John Harper Reviews

John Harper 2
John Harper 3

Kimberly Genseal · Married on 10/13/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Having John Harper as our wedding DJ was an amazing experience! From our first phone conversation to danging the night away at our wedding, John was perfect and a joy to work with! He is incredibly personable and really got to know my husband and I as a couple. He asked us what music we like but also assured us that he likes to read the crowd which makes sure to get everyone danging! He was a hit with our guests, young and old alike! He was always available to talk if we had questions and he went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! Also, John worked great with our other vendors to make sure the night went off without a hitch! We hired John as our wedding DJ but we ended our wedding adventure considering him a friend. If you are looking for the best DJ for your wedding or event, definitely call John!!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Lacie

Lacie Madison · Married on 10/05/2019

great the whole night

John was so great to work with coming up to the wedding and also during the wedding. I gave him songs for the big moments and he came up with everything else for the night and did awesome. Highly recommend John if you need a DJ!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Nicole Gernert · Married on 08/24/2019

Excellent!

Even on his own birthday, he came and DJ’ed at my wedding! He was great the entire day/night. He took requests but more importantly he knew the songs the crowd would like. We did not have a wedding coordinator, so he was able to help direct the entire reception - from entry, to cake cutting, to first dances, etc. John also played our ceremony music! The best way to get in contact with him is via telephone but he will get back to your email within days. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/25/2020

Cathy Clark · Married on 05/20/2019

Highly recommend!

John was extremely helpful in planning for and conducting DJ services for our daughter’s wedding. She had to plan from long distance, and without a clear idea of what she and her fiancé wanted. John really listened and had terrific recommendations for music choices, and at the reception he really “read the room” perfectly as far as figuring out exactly what the crowd wanted to hear!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Meghan and Dave 10-20-2018

John Harper was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! From the first time I spoke with him on the phone, I knew he was the RIGHT DJ for our wedding. He is very personable and makes it all about the bride and groom. He does an amazing job reading a crowd and knowing what songs to play. The crowd danced all night long!!! So many people commented on how much they loved our dj and loved the music he played!! I highly recommend him for you special day!!!!

John Harper 4
    Sent on 12/12/2018

Lauren Fife · Married on 10/12/2018

So much fun!

John was so great! He was easy to talk to and helped guide us while planning for our wedding reception. We did not have everything planned out perfectly when the reception started but John just rolled with the punches and had our family out on the dance floor ten minutes after dinner. He knew the right songs to play at the right time and we were on the dance floor all night! He was the perfect person to help us celebrate our wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

John is the man!

John was super chill and a great addition to our team of super people. Easy to talk to, helpful and an excellent MC, really kept the night flowing. I would recommend adding a microphone for speeches in the future.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Abby · Married on 09/21/2018

Great Communication

John was great in communicating and organizing prior to and on our wedding day! He played music that was appropriate and fit for all ages, but also followed by our requests.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/27/2018

July 2018 Wedding

John is a wonderful DJ! He met with my husband, mom, and I about 4 months out from the wedding to get an idea of what we wanted. He was easily available via phone and email to send song suggestions to and special dances. My husband and I met with him again 2 days before the wedding to firm up details with the venue. He was able to set up and run the music for our beach ceremony, then have music ready for inside dinner, and then did our music outside for dancing. He read the crowd perfectly, playing songs just right for our party and dancing crowd. Our guests raved about how great the music was and how much fun the reception was because of it! We sang and danced the night away! John's personality is very laid back and he is easy to work with. He is a must-have DJ for an OBX wedding!

