Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

70 | Torrance, CA

70 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 1
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 2
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 3
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 4
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 5
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 6
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 7

Kevin Kirkpatrick · Married on 01/20/2019

I've chosen your photographer for you

If my words can influence a decision about choosing a photographer at all, please know that it's likely impossible to choose anyone more professional, courteous, inspirational and artistic than Joey.

He used his wacky humor, endless charm and boundless love for his life's calling to invite my now wife and me into the greatest pictures we've ever taken.

We were naturally intrigued by the photos of his works available to be viewed, but upon meeting him, we felt instantly at peace. There's zero reason to even do any comparison.

He made my wife feel more beautiful than she ever has in our wedding day photos, allowing her to feel deeply at ease with what could sometimes be a stressful day. I've never felt more confident in a photograph looking as good as it possibly could.

Throughout our wedding planning, we were told multiple times by different people involved in the process that when they heard we chose Joey, they said they had done the same and it was perfect for them.

Joey had our day measured down to 15-minute increments, squeezing every photographable (it's my word, dammit) moment into his camera. Even his assistants marveled at some of the compositions he selected.

We could not have wanted better photographs, and the greatest day of our lives will forever live on because Joey Ikemoto existed. If you've ever found yourself to put even a modicum of trust in a stranger on the internet, take this advice and hire Joey. The word "regret" will no longer be in your lexicon.

• Janice

Janice · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing Photographer!

I was thrilled with Joey Ikemoto photography. From our first meeting through receiving the preview of our photos. Sam was AMAZING! He has a great eye for photography. His personality really got everyone laughing and made it so that the photos seemed natural and less posed, which I love! He got some beautiful candid shots that transported me back to that day and stirred all of the emotions I felt. I highly recommend using them! They exceeded my expectations!

• W

whitley · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding Photography

I was honestly thrilled with the work Joey Ikemoto did at my wedding. My husband and I were married at Wayfarers Chapel and Joey took some of the loveliest wedding photos I have ever seen. I have received so many compliments from friends and family regarding Joey’s work. He has a definite knack for putting everyone at ease on the big day and his artistic choices are spot on. Joey and his staff are punctual and extremely professional. We could not be more pleased and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for fabulous wedding photos!

Ragnar Svare · Married on 12/22/2018

Great experience!

My wife and I had a great experience with Joey and his team. Joey took our engagement photos and consulted with us to get a plan for the wedding photos. Sam and Nate photographed our wedding at Wayfarer’s chapel and reception at Catalina Kitchen at Terranea. All our photographers were very familiar with our venues and helped us to navigate the strict time limitations and photography rules that those venues imposed. In addition to being knowledgeable, organized, and professional, the photographers were all very personable and coaxed great photos out of me despite the jitters. Tracy was very helpful and communicative with the administrative side of things. Highly recommended!

Candice Bucchino · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Photographer

How do I give Joey more than 5 stars? It's hard to express in words how amazing Joey is -- as a person & as a photographer. My husband, family, and friends loved him and how passionate he is about his work. He is absolutely hands-down the best photographer I have ever dealt with! He works so well with people and was especially kind with my husband and I. He knows just the right angles and just the right positioning in his photography as well as perfect timing of the right light needed in photos. It was nothing but a positive experience with Joey and I highly recommend you to use him for your photos as well! He put all of our needs first before his own and it was overall an outstanding experience.

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful photo

Joey and his staff are amazing! Sam and Jon were our photographers. They really captured the whole day, not only were they on top of everything and helped keep things moving they made sure they got the shots. We can't thank them enough. We love our photos!

• Yolanda

Yolanda Estrada · Married on 10/28/2018

Worth every penny!

I am so glad we did not skimp when it came to selecting the right photographer for our wedding day!

Joey and his team were very professional and personable in how they interacted with our friends and family during picture-taking. The customer service we received was fantastic; always responding to our calls and emails in a very prompt manner. Pictures last a lifetime and we are so happy with the quality of work Joey, Henry, and the rest of their staff were able to produce. Our pictures are breathtaking.

True artists; true professionals! Thank you to the entire staff who served us throughout our wedding journey. We will cherish it forever!

Chris · Married on 10/04/2018

Truly outstanding!

WOW! Joey Ikemoto captured the most incredible sunset pictures at our beach wedding, combined with a broad range of photos throughout the day – from smiling to dramatic to candid and fun! Joey Ikemoto offers a rare mix of technical ability and outstanding people skills. He worked with the family to bring out the best in them (and us) like a true professional. A few weeks after the wedding, we were provided with a selection of some of the best shots that were colour corrected to really make them pop – along with the full catalogue of over 1,300 shots – the majority of which were excellent with a few being truly outstanding! Thanks Joey Ikemoto and the team for giving us memories that we can look back on and cherish for years to come.

