John Michael Weddings and Special Events Reviews

194 Reviews for John Michael Weddings and Special Events

• Erica

Erica · Getting married on 07/27/2019

I had my graduation held at Orange County Regional History Center on 12.12.14

The event sales coordinator gave me a list of vendors to contact from their approved list. I spoke with several but I really clicked with Charlene from John Michael Events. I explained to her what my vision was and how I wanted the night to be. My boyfriend and I are "foodies" so we wanted a bulk of our budget to go towards the food. I don't cook mess and I wouldn't tolerate mess being served to my guests. I was invited to a tasting at Leu Gardens & that solidified my decision to have John Michael cater my event. My graduation (so far) as been the biggest party I've thrown and I wanted something over the top with the food to match.

My party would not have been fantastic if it wasn't for Charlene's patience as I changed the linen settings and the constant emailing. Tom was my on site coordinator and he ran a smooth ship. Food was hot, prompt, and absolutely delicious. I also wants to give special thanks to the waiter/ Chef carver Jerry. He was so friendly and outgoing. My guests kept talking about the "cool dude at the station".

I felt that the price was beyond reasonable especially for the quality of service and food that I got. I went with the silver package with some additional add ons. The price included linens, silverware, plates, cups, bar set up for full liquor service (we provided the alcohol), cocktail hour with 4 passed appetizers, dinner with 3 sides, 2 meats, 1 vegetarian pasta dish, 60+ dessert shooters, & a midnight closeout menu of burger sliders, chicken & waffles, and pizza tarts. Yes-- all that for 60 guests at a very reasonable rate.

I look forward to working with John Michael again for an event. It might not have been my wedding but I sure did feel like I was treated as if it was one by the JM staff. My graduation was MY big day and they made sure it was a wonderful one.

• Niki

Niki · Married on 11/11/2018

Just what we were looking for!

John Michael catering was very personable throughout the whole planning process and during the day if they made us feel very confident that it was all going off without a hitch! Although as the bride and groom we didn’t get to eat as much as we wanted to, our guests continuously said how everything was amazing! Thank you JM! :)

Dena Galanos-Mabe · Married on 11/02/2018

Nom nom nom

Omg our food was DELICIOUS at our wedding! 11/2/18! From the hors d'oeuvres to the main dinner! All of our guests were RAVING about it!!! I was so thankful to have John Michael events to crater our wedding!! They even made little to go bags for us for after words!! Highly recommend!!!

Savana · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a great experience with John Michael Events catering our wedding. We worked with Brooke and she did a great job of running everything and made the timing of our dinner go perfectly. They were very accommodating. They put our party favors out on the tables for us and transported our cake stand so it would be ready when our cake was delivered at the event. We did a buffet style dinner, and everything tasted great. We got so many compliments from our guests. They are so considerate of the bride and groom. We got served first and received a little bit of everything form the buffet. They even prepared to go boxes with food and cake specifically for us. They did a great job of cleaning everything up and consolidating all of our stuff at the end of the night, so it was easy for our parents to load the vehicles. Thank you so much for making our special day perfect.

Sent on 08/18/2018

John Michael Weddings and Special Events's reply:

Thank you so much Savana! It was our pleasure. Take care and best wishes.

Kirsty · Married on 05/19/2018

Food was incredible so many compliments on my Wedding day

Marie · Married on 04/28/2018

I used John Michael catering service for my 25th wedding anniversary. I was so impressed by the professionalism of the staff, from the very beginning of my dealing with them to the end of my event.Giselle Grande is the sale representative, she made sure everything was done well ,every detail was taken care of. Her professionalism from the start is what convince me to choose them for my event. The food was scrumptious. My guests loved the food. I will not hesitate to recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Thank you Marie! :)

Erika · Married on 10/13/2017

Our wedding feast of breakfast for dinner was an absolute hit with our guests. My husband is a chef and he was thrilled with everything on the menu. We had chicken and waffle sliders and french toast dippers that were passed out during cocktail hour, and a breakfast buffet that people are still talking about. They were accommodating with vegetarian options for some of our guests, and everything they brought out was incredibly savory and fresh. They made sure that my husband and I were served at our table so we didn't have to run around to eat. Charlene was wonderful to communicate with while planning and she was very quick to respond to my emails. Even after the wedding when my custom cake forks went missing, she checked their inventory and made sure to find them because they got mixed up with their stuff, and is shipping them back to us. I loved working with them, and I recommend this team to anyone who wants delicious food at their wedding.

• Maria

Maria · event on: 04/11/2015

John Michael Events worked with us to honor a much loved friend after his passing. Of course, planning a memorial celebration of life, by nature, is a last minute booking. They jumped right in, in spite ofhow busy they were, to make sure wecould get this done. They were amazing, professional and perfect for us. Thank you Team.

