Jon Ardito Entertainment Reviews

80 | Philadelphia, PA

80 Reviews for Jon Ardito Entertainment

• Z

Zoe · Married on 11/15/2019

I was sore from dancing for three days

DJ Mitch djed our wedding on 11/15 and I am not kidding when I say that every single guest was on the dance floor. He read the room PERFECTLY and was able to appeal to all different ages (205 guests) with the songs he played. Jon Ardito was so easy to communicate with during the planning process. He was super responsive and understanding of our needs as a couple planning a wedding from across the country. I would recommend Jon Ardito entertainment and DJ Mitch to EVERYONE getting married. We are still receiving compliments on the music! We also contracted a photo booth for our reception and everyone loved it! The guest book we received with a copy of all the pictures was a great touch :)

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Susie

Susie Kwon · Married on 11/02/2019

Jon’s team will make it happen.

Jon came highly recommended to us by our venue and catering vendor – you can tell Jon is a hardworking guy. He listened to us to understand what we wanted and then worked with us to make our dream wedding happened! The music and the atmosphere was perfect for our wedding. It started with the romantic ceremony and cocktail hour with the string trio. Then, the amber lighting (arranged by Jon’s team) made for some great shots and the dance floor was going strong all night! Cheddy is a talented DJ and did great job with emceeing. We are so grateful that we had Jon and his team as our partner!

Sent on 02/02/2020
  • Kimmie

Kimmie · Married on 09/28/2019

Really great experience

We hired several musicians with Jon and it was a great decision. We had the string trio play at the ceremony, pianist at the cocktail hour, and DJ at the reception. Jon was easy to coordinate with and all the musicians at our wedding were great and so friendly. Jim was our pianist as well as leader of the string trio and he was great! We also had DJ Cheddy at the reception that made things a lot of fun. We would definitely recommend booking anyone through Jon!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Abbey

Abbey Agresti · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful wedding ceremony/cocktail hour live music

Jon was amazing throughout the process of hiring live musicians for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We told him the vibe and style of music we were hoping for during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and he immediately recommended Jim Holton. Come wedding day Jim and his partner did not disappoint. We requested several specific songs be played for the ceremony on piano and it all sounded beautiful. During our cocktail hour Jim and his partner on saxophone played soul/Motown covers and executed wonderfully. Thank you for helping make our wedding day music be memorable and exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend hiring Jon Ardito Entertainment for your next event.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Shereen

Shereen · Married on 08/24/2019

Awesome kept the party going

Very interactive. Kept the party moving. They were great with announcements.

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Gabriela

Gabriela · Married on 05/11/2019

Versatility, value, and amazing music!

We can't say enough good things about Jon Ardito's Soul City Shakedown, and our guests have been raving about the quality of the band. They perfectly executed exactly the vibe we wanted, and the emcee Gnomi struck the perfect balance of letting our guests chill and then getting everyone on the dance floor. She really read the room, and even changed some song lyrics on the fly to fit some common themes of the day! That was awesome! Jon was super easy to work with, very helpful with suggestions for me, and he has put together a band with amazing quality at a very competitive price compared to other bands we looked at. The value is mind-blowing!! I would definitely recommend Soul City Shakedown to anyone who loves live music that is well-executed, needs a versatile band who can cover a wide range of genres, and acts extremely professionally while having a blast. Thank you, Jon, Gnomi, and the rest of the band for helping make our wedding reception unforgettable!!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/03/2019

Soul City Shakedown and Joe Ardito are Awesome!

We booked Soul City Shakedown for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music, and they were awesome! Joe was easy to work with, he checked in with us throughout the process, worked with our venue to coordinate details, and on the day of the wedding he made sure that we were happy with everything. We got a lot of compliments on the music, especially on the MC/female vocalist! She was phenomenal and got everyone on the dance floor. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Christina

Christina Criniti · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Job!

Everything was great! Dan was awesome!! The music choices were great and he was a pleasure to work with! We couldn’t have asked for anything better!

We won’t hesitate to recommend you guys to anyone in the future!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Morgan · Married on 03/15/2019

Wonderful wedding DJ!

