Jonathan Moeller Photography Reviews

131 | Princeville, HI

131 Reviews for Jonathan Moeller Photography

Jackie · Married on 06/12/2016

What a wonderful experience! Jonathan is such a great person to work with. I was very impressed with his quick response time and the quality of his photos are amazing!
    We couldn't be happier!!! He was able to make two NON photogenic people look photogenic! He captured moments I didn't even expect. We were so happy and would recommend him for sure!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Sally · Married on 05/15/2016

Jonathan is simply the best. He made the whole experience enjoyable and stress free. We could just tell throughout the process that he was good at what he does. Also, our high quality pictures were made available to us earlier than we expected, which was helpful since we were trying to put together our own slideshow for our friends and family who couldn't make it to Hawaii for our destination wedding. We have already received so many compliments about our photos. We definitely would recommend Jonathan to anyone in Hawaii.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Kelley · Married on 05/08/2016

Not only are we impressed by his photography, Jonathan was efficient throughout the whole planning process. He answered all my questions quickly, at the most by the next day, and honored my requests the day of our wedding. Working with him was also a dream, he was professional and worked very well with our group. He also made us feel at ease (and was a great "coach" while we were taking pictures), which is an important quality in a photographer! Our posed pictures turned out AMAZING and so did our candid ones! We would choose him again and was worth the price! Fine art photography is completely worth it for your wedding day!
    5 stars: Professionalism and Quality.

Kelley and Brody
    Port Orchard, Washington

Sent on 06/22/2016

Danielle · Married on 02/24/2016

Posted by me on Yelp on 2/25/16: Our wedding was only yesterday so I haven't seen the final results yet, but I wanted to get online and say first and foremost, what an absolute joy it was to work with Jonathan....we saw a few of the photos he took from the screen on the camera and they were AMAZING! I couldn't believe they hadn't been "Photoshopped". They were THAT magnificent. He has an artistic eye that is unbelievable...Also, he's just fun and easy to work with, which is exactly what we wanted for our destination wedding. He came to our house and took some shots of us around the grounds and getting ready, and then we went out to Ke'e Beach for the ceremony. I CANNOT WAIT to see the final results! Book him!!!!! You will absolutely NOT be disappointed. He helped to make our perfect day even MORE perfect! :)

Sent on 03/05/2016

Baylee · Married on 02/16/2016

I hired Jonathan to photograph my wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House before even speaking with him on the phone. After viewing his website and gallery of absolutely stunning images I knew he had that artistic eye I was looking for. He did an incredible job capturing all the moments of our big day and I could not be happier with my choice. The only problem I have now is picking my favorites with so many great options to choose from! He was also very professional, easy to work with, and very genuine. Thanks again Jonathan, we look forward to seeing you on Kauai in the future.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Helen · Married on 02/15/2016

Jonathan was great to work with and the photos came out great

Sent on 03/02/2016

Helen · Married on 12/13/2015

You know the moment you find "the one" wedding dress? And how it's supposed to be emotional? Well, nothing that dramatic happened to me with my dress (though I did like it), but I DID experience that moment when I came across Jonathan Moeller's portfolio.

There's a difference between normal wedding photography and what Jonathan does. If you read about him on his website (...which I did, in length), you'll learn that he has a background in photojournalism. That means Jonathan has professional experience and training in capturing moments - important moments! He's able to showcase Kauai's beautiful nature while taking candid pictures of his subjects.

I changed my wedding plans a dozen times after booking Jonathan, but he was always extremely responsive and accommodating. He learned everyone's names ahead of time (I sent him a list of guests per his request) and was punctual. Everyone felt at ease around Jonathan, including my husband who usually hates having his picture taken.

I was impressed by Jonathan's professionalism and strategy while taking our photos. I was ecstatic when we received a dozen sneak peek photos two days later! Likewise, I expected the rest of our wedding photos to arrive in 4-6 weeks and was totally fine with that. Imagine my surprise when we got all 500+ photos back less than 1.5 weeks later!

