Joshua D. Colbert Reviews

33 | Myrtle Beach, SC

33 Reviews for Joshua D. Colbert

Ellen Watson · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Awesome arrangements!

My husband found Joshua on Gigmasters, and it was meant to be. We met with him before the wedding and he was very patient with us as we figured out the song choices for the wedding. He spent time playing a wide variety of songs for us, and he didn't hesitate when we asked for a special arrangement of one of our favorite songs. When he sent the demo over a few weeks before the wedding, it was a real dream come true! We are so happy that he was a part of our day and we highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 12/13/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Ellen! I really loved playing at the church and getting to know you and Mike. Best of luck!
  • Doug

Doug P · Married on 03/06/2020

Fabulous experience!

Joshua was prompt in communication, reasonably priced, and had musical suggestions that helped us greatly on our wedding day. Classical or pop type of options and the flexibility to even offer up a Rush tune for me and GOT theme! My wife wanted a cellist for the ceremony and we are very pleased that we were able to get Joshua for our special day, and you will be too. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan Yamasaki · Married on 11/05/2019

Beautiful Ceremony Music!

Joshua (cello) and his colleague (violin) were the PERFECT additional to our ceremony! It made our day extra special. Joshua is very talented and super responsive to requests. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Claire

Claire grievber · Married on 11/02/2019

Great music to add that something special to your wedding!

Joshua was very quick to respond to emails, easy to work with, and on time! He was the perfect "extra" we needed to make our wedding more intimate and special. I searched around and got quotes from several other professionals in the area, Joshua was by far the most reasonable, but also the best fit for our day! I'm so glad we found him!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Claire! I am happy to have been a budget-friendly professional for your beautiful ceremony. Best of luck!
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 09/07/2019

Beach Wedding

After having to postpone the wedding due to the hurricane, it was refreshing to work with someone that was so accommodating and easy going! Joshua and his colleague made our big day extra special and we got so many compliments on how beautiful the music was! A huge thank you to Joshua! We highly recommend him and his team to anyone looking to make their special moment extra special!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Camille! I think the weather was much better on us and the guests, so it was a good call to reschedule. It was a beautiful day!
  • katherine

katherine · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect for our intimate ceremony

I cannot recommend Joshua enough! I specially asked him for a slightly obscure song, that held an extremely special place in my heart for my dad and I. He spent time formatting the song to his cello. Thank you!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Katherine! I am glad I was able to arrange that for you and your dad; it was the least I could do. Best of luck!

Kelly King · Married on 05/03/2019

Wonderful!

Joshua was a fantastic addition to our intimate wedding. We were unable to have amplified music at our venue, so I started researching live musicians to play before and during the ceremony and Joshua had great reviews as well as a reasonable rate. He was prompt, professional, and played beautifully! You will not regret hiring him.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! It was great to play outdoors when it wasn't hot, and the intimate setting was a treat. Congratulations!
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 02/02/2019

Perfect for ceremony and cocktail hour

Very professional! Ceremony and cocktail hour were in separate rooms on separate floors so I worried about the hassle of moving quickly between events but it was flawless! I didn’t know many of the classical songs so I asked josh to pick the selections for me and it was great! Thanks you!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Marissa! I am used to carrying all my equipment so it wasn't a problem. Happy to be a part of your special day!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/10/2018

Professional and music was wonderful!!

Joshua was amazing to work with! Responsive and very easy - arrived on time and got setup seamlessly. Such a special touch to the wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing music

Our guests loved the music! We loved hearing it as I walked down the aisle. It made our special day that much better! We are so thrilled with your service and talent. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

livia · Married on 09/29/2018

Joshua, made our intimate wedding perfect. He is super talented and we loved his dedication. We would definately re-hire him.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2018

Josh was exceedingly professional - he was super responsive, made things incredibly easy by having plenty of song ideas, and quickly set up a contract and made payment via paypal very simple. I didn't have an event coordinator and so ended up dealing with a plethora of details in the moments leading up to the ceremony (including changing ceremony location due to rain) but it was clear that Josh had done this so many times that he needed minimal direction. He and the violinist (which he recommended!) pulled off a phenomenal performance. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! Your guests did not seem to mind the rain, and you did a great job without a coordinator. Congratulations!

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

Joshua was wonderful! We're so glad we went with him. The process was very easy and he was very accommodating, even halfway through when I decided we needed to add a violinist and change the music from traditional to contemporary. He was able to find someone quickly. On the day of, they showed up promptly, set up, and left without much direction needed. The music was beautiful and made the ceremony so memorable. We are so glad we went with him and highly recommend his services!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Brandon · Married on 04/07/2018

Joshua was absolutely wonderful. We had a few songs in mind but otherwise left the playlist up to him. Many of our guests commented on how great his addition was to the ceremony. He was very prompt with returning messages and was really easy to work with. We both highly recommend Joshua for your big day.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Brandon! It was a real treat to play at your venue, and your guests were very interactive which is rare but welcomed. Best of luck!

Eunice · Married on 10/08/2017

I highly recommend Joshua Colbert. He is professional and very easy to work with. His music during the processional and recessional of ceremony was exactly what we wanted - it really helped to create a classy and elegant atmosphere.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you, Eunice. It was a very lovely and elegant affair and I am honored to have been a part of it. Being indoors with a happy cello was an added bonus. Best of luck!

