Joey Ikemoto Photography Reviews

112 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography

• Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 11/12/2021

Brought real

We hired Joey to shoot our wedding and could not be happier. He has decades of experience and it shows everywhere (except on his face and in the energy he brings to the job). He was a great asset to the planning of the day and brought an artistic spontaneity to the photos. I would definitely hire him again.

Sent on 12/23/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah H. · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Worth Every Penny!

This was one of the best decisions we made. In addition to taking the most beautiful photos, he also put my (now) husband and I at ease during the engagement shoot and during the wedding shoot - and taking couples photos was not something we were used to doing. Working with him was so easy and he literally printed the wedding photo samples I had on pinterest and used them for reference on the day of the wedding. The only advise I would give is to know the kind of shots you want taken so you can discuss them in the prep meeting. So Amazing!!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • Ann

Ann D. · Married on 04/24/2021

Point Vicente

Joey's team was really professional, creative, accommodative and funny at the same time. They were super familiar with great photo spots and times of the day in Point Vicente to achieve the highest quality pictures.
    We highly recommend Joey's team to couples who are looking for recording their special day in a special way.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Annie C. · Married on 02/20/2021

Amazing !!

Would highly recommend Joey and his team for any photography needs. From the first inquiry to the wedding day itself, everyone was very responsive, organized, supportive and exceeded all expectations. I always hate all pictures of myself and would much rather be behind the camera, but thanks to Joey and his team I now have so many pictures from the engagement and wedding that I actually LOVE and that is the by far the best testament I can give to the talent and expertise.

Sent on 03/03/2021

Jhayrieson · Married on 12/30/2020

Beautiful pictures

Getting married can be very stressful given all of the planning, including choosing the right photographer for our wedding. They're were too many to choose from. We just wanted someone whose well known for their work. While we were at a meeting at our wedding planners office there were many pictures on display of prior wedding ceremonies and a few particular pictures stood out and caught my wife's eye. She wanted to know who took the photos and our wedding planner mentioned Joey from Joey Ikemoto Photography, and that he had come highly recommended by many. She also mentioned that he frequents taking wedding pictures at Wayfarers so hes familiar with the landscape and knows all the ideal places to take great pictures. My wife and I knew right then we had to have him shoot our wedding. We hired him and had no regrets. During the times we interacted with Joey he was funny, well organized, and very professional. We definitely would like to thank Joey and his son for the wonderful pictures they took of our wedding. They came out perfect. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for making our special day memorable with your presence and the gorgeous pictures you took on our wedding.

Sent on 04/27/2020
  • Matt

Matt R. · Married on 12/12/2020

Joey is awesome!

Simply put, Joey, Tracy, and the whole team are amazing. My wife and I could not be happier with the results of Joey's photographs from our recent wedding at Wayfarer's Chapel. With our whole engagement/wedding occurring during Covid, Joey and Tracy could not have been more awesome and accommodating. Not only are they personable and friendly, but their work is top notch. They are always available, respond promptly to e-mails and phone calls, and the end product speaks for itself.

As for our wedding day, Joey is hilarious and had everyone comfortable and smiling in front of the camera, which shows in the photographs. We cannot wait to get our photo album and framed photos, and we will cherish the work Joey did for the rest of our lives. I cannot recommend Joey and his team more highly!

Sent on 01/02/2021

Carolyn · Married on 11/21/2020

Gorgeous photos

Joey Ikemoto came highly recommended for our daughter’s wedding by the reception hotel, and his online portfolio photos confirmed the excellence of his studio. But we were most impressed when we met with Joey in person, and found him to be warm, down to earth, and blessed with a great sense of humor. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding, he was very helpful - his timeline suggestions made it easy to plan the wedding day events - and he and his staff, especially Tracy, were always responsive to questions and concerns. When COVID restrictions resulted in churches being closed, our daughter had no choice but to postpone her wedding. Joey put us at ease, and worked with us patiently through all of the constantly changing restrictions, including the need to move both the church ceremony and reception outdoors. Meanwhile, Joey worked with our daughter and son-in-law to put together an engagement photo session, and the resulting photos are just gorgeous. We were impressed with Joey’s artistry, and his ability to capture the couple at their best. It was difficult to choose our favorite photos from the gallery - they were all so beautiful. On the day of the wedding, Sam was our photographer. He was amazing. Throughout the entire day, he and his assistant Jeremy were constantly active, yet not intrusive. They even helped with putting on corsages and boutonnières! They were masters at getting candid shots without the subjects being self-conscious. They made sure to capture the moments that were most important to us, and did it with beauty and artistry. They were very creative in making the best use of the locations. The resulting photos are stunning! They were also fun to be around, and we received compliments from the wedding party, family, and guests. We are grateful to Joey, Sam, Jeremy, and Tracy for going above and beyond in capturing our daughter’s wedding under difficult conditions.

