34 Reviews for Joseph Lin Photography

High-Res Images (2)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
34 Joseph Lin Photography Reviews

Joe is the BEST!!!!! It's a month after the wedding and our guests are still talking about how amazing our photos are. Joe somehow managed to be completely out of the way, yet at the same time capture every single moment. We love Joe's style - which is much more natural and candid than most wedding photographers we saw. We also used Joe for our engagement shoot which was a great way to get comfortable with taking pictures and posing. We LOVE his work and both of our families want to book him for future siblings weddings already!

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you found Joe, look no further!

Before we even booked our wedding venue, I had told my now husband that the most important vendor was going to be our photographer. After all, the only thing you’re left with after the big day is photos!! So you can imagine how critical I was as I spent weeks reviewing close to 100 different photographers over a year before our wedding date. I came across Joe along the way, and when I saw his portfolio I knew immediately that he was the one! We had emailed several photographers, but when we met Joe we didn’t even bother meeting the rest, and we were lucky to have booked him so far in advance as he is definitely in demand. When you meet Joe you can’t help but notice how hilarious and warm his personality is, which is absolutely key when you’re considering a wedding photographer. He immediately put us at ease, and made what could otherwise be a very awkward experience of having your photo taken a lot of fun! You will not find a better photographer for your wedding, especially if you don’t want the same boring posed photos. So many wedding photographers have the same style, but Joe is truly one of a kind. He is a fine art photographer whose work belongs in a museum! Every picture he takes is so interesting, beautiful and truly unique; we already have several engagement photos that we’re thinking of printing to hang on our wall. We have heard from numerous friends and family members that our photos are the most beautiful they have ever seen. We just received about 100 photos for our wedding sneak peak, and are so excited for him to send us the rest! We are so lucky to have worked with Joe and he’s truly become a friend to us in addition to bringing our wedding to life in a way we never thought possible.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hiring Joseph as our photographer was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding! The sheer volume of photographers available can be very overwhelming... so I will break down some of the many reasons why I loved him so much. 1) from the outset, Joseph’s photos stood out to me— everyone he photographed looked like they were having a blast! His ability to capture candid moments is unbelievable— we received 1000 photos and ALL of them were album worthy. 2) His personality... given that your photographer will be by your side all day, you generally want someone you like. Joseph is fun, kind, professional, hysterical, and talented all at once. It sincerely was such a pleasure to have him by my side all day. He made me feel relaxed and made sure everything was such a breeze! 3) his photos were timely and beautifully edited. Downloading them was seamless. 4) he made my husband (who does not like photos) feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He also was never in the way and we often forgot there were two photographers taking photos of us! And finally, 5) even after the wedding was over, Joseph went above and beyond for us, helping my husband put together a surprise album for my birthday. I could go on about this exceptional person, but I think you get the point. We recommend him very strongly, without any reservations.

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums

Joseph Lin is amazing! He was so helpful and attentive through out the whole planning process. We were running way behind schedule the day of our wedding but he always had a backup plan. His attention to detail is spot on and he makes you feel comfortable and relaxed while taking photos. Our engagement photos came out beautiful and I cannot wait until we get out wedding photos back! Thank you Joe!

Profile Picture Keri, 5/28/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

It doesn't get any better than Joseph Lin!! From the moment we met him we loved him. He is so talented, genuine, and his positive energy is contagious! He loves what he does and really cares about his clients. He goes above and beyond making you feel like you are his only client. The day of our wedding he was a rockstar. He seamlessly directed everyone (without being pushy) and made sure we got every shot we wanted. He was always there capturing every intimate moment and little detail of our special day! We couldn't be happier with how our photos came out. We are so grateful we had Joseph Lin capture our wedding day and we will treasure our photos for a lifetime!

Profile Picture User7212899, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe photographed our small, private wedding in 2013 and he did such a beautiful job we hired him again to do our bigger reception a year later. We've had several vendors comment that the wedding photos he took are the most beautiful they've ever seen, and imagine how many wedding photos vendors see! Also, I'm a wedding photographer so this was one of the most important elements for me and one I was pretty picky about.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I found out about Joe through a friend. She had him as her photographer at her wedding. Saw the pictures, we booked an appointment right away, and the rest was history.

First time meeting him, we immediately felt at ease. I was comfortable enough to even give him a hug first time we saw him! We had gone through a few photographers before Joe but our meeting with him different. He was the first one that did not try to sell his pictures to us unlike the others we've interviewed. Instead he wanted to know more about us as a couple... and was actually interested at hearing our story! It was a no-brainer. This guy was as easy-going as us, he's super funny, we shared similar interests, and last but not least - he takes great pictures!! After the interview, I gave him another hug, and we booked him as soon as we could.

We could go on and on raving about his work: how awesome our engagement pictures turned out to be, how professional and friendly he (and his second photographer also named Joe) was to our friends and family during the wedding...but obviously you'd know that by now reading the other reviews before ours.

