35 Reviews for Joie Elie Photography & Cinematography

Video (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Flush Mount (1)
34 Joie Elie Photography & Cinematography Reviews

I cannot recommend Joie Elie enough! Joe was our photographer for our engagement shoot and was amazing! He has an incredible eye for not only traditional photos, but artistic ones as well! He made us feel comfortable and is not afraid to go above and beyond to catch the perfect shot. I'm almost positive he's a part time contortionist when he's not doing photography.
Vickie is also incredible! She is the one you'll be in contact with the most and was informative when answering our questions and flexible with us as our plans changed.

Joie Elie's quality of work and commitment are top notch. We are excited to work with them again for our wedding!

Profile Picture Beka, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Video, Wedding Portraits

Joe and Vickie were absolutely wonderful to work with! Vickie was extremely responsive and thorough in her communication with me throughout the entire booking and planning process. My wedding took place in CT, but Joe traveled to us and didn't miss a beat after that long car ride. He was so much fun to work with on the day of the wedding and calmed my nerves about taking pictures. He had never been to our venue before, but was able to think on the spot and come up with creative poses in different locations. He took his job very seriously and grabbed us when the lighting was good outside to make sure that we got the best possible shots. They were also very quick about getting the pictures back to us, which was a pleasant surprise!

Profile Picture Mihiri, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Recently got married on April 2nd 2017, found Joie Elie on a random wedding sites and end up using them for videography, they were very professional, responsive, and just easy to work with!! I love my highlight video and how they edited with music and captured the whole wedding in 4-5 min video!!!~. I would definitely recommend them to anybody looking for videographer!!!

Profile Picture Kyoung, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

THE BEST. Joe and Vickie were amazing. I hired Joe and his assistant, Matt, for my wedding day. They were the utmost professionals and absolutely unobtrusive to boot. They managed to catch the most private and beautiful moments but we had no idea they were even there. I cannot recommend Joie Elie enough. The photos are magazine-worthy. I am so happy with the final product.

Profile Picture User7313956, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I corresponded with Vickie for over a year in regards to using their photography and cinematography services for my wedding. The interactions whether it be over the phone or through email were always professional and timely. The quality of their work is outstanding and worth every penny. Everyone who saw the pictures and/or the videos from the wedding said that Joie Elie Photography and Cinematography captured the day perfectly. My husband and I couldn't agree more, and we would highly recommend their services to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Ruth, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations

Vickie from Joie Elie was amazing to work with. I was fortunate enough to come in contact with her very late in the game and in desperate need of a videographer. She was extremely professional, on time and very creative. I can only imagine what our video will look like! We had a photographer from another company and Vickie and her assistant worked very well together.

Profile Picture Alicia, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Videography

Joe from Joie Elie was phenomenal. I can't tell you how many people have told my husband and I how stunning our wedding photos are. One of our friends asked "is that out of a fairy tale or real life". The quality of the photos was really impressive and the way he was able to capture the light made all the difference in the photos. His professionalism the day of really made an impression on my husband and I, along with our guests. I believe one of guests said "he is the real deal". All in all we couldn't be happier with the service Joie Elie provided leading up to our wedding, the day of and of course, the final result of the photos.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wedding was back in April but just moved to Texas so this review is a little late. However, I did not want to miss the opportunity to praise the Joie Elie team for their cinematography. I’m not sure if many brides feel the same way but I was initially very nervous and dreaded booking the wedding videographer. I knew they are expensive and didn’t want the video to become one of those things that you watch once and never watch again. But once my mom showed me a video from Joie Elie, I knew that it was the kind of wedding video that I wanted. Working with Vickie was very easy and professional. Over the phone, she very sincerely told me that she wanted to make my wedding video beautiful. Vickie, Joe and their team did just that! First, we received the trailer just a couple days after the wedding and it beautifully captured the day in just 2.5 minutes – the amazing setting and timeless moments. My mother-in-law told me she watched the wedding trailer everyday after the wedding and she may still to this day! I loved my wedding day and the trailer and video captured it perfectly. I have no regrets about hiring the Joie Elie team and every dollar was well spent. They are cinematographers so made our wedding day into a movie that made me laugh and cry. I even later requested the raw footage and Vickie arranged to send it after I provided a hard drive for it. Originally, I was a hesitant bride about wedding videos but now a very happy one. Thank you Joie Elie!