We booked Jon Ardito Entertainment for our wedding on March 15, 2019 and chose Joel Kupis as our DJ. They were extremely professional and organized. Joel went out of his way to meet with my husband and I in person before we even booked him as our DJ. Then a few weeks before our wedding he sent us a checklist to fill out to ensure that we were all on the same page about the schedule of our wedding night. Joel then scheduled a phone call with us to walk through our completed checklist together. Then on the day of our wedding Joel arrived early to coordinate with our venue and set-up. The night couldn't have been more perfect! Joel kept everybody out on the dance floor the entire night! He played the perfect mix of music to appeal to all ages at our wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Corrie Eisenhart · Married on 12/29/2018

Made our night!

Jon and his band, Soul City Shakedown, made our wedding night! We were on a budget and at one point even wondering if we could afford a band. Jon worked with us and brought 4 of his 6-8 person band and while there were fewer band members, they did not lack any of the charisma, volume, or energy. From introductions to making sure we did every single aspect (cocktail hour, introductions, first dance, parent dances, MC) was exactly what we wanted. They know how to engage the crowd and kept our dance floor packed all night long! Jon and his team were the easiest vendor I’ve ever worked with and truly made our wedding night the night the best, and most fun, night ever!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/24/2018

Don't look any farther!

I've worked with Jon and his team professionally a few times and didn't hesitate once I got engaged. Jon was so easy to work with from the beginning to find the best entertainment for my style wedding. Joel was our DJ and was so helpful from the planning stage and amazing the day of with choosing the perfect uplighting. Kat sang during our cocktail hour and I can't say enough about her! Our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing they both were! I would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Nick Hansinger · Married on 11/10/2018

The best sounds and service!

Joel from Jon Ardito Entertainment was amazing at our wedding on November 10th. He reached out to us a week or so before or have a phone call and go over specifics, song lists, preference, and everything else, and left us feeling so confident that he had everything under control and we didn't have to worry about the little details. Joel did a lot of things that really stood out. He had a great feel for the crowd, and even though we had a fairly even mix of mid-20 year olds and people 50-60, the dance floor was never empty. Also, during our mother-son dance, after I felt like I could not go any longer without horribly messing up my steps, I gave Joel the slightest look and he ended the song. He even left my wife's father borrow his speakers to play piano for cocktail hour. Jon Ardito was very helpful in booking and connecting us with Joel when we were initially looking for a DJ, and you are in good hands with this team.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Alicia Madonna Lympus · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Wedding Band!

Soul City Shakedown is such an amazing band!! We still have people telling us how awesome our band was at our wedding months after! Jon was always very responsive and the band was very accommodating to what we wanted them to play! They also really know how to read the room and get people dancing and they time the cake cutting/special dances etc. perfectly. Everything went seamlessly. We would HIGHLY recommend them for your event!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded our Expectations

With Black Tie Optional being a relatively new Wedding band, we were a tad nervous. Jon Ardito calmed our nerves and showed he knew us well by pairing us with this band! Every guest that came up to us at our wedding said they were blown away! We are thrilled with how they upped the level of party on our big day!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

The Talk of the Wedding!

I chose this band after hearing only 30 seconds of them playing. We caught the last bit of their last song for a trial but that was all I needed to hear to know they were the ones for our wedding. I cannot even begin to count the number of guests who complimented our choice of the band. Everyone always starts with: "It was all so beautiful....and that band!" Jon was SO professional and did an absolute above and beyond job controlling the vibe of the room. They knew how to get the crowd quiet for toasts and exactly when to start bumping up the beat to initiate some serious dancing. The sound and vocals were absolutely TOP NOTCH. They even helped us with a few unique requests: a pre-recording for our introductions, an unconventional "first dance" song AND some polka for my polish descent grandfather who has quite the polka moves for an 89 year old. Jon was extremely accommodating with all of our requests and truly gave us everything you would ever want in a band for your wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Donna · Married on 10/12/2018

Groom’s Mother

I met up with Jon and his band through the philly event group and listened to them at a few showcases. I can’t express enough what a great listener Jon is and how he aims to please! He is personable and pleasant and responds to every email and contact so quickly. This level of professionalism is so important when you are planning a wedding. His band is amazing! You just have to get up and dance when his band plays.!! My only regret is that the wedding finally ended and the band stopped playing!! I could listen to them forever! The guests loved them! Do yourself a favor and hire this band for a fabulous party!!!! Love!! Love!! Love!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

One Of the Best Vendors We Worked With!

