Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

97 | Torrance, CA

97 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

• Ann

Ann Dennis · Getting married on 04/24/2021

Point Vicente

Joey's team was really professional, creative, accommodative and funny at the same time. They were super familiar with great photo spots and times of the day in Point Vicente to achieve the highest quality pictures.
    We highly recommend Joey's team to couples who are looking for recording their special day in a special way.

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Angela

Angela Castilho · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Our Wedding Day

They are really great to work with and took such beautiful photos. We highly recommend!!!!

Brian and Angela Castilho

Sent on 10/11/2019

Lauren Fast · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Best Photographer in Socal!

My family has been using Joey’s photography services for generations (moms, aunties, and brother all hired Joey as their wedding photographer), and all of us recommend him to our friends/family who are getting married or are in need of a nice family portrait. He has done thousands of weddings and knows the flow and timeline of a wedding by heart, and helped give us an outline for our wedding during our planning session. He also put in a fun game during the wedding so that my husband and I could get all of our table photos in time (all table photos to be done in two songs), and our guests told us later that they thought it was a great idea! Joey knew how to make my husband and I feel (more) comfortable when we were displaying PDA in front of a camera, and he knew the poses that would make us look the best. We will cherish the photos from our wedding for a long time.

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Amelie

Amelie Dejoras · Married on 11/03/2019

Creative and Professional

Joey and his team are amazing and we can't thank them enough! They were wonderful to work with and made our wedding day go so smoothly. Much to our surprise Sam and Jonathan had quite a few tricks up their sleeves to keep my 11 month old son's attention for the photos as well! All the images they captured came out absolutely gorgeous and went above our expectations. We're so happy we chose them for our big day! Highly recommend this photography team!!!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Kate

Kate Toth · Married on 10/12/2019

The Best Decision

I feel as if I could write a novel-length thank you note for both Sam and Jeremy from Joey Ikemoto's team. They were an absolutely integral part of our wedding day and were like family by the end of the evening.

Several people - including a bridesmaid, my mother, and my newly minted mother-in-law - have taken professional-level photography classes (they're all actually quite good) so I had a fear that they would be stepping in to intervene and offer amateur opinions at various points. Within 30 minutes of Sam and Jeremy arriving, each of those three family members came up to me separately to say that they'd be leaving their cameras behind because both Sam and Jeremy anticipated key shots before the women in my family even had a moment to call it out. They didn't need any direction whatsoever - and they didn't miss a single thing. They were fun and creative on the fly yet showed utmost professionalism.

I haven't even seen the photos yet and I already know that they will be cherished for a lifetime based on the angles, the lighting, and the way that they posed Philip and me. We felt natural around them (well, that's a lie, they made us feel like movie stars) and have no doubt that will show in the finished product.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • I

Ivy Kwon · Married on 10/05/2019

Worth every penny!

Joey took our engagement photos, and it was a ton of fun. He kept the conversation going and made sure we felt comfortable throughout. On our wedding day, Sam and Jonathan captured all the beautiful moments of the ceremony and reception. They were not just photographers, they were also creative directors, and bouquet and bustle assistants. Throughout the entire project, our main administrative contact was Tracy. And he was amazing - he was very quick to reply and thorough in answering whatever questions we had. We love our photos and had a really hard time trying to limit our photos for the album. If we had to do it all over again, we’d still pick Joey Ikemoto Photography in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • PJ Buted

PJ Buted · Married on 09/28/2019

Joey Ikemoto is simply the best!

We chose Joey Ikemoto Photography for our wedding this past September. I remember coming across a photo taken at night in front of “The Glass Chapel” in Palos Verdes and thought, this is our photographer. Traci was very welcoming and kept us promptly informed of all our meetings. Sam was our photographer. He was very efficient and made sure to follow the lists of photos we really wanted. He honestly felt like our family member taking our photos, he made us feel comfortable and listened to what we really wanted. He was also very patient and accommodating when we wanted to switch things up last minute. Joey and his team are truly amazing. We received a preview of our photos and they are just stunning. Choosing the best photographer for our wedding was one of our top priorities and we definitely chose the best.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/21/2019

Professionals! Wonderful Wedding Photos!

Sam and Jonathan photographed my wedding at the Turnip Rose Promenade. I had seen photos from their previous work at that same venue and was happy with it. Decided to book them immediately. Looking at my wedding photos now, their work has exceeded my expectations. Every detail of the wedding was captured and the timeline went by so smoothly. They knew where to go and what to do. Sam went above and beyond. He even helped me bustle my dress!

