Jon Fleming Photography Reviews

101 | Springfield, VA

101 Reviews for Jon Fleming Photography

Hisham Naseer · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Prepare for the Proposal of Your Dreams with Jon

Jon is an excellent choice to fulfill your photography needs. He was very accommodating up until the very last minute. The bridge I was planning on crossing for my proposal was closed, but he was in constant communication with me and made last-minute changes. He did an excellent photography job too, providing me two sets of edits for the price of one that I was able to choose from. He even helped coordinate with a violinist that I ordered. Overall, Jon is the man to trust if you want to pull off the proposal of your dreams.

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Ken

Ken Grossman · Getting married on 10/07/2021

Great Experience and Pics

Jon was extremely professional from start to finish. I admittedly didn't know the first place to start with a surprise engagement photographer and Jon was able to help every step of the way. As a "type A" planner, Jon's care to detail and responsiveness helped make my proposal that much better. Not to mention, the pictures he was able to capture were perfect and my fiancee was so happy knowing Jon was able to perfectly capture our special evening.

Sent on 06/28/2020

Bryan M · Getting married on 07/08/2021

"A difference like night and day"

"Every single picture is edited to magazine quality" are the first words of shock that many of our family and friends share with us when describing the wedding photos we received from Jon.

I am very particular about the services I select, and choosing our wedding photographer was no different. My journey with Jon began 20 months prior to our wedding at my surprise proposal. I particularly selected Jon over eight other local photographers after comparing their night-time portfolios. Jon's pictures were clear, radiant, and his equipment was up to industry standards, so despite the mist and rain our pictures came out euphoric.

After receiving our proposal pictures, my wife (without my suggestion), immediately knew that we had to have him for our wedding. So Jon quickly mocked up some quotes for us, which included (per our request) an engagement shoot, wedding, and photobooth, and Jon was very, VERY, understanding of our needs and accommodating to our every request. We compared his quote to what my sister-in-laws had for their weddings, and despite my wedding being out of the DC area (NJ), Jon's price was the exact same (if not cheaper) than photographers local to the wedding site AND had all the above mentioned perks that the other photographers' quotes did not offer.

Jon's professionalism is second to none. I am carefully taking the time to write this review because his work has garnered my respect and admiration. He takes the time to hear your asks and wants, he is receptive to feedback and suggestions, and most importantly he is fresh and was extraordinarily approachable to all our guests. Also worth noting, our wedding was 200 guests, so Jon is able to manage larger weddings and possibly employ the assistance of an additional photographer (as he did for us).

I speak with certainty when saying that Jon has gained a friend and customer for life, and I am already looking forward to life events 2 years from now when I will once again be seeking Jon's services to capture yet another life moment. If you'd be interested in learning more about my 20-month experience working with Jon (from proposal to wedding), please ask Jon for my contact information. You can mention the late August 2019 wedding in NJ.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Dennis · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Professional and exceeds expectations

Jon exceeded all expectations with my proposal in August of 2019, the photos provided and professionalism made us select him for our wedding as well. We were supposed to have a full ceremony and reception May of 2020. That obviously changed and he happily worked with us, took great photos at our small ceremony at a park. He will be the photographer that we do use when we get to have our full ceremony as originally planned.

Sent on 05/26/2020

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you Ben! It was a pleasure to photograph your proposal and wedding ceremony! Cannot wait to celebrate with everyone for the reception next year!

Meghan · Getting married on 05/07/2021

Working with Jon was an absolute pleasure. I had shopped around the DC area before being directed to Jon by a professional photographer (family member). I fell in love with Jon’s work on his website. We communicated over the phone weeks before the event, the day before, and through email. He was charming and pleasant and kept me calm even when I worried about logistical issues such as weather ruining the surprise proposal. As someone who’d never been to DC before, Jon made it as easy as possible and made April 14th very special to me and my fiancée. I recommend Jon above all others.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Alexander Beyrent · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Surprise Proposal

Jon was amazing! He was amenable, friendly, and very responsive. The pictures came out beautifully and will definitely be a fond reminder of an incredibly special day.

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Grey

Grey Gordon · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Amazing Pictures, Extremely Professional

Jon was literally a lifesaver. I mistakenly gave him the wrong date when booking but he was extremely flexible and worked with me to find a time that was perfect. The pictures turned out greatly and he was incredibly professional the entire time. Thank you!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Robert

Robert Scott · Married on 01/09/2021

Perfect execution.

