49 Reviews for Jon Ardito Entertainment

Sample Music (5)
Willing to Travel (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
47 Jon Ardito Entertainment Reviews

I have been receiving compliments on the DJ, Pianist, and MC for the weeks following the wedding. It was such a blast to see almost everyone having such a great time on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

As a wedding planner, we look for 3 main things in a band: professionalism, responsiveness and talent. This band has it ALL and more!!! They came in from PA and were absolutely fantastic to work with- patient, friendly, easy going and eager to make the bride and her family happy. The had the guests on the dance floor the entire night. They arrived the day before wedding day, so we didn't have to worry about any travel delays. Would highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Barb, 3/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I was lucky enough to stumble upon Jon Ardito & Band at a Philadelphia Bridal Expo - we are SO GLAD WE DID!!!!! Jon was so easy to work with, and responded quickly to all of my questions. He delivered on any special request I had!
The dance floor was packed at our wedding... the entire time! There was never a time where the dance floor looked empty - we owe that all to Soul City Shakedown and the amazing job they did with their song selection!

At our request, Nomi and Charlie did an amazing duet during our ceremony and then Nomi took it over for my walk down the aisle doing a beautiful rendition of La Vie en Rose. It took my breath away!

Nomi was an AMAZING emcee - we loved how she left the stage, walking around the ballroom while singing, it really got our guests engaged! I was told that she also stood near the ballroom entrance and sang as guests poured in (I heard they LOVED that) and I hope to see that in our wedding video!!!

John & I heard from several people that the band made the wedding the huge success that it was (and we couldn't agree more!) There were times we needed to leave the dance floor to catch my breath and grab a drink of water...but the next song they started to play was TOO good, and we turned right back around to dance!

BOOK JON ARDITO!!!! You will be so happy you did!!! :)

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jon was great to work with. As a wedding coordinator, I found Jon and his team easy to communicate with; they were prompt and responsive, and they gave our client a great deal of attention throughout the entire process. Jon is timely, easy to get along with, his band is very talented and professional, and they keep a dancefloor packed! I will continue to work with Jon and his team and look forward to the next event!

Profile Picture Kellie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Incredible band! So many of our guest raved on their performance. They brought great energy and music to our big day! Jon worked with us every step of the way to personalize the music and production.

Profile Picture Allison, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Working with Jon was a super easy process, he put together a package for us to have a DJ for our wedding. we hired Leo as our DJ and he listened to exactly how we wanted our reception to go! From the processions to introductions and reception everything was flawless and perfect! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Annemarie, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I am giving JAE (specifically Soul City Shakedown) a perfect 5 because they made my wedding night SO much fun! They kept everyone on the dance floor all night and played a fun mixture including several personal requests that caused cousins and friends from both families to bond over classic family favorites. Everyone was raving about the band. They were professional from beginning to start. Simply easy and fun to work with from answering emails to showing up at our venue to plan specifics. I would hire them again any day! My husband and I agree it was our best wedding decision to hire them.

Profile Picture Abby, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Jon Ardito Entertainment is the absolute best in the game. We used him and his team for our wedding in September and could not have been happier! Aside from providing a full band, Jon's team did the outdoor ceremony music, steel drum at cocktail hour and the photo booth (huge hit!) As a very hands off bride, giving little direction, Jon coordinated in the most professional manner with the staff at the Merion Cricket Club for a flawless evening we will remember for the rest of our lives. He read our minds and covered all the bases! Our guests could not stop raving about what a spectacular band they were... completely bringing the party and taking the house down!! They take care of you in every aspect and we highly recommend JAE and know you will love them as much as we did! https://vimeo.com/241763889/b5428a15b6

Profile Picture Cullen, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

If you are looking for a live band and have no idea where to start, start with Soul City Shakedown through Jon Ardito Entertainment. Working with them was one of the best experiences we had in planning our wedding; Jon was very easy going through the entire planning process and very accommodating to what we wanted. They played live music for our ceremony, during cocktail hour, dinner, and through the reception... and it was absolutely AMAZING. Not only did we love their music, our guests were VERY enthusiastic about Soul City Shakedown! Everyone, young and old, was enjoying the party and on the dance floor. We are 3 weeks post-wedding, and we still have family and friends telling us how amazing our band was. If you want a great experience with a live band, regardless of the size of band, Soul City Shakedown is for you. You will undoubtedly get a very fun experience. Thank you to the entire group for giving us such great musical talent and ambiance on our wedding day. We have so many fun memories - from our first dance to the Conga line - to look back upon thanks to Soul City Shakedown.

