John Soule Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Kelley M. Married on 11/19/2022

Perfect Team!

We had the pleasure of working with John Soule and team for our wedding day and everything went absolutely wonderful! We chose to use both photography and videography services and had a full team of 3 photographers and 2 videographers for our day which we know were able to capture every moment and every angle possible. John even came to our rehearsal day to help scope out some possible photos for our wedding day and gave us some pointers on how to pose, dip, and overall what to expect. The wedding day itself went so smoothly, they arrived while we were getting ready in the morning to get some get ready shots. In the meantime, they were also taking close up shots of our rings, dress, and details so it didn't add any extra time. Dawn rode in the limo with us to the church to get some silly pics/videos of just the bridal party. We also had a first touch/first look before the ceremony. The ceremony went perfectly and Dawn rode again with just the bride and groom to get some shots in the limo, which we can't wait to see! At our reception, we got some more pics, and even one big group shot from a ladder which in turn got everyone on the dance floor. We had such a wonderful experience with this team and I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants exceptional service for their special day. We already received a couple of sneak peeks of our wedding which look absolutely stunning! We were in great hands with John Soule and team and were so lucky to have found them on WeddingWire.
    Laura G. Married on 11/05/2022

Great to Work With

John and his team were great to work with. During the initial intro conversation John walked us through the full process and answered all our questions. We liked that an engagement shoot was included in the package as it allowed us to get some experience ahead of the wedding day. The team was enjoyable to work with on the day off and accommodated our requested shots and when we were ready to move on from the posed photos. Throughout the entire process, John was very responsive at answering my questions via email. I would highly recommend working with them.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Michele Married on 10/22/2022

Fantastic!

John and his team were amazing to work with! Spot on with timing and the photos we wanted! Friendly and professional! Great to work with on a busy day! If I have a need for a professional photographer in the future, this is the team I’d rely on!
    Amanda H. Married on 10/13/2022

A pleasure of work with

John Soule and his team are amazing! So professional and made us feel comfortable! I was super nervous for our engagement session but they made it go by like a breeze! I couldn't believe how beautiful the pictures came out. He worked with our schedules and communicated quickly to our emails! I can't wait for our big day in 2 weeks and getting the chance to work with them again!! Thank you John for making our experience so wonderful!
  • Heather
    Heather W. Married on 10/02/2022

Fabulous photographer!

Our experience with John and Bernie was nothing short of amazing! We've only had our engagement session done, but we 100% know, without a doubt, that he will deliver the best photographs at our megamony next year. He is very easy to work with, and is very knowledgeable and experienced in his field. He came prepared with a list of excellent poses for us, and his ideas and editing were breathtaking. The second best part, is he will fit well within the budget. We are getting 3 photographers for the price of 2! We are very pleased with our engagement photos and look forward to working with him and his staff at our megamony.

Update 04Oct2022: Our wedding weekend has come and gone, and as we expected, John's team delivered! The weather was not what we were hoping for, unfortunately a hurricane came up the coast and sent lots of wind and rain our way in Annapolis, MD. However, John's team was very accommodating with all the last minute changes we had to do since outside pictures were no longer an option. Even when I forgot to mention to John a change in plan of where the groom would be to start, he was able to quickly get everything back on track. His team also made sure to get all the shots on the list I sent over before the wedding, even though I anticipated not having time for everything. They even threw in a lot of suggestions that are going to turn out amazing and I cannot wait to get the full package. We even forgot about one thing, and if it hadn't been on our list, we would have missed it. Thank you John, Bernie, and Dawn for an amazing night and capturing each moment!
    Gracie B. Married on 09/25/2022

Amazing photos

They were so helpful during the whole planning process and the day of! Helped stay on schedule and made my day the best it could be!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Married on 09/18/2022

Captured great moments!

When we were planning our wedding, John was one of the first photographers we contacted. He was incredibly accommodating to our planning schedule and he kept us updated with how the day was going to go. When the day arrived, John and his crew were able to capture amazing moments during our wedding. Our cocktail hour photos were also fun and easy to get through. Upon receiving the photos a couple of weeks later, we were glad to see the fruits of their labor! I can't recommend him enough to anyone looking to find a photographer!
  • Leila
    Leila R. Married on 09/10/2022

Very satisfied

John was very easy to work with and the pictures were beautiful, I definitely recommend them.
  • Timothy
    Timothy J. Married on 06/25/2022

Excellent Experience and Knowledgeable

We did a lot of research on different photographers and landed on John Soule photography. As someone who is not a picture taker, I was hesitant heading into my engagement shoot. With that said, the shoot went incredibly smooth. John was clearly knowledgeable and an expert in the field of photography. He made me and my fiancé fully comfortable during the engagement session. And most importantly, the photos turned out amazingly well. We can't wait to use them to help design our save the dates!
    Tyler Married on 06/24/2022

A+++++++++++++++++

Right photographer for right $
    Lauren S. Married on 06/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Photos were amazing and Johns team was incredibly professional

We hired John Soule for our wedding in Annapolis and absolutely loved working with him. The quality of the wedding photos was unmatched and we were so happy to see them. Looking over them brings us back to that special day. I could not recommend John enough. His photos are amazing, his prices are incredibly reasonable and working with him was fantastic. He was meticulous in his details and the edits were great. We are over the moon with his work
    Kathleen H. Married on 05/29/2022

