Johanna Dye Photography Reviews

Johanna Dye Photography 7
  • Renee

Renee Mansell · Married on 03/23/2019

So glad I found you!

Johanna delivered exceptional work and service on every level. While my husband and I were originally pretty set on a courthouse wedding for the sake of simplicity, I accidentally stumbled upon her website- and I’m forever grateful that I did. Her elopement package was everything we were looking for- which made choosing her the easiest decision of them all.

Thank you for your incredible work Johanna, we’re going to treasure your photos forever!

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Johanna Dye Photography 16
    Johanna Dye Photography 17
    Johanna Dye Photography 18

Johanna Dye Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Renee! It was so wonderful to capture your wedding day and I am so grateful that I was able to not only give you a great experience but also wonderful photos!

• Clare

Clare · Married on 10/06/2018

Not just the best, the most fun, too!

When interviewing wedding vendors, I wanted to choose people who weren't just incredibly talented, but people we wanted around us on the most special day of our lives. Johanna was that person. I didn't get to meet her in person until months after we'd hired her, but just from talking to her, I knew she was going to be a perfect fit. She put up with my questions and completely understood my vision for our engagement session, which we wanted to do in the bar where we met. Again, having hired her without meeting, I was SO relieved. Getting those pictures back was one of the best parts of our engagement. Then came our wedding day. I was stressed and trying to keep everyone on track, and Johanna was the calm within my anxiety storm. She and her assistant were a welcome no-judgement zone for me and my husband the whole day. Most importantly, GUYS SHE IS SO STINKIN' TALENTED! I wanted those true to life pictures, ones of us being us, not just staged moments (and of course, those are the hardest to capture), but she did it and did it beautifully.

Sent on 02/28/2019
    Johanna Dye Photography 19
    Johanna Dye Photography 20
    Johanna Dye Photography 21
    Johanna Dye Photography 22
    Johanna Dye Photography 23

Johanna Dye Photography's reply:

Awwww that means the world to me! Thank you so many sweets, you, your wedding you and your entire family come to mean soo much to me!! It was so wonderful to be a part of your day and to get to know you and be embraced with so much warmth, joy, and laughs! I had SUCH a blast with yall! Thank you so much for choosing me!!

Paige · Married on 04/21/2018

She is amazing!

Johanna is a dream to work with! She’s very engaged with you throughout the whole process and makes you feel so comfortable. She shot my engagement and wedding photos and captured everything I ever envisioned. Highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Johanna Dye Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, Paige! You guys are a dream couple, and it was a pleasure to work with you! I had such a blast at your wedding; you guys were so kind, wonderful and amazing to work with! I am forever grateful I got to capture your wedding for you!

Meredith · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply put, Johanna is amazing! As a photographer, her work stands for itself as she captures moments so well. There are a ton of photographers out there with great work but Johanna's work ethic and personality sets her apart from the rest. It is so obvious the love she has with her work.

She's also great at giving you pointers with positions without sounding bossy. Being photographed by Johanna makes me feel super comfortable, which is odd for me since I typically hate being photographed! We had the joy of working with her for both our engagement pictures and our wedding, and I have a feeling this will be a continuous relationship as we grow as a couple and want to capture more memories.

One last note, I simply love the joy she gets when getting to take pictures of all the details and decorations. We booked an amazingly beautiful AirBnb to get ready in and she ran around the house so excited about all the places she could photograph things!

Go with Johanna, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired Johanna for our wedding in September and she was absolutely amazing to work with. We researched a lot of photographers and her work just stood out in a sea of wedding photographers. Not only does she efficiently get the shots she wants (and we did too!) but she does so in a way that made us so comfortable! Neither of us really enjoys having our photos taken, but it felt so easy with Johanna - and she managed to capture us in the way we hoped! From the posed shots to the candids, she captured our day in a way I really believe other photographers could not have. I’d book her immediately! Thanks, Johanna!

Sent on 10/02/2017