27 Reviews for John Paris Band

The John Paris Band was fantastic! They provided a string duo for ceremony, keyboardist for cocktail hour and 8 piece dance band. John was helpful and responsive and the musicians were awesome! All of our guests had a great time and they couldn't get over how good they were. Also very reasonably priced and I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Liz, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

John Paris Band was perfect for our wedding at Morgan MFG. Guests were dancing all night and guests raved about them. Highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Marty, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

We are so glad we booked the John Paris band for our wedding! John was a pleasure to work with -- responsive, flexible and accommodating for our special requests :) The MC was great and their music had everyone (even people that haven't danced in 20 years!) dancing ALL night! They were fun, engaging and fairly priced compared with other large bands in Chicago. I would definitely recommend The John Paris band!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

John Paris was an absolute pleasure to work with! Throughout the entire process he was flexible, knowledgable, and prompt to respond to all of mine and my husband's needs. Then on the day of the event the band was sensational. They had a full Motown sound with fantastic musicians. Our guests kept asking where we had found such a wonderful band. I myself was on the dance floor all night. I could not recommend The John Paris Band enough.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

AMAZING!! They really rocked out at our wedding and got everyone out of the dance floor right away and everyone has a blast. John was great to work with and very professional. Would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We had a wonderful experience with the John Paris Band both before and especially during our wedding day. They were very professional and easy to work with in planning the reception. For an additional fee, they also provided an emcee and a DJ for the dinner. After reading all the rave reviews and checking out the videos, I was psyched to finally hear the band perform. They were every bit as great as I'd hoped. The band really kicked our reception into high gear and got (nearly) everyone up and dancing, clapping, and singing along. They even played "Word Crimes" instead of "Blurred Lines" for the English teacher groom. Their forte is classic soul / R & B, but they also play wonderful versions of jazz and songbook classics (Sinatra, Fitzgerald, etc.) as well as contemporary pop songs. Both lead vocalists have great voices and the horn section was dynamite. Many guests commented on how great the band sounded and I couldn't disagree. They turned a great wedding reception into an unforgettable one. Highly recommended. - Lon Wehrle (groom)

Profile Picture Lon, 7/11/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Band

In helping the bride and groom plan for, design, and coordinate their wedding, we got the opportunity to work alongside the John Paris Band for the reception and majority of the evening. We communicated mainly with John and Shane, and both gentleman are fantastic! They are both very respectful, appreciative and professional and made the evening run smoothly. We knew we could rely on John, Shane, and the band to relay any messages we needed to get to the guests in an appropriate manner. The band itself is absolutely amazing! Immediately after the band began to play their first tune, we knew it was going to be an amazing night and that the guests would have such a blast dancing and watching. Such talented and entertaining performers. We hope to see them make their way over to our stomping grounds in Madison, WI. We highly recommend the John Paris Band for any and all of your music and entertainment needs!

Profile Picture Elevate, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

John Paris Band was outstanding!!! We had a wedding with about 170 guests on the 4th of July. They played motown and other recent hits. The band definitely knows how to get the people up and dancing. The biggest hit of the night was when they did "Oh What a Night" and split the crowd for a little singing back and forth action. We received many compliments on them. We have been talking about John Paris Band ever since and would not hesitate to recommend to a friend in need of a band for a wedding or party. John Paris himself was so easy to work with. They had a huge variety of recorded music to play during cocktail hour and dinner. I had the MC take requests from the guests (with a little guided list) and it was very fun and interactive. The MC had a HUGE selection of recorded music. They are also a steal! I couldn't believe how affordable they are with such great talent. Thank you again John Paris. xoxo Kenna and Mike Brody

Profile Picture Kenna, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The John Paris Band had all of our wedding guests dancing all night! They knew exactly what songs to play to keep the crowd happy. To this day people are still talking about the band and what a fun party it was. John was so easy to work with and made me so comfortable during the entire planning process. He was quick to respond to emails and was happy to correspond with the venue since we did not have a wedding planner / coordinator. I would hire the John Paris Band in a second in the future.

Profile Picture User4116321, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The John Paris Band made our wedding reception tons of fun! All of our family and guests absolutely loved them! They got everybody, of all ages, up and dancing! They were also extremely professional and accommodating. They worked with me before the wedding to make sure they knew exactly what I wanted for the ceremony music, dinner music, and dance music, and that I was happy with everything. Everything went perfectly according to plan! I cannot say enough good things about them and would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in booking a great dance band!

Profile Picture Delaney, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Blown away. We all know how important it is to have the right music for the "Big Day" and it can be a little difficult to choose or even know how to choose. I just want to say that The John Paris Band delivered everything I wanted, needed, wished and hoped for, etc. John helped me bring my vision to reality, and was super helpful and easy to work with. And the best part of all: the band was absolutely amazing. Everyone had such an incredible time dancing all night! Trust me, The John Paris Band is the best, hands down!

