100 Reviews for John Harper Disc Jockey Services

User Photos
todo alt text
100 John Harper Disc Jockey Services Reviews

We called John in a last minute bind and not only was he available, but he was able to give us the perfect music. We only gave him 2 weeks notice and he gave us a night to remember. We got married in October and even this thanksgiving we had family and friends tell us how much they enjoyed the weeding music. He played all their favorite songs! Thanks John we can't wait to have you DJ again. (Not a wedding this time, maybe just a party)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John has the voice of someone on radio - wait, it's because he is on the radio! John is well versed in a classic wedding show. He understands the flow and handles the music transitions. If you're looking for honesty and ease, this guy will make your days easier and the big day the best!!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was great! He read the crowd and played music that kept people on the dance floor. He didn't try to be the center of attention, he let the music keep the night going. John was easy to work with and helped us be stress free!

Profile Picture Lee Ann , 9/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

John is so layed back!!! He was very quick to respond to my phone calls and believe it or not I hired him from 8 hrs away. I planned my entire wedding from home in hopes that everything would be perfect when I arrived to my wedding at the beach. Everything was a hit thanks to John and my other vendors. His play list kept everyone dancing the entire time! He is an absolute layed back professional! I was completely comfortable with him! I can not say enough good things!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 7/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding this past summer. He was super responsive and very flexible and helpful with everything we wanted. Even when we added a couple extra crazy things into the reception the week of the wedding. He met with us personally months before the wedding to get a feel for what we wanted and it worked out perfect. Everyone left our wedding happy! We would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Carina, 7/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was amazing! He knew exactly what to play for our wedding and all of our guests loved it. I never had to worry about the music, it was a perfect night! I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very professional and generous. John is so easy to work with and eager to make your day special. John, I can't thank you enough to or express what a blast we all had! Jen & Jude Schroeder

Profile Picture Jenni, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

John made our wedding so wonderful, and he kept everyone dancing.

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John did a wonderful job djing our wedding reception! He was easy to work with and accommodated all of our song requests. All of our guests talked about what a great time they had dancing at the reception and how friendly John was! We would recommend John to anyone needing a disc jockey!!

Profile Picture Sherry, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Put simply, John is as good as it gets. I had been to a number of weddings where John was the DJ, and I was always impressed by his ability to judge what would get people dancing, the way he helps the evening flow smoothly, and his absolute professionalism. So, when my daughter told us she was getting married, the first thing I did in preparation was to book John as the DJ. And in working with him, I was doubly impressed. If you are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, flexibility, and skill in making the event and the individual pieces of that event come together seamlessly, you have found the person you want.

Profile Picture David, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was awesome! He was the first vendor we booked for our wedding as we wanted to make sure he was available for our date. He was extremely easy to work with and he even was willing to set up the music for our ceremony. Our reception was a blast thanks to John. He played a great mix of oldies and new music that kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire evening. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Molly, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely flexible the day of our wedding. The weather called for 45+ mph winds and he developed several set-up options for us. Thankfully, the weather cooperated with us and we were able to set up outside. All of our guests had a blast, thanks to John! If you are getting married at Croatan RIdge, John is very familiar with this house.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John is great! I think he called me more during the planning process than I called him, which I appreciated! He would call just to check in on the planning and help with suggestions. My favorite suggestion he gave us was to do the anniversary dance and give the longest married couple a little Outer banks Souvenir, which we thought was a great idea. He played the songs that we wanted as well as played songs to keep the party alive, let's just say I have never seen my Mom dance so much. John was an excellent addition to our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed working with him!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

John is truly the best in the business! I have lived in the area for 40 years and everyone knows he is the one you want for your special occasion - without a doubt!

Profile Picture Lynne, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I were lucky enough to have John DJ our wedding. We live in Maryland and had our hearts set on getting married in the OBX; John was awesome from the start, always making time to meet with us on our random trips down. He played an excellent selection of jams that kept our guests on the dance floor all night. If you're looking for an awesome DJ with a vast knowledge of music and a chill personality, John is your guy.