They are true professionals and I am so lucky to have booked them for my wedding. I'll cherish the photos forever.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Derek

Derek Kuwahara · Married on 09/08/2019

Joey Ikemoto - Our Wedding

Joey and his team are not only some of the best photographers in California, they go above and beyond to make sure your day is special and literally helped save our wedding.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Joey my entire life as he took my first studio photo when I was only 1 year old. I knew without a doubt that when I got married, I would go to Joey first to see if he could shoot our wedding. Having had decades of familiarity with Joey’s professional work, warm personality, and photography experience, it was obvious who would be best suited to capture my wedding day and I was so internally grateful that he was available. However, little did I know how much my wife and I would end up relying on him and his team the day of our wedding.

Long story short, my wife and I had the challenging task of planning a large, 3-day wedding. To say it was stressful would be an understatement, as we struggled with coordinating and organizing multiple vendors, let alone family. However, Joey was one of the only vendors we knew we could trust without a doubt be timely, communicative, and responsible throughout the entire wedding process.

Even though I already knew Joey would do a fantastic job, he went beyond his duties essentially being prepared for anything leading up to and on the day of our wedding. He sat down with us months before our wedding day(s) to help coordinate our events and organize our shooting schedule to ensure we had the best locations and lighting. Joey ran through our visions and sample photos to meet our expectations and helped ensure we included all the important portraits with family and friends. Joey even drove all the way to Dana Point and scouted our venue days before our event to assess the best photo locations and daylight timing. It was this attention to detail that truly exemplifies Joey’s passion for photography and commitment to producing the best and most memorable wedding photos, as well as his years of experience.

Furthermore, Joey helped in nearly every time of crisis on the day of our big event. When something fell apart or needed to be cut/repaired, Joey was already prepared with a vast toolkit of emergency wedding supplies. When moments got stressful, Joey and his team were there to help calm us down and take a break from the situation. And when our wedding schedule got delayed and we lost daylight for our couple photos, Joey and his team were already prepared with alternative lighting and photo ideas and created some truly beautiful moments we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

My wife, family, and wedding party cannot provide a higher recommendation for Joey and his team as they were responsible, professional, and compassionate throughout every step of way. I cannot thank Joey enough for everything he did for us as he was truly the most reliable, prepared, and caring photographer I know, and we certainly look forward seeing him again when we use his services again in the future.

Thank you again for everything Joey, you are the best!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Edward

Edward · Married on 09/01/2019

Great, professional photographers

Sam and his assistant were excellent! They were very professional and captured all the right and best moments of our wedding. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for out of this world wedding photos and great memories! Thank you Sam, his assistant and Joey Ikemoto for an unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Kearl · Married on 08/24/2019

Worth every penny

I wish there was a rating higher than 5 stars because Joey and his team deserve more than just the best review. They were so incredibly professional and entertaining, qualities that you can rarely find in conjunction. Not only were they prepared for every possible situation, they worked with speed and smiles the entire time despite dehydration and sunburns. I am the first of my family to get married and the first of many of my friends and they all were absolutely start struck with Joey and his team, as well as the photos they produced. The quality in character and content that this team delivers is unmatchable. If I were to do it all again, I would make sure that booking Joey was my top priority!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Jennifer H · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Photographer (especially for Wayfarers Chapel)

Joey Ikemoto was the best photographer we could have asked for! He met with us about five months before our wedding to do our engagement shoot and help us plan our day. We got married at Wayfarers Chapel and had our reception at the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach, and because Joey knows the area (particularly the chapel) so well he helped us create a timeline of 15 minute increments that worked perfectly on our wedding day! Joey was our photographer, and his son Jonathan was his assistant. They were both so organized and personable, and Joey kept us laughing the whole day. The pictures turned out beautifully, and now we have the difficult task of figuring out which beautiful pictures to choose! I highly, highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography, especially if you're getting married at Wayfarers Chapel.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Leigh Green · Married on 07/27/2019

Creative and Professional

The team at Joey Ikemoto is extremely professional and friendly. Sam was a pleasure to have as a photographer, and many guests complimented on his cheerful attitude and efficient behavior. With his knowledge and experience at Wayfarer Chapel, poses, and lightening, I’m confident that the pictures will be something we will enjoy for our lifetime together. We highly recommend Sam, and Joey’s full team, and their expertise for your special day to remind you of your forever love.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Angelica

Angelica Jimenez · Married on 07/06/2019

Simply the best!

