Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth Reviews

71 | North Myrtle Beach, SC

71 Reviews for Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth

• Amanda

Amanda Thomas · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Jonathan & Candace are the best!!!

J. White & J. Foster were the best possible choice for our wedding! They kept it clean but fun! I met with Jonathan and Candace before we decided whether to hire them and they completely put my mind at ease. They were friendly and had so many ideas. They answered questions and gave suggestions that helped move my planning in the right direction. D.J. White was the life of the party!
    If you’re looking to hire a coordinator, Candace White is the absolute best! She stayed in contact throughout my planning and helped me keep up with my other vendors. Candace helped me stay calm and focused. The day of the wedding, she took so much stress off me and my mom. She even packed me and my husband some dinner plates to take after the wedding!
    Hiring this team is the greatest thing you can do for your wedding! They are the best!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Amanda, we are so grateful for your kind words! Candace thoroughly enjoyed coordinating everything for you and I was honored to serve as your DJ :)
  • Stevie

Stevie Martin Barnes · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Best dj ever

Joyful Entertainment was everything a DJ should be and more! Jonathan White completely exceeded my expectations. He was fun, energetic- a natural hype man! Prior to the wedding, he worked closely with me to create a detailed and organized plan! During the reception, he danced with my wedding guests, he made everyone laugh, and he communicated well. My family and friends have ranted and raved about how impressed they were with Jonathan's service. He is no ordinary DJ. His joy, commitment, and passion for this job is a step above the rest!

Sent on 06/16/2020
  • Kilan

Kilan Rabon · Getting married on 02/03/2021

Gasque Wedding at Wildberry Farms

Joyful Entertainment consist of the best DJs around. Jonathan and his crew were so easy to work with. I had never met him and felt like I instantly knew him the day of our wedding. These guys really kept the crowd dancing all night long. The energy in the room kept our guest involved which was awesome. An AWESOME DJ will make your wedding, for sure!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Andy

Andy Hudgins · Getting married on 11/04/2020

Wedding party

DJ White is hands down the best DJ around. I met Jonathon White a couple of years ago while coaching with him. When I learned about his DJ business, I knew who the DJ at my wedding was going to be. During the planning portion of the wedding, he answered any questions we had in a quick manner and helped us plan the evening to flow in the best possible order. Once the party started, he kept it going. He was truly the life of the party, he even got out on the dance floor and broke it down a couple of times. I received multiple messages in the days following raving about the experience they had at the wedding reception. This is a direct reflection of the type of experience DJ White provides. If I had to do it all over, I would go with DJ White without any question. I highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Andy, thanks again for letting me bring the party to your wedding! It was my pleasure and I am happy to know you and Brianna are so pleased!

Alex · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Such a great experience!

I would definitely recommend this business to anyone! They made the process of picking out songs for the wedding very easy. They were fast to respond whenever I had questions. They followed all the songs we requested and did a good job adding additional songs when needed. They helped take so much stress off me during the process. If you're looking for a dj for your wedding I would highly recommend choosing them!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Alex, we are thrilled to hear you found our process simple and stress free! DJ Jacob had a great time celebrating with you!!
  • Lauren

Lauren Winans · Married on 07/17/2020

Absolutely excellent!

Let’s talk about the perfect night! I feel like a DJ can really make or break a wedding reception, that’s why we wanted the best. Jonathan did NOT disappoint! The whole night was exactly what my husband and I wanted: a party to celebrate with all our close people! The entire reception was FLAWLESS. Jonathan guided the night from first dances to cutting cake and toasts, and finally to opening the dance floor for the night. We had guests from ages 2-92, and not a single person failed to get out on the dance floor. Everyone I have talked to since the wedding has RAVED about how phenomenal our DJ was! I can’t say anything bad about our entire reception, and I attribute that to the quality of service we received from our vendors. Don’t skimp! Jonathan is worth every single penny, and he will surely make your wedding/reception a pleasant memory and super fun experience for everyone!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

It makes me so happy to hear you say that Lauren! I'm so glad you had such a fun time and it was so much fun to see everybody out on the dance floor celebrating with you and Blake!
  • Marla

Marla · Married on 06/27/2020

Best DJ’s Around!!

I cannot say enough good things about Jonathan and his team!! They were fantastic to work with and exceeded our expectations!! When COVID hit and our date changed they did everything in their power to go the extra mile for our new date and everyday leading up and after our wedding. They are the life of any dance floor and will get your guest up and moving! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding or next event you need to go with Joyful Entertinment!!

Sent on 07/06/2020
  • Sam

Sam Price · Married on 06/20/2020

Wonderful Service

Joyful Entertainment was wonderful and very helpful. They are really about customer service.

Sent on 06/15/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Brown · Married on 02/29/2020

Engagement Party

We had the best time with Stephen!! He did everything we wanted and more! He was great with all the requests we wanted to play and transitioned everything seamlessly. Everyone loved when he got out and did a few dances with us. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience!!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Taylor, DJ Stephen had a great night with you all and had a great time staying late to celebrate! Thanks again for giving us the honor of DJing your engagement party!

