John Bartenhagen Photography Reviews

John Bartenhagen Photography 4
John Bartenhagen Photography 5

Claudia · Married on 05/31/2019

Great photographer :)

We just got married on May 31st, 2019 and John really came through for us, in more ways than just taking photos (though I'm super excited to see those soon)! I wanted to take some time to point out what a great job he did to make sure things were running smoothly, well timed, and he even made sure me and my husband (!) were able to have some time to ourselves during all the events and before seeing all our guests post ceremony. He and his assistant were incredible and John was always easy to reach and responsive by phone as well. We really appreciated all our vendors who did such an exceptional job on our big day. It's a big day and you want to be able to rely and trust those taking part in it with you and I highly recommend John as a wedding photographer :)

Sent on 06/05/2019

Ellen Noble · Married on 05/04/2019

Highly recommend!!

John was the photographer for our wedding and did an absolutely incredible job. He and his assistant arrived early and gave the perfect amount of direction while taking couple shots. (Enough direction for some fun creative photos, but without ever making the experience feel stressful.) And throughout the wedding, John was there to take spontaneous group shots and - most important to us - lots of great candids.

After the wedding, John turned around the photos incredibly quickly and provided us with a TON of beautiful photos. We could not have been happier with them. John was fun, easy to work with, and very professional. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Hi Ellen,
    Your wedding was so much fun! Your family and friends were amazing. I still laugh when I think about your mom's dog escaping the dog sitter and triumphantly returning to your side after she was on her way to the car.
    -John
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2019

DC - Wedding Photos

John and his assistant were amazing. They were courteous and professional and at the same time just assertive enough to keep our group focused on the task at hand. The end products turned out phenomenal and we couldn’t be more happy.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Sarah White · Married on 01/19/2019

Great Experience

There just aren't words to describe how grateful I am to have had John as our wedding photographer. We entered the experience as strangers, I truly feel like we ended it as friends. His talent is undeniable, our wedding photos were incredibly beautiful and reflected our personality and the style of our wedding. We have relived that magic day through the images he captured. John is professional, proactive, pleasant, and reassuring. He's a pleasure to be around and a true talent. Book him if you can! Your photos, and wedding day, will be better for it.

Sent on 03/01/2019

John Bartenhagen Photography's reply:

Hi Sarah. Thanks for the review! Your wedding was absolutely amazing. You two rocked that first dance, everyone could see the love and fun that makes you two who you are.

Sonia · Married on 10/14/2018

Fantastic!

John was awesome to work with. He made us feel comfortable and he was very responsive. We appreciated his professionalism and advice and our photos are gorgeous!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic!

John was amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    John Bartenhagen Photography 6

Maggie · Married on 09/14/2018

John was a dream to have as my photographer. His team came to my getting ready location, church and separate reception site, arriving with a smile and ready to work. His attitude, direction and demeanor, and was amazing! I'm so glad we decided to hire John Bartenhagen Photography for our special day!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2018

My fiancé and I did engagement photos with John. He was extremely fast at responding. He was great with thinking of locations for the pictures. We got our pictures back very fast and they came out amazing!

Sent on 06/15/2018

John Bartenhagen Photography's reply:

Your Engagement session was so much fun! I hope your wedding in Boston is absolutely amazing! Thanks!

Debra · Married on 08/25/2018

John is a brilliant photographer and the perfect person to have with you throughout your wedding day! He was wonderful with all the guests, took all requests, helped us know what to do and how to pose. The photos are beautiful pieces of art, we love them! I highly recommend John to anyone who wants timeless, artistic and beautiful pictures that will tell the story of your wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Hope Jones · Married on 08/21/2018

Wonderful Photographer!

John was a wonderful photographer! I was referred to him by a friend and was absolutely WOWed. Attention to detail, humor, passion, the whole package. So glad I made the decision to book with him!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Veronica · Married on 08/12/2018

John was so easy to work with and was really on top of things. He was always in touch well in advance of the engagement shoot or the wedding day. He got a list of shots we wanted for the wedding and managed to get all of them. He was more than on time the day of the wedding and always had a great attitude. The pictures were amazing. I couldn't be happier with them. You can tell John loves what he does and takes a lot of pride in his product. We couldn't recommend him more.

Sent on 09/28/2018
    John Bartenhagen Photography 7
    John Bartenhagen Photography 8
    John Bartenhagen Photography 9

Trisha · Married on 08/04/2018

We knew when we met John that we would chose him as our photographer. He was a perfect fit for us and our personalities and his photography speaks for itself. During our first meeting he showed us full galleries of his work. His use of light and capturing all candid moments really highlighted what we were looking for. He loves what he does and was completely excited about our wedding day. We highly recommend.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Cindy · Married on 06/16/2018

If you're looking for a photographer to capture your precious wedding moments, you've found him, John is genuine, thorough, and talented professional that we had the pleasure of working with. We received countless compliments on the photos from our engagement and wedding and are absolutely recommend him. We especially appreciated John’s attention to detail, consideration of our requests and genuine interest in our lives. , Thanks John, We loved working with you!