Great time; highly recommend

John and his assistant were fantastic! My fiance and I had just moved back to Baltimore area and were looking to get engagement photos in the city. He gave great instructions for how to pose and took overall beautiful photos. We left feeling like we had fun and learned something about how to pose better for photos, which we are sure will be helpful for our actual wedding. John was also able to flexibly work around a few "hiccups" that were out of all of our control, e.g., none of us knew that there would be a marathon happening the morning of our photos, haha! But he was able to help figure it out nonetheless and we are very, very pleased with the photo results. We are super excited to share them with family for the holidays. We would definitely recommend him to others for engagements, weddings, etc! Also very reasonably priced; we are getting married in Florida so he unfortunately won't be a part of our wedding, but was a fantastic option for engagement photos.
    Jessica Married on 03/12/2022

Engagement photos

My fiancé and I couldn’t be more happy with John and his team! They were very honest, very easy to work with and just overall fun! My fiancé and I haven’t gotten out photos personally done in YEARS. John and his team member, Bernie, were so patient with us and were wonderful in helping us out in poses. They are just amazing! And the pictures…. BREATHTAKING! I cannot wait to see what this team does for our wedding in March!
    Jo Reed Married on 01/08/2022

Wonderful Engagement Shoot

My fiancé and I have chosen John for our wedding photographer. Part of the package included an engagement session. John and Berni (his assistant) were so easy to work with. They were friendly and made us feel so relaxed. We love the photographs that wee taken and cannot wait to see what our wedding photographs will be like when we get married in January.
  • Emily
    Emily L. Married on 12/11/2021

Wonderful Engagement Shoot

I had a wonderful engagement session with John. He was on time and brought forth many ideas and different shots. He was willing to try any additional pose or scenery I liked, and even gave me my engagement photos the very next day!
  • Desiree
    Desiree R. Married on 09/04/2021

Happy Bride & Groom

John and his team are GREAT! Engagement photos were included in the package we selected which was a good opportunity to meet and get a feel for each other. We had a great time. We also had some family portraits taken which gave our bridal party an opportunity to work with John and his team prior to the wedding. During our wedding, they were with us every step of the way to the very end of the night. My wedding was 9/4 and I received proofs for review 9/9. Mr. Soule has been very responsive, informative and professional. I highly recommend him and his team.
  • Alyssa Babineau
    Alyssa B. Married on 08/07/2021

Everything was Perfect!

From engagement photos to post wedding, John and his team had great communication and our photos came out better than we imagined! Highly recommend!
  • Angel
    Angel G. Married on 07/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

JohnSoulePhotography captured every moment so perfectly.

John Soule Photography did such an amazing job. My husband and I don’t take a lot of pictures of ourselves so we were kind of worried how they would turn out. But they blew it out of the water from the second we met them till they left. (They gave us pointers to smile the whole time and how to pose.) We are amazed how well the pictures turned out. They captured every moment so perfectly. We highly recommend them. I would also like to add that we got all our pictures back in 4 days which was really nice. The teasers just kept us wanting too see more. Thank you so much we love all the pictures.
    Rob P. Married on 06/26/2021

Rob Petree

What a wedding my fiancé and I had and it’s all thanks to John Soule and his amazing photography team who went above and beyond to satisfy our needs and did an incredible job! Our photos turned out absolutely amazing and were ready just days after the wedding. I would highly recommend John to anyone who wants their expectations vastly exceeded!
    Kara J. Married on 05/30/2021

Amazing Team!

John Soule and his team were incredibly wonderful to work with. They are very personable and extremely knowledgeable in their gift. As an avid photographer myself, I can attest to the phenomenal job they do. Their communication was professional and they were organized during our walk through and day of the wedding. Having more than one photographer to cover those important moments was invaluable in capturing every angle and facial expression in the moment. Just having poignant images of my walk down the aisle from multiple perspectives was incredible and their unobtrusive style during the ceremony was appreciated. My husband and I especially appreciated the special images John captured – they are true works of art we will forever cherish. John’s team are a wonderful asset to anyone’s wedding day!
    Allison T. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing!

Absolutely fantastic team to work with!! John and his team were amazing. Team was super responsive leading up to the day of the wedding in helping us prepare for a smooth day. Turn over for photos was super quick and they turned out better than I could have expected!! I would 1000% recommend for your big day.
  • Abigail
    Abigail Married on 02/02/2021

Incredible Photography Team

John and Berni were incredible! They were extremely professional and organized. They did the most amazing day after pictures and I especially liked how John and Berni worked together to get us the best shots. It wasn't just like a rush job or a let's just get this over with thing. They really put their heart into making ART for their clients. We will have these memories for the rest of our lives and our kid's lives. We are so thankful. Can't wait to book them for maternity pictures. :) A bigger thanks couldn't be had. Stop reading reviews and hire them now!
    Carlisa H. Married on 01/30/2021

Engagement and wedding photos

We had such a lovely experience working with John and Berni. They exceeded our expectations with our engagement photos and wedding photos. When the pandemic hit they were extremely accommodating, patient and professional, they even gifted my kids with toys which they loved. I would highly recommend anyone to work with them, they really captured the best moments and the results when we saw our photos were amazing.
    Katrina V. Married on 11/14/2020

AMAZING Photographer

John and his team were a joy to work with before, during and after our wedding. John made getting ready so easy - he helped coordinate a timeline, gave instructions for us and our bridal party on how to pose, and helped us put together a shot list for our family photos. He thought of things that I wouldn't have thought of. His team took SO many beautiful shots that it's incredibly difficult to choose our favorites for posting and printing. He was also so nice and accommodating in fitting things in we requested. He and his team were also just so fun to be around - they matched our vibe (including our groomsmen's silly photo requests), making for perfect photos that really fit who we are.

I'm so thankful we found him, as I wasn't worried about photos at ALL on our wedding day. I knew everything would go swimmingly, and it did. My husband and I strongly recommend him! We look forward to going back to him the next time we're looking to photograph a big life event.
illustration stars