Madelynn Grainger · Married on 02/29/2020

DJ for Wedding

Jonathan and Candace were amazing! The first time I met them I knew that they had to be a part of my wedding day. Jonathan is so much fun and full of energy and that’s exactly what I wanted in a DJ. He made sure we all were on the dance floor and having a great time! Candace being my coordinator was an added bonus to my package with Jonathan and I couldn’t imagine my day without her. She handled every little detail that day and it was PERFECT! If anyone is looking for a DJ and/or coordinator I would definitely recommend contacting them, I promise you won’t be disappointed. They are the BEST!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Ashlyn Hardwick · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing Team!!!!

I knew when I got engaged that I wanted Joyful Entertainment to be a part of my wedding day! These guys go above and beyond in every way. From the beginning I knew our music was in good hands, and now after the fact I can say it was better than what I had imagined! DJ J Foster was professional, fun, and made my wedding reception a blast! Thank you Joyful Entertainment for playing such a big role in my day!! Can’t wait to dance with y’all again soon at friends weddings!!! 💃🏼🕺🏼💗

Sent on 04/14/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Ulanski · Married on 01/11/2020

One of our favorite vendors!

Joyful Entertainment is so much more than a DJ. Last summer, my husband and I were deciding between 2 DJ’s for our wedding this past January. As soon as we talked to Johnathan Foster with Joyful on the phone, our choice was a no-brainer.

Just from the one phone call, Johnathan was personable and easy to talk to. His energy and enthusiasm were contagious - which is the perfect recipe for a DJ.

What felt like the cherry on top is that while talking to Johnathan, it became clear how much our faith and values align with his. We felt at ease and knew we were in good hands with Johnathan. And we were excited to have him at our wedding knowing we share the same views on marriage and God.

The reason why this review took so long for us to do is because we couldn’t find the words.

At the reception during dinner, one couple came up and wished us well. Before we knew it, there was a long line of people waiting to talk to us as we were trying to eat. It was a bit overwhelming honestly, and my mom picked up on that. She came up to our table and politely said that we were needed by our month-of planner for something - a decoy to take us outside, ask if we were okay, and give us a few minutes to ourselves.

Johnathan noticed all of this from across the room and without hesitation, he ran across the floor and came outside to check up on us.

We explained that we were perfectly fine! Just a bit overwhelmed as we knew everyone meant well, but we weren’t anticipating to not even be able to finish our dinner or have a short conversation just us.

Right away, Johnathan asked if we could pray. We held hands and he prayed for us.

It was exactly what we needed. It centered and grounded us; it brought us back to the sole purpose of the day. It was truly indescribable and to this day, leaves my husband and I at a loss for words. What other DJ or vendor would do that??

Our communication with Joyful throughout the planning process was seamless. They were understanding, patient, and always ready to help us however we needed. Johnathan would periodically text us to check in and share his excitement with us. His texts always seemed to come at the most chaotic, stressful times for us where that simple text was the positive pick me up that we needed.

They shared a Google doc with us to fill out and update with our song preferences & requests. It was very organized and broken down into specific parts of the night (cocktail hour, intros, during dinner, dancing).

The Google doc wasn’t just a list of suggestions, you could tell he really took it to heart and took the time to go over it as we heard a lot of songs from the list throughout the night. He was great at reading the crowd and taking requests from our guests as well.

They even put together a video for us that they sent us the very next day! It was so unexpected and so very thoughtful of them!

Joyful Entertainment was hands down one of our favorite vendors. They’re fun, friendly, selfless, attentive, and compassionate. Johnathan went above and beyond and made a lasting impact on our day that we appreciate and cherish more than we can express. Thank you so much for helping make our special day an unforgettable, dream come true!

Sent on 06/15/2020

Jade · Married on 12/14/2019

Just hire joyful entertainment! Do it!

For anyone wondering who to hire for a wedding/event/anything DJ, just hire the guys at Joyful Entertainment! There is no question about it--Johnathan Foster DJ'd our wedding (and also brought another friend to help out), and every part of our day was flawless because of them. I didn't have to worry about a thing...ceremony music was perfect, cocktail hour had a great vibe, and Johnathan knew just what to do to get people on the dance floor and keep them there...all night long. At the end, everyone had so much fun that he even did an encore song for all of our friends and family to dance to. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and the value of making sure your guests (and you!!) are having a good time is PRICELESS. Do yourself a favor and hire them. You won't be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Katy Beaty · Married on 11/30/2019

Best night ever

This group was incredible. They exceeded my expectations, and furthermore, they made sure my husband and I were pleased in doing so. 100% the best choice I could have made. Couldn’t imagine a better turnout!!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Kathryn Juras · Married on 11/23/2019

Great in all regards!