John Harper 5
    Sent on 01/19/2019

Rinae · Married on 06/01/2018

John knows how to read the crowd and keep the party going! I highly recommend his services!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/28/2017

We called John in a last minute bind and not only was he available, but he was able to give us the perfect music. We only gave him 2 weeks notice and he gave us a night to remember. We got married in October and even this thanksgiving we had family and friends tell us how much they enjoyed the weeding music. He played all their favorite songs! Thanks John we can't wait to have you DJ again. (Not a wedding this time, maybe just a party)

John Harper 6
    Sent on 12/11/2017
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/16/2017

John has the voice of someone on radio - wait, it's because he is on the radio! John is well versed in a classic wedding show. He understands the flow and handles the music transitions. If you're looking for honesty and ease, this guy will make your days easier and the big day the best!!!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

John was great! He read the crowd and played music that kept people on the dance floor. He didn't try to be the center of attention, he let the music keep the night going. John was easy to work with and helped us be stress free!

Sent on 09/23/2017

April · Married on 09/08/2017

John made our wedding fun and magical! He is absolutely by far the most amazing D.J. I have ever heard. He is professional, laid back, and kind!! He helped plan our wedding from 4 hours away! He even came mid week and talked things thru with us! If you don't use John you are missing out!! He is the the best at what he does! Thank you John!!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Rhonda · Married on 07/06/2017

John is so layed back!!! He was very quick to respond to my phone calls and believe it or not I hired him from 8 hrs away. I planned my entire wedding from home in hopes that everything would be perfect when I arrived to my wedding at the beach. Everything was a hit thanks to John and my other vendors. His play list kept everyone dancing the entire time! He is an absolute layed back professional! I was completely comfortable with him! I can not say enough good things!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Carina · Married on 07/04/2017

John was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding this past summer. He was super responsive and very flexible and helpful with everything we wanted. Even when we added a couple extra crazy things into the reception the week of the wedding. He met with us personally months before the wedding to get a feel for what we wanted and it worked out perfect. Everyone left our wedding happy! We would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Chelsea · Married on 07/03/2017

John was amazing! He knew exactly what to play for our wedding and all of our guests loved it. I never had to worry about the music, it was a perfect night! I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Jenni · Married on 06/10/2017

Very professional and generous. John is so easy to work with and eager to make your day special. John, I can't thank you enough to or express what a blast we all had! Jen & Jude Schroeder

Sent on 06/18/2017

Maggie · Married on 05/20/2017

John made our wedding so wonderful, and he kept everyone dancing.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Sherry · Married on 04/29/2017

John did a wonderful job djing our wedding reception! He was easy to work with and accommodated all of our song requests. All of our guests talked about what a great time they had dancing at the reception and how friendly John was! We would recommend John to anyone needing a disc jockey!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

David · Married on 11/20/2016

Put simply, John is as good as it gets. I had been to a number of weddings where John was the DJ, and I was always impressed by his ability to judge what would get people dancing, the way he helps the evening flow smoothly, and his absolute professionalism. So, when my daughter told us she was getting married, the first thing I did in preparation was to book John as the DJ. And in working with him, I was doubly impressed. If you are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, flexibility, and skill in making the event and the individual pieces of that event come together seamlessly, you have found the person you want.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Molly · Married on 11/20/2016

John was awesome! He was the first vendor we booked for our wedding as we wanted to make sure he was available for our date. He was extremely easy to work with and he even was willing to set up the music for our ceremony. Our reception was a blast thanks to John. He played a great mix of oldies and new music that kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire evening. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Susan · Married on 10/21/2016

John was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely flexible the day of our wedding. The weather called for 45+ mph winds and he developed several set-up options for us. Thankfully, the weather cooperated with us and we were able to set up outside. All of our guests had a blast, thanks to John! If you are getting married at Croatan RIdge, John is very familiar with this house.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Erin · Married on 10/15/2016

John is great! I think he called me more during the planning process than I called him, which I appreciated! He would call just to check in on the planning and help with suggestions. My favorite suggestion he gave us was to do the anniversary dance and give the longest married couple a little Outer banks Souvenir, which we thought was a great idea. He played the songs that we wanted as well as played songs to keep the party alive, let's just say I have never seen my Mom dance so much. John was an excellent addition to our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed working with him!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Lynne · Married on 10/01/2016

John is truly the best in the business! I have lived in the area for 40 years and everyone knows he is the one you want for your special occasion - without a doubt!

Sent on 12/26/2016