89 Reviews for John & Max Mills Photography

Multi. Locations (1)
Toning (1)
Prints (1)
89 John & Max Mills Photography Reviews

My husband and I are so glad we hired John and Max Mills for our wedding and engagement photo shoot. They were very professional and responded on time for everything. The albums that they made were just beautiful!!! We will treasure the photos forever.

Profile Picture Ekaterina, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Max and John Mills provided photography services for our wedding at La Venta Inn in Palos Verdes. They were one of the recommended vendors, and we're so glad that we used them! First, they had an excellent knowledge of the venue and all of the best times and places for photographs tot be taken so we were sure to get the best photos possible given the time of day of our wedding. And, of course, we did!!! We were fortunate to have a fabulous day which allowed them to take breathtaking photos over the ocean, in the gardens, outside as the sun was going down, and inside after the sun was set. We are extremely pleased with the quality and clarity of the photos. They were able to capture exceptional moments before and during the ceremony and throughout the reception. Max and John make the entire process of working with them easy. We had a pre-wedding meeting with them to review our preferences and wishes; they split up the day of the wedding and each took pictures of the brides and their families, and then we did group pictures prior to the ceremony; they worked together the remainder of the evening with us having no idea they were even there; and several weeks following the wedding they contacted us to let us know our pictures were up on a website for review. Simple, simple, simple! They have done a terrific job for us, and we can't wait to get our completed album. We highly recommend John and Max Mills!!!

Profile Picture Posie, 12/13/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files

John and Max recently photographed our wedding, as well as our engagement shoot. Our venue provided a list of photography options, but within minutes of our first meeting with Max we knew this was the right choice. Both John and Max are warm, funny and enjoyable to work with. We wanted people at our wedding that we connected with - as well as them being great at their job. They make the experience of being photographed (something I am not a fan of) a pleasure, and their work is beautiful. They work so well together and they were able to customize a package to suit our needs.

At the wedding they were both the perfect blend of organizing and hands off. There are so many shots where I don't even recall a photographer being present!

The photos from both our engagement "get to know you" shoot and the wedding are stunning. They really show off the beauty of the venue and the vibrant colors of the area. In addition our posed shots look great and the more candid shots are so much fun.

We are so glad that we picked John and Max for our special day.

Profile Picture Rachel , 10/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

John and Max captured our most special day with a vivid and diverse array of photography that will enable us to cherish the events forever. They were amazing to work with through the entire process, from the initial planning through the follow-up well after the event. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User5414747, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning

Max and Jon shot our wedding ceremony last weekend and they were great to work with! We had a specific schedule before our ceremony and after and they were very relaxed and accommodating and of course enjoyable to work with.

When I first met Max I knew they would be a great compliment to our wedding day. Their experience in shooting photography in direct sun with an ocean background as well as on the beach was important to me and I knew they would do a great job!

Having 2 photographers on the day is great as you will get multiple shots as well as different perspectives.

I would highly recommend Max and Jon for your oceanside/beach wedding!

Profile Picture User4616745, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We got married in Manhattan Beach, CA and John and Max captured our day perfectly! We had scheduled to have them meet us at the hotel for some pre-pictures and of our first look, and that is when we thought their day started. Little did we know, they went to the venue and captured some amazing pictures of the venue set up before people arrived. These pictures turned out to be very special as we did not get to see the venue until after everyone was there.

From the moment we meet with them, to the minute they left, we felt very comfortable working with John and Max. One touch we really liked is they took the time to know the names of our family members so that during pictures, they were able to call people by their names.

Also, my now husband HATES to take pictures. One of the main reasons we selected John and Max is because they explained to them that through their experience they have learned lighting and angles and they do not take 100 pictures of the same shot. They like the capture the picture and move on. This also allowed us to spend more time with our guest’s day of the wedding.

Now to the pictures...they are amazing! We got married on the beach, and the way they captured the lighting and some of the couple pictures we got, I never would have imagined. They knew what shots would work for us, and what would not. We also wanted to take some pictures with props on the beach, and they were very accommodating. Also when the sun was setting back at our venue, they captured some amazing shots. I never realized how beneficial it would be to have 2 photographers...not only did it make the process quicker, but allowed for pictures to be taken from different angles and we noticed that pictures were captured of us and our guests at the same time. It felt like we did not miss out on anything.