Nina · Married on 04/22/2017

Charlene from John Michaels is amazing! She was so quick to respond to everything and so professional every step of the way. If you are looking for a company who delivers on everything this is the company for you!

Allison · Married on 04/21/2017

It was incredible! Everyone was so professional, attentive and friendly. Most importantly, the food was delicious and we received many compliments. The service definitely exceeded our expectations! We are so glad they were part of our event and highly recommend!

Colby · Married on 03/04/2017

Great catering company to work with. They are very professional and respond quickly with any questions. The food was fantastic and all of our guests were in love with their meals. The staff was very friendly and helpful!!!

danielle · Married on 02/19/2017

We narrowed down our caterer between John Michael's and one other caterer. We ended up going with the other caterer although my experience with John Michael's was positive and the price was comparable there ended up just being slightly more value in going with someone else otherwise I am confident this company would have done a great job.

Sent on 02/28/2017

John Michael Weddings and Special Events's reply:

Thank you Danielle for the glowing review - it really means a lot!

Abby · Married on 01/05/2017

We decided to book John Michael after going to one of the tastings - it was so delicious!!! On our wedding day the staff was SO great - they made sure my husband and I were hydrated and had plenty of snacks as we were taking pictures. As we thanked each table for attending, every single guest kept raving about the delicious food! The staff was also nice enough to make sure we had plenty of leftovers to take home with us! The entire staff was so professional and the weeks leading up to the wedding, everyone was so responsive by email/telephone with the last minute questions and changes we had. Top notch service - thank you so much!!!

Krystal · Married on 12/23/2016

I could write a novel about how great John Michael was for my wedding, but I will keep it very simple-I couldn't have pulled off my wedding without them!!!! I had 60 days to plan my wedding, so I needed someone like John Michael on my side. They more than delivered! I used their all inclusive Diamond Package, and it was the best choice I've ever made. It made planning and coordinating so easy. Not to mention the price was unbeatable!!! They were so professional and organized. They made planning my wedding a breeze. Also, the food was AMAZING!!! Every guest was on a hunt for more food once they got their first plates. It was delicious. I couldn't wait to eat my to-go plate the day after my wedding. If I could, I would have a wedding every year and have John Michael plan it all. Don't choose anyone else to plan your wedding!!!

Maria · Married on 11/05/2016

We purchased a wedding package through Weddings, Inc. which was recently acquired by John Michael Weddings (referring to as JM from here on to save space). While there were many other vendors in the package, JM provided the catering for our event.

Prior to the wedding, we worked closely with Michael Thomas -- the owner and founder of JM. We are a lesbian couple and it was important for us to work with an LGBT-friendly company. When we found out that Michael is a married gay man, we were just elated! It was easy and fun working out the details with Michael. JM provided catering, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware. There was a great selection of colors and styles to choose from, and we worked with Michael in the showroom neighboring their main office, so we were able to see how everything would look set up.

Katie was our day-of coordinator and she was very attentive and sweet, and we were amazed with her efficiency. She was always one step ahead, and always working very hard to make everything perfect. Our guests (and us!) absolutely loved the staff, especially Mary who was our bartender. She is so sweet and funny and she seemed to really be enjoying herself. Some of our guests were hoping to dance with her!

Dinner service was super quick. The food was absolutely excellent, of course. Our guests loved all of the offerings and we got great comments across the board. JM has tastings (I believe twice a year) at no additional cost to clients, to help with choices. You can also do a paid tasting if you miss the event. Standout offerings include their flounder, corn casserole, stuffed mushroom caps, and the best Caesar salad ever.

The one non-positive comment we have is Sasha, one of the waitstaff, seemed super uninterested and in a bad mood. It did not have an adverse effect on the event, but several people noticed, myself included. It was not enough to dock even half a point from this wonderful company, so I rated 5 stars across the board!

Mark · Married on 10/22/2016

I'd like to start of with thanking Michael and his staff for EVERYTHING!! -- He was there through EVERYTHING from the set up all the way to the end (even our left overs), the service was top notch ! Our menu was a HIT , the venue was awesome and the service was even better! For what we paid for his services it was WAAAAY worth it and some! They definitely delivered --- WHAT AN AMAZING DAY! Thanks guys ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxSGZSO_fR8&t=2s

Sommer · Married on 10/15/2016

I am writing this because of the excellent job “John Michael Wedding & Special Events” did on my Daughter’s Wedding Ceremony & Wedding Reception which was held October 2016. The Wedding Ceremony and Reception was beautiful thanks to Charlene of John Michael Wedding & Special Events. As I write this I am still receiving calls from Family and Friends on what a wonderful time they had, how elegant the reception was and the excellent food. Everyone stayed on the dance floor. All this was possible due to Charlene and her execution of John Michael’s “Diamond Wedding Package”. The “Diamond Wedding Package” took care of the wedding planning, wedding rehearsal coordination, coordination day of wedding, catering services, cake, DJ, lighting, flowers, photography, video and limo. All the Bride & Groom had to do was show up and let Charlene do what she does best of which she did an EXCELLENT job. The wedding ceremony went smooth and flawless. I know this was due to Charlene’s expertise in coordinating the ceremony rehearsal which showed the day of the wedding ceremony. Charlene tended to the Bride & Groom from the planning stage, coordinating the wedding rehearsal, coordinating the wedding ceremony, overseeing the wedding reception and simultaneously giving the Bride & Groom her undivided attention.