Profile Picture Morgan, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

We booked The John Paris Band for our December wedding and they really were incredible. We heard them at a friend's wedding and knew they absolutely would have to be our wedding band. They were the first vendor we booked! John is super professional and great to work with, and his whole band was incredibly talented great to dance to from start to finish. They provided the exact atmosphere we wanted for our wedding and all of our guests commented on how wonderful they were. I would highly recommend this band – they truly set an amazing tone for our wedding celebration!

Profile Picture User4718567, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you're planning a wedding, you want the John Paris Ensembles on your team! As soon as we got engaged, we booked the band. John is incredibly helpful and professional, and made our experience incredibly fun and unique. John helped to coordinate our ceremony music and reception music. We received so many compliments on our ceremony music, and our guests had a blast at the reception! He really went above and beyond to accommodate our song requests. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Excellent band. Would recommend to anybody!

Profile Picture User4475390, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We couldn't have been more pleased with JPB's performance. Their years of experience together is a huge advantage, and it shows! Not only do they never skip a beat, but they are extremely talented in reading and playing to the crowd. It's a real art to transition songs naturally and reflect the evolving mood of the guests, and they really nailed it! John was beyond professional and accommodating. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture User4271131, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

When you have your entire wedding party of 180 people on the dance floor all night, it must be the band! The John Paris Band played oldies, current hits, cocktail swing - every song sounded like the original! The dance floor overflowed with happy, smiling dancers in celebration of the wedding. I can't say enough how thoughtful, respectful, professional and cooperative John and his band were for our wedding. They were the easiest part of planning our wedding! I would hire them again in a second!! I actually don't feel like I hired them; they were part of our wedding team doing their part to make our wedding special! Fantastic!!!

Profile Picture chardai, 3/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer

Fantastic! That's all I can say. These guys (and girls) were absolutely amazing. They MADE the party. People were having so much fun that the dance floor was packed for three hours straight. From the first song to the last, John was asking what we wanted, and taking control when we needed him too. I cannot recommend The John Paris Band highly enough. Bar none the best decision we made for our wedding!

Profile Picture Celeste, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

We booked the John Paris Band for our wedding and they were wonderful! From the planning phone calls, to the actual event, everything went great. Everyone was asking us where we found the band, they told us we should hire them again for a party just because, told us they never dance but the band was so good they ended up dancing, etc. They allowed our little nieces to dance with them up in the performance area, which made their entire year. They also did a great job on all of the emcee work. Start to finish, we could not have asked for better wedding entertainment!

Profile Picture Olivia, 8/10/13, 1 Review

Profile Picture olivia, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

I could not believe how BIG their song list is! They worked with me to help me pick my songs, and made that whole process stressfree! We had a blast dancing the night away to hits from the 70s all the way to the most current dance hits. I loved that I didnt have to worry about a thing! All my guests commented on how much they loved the band! They play something for everyone!!! Thanks John!

Profile Picture Nick, 8/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The John Paris Band was FANTASTIC. The dance floor was packed the whole night I never wanted to leave! Dealing with John was always easy and couldn't be more professional. They were extremely flexible, even when dealing with our other vendors and coordinating setup times and other details. Music is very important to us and our friends and family, and we saw this as a priority when planning our wedding. I was relieved when I realized this immensely important factor was also going to be the easiest aspect to arrange! Every member of JPB was incredibly talented and together they really brought down the house. Their range of songs was great, and they were even flexible on the fly when I asked for the father daughter dance to be abbreviated since my dad hurt his foot the day before. Anyhow, pick The John Paris Band - you won't be sorry. The last song, Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World, actually ended with an epic group hug of 50 people on the dance floor. Enough said.

Profile Picture Haley, 3/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The John Paris Band was unbelievable! I had never seen them perform and hired them purely on friends' recommendations for my wedding and they were worth every penny! They were so easy to work with and put on such a great show. At the end of the night you could not get the guests off the dance floor because they were having such a great time! I would highly recommend them for any event ...especially a wedding. I had many guests tell me they were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

WOW, The John Paris Band was amazing. They completely exceeded our expectations for the wedding ceremony music, dinner music, and reception music. From young to old and everyone in between, all ages truly enjoyed themselves all night long. We have had nothing but enthusiastic compliments from so many of our guests. We had over 300 guests and their music touched every age group. I would highly recommend them over and over.

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

The John Paris Band met every expectation and went way beyond. They were by far the easiest and most flexible of all the vendors we delt with in planning our wedding. And they really delivered for our big party! They brought an incredible amount of energy to our reception. The music and range of cover songs was amazing. Many of our guests were in awe of how great they sounded, and "best band ever" was a common comment after our wedding day. Thank you, John!

Profile Picture Yaritza, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

"The John Paris Band was the highlight of our wedding celebration! They were the best! The musicians are all absolute professionals -- they looked great and sounded great. John was wonderful to work with in the weeks leading up to the wedding as we planned everything. He was very attentive to our needs and wishes, and made sure his band provided exactly what we were looking for. I recommend him and his band to anyone!"

Profile Picture User2638525, 2+ years ago, 1 Review