John Pacheco Photography Reviews

16 | Idyllwild, CA

16 Reviews for John Pacheco Photography

Ruben · Married on 11/17/2018

John was amazing!

John was THE BEST wedding photographer. We live in Los Angeles and were planning to have our wedding in Idyllwild. Around the same time, Idyllwild experienced a horrible fire. After the fire was out, John offered to drive to our venue to check out the damage. He took video of the property and emailed it to us. Although the venue technically wasn’t affected, he recommended that we choose another location because fire retardant had been applied nearby. We then began looking at options in Julian (similar vibe as Idyllwild, but not affected by fire) and John offered to make the three hour trip for our event. We couldn’t have been happier! John arrived on time and was ultra prepared. He has a lovely demeanor. He was kind and engaging, but sincerely wanted us to focus on each other on our special day. John was perfectly present and discreet at the same time. We received his photos in less than two weeks and they are beautiful! We’re so happy he was a part of our special day and captured memories that we’ll hold dear forever. Thank you, John!

Sent on 01/03/2019

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Ruben! It was an honor being a part of your and Jodi's special day. You had such a beautiful and intimate wedding!

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Made my desert wedding photo dreams become a reality

Hiring John for our honeymoon photos was the absolute BEST decision. Not only is John an amazing photographer with an eye for light, but he was super responsive, flexible, and even spent more time with us than originally planned. We felt comfortable with John from the get-go, and I appreciated his thoughtfulness to minimize our effort as he planned his shots (I was hiking through Joshua Tree in a wedding dress, so appreciated his focus on planning before he asked us to move or pose). On top of all this, John was fun, easy to talk to, and got our photos to us in a matter of days. We were BLOWN AWAY when we saw our final photos and are so happy we chose John. He made what seemed like a big undertaking into a wonderful experience both in the moment and in reflection as we've looked through our photos. I've even had friends tell me they want to hang MY wedding photos on THEIR walls because the photos are just that stunning. We'll be coming up with excuses to travel back to CA to do another photo shoot with John!

Sent on 11/14/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

I'm so glad that you love your photos! You and Ben were fun to shoot with. Any time you're back in SoCal, get a hold of me and I'd love to photograph you again!

Trae W. · Married on 11/03/2018

Loved John’s photos!!!

We hired John to take photos of our small ceremony in Idyllwild and some photos after. He went above and beyond. He spent so much time with us, and drove us several miles outside of the town to some very gorgeous spots he knew about. It helps he is a local and knows the best locations. Our photos are gorgeous and our friends are raving about them. He has a great eye, and was able to capture so many beautiful moments. We could not be more pleased, and could not more highly recommend.

Sent on 11/20/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to capture your intimate ceremony! I wish you and Kellie a long and beautiful marriage!
    PS- Your dog is adorable!!
  • Blythe

Blythe · Married on 10/04/2018

Great photos

John’s services are well worth the cost. From the start, he recommended a plan to us that best fit our budget and needs with no extra bells and whistles. He checked in often throughout the planning period. He also helped us pick a first look location. On the day of, he and his second shooter were on time, friendly and professional. After the wedding, we received our photos very quickly. We love our photos and couldn’t be happier

Sent on 10/24/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Blythe. I hope you and Mac had a great time on your honeymoon. Let me know when you two are in town again!

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

I have been getting compliments on my photos from the wedding nonstop - the best part is, that I wholeheartedly agree that those compliments are valid. Beauty, vivacity and happiness were captured in my pictures. John and his assistant made sure to connect with me early on and I feel like we all three worked together to achieve the shots we wanted, but I never felt any pressure to make sure that they were capturing precious moments. I knew they had it under control and I felt taken care of and able to enjoy my wedding. John is more than a photographer - he finds what makes your wedding special and unique, he looks for the human connections and displays of love that occur at the wedding and makes sure that they are preserved moments in time. I couldn't recommend him enough, he's a pleasure to work with and a true artist.

