Jon Ardito Entertainment Reviews

Jon Ardito Entertainment 6
Jon Ardito Entertainment 7

Corrie Eisenhart · Married on 12/29/2018

Made our night!

Jon and his band, Soul City Shakedown, made our wedding night! We were on a budget and at one point even wondering if we could afford a band. Jon worked with us and brought 4 of his 6-8 person band and while there were fewer band members, they did not lack any of the charisma, volume, or energy. From introductions to making sure we did every single aspect (cocktail hour, introductions, first dance, parent dances, MC) was exactly what we wanted. They know how to engage the crowd and kept our dance floor packed all night long! Jon and his team were the easiest vendor I’ve ever worked with and truly made our wedding night the night the best, and most fun, night ever!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/24/2018

Don't look any farther!

I've worked with Jon and his team professionally a few times and didn't hesitate once I got engaged. Jon was so easy to work with from the beginning to find the best entertainment for my style wedding. Joel was our DJ and was so helpful from the planning stage and amazing the day of with choosing the perfect uplighting. Kat sang during our cocktail hour and I can't say enough about her! Our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing they both were! I would highly recommend their services!

Nick Hansinger · Married on 11/10/2018

The best sounds and service!

Joel from Jon Ardito Entertainment was amazing at our wedding on November 10th. He reached out to us a week or so before or have a phone call and go over specifics, song lists, preference, and everything else, and left us feeling so confident that he had everything under control and we didn't have to worry about the little details. Joel did a lot of things that really stood out. He had a great feel for the crowd, and even though we had a fairly even mix of mid-20 year olds and people 50-60, the dance floor was never empty. Also, during our mother-son dance, after I felt like I could not go any longer without horribly messing up my steps, I gave Joel the slightest look and he ended the song. He even left my wife's father borrow his speakers to play piano for cocktail hour. Jon Ardito was very helpful in booking and connecting us with Joel when we were initially looking for a DJ, and you are in good hands with this team.

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded our Expectations

With Black Tie Optional being a relatively new Wedding band, we were a tad nervous. Jon Ardito calmed our nerves and showed he knew us well by pairing us with this band! Every guest that came up to us at our wedding said they were blown away! We are thrilled with how they upped the level of party on our big day!

Donna · Married on 10/12/2018

Groom’s Mother

I met up with Jon and his band through the philly event group and listened to them at a few showcases. I can’t express enough what a great listener Jon is and how he aims to please! He is personable and pleasant and responds to every email and contact so quickly. This level of professionalism is so important when you are planning a wedding. His band is amazing! You just have to get up and dance when his band plays.!! My only regret is that the wedding finally ended and the band stopped playing!! I could listen to them forever! The guests loved them! Do yourself a favor and hire this band for a fabulous party!!!! Love!! Love!! Love!!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

One Of the Best Vendors We Worked With!

Working with Jon Ardito and his team was a dream from the start. It impressed me that Jon had the time to communicate back and forth with me (and in a very timely manner, I will add) about the details of the live music for my wedding. He listened to what I wanted and offered recommendations on available musicians. No question was unreasonable and he was very patient with me. We wanted a pianist for the ceremony and a jazz trio during the cocktail hour and they absolutely killed it!! I even gave Alexander, our pianist, songs from YouTube (but no sheet music) and he learned both of the songs. Everything sounded amazing and it meant a lot to me that he did that for me as the songs had personal significance. The jazz trio was great, too, based on the two seconds I heard them (comes with the territory of being the bride, I guess!). I would book and recommend Jon Ardito Entertainment over and over again.

Ariel · Married on 09/15/2018

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had nothing but compliments all night of how amazing you guys were!!! We were so lucky to have you there. We truly thank you for everything. You guys were amazing!! Thank you for everything. My other half wanted me to reiterate that everyone said absolutely amazing things about you guys and we did not stop dancing all night!!

• Nina

Nina · Married on 08/31/2018

Incredible Wedding Band

We knew we wanted Soul City Shakedown to play our wedding halfway through their first song at a routine Tuesday night showcase in Philly. They knocked us out of the park in a minute flat! My husband and I are both musicians, so we were a bit pickier about this vendor than others when planning our wedding. Soul City Shakedown is full of top-notch musicians who can play nearly any genre with serious skill. They are polished top to bottom and know how to pace an event. Transitions, set lists, sound, EVERYTHING. Their frontwoman, Gnomi, is a one of a kind vocalist. Our family and friends are STILL talking about how incredible they were.