I am so glad that I selected Joey Ikemoto as my photographer! While I was having a Planning Meeting at Wayfarer’s Chapel, Joey was highly recommended, and I can see why! Once I was shown some photos of his work, I knew I had to ask him to capture my special day. He met with us to do our engagement shoot and help us plan a timeline for our special day. We got married at Wayfarers Chapel and had our reception at Le Foyer in North Hollywood. Joey knows the chapel so well, that he created a very specific timeline that worked perfectly on our wedding day (photos of us getting ready, at the ceremony site, photos of us at the park and beach, and reception)! Joey was so organized, and kept me laughing the whole day. He even got a smile out of my husband (which is rare, so I’m glad he photographed it)! All of the photographs came out beautifully. I highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • CANDICE

Candice Dye · Married on 06/25/2019

Joey is amazing!

Joey came highly recommended. Joey did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. Between the 2 sessions he took over 2,000 pictures. He is super fun and was always making us laugh to get a genuine smile. HE DID AN AMAZING JOB. He makes it difficult to decide which pictures to purchase because they are ALL really good. I would definitely recommend using Joey.

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Erica

Erica Sigman · Married on 06/20/2019

Flawless wedding photo experience

Joey was amazing! The day of our wedding, he was so organized and able to direct everyone efficiently. The images came out incredible and it was more than we could have ever asked for. His entire staff is a pleasure and easy to work with and made the entire process stress-free! Will definitely use Joey and staff again for any professional photo needs.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Davin Blekeberg · Married on 06/04/2019

High quality, friendly, and professional photographer

My wife and I used Joey Ikemoto Photography for our wedding at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center in Palos Verdes on April 6, 2019. Some of our friends used Joey as their photographer a few years earlier and the photos were great so we felt good about moving forward without shopping around.

We met with Joey one month before the wedding and he helped establish a timeline for our wedding day. The meeting was very fun and Joey is great to work with. He helped to suggest a location for our "first look" shots as well as an area to get beach background shots.

Sam was our photographer for the wedding. We started out at a nearby hotel and then did some lovely beach shots before heading over to the venue. Sam was very friendly and professional. I personally am not one for taking a lot of photos and Sam was always good about making sure things ran efficiently and kept things moving in a positive way. He helped select my tie color that would work best for the photos and was always willing to step in and help any way he could. Thank you to Jeremy as well who assisted Sam and delivered the same friendly and professional services.

We got really lucky with the weather during our event and Sam made sure to capitalize on the ocean views and sunset. Sam was able to get several candid shots in addition the traditional more posed photos. He captured several great shots of us, our friends and family, and the venue. It was a beautiful day and a fun event, we're so happy Sam was there to document the day. The photos have turned out wonderful and we are very happy with Joey Ikemoto Photography. We would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Okawachi · Married on 05/04/2019

The photographer you NEED on your wedding day!

Joey Ikemoto Photography captured moments throughout our wedding that we will be able to cherish for years to come. His creative and fun nature allowed for unique one of a kind photos. My husband and I knew we were in good hands after our first meeting with him and his staff. They walked us through their different packages and were very responsive to emails. Joey also provided us with a "wedding day" timeline which was extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. We are so glad we chose Joey Ikemoto Photography and hope to work with him again in the future.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Decision We Made!!!

Wedding planning is stressful and confusing at times but after my husband and I met with Joey and his team I instantly felt relief! We knew we were in the best hands, he made us feel comfortable and we knew if nothing else went right that day that at least we would have beautiful photos! We were married at Wayfarer's Chapel and we wanted a photographer who knew how to capture the beauty and the light there. Our planning session before the wedding completely put our minds at ease. Our photographer was Sam and he and Joey went through every minute of our ceremony with us, not a detail was left out. On our wedding day Sam and his assistants were beyond professional, so nice and complimentary and very fun and easygoing, we loved working with them. We adore our photos and I cannot imagine having better photographers. Save yourself the stress and just let Joey and his team photograph your wedding, they will make it perfect! Here are some of our photos: http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-palos-verdes-and-bluewater-grill-redondo-beach-wedding-sean-christine/

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • jessica

jessica · Married on 04/19/2019

One of the BEST decisions we made during wedding planning ...

