John McDonald Photography Reviews

50 | Buffalo, NY

50 Reviews for John McDonald Photography

Sarah · Married on 01/18/2020

Exceptional photographer!

John was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! We were already a fan of his photography well before we decided to hire him for our own wedding and we are so glad we did. You can tell that he is passionate about his work and is truly gifted when it comes to capturing priceless moments on camera. I would highly recommend John for wedding and all photography! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Beth Seel · Married on 01/11/2020

Eye for Unique Backgrounds

John was so talented and accommodating from day 1. He shot the weddings of two other family members, so we went out of our way to ensure he was available before selecting our wedding date. John has the very best second shooters available to assist him. He had ideas when we asked, and also listened when we had special requests. He answered emails within hours. John also was so pleasant the day of the wedding. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Alexandria · Married on 10/19/2019

An unmatchable experience!

John was absolutely incredible from the beginning. He was very accommodating, especially since we live out of state. John still shot our engagement photos even though we had a small window of two days to choose from while it was around 15 degrees outside. He was quick to respond throughout our planning process. John was fun, genuine, and very easy to get along with. Gary, his second shooter, was amazing as well. They made us comfortable and at ease by being so down to earth. There were many times that they just blended in and we didn’t even realize they were shooting. We cannot thank John or Gary enough. These photos are more beautiful than we ever imagined possible, and we will cherish them forever. John has an undeniable talent, and his love for what he does shows in every photo he takes.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Alicia · Married on 10/11/2019

Wonderful experience

John made everything so easy for us the day of our wedding!! To be honest at times we didn’t even recognize him shooting which is what he wanted! My husband and I were so comfortable with him and Gary (the second shooter) and our pictures turned out phenomenal. John has a way of editing pictures and making them look so unique and beautiful. They captured every moment for us. We will live off these memories from the pictures by John McDonald Photography.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Kara

Kara Saile · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing!

We love John and his work so much! He is so incredibly down to earth, genuine and LOVES photography! His work speaks for itself, just stunning. We loveeee our pictures and got them back in less than two weeks! I highly recommend booking with John, you will forever have beautiful pictures to document your special day!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Cassidy · Married on 08/04/2019

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

If you are looking for a photographer that will make you feel incredibly comfortable and ease all of your worries, look no further. John was an absolute joy to work with. He captured our wedding day perfectly. John truly ran the show, something I didn’t know I needed and am incredibly thankful for. He was able to capture every moment all while keeping us on our timeline. He was always one step ahead which made the entire day run with ease. If you are in the Buffalo area, he’s the only choice!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Angelle

Angelle Phillips · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely amazing!

John was absolutely amazing! I couldn't say enough good things about him. He worked closely with us to find the perfect spots and timing for our pictures before our ceremony. He was very responsive whenever we had questions. Our pictures turned out absolutely amazing. We love them all and the Pass gallery we use to view and download them is so user friendly and easy to use. John went out of his way while taking pictures, including bringing a step ladder to get a special shot we wanted. I would absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal photographer!

John (and Gary) provided exceptional services from start to finish! They were quick to adapt the day to meet our needs due to weather and our son (who is a toddler). There was excellent communication, both during the event and before our special day. All details were thoroughly planned and executed. And most importantly the photographs were absolutely amazing! The photos were edited and sent to us in a timely manner (2 and a half weeks).

Sent on 05/22/2019

Jillian Hoerner · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing, magical... highly recommend.

My husband and I loved working with John, our wedding photos and engagement shoot photos were unbelievable.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Maggie Sullivan (Weschler) · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible photos

John & his partner chuck did our wedding photography, and not only did he get us our photos in two weeks, they all looked FABULOUS! I love that we got to keep ALL the photos & we were able to send them to our friends and family so they could order their own prints! Working with John was easy (which was awesome because my now husband and I live in Chicago) and the entire experience during the wedding was very enjoyable, and it was definitely a relief to know that our day was in very good hands! Thank you John for everything!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2018

Great photographer and photos!