DJ Rio was so nice and constantly expressed his excitement for our big day. He was very good at communicating with us and made it his goal for us NOT to be stressed about anything music or MC related. I told him that I was stressed about what time things should be announced at the reception (Wedding party entry, Cake cutting, our exit, etc). He said he'd handle it and be sure to announce each thing at an appropriate time, and I was glad to let him handle that! He was great at reading the room. As the bride, I was happy to have good dance music- I danced for most of the night! I was glad he played a lot of the songs we requested, cause we have a kind of unique taste in music and don't like a lot of modern pop songs.
    Super nice guy, very accommodating, and overall just happy for us and eager to help.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Brian

Brian Mahelsky · Married on 11/23/2019

DJ Vlad and J. White

Jonathan and Vlad are really easy to work with and are all about helping make sure your event is as perfect as it can be. They respond very quickly and answered all questions we had. Would definitely recommend using them for any event that you want music and people dancing at.

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Amber

Amber Welch · Married on 11/09/2019

The best dj company!

We had the BEST time with DJ Rio! We couldn’t of asked for a better DJ. Johnathan and his team went above and beyond for us. Our wedding day was PERFECT! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Amber, reviews like this are why we do what we do!! DJ Rio raved about you and your guests and we are honored you let us celebrate with you!
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 11/09/2019

Can't imagine having a better DJ for our special day!

J. White and J. Foster were both incredible & such a great addition to our day. They made sure that everything was perfect & put us at such ease. Our guests LOVED them. They are without a doubt one of the best vendors we chose for our wedding. We are so thankful for both of them & couldn't recommend them more.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

Jocelyn, you and Dylan were a pleasure to serve! Everything was beautiful and you had an awesome group of family and friends! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you :)

Taylor · Married on 11/09/2019

I am the Bride

I recommend that if anyone needs a DJ for an event please book these guys! They kept our guests entertained and they even got out and danced with everyone when they were not DJ’ing. Amazing group of guys!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Brittany · Married on 11/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Jonathan, Candace & Lucas were absolutely amazing! They helped make our day so special. They were so much fun and so entertaining, and our guests still talk about how fantastic they were! We also have NEVER danced so much! They were so helpful, responsive, reliable and trustworthy since the very beginning. They not only were amazing DJs, but they are absolutely amazing people. They brought smiles to everyone's faces, they made eveyone laugh, cry, enjoy the night, and they helped create wonderful memories that we will always have in our hearts. They are so heartfelt, generous, Christlike, and have such charm. We could not have asked for a better DJ. Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Julie Elliott · Married on 11/02/2019

Wedding DJ

Couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. I knew we were going to have a large dancing crew at our wedding so I was adamant about having someone to get people on the dance floor and He did not disappointment! There is nothing worse than going to an event and no one is dancing! Jacob text me a day before our wedding letting me know he could not find a “clean” version to the bouquet song I picked out 😂 I told him to just pick something and he delivered without any questions. Thank you so much y’all! Our wedding would not have been as much fun if we would have chosen someone else 😉

Sent on 11/15/2019

Sam Young · Married on 10/12/2019

Best DJ Ever

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! The amount of fun and professionalism that they brought was unbelievable. We knew we wanted to have a good time with great music and they delivered! The wedding would not have been comparable, to how it turned out, if they were not there. Can not rave about them enough! Don’t make the mistake of overlooking them for your event!
    We would recommend them to anyone for anything! 5 stars for them, every day of the week, in any category!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Mclean · Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding Reception 10.05.19

I have nothing but great things to say about this group of guys!!! They made planning so stress free and they were always very easy to get in touch with. Jacob was the DJ for our wedding reception on October 5, 2019 and he was SO great! Everyone was having fun and the dance floor had people on it at all times. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and nothing went unnoticed! Thanks Jacob!! 10/10 would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Joyful Entertainment + Photo Booth's reply:

DJ Jacob loved every moment of celebrating with you Hannah! Hannah Ruth Photography released some of your photos and they look BEAUTIFUL! We can't wait to see some more of the fun that was had at the reception! The garter toss was unforgettable LOL. Thank you so much for blessing us with the honor of DJing for you on your wedding day :)

Samantha Bolt · Married on 10/05/2019

amazing day with amazing music!

From the first to the last song everyone was up and dancing! He did an amazing job at creating variety and understanding what everyone wanted to hear.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Sarah Palmer · Married on 09/21/2019

J. Foster Wedding Review - EXCELLENT!

J. Foster was the best DJ we could ask for on our special day, from ceremony to hyping up the dance floor, he did an excellent job getting all song choices spot on and engaging our guests. He was affordable and even travelled all the way to Concord, NC from Myrtle Beach after we fell in love with his services at a friend’s wedding we attended. He was very attentive and easy to contact and checked in a few days prior to make sure we had everything we needed. The night went on without a glitch - highly recommend him for any special event!

Sent on 11/04/2019