We gave him a 5 star not only because of his talent and professionalism, but also because he is honest (he's not afraid to give his own opinions and inputs regarding your requests), he gives great direction (for all you camera-shy couples out there, have no fear! he'll make you look good on your pictures!), and not to mention he has a great sense of humor =) People need to realize it's not just the photographer's pictures you should look into, but also how you get along with them. But I don't know how anyone could not get along with this guy unless they're living under a rock. We could not thank him enough for being there for us on our special day but better yet, he is now one of our good friends! Not all newlyweds can say that about their photographer! We love Joe Lin!!!

Profile Picture Gwen, 2/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe was an amazing photographer - flexible, engaging, and so incredibly talented. We loved taking both our engagement pictures and seeing our wedding pictures. Our engagement pictures were taken around Manhattan and our wedding was outside at winery in the Hudson Valley. Even with the dramatic differences in landscape and lighting, we felt like Joe capture the essence of each place we were at, the occasion, our relationship, all our friends and family at the best moments, and all the fun we had. Couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/13/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Searching for a photographer was one of the hardest things we did during the wedding planning process. We met Joe Lin at a Bridal show in Manhattan and just from a quick glimpse of his work (in a fast paced show) I wanted to be sure to get his brochure so I can look into his work. Again, after one glimpse of his webpage - I fell in love with his work and couldnt wait to meet him. Once we met, it was no question that we wanted him to be our photographer - his personality was just awesome. After seeing all the pictures from our engagement shoot and wedding, we couldnt be happier with our choice. He was an absolute pleasure to work with - fun, extremely professional, very passionate about his work, and he captures beautiful (and I mean gorgeous), in the moment, natural pictures. He really is an artist and his pictures really do tell an awesome story (he seems to live his life to the fullest, truly appreciates it, and knows how to capture it all on camera). We would recommend him to everyone. Check him out - you'll be glad you did. =) - E.H.

Profile Picture Eliza, 9/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words cannot describe how beautiful Joe's work is. His eye and artistic sense are incredible - he managed to capture moments and emotion from our day that we'll forever treasure. In addition to the stunning photographs, Joe was an absolute pleasure to work with. We recommend him to all of our friends who are in the process of planning their weddings, as we truly do feel that he made our wedding even more special that we could have ever imagined. THANK YOU JOE!

Profile Picture Kellie, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe is an amazing person to work with! We originally were leaning towards another photographer but after speaking with Joe, his knowledge and the candid conversation we had with regards to wedding photos (i.e. what to look for) really showed his experience in the field. He showed us weddings he photographed from start to finish rather than just focusing on highlights and we saw that there's a lot of detail and work put into every shot.

During our engagement shoot, Joe went out of his way to get to know us and make sure we were comfortable (since it isn't everyday that we have couple photoshoots and we aren't crazy about PDA!). We haven't taken a ton of photos of ourselves in the 8 years we've been together, so I was anxious about the results. The photos were incredible and I was so happy to share them with everyone we knew. After then, we jokingly agreed (but were somewhat serious) that we should have couple shots done on a yearly basis with Joe! We definitely couldn't get enough! We especially loved the candid photos he took during our wedding. Joe really understood our personalities and was able to capture the most important moments of our day. He is an easygoing and fun person to be around so it made our experience infinitely enjoyable.

Profile Picture Krizia, 9/3/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have not written this review yet because I knew that once I did it would be a long one. Joe was 100000000% the best vendor decision I made, hands down. I was completely satisfied with all of my vendors and they were all great, but Joe was above and beyond. I actually randomly came upon him from a wedding showcase that I went to so I had no word of mouth recommendation and had to go with my gut. I am so glad I did.

Photos and Skill: Joe is an amzing photographer. You can just see this from his work. Not only does he get the shots you ask him for, but he adds his own professional and artistic (but not too artsy) touch to every single one. Joe and his assistant didn't miss a beat during the entire day. From the moment they arrived at our hotels, to the church, to in between time, to the reception, they were there, but they were not in the way whatsoever. I can't tell you how many of my family members and friends kept going on and on about how he got every sinlge shot, he didn't miss anything..and this was all before they ever even saw the photos themselves. When you see the photos yourself, you are blown away. I have been told by two brides that got married before my, they had photographer envy. The shots are beautiful and words can't describe them. The color, the angles, the lighting, everything is perfection. I didn't buy albums in my package becuase I didnt want to commit to the $ upfront, but I will go thru Joe when I actually get around to deciding which are my favorite shots because there are too many.

Personality and Professionalism: Joe made my entire wedding day go smoothly. He wasn't the DOC, but he knew everything that was going on. He made sure that we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. He made me feel calm when I was nervous, he communicated to his assistant photog who was already at the Church when we were running late so that everyone knew what was going on. He monitored the time in between the Chruch and Reception and when we were getting close on time, he made suggestions and knew exactly where to take us to make it back to the cocktail hour with time. He handled my large and sometimes non-coopertive bridal party and made them actually want to take pics..he knew exactly how to treat them. He was there when I wanted him there and he blended into the background when he needed to. Perfection.