Here's what meant the most to me: I wanted to surprise my husband by singing a song, and we wanted one of our dearest friends to sing our first dance. They learned THREE songs for us, let our talented friend sing, and worked with me and three backup singers. They prepared a special entrance for us (without asking! it was the perfect way to enter our reception) and went above and beyond to fill our day with beautiful music. I am forever grateful for their flexibility, excitement, and personalization. Thank you Jon and SCS!!

Jon Ardito Entertainment 8
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 9
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 10
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 11
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 12
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 13
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 14

Ross · Married on 08/26/2018

Jon was easy to work with and extremely professional as a whole. We booked Elegance String Duo for our ceremony and DJ Leo for our reception and were so happy with the service they provided. They were easy, professional, very talented and affordable! Highly recommend JAE!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 08/12/2018

Soul City Shakedown are OUTSTANDING!

Soul City Shakedown are OUTSTANDING! We saw this incredible band at one of their showcases with the intention of booking a 6 piece band but after seeing them live and presenting us with the full Sha-BAM we had to go for the full thing. Jon was outstanding to work with, personal and professional and this was echoed by the band. One of the most important aspects of our wedding was to find an incredible band and Soul City Shakedown knocked it out the park and went so far above our expectations. The Pianist during our ceremony, the Jazz being played during our cocktail hour and the impact the full band made at our reception will never be forgotten. Every song they played had the whole place dancing all night and singing at the top of their lungs. There is nothing like having a live band at your wedding, the energy this band gives to your wedding is truly special. Thank you Soul City Shakedown, you made our celebration electrifying.

Jon Ardito Entertainment 15
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 16

N · Married on 06/30/2018

Soul City Shakedown performed at our wedding at The Asbury Hotel this summer and they were absolutely fabulous. We selected their 8-piece ensemble. They came recommended and the level of talent did not disappoint. In particular, while all reviews below can attest to their quality, I can confirm their commitment, high energy level and tirelessness. Our wedding was slightly off schedule and Soul City was supposed to take a second break at a set time. However, since the true “dance portion” of the night started late, they did not take a break - they kept going to the end. If you decide to book Soul City, my final advice is to not shy away from their crowd involvement. We did not have a true stage at our venue and the two lead vocals moved into the dance floor naturally and enthusiastically. It was memorable!

Deanna · Married on 06/09/2018

I wish we could give higher than 5 stars because that's how we felt after our wedding in June! Soul City Shakedown exceeded all expectations for our reception and made it the evening of our lives! We felt like we won the lottery hiring Jon and his team!

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We can't stop raving about Soul City Shakedown (Jon Ardito Entertainment). We met them first at a friends' wedding, and they were by far the most fun and energetic bands we had seen. We had a DJ, but made the switch. Not only is the music great, but they're a wonderful company to work with. So laidback, fun, and professional and they really take your tastes and preferences into account -- the whole experience felt really personal. Overall, we couldn't recommend them enough and hope to catch them at another wedding!

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2018

I have been receiving compliments on the DJ, Pianist, and MC for the weeks following the wedding. It was such a blast to see almost everyone having such a great time on the dance floor.

Ann · Married on 04/07/2018

We were fortunate enough that Soul City Shakedown was available for our spring wedding. Everyone loved the band. They sounded great and we loved how the band was interactive with the guests. So many people commented how great they were! I would highly recommend Jon Ardito Entertainment!

Barb · Married on 03/17/2018

As a wedding planner, we look for 3 main things in a band: professionalism, responsiveness and talent. This band has it ALL and more!!! They came in from PA and were absolutely fantastic to work with- patient, friendly, easy going and eager to make the bride and her family happy. The had the guests on the dance floor the entire night. They arrived the day before wedding day, so we didn't have to worry about any travel delays. Would highly recommend!!!

Greg · Married on 11/12/2017

You want to party? If so, then this is your band. Jon and his band were amazing. Our guests were so impressed and couldn't stop complimenting us on our choice. It was hard to stay in your seat.