John was very experienced and help make the planning process easy. He has a good eye for taking great photos! We couldn’t be happier with the results.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Brandi · Married on 09/22/2018

truly amazing

John was just amazing and so professional. He is so creative and he captured every moment of my special day. My husband and I are so happy with the quality of are pictures. When we looked thought them we were able to relive are amazing day. John truly cares about his work and he cares about the couple and family he is working with, and really stay focused on his task at hand. you can tell he is so passionate about what he dose and he puts in 100% effort. I am so unbelievable happy with my pictures. I could not have asked for anything or anyone better.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Monima · Married on 09/15/2018

John McDonald and the second photographer Gary were absolutely amazing. They were upbeat, cheerful, and extremely helpful. Even when I was tired, John kept me energized and got all the shots that I wanted and so much more. He is an exceptional photographer. You can tell he really is passionate about his craft. You will not be disappointed with him as your wedding photographer. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Chelsea Fix · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding Photographer

John was great to work with! He was very quick to respond and very flexible with our schedules. Our pictures were everything we hoped for and more. He took specific pictures that I asked for and had a great eye for pictures I never would have dreamed of. Well worth every penny!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Margaret · Married on 07/28/2018

Loved loved loved John. He was so professional always kept us in the loop and most of the all the pictures were amazing! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding/engagement photographer. I had multiple style I was going for and he was able to accommodate them all!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Christine · Married on 07/21/2018

John was super easy to work with and the photographs came out beautifully. He did a great job capturing all of the special moments during our wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Aly · Married on 07/14/2018

John was amazing from start to finish. From our engagement photos to our wedding night, he was nothing short of incredible. He was so flexible throughout everything (rescheduling engagement photos when there was concern the weather wouldn’t be ideal, creating a new plan when it rained on our wedding day for pictures) and was really helpful in guiding us through the whole day. John and his assistant Gary, were truly top notch and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2018

John McDonald Photography is phenomenal! John's style is totally unique. His photos are bright, bold, and perfectly capture the atmosphere of the day. He is totally laid back, personable, and accommodating to any requests you may have for your big day. He answered all my my picky questions without complaint and helped my husband and I decide how our wedding day timeline would come together. My husband and I - and our family and friends - were entirely blown away by the photos we received.
    I cannot say enough about how much I would recommend John and John McDonald Photography for your big day! The quality, professionalism, value, and final results will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Andrew · Married on 06/09/2018

John and his assistant were simply phenomenal!

From start to finish, our experience with John couldn't have been better. He had many truly original ideas for shots, and was extremely flexible in accomodating my wife & I. Our photos together are amazing.

He also captured the reception perfectly. We've received dozens of compliments & comments on how much fun it looked like everyone had - I owe most of the thanks for that to John for having the experitise to capture the spirit of our day perfectly! I would absolutely reccomend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

John was awesome to work with! He captured out wedding day perfectly. Everyone who saw the pictures was blown away by how great they were. John was so easy to work with ,and I knew I could count on him to help make our day perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2017

John was such an awesome person to work with! We found him through Facebook and we are so happy that we did! He was great with telling us what to expect, very flexible with times and with specific types of photos we wanted. Best of all, he was fun to be around and a great addition to our wedding day! We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/06/2017

carola · Married on 10/07/2017

Both my husband and I LOVED working with John. From the initial calls, to the in person meeting prior to the wedding, John was always helpful and willing to suggest unique ideas. The day of the wedding, we had the pleasure of having John and his colleague Chuck work with us, and the end result couldn't be more beautiful! Not only was there a quick turnaround, but their angles and shots were breathtaking. Couldn't have asked for a better way to capture our memories. :)

Sent on 11/06/2017

Mollie · Married on 09/09/2017

John is an amazing photographer who gives 100% effort and will do anything to get the perfect shot and make sure you get tons of different poses, different locations, all the while making you feel comfortable and confident. Both our engagement and wedding pictures were flawless and the shoots were fun and seamless! The communication was always prompt, meeting up was never a problem, and we got our edited pictures back faster than any couple I have ever known. The quality of the photography itself is absolutely phenomenal and John’s use of light is very unique and beautiful. I would recommend him to anyone, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Christa · Married on 09/03/2017

We hired John to do our September 3rd wedding and we are SO glad we did! John was extremely professional in the months leading up to our event; he replied promptly to any emails we sent and spoke with us over the phone in the days leading up to our wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page and that we had everything planned out. Wedding planning is a long and stressful process, but John helped put us at ease about everything related to photos. For a very reasonable price John included an engagement shoot as well as a second shooter for our wedding day.

On the day of the wedding, John made sure we got any pictures that we specifically wanted and came up with creative ideas of his own. We did a first look and John knew exactly what to do to make sure the moment was captured perfectly. After the wedding, John had our pictures edited and back to us in under two weeks! And the photos themselves were excellent. We really could not be happier with the quantity and quality of pictures we got back. There were multiple pictures that friends and family (and ourselves) raved about upon seeing them for the first time.

We would absolutely recommend John!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Kara · Married on 08/12/2017

We were beyond happy with John's service and professionalism! We planned our wedding from California and it was so nice to send an email and get a response back within that same day. The day of, John and his second shooter Jennifer made taking pictures stress free and we loved all the shots we received!

Sent on 07/22/2017