Sent on 12/22/2020

Kathryn G. · Married on 11/21/2020

Wonderful!

Joey Ikemoto’s team did a phenomenal job when photographing our November wedding. Even during COVID, the team made sure to stay connected and work with us when we had to change our wedding date due to closures in June. When the wedding day arrived, Sam and his assistant, Jeremy, did a wonderful job taking natural photos, and making sure everyone was comfortable with their lively and jovial demeanor. Many people, including us, were not entirely familiar with how to stand or act during photo shoots or candid shots. However, many commented how they felt comfortable and happy when being photographed. They were very thorough, and took photos of everything we asked for without any hesitation. Even when it was a more difficult object or scenario to photograph, they worked hard to be successful, and always had smiles on their faces. We would highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography for anyone looking to greatly enhance their wedding experience. They will surely make your wedding planning and wedding day less stressful, and you and your family will be very happy when looking over their beautiful work.

Sent on 01/22/2021

Joseph · Married on 10/24/2020

Gorgeous photos for a unique occasion

The whole process was made easy by Joey Ikemoto Photography! He and his team met with us to walk through a “day of” schedule, our engagement shoot, and even how to put together the album after our wedding day. The whole team was kind, compassionate, and patient with our numerous questions and ever-changing plans due to the pandemic. They were always punctual, professional, and had wonderful recommendations regarding photo locations, poses, and provided us with many different photos to commemorate our special day. Thanks to Joey’s suggestion, we ended up taking our couples’ portraits at a gorgeous ocean bluff nearby and now have the most amazing photos to remember our wedding by. We are happy to have found this team and will be using them in the future whenever we need photographers to capture special moments.

Sent on 03/05/2021
  • Lee

Lee A. · Married on 10/11/2020

Amazing Photographer!!!!

My husband and I both knew how important it is to have stunning photography to capture a wedding. Therefore, we chose the talented Joey Ikemoto to photograph our wedding & reception because his photos are AMAZING! Joey was extremely flexible in working with us through COVID restrictions. Plus, he was extremely professional, personable, and kept the jokes flowing which put everyone at ease in front of the camera. You can’t go wrong with Joey and his team. We are beyond happy!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Elisabeth W. · Married on 08/29/2020

Best. Wedding. Photographer. Ever.

Joey, Sam, Kevin, and Tracy are amazing and wonderful to work with! Sam and Kevin photographed my wedding, but Joey, who is the owner of the studio, was directly involved every step of the way. Tracy heads up the office and made the whole process – booking, contacts, billing, etc.- easy and seamless from start to finish.

We’d initially planned a big wedding with a formal ceremony and reception, but had to change the date and then to a small private ceremony and no reception due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Joey and his team were especially accommodating with all the changes we had to make.

At our wedding Sam and Kevin made sure to get all the photos of the ceremony, the family/friends photos, and fun photos, but they also took some beautiful art photos that look like they belong in magazines! Looking at my wedding photos now, their work exceeded all my expectations! My husband and I will cherish these photos always.

Please know that the few words written here really don’t do justice to what’s it’s like to work with this photography studio. They really are terrific and they really know what they are doing. For anyone reading this who is looking for a great (not good, but great) photographer, you can't go wrong with Joey Ikemoto Photography. I can't recommend Joey and his team enough! I am so lucky to have booked them for my wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Angela

Angela C. · Married on 05/08/2020

Our Wedding Day

They are really great to work with and took such beautiful photos. We highly recommend!!!!

Brian and Angela Castilho

Sent on 10/11/2019

Lauren F. · Married on 04/01/2020

Best Photographer in Socal!

