Joey Ikemoto Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Natalia M. Married on 04/09/2022

Excellent!!!!

Joey is the best! Joey and his team are extremely professional and fun, they really guided us through the picture taking process and customized it to the location and time of year/day. Worked seamlessly with both venues for the ceremony and reception as well as the DJ and reception staff. Selecting Joey was one of our best decisions for our wedding planning.
  • Araceli
    Araceli R. Married on 03/25/2022

Amazing Photographer!

I found out about Joey through my venue. My husband and I met with several photographers and Joey was the one that we felt the most comfortable with. My husband does not like taking pictures! Joey got him to smile and relax during our engagement pictures. When our wedding came around my husband felt comfortable being around him and the camera. He was professional and fun! He did an amazing job with my little nephews and our flower girl. He engaged with all of our guests and made them feel comfortable in front of the camera. My guests are still talking about Joey and our beautiful pictures. Tracy was super helpful throughout the process and was easy to communicate with. I highly recommend booking him and his team!
  • F
    Faith T. Married on 01/06/2022

Best decision we made for our wedding

Joey Ikemoto and his team are some of the best photographers in Southern California. From our first conversation to the day of our wedding, Joey was personable, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Not only is he an incredible photographer and artist--he also helped us schedule out our wedding day so that we could get beautiful photo opportunities at different locations without an ounce of stress.
    Joey made our wedding day run smoothly and provided us memories of our day that could only be produced by a true artist. Friends and family, myself and my husband are all aghast at the sheer beauty of our wedding photos. You absolutely cannot go wrong by commissioning Joey Ikemoto photography to shoot your big day. He is the best that the business has to offer.
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella L. Married on 12/19/2021

Wonderful Experience!

Joey did a wonderful job at our wedding. He kept the mood light so we felt relaxed on our big day and did a great job at interacting with us and our guests. The photographs turned out amazing and some look like they are from a fairy tale. He has a great understanding of what looks good for a photograph. We would absolutely recommend!
  • Kevin
    Kevin J. Married on 11/20/2021

Absolutely Amazing!!

We absolutely loved having Joey as our photographer for the wedding.
    The wedding packages are simple and easy to understand. You can pick and choose your own photos and albums you want for the package instead of getting only fixed prints. And everyone in this studio is so friendly and they communicate with you through the whole process.
    We had Joey as our photographer and he always has the most positive energy, and he was always making us laugh during the photos. He kept everything organized and provided a breakdown of the schedule of what pictures will be taken and when. We loved that because the time frame helped keep everyone around us organized and on track with what else needs to be done and by when.
    He also lets you request specific pictures you want, such as Kevin (the groom) wanted a photo of him and all his siblings while I (Cindy - the bride) wanted a photo with all the little nephews and one with the crowd I had grown up with. This is a little detail I love because not all the groom’s siblings and my little nephews live in the area or even the state, and the crowd I grew up with I do not get to see as often because they have all moved, so getting photos with them was extremely important to both of us.
    On the day of the wedding, he came in a 2-man team. It was him (Joey) and another one of his associates named Kevin (funny watching both the groom and a photographer answer when you called out the name Kevin). They arrived early and we loved the energy they came in with. They came prepared for everything that day. They were able to keep my nephews smiling for all their photos with bubbles and great energy and tools just in case anything broke, and they were able to fix something that went wrong with my necklace.
    To add to this is Kevin (The groom) and myself have never really taken professional photos, but he kept us laughing and relaxed and was able to ease the nerves, so the photos felt more natural rather than a forced pose.
    I absolutely love that they talk to you too while taking the photos. There was absolutely no silence or awkward pauses. All the photos they were giving you ways to move and talking to you, like actual conversation. And they are so nice giving compliments the entire time.
    We got the preview of the wedding day pictures a little bit ago and they look AMAZING!!! We could not be happier with the way the pictures came out. He and his team captured some of the best moments and the pictures came out beautiful.
    Everything from the engagement shoot to the day of the wedding was beyond perfect. We cannot say enough positive things about Joey or his studio. They were amazing and we could not have asked for a better photographer for our big day.
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 11/12/2021

