Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

81 | Torrance, CA

81 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 1
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 6
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 7

Leigh Green · Married on 07/27/2019

Creative and Professional

The team at Joey Ikemoto is extremely professional and friendly. Sam was a pleasure to have as a photographer, and many guests complimented on his cheerful attitude and efficient behavior. With his knowledge and experience at Wayfarer Chapel, poses, and lightening, I’m confident that the pictures will be something we will enjoy for our lifetime together. We highly recommend Sam, and Joey’s full team, and their expertise for your special day to remind you of your forever love.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • CANDICE

Candice Dye · Married on 06/25/2019

Joey is amazing!

Joey came highly recommended. Joey did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. Between the 2 sessions he took over 2,000 pictures. He is super fun and was always making us laugh to get a genuine smile. HE DID AN AMAZING JOB. He makes it difficult to decide which pictures to purchase because they are ALL really good. I would definitely recommend using Joey.

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 8
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 9
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 10
  • Erica

Erica Sigman · Married on 06/20/2019

Flawless wedding photo experience

Joey was amazing! The day of our wedding, he was so organized and able to direct everyone efficiently. The images came out incredible and it was more than we could have ever asked for. His entire staff is a pleasure and easy to work with and made the entire process stress-free! Will definitely use Joey and staff again for any professional photo needs.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Davin Blekeberg · Married on 06/04/2019

High quality, friendly, and professional photographer

My wife and I used Joey Ikemoto Photography for our wedding at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center in Palos Verdes on April 6, 2019. Some of our friends used Joey as their photographer a few years earlier and the photos were great so we felt good about moving forward without shopping around.

We met with Joey one month before the wedding and he helped establish a timeline for our wedding day. The meeting was very fun and Joey is great to work with. He helped to suggest a location for our "first look" shots as well as an area to get beach background shots.

Sam was our photographer for the wedding. We started out at a nearby hotel and then did some lovely beach shots before heading over to the venue. Sam was very friendly and professional. I personally am not one for taking a lot of photos and Sam was always good about making sure things ran efficiently and kept things moving in a positive way. He helped select my tie color that would work best for the photos and was always willing to step in and help any way he could. Thank you to Jeremy as well who assisted Sam and delivered the same friendly and professional services.

We got really lucky with the weather during our event and Sam made sure to capitalize on the ocean views and sunset. Sam was able to get several candid shots in addition the traditional more posed photos. He captured several great shots of us, our friends and family, and the venue. It was a beautiful day and a fun event, we're so happy Sam was there to document the day. The photos have turned out wonderful and we are very happy with Joey Ikemoto Photography. We would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Okawachi · Married on 05/04/2019

The photographer you NEED on your wedding day!

Joey Ikemoto Photography captured moments throughout our wedding that we will be able to cherish for years to come. His creative and fun nature allowed for unique one of a kind photos. My husband and I knew we were in good hands after our first meeting with him and his staff. They walked us through their different packages and were very responsive to emails. Joey also provided us with a "wedding day" timeline which was extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. We are so glad we chose Joey Ikemoto Photography and hope to work with him again in the future.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Decision We Made!!!

Wedding planning is stressful and confusing at times but after my husband and I met with Joey and his team I instantly felt relief! We knew we were in the best hands, he made us feel comfortable and we knew if nothing else went right that day that at least we would have beautiful photos! We were married at Wayfarer's Chapel and we wanted a photographer who knew how to capture the beauty and the light there. Our planning session before the wedding completely put our minds at ease. Our photographer was Sam and he and Joey went through every minute of our ceremony with us, not a detail was left out. On our wedding day Sam and his assistants were beyond professional, so nice and complimentary and very fun and easygoing, we loved working with them. We adore our photos and I cannot imagine having better photographers. Save yourself the stress and just let Joey and his team photograph your wedding, they will make it perfect! Here are some of our photos: http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-palos-verdes-and-bluewater-grill-redondo-beach-wedding-sean-christine/

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • jessica

jessica · Married on 04/19/2019

One of the BEST decisions we made during wedding planning ...

Choosing Joey as our Photographer was one of the best decisions we could have made. Not only did he capture all the candid shots I wanted, he also encouraged me to create and share a Pinterest board of moments I wanted to capture with him before the big day ( i.e. The first time my husband saw me walking down the aisle, ) so that it was clear what shots were important to us.
    The day was planned in 15 minute increments by Joey ahead of time which made it easy for me to share “the schedule” with the rest of my vendors. While I thought this was excessive (even with my “type A” personality) this was the BEST thing that we could have done because I did not have to worry about people not knowing what to do / where to be and could truly be in the moment .
    Joey knows exactly when to step in and give good advice to get the photos you want while still somehow fading into the background, which made me forget sometimes that he was even there! He also worked VERY well with our videographers and they were able to coordinate some one-on-one time and not get in the way of each other.
    Joey is BEYOND talented and worth every penny. Very Professional – great personality to be around on one of the happiest days of your life – and captures exceptional photos so you can relive the day over and over forever.