Working with Jon Ardito and his team was a dream from the start. It impressed me that Jon had the time to communicate back and forth with me (and in a very timely manner, I will add) about the details of the live music for my wedding. He listened to what I wanted and offered recommendations on available musicians. No question was unreasonable and he was very patient with me. We wanted a pianist for the ceremony and a jazz trio during the cocktail hour and they absolutely killed it!! I even gave Alexander, our pianist, songs from YouTube (but no sheet music) and he learned both of the songs. Everything sounded amazing and it meant a lot to me that he did that for me as the songs had personal significance. The jazz trio was great, too, based on the two seconds I heard them (comes with the territory of being the bride, I guess!). I would book and recommend Jon Ardito Entertainment over and over again.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Ariel · Married on 09/15/2018

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had nothing but compliments all night of how amazing you guys were!!! We were so lucky to have you there. We truly thank you for everything. You guys were amazing!! Thank you for everything. My other half wanted me to reiterate that everyone said absolutely amazing things about you guys and we did not stop dancing all night!!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 08/31/2018

Incredible Wedding Band

We knew we wanted Soul City Shakedown to play our wedding halfway through their first song at a routine Tuesday night showcase in Philly. They knocked us out of the park in a minute flat! My husband and I are both musicians, so we were a bit pickier about this vendor than others when planning our wedding. Soul City Shakedown is full of top-notch musicians who can play nearly any genre with serious skill. They are polished top to bottom and know how to pace an event. Transitions, set lists, sound, EVERYTHING. Their frontwoman, Gnomi, is a one of a kind vocalist. Our family and friends are STILL talking about how incredible they were.

Here's what meant the most to me: I wanted to surprise my husband by singing a song, and we wanted one of our dearest friends to sing our first dance. They learned THREE songs for us, let our talented friend sing, and worked with me and three backup singers. They prepared a special entrance for us (without asking! it was the perfect way to enter our reception) and went above and beyond to fill our day with beautiful music. I am forever grateful for their flexibility, excitement, and personalization. Thank you Jon and SCS!!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Ross · Married on 08/26/2018

Jon was easy to work with and extremely professional as a whole. We booked Elegance String Duo for our ceremony and DJ Leo for our reception and were so happy with the service they provided. They were easy, professional, very talented and affordable! Highly recommend JAE!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 08/12/2018

Soul City Shakedown are OUTSTANDING!

Soul City Shakedown are OUTSTANDING! We saw this incredible band at one of their showcases with the intention of booking a 6 piece band but after seeing them live and presenting us with the full Sha-BAM we had to go for the full thing. Jon was outstanding to work with, personal and professional and this was echoed by the band. One of the most important aspects of our wedding was to find an incredible band and Soul City Shakedown knocked it out the park and went so far above our expectations. The Pianist during our ceremony, the Jazz being played during our cocktail hour and the impact the full band made at our reception will never be forgotten. Every song they played had the whole place dancing all night and singing at the top of their lungs. There is nothing like having a live band at your wedding, the energy this band gives to your wedding is truly special. Thank you Soul City Shakedown, you made our celebration electrifying.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Christina · Married on 08/11/2018

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This band was everything and even a month after a wedding people are still telling me how awesome they were. We had all 10 members and they rocked it. Great variety of music and everyone of all ages was dancing. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for kicking butt at my wedding! We love you guys!

Sent on 09/05/2018

N · Married on 06/30/2018

Soul City Shakedown performed at our wedding at The Asbury Hotel this summer and they were absolutely fabulous. We selected their 8-piece ensemble. They came recommended and the level of talent did not disappoint. In particular, while all reviews below can attest to their quality, I can confirm their commitment, high energy level and tirelessness. Our wedding was slightly off schedule and Soul City was supposed to take a second break at a set time. However, since the true “dance portion” of the night started late, they did not take a break - they kept going to the end. If you decide to book Soul City, my final advice is to not shy away from their crowd involvement. We did not have a true stage at our venue and the two lead vocals moved into the dance floor naturally and enthusiastically. It was memorable!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Deanna · Married on 06/09/2018

I wish we could give higher than 5 stars because that's how we felt after our wedding in June! Soul City Shakedown exceeded all expectations for our reception and made it the evening of our lives! We felt like we won the lottery hiring Jon and his team!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We can't stop raving about Soul City Shakedown (Jon Ardito Entertainment). We met them first at a friends' wedding, and they were by far the most fun and energetic bands we had seen. We had a DJ, but made the switch. Not only is the music great, but they're a wonderful company to work with. So laidback, fun, and professional and they really take your tastes and preferences into account -- the whole experience felt really personal. Overall, we couldn't recommend them enough and hope to catch them at another wedding!

Sent on 06/25/2018