Jose Almeida Photography Reviews

27 | Bushkill, PA

27 Reviews for Jose Almeida Photography

Lance Bisesar · Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing, helpful, listens, and can sure take pictures!

Jose was amazing. I was totally nervous and stressed out for my proposal. Keeping it a secret was priority! Jose was really easy to speak to, listened well, took perfect instructions and made great suggestions. He lent a helping hand in preparation and was undetectable during the shoot! A+ guy, and A+ service. And the shots, everyone loves them! and he turned them around very quickly. Helped make the moment timeless.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Lance, it was my pleasure and everything worked out perfectly :)
    Everyone was super friendly and so easy to work with as well.
    Despite the wind you pulled it off!
    Thank you for the kind words!

Jose
  • Jenn

Jenn Evans · Married on 12/21/2019

Best decision we ever made!

Jose was amazing! A true, genuine soul with immense talent for capturing detail. His pictures tell a story.. they are works of art. I was looking for photographers and came across Jose. The picture I saw is what sealed the deal. My now husband knew on the spot that he was the photographer for us. Not only was he so nice at the time of booking, but in person, he was even more so. On our day, it rained and Jose braved that weather and captured the most spectacular photos that I am still in awe over them. If you are looking for a good-hearted, talented photographer that will treat you like one of his friends; Jose is the one for you.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Jenn, I so really appreciate those kind words. We had a little rain but we made that best of it and such a great day it turned out to be. You and Rob were willing to be a little adventurous and we captured some wonderful moments. It was so much fun photographing your special day . All the best to the both of you . Thank you!!
  • Emily

Jerry · Married on 10/26/2019

Jose is an amazing photographer with a unique ability to connect with and understand his clients

When wedding planning, one of our first priorities was finding a photographer with a unique style with whom we felt comfortable working with. Neither of us feel particularly comfortable behind a camera so it was important to us that we find someone who could still work with us and capture all of our moments. Jose is an incredible photographer, but you can see that from his portfolio. Just as important though, he takes time to understand you. From our first meeting, Jose made it his goal to understand what type of art resonates with us, both as a couple and individually. Jose photographed an engagement shoot, our rehearsal dinner, and our wedding day. The product of his work reflects that understanding – Jose “got us” – and that, we both cannot stress enough, is so important when it comes to having someone photograph such an important day in your life. The moments and memories he's captured are invaluable to us and will be treasured all our lives. We would recommend Jose without reservation – If he’s available for your date, you’d being doing yourself a disservice not to reach out and have a conversation with him. We genuinely look forward to working with him again in the future!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Thank you, Jerry!
    What an awesome day it was at the Pump House!
    You and Emily were great and despite a little rain everything worked out perfectly. I really appreciate the amazing words you left here but it's the both of you including your friends/families that made the day so special. It was an absolute pleasure to be part of your big day! Looking forward to the next time we work together!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2019

Best Photographer!

Jose did an incredible job capturing our special day! All of our guest won't stop talking about how much fun he was. Jose really tried to connect with everyone while taking timeless photographs. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work through all the planning with, including all the way up to the end of the night. His service is well worth your money! He isn't just a fantastic photographer, he also, will be a great addition to your special day. I know he will capture your day, in such a way, that you will relive it every time you see the photos.

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! I had an awesome time working with you and Nick on your wedding day. The whole day was very easy going and a lot of fun. Thank you again for this awesome review!
  • Laura

Laura Smith · Married on 10/12/2019

A Class Act

Where do I even begin! When it came time to pick a photographer for our wedding I was extremely overwhelmed! There were so many choices and I honestly did not know where to begin. I started researching online and thanks to many great reviews I reached out to Jose. From the very first phone call my fiancee and I had with Jose we knew he was exactly who we were looking for. He listened to all of our concerns and was very connectable! We hired him right after our first call!