We would highly recommend meeting with Jon and Max and then selecting them for your photographers.

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Max and John Mills made the experience from start to finish absolutely amazing!
Planning a wedding from another state was not easy (we live in ND and the wedding was in CA) but they were understanding and very flexible. They had great suggestions for us and were eager to work with us in every aspect and every step of the process.
Max and John are very professional, fun and easy to get along. At the end of the wedding, I felt like I had gained friends. You can tell that they have a passion for their work (always smiling as they move swiftly through the crowd). The result of their work is so stunning that I had a tough time narrowing my designer album to the 60 photos we had agreed upon. Such a great problem to have! I would recommend them whole heartedly and with much confidence. Laetitia and Mark H.

Profile Picture Laetitia, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max were incredible, they were prepared, prompt, and so complimentary through the entire event. When we met John and Max I asked how they would get to know us before the event and they said we were welcome to meet them again to chat as much as we wanted before the event.
I emailed Max to ask a couple question and she called me back and eased every concern I voiced. During the wedding they were awesome, I know they work with brides most weekends, but I truly felt like they thought I was the easiest/most beautiful bride they'd ever worked with. I loved that there were 2 of them, having pictures from two different angles shows different perspectives, which I really like.

Profile Picture Kristy, 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max photographed my wedding. From the first phone call, Max was incredibly friendly and helpful. She was always responsive to my questions and very easy to work with. Before the wedding, I sent her types of pictures I liked and a long list of "shots" I wanted on my wedding day. She was very receptive and walked me thru how the day of the wedding would be approached. On the wedding day, John and Max were on time and professional. They worked well together and you could tell they had a lot of experience. They did a great job capturing important family pictures and some well timed sunset pictures. John and Max paid close attention to my requested picture list and I appreciated that. My husband and I were very happy with the pictures we got from our wedding! We got a large number of shots and many great poses. It was nice to have 2 photographers, to capture different viewpoints of the day. After the wedding, we received the pictures in a timely manner. We had an album as part of our deal and I worked for months with Max on that. She did multiple revisions, in a timely manner and I really appreciated her patience. She has a terrific creative eye and the layout of the album is beautiful. The whole process of working with John and Max was a pleasure. Selecting my wedding photographer was a very important decision and I'm happy that my husband and I had John and Max be a part of our special day. I would definitely recommend them to other couples as we had a very positive experience!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max were very pleasant to work with, especially considering that we were planning a wedding from across the country.

They definitely tried to capture all the images that we asked them to for the big day, but it is important to note that their approach is journalistic in style to capture the day as it happened, and they'll be the first to tell you that they don't want to heavily edit photos.

We can't emphasize enough how positive and enthusiastic they were with the wedding party and guests, and we certainly appreciated that they knew all the relevant parties' (family, bridal party, etc.) names upon arrival. They even brought an additional shooter/lighting assistant free of charge.

When talking with friends who recently got married they had horror stories about getting pictures from their photographer. It's easiest here to say exactly when we got ours from Max and John (all dates are weeks from wedding): two weeks - preview album posted, three weeks - photos on online portal, six weeks - high quality images in hand and wedding album designed. What's most important is they did exactly what they said they would.

Finally, everyone's perception of what they are willing to spend on a photographer -- or any wedding vendor -- is going to be different. In the opinion of these bargain hunters, Max and John are experienced pros who are well worth it.

Profile Picture User4251680, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We really enjoyed working with John and Max on our wedding day!! We were glad that we used them to capture our special moments!! They are both GREAT to work with!! They really took time to get to know us and to understand our preference and needs before and during the wedding day, which was very special to use. They are very easy going and fun to work with. They made all the photo sessions very enjoyable! All of our wedding party loved working with them. They are also very patient and flexible to coordinate the photo sessions with other wedding activities.