I would recommend him over and over again. I got lucky with this one!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

After meeting Joe for the first time, we knew right away we wanted him as our wedding photographer! He is able to capture so much emotion in his work, which is important especially for such an emotional day (your wedding!). In addition, he's a ton of fun! He had a number of great ideas for our engagment session as well as on our wedding day. We couldn't be happier with his work. My husband and I would certainly recommend Joe for your special day!!

Profile Picture Sharon, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe and his team were amazing! Responsible, hardworking and great to get along with! He arrived 1 hour early and stayed well beyond the original agreed upon time. His team blends right in and you barely notice they are at the wedding. But they are! and are extremely hardworking not wasting a minute - everyone was so impressed at how many pics they took! Best of they, they are just great pple to be with, fun, nice, flexible and easy going but they know their stuff and direct you when you need help for the best shots possible. Highly recommend Joe Lin!!

Profile Picture V, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joesph lin and his team were great to work with. Beautiful pics.

Profile Picture Fred, 7/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband & I couldn't have been more pleased with Joe & his work. When we began looking for a photographer, we decided we didn't want someone who just took highly choreographed portraits, but someone who had a more photojournalistic style. Someone who could capture the emotions in the instance of a moment. Joe was always punctual, professional, and personable. He was completely open to our suggestions. Our family and friends were very impressed with how he worked and more so the beautiful photographs that developed. The photos from both our wedding ceremonies and the reception were everything we had hoped for. We truly enjoyed working with both Joe & Sam and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Joy, 6/24/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

There isn't enough room on this page to say all the nice things there is to say about Joe. Not only is he a genuinely nice person he is an EXTRAORDINARY photographer!!!
Throughout the entire wedding planning process this experience was by far the least stressful and most enjoyable thanks to Joe and his wonderful personality. You always feel good just being in his presence.
The moments he manages to capture in his photographs are breathtaking and you will surely regret using anyone else in the business!

Profile Picture Lamina, 5/22/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe was amazing, from our engagement photos to the wedding day he was wonderful to work with and provided amazing photos. So many people were impressed by him and the second photographer (also named Joe) The bridal party especially were amazed at their work and on the day of the wedding how they never missed a moment. Every wedding has things that go on that most people miss but not Joe he was there for everything! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing photographer!!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

All I can say is Joe Lin is AWESOME! He deserves a 10 our of 5!

Profile Picture Michele, 3/11/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe was hired as our Wedding Photographer but through the process of working with him became a good friend. He is enthusiastic, caring, and wants to ensure each picture he takes captures the day as much as the bride and groom. Joe shot both our Engagement photo shoot and Wedding day and we were THRILLED with all of the memories he gave us. The moments, expressions, and actions he captures truly brings the photos to life and helps tell a story of each and every special detail of the day. We know we will cherrish these photos for the many years to come. He is an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE to work with and is truly talented!!! -Alyson & Ryan

Profile Picture Alyson, 10/23/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe is the best photographer I have ever met.
He is very professional and fun to work with and has really great ideas.
His photos are amazing
I will never use another photographer

Profile Picture karen, 10/15/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a great time with Joe, he really made sure everything was well planned out on my wedding date. Everyone loved the pictures and i loved the fact that he was able to capture each special moment during the whole day.

Profile Picture Jeanie , 10/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joseph was perfect! The pictures are amazing, and I am so glad i went with him. His energy combined with his great eye really captured everything on my wedding day, better than I could have ever hoped!

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/18/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joe is amazing! He is so friendly and easy going. Whatever you need he will help you with and work with you. Everyone that sees my final pictures are amazed by them. I LOVE them. He is quick to respond to your emails, his prices are well worth it for the service and everything that you get. He is very professional. I would recommend him to do another event and maybe when we have kids have him take professional pictures of them!

Book him while he still has availability. YOu wont regret it!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 9/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe is absolutely great. He is very good at listening to your requests. The most impressive thing about Joe is his creativity. He gets a feel for your personality and creates art that is so you!!! He is both professional and very personable. Both our engagement and wedding pictures were absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Everyone who attended my wedding on August 29, 2010 are still complimenting Joe's work!!! Each time we view our pictures its like reliving our wedding day!!! He created the most awesome guest book as well that included images from our engagement shoot,so creative and so us!! Our guests loved it!!! Joe worked really well with our guests,the team at our venue and us. The only sad thing about our wedding day is knowing that Joe was finished with our wedding,it felt like loosing a friend,because he is such a joy to be around and work with. If your looking for a photographer who is creative and whose team will capture every precious moment of your SPECIAL DAY,Joe is your guy!!!

Jeanine Daniels