We live in Bensalem and our wedding was in the Poconos so we had to meet essentially via phone most of the time. This was never a problem! We had so many amazing phone calls with Jose who continued to reassure us and answer all of our questions. Jose was so quick to reply via text as well with any questions we had. About a month out Jose took time to personally meet us on the weekend at our venue to discuss things in person. To say that he goes above and beyond for his clients is an understatement. There truly are no words to describe him!

On the day of the wedding he showed up and the room became even more excited as we knew some of the moments we were sharing getting ready were going to start getting captured!

Everyone including my guest praised Jose and Shawn (his partner photographer). It was like he was everywhere at one time but was never in the way. I felt so comfortable with him and so did my entire bridal party.

He stayed the entire night and captured the most incredible moments. His artistic eye is truly wonderful. After the wedding the communication did not stop, he continued to answer questions and worked so hard to get us our first look at the pictures quickly which is amazing considering we got married in prime wedding season. HIS WORK IS BEAUTIFUL! My husband and I could not believe the quality and care he took in every little detail including a personal handwritten letter thanking both of us for letting him photograph our day. It is us however that should be saying thank you to Jose for his incredible work and the moments that he captured for us.

My husband and I both feel that we made a friend in Jose and he is someone that we will never forget! We already are talking to him about a maternity shoot when we become pregnant.

I recommend Jose to anyone and everyone who would ask, I feel so blessed to have had him for my wedding day!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Laura, thank you so very much for the kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Greg on your big day! So many beautiful moments were captured on your day and I was honored for letting me be a part of it all.
  • Trisha

Trisha · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and personable

Jose is such an amazing photographed and he I also very personable, which was something I was really looking for. I could not ask for a better photographer who actually gets to know you and has such a passion for doing this! I love working with Jose and I cant wait to work with him more in the future !!! I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for someone who takes the time to get to know you and loves their job!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice words. It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you and Steven. Looking forward to your big day coming up. It will be a lot of fun I am sure! Thanks again!
    Jose

Alyssa · Married on 09/21/2019

You NEED Jose Almeida to Take Your Wedding Photos

When we first got engaged, one of the vendors my now-husband and I were most anxious about booking was the photographer. After all, that person would be responsible for capturing the moments of the most important day of our lives for us to look back on. We reached dead end after dead end with photographers that either didn’t respond to our inquiries or were wildly out of our budget. We were really disheartened…until we found Jose Almeida Photography. Jose responded to my email asking to meet up and talk within hours of me sending it, which was the first “green flag.” When my sister/maid of honor and I met with Jose (my husband was out of town on business at the time), we instantly knew from his professional yet warm demeanor that he was going to be the person who would document our big day.
    Jose is truly talented, and his keen eye and ability speak for themselves. He is able to artfully capture moments that are somehow both spontaneous and poignant. His photos encapsulate raw emotion, ranging from the sheer joy of our first kiss as husband and wife to the unadulterated enjoyment that comes from dancing the night away with friends and family. The description that our guests repeatedly used for Jose was “rock star.” There wasn’t a moment that passed without Jose snapping a picture of it. There is no way to describe our wedding photos other than stunning. Jose Almeida is the consummate professional, an amazing photographer, and kind hearted person who I cannot recommend adamantly enough to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Kayleigh · Married on 08/31/2019

Jose was the best!

Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful our photos were almost two months later. We had so many good ones that it's been really tough narrowing it down to a small enough number to share/print. From our engagement photos in a state park to our wedding in a planetarium, his shots were beautiful with a dramatic flair. We got a ton of different fun shots and double exposures, absolutely gorgeous portraits, and the family photos and candids were great. Throughout the whole process, Jose was professional, friendly, and very easygoing. He was on-time, responded quickly, and delivered photos well above my expectations (for a very reasonable price!). The photos were delivered in a nice memento box with a handwritten note - a nice touch. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/17/2019

Would definitely recommend!