Check out his blog post on our wedding to see some of our photos : http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-and-los-verdes-golf-course-palos-verdes-wedding-dean-jessica/

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 11
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 12
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 13
  • Stefanie

Stefanie Blase · Married on 04/05/2019

Awesome!!!!

Wonderful photographer & crew!

We started in studio for our engagement photo shoot & knew we loved Joey right from the start!
    He’s super funny, and helps you relax.
    He’s always welcome punctual and knows the local areas well.
    Superb job, highly recommended!
    Thank you!
    Stef & Brian

Sent on 08/03/2019

Kevin Kirkpatrick · Married on 01/20/2019

I've chosen your photographer for you

If my words can influence a decision about choosing a photographer at all, please know that it's likely impossible to choose anyone more professional, courteous, inspirational and artistic than Joey.

He used his wacky humor, endless charm and boundless love for his life's calling to invite my now wife and me into the greatest pictures we've ever taken.

We were naturally intrigued by the photos of his works available to be viewed, but upon meeting him, we felt instantly at peace. There's zero reason to even do any comparison.

He made my wife feel more beautiful than she ever has in our wedding day photos, allowing her to feel deeply at ease with what could sometimes be a stressful day. I've never felt more confident in a photograph looking as good as it possibly could.

Throughout our wedding planning, we were told multiple times by different people involved in the process that when they heard we chose Joey, they said they had done the same and it was perfect for them.

Joey had our day measured down to 15-minute increments, squeezing every photographable (it's my word, dammit) moment into his camera. Even his assistants marveled at some of the compositions he selected.

We could not have wanted better photographs, and the greatest day of our lives will forever live on because Joey Ikemoto existed. If you've ever found yourself to put even a modicum of trust in a stranger on the internet, take this advice and hire Joey. The word "regret" will no longer be in your lexicon.

Sent on 02/16/2019
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing Photographer!

I was thrilled with Joey Ikemoto photography. From our first meeting through receiving the preview of our photos. Sam was AMAZING! He has a great eye for photography. His personality really got everyone laughing and made it so that the photos seemed natural and less posed, which I love! He got some beautiful candid shots that transported me back to that day and stirred all of the emotions I felt. I highly recommend using them! They exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • W

whitley · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding Photography

I was honestly thrilled with the work Joey Ikemoto did at my wedding. My husband and I were married at Wayfarers Chapel and Joey took some of the loveliest wedding photos I have ever seen. I have received so many compliments from friends and family regarding Joey’s work. He has a definite knack for putting everyone at ease on the big day and his artistic choices are spot on. Joey and his staff are punctual and extremely professional. We could not be more pleased and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for fabulous wedding photos!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Ragnar Svare · Married on 12/22/2018

Great experience!

My wife and I had a great experience with Joey and his team. Joey took our engagement photos and consulted with us to get a plan for the wedding photos. Sam and Nate photographed our wedding at Wayfarer’s chapel and reception at Catalina Kitchen at Terranea. All our photographers were very familiar with our venues and helped us to navigate the strict time limitations and photography rules that those venues imposed. In addition to being knowledgeable, organized, and professional, the photographers were all very personable and coaxed great photos out of me despite the jitters. Tracy was very helpful and communicative with the administrative side of things. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Joyce

Joyce P · Married on 12/08/2018

Joey is a true artist and photographer

Joey was amazing! His pictures are truly art! He was professional and a huge joy on our special day! We ended up getting amazing sunset pictures too! His staff members, Tracy helped a lot with helping us choose some amazing pictures. We ended up with over 1,000 pictures to choose from, and I have to say most of the 1,000 were incredible! We would highly recommend him and his staff!
    Thank you Joey and Tracy for being part of our wedding celebration!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Candice Bucchino · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Photographer

How do I give Joey more than 5 stars? It's hard to express in words how amazing Joey is -- as a person & as a photographer. My husband, family, and friends loved him and how passionate he is about his work. He is absolutely hands-down the best photographer I have ever dealt with! He works so well with people and was especially kind with my husband and I. He knows just the right angles and just the right positioning in his photography as well as perfect timing of the right light needed in photos. It was nothing but a positive experience with Joey and I highly recommend you to use him for your photos as well! He put all of our needs first before his own and it was overall an outstanding experience.

Sent on 03/14/2019

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful photo

Joey and his staff are amazing! Sam and Jon were our photographers. They really captured the whole day, not only were they on top of everything and helped keep things moving they made sure they got the shots. We can't thank them enough. We love our photos!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Yolanda

Yolanda Estrada · Married on 10/28/2018

Worth every penny!

I am so glad we did not skimp when it came to selecting the right photographer for our wedding day!

Joey and his team were very professional and personable in how they interacted with our friends and family during picture-taking. The customer service we received was fantastic; always responding to our calls and emails in a very prompt manner. Pictures last a lifetime and we are so happy with the quality of work Joey, Henry, and the rest of their staff were able to produce. Our pictures are breathtaking.

