John Harper Reviews

John Harper 2
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Meghan and Dave 10-20-2018

John Harper was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! From the first time I spoke with him on the phone, I knew he was the RIGHT DJ for our wedding. He is very personable and makes it all about the bride and groom. He does an amazing job reading a crowd and knowing what songs to play. The crowd danced all night long!!! So many people commented on how much they loved our dj and loved the music he played!! I highly recommend him for you special day!!!!

John Harper 3

Lauren Fife · Married on 10/12/2018

So much fun!

John was so great! He was easy to talk to and helped guide us while planning for our wedding reception. We did not have everything planned out perfectly when the reception started but John just rolled with the punches and had our family out on the dance floor ten minutes after dinner. He knew the right songs to play at the right time and we were on the dance floor all night! He was the perfect person to help us celebrate our wedding.

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

John is the man!

John was super chill and a great addition to our team of super people. Easy to talk to, helpful and an excellent MC, really kept the night flowing. I would recommend adding a microphone for speeches in the future.

Abby · Married on 09/21/2018

Great Communication

John was great in communicating and organizing prior to and on our wedding day! He played music that was appropriate and fit for all ages, but also followed by our requests.

Rinae · Married on 06/01/2018

John knows how to read the crowd and keep the party going! I highly recommend his services!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/28/2017

We called John in a last minute bind and not only was he available, but he was able to give us the perfect music. We only gave him 2 weeks notice and he gave us a night to remember. We got married in October and even this thanksgiving we had family and friends tell us how much they enjoyed the weeding music. He played all their favorite songs! Thanks John we can't wait to have you DJ again. (Not a wedding this time, maybe just a party)

John Harper 4
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/16/2017

John has the voice of someone on radio - wait, it's because he is on the radio! John is well versed in a classic wedding show. He understands the flow and handles the music transitions. If you're looking for honesty and ease, this guy will make your days easier and the big day the best!!!

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

John was great! He read the crowd and played music that kept people on the dance floor. He didn't try to be the center of attention, he let the music keep the night going. John was easy to work with and helped us be stress free!

Rhonda · Married on 07/06/2017

John is so layed back!!! He was very quick to respond to my phone calls and believe it or not I hired him from 8 hrs away. I planned my entire wedding from home in hopes that everything would be perfect when I arrived to my wedding at the beach. Everything was a hit thanks to John and my other vendors. His play list kept everyone dancing the entire time! He is an absolute layed back professional! I was completely comfortable with him! I can not say enough good things!

Carina · Married on 07/04/2017

John was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding this past summer. He was super responsive and very flexible and helpful with everything we wanted. Even when we added a couple extra crazy things into the reception the week of the wedding. He met with us personally months before the wedding to get a feel for what we wanted and it worked out perfect. Everyone left our wedding happy! We would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Chelsea · Married on 07/03/2017

John was amazing! He knew exactly what to play for our wedding and all of our guests loved it. I never had to worry about the music, it was a perfect night! I would highly recommend him!

Jenni · Married on 06/10/2017

Very professional and generous. John is so easy to work with and eager to make your day special. John, I can't thank you enough to or express what a blast we all had! Jen & Jude Schroeder

Maggie · Married on 05/20/2017

John made our wedding so wonderful, and he kept everyone dancing.

Sherry · Married on 04/29/2017

John did a wonderful job djing our wedding reception! He was easy to work with and accommodated all of our song requests. All of our guests talked about what a great time they had dancing at the reception and how friendly John was! We would recommend John to anyone needing a disc jockey!!

David · Married on 11/20/2016

Put simply, John is as good as it gets. I had been to a number of weddings where John was the DJ, and I was always impressed by his ability to judge what would get people dancing, the way he helps the evening flow smoothly, and his absolute professionalism. So, when my daughter told us she was getting married, the first thing I did in preparation was to book John as the DJ. And in working with him, I was doubly impressed. If you are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, flexibility, and skill in making the event and the individual pieces of that event come together seamlessly, you have found the person you want.

Molly · Married on 11/20/2016

John was awesome! He was the first vendor we booked for our wedding as we wanted to make sure he was available for our date. He was extremely easy to work with and he even was willing to set up the music for our ceremony. Our reception was a blast thanks to John. He played a great mix of oldies and new music that kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire evening. Highly recommend!

Susan · Married on 10/21/2016

John was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely flexible the day of our wedding. The weather called for 45+ mph winds and he developed several set-up options for us. Thankfully, the weather cooperated with us and we were able to set up outside. All of our guests had a blast, thanks to John! If you are getting married at Croatan RIdge, John is very familiar with this house.

Erin · Married on 10/15/2016

John is great! I think he called me more during the planning process than I called him, which I appreciated! He would call just to check in on the planning and help with suggestions. My favorite suggestion he gave us was to do the anniversary dance and give the longest married couple a little Outer banks Souvenir, which we thought was a great idea. He played the songs that we wanted as well as played songs to keep the party alive, let's just say I have never seen my Mom dance so much. John was an excellent addition to our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed working with him!

Lynne · Married on 10/01/2016

John is truly the best in the business! I have lived in the area for 40 years and everyone knows he is the one you want for your special occasion - without a doubt!

Tana · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I were lucky enough to have John DJ our wedding. We live in Maryland and had our hearts set on getting married in the OBX; John was awesome from the start, always making time to meet with us on our random trips down. He played an excellent selection of jams that kept our guests on the dance floor all night. If you're looking for an awesome DJ with a vast knowledge of music and a chill personality, John is your guy.

Meghan · Married on 07/03/2016

Very easy going, great music and responsive to crowd. I'm from out of town and I only had to talk to him twice and everything turned out great! Was recommended and reasonably priced based on the area/availability of vendors.

Ryan · Married on 06/04/2016

We really enjoyed getting to know and work with John. He was the very first call we made in our search for our DJ and we never looked back. He is very knowledgeable about music and it was very apparent that music is his passion. He was always available to talk when questions came up and we leaned on his experience having worked hundreds (maybe even thousands) of events in OBX over his long career.

As for the wedding experience, he was crucial in figuring out the best mic to use (in OBX the wind can be very loud) and getting the sound just right for our attendees. He guided us through the reception portion like a true pro. Everyone danced the night away, both young and old...we all had a blast!

Many thanks to you John Harper!

Best,
    Ryan & Melanie

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/15/2016

We new we wanted to work with John after our first conversation with him for our May 15, 2016 wedding. He made the the process so easy for us. Our wedding was at an event home and John was familiar with the home so it made planning that much easier. At our reception John what music to play for our guests to keep everyone having fun and dancing. It truly was a blast. I'd use his services again and would recommend him to anyone.

Sydney · Married on 05/13/2016

John was worth every single penny we spent! It has been almost 3 months since our wedding and we still have our friends and family talking about how wonderful and entertaining our DJ was! I was fearful of our older guests not dancing and having an empty dance floor, but I was so happy to see everyone dancing the entire night! We provided John with a list of songs we definitely wanted him to play, which he played, and then he added in other songs and knew exactly what would keep everyone dancing. We also had him announce our wedding party and he had the perfect announcing voice! Before and during our wedding John was so easy to work with and so flexible with all of our requests. Thanks for making our night so much fun for all of our guests. We would recommend John to everyone getting married in the Outer Banks!