We are so happy we chose Jose Almeida to be our photographer! From the moment we met him he made us feel like friends. From our engagement shoot to our wedding he was very professional but also flexible to work with us. I am someone who doesn’t like to be the center of attention especially in pictures and he made me and my husband feel at ease. We LOVE the way our pictures turned out and he really captured the entire feel of the wedding day and night. Your wedding day goes by so fast and you almost forget to take a second to look around and with these photos we’ll have those memories forever!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Stevie-Ann O'donnell · Married on 06/15/2019

O'Donnell Wedding

I have to say my now husband was resistant when it came to choosing a photographer as he is NOT a photo person, hates posing. When seeing family and friends photos and the poses they made during their wedding it made him even more skeptical. I came across Jose and I fell in love with his portfolio not only because of the artistic quality of his pictures but that he seemed to capture more moments rather than forcing poses, and that he did! Every aspect of my wedding was captured in his photos as candid shots, which we loved! My husband and I could not have more pleased with our photos and Jose in general. He took time to search around our venue to find the perfect place to take pictures of us allowing us to leave our reception for a short duration to capture individual photos and even the photos he did take of us posing were elegant, classy, and timeless. For my husband to be impressed and love our photos speaks volumes to the work Jose will bring to your wedding. Even the gift box he gave us with all our photos was a symbol of the quality and time he gives to his clients. I would recommend him for all my functions. We are not engagement photo people either and now he is using that portion of our wedding package to take photos of our new addition to our family, our daughter. He is amazing and professional!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for those wonderful words, Stevie! It was a pleasure working with you, Terrence and all your family and friends on your wedding day. The day was perfect and everyone was really friendly which made for a great day. Thanks again!
  • Vivian

Vivian Griet · Married on 05/26/2019

Talented and gracious- deserves 10 stars!

I wish I could rate more than 5 stars for Jose! He is the best and we are so honored to have the pleasure of working with such talent!
    We had to find a new location for our engagement shoot the day before our appointment with Jose due to the week-long nonstop rain, even on the day of the shoot, it poured. My fiancé who's in the Navy flew in from San Diego for the shoot that weekend so we did not have the option to reschedule for a day later that week. We ended up choosing the beautiful Longwood Gardens as the alternate location. Jose was just so gracious and accommodating to our schedule despite the additional 1.5-2 hour commute- one way- to get to Longwood. He was so full of energy, upbeat and fun, which made us feel relaxed and comfortable from the beginning. He provided guidance on how to best position ourselves for certain pics- his eye for capturing detail, and beautiful scenery within each shot is just amazing! He climbed on rocks and in between bushes and trees to get that perfect angle! He worked efficiently and quickly to take as many outdoor photos as he could before the skies opened up. We all got drenched anyway and had a good laugh! Jose captured everything just perfectly, with a mix between posed and candid shots of us laughing, acting silly and just being ourselves. Thank you Jose! After seeing our engagement pics, we are absolutely certain we made the right choice of photographer to memorialize our wedding day!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Vivian,
    Thank you for those kind words! I had such a great time with you and Timothy at Long Wood Gardens. It was a little wet that day but we made the best of it and got some great photos. Looking forward to your wedding this upcoming May!! Thanks again for that awesome review!

Jorge · Married on 05/25/2019

Nothing less than perfect

This is who you want photographing your wedding or any other special life event. Attentive, responsive and will capture your most precious candid shot memories. We asked Jose to just have fun and capture events as they happened without really posing. That's what he did and the results were nothing less than perfect.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 05/16/2019