Honestly, the most important part of my wedding planning was getting Jonathan Moeller to document my day. He surpassed my very high expectations, and all my family and friends have told me that my wedding photos are the most stunning ones they have ever seen. You will regret it if you don't book Jonathan Moeller! It's not often that you find top-notch talent, work ethic, reliability, and professionalism all in one person!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Heather · Married on 12/04/2015

If you're getting married on Kauai you MUST hire Jonathan Moeller! He was wonderful to work with leading up to my wedding. He always responded to my emails promptly and enthusiastically. He was accommodating to a last minute location change and was a joy to work with on my wedding day. I've received a few sneak peek photos and they were absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait to see the rest!

I would absolutely recommend hiring Jonathan Moeller!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Haley · Married on 11/26/2015

The only thing I was going to be particular about for the wedding was a good photographer. After researching the internet for great reviews, coupled with amazing pictures, we found Jonathan. He was available to work on Thanksgiving, and after meeting him via Skype, we booked him. One of the best decisions we made for the wedding. Not only are his photographs unbelievable, he is very professional and super helpful. He recommended our videographer for us to use the day of our wedding, among other people on the island. All of which were super helpful, as we were putting a wedding together in three months. Everything was more perfect than I could have even imagined. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer on Kauai. My mom still cries every time she looks at our photos -- a sign that he has a true talent. :)

Sent on 12/09/2015

Colin · Married on 11/13/2015

Jonathan was great! Our photos are amazing and he was a pleasure to work with. We're very happy we hired him.

Sent on 12/18/2015
  • I

Iris · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot express how great of an experience we had with Jonathan Moeller. He is so incredibly artistic and professional! he has no problem with directing a shoot to capture some of the best photos you could ever imagine. We were lucky enough to have him shoot our elopement / wedding ceremony on Kauai... we managed to get an awesome sunset and Jonathan even asked us to pose for a couple more photos after he had started to wrap things up just to capture those extra brilliant shots! He could have easily just clocked out for the evening .. but he's passionate about his photography...he cares about his clients and he cares about his work and he is doing what he loves and it shows. Thank you Jonathan for the lovely photos. We received them almost exactly 4 weeks after our ceremony which is when he told us to expect them. It was our pleasure to have had you on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Robert · Married on 10/24/2015

Jonathan was absolutely great! Made the experience easy and stress free. The photos are amazing; would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Katie · Married on 10/21/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer. We got married in Kauai but planned it from our home in Boston. Jonathan was extremely responsive to our emails and made me feel like I didn't need to worry about anything. He was always extremely professional and has a gift for capturing the perfect shots. Your wedding photographs are once in a lifetime and we were so happy we chose Jonathan!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Alicia · Married on 09/27/2015

Jonathan with out a doubt as good as it gets, if your considering using him for your wedding photographer or family photos do not hesitate. We just got back our photos and they are amazing. he made us feel super comfortable and we had a fun time working with him. I would have changed my wedding arrangements just to work with this guy he is truly a artist. AMAZING!......JUST AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Heather · Married on 09/26/2015

Loved everything! Highly recommend Jonathan! I cherish my wedding pictures.

Sent on 03/21/2016

If you want amazing photos of your wedding (or other special event) then you should definitely choose Jonathan Moeller! His photos are AMAZING! My husband and I were recently married in Kauai (Hanalei Bay) and we are extremely pleased that we decided to work with Jonathan. From the beginning, he was easy to reach and responsive to all of my questions (which I had a lot of!) and this continued to be the case throughout the entire process. This was helpful as I was coordinating our wedding from Washington, DC. He is nice, down to earth, timely and easy to work with as well.

