Jose Almeida Photography Reviews

Jose Almeida Photography 6
Jose Almeida Photography 7
  • Vivian

Vivian Griet · Getting married on 05/26/2019

Talented and gracious- deserves 10 stars!

I wish I could rate more than 5 stars for Jose! He is the best and we are so honored to have the pleasure of working with such talent!
    We had to find a new location for our engagement shoot the day before our appointment with Jose due to the week-long nonstop rain, even on the day of the shoot, it poured. My fiancé who's in the Navy flew in from San Diego for the shoot that weekend so we did not have the option to reschedule for a day later that week. We ended up choosing the beautiful Longwood Gardens as the alternate location. Jose was just so gracious and accommodating to our schedule despite the additional 1.5-2 hour commute- one way- to get to Longwood. He was so full of energy, upbeat and fun, which made us feel relaxed and comfortable from the beginning. He provided guidance on how to best position ourselves for certain pics- his eye for capturing detail, and beautiful scenery within each shot is just amazing! He climbed on rocks and in between bushes and trees to get that perfect angle! He worked efficiently and quickly to take as many outdoor photos as he could before the skies opened up. We all got drenched anyway and had a good laugh! Jose captured everything just perfectly, with a mix between posed and candid shots of us laughing, acting silly and just being ourselves. Thank you Jose! After seeing our engagement pics, we are absolutely certain we made the right choice of photographer to memorialize our wedding day!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Vivian, Thank you for those kind words! I had such a great time with you and Timothy at Long Wood Gardens. It was a little wet that day but we made the best of it and got some great photos. Looking forward to your wedding this upcoming May!! Thanks again for that awesome review!
  • Tracy

Tracy Clemente · Married on 10/19/2018

The last person to worry about on your big day!

I am not just writing this review because I should. I am writing this review because it is well deserved. Jose, let's face it, is amazing! He is punctual, professional and listens to exactly what your vision is and captures it times 10! Our joke about Jose was you wont see him during your wedding because hes too busy hiding in a bush to capture "the" moment. You wont just have regular posey pictures you will have your moments captured. Jose felt like he was apart of our family and he honestly was the last person I had to worry about on a day that could be so stressful. We highly recommend Jose not just as a photographer but an artist.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Tracy, thank you so much for this awesome review! I had an amazing time at your wedding and glad I could capture the memories of the day. Both you, Ray, Cali and all of your friends/families were a pleasure to work with.

James · Married on 09/29/2018

When we started looking for a photographer for our wedding we looked at a bunch of different websites to check out some of their work. We immediately fell in love with Jose’s style and knew he was the person we wanted to document our wedding day. Our phone conversations leading up to the big day were great. Jose made us feel very comfortable as we discussed all the details. We live in NC and our wedding was in PA so we met with him a few months before the wedding on location to go over timelines, shot locations, etc. He made sure that he knew exactly what pictures we wanted and what we were looking for. The day of the wedding Jose and his second photographer Jerry were everywhere capturing things we would never have even thought of. We even went offsite with our bridal party to take some shots. He kept us on schedule, and got some great shots that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. His photos are magical and we could not be more pleased with our decision to use JCA Photography. If you are having your wedding in the Poconos/North East PA/NJ/NY area do yourself a favor and check out his work at https://www.jca.photography/. You will fall in love just like we did. Jose, we cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Jose Almeida Photography 16
    Jose Almeida Photography 17
    Jose Almeida Photography 18
    Jose Almeida Photography 19
    Jose Almeida Photography 20
    Jose Almeida Photography 21

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

James, thank you so much for those kind words! It was a great day and we had so much fun. It was a pleasure to work with you, Kendra and all of your families and friends.
  • Justin and Cassandra

Justin and Cassandra · Married on 09/08/2018

Jose took our engagement photos and is planning to take our wedding photos next year! He is very talented and we really enjoyed the photos that he took for us. He worked with us very well and we got along great with him! He was even open to all of the photos that we really wanted that we showed him from Pinterest! We are super excited that he will be shooting our wedding photos!! We can't wait for him to join us in on our special day!

Kelli · Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely amazing experience working with Jose. He was an incredible photographer for my engagement photos and my wedding. I will be using him for every event/photo opp to follow.