• Beverly

Beverly Rademacher · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing photographer!

Joey Ikemoto is an amazing photographer and did a fabulous job of capturing our beach wedding on camera. We were blessed with a beautiful sunset and Joey got some great silhouette shots of us at the water’s edge at Redondo Beach. He also brought out the best in all the family with his personable manner and upbeat vibe. A true professional, highly recommended.

• Richelle

Richelle · Married on 09/29/2018

Smooth and Artistic

Our wedding day ran so smoothly because of Sam and Nathan. They are talented artists and gave us so many amazing images to chose from! We shot with Joey for our engagement shoot and he was AWESOME! The entire team is so talented.

Michael · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing photos and great photographers.

My wife and I found Joey Ikemoto Photography on Yelp after failing to be impressed by the preferred vendor list from our venue. We checked Joey's website and were impressed by the photos so we decided to book an appointment for consultation. Their studio\gallery is impressive and it was very pleasant speaking with Joey who explained their process from start to finish. His planning of the photo shoots for the big day was perfect. Hiring them was an easy decision. Sam was booked as the main photographer for our wedding and we were not disappointed. Sam showed up with Jason and both were very friendly and professional from the start. They guided us and
    our families expertly for the photo shoots and captured a lot of precious moments. It was a really great experience. The photos came out beautifully as promised. We can not recommend them enough.

Kay · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Choice in Photography

This is one of the most important celebrated days of your life and you want to make sure you have the right person who will capture that special moment to ensure your beautiful memories will be saved and shared over the years. That is why you choose Joey Ikemoto Photography. They have been around for over 25 years and the staff is friendly, professional, and dependable. They make it really easy to help you relax and have fun on your special day.

Our photographer was Sam. He was brilliant. He makes it easy for those who are not the photogenic person, like me. He captures the moment and then adds his own flare. Overall, I was thrilled to see our pictures came out beautiful. I am happy to share this review with all of those searching for the right photographers, it is one of the most important pieces of your wedding. I would definitely recommend using this group to capture your memories.

Thank you, Joey and Sam, for your brilliant work. My wife and I are grateful for your talented work and your professionalism.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 8
  • Caleb

Caleb F. · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Photos, amazing photographer!

What can I say about Joey Ikemoto Photography other than they delivered everything we wanted, made my wife extremely happy and helped make the most of our special day!

First and foremost, my wife was sold once she saw a number of images off the Joey Ikemoto site so we made an appointment to meet with them and weren't disappointed! The solid and reassuring sense of a professional studio (they are!), the helpful tips and thoughtfulness to help us get the most out of them AND our 'day', and the openness of being available to work with us and address all our concerns sealed the deal.

With all the anxieties that go along with the months of planning a wedding, Joey Ikemoto Photography made us feel secure with our choice and grateful for offering info on so many things we wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Finally, when the day came and all the plans came to be, things started just as we had hoped. We were so happy to work directly with Joey for our wedding, and when he showed up he did nothing but satisfy! He was punctual and brought a reassuring sense along with him.

We had met with him before, but there is something about his studio that is personal, playful, and fun - he really calmed a lot of tension with his personality and joking, and could really draw out the best of his subjects in his photos. He made it feel easy, but still important at the same time.

He kept the day moving, commanding everything we were hoping for, making sure it all "got done", and got done perfectly!

Without gushing on I can only say that I could not recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography any more, you will love working with his studio, you will love working with Tracy, you will love his ability to help guide you through your day, and you will LOVE your photos!!

Jeremy wingert · Married on 09/13/2018

Amazing Experience

We recently had Joey photograph our wedding at Wayfarers and are very happy with that decision. He broke our time there into 15 minute segments, which maximized the amount of photos that he could get. Most of all, he was really amazing at getting the attention of the children. I would absolutely recommend Joey.

J. · Married on 09/02/2018

If you want quality, one of a kind, capture the moment photos then you want to go with Joey Ikemoto Photography. All the staff are professional and wonderful to work with. It's the one vendor you won't ever have to worry about as they know what they are doing. So call them today!

Krysia · Married on 08/18/2018

Satisfied Customers!

The entire staff are professional & a pleasure to work with - from the initial meeting, the wedding day & creating the perfect album. Sam & Justin added to our wedding experience - couldn't picture our big day without them! Highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography!! Extremely satisfied customers!