Profile Picture Denise, 8/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Ardito Entertainment definitely delivered for my wife and I's wedding. We had it right in the center city area of Philadelphia. Let me say we were definitely on a budget but Jon was able to work with us and really made our whole event such a memorable experience. If you are looking for an entertainment company for your wedding give them a call. Nothing but good things to say about this company.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor

The first thing my Husband and I agreed on when we got engaged- before we even looked at venues- was that we HAD to have a band for our wedding. Knowing the market is flooded with run-of-the-mill wedding bands that have steep price tags, we were absolutely blown away by Soul City Shakedown. Jon is is a breeze to work with and the band is incredibly talented. Like, $10k+ caliber talented. They killed it during our reception and our guests are still going crazy over how great they were. The professionalism, passion, and talent made it an absolute joy for us from beginning to end.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We cannot thank Jon and his team enough for making our wedding this weekend perfect! Our guests raved about Soul City Shakedown! Jonwas so easy to work with and made sure our guests were dancing all night. My dad was especially impressed with the band's rendition of "Sweet Child of Mine" for the father-daughter dance!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The DJ that we had was Leo. He is so professional and fun to have as a DJ. Jon was very focused on making the wedding of our dreams, down to the lighting they offer. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Stephany, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I highly recommend Jon Ardito Entertainment! I requested a four people band(Guitar/male vocals, female vocals, upright bass, keyboard) for my wedding. Jon was very helpful, thoughtful and easy to work with! He always response to my question fast and helpful. According to the wedding and the music I want, he recommended a perfect fit for me, I got lots of very helpful suggestion. The price is very reasonable and lower than other bands I considered about. The band worked very great! I love how the keyboard player's performance during the ceremony! It lets nearly everyone cry! It was beautiful and romantic. I also love Ryan, Kat and 2 other instrumentalists' performance during the whole night! Ryan and Kat's sound are perfect. Even after the wedding, I always listen to their songs online. Thank you all for giving us what a perfect night!

Profile Picture Shilei, 5/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Joel was a pleasure to work with. It was wonderful to have him there to handle their videos/quizo game and of course the music. We hope to be able to work with you and Joel again in the future!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our wedding was such a long time in the making (11 years) that I wanted the two main emotions of our wedding day to be LOVE and FUN!! I knew I wanted a live band; and even with that I, wanted to find a company that ENTERTAINED our guests!! When I closed my eyes and dreamed of our party I saw big smiles, giggling, belly-laughing and silliness. I saw dancing and singing and people letting loose! I was like every bride wanting that dream to come true and the day to remember for a lifetime. I wanted this for all of our guests and loved ones!! Some thorough research into local bands that supported, entertained, worked with couples, and had classically trained musicians brought me to Jon Ardito and his band. I cannot say enough good things about him and Gnomi his lead singer, Charlie the lead guitarist and all of the other musicians (8 of them in all) that played for us on our special day. Jon and his team literally met with us for months! to learn our favorite songs; choreograph a wedding dance for us; learn about our guests and our mothers…and on and on and on. We played games! We had props! Like blues brother glasses and confetti and glow lights! We had a dance-off!
My dream came true. Our daughter’s friends said it was the most fun they’ve ever had at a wedding! Our reception hall director said it was one of the top three if not the most wonderful wedding he ever hosted. He said people were warm and open and friendly and they had fun! The BAND was awesome. Even our saddest loved ones who recently lost loves were dancing and singing to the top of their lungs! People are still talking about our wedding and the wedding band. I see and hear smiles and giggles and belly-laughing. I see singing and dancing and group hugs and LOVE. The only difference now is that they are not visions in my head; but the most treasured pictures of my loved ones on my wedding day! Jon Ardito and his band ARE LOVE and FUN. They make it so easy to feel these things when they sing and play!

Profile Picture Sharon, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jon Ardito Entertainment is by far the best wedding band in DC. My husband and I were so pleased with their performance. Jon and his band are talented and professional. We highly recommend Jon Ardito Entertainment - you won't regret!

Profile Picture User7447563, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Being the huge music fans that we are, booking the right band to play our wedding was a top priority for us. With that being said, my wife and I can honestly not say enough good things about Jon and his company.

For our ceremony we had a string quartet; for our cocktail hour we had a jazz duo; and for the ceremony we had a 7-piece band. Jon took care of everything and needed very little from us (unlike some wedding vendors who ask you for the same information multiple times). They were very flexible in learning two songs for our "first dances", as well as several others. We had a pretty specific vision for the overall genres/tones of music that we wanted to be played and the dance floor was never even close to being vacant during the entire 4.5-hour reception.

We showcased several other similar bands (6 to 8-piece type "big bands"), and all of their renditions seemed to blend together. Soul City Shakedown had a very concise sound yet each song had it's own personality. Also, the wide variety of music they are able to play is fantastic and they will certainly cater to your individual taste. We requested lots of 70s, 80s, 90s, Motown, etc. and very little to no top 40s, and they worked with us on the setlist, giving us exactly what we were looking for.

