Josephs Events Reviews

37 | Libertyville, IL

37 Reviews for Josephs Events

Amy Becker and · Married on 08/30/2013

We worked with Daniel from Joseph's Floral for our August 30th, 2013 wedding and we are so glad we did! Neither of us have much experience with planning events or flowers, and so we were unsure of what we would need. At our initial meeting with Daniel, he walked us through the different options, and then, after listening to who we are, painted a great picture for us of what might work. Every single piece from them was gorgeous - from the bouquets to the corsages to the table decorations. We had so many compliments on the table decorations!

We will be using Joseph's floral in the future, and will certainly recommend them to others.

Amy and Pablo

Sent on 09/04/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I were a little worried when it came to picking our florist for our wedding, but we are lucky enough to have been recommended to Daniel at Joseph's. Daniel was very open and honest with us about the ideas we had about flowers coming in, and willing to tell us when something would/wouldn't work but always gave us other options and never left us out to dry. He was very flexible when it came to what we wanted and what we were supplying. The company delivered and assembled all of our decorations for the church, the bouquets, and the centerpieces and they all looked absolutely flawless. Thanks so much for all the wonderful work Josephs!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Sinee · Married on 05/25/2013

Our flowers were gorgeous for the wedding. We worked with Jill at Joseph's. She was a delight to work with and very flexible. My wedding colors had changed and she had no problems with matching the bouquets to the new dresses. Our chuppah was exactly what we had visioned and wanted. Jill took the time to really find out what what we wanted for the wedding. My orchid cascade bouquet was marvelous. 4 days later, and it's still unwilted and in full bloom. Their flowers are very high quality and on top of it all, Jill really worked to fit within my budget. I look forward to buying from them in the future, and getting a chance to see Jill again. I highly recommend Joseph's Florist.

Sent on 05/29/2013

We worked with Daniel for our wedding flowers, and I was very pleased with the results. During the planning process, Daniel made good suggestions of what would work well with our colors and locations. He was familiar with our ceremony and reception sites, so that helped. On the day of the wedding, the girls’ bouquets were beautiful. The clutches of flowers they made for my mother and mother-in-law to carry were very nice and happened to match my mother-in-law’s dress perfectly. The guys’ boutonnieres were perfect, and they looked nice all day. No wilting boutonnieres at the reception! Daniel did a great job of respecting our budget and giving us the most “bang for our buck.” We did a combination of high and low centerpieces for the reception, and they were gorgeous. I enjoyed working with Daniel, and we were very happy with the quality of the product and service from Joseph’s Florist. I would definitely recommend this florist to others!

Sent on 01/27/2013
  • W

Jackie · Married on 11/03/2007

Delivered flowers on time to right locations which allowed us not to worry about any problems.

Daniel was also very flexible in discussing payment plans to work out the best way to get all the flowers we wanted within our budget.

They were also very creative and helpful in the design of the table even though we decided to buy some of the materials on our own since they were much cheaper.

Sent on 12/29/2008

Krissy · Married on 08/26/2016

3.5

Daniel, from Joseph's Events, was born to arrange flowers and decorate for weddings. He has impeccable taste and is amazingly talented. I will be honest, I was a little nervous that I hadn't told Daniel enough about what I wanted the space to look like on the day of...but it didn't matter one bit. After meeting with Daniel twice, he knew me, and the vision I had for our wedding. He is phenomenal and I would absolutely recommend Joseph's Events!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2010

The customer services was SUPERB! They made my vision into a reality and did not have any mishaps. Very sweet people to work with. Most importantly, they were honest.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Anne · Married on 08/15/2009

I really enjoyed working with Joseph's. Choosing the florist was probably the most difficult decision I had about vendors because I spoke to a number of different florists that all seemed great. I eventually chose to work with Joseph's because I liked the fact that Jill was willing to give me feedback on what worked and what didn't while other florists just said yes to my every request. I was not disappointed because Jill read my mind and created perfect arrangements. Everything was very professional and I didn't have a single worry on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Stephanie · Married on 08/14/2010

Daniel was so creative and imaginative when we first met that I just had to use them. We did high arrangements on some tables and low arrangements on most. He made them all fill the room great and look beautiful.

He also made an incredible placecard table arrangement and the bouquets look great up against all the dresses!

Top notch service!!!

Sent on 09/08/2010

3.5

My wedding flowers were absolutely stunning, they were better than any of the inspiration photos that I showed Daniel in the planning process. Daniel is not as responsive/organized by email as I would have thought, but when we met in person he was very easy to work with. My flowers were creative and exactly what I wanted - I really loved them! Joseph's did a great job and I would definitely work with them again on other events.

Sent on 07/20/2013

3.0
      3.0

If you work with Joseph's for your wedding, you will be in good hands with Daniel. Some parts of my review are not as stellar as they could be... My main contact for all of my planning was not with Daniel, but he is the one that carried my wedding flowers and decor through the day of. He was also working several other weddings the SAME day, and instead of making me feel as if he was pressured (I'm sure he was!), he made me feel very secure and confident that everything would get done just how I wanted. And, he delivered!! Everything was beautiful.

My only beef was during the planning process, my main contact took often 2 weeks to respond to my emails (this was not Daniel). There was one time where this person responded about a specific payment question I had literally weeks after I asked, and it was now the day before payment was due. Just not great communication.

Other than the correspondence issues, I was very happy with Joseph's and would recommend them.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Julie · Married on 03/11/2017

1.0

Josephs was recommended to me by the venue and also by an acquaintance. I have no doubt that they have done great work in the past. Unfortunately by experience was frustrating. I was extremely hopeful because of the recommendations. Unfortunately, the florist I met with took over five weeks to email me the proposal, that was after a few emails from me. I let her know the budget, and the proposal more than twice what I could afford. I believe that they didn't want my business because I couldn't afford that much. Who knows? I wrote a review already, but that one somehow disappeared.

Sent on 04/09/2017