Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc Reviews

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 5
Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 6
Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 7

Kim Grogan · Getting married on 02/08/2020

Wonderful service and amazing talent!

Jo and her team are wonderful and so very, very talented! We had the best time at our tasting and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you, Kim! We're so glad you enjoyed our visit. Looking forward to working with your on your special day!

Jamie Hulet · Married on 10/13/2019

Outstanding Cake and Customer Service

Jo's cakes are amazing. Dense yet moist. We had three flavors--strawberry, lemon and traditional vanilla/almond. The strawberry was everyone's, including myself, favorite. She did an amazing job with the custom groom's cake. Everything was perfection.

Sent on 10/18/2019
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 8

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jamie! We had fun with both of your cakes. We pray for a lifetime of happiness for you! Please keep in touch with us.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

These ladies are the best at what they do! Love the cakes that they made us and not only were they absolutely gorgeous but they tasted like heaven. Jo made a grooms cake that looked like and tasted similar to bacon. The biggest hit of the night! I picked out a cake a like via Pinterest and Jo and her team beyond delivered what I asked for.

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 9
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 10
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 11

Miranda · Married on 10/07/2017

Very willing to work with your schedule and meet your needs!! The best team to work with!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Angela · Married on 10/07/2017

Jo's cakes are amazing!!! We had originally ordered our wedding cake and then I decided to order a surprise Tardis cake for my husband for our rehearsal dinner. After tasting numerous other cakes, none other compared. Also, she was very accomodating with my non dairy needs. The Tardis cake was peanut butter and chocolated frosting, which was amazing!! Our wedding cake was 3 different flavors, white chocolate, strawberry and lemon. If you are looking for a tasty, moist, beautiful and creative cake I hihgly recommend definitely give Jo's Cakes and Catering!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 12
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 13
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 14
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 15
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 16
    Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc 17

Ashley R · Married on 09/30/2017

They did my children's birthday cake earlier this year and did our wedding cake in September. Both cakes were amazing! They looked wonderful, tasted delicious, and were moist. I will definitely be using them in the future and I have already been suggesting her to anyone looking for a cake :)

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 09/16/2017

The cake was absolutely delicious! As well as the service, responsiveness, and creativity of the decorators! Thank you all for a delicious addition to our wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Alex · Married on 06/03/2017

Jo and Brittany were incredible! Not only did they work with our ideas to create a unique, out of the ordinary cake exactly the way we wanted it, but they also bake the most delicious cakes you will have ever tasted! With so many both common and unique flavor profiles, frosting types, and fillings to choose from, you can truly entirely customize a wonderful wedding cake that you and your guests will never forget. Our wedding guests said that the wedding cake was a true "work of art"!
    Thank you Jo and Brittany, for making our wedding cake unforgettable in every sense!

Sent on 06/21/2017

J · Married on 06/03/2017

Jo and her team are a terrific find. Our cake was beautiful, three-tiered, and topsy-turvey in style with a unique custom built topper. Jo knows what she is doing. The cake was delivered to our a wedding site on time per our exact needs with no hassle (I'm the groom and I didn't even realise it had been set up). Jo and her team take care of everything. Go and have a tasting, you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Kimberly · Married on 06/03/2017

My daughter got married in June. We decided to use Jo's Custom Cakes based on recommendations from others. Let me just say, Jo did not disappoint. The cupcakes were not only beautiful but delicious as well. We received many comments from guests on how good they were. We will definitely use Jo again!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Allyson · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I have already told people to use you.

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you so much, Allyson!! We loved working with you and Shane. Please keep in touch with us :)

Katelyn · Married on 05/13/2017

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering is phenomenal! Jo bakes the best cakes and is dedicated to making your event even more special. She and her staff are very friendly and Jo is a talented baker. We ordered a red velvet cake for our wedding that was so rich, moist and delicious! His groom's cake was a custom marble cake and our guests enjoyed both cakes as much as we did! Her prices are incredibly reasonable and her service is great! My husband and I would highly recommend Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering for weddings and various events.

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments, Katelyn!! We truly enjoyed working with you and you made it all so easy. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!! Please keep in touch with us :)

Shelly · Married on 05/13/2017

Our experience was wonderful. Food and Cake were delivered on time and was delicious. They were all a pleasure to deal with and a lot of fun doing the cake testing!

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

This is so wonderful to hear, Shelly!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! You were a pleasure to work with. Please keep in touch with us!

Charlotte · Married on 04/22/2017

If you are looking for someone to not only make a beautiful cake but one which tastes so delicious then Jo is who you need to contact to make your wedding cake. My daughter and I met Jo at a vendor bridal show in Murfreesboro, TN. My daughter had already been to another vendor bridal show in Nashville. My daughter knew immediately that Jo was the one who she would contact to make her wedding cake. She was such a sweet and caring lady as well as being very professional to work with. Jo can make any size cake you like. My daughter's cake turned out beautiful with each of the 5 layers a different design which Jo helped us to decide on the designs. The groom's cake was not just the usual square cake but a red truck which was like the grooms first vehicle when he started driving. Needless to say, guests were amazed that it was a cake. Jo's cakes are so moist as well as beautiful. Her cakes are very reasonably priced. I brought cake home with me and put it in the refrigerator and it was still moist and delicious weeks after the wedding. You won't find another vendor with all these wonderful talents at such a reasonable price!