Profile Picture Tana, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very easy going, great music and responsive to crowd. I'm from out of town and I only had to talk to him twice and everything turned out great! Was recommended and reasonably priced based on the area/availability of vendors.

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really enjoyed getting to know and work with John. He was the very first call we made in our search for our DJ and we never looked back. He is very knowledgeable about music and it was very apparent that music is his passion. He was always available to talk when questions came up and we leaned on his experience having worked hundreds (maybe even thousands) of events in OBX over his long career.

As for the wedding experience, he was crucial in figuring out the best mic to use (in OBX the wind can be very loud) and getting the sound just right for our attendees. He guided us through the reception portion like a true pro. Everyone danced the night away, both young and old...we all had a blast!

Many thanks to you John Harper!

Best,
Ryan & Melanie

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We new we wanted to work with John after our first conversation with him for our May 15, 2016 wedding. He made the the process so easy for us. Our wedding was at an event home and John was familiar with the home so it made planning that much easier. At our reception John what music to play for our guests to keep everyone having fun and dancing. It truly was a blast. I'd use his services again and would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was worth every single penny we spent! It has been almost 3 months since our wedding and we still have our friends and family talking about how wonderful and entertaining our DJ was! I was fearful of our older guests not dancing and having an empty dance floor, but I was so happy to see everyone dancing the entire night! We provided John with a list of songs we definitely wanted him to play, which he played, and then he added in other songs and knew exactly what would keep everyone dancing. We also had him announce our wedding party and he had the perfect announcing voice! Before and during our wedding John was so easy to work with and so flexible with all of our requests. Thanks for making our night so much fun for all of our guests. We would recommend John to everyone getting married in the Outer Banks!

Profile Picture Sydney, 5/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

"A DJ why do we need a DJ." That was my answer when two close friends popped by one evening a few weeks before our son was getting married. The friend and his son were both former DJ's. He was almost angry because his son was my son's Best Man. "You mean these two never thought of a DJ?"
The discussion turned to why would you risk all the effort and expense of a wedding going off the rails by not having a good DJ. Well that was all I needed to hear. I did my research and made a contact that night for what my research told me was the top DJ on the Outer Banks and rated as a top DJ on the east coast. Well it turns out John also knew the members of the Band Delta Rae from a broadcasters convention he attended and then later had play live on his broadcast when they played Nags Head in 2014 or 2015. Delta Rae is my brothers kids and my son and daughter's favorite cousins. The wedding was a smash and John really did bring it home. I think he would agree it was somewhat miraculous how rain was called for all day and it threatened but not a drop fell! Along with Currituck Barbecue this wedding was so fun and everyone had such a fun time watching a very sweet couple get married! I would do this again for my daughter's wedding in a heart beat! Thanks John you really helped make it such a special day! My wife was particularly touched by you call and comments a few days later.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 5/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Wish I could rate john higher than a 5 !!! We were so excited to have john as our DJ at our daughters wedding reception. Our family has heard john on the radio since we first visited nags head many years ago. And we felt honored to have " a real DJ" host the teception! John was so great to work with during all the planning- and the day of the wedding he had everyone up dancing & having the best time together ! I highly recommend john Harper ! He is the best!!

Profile Picture Beverly, 10/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

John did an amazing job at our reception! He knew exactly how to play to the audience and kept the guests entertained! People were constantly dancing and there was never a dull moment! He is a very nice, laid back guy who was available for any questions or modifications. I highly recommend using his services!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was very easy to work with. He set up early, stayed until the end, and was very respectful of our wishes (do not play list, etc). We loved the music and everything went off without a hitch despite very little oversight (no day of coordinator). I was more than satisfied with everything!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/9/15, 14 Reviews
Category: DJ

Simply Outstanding! John Harper was excellent. He listened to what we wanted and was able to adapt to an audience with both kids and adults who kept dancing all night! John definitely has a DJ voice- we were so pleased with him and his work.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/25/15, 7 Reviews