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

What happens when you have two ridiculous people getting married? You have to put high expectations on your vendors, especially the musicians. When I first contacted Joshua I told him "yes classical music would be fine." Within a week or so we had changed our mind and I was trying to figure out how Rush and Miley Cyrus Party in the USA would sound on Cello. Turns out- not too bad! He was willing to work with us and learn songs he will probably never need again to make our day truly personalized. I have no doubt there isn't a song he can't make sound amazing.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thanks so much, Danielle! I enjoyed learning new songs for you and am sure to use them again. The acoustics were great and it was a good day to play. Congratulations and best of luck!
  • Jayquellin

Julia · Married on 10/06/2017

Joshua was fantastic- super responsive & professional, and played beautifully! :)

Sent on 10/12/2017

Dana · Married on 09/16/2017

I am so happy we found Joshua Colbert to play as the solo cellist at my daughter's wedding at the Torpedo Factory in Ols Town, Alexandria, VA. He was quick to respond, had many helpful suggestions for our music choices, and was just a kind, patient and thoughtful person to work with. On the wedding day, he arrived early and played so beautifully. The music put it all together and made for a memorable and elegant wedding ceremony. I highly recommend Joshua Colbert's music services.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you so much, Dana! It was a welcome reprieve to play indoors at an acoustically vibrant and unique building. Your daughter was stunning and the whole ceremony was well done. Congrats to your family!

Matthew · Married on 05/28/2017

Joshua was absolutely spectacular. My wife and I wanted live musicians to play during our outdoor wedding ceremony, but we weren't sure who to select given the myriad of wedding musicians in the area. We are so happy that we selected Joshua to play at our wedding. We booked him along with a violinist, and both of them performed beautifully! Their skillful performance of Pachelbell's Canon in D brought tears to my eyes as I saw my bride for the first time as she walked up the aisle.

He was also so helpful along the way with selecting music for the day. He gave us recommendations, and we couldn't be happier with what he gave us. He was very patient as we took our time to select our musical pieces. His response time was also superb. He would always respond to our emails within a day. The ceremony music was the least stressful part of all of the wedding planning because of the great work that Joshua did! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Matt! Your venue has become one of my favorites, the setting was beautiful, and the weather held out. Congratulations and best of luck.

Mara · Married on 05/13/2017

Joshua did an amazing job in our wedding ceremony. He was very responsive and very helpful with picking out music selections! I would hugly recommend him!!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you so much! The acoustics in the hall were great, and everything was planned perfectly. Congratulations!

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2017

Joshua was a great addition to our intimate wedding ceremony. He was very responsive and accommodating. I'd highly recommend.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you Jennifer, and I'm glad the weather held out. It was a beautiful ceremony!

Holly · Married on 10/16/2016

Joshua was hands down AMAZING! I was uncertain what kind of music I wanted for the wedding, so Joshua actually came to our home to play for us. This was huge for me, as I am a musician myself and have never known any professional musician to go that far above and beyond to come to their home to play. He had such a variety of both classical and pop selections in his repertoire that it was hard to choose! When we got closer to the wedding weekend, Joshua was in constant contact to clarify our song selections. His recommendation of separating classical music as the prelude and then pop music for the ceremony music was brilliant - it truly set a separate tone for each stage of the ceremony and prepared the guests for the shift.

For the rehearsal, not only was he early, but very receptive to adapting his performance to fit our nontraditional wedding party size. During the ceremony (between tears), I was absolutely amazed that he was able to gauge my entrance perfectly to Elvis' "Can't Help Falling In Love" so that the music resolved and didn't feel unfinished. His rendition of "Happy" for the exit was perfect!!!

I would recommend Joshua wholeheartedly for any type of formal occasion, as his wide variety of repertoire spans all occasions. He really added some magic to our big day, and the level of service we received for the price was phenomenal. My husband and I are so thankful to Joshua for his talent and professionalism, and a number of guests commented about how much they enjoyed his music as well. I hope that you will consider Joshua for your event, as I truly believe that you won't go unsatisfied!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Holly! Your wedding was very beautiful and I am happy to have been a part of such an intimate experience. Best of luck!

Julie · Married on 09/30/2016

Joshua was wonderful to work with! He was very responsive throughout planning and was even willing to learn new songs for us for our ceremony. We received so many compliments about the music at our ceremony, I would highly recommend Joshua, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

Thank you Julie! The winery was one of my favorite places to play at, despite the last minute indoor changes. I wish you two the best of luck!

Cameron · Married on 08/14/2016

Joshua played at our outdoor wedding. He was incredibly kind, accommodating and perfectly professional. He basically eliminated the music from my list of "things to attend to" - providing music options for me to choose from for the ceremony, being incredibly prompt with responses, and initiating contact with me to confirm in the hectic pre-wedding chaos. He inspired confidence and put us at ease.

And for good reason! His sound is just beautiful - even better in person than his recordings - and he played for us with grace and aplomb despite being outside on a hot August day. His playing elevated our simple ceremony to something truly elegant. If you book Joshua as your cellist, you are guaranteeing a ceremony with beautiful music, absent of stress. I couldn't recommend him more highly! In fact, part of me is trying to think up other events I could host at which I might need a cellist so that I can book him again. Thank you, Joshua!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Joshua D. Colbert's reply:

You are very thoughtful Cameron! I don't get to the Eastern Shore much but I had such a great time with you in the picture-perfect ceremony. Despite the heat it was a fantastic day. Congratulations!

Joshua recently played Cello during our ceremony at Raspberry Plains and it was beautiful. He truly added a little something special to an already special and beautiful moment in our life. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for live music at their wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2016