Sent on 07/15/2017
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 04/15/2017

Joe is amazing.. she has an incredible gift of bringing to fruition the ideas you have for your wedding cake, and surpassing any expectation you had. Our grooms cake was literally a sasquatch drinking a REAL airplane bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 whiskey. It was jaw dropping, and the detail was breathtaking. I could not imagine having used anyone else. Oh.. and the cakes were the best we tasted! No one else compares.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

What a fun groom's cake choice, Zachary!! We had so much fun making it for you and we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day. Please keep in contact with us!

Mara · Married on 12/17/2016

Hands down the best cake I have ever had in my life. I usually don't even like cake (I'm more of a pie person). We went with Snickerdoodle for the main wedding cake and Bacon & Maple for the groom's cake. They were absolutely delicious and full of flavor! The icing designs were stunning, and we received many compliments. Jo was very flexible with the designs so we ended up getting exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you, Mara! Thank you for the wonderful compliments! Best wishes to you and Charley. Please keep in touch with us!!

Tori · Married on 10/22/2016

I wouldn't go anywhere else to get a special custom cake!!! Jo's Custom Cakes was the only bakery in Nashville that would make two heart shaped cheesecakes for my wedding. I was extremely happy with how they looked and they tasted amazing! She was extremely flexible and was very personable with our consultation. The price was very reasonable and she went above and beyond for me!! Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you, Tori! We loved making your special cheesecakes!! It is fun for us to get to do something different once in a while. Best wishes for you!! Keep in touch with us.

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

Amazing team We loved our wedding cake! It's exactly what I wanted! My vision my statement was complete with my cake! I can't thank the team enough! And lots of references to give!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day, Danielle!! You were a pleasure to work with. Please keep in touch with us! Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Cristina · Married on 10/01/2016

I will definitely be a repeat customer! She really got our vision for our wedding cakes. She went above and beyond to make the grooms cake match what my husband wanted. And they were delicious! I'm already thinking of the next occasion for another cake. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you, Cristina!! We loved your unique Groom's cake!! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. Please keep in touch with us!

Evans · Married on 10/01/2016

Jo was amazing from the moment that we met her! She was compassionate, kind and attuned to our needs, her shop is awesome and she provided us with tons of different options at the tasting. The cake itself was even more beautiful than the picture that we gave her, and our guests could not stop talking about how delicious it was. We highly recommend Jo!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! We love getting positive feedback. Please keep in touch with us!!

Gwen · Married on 10/01/2016

I would say run not walk to Jo's Custom Cakes. She came highly recommended by 3 brides I know from work.When my daughter got to Jo's shop for our tasting she was amazed by how good all the flavors were!! She is accommodating, and kind and you leave with a sense of confidence in her. Wedding day delivery was perfect! She over delivered on everything she promised : )

Sent on 11/05/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

Thank you, Gwen! It was a breeze to work with you on your daughter's big day. Best wishes to the newlyweds!! Please keep in touch with us!

Bailey · Married on 09/10/2016

I can not even begin to thank y'all for the beautiful and delicious wedding cake y'all created. It was well beyond my expectations. Thank you so much for helping make our day beautiful. You have been above and beyond WONDERFUL.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

You were a joy to work with, Bailey! We loved making your cake and arranging the beautiful flowers on it. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. Please keep in touch with us!!

Nancy · Married on 09/03/2016

Jos made my daughters wedding cake, it was the best wedding cake I've ever eaten. Katie took Jo a picture of what she wanted and it came out just beautiful!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

It was our pleasure, Nancy!! Katie picked out a beautiful design and we loved making it! Please keep in touch with us.

Kristen · Married on 06/04/2016

I am so grateful for Jo squeezing in my cake at the last minute. I booked the week of, live 10 hours away, and could only find 3 pictures of what I wanted. We were going to "make our own cake," but never actually worked out the details that it's impossible to make a cake AFTER we arrived in Nashville. It was gorgeous and just what I imagined.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, Inc's reply:

We loved working with you, Kristen! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. Best wishes and please keep in touch with us!
    ~Jo
  • User6852015 · 2+ years ago

Jo and Brittany were incredibly helpful and a pleasure to work with! They were accommodating and happy to work with us on every request. When we first met with Jo, we told her about our budget and what we wanted and she worked to figure out how we could get everything we wanted without going over budget. We actually had cheesecake for our wedding cake, and everyone at the reception said it was the best they had ever eaten! I enthusiastically recommend Jo to anyone who wants an incredible cake!

Sent on 06/17/2016