John and Max are GREAT photographers. They know the venue very well, and they are great at what they do. We just received the photos they took on the wedding day!! They are so beautiful and We love all of them!! I strongly recommend John and Max to all the bride and groom to bes!

Profile Picture Iris , 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was extremely happy with the services provided by John and Max. As a couple, they work extremely well together. What I valued the most is their personality. As a bride, you are constantly taking photos and John and Max made the process enjoyable and easy. My husband is not one who likes taking photos and even he, enjoyed the time with John and Max. John and Max were able to give direction to family members who were straggling while being polite which was important to me. They are a fun couple and very professional.

The turnaround time of the photos was quick and I was thrilled with how all the photos turned out. John and Max worked closely with me before the wedding to ensure that all of my must-have photos were taken, and they were. John and Max are experts on light and capturing memborable moments, not just staged photos.

One of my favorite parts about John and Max Mills Photography is that I have the right to all the digitals from the wedding.

I sincerely recommend John and Max Mills Photography.

Profile Picture Cassie, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max Mills were a pleasure to work with on our wedding. From the start they made us feel so at ease regarding the whole process. They answered all our questions, showed us sample albums and portraits they had done and discussed what we wanted from them. Max was always available to answer our questions by phone or email. We set up a photo session for pictures to use for our guest book. We were not disappointed one bit with the exceptional quality of the pictures and the book. The day of the wedding, John and Max took a tremendous amount of pictures and managed to keep us all smiling and at ease. We now have the difficult task of choosing which pictures to use for our wedding album. The additional bonus of getting a digital copy of all the pictures taken makes it easier to narrow our choices down. We highly recommend using John and Max for your future event - you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Dani, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

John and Max Mills were absolutely everything we could of hoped for. From our first conversation I could tell their experience was immense and I was not disappointed. Prior to the wedding we thoroughly discussed my husbands and my vision with John and Maxine. They really understood what we were looking for and executed it perfectly. They knew the venue so well which really helped us get the perfect shots without wasting any time. They work seamlessly together. They were so efficient getting our photos back to us, which was great cause I was really anxious to see them. The lighting was superb in every shot, I loved the sillhouettes of my husband and I. I cant wait to see our photos in our book.

Profile Picture Dayna, 12/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was thrilled with my experience with John & Max Mills Photography from the initial meeting to the gorgeous finished products. Since sharing my wedding album with friends, I have become even more appreciative of their work, as friends have shared more horror stories than success stories regarding their wedding photography experiences. Luckily, my experience was just the opposite as it was a complete success from A to Z. John and Max conducted business in a very professional, but still warm and caring manner. Any questions that I emailed were always promptly answered, which was key for a somewhat anxious bride! I felt that my happiness with their product was truly their goal. John really put everyone at ease during the picture taking time, including my husband, who is notorious for not wanting to take pictures. I would most definitely recommend them to friends and family, and have done so since the wedding. Thank you John and Max!

Profile Picture Jill, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are extremely grateful to John and Max Mills for their photographic expertise. Throughout our wedding preparations and ceremony, John and Max collaborated with everyone involved and produced a wonderful set of photographs for my wife and I to choose from for our wedding album. I highly recommend John and Max Mills for all of your photo needs.
Rob & Lindsay Kaufman
Married - Sept. 28th, 2013

Profile Picture Robert, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max are awesome! They made the wedding party feel so comfortable and the pictures came out looking amazing! They had lots of experience at our venue and they knew exactly which shots to get. John and Max are so nice and the photos came out perfectly!!! I can't wait to get our album!!

Profile Picture Molly, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max did our wedding and reception at La Venta just a week weeks ago. There is nothing bad we can say about them. They have been amazing from the beginning. We felt like they were family. John and Max are highly recommended. They were very professional, and above and beyond flexible. Thank you guys for amazing photos!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I really like how John and Max worked together. Very professional. They are just really nice people to work with. And they know how to put a smile on everyone's faces.

Profile Picture User3306893, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

After meeting John & Max for the first time, we knew right off the bat that they were the perfect photographers for our wedding. They encouraged us to do an engagement session, where we could also get to know them better before the wedding and make things more comfortable. This was a fabulous idea which made our wedding day more relaxed. They were very fun to work with and had creative ideas to work with our ideas for the wedding pictures and so forth. I would love to use them again and I would recommend others to their services also.