Brought real

We hired Joey to shoot our wedding and could not be happier. He has decades of experience and it shows everywhere (except on his face and in the energy he brings to the job). He was a great asset to the planning of the day and brought an artistic spontaneity to the photos. I would definitely hire him again.
  • Joseph
    Joseph Married on 10/23/2021

Two weddings, two great experiences

We worked with Joey two years in a row for both a backyard COVID wedding and a traditional, full-blown wedding. Both times, Joey and his staff were incredibly accomodating and helped us immensely throughout the entire process. From going through the wedding timeline to their incredible photographers scoping out the venue beforehand, the thoroughness and professionalism that the staff showed made our experience wonderful, not to mention, the photos came out amazing! Thank you so much to Joey and his team for capturing our special days!
  • Kara
    Kara H. Married on 10/22/2021

Professional, Funny, and Efficient

We really enjoyed our experience with Joey, first from our engagement shoot, then later for our wedding day. He met with us before the wedding to discuss his ideas and plan out a detailed timeline. We got married at Wayfarers which was hectic because you only have 2 hours on the grounds, 30 mins of which was the actual ceremony. Given the extreme time constraints, Joey maximized the amount of photos he could get in the time he had. You could tell he is an expert photographer and had Wayfarers memorized like the back of his hand! There were photos that we wanted that didn't end up being taken, but that wasn't because of Joey; it was due to the limited time we could be at Wayfarers and also a limo that didn't show up on time after the ceremony. Bummer for us but the photo previews were beautiful! Joey knew photographing 2 brides wearing dresses with long intricate veils would be even more challenging given the time constraints, so he brought on a second professional photographer, Henry, at no additional cost to us to work with him to make sure our day went as smoothly as possible. We would highly recommend working with him for any special occasion!
    Jane C. Married on 10/02/2021

Reliable and organized!

Joey and his team were very professional and reliable. He has many years of experience in photography and wedding venues that made the whole process and day-of wedding seamless. I did not need to hire a coordinator for my microwedding because Joey mapped out our wedding day timeline in 15 minutes increments. He was a pleasure to work with!
  • Carina
    Carina R. Married on 09/22/2021

Look no further, Joey Ikemoto Photography is what you need

Joey Ikemoto photographed our September 22, 2021, wedding at Wayfarers Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes. My husband and I wholeheartedly recommend Joey and his team!
    I was a fan of Joey Ikemoto Photography long before seeing them on the recommended vendors list at Wayfarers Chapel. I had one of Joey’s photos saved on my phone as a picture I wanted to recreate for the wedding day. So when I learned it was Joey, it was a no-brainer. My husband and I had to have the best!
    During the short time we worked together, Joey and Tracy were always responsive to our questions and concerns. I could expect a response from them within 24 hours or less.
    Joey is down-to-earth, polite, professional, and FUNNY! When we met with him at his beautiful studio, he was as invested in creating our timeline, ensuring we had time for the photos we wanted, and understanding our wedding photography priorities. It felt like a collaboration with a true professional through a process he has mastered!
    Joey and his team received so many compliments from our family and friends. One of our family members assumed Joey was a close friend of my husband and I because he meshed with the crowd so well!
    In a nutshell, the quality of Joey Ikemoto Photography’s work is impeccable and stunning. The angles and lighting captured my invisibly sculpted arms, LOL! In other words, the photos captured the beautiful moment my husband and I shared.
    Joey Ikemoto Photography offers more to your wedding day photos than your typical photographer. His experience and eye for detail are out of this world. Not to mention he’s a baby/toddler whisperer! My 10-month-old cousin and two years old nephew followed Joey’s lead! WOW!
    Look no further, Joey Ikemoto Photography.
  • Natasha
    Natasha L. Married on 09/03/2021

Joey Ikemoto Photography is absolutely the Best!

