John Bartenhagen Photography Reviews

John Bartenhagen Photography 4
John Bartenhagen Photography 5

Sonia · Married on 10/14/2018

Fantastic!

John was awesome to work with. He made us feel comfortable and he was very responsive. We appreciated his professionalism and advice and our photos are gorgeous!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic!

John was amazing to work with!

John Bartenhagen Photography 6

Maggie · Married on 09/14/2018

John was a dream to have as my photographer. His team came to my getting ready location, church and separate reception site, arriving with a smile and ready to work. His attitude, direction and demeanor, and was amazing! I'm so glad we decided to hire John Bartenhagen Photography for our special day!

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2018

My fiancé and I did engagement photos with John. He was extremely fast at responding. He was great with thinking of locations for the pictures. We got our pictures back very fast and they came out amazing!

Sent on 06/15/2018

John Bartenhagen Photography's reply:

Your Engagement session was so much fun! I hope your wedding in Boston is absolutely amazing! Thanks!

Debra · Married on 08/25/2018

John is a brilliant photographer and the perfect person to have with you throughout your wedding day! He was wonderful with all the guests, took all requests, helped us know what to do and how to pose. The photos are beautiful pieces of art, we love them! I highly recommend John to anyone who wants timeless, artistic and beautiful pictures that will tell the story of your wedding.

Hope Jones · Married on 08/21/2018

Wonderful Photographer!

John was a wonderful photographer! I was referred to him by a friend and was absolutely WOWed. Attention to detail, humor, passion, the whole package. So glad I made the decision to book with him!

Veronica · Married on 08/12/2018

John was so easy to work with and was really on top of things. He was always in touch well in advance of the engagement shoot or the wedding day. He got a list of shots we wanted for the wedding and managed to get all of them. He was more than on time the day of the wedding and always had a great attitude. The pictures were amazing. I couldn't be happier with them. You can tell John loves what he does and takes a lot of pride in his product. We couldn't recommend him more.

John Bartenhagen Photography 7
    John Bartenhagen Photography 8
    John Bartenhagen Photography 9

Trisha · Married on 08/04/2018

We knew when we met John that we would chose him as our photographer. He was a perfect fit for us and our personalities and his photography speaks for itself. During our first meeting he showed us full galleries of his work. His use of light and capturing all candid moments really highlighted what we were looking for. He loves what he does and was completely excited about our wedding day. We highly recommend.

Cindy · Married on 06/16/2018

If you're looking for a photographer to capture your precious wedding moments, you've found him, John is genuine, thorough, and talented professional that we had the pleasure of working with. We received countless compliments on the photos from our engagement and wedding and are absolutely recommend him. We especially appreciated John’s attention to detail, consideration of our requests and genuine interest in our lives. , Thanks John, We loved working with you!

David · Married on 05/27/2018

John was an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

• Arthi

Arthi · Married on 04/15/2018

John Bartenhagen (and his assistant Elizabeth) were both great at finding good backdrops, settings and grouping people together at our wedding in Luray, VA. Many of the photos were snapped with perfect timing. Both were on time and ready during every phase of the event. John ensured a good flow of guests to conduct group photos, and ensured that everyone had a picture with the us at the event. John Bartenhagen Photography was also good at prioritizing photos outside the venue before it began to rain. JB Photography was proactive in ensuring the wedding party and guests were posed effectively for all of his photos. The quality of John Bartenhagen’s images were also great!

In addition, the engagement photo shoot at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, in Vienna, VA was also well executed. He had a good familiarity with the location, giving us advice on where the best places were for photos, while also being open to shooting at some ad hoc locations chosen by us to take pictures as well.

Our wedding and engagement photo turnaround was very quick and John didn’t mind editing photos further to the best of his ability per specifications we asked for. In fact, we had a relative pass away a couple weeks after the wedding which necessitated a short notice trip for my father (of the bride) overseas. I had asked John if I could have just a handful to send to my dad to show relatives overseas and he worked on the photos and had ALL the photos to us within a shorter time frame than I expected to get all the photos in, which was incredibly nice of him.

We recommend John for weddings, or any other events you may need a professional photographer for!

Kate · Married on 04/14/2018

John was a great photographer for us! He was easy to work with, got all the shots we wanted, and everything came out great. He also got us our photos less than two weeks after the wedding and was open to further edits if we wanted any.