Laura Brownstein · Married on 08/05/2018

Reliable, friendly, professional and supportive

Joey and his team were very professional, arrived early, and were extremely kind to the wedding guests. Some of the family are a bit difficult to handle, but Joey was calm, collected, and treated them with respect throughout the day. In the sessions meeting up to the wedding day, I felt more and more confident that Joey was the right guy for the wedding photos. On the wedding day, he arrived early, made sure to greet and get to know who's who of the wedding party and family (face-to-face), and took awesome photos that I will forever cherish. In regards to specific photos, definitely ask for the group wedding photos, as those were a hit with my family and friends. Overall, Joey and his team were kind, supportive, experienced, and I'm glad I went with them for my husband and my wedding! I have no regrets!

• Karen

Karen · Married on 07/14/2018

First, you find your Prince Charming to marry. Then, if you're smart, you hire Joey Ikemoto Photography and pick Sam, the Prince Charming of Wedding Photographers. This was one of the first wedding decisions I made and to say my hubby and I are ecstatic with the results is an understatement. Everyone at the studio is great to work with: responsive, easy going, professional, informative, an all-around nice bunch. Now, let's talk about my photographer Sam. What an absolute dream to work with. Not only was he totally charming, patient and funny as he was snapping away - this guy is incredibly talented. I was blown away by the pictures. So beautiful. He's an artist. Not only is he gifted at capturing all your special moments, he's a joy to work with: super professional and super nice. Ladies, he got on the floor to help bustle the train of my dress! At the end of the evening, I was so sad to say goodbye to him. Absolutely loved working with Joey Ikemoto Photography and couldn't recommend them more. Book them now (ask for Sam!) and you'll be left with stunning memories you will treasure your entire married life. Thank you guys - my Happily Ever After was just how I pictured it ;-). Love, the Halliseys

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 9
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 10
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 11
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 12
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 13
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 14
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 15

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2018

Growing up in the South Bay, I used to see Joey Ikemoto's photos all the time. So when it was time to plan our wedding, Joey came up as a preferred photographer for our venue (South Coast Botanic Garden) and I knew that we had to check him out. I love the location of his studio and that all of his staff are super friendly. Our wedding package came with an engagement photo session, which I'm glad we took advantage of because it was good practice for the big day. Joey and Ethan were our photographers the day of, and they were so fun to work with. They were able to wrangle all of our 150 guests together to get an awesome group picture and even managed to get some sweet pictures of my dog. :) I've already received some blog preview photos and am in LOVE. I can't wait to see the rest!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

This is a wonderful group of photographers. We had Nate as ours and he truly knew how to photograph and direct a couple/bride to make sure we got the best wedding photographs possible. His edgy and beautiful style led us to the best results possible. I highly recommend Joey Ikemoto photography for your wedding!

• Damara

Damara · Married on 05/25/2018

Impressed!

Honestly, I could not have asked for more. From the Engagement photos session, to the getting ready, to the ceremony and reception: totally and completed thrilled with Joey and his assistants. They took the time to make sure I was comfortable, helped keep my two kids in check and even had a bridal emergency kit that came in super handy! I absolutely love my pictures. They even got my two year old son to smile in almost all the pictures. Super impressed!

Linda · Married on 05/22/2018

Joey and his team are absolutely amazing and went above and beyond for our wedding! My reception venue cancelled at the last minute and Joey called me with a list of other venues to try to save our day. I did not expect that at all and it was so kind of him to show that much concern! Our photographers on our wedding had great personalities and knew exactly how to interact with everyone to get the perfect shots. Their service and attention to detail had many of my guests wanting to know the name of our photographer before the event was over and they hadn’t even seen any of the photos yet! The images they captured are absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to have them take photos for our family in the future. If Joey Ikemoto is not your photographer yet, book him now! You will not regret it!

Micael · Married on 04/22/2018

When planning our wedding, the one thing that was so often said was: don't skimp on the photographer. Well, of course we knew we wanted to get the best that we could afford, and in looking at The Knot and after a recommendation from Wayfarer's Chapel (our venue), we decided to look at Joey's site; we were blown away And decided on Joey Ikemoto.
    What a terrific choice! Our photographer Sam was so sweet and patient and worked with our schedule and was so clever in how and where to take pictures of our special day.
    Now that our pics are ready, our family and friends can not stop saying how beautiful the shots are. I'm so so glad we chose to go with Joey.

Michelle · Married on 04/19/2018

Joey and his team are more than photographers. They are true artists. Joey captures moments that will surprise and delight you. Then he takes those photos and turns them into something extraordinary. Our wedding was unusual, because we are 80 and 70 years old. He captured the joy we share, and the love coming from our children and grandchildren. He also captured something that can't be conveyed in words - the tenderness of two people in the autumn of life, finding a very special love. We can't say enough about how happy we are with his work.