Profile Picture Marcella, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

We found Joie Elie on the Knot and knowing nothing about photography, we took a gamble and set up a meeting with Vickie Kuan. From the moment we walked into the office, we felt such a connection with her. She made us feel like a guest in her home, not just a client in need of service. She was overjoyed for us regarding our engagement and happy to fulfill any request. After some small talk, the room went silent and she allowed their work to speak for itself. We were blown away by the beautiful photos in the albums we saw and the world-class detail in every picture. We also had an opportunity to view clips from previous weddings. We immediately knew that Joie Elie was the photographer that we wanted to capture our special day. Over the next several months, Vickie was more than accommodating in answering our many questions. We had our engagement photo shoot in May, which gave us an opportunity to establish a great rapport with our lead photographer, Yunika. When we received our engagement photo shoot guest book, we were in awe at the craftsmanship and detail that clearly went into the book. On Saturday morning, Yunika and Phillipe arrived early and to our great surprise, Vickie arrived a short while later. We booked 12 hours of photography and videography and are so grateful that we did. All night long, they worked tirelessly to capture every possible moment on film. With that being said, we are absolutely stoked and are very much looking forward to seeing our photos and videos. Thank you a million times over to Vickie, Yunika, and Phillipe for what we imagine will be the most beautiful memories captured on film.

Sheree Reiff and Michael Guglielmi

Profile Picture Sheree, 11/1/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I worked with Joie Elie for my wedding photography in New Jersey and had an amazing experience with them. They are very creative and effortlessly blend into your wedding day to capture stunning shots. Joe and Yunika were such a pleasure to work with and Joe's easy sense of humor made my wedding day all that more special. We had many little traditions and even without explaining them, Joe and Yunika captured every detail beautifully. Their use of lighting is especially noteworthy. Vicky was amazing in her responsiveness to all my calls and emails and we were able to work out a package easily. I highly recommend them for their incredible photography and professionalism! You will not be disappointed if you choose Joie Elie for your wedding photography.

Profile Picture User4461606, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is no need to second guess Joie Elie Photography! Best decision made besides saying "I Do." Although my review is a bit late, I did not want to go without letting everyone know how pleased I am to have chosen Joie Elie as my wedding photographer! Making decisions for a wedding can be extremely stressful, especially when you cannot redo them if they don't come out the way you expect them to the day of. I looked at a ton of photographers online and read even more reviews, but when I came across Joie Elie, I knew I needed to schedule a meeting. Since day one, Vickie was such a pleasure to work with! She calmed all my fears, showed me lots of options and samples of work and I knew that the level of work, her and her team were able to create, was the level I wanted for my wedding. She walked me through every step and kept in touch frequently along the way. The day of the wedding Joe Kuan and the rest of the team arrived early and started working immediately. So many of my guests complimented me on my photographers because they were so professional and unobtrusive. Seriously! I usually don't pay attention to photographers at weddings I've been too, unless they are annoying and in the way! (Not Joie Elie!) They were also pretty cool! I chose both photography and cinematography and don't regret it for a second. I love everything about my photos and video! They are absolutely perfect! I can't stop looking at them, even one year later! Honestly, I would recommend Joie Elie if you want to remember every aspect of your wedding! They don't miss a beat!

Profile Picture Bianca, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Yunika did a fantastic job capturing the finest moments during our wedding day. It was an absolute pleasure working with Vickie and her amazing team!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

I cannot believe how good the pictures came out. It was beyond my expectations. As an amateur photographer, it just blew me away your vision and understanding of composition and lighting. Our photos so are fantastic I'd highly recommend you go with Joie Elie.

Profile Picture Aldrich, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

As Mother of the Bride of course I wanted my daughter and son-in-law's wedding photos to be perfect. Joe Kuan and his assistants did just that made perfect photos of their wedding day! Joe's photos are very creative, whether it be a classic shot of the Bride and Groom looking adoringly at each other, or a whimsical shot of the Bridal Party hiding in the woods spying on the Bride and Groom as they kiss, Joe knows how to make his photos tell a story! We feel very lucky to have found Joe and Vickie Kuan of Joie Elie photography. If you want someone that is easy to work with, listens to your ideas and needs, and does a professional job for you, then call on them and all your photo worries will melt away.

Profile Picture Linda, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Joie Elie photographed our wedding a few weeks ago at the Inn at Millrace Pond, and Joe and his crew did a truly amazing job! Joe and staff documented our day expertly and artistically. We have so many gorgeous pictures (nearly 1500) documenting all aspects of the day: from preparation to tiny details, family portraits to the last moments of the reception.