Wow....Simply Amazing Photographer

Well, where do we begin? We hired Jose for our wedding and from the very beginning he was very professional and easy going. We explained what we were looking for, but because we seen his work on Instagram (we encourage you to look him up) we immediately knew he was the photographer we wanted. We loved his photos and style from the moment we saw them. Okay, so now fast forward to our big day. Jose was very punctual. In fact, he was there a couple hours earlier which made us feel at ease. Timing of photos was perfect and his vision is just so creative. Jose blended in as if he were family. He captured every single moment. We must admit some moments of our wedding were a blur, but when Jose sent us the photos we were able to relive that day. Jose is extremely talented and isn't your ordinary photographer. His shots are fun, energetic, emotional and filled with joy. His photos surpassed our expectations! We were even asked if we hired more than one photographer! He's so quick in shooting different angles you will think there is more than one photographer on site. His photos tell a story and the fact that he made our wedding day so special means EVERYTHING to us. He will deliver exactly what you want. This isn't his hobby. This is his life, his passion, his expertise. Jose we cannot thank you enough for contributing in making our day so perfect. Thank you for celebrating with us and capturing the moments we did not get to see as well as the moments we did see. We will cherish these photos forever.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

My work could not be possible without all the amazing couples I work with. You and Richard are no exception and you two were such a pleasure to work with. From the beginning when we first met via the phone until your big day which was so much fun! Filled with laughter, tears and a lot of dancing! Thank you for this awesome review you left. I really appreciate the kind words. Thanks again Sabrina!

Courtney · Married on 12/15/2018

Highly Recommend

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a photographer to hire Jose. Jose was wonderful the day of, and I had multiple guests comment on how nice he was. I don't consider myself a very photogenic person, but Jose made the process easy. I received a USB with all of the photos within two weeks (much faster than I had anticipated) and the results are amazing. My family has commented that they have too many great pictures to pick from. To top it off, Jose's prices were the best I was able to find. Overall, Jose is wonderful to work with, takes beautiful photos, and is fairly priced.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney for those nice words. It was so easy to work with you and Ark on your big day. All of your families and friends were so nice and a pleasure to work with. I really appreciate the support :-)
  • Tracy

Tracy Clemente · Married on 10/19/2018

The last person to worry about on your big day!

I am not just writing this review because I should. I am writing this review because it is well deserved. Jose, let's face it, is amazing! He is punctual, professional and listens to exactly what your vision is and captures it times 10! Our joke about Jose was you wont see him during your wedding because hes too busy hiding in a bush to capture "the" moment. You wont just have regular posey pictures you will have your moments captured. Jose felt like he was apart of our family and he honestly was the last person I had to worry about on a day that could be so stressful. We highly recommend Jose not just as a photographer but an artist.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Tracy, thank you so much for this awesome review! I had an amazing time at your wedding and glad I could capture the memories of the day. Both you, Ray, Cali and all of your friends/families were a pleasure to work with.

James · Married on 09/29/2018

When we started looking for a photographer for our wedding we looked at a bunch of different websites to check out some of their work. We immediately fell in love with Jose’s style and knew he was the person we wanted to document our wedding day. Our phone conversations leading up to the big day were great. Jose made us feel very comfortable as we discussed all the details. We live in NC and our wedding was in PA so we met with him a few months before the wedding on location to go over timelines, shot locations, etc. He made sure that he knew exactly what pictures we wanted and what we were looking for. The day of the wedding Jose and his second photographer Jerry were everywhere capturing things we would never have even thought of. We even went offsite with our bridal party to take some shots. He kept us on schedule, and got some great shots that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. His photos are magical and we could not be more pleased with our decision to use JCA Photography. If you are having your wedding in the Poconos/North East PA/NJ/NY area do yourself a favor and check out his work at https://www.jca.photography/. You will fall in love just like we did. Jose, we cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

James, thank you so much for those kind words! It was a great day and we had so much fun. It was a pleasure to work with you, Kendra and all of your families and friends.

Bonnie · Married on 09/15/2018

I recently had a small ceremony and wedding reception in the Poconos, and Jose was my photographer for the events.

I live in California and planned my wedding from a distance, and I found Jose to be extremely responsive, organized and detailed. Planning an event without direct, local access to a venue or vendors can be difficult, but I had no issues at all communicating with Jose regarding my needs. We were able to put together a shot list and I had two phone calls with Jose before the trip, first as an intro and then to go over a timeline and what to expect. This really helped me to organize my wedding day as well!