True artists; true professionals! Thank you to the entire staff who served us throughout our wedding journey. We will cherish it forever!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Chris · Married on 10/04/2018

Truly outstanding!

WOW! Joey Ikemoto captured the most incredible sunset pictures at our beach wedding, combined with a broad range of photos throughout the day – from smiling to dramatic to candid and fun! Joey Ikemoto offers a rare mix of technical ability and outstanding people skills. He worked with the family to bring out the best in them (and us) like a true professional. A few weeks after the wedding, we were provided with a selection of some of the best shots that were colour corrected to really make them pop – along with the full catalogue of over 1,300 shots – the majority of which were excellent with a few being truly outstanding! Thanks Joey Ikemoto and the team for giving us memories that we can look back on and cherish for years to come.

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Beverly

Beverly Rademacher · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing photographer!

Joey Ikemoto is an amazing photographer and did a fabulous job of capturing our beach wedding on camera. We were blessed with a beautiful sunset and Joey got some great silhouette shots of us at the water’s edge at Redondo Beach. He also brought out the best in all the family with his personable manner and upbeat vibe. A true professional, highly recommended.

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Richelle

Richelle · Married on 09/29/2018

Smooth and Artistic

Our wedding day ran so smoothly because of Sam and Nathan. They are talented artists and gave us so many amazing images to chose from! We shot with Joey for our engagement shoot and he was AWESOME! The entire team is so talented.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Michael · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing photos and great photographers.

My wife and I found Joey Ikemoto Photography on Yelp after failing to be impressed by the preferred vendor list from our venue. We checked Joey's website and were impressed by the photos so we decided to book an appointment for consultation. Their studio\gallery is impressive and it was very pleasant speaking with Joey who explained their process from start to finish. His planning of the photo shoots for the big day was perfect. Hiring them was an easy decision. Sam was booked as the main photographer for our wedding and we were not disappointed. Sam showed up with Jason and both were very friendly and professional from the start. They guided us and
    our families expertly for the photo shoots and captured a lot of precious moments. It was a really great experience. The photos came out beautifully as promised. We can not recommend them enough.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Kay · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Choice in Photography

This is one of the most important celebrated days of your life and you want to make sure you have the right person who will capture that special moment to ensure your beautiful memories will be saved and shared over the years. That is why you choose Joey Ikemoto Photography. They have been around for over 25 years and the staff is friendly, professional, and dependable. They make it really easy to help you relax and have fun on your special day.

Our photographer was Sam. He was brilliant. He makes it easy for those who are not the photogenic person, like me. He captures the moment and then adds his own flare. Overall, I was thrilled to see our pictures came out beautiful. I am happy to share this review with all of those searching for the right photographers, it is one of the most important pieces of your wedding. I would definitely recommend using this group to capture your memories.

Thank you, Joey and Sam, for your brilliant work. My wife and I are grateful for your talented work and your professionalism.

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 14
  • Caleb

Caleb F. · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Photos, amazing photographer!

What can I say about Joey Ikemoto Photography other than they delivered everything we wanted, made my wife extremely happy and helped make the most of our special day!

First and foremost, my wife was sold once she saw a number of images off the Joey Ikemoto site so we made an appointment to meet with them and weren't disappointed! The solid and reassuring sense of a professional studio (they are!), the helpful tips and thoughtfulness to help us get the most out of them AND our 'day', and the openness of being available to work with us and address all our concerns sealed the deal.

With all the anxieties that go along with the months of planning a wedding, Joey Ikemoto Photography made us feel secure with our choice and grateful for offering info on so many things we wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Finally, when the day came and all the plans came to be, things started just as we had hoped. We were so happy to work directly with Joey for our wedding, and when he showed up he did nothing but satisfy! He was punctual and brought a reassuring sense along with him.

We had met with him before, but there is something about his studio that is personal, playful, and fun - he really calmed a lot of tension with his personality and joking, and could really draw out the best of his subjects in his photos. He made it feel easy, but still important at the same time.

He kept the day moving, commanding everything we were hoping for, making sure it all "got done", and got done perfectly!

Without gushing on I can only say that I could not recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography any more, you will love working with his studio, you will love working with Tracy, you will love his ability to help guide you through your day, and you will LOVE your photos!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Jeremy wingert · Married on 09/13/2018

Amazing Experience

We recently had Joey photograph our wedding at Wayfarers and are very happy with that decision. He broke our time there into 15 minute segments, which maximized the amount of photos that he could get. Most of all, he was really amazing at getting the attention of the children. I would absolutely recommend Joey.

Sent on 10/16/2018

J. · Married on 09/02/2018

If you want quality, one of a kind, capture the moment photos then you want to go with Joey Ikemoto Photography. All the staff are professional and wonderful to work with. It's the one vendor you won't ever have to worry about as they know what they are doing. So call them today!

Sent on 10/01/2018