when he gets older

Sent on 11/30/2019

Daniel J. · Getting married on 10/23/2021

A perfect engagement shoot!

The shoot was Josh was wonderful! He was collaborative, professional, and flexible with scheduling. I’ve already recommended him to a friend!

Sent on 03/19/2020

Molly B. · Getting married on 10/16/2021

DMV Photographer - expertise from booking to editing

Josh worked with me on a personal branding photo shoot and was very easy to work with. He was very flexible when we needed to reschedule and was able to offer recommendations on venue, time of day, and poses. His expertise was apparent during the shoot when making the subject feel at ease by guiding her through different poses and selecting additional nearby backdrops. I would highly recommend this experienced photographer for your next people-focused shoot.

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Kacey

Kacey T. · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Truly Wonderful!

Josh is such a talented photographer! I’ve worked with him several times, and each time has been a pleasure. He is prompt in responding to emails and texts and works with you to craft the right look for the shoot. He has a wonderful vision and makes you feel right at ease on the day of the shoot. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Philip

Philip H. · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Joyous moments

At first I was a nervous to take pictures for our wedding invitations because I knew the photos would last forever. But Joshua Fernandez quickly melted my frozen nerves with his warm smile positive enthusiasm.

His personable attitude connected with my family and I, making it more comfortable to take photos. And his professional courtesy ensured that he would get the job done efficiently.

I was emotionally moved when I recieved the finished photos, because not only did they look great! But I know when I am having a bad day, I can look back at these pictures and relive joyous moments.

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Kata

Kata · Getting married on 10/03/2021

Photography that resonates memories

Josh is personable, sincere, and an outstanding professional. He clearly communicated his vision for each photo and his kind direction allowed Katherine and I to enjoy the experience and feel in the moment, which reflected in the finished photos. Highly recommend Joshua Fernandez photography!!

Sent on 03/23/2020

Julie · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Great experience

Josh was great! He was professional and the photo’s speak for themselves. I wasn’t the one who organized it so I was in the other end of it, but he was very stealthy and care a lot about making it a special experience for both of us. He scoped out the area before and found beautiful locations for us to take picture. They turned out perfect! I would recommend Josh to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2020
  • Anthony

Anthony S. · Getting married on 09/10/2021

Josh Fernandez Review

Josh provided an incredible experience for my surprise proposal. Due to his professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility, and willingness to go the extra mile - our event turned out better than we could have imagined.
    Josh is extremely personable and truly cares about the people and moment he is capturing on camera.. which is very important.
    If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. Josh is the one!

From the moment we connected, he took the time to get to know me on a more personal level. This was important because he was truly trying to learn what I was looking for out of my experience and how he could execute it as well as possible...
    I proposed to my girlfriend on Federal Hill on Inner Harbor. Josh was extremely diligent in coordinating with me to get the right timing, location, weather, etc. He covered almost every detail and factor that could have gone into the surprise proposal. We communicated all the way until the moment I arrived to ensure that the session went as exactly as planned! I can't express how important this was to have him guiding me through the process, as there were already a million things going through my head.

The photos he captured were truly candid photos that are priceless and will last us a lifetime. We are forever grateful for this experience!

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn B. · Getting married on 08/12/2021

Excellent Brand Photoshoot for Service-Based Business

Josh took great care to make sure I had an excellent photoshoot experience for my brand photos for my service-based business. He took the time to take many photos of me in multiple outfits with a variety of different poses to ensure that he captured everything I was looking for. Prior to the photoshoot, I explained to him the professionalism that I wanted to be portrayed in the photos, and he captured it perfectly! I definitely recommend hiring Josh for all of your photography needs.

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Sandra

Sandra O. · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Best Photographer I've ever worked with

We look for photos that capture real moments of joy, honesty, and feeling. Josh has an incredible eye and is able to deliver on this in spades, seizing on opportunities to capture tenderness, meaningful hand placements, and the small minutia that communicate how people feel about each other. Josh is a very polished photographer and edits each photo for the maximum wow factor, and you just can't believe how good the photos come out. We wish we could have found Josh many years ago to take all our photos and you will, too!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Neha · Getting married on 05/10/2021

An all-rounder photographer

I first met Josh about 3 years ago when my then fiancee and I had a couple shoot. We loved working with him and his work, and I absolutely agree with what people have said in their reviews. This time, I hired Josh for my brand/product photography. He seamlessly transitioned from a wedding photographer to a fashion photographer. He did a fantastic job capturing my vision for my brand and products. I appreciated his suggestions and inputs, which led to several amazing shots. He always comes so well prepared and is very easy to work with. I highly recommend Josh not just for wedding/couples shoot, but for your other photography needs as well.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Matthew

Matthew D. · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Kennedy Center/Georgetown - January 5, 2021

I don't really think a review on any site can truly explain an experience with Joshua during a session. Coming into the shoot, I had little experience in front of the camera but he didn't sway away from that. He has a great eye for location and details that could be added to pictures. Joshua's greatest strength while working with him was his openness to suggestions. He urged us to offer thoughts and ideas which was great! I can only hope to shoot with Joshua in the near future. Mahalo!

Sent on 01/21/2021

Sindhu · Getting married on 04/10/2021

Anniversary photo shoot

Taking our anniversary photo shoot with Josh was so much fun. Setting up a schedule with him and getting the shoot done was such a hassle free experience. It was more like having a friend who is also a great photographer take our pics. He sent us a shortlisted set of pic from which we could choose. He gave enough time for us to go through and select further. He recommended good spots within the area we were shooting based on lighting and background. He understood the importance of our need for memorable pics.. the sentiment behind. I would definitely recommend Josh

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • N Hitz

N Hitz · Getting married on 04/04/2021

One of the area's best photographer for engagement, wedding, and maternity

We have been fortunate enough to cross paths with Joshua and had him capture some beautiful engagement shots and now even more excited to add maternity shots. He has captured almost every stage of our relationship from Fiance, newlyweds, to now parents-to-be. He is the most polite, prompt photographer we have worked with and is so easy going while still being professional. His styling of shots capture the unique natural essence of each couple and are very modern yet timeless at the same time. The other reviews speak for themselves, he is the best. I highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 05/01/2019