Choosing Joey as our Photographer was one of the best decisions we could have made. Not only did he capture all the candid shots I wanted, he also encouraged me to create and share a Pinterest board of moments I wanted to capture with him before the big day ( i.e. The first time my husband saw me walking down the aisle, ) so that it was clear what shots were important to us.
    The day was planned in 15 minute increments by Joey ahead of time which made it easy for me to share “the schedule” with the rest of my vendors. While I thought this was excessive (even with my “type A” personality) this was the BEST thing that we could have done because I did not have to worry about people not knowing what to do / where to be and could truly be in the moment .
    Joey knows exactly when to step in and give good advice to get the photos you want while still somehow fading into the background, which made me forget sometimes that he was even there! He also worked VERY well with our videographers and they were able to coordinate some one-on-one time and not get in the way of each other.
    Joey is BEYOND talented and worth every penny. Very Professional – great personality to be around on one of the happiest days of your life – and captures exceptional photos so you can relive the day over and over forever.

Check out his blog post on our wedding to see some of our photos : http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-and-los-verdes-golf-course-palos-verdes-wedding-dean-jessica/

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • David

David Schaffner · Married on 04/11/2019

Talent Galore

I want to personally think Joey for his excellent work. Selecting Wayfarers Chapel for a dusk wedding poses photographic challenges that require unique know-how. Having reviewed several photographer portfolios, Joey Ikemoto’s work stood out, especially regarding his artistic proficiency in low light settings. …not to mention his familiarity with every facet and nuance at Wayfarers facility.
    Joey’s team was kind, proficient, patient and helpful. You don’t get a “do-over” when it comes to capturing a special event like a wedding. I’m glad I chose Joey Ikemoto Photography… you will be too!
    David & Peter

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie Blase · Married on 04/05/2019

Awesome!!!!

Wonderful photographer & crew!

We started in studio for our engagement photo shoot & knew we loved Joey right from the start!
    He’s super funny, and helps you relax.
    He’s always welcome punctual and knows the local areas well.
    Superb job, highly recommended!
    Thank you!
    Stef & Brian

Sent on 08/03/2019

Kevin Kirkpatrick · Married on 01/20/2019

I've chosen your photographer for you

If my words can influence a decision about choosing a photographer at all, please know that it's likely impossible to choose anyone more professional, courteous, inspirational and artistic than Joey.

He used his wacky humor, endless charm and boundless love for his life's calling to invite my now wife and me into the greatest pictures we've ever taken.

We were naturally intrigued by the photos of his works available to be viewed, but upon meeting him, we felt instantly at peace. There's zero reason to even do any comparison.

He made my wife feel more beautiful than she ever has in our wedding day photos, allowing her to feel deeply at ease with what could sometimes be a stressful day. I've never felt more confident in a photograph looking as good as it possibly could.

Throughout our wedding planning, we were told multiple times by different people involved in the process that when they heard we chose Joey, they said they had done the same and it was perfect for them.

Joey had our day measured down to 15-minute increments, squeezing every photographable (it's my word, dammit) moment into his camera. Even his assistants marveled at some of the compositions he selected.

We could not have wanted better photographs, and the greatest day of our lives will forever live on because Joey Ikemoto existed. If you've ever found yourself to put even a modicum of trust in a stranger on the internet, take this advice and hire Joey. The word "regret" will no longer be in your lexicon.

Sent on 02/16/2019
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing Photographer!

I was thrilled with Joey Ikemoto photography. From our first meeting through receiving the preview of our photos. Sam was AMAZING! He has a great eye for photography. His personality really got everyone laughing and made it so that the photos seemed natural and less posed, which I love! He got some beautiful candid shots that transported me back to that day and stirred all of the emotions I felt. I highly recommend using them! They exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • W

whitley · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding Photography

I was honestly thrilled with the work Joey Ikemoto did at my wedding. My husband and I were married at Wayfarers Chapel and Joey took some of the loveliest wedding photos I have ever seen. I have received so many compliments from friends and family regarding Joey’s work. He has a definite knack for putting everyone at ease on the big day and his artistic choices are spot on. Joey and his staff are punctual and extremely professional. We could not be more pleased and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for fabulous wedding photos!

Sent on 01/23/2019