Jonathan did a great job of recommending poses and seamlessly moving us and our families through the various shots. We had a blast with our photo shoot on the beach and it was equally fun to take nighttime pictures at our wedding dinner. The end result are stunning photos...some of which have backdrops that are so gorgeous they almost look unreal. Our friends and family have commented over and over how outstanding our wedding pictures are and the slideshow that Jonathan prepared, which is an awesome reminder of our special day :) Jonathan is truly talented and I would not hesitate for one second to recommend him. I cannot say enough good things about his work!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Kassandra · Married on 07/11/2015

When we decided to have our wedding in Kauai, finding a good photographer was at the top of the list. When we found Jonathan's work, we were in awe, all of his work was so incredibly beautiful, the compositions, the style, the creativity, the way he uses light...we knew we had to have him and were so happy that he was available! We did both a trash the dress photoshoot as well as full coverage of our wedding day and Jonathan was truly AMAZING! The way that he directed us was seamless, he was very professional, a lot of fun, and he knew just how to catch the perfect shots. It was truly wonderful to work with him both as a photographer and as a genuinely great person. We LOVE LOVE LOVE all our photos, and can't thank Jonathan enough for so beautifully capturing the memories of our special day! :)

Sent on 10/12/2015

Raeiah · Married on 06/17/2015

Jonathan was an outstanding photographer, and he truly captured the location as well as the event. Thank you!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Alex · Married on 06/10/2015

Jonathan took two people who aren't particularly photogenic and gave us some really beautiful wedding pictures.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Heidi · event on: 05/28/2015

I actually spent about 2-3 hours doing my homework on Kauai photographers. I came across Jonathan's site a few times. Having been a photographer myself, (mainly real estate though) I had a specific thing I was looking for in others portfolios, that was only present in Jonathan's photos. He was prompt, courteous and very flexible! He was even a sport when 10mn before our time slot, I burned myself and spilled water all over me, making us late relatively late. Not a complaint! We've gotten our photos back, and my boyfriend was crying. Amazing job!! Anytime we're there I don't think we'll be using anyone else.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Erica · Married on 05/21/2015

Jonathan Moeller is amazing!! I planned my Kauai wedding from Seattle, WA and he was so wonderful to work with. I was able to communicate with him via email beforehand and he was always prompt in his reply and really understanding about certain shots I wanted.

On the day of the wedding, he did such an amazing job getting everyone together and posing us all. By the end of the day he was laughing and joking around with all of our guests, it was almost as if he was one of us!! It really helped to make the photo taking process more relaxed and comfortable.

When I got my pictures back....I was completely blown away. They were better then I ever thought possible and I was SO SHOCKED as to how many photos he actually took. There were photos that I had no idea he was taking. There was one photo though, that I will forever be grateful for Jonathan taking. My grandfather passed four years ago, and we had an in memory lei ordered and placed it on a chair during the ceremony, next to my grandmother. Being so wrapped up in the day, I never got the chance to see it on the chair before they moved all the chairs inside and I was devastated. I was also upset that not one of my guests got a photo of it. When I was looking through my photos, there among all 895 of them, was a photo of the lei on the chair and I about cried. Him getting that photo, meant more to me than words can say.

If you are looking for a photographer who will keep you calm and who produces one of a kind, absolutely, amazing photos; then you 100% must book with Jonathan Moeller. He is #1 in my book!! AND he recommended a wonderful videographer as well!!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Jessie · Married on 05/10/2015

Jonathan's photos turned out amazing! It really captured how beautiful our wedding actually was, and since we did a destination wedding, I was really happy to have them to share with the rest of my family and friends.

Thanks Jonathan!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Aiza · Married on 05/04/2015

Jonathan captured our joy and the beauty of our wedding day. We felt our wedding was magical, but it wasn't until we got Jonathan's pictures did we see how perfect it truly was. Thank you so much for your amazing work. :)

Sent on 06/21/2015

Matthew · Married on 04/14/2015

WOW!!! COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER!!! When you see Jonathan's photos, you know that they are his. He has a unique style that shines through all his photos. Working with him was so easy. He has a professional way of making you feel comfortable and guiding you through the shots. He knows how to bring the best out of you and capture you in the right light and location. He was very easy to work with outside of the shoot as well. So glad we had the opportunity to work with him. We just got our photos back from him and we couldn't be more pleased!!!!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Joseph · Married on 03/21/2015

Jonathan was fantastic and is a first class photographer. We highly recommend his services.

Sent on 04/06/2015