Alex · Married on 11/12/2017

John is an amazing and talented photographer and we are so glad we asked him to photograph our wedding. We had not originally planned on doing an engagement photo shoot but we ended up really enjoying that it was a part of the package. It allowed us to practice posing, get to know John a little more, and the photos came out great! He gave us good advice for posing. It was the first time we had gotten professional photos taken as a couple and we will treasure them! On our wedding day John captured wonderful memories for us! He got everyone to relax and have fun taking the photos and captured amazing candid photos as well. Compared to other photographers John offers everything for a reasonable price. His assistant Elizabeth did a fantastic job as well we were so glad to have her work on our wedding as well. I can't stop looking at the photos! So so happy!

Katrina · Married on 10/15/2017

We are so happy we found John to photograph our wedding. He was very easy to work and accommodating to our needs and wants. I dislike having my picture taken, but John and his assistant helped me feel beautiful and relaxed on our special day. John provided our pictures very quickly, and the online photo gallery has been great for sharing and retrieving our pictures. Thank you again, John!

John Bartenhagen Photography 10

Elizabeth · Married on 07/15/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with John. The pictures were phenomenal!! I never knew a picture could carry so much emotion and evoke such feeling. The dedication John showed us surpassed any of our expectations. He made us feel like we were more than clients and was always available to speak with us. Thank you so much!!!

• Z

Z & H · Married on 06/25/2017

John was awesome! We met with a few photographers beforehand but John showed them all up with his professionalism and flexibility. On the day of the wedding he was not pushy or intrusive at all, but still got the shots that we wanted. We would definitely recommend John and his assistant Heather to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

• FutureMrs.Carroll

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

We loved working with John! He was wonderful. Not only did we get amazing photos, but he made the whole experience fun and comfortable!

Toni · Married on 06/18/2017

John was very pleasant to work with and skilled in arranging large group photos. Very pleased with our wedding photos!

Martha · Married on 06/17/2017

John was amazing; thoroughly professional and tireless in his pursuit of capturing the moments that made my wedding day special. Many of my guests, as well, have made a point of sharing how impressed they were with his dedication and work ethic. My wedding photos are stunning and I'm absolutely thrilled to have such beautiful memories of my perfect day!

Ryan · Married on 04/30/2017

John is great!! He has captured our wonderful lifetime moments beautifully. (engagement, weeding, maternity)
    He is so awesome to work with and makes you feel so comfortable that you forget you are posing for pictures. (which how he gets the great shots !)

Dina · Married on 04/15/2017

John was absolutely amazing to work with. He was very friendly and professional from the beginning to the very end. He was very comfortable to communicate with, and he understood and executed everything we had asked for. He was always very responsive and was also well organized and timely on the day of our wedding. His work is stunning and I could really tell that he has a passion for this job. I'm really pleased with his work and would definitely recommend him.

Kate · Married on 04/07/2017

From start to finish, John was phenomenal to work with. Our schedules were crazy and he was willing to come out to our house for our initial meeting. He then spent several hours outside in serious heat/humidity taking our engagement photos over labor day weekend, and dealt with all of my crazy anxiety/questions, etc... as the big day approached. John is a true professional that made us feel as comfortable as possible in front of the camera, while providing considerate feedback as to which poses did and did not work for us in our setting. Our engagement photos were returned within a week and were absolutely incredible. Our wedding was last week and we cannot wait to see what he has in store for us!!

Levi · Married on 11/19/2016

My wife and I were absolutely amazed with the quality of John's work! We couldn't be happier with the way the photos turned out. We're not sure how he did it, but John truly captured every single emotion and feeling throughout the whole wedding. Because of John, we don't just have the memories to remember, but also to look at forever. Every shot he took was just as beautiful as the day. He was professional, personable, and just an outstanding photographer. We couldn't be more pleased. John Bartenhagen Photography will never disappoint and we hardly had to wait to see the finished results. And when we did, we were blown away! We can't thank John enough for all he did for us and capturing every moment. Whenever someone was taking a picture he was right there with them, smiling and happy to be there. It's apparent John really loves his work and does everything in his power to make sure your special day is perfect!

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

John was AMAZING! He worked with us every step of the way, was so helpful and responsive, and was very conscious of our budget. He brought his own ideas as well as listened to the ideas that we had, and the result was the most beautiful variety of pictures we could have imagined. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!