One trick they used on our wedding day, to not leave anyone out of pictures, was to have a list of family members in their pocket ( prior memorized ) of both sides of our families - this made it easier when they were talking to family members and trying to get everyone to line up for photos.

They also brought their son in to help on our wedding day to shoot and help set up- the three of them were a great team and such a pleasure to work with.

The QUALITY service we received with John and Max was excellent and we couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Adriene , 5/17/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Max & John were absolutely amazing! It's hard to put into words just how wonderful it was to have them apart of my event. It was definitely a cosmic connection that brought us to them and I couldn't be happier!! And the photos they got are just breathtaking. I feel like I'm reliving my wedding everytime I see them. I can't wait to get my wedding album and really enjoy the amazement of Max & John! Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Aleasha, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Anna and I made the decision to go with a proven team to ensure our wedding day was perfect and we were not disappointed. John and Max were there before, during, and after the wedding to ensure we got the highest quality and diverse wedding photos possible. They accommodated all our requests and adjusted flawlessly to the different venues we had available hotel, beach, ceremony, and reception. Both Anna and I were able to be ourselves and just have fun. John and Max put both of us at ease and you can tell they enjoy their work. They listened to everything we wanted and incorporated as much as possible into the time we had. A great experience!! Thanks again John and Max.

Profile Picture Mike, 12/27/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I made my fiancé choose our photographer. Because he's an armature photographer I figured he would make a more logical and less emotional choice and that’s exactly what he did.

I would not have chosen Mills Photography. Nothing jumped off their portfolio and grabbed my heart. Sure it’s nice, but it didn’t speak to me personally.

However - now that I have MY pictures - I could NOT BE HAPPIER with Mills Photography. Here’s why.

1.) I showed them the style of pictures I wanted on my wedding, and that’s what they gave me.
2.) Their price is fantastic especially because our package included albums. Two albums!
3.) My family (who all hate having their pictures taken) enjoyed working with them and Max and John got striking pictures of uncooperative people.
4.) Most importantly for a bride - they understood me, and encouraged my eccentricity. When I started sticking my tongue out and crossing my eyes, they didn’t get offended, they made everybody else do it too - and so my pictures have this sense of fun and play about them! They aren’t all stiff and posed. They feel real and alive and unique.
5.) I’m not photogenic probably because I don’t like having my picture taken. I told them I was worried, and asked them to help me because I wanted nice pictures. They made it easy. The pictures they took are definitely the best pictures of me anywhere period. And that can’t be just because it was my wedding. I’ve been as happy before, I’ve been in better lighting, I’ve worked with professionals, I’ve wanted nice pictures just as bad. I really feel they captured ME, and that’s awesome because no one else has done that before.

I said it before - I’ll say it again. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! :)

Profile Picture Casey, 11/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Max, John, Jesse Mills were the best off-the-charts outstanding photographers that any bride and groom could ever dream of having. They took amazing photos at every step of the way and did so with such grace and poise that our guests barely noticed until we got the FABULOUS photos. We highly recommend them--personally and professionally they are in a class of their own!
Julie Gutman Dickinson and Pete Dickinson

Profile Picture Julie , 11/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John and Max were highly recommended by our venue, La Venta Inn. As soon as I met them, I knew they were the perfect photographers for our wedding. Max was very helpful to me in visualizing how the big day was going to play out. She listened to my ideas and then provided some ideas of her own. Overall, I felt my needs were going to be met. On the big day, as overwhelming as it can be, they made me feel so beautiful and special. I was a bit camera shy, but they had a natural ability to capture many great moments of our wedding. One big detail about them is that they took so many great photos and were unobtrusive. We hardly knew they were there. Their photography skills were amazing! I was told by a friend, who is also a photographer, that my photos had great lighting. If you meet with them, you will be shown their portfolios and it will speak for themselves. They are truly experts in their field!

Profile Picture Julie Nguyen , 11/3/12, 1 Review