Jose Almeida Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Elise
    Elise F. Married on 09/25/2021

Why is Jose so Awesome?!?!

If you want the best, most authentic and beautiful wedding photos, Jose is your guy. His lighting choices, flexibility and laid-back approach made our day so, so special and felt like no one else could have captured it the same way. He was willing to climb over rock walls to capture our waterfall dream, and accommodated every thought we had, while reminding us of our timeline. Our friends and family loved having him be a part of our day (as did we!) and could not be happier with the end result. Stunning photos, almost too many gorgeous ones to choose from.

Elise!
    Loved working with you and Sean at the Ledges Hotel
    It was a perfect day, beautiful location and you guys were great!
    Thanks again for the kind words!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra T. Married on 09/18/2021

Great experience!

Jose was professional, timely, and our photos turned out great. Not everyone in our family loves having their picture taken and Jose made everyone feel comfortable. We highly recommend Jose for ANY occasion!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

It was my pleasure and thank you for letting me be part of your special day. Both you and Joe were amazing to work with.
    All the best to you both
    Jessica L. Married on 09/10/2021

10/10 without a doubt!

there are truly no words to describe just how amazing jose is! choosing him to be our photographer was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. i’m
    probably the least photogenic person in the world and yet jose was still able to capture such BEAUTIFUL images. our wedding day went by so INCREDIBLY fast and i was afraid i was gonna miss seeing all the little details of the day..well thank god jose and his partner michelle were there to capture EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL..i can’t thank them both enough for making our day so special and so perfect. i have absolutely not one single complaint about either of them! i most definitely will be recommending them to everyone i talk to! engagement shoot ✔️ wedding✔️ next up will be a maternity shoot with them hopefully sometime soon! 🤞👶

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much :-)
    You and Kyle was an absolute pleasure to work with and I cannot wait to work with you again! Thank you for the kind words as they really mean a lot.
  • John
    John G. Married on 08/07/2021

Above and beyond

From setting up and planning all the way until the last picture was taken, Jose was incredibly professional and flexible throughout the entire process! Jose went above and beyond our expectations capturing beautiful pictures while also respecting our time.

He came with another photographer who was also very professional and helpful! What we loved was that the second photographer brought was also a visionary and took control just as much as Jose.

The results were OUTSTANDING and even better than expected. Jose captured intimate moments we didn't even remember and the entire night was well represented in his pictures. Action shots, staged shots, candid shots.. You name it we got it! TRUST JOSE'S PROCESS. You will not be sorry :)

I cannot recommend his service higher!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

John, you and April were pretty awesome to work with and the day moved along so freely. It was a pleasure to be a part of your big day.
    Thank you for the kind words and it's couples like you that make me love this profession like I do.
  • Mario
    Mario C. Married on 05/31/2021

The Art of Photography: Jose Almeida

Your wedding day is one of the most important events within your lifetime. There is more than enough pressure to have everything go perfectly throughout the day. Although you will never forget your wedding, you will want to look back and share the photos with families and friends.

We chose Jose Almeida to be the photographer for our wedding due to his incredible volume of work that is in his portfolio. I knew he had the eye for capturing and framing shots that take your breath away. There are PLENTY of photographers that will come and snap as many shots as they can, but there are very few who will direct you toward a completely breathtaking photograph.

On the day of my wedding, Jose arrived earlier than my wife and me. He scouted the venue for the best locations for the First Look photo session. I could see that Jose wanted to get the best quality for my wife and me with the limited amount of time we had to work together. We immediately began our session together, and he was an absolute gentleman. I appreciated most of how Jose helped direct me in positioning my posture, moving my eyes, hand, etc., to create stunning images. The gorgeous venue was captured in the background while also framing flattering pictures of the bride and groom. Honestly, I could not be happier with the photography that Jose Almeida provided.

Jose was punctual and detail-oriented. He was prepared with a breakdown of requested photographs from us. If it wasn’t for Jose bringing the schedule, you could easily miss capturing pictures with your closest family and friends.

Lastly, Jose provided us the final photos in less than a week! We have 428 pictures given to use by Jose. The website he shares your pictures on is beautiful and easy to use. You’re able to download the complete album or simply share the link with family and friends.

