John McDonald Photography Reviews

John McDonald Photography 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal photographer!

John (and Gary) provided exceptional services from start to finish! They were quick to adapt the day to meet our needs due to weather and our son (who is a toddler). There was excellent communication, both during the event and before our special day. All details were thoroughly planned and executed. And most importantly the photographs were absolutely amazing! The photos were edited and sent to us in a timely manner (2 and a half weeks).

Sent on 05/22/2019
    John McDonald Photography 17
    John McDonald Photography 18
    John McDonald Photography 19

Jillian Hoerner · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing, magical... highly recommend.

My husband and I loved working with John, our wedding photos and engagement shoot photos were unbelievable.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2018

Great photographer and photos!

John was very experienced and help make the planning process easy. He has a good eye for taking great photos! We couldn’t be happier with the results.

Sent on 12/26/2018
    John McDonald Photography 20
    John McDonald Photography 21
    John McDonald Photography 22

Brandi · Married on 09/22/2018

truly amazing

John was just amazing and so professional. He is so creative and he captured every moment of my special day. My husband and I are so happy with the quality of are pictures. When we looked thought them we were able to relive are amazing day. John truly cares about his work and he cares about the couple and family he is working with, and really stay focused on his task at hand. you can tell he is so passionate about what he dose and he puts in 100% effort. I am so unbelievable happy with my pictures. I could not have asked for anything or anyone better.

Sent on 10/18/2018
    John McDonald Photography 29
    John McDonald Photography 30
    John McDonald Photography 31

Monima · Married on 09/15/2018

John McDonald and the second photographer Gary were absolutely amazing. They were upbeat, cheerful, and extremely helpful. Even when I was tired, John kept me energized and got all the shots that I wanted and so much more. He is an exceptional photographer. You can tell he really is passionate about his craft. You will not be disappointed with him as your wedding photographer. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Chelsea Fix · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding Photographer

John was great to work with! He was very quick to respond and very flexible with our schedules. Our pictures were everything we hoped for and more. He took specific pictures that I asked for and had a great eye for pictures I never would have dreamed of. Well worth every penny!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    John McDonald Photography 32
    John McDonald Photography 33
    John McDonald Photography 34

Margaret · Married on 07/28/2018

Loved loved loved John. He was so professional always kept us in the loop and most of the all the pictures were amazing! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding/engagement photographer. I had multiple style I was going for and he was able to accommodate them all!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Christine · Married on 07/21/2018

John was super easy to work with and the photographs came out beautifully. He did a great job capturing all of the special moments during our wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Aly · Married on 07/14/2018

John was amazing from start to finish. From our engagement photos to our wedding night, he was nothing short of incredible. He was so flexible throughout everything (rescheduling engagement photos when there was concern the weather wouldn’t be ideal, creating a new plan when it rained on our wedding day for pictures) and was really helpful in guiding us through the whole day. John and his assistant Gary, were truly top notch and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2018

John McDonald Photography is phenomenal! John's style is totally unique. His photos are bright, bold, and perfectly capture the atmosphere of the day. He is totally laid back, personable, and accommodating to any requests you may have for your big day. He answered all my my picky questions without complaint and helped my husband and I decide how our wedding day timeline would come together. My husband and I - and our family and friends - were entirely blown away by the photos we received.
    I cannot say enough about how much I would recommend John and John McDonald Photography for your big day! The quality, professionalism, value, and final results will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Andrew · Married on 06/09/2018

John and his assistant were simply phenomenal!

From start to finish, our experience with John couldn't have been better. He had many truly original ideas for shots, and was extremely flexible in accomodating my wife & I. Our photos together are amazing.

He also captured the reception perfectly. We've received dozens of compliments & comments on how much fun it looked like everyone had - I owe most of the thanks for that to John for having the experitise to capture the spirit of our day perfectly! I would absolutely reccomend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

John was awesome to work with! He captured out wedding day perfectly. Everyone who saw the pictures was blown away by how great they were. John was so easy to work with ,and I knew I could count on him to help make our day perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2017

John was such an awesome person to work with! We found him through Facebook and we are so happy that we did! He was great with telling us what to expect, very flexible with times and with specific types of photos we wanted. Best of all, he was fun to be around and a great addition to our wedding day! We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/06/2017

carola · Married on 10/07/2017

Both my husband and I LOVED working with John. From the initial calls, to the in person meeting prior to the wedding, John was always helpful and willing to suggest unique ideas. The day of the wedding, we had the pleasure of having John and his colleague Chuck work with us, and the end result couldn't be more beautiful! Not only was there a quick turnaround, but their angles and shots were breathtaking. Couldn't have asked for a better way to capture our memories. :)