I hired Jon for a surprise proposal at Arlington National Cemetery. I am so happy that I did! Jon was incredibly kind and friendly throughout the entire process, and was able to capture the genuine emotion of the moment. His photography skills are some of the best I’ve ever seen. Jon was very responsive and flexible, even when we had to change plans the night before, he was able to adjust without issue. Jon takes his work seriously and went to the site a week before to ensure he could capture the right angles/lighting. He also got the full gallery to us the very next day which we were very happy about. I was incredibly impressed with the entire experience and know that if you hire him you’ll be glad you did.

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Thompson · Married on 12/12/2020

100% recommend

Jon took pictures of me and my boyfriend and I couldn’t have felt more comfortable. He gave us direction and the pictures came out so beautifully! And fast turn around! I couldn’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you Amanda! It was so great to photograph you and I know you will enjoy the photos! Cherry Blossoms were a perfect time to do a shoot!

Gregory J. Toms · Married on 10/31/2020

Highly Recommend.

If you are considering booking a photographer for a surprise proposal I cannot recommend Jon enough. He was an invaluable part of the planning and execution of my proposal. He helped assist me with the timing and location, and provided me with advice on how to achieve the ideal photos. Thanks to his assistance everything went off without a hitch and the photographs were perfect. Not to mention how quick the turnaround time was. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 11/10/2020

Robby A · Married on 10/24/2020

Surprise Proposal

Jon and his associate Mariah were excellent from our first exchange. I emailed Jon about two weeks before my surprise proposal and he made sure to accommodate for my needs. The photos are beautiful and my now fiancé is absolutely obsessed with them. So, guys, if your girlfriend likes pictures or you even think she likes pictures, this experience is worth it. I can't recommend Jon and his associates more. I am very happy with the quality of the product and the experience from start to finish.

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Torie

Torie Savidge · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing photos!

My husband and I had planned a large May 2020 wedding in North Carolina before the pandemic hit, and then had to totally pivot to a new plan. We hired Jon to be our photographer with less than three months to go before our newly planned microwedding, and I couldn't be happier with our decision.

Jon delivered stunning photos that truly captured the day and all the emotions. I'm not the type who loves to have their photo taken, but with Jon, I never felt stiff or overdone. He read the room and knew when to have posed photos and when to wrap them up. He managed to get every candid shot I wanted without making me feel like I was being followed by paparazzi.

The photos he took turned out beautifully, and my family who wasn't able to attend (due to the pandemic) felt like they were able to experience the whole day through his photos. Plus, he delivered them so quickly! I got my sneak peak while on my honeymoon, and the entire 700+ photo album about two weeks after my wedding.

Also, the prints I ordered from him came quickly and are stunning. I know they'll be on display for decades to come. I can't recommend Jon enough!

Sent on 12/12/2020

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2020

Jon was amazing at capturing our surprise engagement. He not only captured my moment of surprise but captured the magic and emotions of our special day. We loved our pictures and our family and friends loved feeling as if they were there when we shared our photos with them. Jon truly has an eye for capturing intimate and special moments between couples. My (now) fiancé killed it by choosing Jon to capture our proposal!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you Jordan! I had an amazing time capturing your surprise proposal at Greenhill Winery! Happy wedding planning!

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2020

Jon was an absolutely amazing photographer and he truly went above and beyond to help make the day special for me and my Fiancé! Prior to taking the photos, Jon actually helped to move a large group away from the tree to help and make sure that our photoshoot at Greenhill Winery was perfect! He literally captured the moment, by getting a picture of my Fiancé's face as I put the ring on her finger. He also captured her reaction as she said yes! Jon was so professional and worked with me to make sure that everything was perfect on this special day. I highly recommend Jon to anyone looking for a friendly and kind photographer to help capture the day!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Hi Jordan, Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to be apart of making your surprise proposal a memorable moment! I am so happy to have been able to document the moment!
  • Carlos

Carlos A. Molina · Married on 09/05/2020

Jon was fantastic!

Jon is an excellent photographer. Our engagement photos turned out great with him. We contacted him with a short notice, a a week before we wanted to take the photos and he was very easy to work with. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Tricia

Tricia Copeland · Married on 08/30/2020

Gif & Photo Booth for COVID wedding!

At a time where things were so uncertain, Jon was reliable & agreed to be a vendor at our wedding! He was friendly and patient will all of my guests & wore a mask the entire time he was there. Everyone loved the gif & photo booth & I will definitely choose Jon again for future events! It made our night an unforgettable one!

Sent on 09/16/2020

James Paulose · Married on 08/22/2020

Awesome Surprise Proposal Photos!

Jon helped me pull off my surprise proposal perfectly! He was very responsive and helped me pick out a great location. The photos are amazing, and my fiancee and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you James for the kind words. It was so great to be able to capture your surprise proposal moment!
  • Danielle

Danielle Feinstein · Married on 08/08/2020

outstanding photographer in the DC area!