If you don’t believe me, check out his work body; it will speak for itself. I’ll even be more than willing to share pictures from my album with you! We plan to use Jose for our next photo session as well. You won’t be disappointed!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Wow, not sure how to respond to these words you have left except that I am so grateful to be able to work with amazing people and do something I truly love doing. You and Racquel were nothing short of spectacular on your wedding day. You were both so kind and easy to work with and hope to see and work with the both of you again down the road.
    THANK YOU!
  • racquel
    Racquel Married on 05/31/2021

The most amazing photographer

First off, look no further; you have found a precious gem lost in the depths of the earth. Jose Almeida is genuinely one of a kind. He is not just someone who takes pictures; anyone can do that. Jose is an artist. He knows about angles, lights, and other things the normal eye would not catch. I came across him by chance scoping for a photographer. When I l reviewed hundreds of overpriced and mediocre photography, I stumbled upon him. His pictures impressed my husband, so we took a chance with him. I am glad I did. He is a very kind soul, understanding, and gives you what you ask for and more.
    I felt extremely comfortable working with him, and he was hilarious and personable. I truly hope we meet again! If you want in-the-moment pictures, he will provide you with that, but if you wish to have a director and someone to tell you what to do, pose, and capture the best sides of you, he is a master at that. He saw pictures in the most random scenarios. Jose also kept a very well and genuinely thought-out schedule that kept us on track. We were never late doing anything with him, and it made our wedding go by so smoothly. He captured so many moments that I didn't even notice, and I am eternally grateful for him. He also gave us our photos in a uniquely timely manner. Please do yourself a favor and look no further. Take a chance with Jose. You will not be disappointed.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you for these beautiful words which I so really appreciate! When I first the both of you I knew it was going to be a fun day. I am grateful for you and Mario letting me be a part of such a beautiful day and such an important day for the both of you!
    Michele P. Married on 05/15/2021

Best of the best!

Jose is truly an incredibly gifted photographer. He is also kind and easy-going, and he makes you feel so comfortable in his presence. Go to his website and read his bio to get a sense of who he is. Then scan through his exquisite photographs, as they speak for themselves. Then do yourself a favor and hire him for your upcoming event. Mark my word, you will be happy you did.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words. I was really honored to be a part of your special day and to be able to capture such beautiful moments. Thanks again!
  • Shannon
    Shannon D. Married on 04/24/2021

Absolutely Amazing

As someone who is not photogenic, please take my advice when it comes to a photographer and hire Jose! He made someone who hates photos really look forward to seeing how they turned out. The results extremely lived up to the expectations as every photo he sent to us was wonderful. He made my husband and I look absolutely brilliant not only in our engagement photos but in everything related to our wedding!

Not only are the photos breathtaking, but the process he has in place makes the day of and every part of the photography process 10 times easier! We knew everything that was happening at all times as the communication he had with us was stellar. Even when things were out of our control delayed because of a pandemic, Jose was the one to spearhead and improvise to keep us on track! Not only will you love everything about Jose, but all of your friends and family will as well!

If you still don't believe me and are still considering someone else, I will leave you with this. Jose is so good that the maid of honor and her now fiance hired Jose to do their proposal shoot and yes those photos look wonderful as well! The one sure fire thing to do for your wedding would be to hire Jose!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review!
    Everyone was terrific on your wedding day and you and Justin were so easy to work with. It was a fun day with so many great moments.
    I am very grateful to both you and Justin for trusting in my vision and allowing me to be present in such an important day in your lives!

Thank you again for beautiful words you have left.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 12/20/2020

Best Wedding Photographer in the area

We are absolutely in love with the photos Jose took for our engagement session and our wedding. We had never taken photos with a professional photographer before our engagement session, and Jose made sure we were comfortable with the process and having fun the whole time. He even took a few photos of us with our crazy dogs :)

We are so thankful that Jose was there for our special day. He arrived early for our wedding to scout the venue for the best photo locations and captured all the special moments of our ceremony perfectly for us to look back and remember forever.

Thank you Jose!

Thank you Allison!

I appreciate the kind words and thank you for allowing me to be part of your special day. It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone!
    Benjamin H. Married on 11/21/2020

Great Photographer!