We were particularly impressed with the candid photography; Joe and his crew seemed to always be in the right place at the right time without being intrusive, and there are pictures of absolutely everyone who was at the wedding. We were not asked to re-stage any moments from our wedding, which would have come off as fake in the photos. All of the pictures were taken in the moment as they happened (with the obvious exception of portraits). For example, any photos of me putting on my jewelry happened as I was actually putting on my jewelry, same with my make up and hair pictures. The cocktail hour and the reception were also fully captured in the photos, which was very important to us.

Our lead photographer was Joe Kuan, one of the owners of the company, and he brought along another photographer as well as an assistant, who we were not expecting but which was a nice surprise. Having a second photographer was definitely worth the extra expense as we now have pictures of the ceremony and other key moments from many different angles, and the second photographer was able to cover more ground in photographing everyone and everything that was happening at our wedding.

Joe really captured the essence of the Inn's rustic setting, finding the spaces that made our venue unique. After our first meeting with Joe, it was clear that photography is truly a passion for him, and his enthusiasm on our wedding day as well as the end product genuinely reflect the love and pride he has for his work. I would easily recommend Joie Elie to anyone who is looking to have their day uniquely and beautifully captured.

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe, Thank you for all of your hard work on our wedding day! We were very impressed by your ability to beautifully capture our memorable day. We will be able to relive our wedding day through our pictures forever. Thank you for traveling to Boston, for your promptness in sending us all the photos, for your professionalism on our wedding day, and most of all- for sharing your impeccable talent with us. Please share our appreciation with the rest of your team! -A and S

Profile Picture User3913433, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joie Elie made us look like movie stars!! We are really happy with the entire process of photo shooting and the results. Both my husband and I are not used to the photography experience and felt awkward in the beginning. Joe was able to make us relaxed and laughed after a few minutes. When we saw the photos, we couldn’t believe that’s us!! The background, composition, and colors are like art work, while we still look happy and real in them. All of our families and friends love the photos too! There isn’t a better way to retain and share the memories and happiness of our wedding with our families/friends!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joie Elie has worked with several clients of my event design/ planning business. I have found Vickie and Joe to be very professional and great to work with throughout. Joe has a keen stylistic eye and there are always many iconic images that stand out. At Lotus & Leaf, we especially like the wedding films they produce.. evocative, revealing and great to watch months, years later to re-capture the essence of the wedding.
Z H, Lotus & Leaf LLC

Profile Picture Zamzam, 6/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Vickie & Joe Kuan are the amazing! Not having a clue where to start with our engagement photos we handed the reigns to Joe and we could not be happier with the results. Joe is an artist pure and simple and the images that he was able to capture have wowed our family, our friends, and even ourselves. We highly recommend Joie Elie Photography!

Profile Picture C, 6/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't thank vickie and Joe enough for giving us this gift! Their photos and videos are amazing...we are truly blessed to have had them do our engagement photos, wedding photos and wedding video. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you! Leslie and Michael Goszka. Please consider them when you are looking for a photographer you will have amazing wedding memories! You will not be disappointmented.

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

i am the mother of the bride. VIG Designers was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I am very impressed by the quality of work and their responsiveness. Even though there were 3 videographers, they were not in the way but captured everything. At the end put together 2 beautiful videos of the ceremony and reception which we enjoyed.
I would recommend them very highgly

Profile Picture Lalita, 6/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Videography

VIG Designers made my wedding day "picture perfect!" Vicki and Joe were very professional, kind, and knew exactly what they were doing. My wedding photos are by far my most prized possession because the quality of the photos is outstanding and the images they take and create are far different than other photographers my friends have used. Vicki and Joe have an "eye" for artistic design and can turn any picture into a masterpiece. I loved how I received quality photos without having to overspend. My friends and family look at my album all of the time and can't believe what I got for such a low cost. The wedding photos I received from VIG Designers look like something that came straight out of a magazine! If you are looking for a photographer please use VIG , they are seriously the best around!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/20/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe & vicky are extremely professional. They helped us tremendously in our preparations for the day. Joe is so fun to work with. Absolutely glad we had them on our special day.

Profile Picture Sara, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joe and Vickie were a pleasure to work with and I appreciated them working within my budget. They were both very professional and Joe did an amazing job on the photographs. He also made me and my whole bridal party feel comfortable during our photo shoot. I would definitely recommend VIG Designers to others looking for a personal experience from their photographer.

Profile Picture Diana, 6/5/10, 1 Review