Jon did an amazing job and was super flexible with our COVID related changes. He sent us "highlights" 24 hours after our wedding, and sent the rest of the photos less than two weeks afterwards. I've heard of other photographers that take months to complete the photos. He made us feel comfortable, and took natural candid photos that don't seem staged. I highly recommend Jon for your photography needs!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Andrew · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing experience and beautiful photographs!

I came across some of Jon's photos online while exploring locations in DC to propose to my girlfriend, having had no prior thought of having the moment professionally photographed. But the quality of his photos and the great reviews online led me to contact him to capture my proposal. He responded very quickly and clearly outlined his services for proposal photography. Once booked, I communicated with Jon by email over the next month while I decided on a location; Jon was always quick to respond and extremely patient with me, providing suggestions and photographs of different proposal locations he had done. Jon even went out to two different locations I found online to explore them and see if they would be good options; I ended up picking a spot that Jon stumbled upon while checking out one of those locations for me. Jon was very responsive and thorough in the planning of the surprise proposal. I had full confidence that everything was planed and looked after. The day of went exactly as planned with Jon, and he was able to capture perfect photographs of the surprise proposal. My now fiancé had no idea I had been planning this and loved the idea of the surprise proposal. The photoshoot after the proposal was very well done and Jon was fun to work with.

I would recommend Jon without reservations to anyone looking for a professional and talented photographer. He was a pleasure to work with and he captured our surprise proposal in a way that I did not think was possible. We now have absolutely beautiful, professional photographs of that moment. Thank you so much, Jon!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Hi Andrew, thank you for your kind review! I had a great time planning with you and capturing your proposal!

Helen Fisher · Married on 01/02/2020

Engagement/Wedding

Jon was able to accommodate us through Facebook messenger. On the day of both the engagement shoot and the wedding at the court he was very punctual in his time of arrival and so professional! He is so attentive and knows his way so well behind the camera! His years of experience show through his ability to capture the moment. He’s very skilled at finding details to capture the day. We are so pleased with the pictures we got on our online gallery! Jon was so quick to send us our finished shots. We recommend Jon to anyone needing to capture a special day!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Caitlin · Married on 12/14/2019

Highly Recommend Jon

Jon was responsive, professional, and flexible to work with from day one. He helped me pick the perfect location for my surprise proposal. He then helped me find what ended up being an even better spot the day before because of anticipated rain during the proposal.

The day of, Jon was responsive and agile. He quickly (and discreetly) communicated to me a slight change in location because recent graduates were posing for photos in my planned proposal spot. He captured our special moment perfectly.

In addition, he sent us our entire photo gallery the very next day. Our friends, family members, and coworkers have been raving to us about the photos. We can’t wait to print them and hang them in our home!

If you’re on the fence about hiring a photographer like I was, I can’t recommend Jon enough. He was worth every penny, and we are so very glad that we have photos documenting our moment. I would recommend Jon to anyone looking to photograph a special moment.

Sent on 12/22/2019

Meredith · Married on 11/01/2019

Highly recommend!

Jon captured some lovely candid moments as well as some great posed photos at and after our courthouse ceremony. We are so glad we worked with him! He was very easy going, professional, and flexible. It was also a great deal compared to other photographers that we considered.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Brandon · Married on 10/17/2019

We seriously could not have asked for a better photographer! Jon was punctual, friendly, understanding of planning for a cherry blossom shoot and he captured everything we wanted to express in our engagement photos and more! There is a reason why he's so well reviewed and popular. On top of all of this, we had brought our dog to be include in the photoshoot and he was able to work with that as well!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you Brandon! I had a great time photography your engagement session at The Cherry Blossoms!

Kathleen McNally · Married on 09/21/2019

Photo booth

We used Jon's photo booth service for our wedding, and I'm so glad we did! Jon was very responsive and efficient in our communications. At the wedding, he was incredibly kind and professional. Our guests loved him (and of course the photo booth)! We received the photos the next day and it has been so fun looking through them. I absolutely recommend Jon for any event and I hope I have a chance to work with him again!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jon Fleming Photography's reply:

Thank you Kathleen! It was a pleasure to provide the photo booth for your wedding reception! I had a fun time with all your guest and making sure everything was a success!
  • Megan

Megan Rei · Married on 09/02/2019

Jon is the best!

Jon does amazing work! His photos are so bright and colorful, and he gets the absolute best candid moments. I love how his pictures capture people’s personalities! He’s friendly, funny, and makes all of his clients feel comfortable in front of the camera. You gotta check out his awesome photo booth too!

Sent on 08/05/2019