Jose is a great photographer, very professional, punctual, kind, patient, easy going and easy to talk to you. You can see that he puts a lot of thought and creativity into his work so as to bring out the best results. My wife and I enjoyed having him as our wedding photographer and highly recommend him.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sara :-) I had a great time with you and Ben on your special day. The both of you were a pleasure to work with as was your family. Definitely beautiful moments and loved your photos! Thanks again for your support and for taking the time to write this review.
  • Samantha
    Samantha A. Married on 09/20/2020

Great Photographer, Highly Recommend

I got married in September and covid did not make things easy for my husband and I. The wedding finally came around and I was a complete mess! My make-up came out wrong, my hair was falling out of place and I was really behind schedule! Jose came in and did his thing!! He didn’t miss a beat and actually came with a printed out copy of our schedule and kept me on track. It was so hectic and I’m so grateful to have had a friend/photographer there to guide me through it. Oh and of course the photos came out beautifully!

Thank you!!
    I had a wonderful time and that you for letting me be a part of it all. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and the venue you chose was so cool! Thanks again so much for the kind words you have left.
  • Natacha
    Natacha A. Married on 08/16/2020

Jose is not just a photographer, he's an artist.

My husband and I were beyond happy with Jose, his team, and the photos. Jose is such a great guy who is flexible as well. We had to move our wedding date and Jose was super accommodating. His photo packages are so reasonably priced, and you get much more value out of them compared to most generic wedding photographers who have expensive packages. Jose and his team are so creative and will give you magazine editorial quality of photos. He has a serious vision for photos. We are so happy we had Jose photograph our wedding. Our Wedding Party couldn’t stop talking about how fantastic Jose was all Wedding Day. We are obsessed with our Wedding Photos.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Natacha! I really appreciate the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you, Matt and your family/friends.
  • Brittany
    Brittany M. Married on 07/25/2020

Exquisite and Unique

Jose has a unique and artistic eye that I found to be much different than modern-day mainstream wedding photos. His pieces are purely magical and each one tells an in-depth story; they are not just simply captured moments. My now husband and I are both literary professionals, so we were seeking a photographer with a more sensual and profound way of telling a couple's story and Jose exceeded our expectations! In addition to his incredible talent, he is patient, kind, and SO MUCH FUN to work with! We began our journey with him in 2019 pre-pandemic, and throughout all the trials and tribulations, he was with us every step of the way. His assistant, Carlo, was an absolute angel and commits 110% to get the shot (he is not afraid to hide in bushes for perfection!). After working with Jose, we will not only recommend him to all friends and family, but we only plan to work with him on any future celebrations!

Thank you!!
    So happy to be a part of your and John's big day.
    From the very first time I met the both of you on your engagement session, through your entire wedding day you two were a pleasure to work with. So happy both Carlo and I could help capture your wedding day story :-)

• Katy
    Katy S. Married on 07/25/2020

Awesome Experience!

Jose photographed my micro wedding in the Poconos in July along with his partner Nadine. Jose had awesome communication from the start and responded to any questions I had quickly. On the day of our wedding, Jose and Nadine made us feel comfortable immediately. We wanted pictures that incorporated nature, lots of candids, and group pictures. He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered! It was a backyard ceremony, and Jose found all these cool spots for us to take pictures in. The pictures turned out AMAZING! We can’t stop looking through them and have gotten so many compliments! They really captured the setting and all the special moments. Communication was awesome throughout. I would 10/10 recommend Jose Almeida Photography!

Katy,

Thank you so so much for the kind words!! It was a pleasure working with you and Dan. It was such a fun day filled with so many special moments.
    Sarah Married on 07/11/2020

Couldn't be happier - the photos are absolutely stunning!

We could not be happier with Jose's photographs! We chose him initially for his talent in capturing touching candid moments so well, which he did on our wedding day :). They really conveyed the meaning and emotions of little moments throughout the day that often would have gone unnoticed. Additionally, he has a beautiful eye and found the most gorgeous spots to photograph us in! His ability to capture stunning silhouettes is amazing. He is very professional, always responded very quickly to our messages, and most importantly - is so easy to work with! Everything felt very natural and never forced. We HIGHLY recommend Jose to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Sarah, it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. Everyone was so easy going and great to work with. Thanks again for these kind words and for you and David letting me be a part of your special day.
  • Sandra
    Sandra Married on 06/20/2020

We are obsessed with our pictures

Working with Jose has been one of the highlights of our wedding day. Aside from being a true professional, his artistic talent really aligned with our vision for our day. He captured us beautifully. Jose has been really easy to work with and just a pleasure. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. We feel truly blessed to have worked with him.
    Lance B. Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing, helpful, listens, and can sure take pictures!