Natasha and I wanted the best photographer for our wedding. We did a lot of research, read tons of reviews online, visited several studios in the area, but when we spoke to Joey Ikemoto and saw his work at his office we didn't have any doubt! Joey Ikemoto Photography is absolutely the best in the business! We were very impressed by their organization, professionalism, experience, attention to details, and way of working. We had so many questions, but Joey and his assistants made the wedding run so smoothly, and we had a lot of fun with them in the process! We love our photos and the way Stacy put them together in the album at the office. We definitely suggest Joey for any special event!
  • Shane
    Shane S. Married on 09/02/2021

Hilarious and insanely talented

We went with the most affordable package which is supposed to be with an apprentice photographer but we were elated when Joey carved out time himself to be our photographer. He's a consummate professional with a great sense of humor who takes even better photos. He was flexible, understanding and I have had professional photographers and wedding planners tell me he's taken the best wedding photos they have ever seen.
    Ginette Married on 08/21/2021

The best photographer!

Working with Joey and his team was such a pleasure. They were completely prepared and made our wedding photography experience simple, fun and stress free. They did an excellent job with the before, ceremony, and reception photos without us having to worry about a thing. Hiring them made the amount of work we had to do effortless and easy. We highly recommend Joey and we are thankful for finding him as our wedding photographer

• John
    John A. Married on 08/14/2021

Joey is Awesome!

Joey shot our engagement photos and our wedding. They both turned out amazing!
  • Angelica
    Angelica Y. Married on 08/13/2021

Joey and the dream team!

Seriously cannot say enough great things about Joey and his team! They are all so wonderful! We met with Tracy and Joey two years ago to plan our wedding which was supposed to happen in 2020, but thanks to COVID got postponed. Joey and Tracy were speaking with us the whole time and suggested other great vendors which we did go with and the team they suggested just made everything so much easier! We even did our engagement shoots with Joey and will probably do more in the future. We got their photo booth addition which was so fun, they had so many props out wedding guests loved it! Joey and Joanna were our photographers for our wedding day and from what we’ve seen posted in their blog the photos were amazing! We can’t wait to see the full gallery of photos. They were able to make us candidly laugh and knew all the perfect lighting and areas to capture. They were the most prepared team in our entire wedding and really helped us envision our perfect day. Joey, his entire team, and the vendors he suggested really made our wedding the best.
    Jennifer L. Married on 06/22/2021

Dream Team!

It was an absolute joy to work with Joey and his team! The entire process from beginning to end was seamless. Joey is an absolute dream to work with- he is detailed, thorough, and professional while also being super fun, friendly, and easy to work with! He was able to make both my partner and I feel super comfortable while taking some really amazing shots of us. Behind the scenes, Tracy was able to enhance and be the creative eye for our album! He was extremely patient and flexible with us while we were choosing photos for our wedding album. His vision in creating and designing the album went above and beyond what we had expected! Highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography - we could not have asked for a more responsive and professional team!
  • Jailene
    Jailene S. Married on 06/16/2021

So amazing!

We are so happy we went with Joey and his team for our wedding! From beginning to end, we felt very taken care of and he really knows what he's doing. He has an amazing eye for detail and our photos could not come out more perfectly! The memories he captured for us will last a lifetime! He is the absolute best to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!
    Raffel O. Married on 06/06/2021

Worth it in Every Way

We had the absolute pleasure of contracting Joey and his team to photograph our wedding on June 6th at the Wayfarer's Chapel. We had initially found him through the Wayfarer's suggested vendors and was doubly confirmed when we found out my husband's sister had also used him for her wedding! First of all, we had to postpone our date a whole year due to the pandemic and they easily worked with us on the changes. Second, we couldn't nail down a time to do our engagement shoot because of my husband's deployment schedule and then the pandemic and were still so easy to work with at the last minute.

Neither of us, my husband nor myself, are photographic, center of attention people to the point where it makes us uncomfortable but Joey and his team made everything so easy. Our engagement photos turned out amazing. We don't consider ourselves particularly photogenic but we actually look great! It was a downright miracle. For our actual wedding day, they had our whole schedule laid out for us to work within the tight timeframe the Wayfarer provides. They made our whole day so much less stressful AND fun! Our photos are fantastic and fit our personalities so well. Take a gander at our preview below and see how amazing they are. If we have any other life events, we're looking forward to seeing Joey again. We might even pop in for a Christmas photo or two.