During the Reception Joel came around several times to make sure everything was okay. Thank you Joel. The waiters & waitresses were exceptional. A special thanks to one of the waiters Julio. Julio went the extra step tending to my Daughter’s Grandmother. Several family members informed me on Julio’s attentiveness and kindness during the cocktail hour & during dinner. The team of John Michael Wedding & Special Events was responsive, professional, patient, kind and fun. I highly recommend John Michael Wedding & Special Events.

Mother of the Bride

Gemma · Married on 10/12/2016

Michael rescued our wedding after my wedding planner shut up shop! Being a uk bride it was a daunting experience as I'd never been to the places we booked or met any vendors. Michael responded promptly and expertly to all my e mails no matter how many questions I asked! He did a fab job of organising everything exactly the way I wanted it to be, everything was smooth, relaxed and timed without being rushed. On the day I was shocked by just how beautiful everything was, even my flowers and cake. Michael was there running the show and along with our dj, the photographer and the reverend Glynn it made the day all the more fun and enjoyable. I honestly can't thank or recommend them enough, in fact I'm sad I don't need to communicate with them anymore! Thanks again, best wishes Gemma & James Redford xx

Chaz · Married on 10/01/2016

OMG... Book them in a heart beat. The John Michael staff and their packages are amazing. The John Michael staff helped my husband and I put on the wedding of our dreams. I still haven't gotten over the high of that day, and people are calling it the best wedding yet. We could not have done it without JM and their spectacular team!!

Linda · Married on 07/22/2016

We had originally contracted with another wedding planner who went out of business 7 months before our daughter's wedding. John Michael Events took over as our planner and it was the best thing that could have happened. Everyone was so helpful and worked tirelessly to make our daughter's wedding her dream come true! John Michael worked with the vendors to make sure we weren't charged more for the other planner's errors! Charlene and Justin were amazing at the wedding and reception and bent over backwards to do everything that was needed to make the wedding a smooth and flawless success! If you want peace of mind in your planning process, choose John Michael Events!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Thank you so much!

Clare · Married on 05/26/2016

Hi I am from the uk and I can't thank john michael events enough they took over from our other wedding planner when they closed there bussiness and they made sure our day was perfect from start to finish everything was just as we wanted it and michael made sure everything was in place and ready go i didn't have to worry about thing. I would recommend to anyone living in the uk and wanting to get married in orlando.x

denise · Married on 05/13/2016

Our decision to have John Michaels cater our wedding was one of our best decisions we made. Charlene is amazing to work and made the planning process enjoyable at every turn. She was always professional while still being fun and laid back. The food was amazing!! We received an abundant amount of compliments on the food. The day of the wedding was seamless. John Michaels set up all of our items for the ceremony and reception and it all looked amazing and was done just the way we had envisioned. Jamie and I highly recommend John Michael's to anyone who wants a night full of amazing food with "no worries" Thanks John Michael and especially Charlene for a truly exceptional experience on our wedding day! Jamie & Denise

Sent on 05/26/2016

John Michael Weddings and Special Events's reply:

That was very sweet of you and thank you for the kind words!

Carol · Married on 03/23/2016

Michael Thomas was very helpful and friendly. As we live in the UK a lot of communication was done by email, we always got a quick response from Michael by email. We had the best day ever. We are 50ish and both on our second marriage. We kept the wedding a secret from everyone and just took our 6 joint kids with us and told them once in Orlando, their ages are 18 to 24. They were shocked but pleased for us. We chose Paradise Cove as it looked beautiful and we loved the beach there too. The day went without a hitch and although everyone in the USA are a lot more laid back than the UK, everything over there was still so professional and the people so helpful. We did not have any catering just the wedding, as being just 8 of us we went for a special meal after at The Boathouse at Disney Springs. A wonderful day and thank you John Michael events for organizing it all. We can't wait to see the Photos/Video. Mr & Mrs Bailey in the UK

Barbara · Married on 03/19/2016

John Michael Events made our day truly special. The whole planning process from beginning to day of our wedding was such a pleasant experience. Everyone we had the pleasure of working with was knowledgeable and extremely professional. Our guests raved about the food and the staff!!

Sent on 04/03/2016

John Michael Weddings and Special Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the very kind words - it was our pleasure. Congratulations!