Jose was amazing. I was totally nervous and stressed out for my proposal. Keeping it a secret was priority! Jose was really easy to speak to, listened well, took perfect instructions and made great suggestions. He lent a helping hand in preparation and was undetectable during the shoot! A+ guy, and A+ service. And the shots, everyone loves them! and he turned them around very quickly. Helped make the moment timeless.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Lance, it was my pleasure and everything worked out perfectly :)
    Everyone was super friendly and so easy to work with as well.
    Despite the wind you pulled it off!
    Thank you for the kind words!

• Jenn
    Jenn E. Married on 12/21/2019

Best decision we ever made!

Jose was amazing! A true, genuine soul with immense talent for capturing detail. His pictures tell a story.. they are works of art. I was looking for photographers and came across Jose. The picture I saw is what sealed the deal. My now husband knew on the spot that he was the photographer for us. Not only was he so nice at the time of booking, but in person, he was even more so. On our day, it rained and Jose braved that weather and captured the most spectacular photos that I am still in awe over them. If you are looking for a good-hearted, talented photographer that will treat you like one of his friends; Jose is the one for you.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Jenn, I so really appreciate those kind words. We had a little rain but we made that best of it and such a great day it turned out to be. You and Rob were willing to be a little adventurous and we captured some wonderful moments. It was so much fun photographing your special day . All the best to the both of you . Thank you!!
  • Emily
    Jerry Married on 10/26/2019

Jose is an amazing photographer with a unique ability to connect with and understand his clients

When wedding planning, one of our first priorities was finding a photographer with a unique style with whom we felt comfortable working with. Neither of us feel particularly comfortable behind a camera so it was important to us that we find someone who could still work with us and capture all of our moments. Jose is an incredible photographer, but you can see that from his portfolio. Just as important though, he takes time to understand you. From our first meeting, Jose made it his goal to understand what type of art resonates with us, both as a couple and individually. Jose photographed an engagement shoot, our rehearsal dinner, and our wedding day. The product of his work reflects that understanding – Jose “got us” – and that, we both cannot stress enough, is so important when it comes to having someone photograph such an important day in your life. The moments and memories he's captured are invaluable to us and will be treasured all our lives. We would recommend Jose without reservation – If he’s available for your date, you’d being doing yourself a disservice not to reach out and have a conversation with him. We genuinely look forward to working with him again in the future!

Thank you, Jerry!
    What an awesome day it was at the Pump House!
    You and Emily were great and despite a little rain everything worked out perfectly. I really appreciate the amazing words you left here but it's the both of you including your friends/families that made the day so special. It was an absolute pleasure to be part of your big day! Looking forward to the next time we work together!

• Kristen
    Kristen Married on 10/18/2019

Best Photographer!

Jose did an incredible job capturing our special day! All of our guest won't stop talking about how much fun he was. Jose really tried to connect with everyone while taking timeless photographs. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work through all the planning with, including all the way up to the end of the night. His service is well worth your money! He isn't just a fantastic photographer, he also, will be a great addition to your special day. I know he will capture your day, in such a way, that you will relive it every time you see the photos.

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! I had an awesome time working with you and Nick on your wedding day. The whole day was very easy going and a lot of fun. Thank you again for this awesome review!
  • Laura
    Laura S. Married on 10/12/2019

A Class Act

Where do I even begin! When it came time to pick a photographer for our wedding I was extremely overwhelmed! There were so many choices and I honestly did not know where to begin. I started researching online and thanks to many great reviews I reached out to Jose. From the very first phone call my fiancee and I had with Jose we knew he was exactly who we were looking for. He listened to all of our concerns and was very connectable! We hired him right after our first call!