My family has been using Joey’s photography services for generations (moms, aunties, and brother all hired Joey as their wedding photographer), and all of us recommend him to our friends/family who are getting married or are in need of a nice family portrait. He has done thousands of weddings and knows the flow and timeline of a wedding by heart, and helped give us an outline for our wedding during our planning session. He also put in a fun game during the wedding so that my husband and I could get all of our table photos in time (all table photos to be done in two songs), and our guests told us later that they thought it was a great idea! Joey knew how to make my husband and I feel (more) comfortable when we were displaying PDA in front of a camera, and he knew the poses that would make us look the best. We will cherish the photos from our wedding for a long time.

Sent on 02/08/2020

Sarah C. · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing Photographer and Photos

Joey and his team were amazing!! We met up with him before the wedding to go through the entire wedding timeline, what were important shots we needed to get and any important moments they should not miss. On the day of, we stuck to that schedule and he also helped out for a lot of little moments, such as bustling my dress!! The final photos were wonderful, and captured all the moments we talked about and more. We can’t wait to design our album and we highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany L. · Married on 02/29/2020

Organized and professional

Joey and his team are very organized and professional. He went above and beyond on the day of the wedding to get all the shots we requested. He was great with the little kids as well. The bubbles were a great touch.

Sent on 04/09/2020

Brad W. · Married on 02/22/2020

No worries

Joey took all the guess work out of our planning process as well as our photography. Photos are great of course but he also put us at ease and helped us manage the entire day. The best!

Sent on 08/09/2020
  • Amelie

Amelie D. · Married on 11/03/2019

Creative and Professional

Joey and his team are amazing and we can't thank them enough! They were wonderful to work with and made our wedding day go so smoothly. Much to our surprise Sam and Jonathan had quite a few tricks up their sleeves to keep my 11 month old son's attention for the photos as well! All the images they captured came out absolutely gorgeous and went above our expectations. We're so happy we chose them for our big day! Highly recommend this photography team!!!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Kate

Kate T. · Married on 10/12/2019

The Best Decision

I feel as if I could write a novel-length thank you note for both Sam and Jeremy from Joey Ikemoto's team. They were an absolutely integral part of our wedding day and were like family by the end of the evening.

Several people - including a bridesmaid, my mother, and my newly minted mother-in-law - have taken professional-level photography classes (they're all actually quite good) so I had a fear that they would be stepping in to intervene and offer amateur opinions at various points. Within 30 minutes of Sam and Jeremy arriving, each of those three family members came up to me separately to say that they'd be leaving their cameras behind because both Sam and Jeremy anticipated key shots before the women in my family even had a moment to call it out. They didn't need any direction whatsoever - and they didn't miss a single thing. They were fun and creative on the fly yet showed utmost professionalism.

I haven't even seen the photos yet and I already know that they will be cherished for a lifetime based on the angles, the lighting, and the way that they posed Philip and me. We felt natural around them (well, that's a lie, they made us feel like movie stars) and have no doubt that will show in the finished product.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • I

Ivy K. · Married on 10/05/2019

Worth every penny!

Joey took our engagement photos, and it was a ton of fun. He kept the conversation going and made sure we felt comfortable throughout. On our wedding day, Sam and Jonathan captured all the beautiful moments of the ceremony and reception. They were not just photographers, they were also creative directors, and bouquet and bustle assistants. Throughout the entire project, our main administrative contact was Tracy. And he was amazing - he was very quick to reply and thorough in answering whatever questions we had. We love our photos and had a really hard time trying to limit our photos for the album. If we had to do it all over again, we’d still pick Joey Ikemoto Photography in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • PJ Buted

Pj Buted · Married on 09/28/2019

Joey Ikemoto is simply the best!

We chose Joey Ikemoto Photography for our wedding this past September. I remember coming across a photo taken at night in front of “The Glass Chapel” in Palos Verdes and thought, this is our photographer. Traci was very welcoming and kept us promptly informed of all our meetings. Sam was our photographer. He was very efficient and made sure to follow the lists of photos we really wanted. He honestly felt like our family member taking our photos, he made us feel comfortable and listened to what we really wanted. He was also very patient and accommodating when we wanted to switch things up last minute. Joey and his team are truly amazing. We received a preview of our photos and they are just stunning. Choosing the best photographer for our wedding was one of our top priorities and we definitely chose the best.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/21/2019

Professionals! Wonderful Wedding Photos!