Michelle · Married on 10/21/2017

I was lucky enough to stumble upon Jon Ardito & Band at a Philadelphia Bridal Expo - we are SO GLAD WE DID!!!!! Jon was so easy to work with, and responded quickly to all of my questions. He delivered on any special request I had!
    The dance floor was packed at our wedding... the entire time! There was never a time where the dance floor looked empty - we owe that all to Soul City Shakedown and the amazing job they did with their song selection!

At our request, Nomi and Charlie did an amazing duet during our ceremony and then Nomi took it over for my walk down the aisle doing a beautiful rendition of La Vie en Rose. It took my breath away!

Nomi was an AMAZING emcee - we loved how she left the stage, walking around the ballroom while singing, it really got our guests engaged! I was told that she also stood near the ballroom entrance and sang as guests poured in (I heard they LOVED that) and I hope to see that in our wedding video!!!

John & I heard from several people that the band made the wedding the huge success that it was (and we couldn't agree more!) There were times we needed to leave the dance floor to catch my breath and grab a drink of water...but the next song they started to play was TOO good, and we turned right back around to dance!

BOOK JON ARDITO!!!! You will be so happy you did!!! :)

Kellie · Married on 09/30/2017

Jon was great to work with. As a wedding coordinator, I found Jon and his team easy to communicate with; they were prompt and responsive, and they gave our client a great deal of attention throughout the entire process. Jon is timely, easy to get along with, his band is very talented and professional, and they keep a dancefloor packed! I will continue to work with Jon and his team and look forward to the next event!

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

Incredible band! So many of our guest raved on their performance. They brought great energy and music to our big day! Jon worked with us every step of the way to personalize the music and production.

Annemarie · Married on 09/24/2017

Working with Jon was a super easy process, he put together a package for us to have a DJ for our wedding. we hired Leo as our DJ and he listened to exactly how we wanted our reception to go! From the processions to introductions and reception everything was flawless and perfect! Thank you!!

Jon Ardito Entertainment 17
    Jon Ardito Entertainment 18

Abby · Married on 09/16/2017

I am giving JAE (specifically Soul City Shakedown) a perfect 5 because they made my wedding night SO much fun! They kept everyone on the dance floor all night and played a fun mixture including several personal requests that caused cousins and friends from both families to bond over classic family favorites. Everyone was raving about the band. They were professional from beginning to start. Simply easy and fun to work with from answering emails to showing up at our venue to plan specifics. I would hire them again any day! My husband and I agree it was our best wedding decision to hire them.

Cullen · Married on 09/09/2017

Jon Ardito Entertainment is the absolute best in the game. We used him and his team for our wedding in September and could not have been happier! Aside from providing a full band, Jon's team did the outdoor ceremony music, steel drum at cocktail hour and the photo booth (huge hit!) As a very hands off bride, giving little direction, Jon coordinated in the most professional manner with the staff at the Merion Cricket Club for a flawless evening we will remember for the rest of our lives. He read our minds and covered all the bases! Our guests could not stop raving about what a spectacular band they were... completely bringing the party and taking the house down!! They take care of you in every aspect and we highly recommend JAE and know you will love them as much as we did! https://vimeo.com/241763889/b5428a15b6

Jon Ardito Entertainment 19

Denise · Married on 08/27/2017

If you are looking for a live band and have no idea where to start, start with Soul City Shakedown through Jon Ardito Entertainment. Working with them was one of the best experiences we had in planning our wedding; Jon was very easy going through the entire planning process and very accommodating to what we wanted. They played live music for our ceremony, during cocktail hour, dinner, and through the reception... and it was absolutely AMAZING. Not only did we love their music, our guests were VERY enthusiastic about Soul City Shakedown! Everyone, young and old, was enjoying the party and on the dance floor. We are 3 weeks post-wedding, and we still have family and friends telling us how amazing our band was. If you want a great experience with a live band, regardless of the size of band, Soul City Shakedown is for you. You will undoubtedly get a very fun experience. Thank you to the entire group for giving us such great musical talent and ambiance on our wedding day. We have so many fun memories - from our first dance to the Conga line - to look back upon thanks to Soul City Shakedown.