We live in Bensalem and our wedding was in the Poconos so we had to meet essentially via phone most of the time. This was never a problem! We had so many amazing phone calls with Jose who continued to reassure us and answer all of our questions. Jose was so quick to reply via text as well with any questions we had. About a month out Jose took time to personally meet us on the weekend at our venue to discuss things in person. To say that he goes above and beyond for his clients is an understatement. There truly are no words to describe him!

On the day of the wedding he showed up and the room became even more excited as we knew some of the moments we were sharing getting ready were going to start getting captured!

Everyone including my guest praised Jose and Shawn (his partner photographer). It was like he was everywhere at one time but was never in the way. I felt so comfortable with him and so did my entire bridal party.

He stayed the entire night and captured the most incredible moments. His artistic eye is truly wonderful. After the wedding the communication did not stop, he continued to answer questions and worked so hard to get us our first look at the pictures quickly which is amazing considering we got married in prime wedding season. HIS WORK IS BEAUTIFUL! My husband and I could not believe the quality and care he took in every little detail including a personal handwritten letter thanking both of us for letting him photograph our day. It is us however that should be saying thank you to Jose for his incredible work and the moments that he captured for us.

My husband and I both feel that we made a friend in Jose and he is someone that we will never forget! We already are talking to him about a maternity shoot when we become pregnant.

I recommend Jose to anyone and everyone who would ask, I feel so blessed to have had him for my wedding day!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Laura, thank you so very much for the kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Greg on your big day! So many beautiful moments were captured on your day and I was honored for letting me be a part of it all.
  • Trisha
    Trisha Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and personable

Jose is such an amazing photographed and he I also very personable, which was something I was really looking for. I could not ask for a better photographer who actually gets to know you and has such a passion for doing this! I love working with Jose and I cant wait to work with him more in the future !!! I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for someone who takes the time to get to know you and loves their job!

Jose Almeida Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice words. It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you and Steven. Looking forward to your big day coming up. It will be a lot of fun I am sure! Thanks again!
    Alyssa Married on 09/21/2019

You NEED Jose Almeida to Take Your Wedding Photos

When we first got engaged, one of the vendors my now-husband and I were most anxious about booking was the photographer. After all, that person would be responsible for capturing the moments of the most important day of our lives for us to look back on. We reached dead end after dead end with photographers that either didn’t respond to our inquiries or were wildly out of our budget. We were really disheartened…until we found Jose Almeida Photography. Jose responded to my email asking to meet up and talk within hours of me sending it, which was the first “green flag.” When my sister/maid of honor and I met with Jose (my husband was out of town on business at the time), we instantly knew from his professional yet warm demeanor that he was going to be the person who would document our big day.
    Jose is truly talented, and his keen eye and ability speak for themselves. He is able to artfully capture moments that are somehow both spontaneous and poignant. His photos encapsulate raw emotion, ranging from the sheer joy of our first kiss as husband and wife to the unadulterated enjoyment that comes from dancing the night away with friends and family. The description that our guests repeatedly used for Jose was “rock star.” There wasn’t a moment that passed without Jose snapping a picture of it. There is no way to describe our wedding photos other than stunning. Jose Almeida is the consummate professional, an amazing photographer, and kind hearted person who I cannot recommend adamantly enough to anyone and everyone.
    Kayleigh Married on 08/31/2019

Jose was the best!

Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful our photos were almost two months later. We had so many good ones that it's been really tough narrowing it down to a small enough number to share/print. From our engagement photos in a state park to our wedding in a planetarium, his shots were beautiful with a dramatic flair. We got a ton of different fun shots and double exposures, absolutely gorgeous portraits, and the family photos and candids were great. Throughout the whole process, Jose was professional, friendly, and very easygoing. He was on-time, responded quickly, and delivered photos well above my expectations (for a very reasonable price!). The photos were delivered in a nice memento box with a handwritten note - a nice touch. We can't recommend him enough!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 08/17/2019

Would definitely recommend!

We are so happy we chose Jose Almeida to be our photographer! From the moment we met him he made us feel like friends. From our engagement shoot to our wedding he was very professional but also flexible to work with us. I am someone who doesn’t like to be the center of attention especially in pictures and he made me and my husband feel at ease. We LOVE the way our pictures turned out and he really captured the entire feel of the wedding day and night. Your wedding day goes by so fast and you almost forget to take a second to look around and with these photos we’ll have those memories forever!