P.S. All of Joey's photographers are wonderful, truly. His whole team is great but we had the great fortune of having Joey himself as our main photographer and if you should get the chance, 100% absolutely book him to be yours. You'll be soo happy you did.
    Victor Married on 06/03/2021

Great Photographer

We were glad we had Joey and Jonathan as our wedding photographer. They were professional and easygoing. It was very pleasant to work with them. Before the wedding day, we met with Joey to go over the schedule for the day. He made great recommendations for shooting spots and created a very detailed timeline. Joey and Jonathan were working hard the whole time. Joey captured many valuable moments on our wedding day. He kept us and our friends laughing and smiling all the time. He was especially good at making kids smile and feeling comfortable. I’d recommend Joey as your photographer!
  • Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 06/01/2021

Worth Every Penny!

This was one of the best decisions we made. In addition to taking the most beautiful photos, he also put my (now) husband and I at ease during the engagement shoot and during the wedding shoot - and taking couples photos was not something we were used to doing. Working with him was so easy and he literally printed the wedding photo samples I had on pinterest and used them for reference on the day of the wedding. The only advise I would give is to know the kind of shots you want taken so you can discuss them in the prep meeting. So Amazing!!
  • Mark
    Mark F. Married on 05/29/2021

Dreams Come true

Joey came highly recommended and we were very pleased when he exceeded all of our expectations - His professionalism was surpassed by his personal and friendly attitude and attention to detail - Joey and his team knew exactly what needed to be done and anticipated our every need - Because of their focus on meeting our needs and wants the whole experience was an enjoyable family experience where all of our dreams were fulfilled
  • Seth
    Seth V. Married on 04/30/2021

Joey's the best!

Last month, I had the privilege of working with Joey for a wedding at the Maxwell House in Pasadena (I'm a wedding DJ). I had already known about (and admired) Joey's photography before meeting him, and working with him at the wedding turned out to be just as inspiring. His professionalism, positive attitude, and passion for photography were evident throughout the entire wedding. Joey's great with people, and when he organized the guests for a group photo after the Ceremony, it was clear that the guests had fun working with him as well. If you have any doubts, simply look through the photos on Joey's website and you'll see that his attention to detail is nothing short of stellar. I'd trust him with the photography at my own wedding, and I'd highly recommend checking him out if you need a wedding photographer yourself!
  • Ann
    Ann D. Married on 04/24/2021

Point Vicente

Joey's team was really professional, creative, accommodative and funny at the same time. They were super familiar with great photo spots and times of the day in Point Vicente to achieve the highest quality pictures.
    We highly recommend Joey's team to couples who are looking for recording their special day in a special way.
    Annie C. Married on 02/20/2021

Amazing !!

Would highly recommend Joey and his team for any photography needs. From the first inquiry to the wedding day itself, everyone was very responsive, organized, supportive and exceeded all expectations. I always hate all pictures of myself and would much rather be behind the camera, but thanks to Joey and his team I now have so many pictures from the engagement and wedding that I actually LOVE and that is the by far the best testament I can give to the talent and expertise.
    Jhayrieson Married on 12/30/2020

Beautiful pictures

Getting married can be very stressful given all of the planning, including choosing the right photographer for our wedding. They're were too many to choose from. We just wanted someone whose well known for their work. While we were at a meeting at our wedding planners office there were many pictures on display of prior wedding ceremonies and a few particular pictures stood out and caught my wife's eye. She wanted to know who took the photos and our wedding planner mentioned Joey from Joey Ikemoto Photography, and that he had come highly recommended by many. She also mentioned that he frequents taking wedding pictures at Wayfarers so hes familiar with the landscape and knows all the ideal places to take great pictures. My wife and I knew right then we had to have him shoot our wedding. We hired him and had no regrets. During the times we interacted with Joey he was funny, well organized, and very professional. We definitely would like to thank Joey and his son for the wonderful pictures they took of our wedding. They came out perfect. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for making our special day memorable with your presence and the gorgeous pictures you took on our wedding.