Sent on 09/19/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Danielle! You and Jared were so fun! I especially loved how genuine your speeches and vows were.

Mike · Married on 06/09/2018

We selected John as our wedding photographer because of his portfolio and he did not disappoint. His work is very professional and images are crisp. He was easy to work with and communicated well. I appreciated his ability to organize all the people in our party to capture excellent group images.

Sent on 06/27/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mike! I'm thrilled that you loved the service. I had a great time with you and Evelyn at your wedding. I truly appreciated the cool and laid-back atmosphere. Keep in touch!

Kove · Married on 01/13/2018

We couldn't of made a better choice than going with John Pacheco Photography. His availability, creativity, and professionalism on our wedding day were more than we could of hoped for. We received our photos promptly. We were blown away by all of the images he was able to take. It truly captured and let us feel it all over again going through all of the photos. We are incredibly grateful for the amazing work that John did and the images that we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 02/04/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you Kove. You and Taylor had such a beautiful wedding and you guys were fun to work with! Keep in touch!

Heriberto · Married on 09/24/2017

John was really great. He was friendly calm and very thorough with everything that was asked of him. He went above and beyond and really went on to capture "Golden Moments" of our day. I would recommend him to anyone and I will definitely be using his services again.

Sent on 10/01/2017

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and the opportunity to photograph your wedding, Berto!

Chavis · Married on 09/23/2017

It was a pleasure working with John. He was very courteous, polite, attentive and professional. His work is very good and all of our guests complimented his work and constant attention to detail during our wedding reception. And his prices are quite reasonable. Definitely recommend. A+++++

Sent on 10/09/2017

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thanks Chavis! It was a great pleasure to be a part of your big day!

Anna · Married on 09/23/2017

John was excellent and did a great job. Very nice and Professional and captured some nice photos.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Karin · Married on 07/03/2017

Very professional photographer, Takes amazing shots, Great Pricing and Very Punctual.

Sent on 09/28/2017

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Karin!

Tactical · Married on 06/04/2017

Amazing photographer, Very Professional, Great Pricing and Very Punctual.

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Hmmmm... Tactical. I don'the recall this nickname, but thank you for the kind words!

Robert · Married on 06/03/2017

John was absolutely wonderful to work with! He was very professional and he made our experience easy and fun. He was there to help throughout our entire engagement and wedding process, even when it wasn't photography related. We highly recommend him and we'll definitely be hiring him in the future for family portraits.

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Robert. I look forward to photographing your family!

Marci · Married on 02/16/2016

Not only is he a talented artist but he is a kind soul. He puts his heart into every picture he takes. I would recommend him for any style, any occasion and any moment in life you want captured.

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you Marci, I really appreciate that!

Gina · Married on 04/25/2015

John Pacheco is an incredibly talented, conscientious, and kind photographer. He was prompt and on time for our engagement photo shoot and I was especially impressed by his professionalism, technical skills, and composure during our photo session. He captured our love, affection, and offbeat humor in just a few photographs that were priced accordingly.

I have the unique perspective of having 3 different photographers for our engagement and wedding and John was the best. John's photographs (and NOT the photographs taken by the photographers recommended by the venue) were used for our wedding invitations. If I can take my wedding photographs again, I would request that John capture those precious moments rather than the lackluster and overpriced skills of the other photographers.

Sent on 03/15/2018

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

I'm sorry to hear that your wedding day photography wasn't everything you hoped for, but I'm glad you loved your engagement pictures. I'm here if you ever decide you need photos again.

Marlene · Married on 06/28/2013

Tony was wonderful! He took candid shots after the ceremony that shows the joy and happiness of our friends and family, as well as taking beautiful shots of the ceremony and afterwards of the entire wedding party. Would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2017

John Pacheco Photography's reply:

Thank you Marlene! I look forward to seeing you and Ben again, and hopefully soon!