When the big day came, I met Jose in person for the first time and he was very easy to work with and helped make a crazy day so much fun. I received SO many comments from family after the event (before the pictures even came out) about what a great experience they'd had, how impressed they were with the pace of the photos, and how much effort Jose had taken to get the shots.

I can't recommend Jose enough - and I could go on about my experience, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves! Amazing work and such talent!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words Bonnie! I really enjoyed the whole day and how everything came together so nicely. It was a pleasure working with you, Matt and your family members.
  • Justin and Cassandra

Justin and Cassandra · Married on 09/08/2018

Jose took our engagement photos and is planning to take our wedding photos next year! He is very talented and we really enjoyed the photos that he took for us. He worked with us very well and we got along great with him! He was even open to all of the photos that we really wanted that we showed him from Pinterest! We are super excited that he will be shooting our wedding photos!! We can't wait for him to join us in on our special day!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kelli · Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely amazing experience working with Jose. He was an incredible photographer for my engagement photos and my wedding. I will be using him for every event/photo opp to follow.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you Kelli for those kind words! It was a very fun day and was a pleasure to work with you and Connor. :-)

Aliana · Married on 08/25/2018

Jose arrived on time with amazing energy he was very flexible especially considering we were running behind. He kept busy exploring the area around the venue (since we weren't ready) finding the best places to take our photographs. He was well organized and adapted to the tone of our wedding. Jose was really knowledgable and easy going. To make things even better our photos were delivered super quick it gave me whiplash! We absolutely loved them and definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Aliana, thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words!! I had a great time working with you, Dan and all of your family and friends :-)

Marshall · Married on 08/19/2018

Jose Almeida was the perfect choice for photographing our wedding day. He is a brilliant artist, dependable, and considerate. He has all of the right equipment to professionally capture the most important moments. He was always on time and organized every time we met in person or over the phone. He did a brilliant job of being reverent for an Orthodox Christian wedding– capturing the most important elements while not drawing attention to himself. We really appreciated how laid-back Jose was while maintaining a professional and relatable demeanor. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you for that awesome review! I really appreciate the kind words!! I had a great time and really enjoyed the days festivities :-) I am happy I could be a part of both yours and Mara's special day.
  • Z

Zina · Married on 08/10/2018

We knew Jose would capture our wedding moments beautifully and we were not disappointed! The pictures are absolutely amazing. He has an exceptional talent and an pleasure to work with! Mariah who worked with him that day, was also great! They were professional and friendly! Thank you for capturing moments that we will treasure for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you Zina for such an awesome review. I very much appreciate it the kind words. It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding day and capture the days special moments!! Thank you again!

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Thank you for all your wonderful work with our photos, everything came out great. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa!
    It was a pleasure working with everyone and I really enjoyed being part of your big day. Look forward to working with you again in the future.

Adam · Married on 04/28/2018

Jose has an incredible talent, and did an amazing job at our wedding this past April. We found him online and he was quick to respond, communicated clearly, and was very receptive to our requests and ideas. His photographs are amazing, and my wife and I couldn't be happier for all his help before and during our wedding. He used the landscape to frame beautiful shots, even in the wind and rain of the Poconos, and provided us a very nice mix of light and dark, black & white and color, and serious and funny photos from our big day. He got some great ones of our dog, too.

Even when he had a family emergency pop up that potentially conflicted with our wedding date he went out of his way to arrange another local photographer as a stand-in, just in case he wasn't able to make it. He did make it, and we are so grateful for the time and effort he put in. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for that review Adam. Both you and Kim were awesome; including your family & friends which were a pleasure to work with. Thanks again for allowing me to be part of your big day and capturing it all! I had a wonderful time!

Nastassia · Married on 12/30/2017

Jose is awesome! Love our one year anniversary pictures and birthday pics!
    -Anna and Steev