Sent on 11/06/2017
    John McDonald Photography 35
    John McDonald Photography 36
    John McDonald Photography 37

Mollie · Married on 09/09/2017

John is an amazing photographer who gives 100% effort and will do anything to get the perfect shot and make sure you get tons of different poses, different locations, all the while making you feel comfortable and confident. Both our engagement and wedding pictures were flawless and the shoots were fun and seamless! The communication was always prompt, meeting up was never a problem, and we got our edited pictures back faster than any couple I have ever known. The quality of the photography itself is absolutely phenomenal and John’s use of light is very unique and beautiful. I would recommend him to anyone, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2017
    John McDonald Photography 43
    John McDonald Photography 44
    John McDonald Photography 45

Christa · Married on 09/03/2017

We hired John to do our September 3rd wedding and we are SO glad we did! John was extremely professional in the months leading up to our event; he replied promptly to any emails we sent and spoke with us over the phone in the days leading up to our wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page and that we had everything planned out. Wedding planning is a long and stressful process, but John helped put us at ease about everything related to photos. For a very reasonable price John included an engagement shoot as well as a second shooter for our wedding day.

On the day of the wedding, John made sure we got any pictures that we specifically wanted and came up with creative ideas of his own. We did a first look and John knew exactly what to do to make sure the moment was captured perfectly. After the wedding, John had our pictures edited and back to us in under two weeks! And the photos themselves were excellent. We really could not be happier with the quantity and quality of pictures we got back. There were multiple pictures that friends and family (and ourselves) raved about upon seeing them for the first time.

We would absolutely recommend John!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    John McDonald Photography 46
    John McDonald Photography 47
    John McDonald Photography 48

Kara · Married on 08/12/2017

We were beyond happy with John's service and professionalism! We planned our wedding from California and it was so nice to send an email and get a response back within that same day. The day of, John and his second shooter Jennifer made taking pictures stress free and we loved all the shots we received!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Diana · Married on 08/05/2017

Our wedding and engagement photos turned out amazing. There was a quick turn around with our photos (less than 3 weeks). John is very professional and responsive. He helped us along the way in every aspect. He gives ideas, takes feedback and suggestions, and has a few very unique "signature shots" that he uses. His work speaks for itself, just call him and set up an appointment. You won't be disappointed. Thanks so much John!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

There really aren't enough good things to say about John!!! Both our engagement and wedding photos turned out stunning...better than we could have imagined! When choosing a photographer, the one thing that really struck us about John was his clear passion for what he does. We got married at Hotel Henry and he was SO excited to get in there and photograph. The passion he brings paired with an excellent eye for a good shot really make him a great photographer. He's also just a nice guy and easy to work with. On the day of our wedding, he brought a second photographer Gary who went and photographed the guys getting ready while John was photographing the girls. Once the ceremony started they worked together...which was a great way to get different angles and a different perspective in our shots. Gary was also an easy to work with nice guy. All in all we would highly recommend John for all your photography needs!!! You definitely won't be disappointed :-)

Sent on 09/05/2017

Christine · Married on 07/21/2017

Absolutely beautiful photos, John also had a lot of great ideas for pictures. He is so sweet and accommodating, not to mention reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend him for pictures of any ones special day, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2016

John was our photographer for our wedding in December and he was great to work with! We also worked with him for our engagement photos which was a great too. It definitely made us feel more comfortable on our wedding day! We were very impressed with how quickly we got our photos back for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Our family and friends have also enjoyed looking through them and remembering the day with us! I would definitely recommend John McDonald Photography to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 01/23/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/08/2016

John and his assistant did an amazing job! We could not have been happier with our finished photos. He was really professional and had great ideas for shots. The pricing was competitive and even though it seems like a lot it was worth every penny! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

John was great to work with! He was very accommodating to our needs (traveling to Rochester) and very professional. He gave us great pictures for our wedding and had a great partner with him that day. It is obvious that he loves what he does. For the value, we were very impressed and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I met with a few different photographers for our wedding. We tried different ones for the engagement and bridal shower, but nothing that I was in love with. When I was looking on the wedding wire website, I came across Johns page. I really was blown away by his special lighting effects, which I hadn't seen yet from others. He was very attentive to emails and phone calls which made working with him so easy. Our pictures from the day were nothing less than perfection as well. He captured everything perfectly, and I'm still having a hard time deciding which I'm going to hang up in our home. Thanks again for capturing our wedding so perfectly John!

Sent on 10/18/2016