Sam and Jonathan photographed my wedding at the Turnip Rose Promenade. I had seen photos from their previous work at that same venue and was happy with it. Decided to book them immediately. Looking at my wedding photos now, their work has exceeded my expectations. Every detail of the wedding was captured and the timeline went by so smoothly. They knew where to go and what to do. Sam went above and beyond. He even helped me bustle my dress!

They are true professionals and I am so lucky to have booked them for my wedding. I'll cherish the photos forever.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Derek

Derek K. · Married on 09/08/2019

Joey Ikemoto - Our Wedding

Joey and his team are not only some of the best photographers in California, they go above and beyond to make sure your day is special and literally helped save our wedding.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Joey my entire life as he took my first studio photo when I was only 1 year old. I knew without a doubt that when I got married, I would go to Joey first to see if he could shoot our wedding. Having had decades of familiarity with Joey’s professional work, warm personality, and photography experience, it was obvious who would be best suited to capture my wedding day and I was so internally grateful that he was available. However, little did I know how much my wife and I would end up relying on him and his team the day of our wedding.

Long story short, my wife and I had the challenging task of planning a large, 3-day wedding. To say it was stressful would be an understatement, as we struggled with coordinating and organizing multiple vendors, let alone family. However, Joey was one of the only vendors we knew we could trust without a doubt be timely, communicative, and responsible throughout the entire wedding process.

Even though I already knew Joey would do a fantastic job, he went beyond his duties essentially being prepared for anything leading up to and on the day of our wedding. He sat down with us months before our wedding day(s) to help coordinate our events and organize our shooting schedule to ensure we had the best locations and lighting. Joey ran through our visions and sample photos to meet our expectations and helped ensure we included all the important portraits with family and friends. Joey even drove all the way to Dana Point and scouted our venue days before our event to assess the best photo locations and daylight timing. It was this attention to detail that truly exemplifies Joey’s passion for photography and commitment to producing the best and most memorable wedding photos, as well as his years of experience.

Furthermore, Joey helped in nearly every time of crisis on the day of our big event. When something fell apart or needed to be cut/repaired, Joey was already prepared with a vast toolkit of emergency wedding supplies. When moments got stressful, Joey and his team were there to help calm us down and take a break from the situation. And when our wedding schedule got delayed and we lost daylight for our couple photos, Joey and his team were already prepared with alternative lighting and photo ideas and created some truly beautiful moments we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

My wife, family, and wedding party cannot provide a higher recommendation for Joey and his team as they were responsible, professional, and compassionate throughout every step of way. I cannot thank Joey enough for everything he did for us as he was truly the most reliable, prepared, and caring photographer I know, and we certainly look forward seeing him again when we use his services again in the future.

Thank you again for everything Joey, you are the best!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Edward

Edward · Married on 09/01/2019

Great, professional photographers

Sam and his assistant were excellent! They were very professional and captured all the right and best moments of our wedding. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for out of this world wedding photos and great memories! Thank you Sam, his assistant and Joey Ikemoto for an unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis K. · Married on 08/24/2019

Worth every penny

I wish there was a rating higher than 5 stars because Joey and his team deserve more than just the best review. They were so incredibly professional and entertaining, qualities that you can rarely find in conjunction. Not only were they prepared for every possible situation, they worked with speed and smiles the entire time despite dehydration and sunburns. I am the first of my family to get married and the first of many of my friends and they all were absolutely start struck with Joey and his team, as well as the photos they produced. The quality in character and content that this team delivers is unmatchable. If I were to do it all again, I would make sure that booking Joey was my top priority!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Photographer (especially for Wayfarers Chapel)

Joey Ikemoto was the best photographer we could have asked for! He met with us about five months before our wedding to do our engagement shoot and help us plan our day. We got married at Wayfarers Chapel and had our reception at the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach, and because Joey knows the area (particularly the chapel) so well he helped us create a timeline of 15 minute increments that worked perfectly on our wedding day! Joey was our photographer, and his son Jonathan was his assistant. They were both so organized and personable, and Joey kept us laughing the whole day. The pictures turned out beautifully, and now we have the difficult task of figuring out which beautiful pictures to choose! I highly, highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography, especially if you're getting married at Wayfarers Chapel.

Sent on 10/12/2019