Sent on 08/27/2018

David · Married on 05/27/2018

John was an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • Arthi

Arthi · Married on 04/15/2018

John Bartenhagen (and his assistant Elizabeth) were both great at finding good backdrops, settings and grouping people together at our wedding in Luray, VA. Many of the photos were snapped with perfect timing. Both were on time and ready during every phase of the event. John ensured a good flow of guests to conduct group photos, and ensured that everyone had a picture with the us at the event. John Bartenhagen Photography was also good at prioritizing photos outside the venue before it began to rain. JB Photography was proactive in ensuring the wedding party and guests were posed effectively for all of his photos. The quality of John Bartenhagen’s images were also great!

In addition, the engagement photo shoot at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, in Vienna, VA was also well executed. He had a good familiarity with the location, giving us advice on where the best places were for photos, while also being open to shooting at some ad hoc locations chosen by us to take pictures as well.

Our wedding and engagement photo turnaround was very quick and John didn’t mind editing photos further to the best of his ability per specifications we asked for. In fact, we had a relative pass away a couple weeks after the wedding which necessitated a short notice trip for my father (of the bride) overseas. I had asked John if I could have just a handful to send to my dad to show relatives overseas and he worked on the photos and had ALL the photos to us within a shorter time frame than I expected to get all the photos in, which was incredibly nice of him.

We recommend John for weddings, or any other events you may need a professional photographer for!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Kate · Married on 04/14/2018

John was a great photographer for us! He was easy to work with, got all the shots we wanted, and everything came out great. He also got us our photos less than two weeks after the wedding and was open to further edits if we wanted any.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Joshua · Married on 12/09/2017

John is excellent to work with. We received so much positive feedback from our guests and I would recommend him highly.

Sent on 01/31/2018

John Bartenhagen Photography's reply:

Thanks Josh! Your wedding was amazing! The snow was a bit cold but was absolutely beautiful.

Alex · Married on 11/12/2017

John is an amazing and talented photographer and we are so glad we asked him to photograph our wedding. We had not originally planned on doing an engagement photo shoot but we ended up really enjoying that it was a part of the package. It allowed us to practice posing, get to know John a little more, and the photos came out great! He gave us good advice for posing. It was the first time we had gotten professional photos taken as a couple and we will treasure them! On our wedding day John captured wonderful memories for us! He got everyone to relax and have fun taking the photos and captured amazing candid photos as well. Compared to other photographers John offers everything for a reasonable price. His assistant Elizabeth did a fantastic job as well we were so glad to have her work on our wedding as well. I can't stop looking at the photos! So so happy!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Katrina · Married on 10/15/2017

We are so happy we found John to photograph our wedding. He was very easy to work and accommodating to our needs and wants. I dislike having my picture taken, but John and his assistant helped me feel beautiful and relaxed on our special day. John provided our pictures very quickly, and the online photo gallery has been great for sharing and retrieving our pictures. Thank you again, John!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    John Bartenhagen Photography 10

Elizabeth · Married on 07/15/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with John. The pictures were phenomenal!! I never knew a picture could carry so much emotion and evoke such feeling. The dedication John showed us surpassed any of our expectations. He made us feel like we were more than clients and was always available to speak with us. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017
  • Z

Z & H · Married on 06/25/2017

John was awesome! We met with a few photographers beforehand but John showed them all up with his professionalism and flexibility. On the day of the wedding he was not pushy or intrusive at all, but still got the shots that we wanted. We would definitely recommend John and his assistant Heather to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • FutureMrs.Carroll

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

We loved working with John! He was wonderful. Not only did we get amazing photos, but he made the whole experience fun and comfortable!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Toni · Married on 06/18/2017

John was very pleasant to work with and skilled in arranging large group photos. Very pleased with our wedding photos!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Martha · Married on 06/17/2017

John was amazing; thoroughly professional and tireless in his pursuit of capturing the moments that made my wedding day special. Many of my guests, as well, have made a point of sharing how impressed they were with his dedication and work ethic. My wedding photos are stunning and I'm absolutely thrilled to have such beautiful memories of my perfect day!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Ryan · Married on 04/30/2017

John is great!! He has captured our wonderful lifetime moments beautifully. (engagement, weeding, maternity)
    He is so awesome to work with and makes you feel so comfortable that you forget you are posing for pictures. (which how he gets the great shots !)

Sent on 06/29/2017