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Jose Almeida Photography 27
    Jose Almeida Photography 28
    Jose Almeida Photography 29

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you Kelli for those kind words! It was a very fun day and was a pleasure to work with you and Connor. :-)

Aliana · Married on 08/25/2018

Jose arrived on time with amazing energy he was very flexible especially considering we were running behind. He kept busy exploring the area around the venue (since we weren't ready) finding the best places to take our photographs. He was well organized and adapted to the tone of our wedding. Jose was really knowledgable and easy going. To make things even better our photos were delivered super quick it gave me whiplash! We absolutely loved them and definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Aliana, thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words!! I had a great time working with you, Dan and all of your family and friends :-)

Marshall · Married on 08/19/2018

Jose Almeida was the perfect choice for photographing our wedding day. He is a brilliant artist, dependable, and considerate. He has all of the right equipment to professionally capture the most important moments. He was always on time and organized every time we met in person or over the phone. He did a brilliant job of being reverent for an Orthodox Christian wedding– capturing the most important elements while not drawing attention to himself. We really appreciated how laid-back Jose was while maintaining a professional and relatable demeanor. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you for that awesome review! I really appreciate the kind words!! I had a great time and really enjoyed the days festivities :-) I am happy I could be a part of both yours and Mara's special day.
  • Z

Zina · Married on 08/10/2018

We knew Jose would capture our wedding moments beautifully and we were not disappointed! The pictures are absolutely amazing. He has an exceptional talent and an pleasure to work with! Mariah who worked with him that day, was also great! They were professional and friendly! Thank you for capturing moments that we will treasure for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Jose Almeida Photography 30
    Jose Almeida Photography 31

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you Zina for such an awesome review. I very much appreciate it the kind words. It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding day and capture the days special moments!! Thank you again!

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Thank you for all your wonderful work with our photos, everything came out great. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa! It was a pleasure working with everyone and I really enjoyed being part of your big day. Look forward to working with you again in the future.

Adam · Married on 04/28/2018

Jose has an incredible talent, and did an amazing job at our wedding this past April. We found him online and he was quick to respond, communicated clearly, and was very receptive to our requests and ideas. His photographs are amazing, and my wife and I couldn't be happier for all his help before and during our wedding. He used the landscape to frame beautiful shots, even in the wind and rain of the Poconos, and provided us a very nice mix of light and dark, black & white and color, and serious and funny photos from our big day. He got some great ones of our dog, too.

Even when he had a family emergency pop up that potentially conflicted with our wedding date he went out of his way to arrange another local photographer as a stand-in, just in case he wasn't able to make it. He did make it, and we are so grateful for the time and effort he put in. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for that review Adam. Both you and Kim were awesome; including your family & friends which were a pleasure to work with. Thanks again for allowing me to be part of your big day and capturing it all! I had a wonderful time!

Nastassia · Married on 12/30/2017

Jose is awesome! Love our one year anniversary pictures and birthday pics!
    -Anna and Steev

Jose Almeida Photography 32

Michael · Married on 09/30/2017

Jose was a fantastic photographer for our engagement photo shoot and wedding. He has many qualities that make him both great to work with and a gifted photographer. Jose is a very pleasant person and laid back, which was especially important during all the stress of the wedding day. He has the ability to make you feel comfortable, which makes being photographed a lot more natural and fun. When my wife and I first met him, we were impressed with his attention to detail; our wedding ceremony was different than the norm, but Jose took time to look up details about the wedding service and talked with us to have a thorough understanding of how the day would go. Jose provides shot request lists which made it easy for both him and us to be on the same page in terms of what photos we really wanted to get. Jose was quick to respond via text or email and was willing to work around our schedules to do multiple pre-wedding meetings. Jose possesses a strong desire to have everything done right, and he is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you get the photographs you want.

As a photographer, we were drawn to several aspects of his style. He isn't intrusive when taking pictures, but also does not hesitate to grab your attention if he sees a good shot to take. Another thing we liked about Jose is that he doesn't shy away from indoor shots. Many of the photographers we met were reluctant to work with some of our indoor requests. Jose was up to the challenge and produced many wonderful pictures without the need for natural outdoor light. Our outdoor pictures were fantastic too, but keep in mind that you need a photographer who can shoot any moment...and that's Jose. Another aspect of his style we enjoyed was Jose's eye for catching candid moments. He is good at spotting the beauty of a smile, a laugh, a tear.moments that just can't be posed.

To sum up: Jose is professional, easy going, gives good structure if you need direction, and a fantastic photographer.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words Michael! You and Amber were a pleasure to work as was your whole family and friends. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your special day and capturing those great moments.

Kate · Married on 08/06/2015

If you are looking for a photographer that will capture all the moments you wished for and hundreds you didn't even think of, then I highly recommend Jose Almeida. He respects and understands the importance of his role. His presence is unobtrusive, yet friendly. And his eye for candid, beautiful moments is that of an eagle. If you are looking for a top notch photographer that is passionate about his art, then look no further. Jose Almeida is a true professional! My husband and I can't recommend him enough !