We received non-stop compliments from our guests that night and the next morning on how awesome the band was. My mom even said to me, "never in 35+ years of knowing him, have I seen your father dance that much!"

If you want a similar experience (minimal hassle leading up to the wedding and lots of dancing on the day of the wedding) then go with Jon Ardito Entertainment!

Thanks again Jon, Ray, Chelsea and everyone else!

Profile Picture Bill, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are looking for a band to play your wedding or event - look no further. Jon Ardito Entertainment delivered quality live music above and beyond my expectations. The single most heard comment from my guests was "Love the band". Jon is easy to work with, professional, accommodating and the music was fantastic! He will work with you to driver the sound you're looking to hear. I highly recommend them. There is no need to keep searching - book JAE now!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hands down, JAE made our wedding perfect. We had the reception at my parents house in the backyard and Jon (the owner/CEO) came out to our home months before the wedding to help assess the best set up and make sure everything would be good to go for the big day. He and his band played all night with minimal breaks (and still had an awesome playlist in the short time they did take breaks where people continued to dance)! They took charge and made sure things went smoothly from the cocktail hour to bridal party announcements to speeches -- and even learned 'special lyrics' for my Father/Daughter dance with my dad. They went above and beyond to ensure everyone had an amazing time and never left the dance floor! Jon and his team are HIGHLY recommended!!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

WOW! Jon and the members of his entertainment group that we hired for our wedding were outstanding. We booked a 3-piece band for cocktail hour, a 5-piece band during dinner, and then switched to a DJ after dinner for dancing. All of the musicians were truly outstanding - I wish that these guys played public gigs on a regular basis because I would absolutely go. The DJ we booked through Jon was also fantastic... he did a great job of getting everyone on the dance floor and really kept the party going. Finally, Jon was a dream to work with - we didn't quite know what we wanted so he worked with us to create something truly special!

Profile Picture User4829914, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We could not have been happier with Soul City Shakedown for our wedding! After looking online at countless bands, speaking with a few band managers on the phone and going to a few showcases, it became painfully obvious that finding the right band for us was going to be a challenge. Then we came across Soul City Shakedown. We immediately were drawn to their musical style and energy!.
During the entire planning process leading up to the wedding, Jon was always available if we had questions and guided us through the entire pre-wedding band 'to dos'. When we had questions or needed song suggestions, Jon provided us his guidance in these matters and/ or reached out to the band members for their advice. He really helped us iron out the final details. For the wedding reception, we went with the 6 piece band and had Charlie play the guitar during the ceremony. For the cocktail hour, we used a grand piano at the venue and a saxophone. As we got closer to the wedding date, we realized we also wanted to utilize the grand piano as the guests arrived. Jon was more than happy to accommodate this last minute request.
From a song perspective, Jon and band were able to play almost all of our requests (and we had several!). From the time they started playing during our reception until the end of the night, they had everyone on the dance floor. They performed such a wide range of music- from jazz to pop to oldies to soul, they did it all! We are still getting compliments from our guests on how amazing Soul City Shakedown was at our reception. If you are looking for a wedding band who is professional, on time, sounds great, cares about making sure your wedding music is exactly what you want it to be, then this is the band you should book! From how easy it is to work with Jon, to how much they bring to the table for your wedding, there really isn’t anything else you could ask for in a wedding band. We would book them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User6437218, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Sample Music, Vocals

Working with Jon Ardito Entertainment was very easy and smooth. Jon is very personable and reliable. Within about one week I had spoken to him about the musicians available, their styles, and their costs, we booked! Pricing worked well in our budget. We had the AWESOME and very talented Charlie Hannagan for four hours at our reception. I was confident and worry-free which is exactly what you need on your wedding day. Thank you Jon and Charlie!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked Soul City Shakedown with the full band including the horns section for our 200-person wedding in July 2016 and it could not have been a more awesome night! Our entire experience planning the music with Jon Ardito was top notch, not to mention really fun! JAE learned a number of new songs for us, even in our favorite genre (Alt Rock) and each one was played better than the next. Outside of our requested songs, the mix of older and newer songs with plenty of wedding favorites in there, was perfect. I recommend trusting JAE with the set list as they really know how to feel out the vibe of a wedding and crowd. Our guests were blown away. I've received multiple wedding cards since our wedding with notes that our band "was amazing." People couldn't stop dancing! At the end of the night our guests even requested an encore and Soul City Shakedown was kind enough to oblige, bringing the house down with an awesome rendition of Outkast's "Hey Ya." Go see Soul City Shakedown play at one of their music showcases and book this band! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals