Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. Reviews

60 | Torrance, CA

60 Reviews for Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 1
Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 7
  • Yolanda

Yolanda Estrada · Married on 10/28/2018

Worth every penny!

I am so glad we did not skimp when it came to selecting the right photographer for our wedding day!

Joey and his team were very professional and personable in how they interacted with our friends and family during picture-taking. The customer service we received was fantastic; always responding to our calls and emails in a very prompt manner. Pictures last a lifetime and we are so happy with the quality of work Joey, Henry, and the rest of their staff were able to produce. Our pictures are breathtaking.

True artists; true professionals! Thank you to the entire staff who served us throughout our wedding journey. We will cherish it forever!

• Richelle

Richelle · Married on 09/29/2018

Smooth and Artistic

Our wedding day ran so smoothly because of Sam and Nathan. They are talented artists and gave us so many amazing images to chose from! We shot with Joey for our engagement shoot and he was AWESOME! The entire team is so talented.

Michael · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing photos and great photographers.

My wife and I found Joey Ikemoto Photography on Yelp after failing to be impressed by the preferred vendor list from our venue. We checked Joey's website and were impressed by the photos so we decided to book an appointment for consultation. Their studio\gallery is impressive and it was very pleasant speaking with Joey who explained their process from start to finish. His planning of the photo shoots for the big day was perfect. Hiring them was an easy decision. Sam was booked as the main photographer for our wedding and we were not disappointed. Sam showed up with Jason and both were very friendly and professional from the start. They guided us and
    our families expertly for the photo shoots and captured a lot of precious moments. It was a really great experience. The photos came out beautifully as promised. We can not recommend them enough.

Kay · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Choice in Photography

This is one of the most important celebrated days of your life and you want to make sure you have the right person who will capture that special moment to ensure your beautiful memories will be saved and shared over the years. That is why you choose Joey Ikemoto Photography. They have been around for over 25 years and the staff is friendly, professional, and dependable. They make it really easy to help you relax and have fun on your special day.

Our photographer was Sam. He was brilliant. He makes it easy for those who are not the photogenic person, like me. He captures the moment and then adds his own flare. Overall, I was thrilled to see our pictures came out beautiful. I am happy to share this review with all of those searching for the right photographers, it is one of the most important pieces of your wedding. I would definitely recommend using this group to capture your memories.

Thank you, Joey and Sam, for your brilliant work. My wife and I are grateful for your talented work and your professionalism.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 8
  • Caleb

Caleb F. · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Photos, amazing photographer!

What can I say about Joey Ikemoto Photography other than they delivered everything we wanted, made my wife extremely happy and helped make the most of our special day!

First and foremost, my wife was sold once she saw a number of images off the Joey Ikemoto site so we made an appointment to meet with them and weren't disappointed! The solid and reassuring sense of a professional studio (they are!), the helpful tips and thoughtfulness to help us get the most out of them AND our 'day', and the openness of being available to work with us and address all our concerns sealed the deal.

With all the anxieties that go along with the months of planning a wedding, Joey Ikemoto Photography made us feel secure with our choice and grateful for offering info on so many things we wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Finally, when the day came and all the plans came to be, things started just as we had hoped. We were so happy to work directly with Joey for our wedding, and when he showed up he did nothing but satisfy! He was punctual and brought a reassuring sense along with him.

We had met with him before, but there is something about his studio that is personal, playful, and fun - he really calmed a lot of tension with his personality and joking, and could really draw out the best of his subjects in his photos. He made it feel easy, but still important at the same time.

He kept the day moving, commanding everything we were hoping for, making sure it all "got done", and got done perfectly!

Without gushing on I can only say that I could not recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography any more, you will love working with his studio, you will love working with Tracy, you will love his ability to help guide you through your day, and you will LOVE your photos!!

Jeremy wingert · Married on 09/13/2018

Amazing Experience

We recently had Joey photograph our wedding at Wayfarers and are very happy with that decision. He broke our time there into 15 minute segments, which maximized the amount of photos that he could get. Most of all, he was really amazing at getting the attention of the children. I would absolutely recommend Joey.

J. · Married on 09/02/2018

If you want quality, one of a kind, capture the moment photos then you want to go with Joey Ikemoto Photography. All the staff are professional and wonderful to work with. It's the one vendor you won't ever have to worry about as they know what they are doing. So call them today!

Krysia · Married on 08/18/2018

Satisfied Customers!

The entire staff are professional & a pleasure to work with - from the initial meeting, the wedding day & creating the perfect album. Sam & Justin added to our wedding experience - couldn't picture our big day without them! Highly recommend Joey Ikemoto Photography!! Extremely satisfied customers!

Laura Brownstein · Married on 08/05/2018

Reliable, friendly, professional and supportive

Joey and his team were very professional, arrived early, and were extremely kind to the wedding guests. Some of the family are a bit difficult to handle, but Joey was calm, collected, and treated them with respect throughout the day. In the sessions meeting up to the wedding day, I felt more and more confident that Joey was the right guy for the wedding photos. On the wedding day, he arrived early, made sure to greet and get to know who's who of the wedding party and family (face-to-face), and took awesome photos that I will forever cherish. In regards to specific photos, definitely ask for the group wedding photos, as those were a hit with my family and friends. Overall, Joey and his team were kind, supportive, experienced, and I'm glad I went with them for my husband and my wedding! I have no regrets!

• Karen

Karen · Married on 07/14/2018

First, you find your Prince Charming to marry. Then, if you're smart, you hire Joey Ikemoto Photography and pick Sam, the Prince Charming of Wedding Photographers. This was one of the first wedding decisions I made and to say my hubby and I are ecstatic with the results is an understatement. Everyone at the studio is great to work with: responsive, easy going, professional, informative, an all-around nice bunch. Now, let's talk about my photographer Sam. What an absolute dream to work with. Not only was he totally charming, patient and funny as he was snapping away - this guy is incredibly talented. I was blown away by the pictures. So beautiful. He's an artist. Not only is he gifted at capturing all your special moments, he's a joy to work with: super professional and super nice. Ladies, he got on the floor to help bustle the train of my dress! At the end of the evening, I was so sad to say goodbye to him. Absolutely loved working with Joey Ikemoto Photography and couldn't recommend them more. Book them now (ask for Sam!) and you'll be left with stunning memories you will treasure your entire married life. Thank you guys - my Happily Ever After was just how I pictured it ;-). Love, the Halliseys

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 9
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 10
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 11
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 12
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 13
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 14
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 15

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2018

Growing up in the South Bay, I used to see Joey Ikemoto's photos all the time. So when it was time to plan our wedding, Joey came up as a preferred photographer for our venue (South Coast Botanic Garden) and I knew that we had to check him out. I love the location of his studio and that all of his staff are super friendly. Our wedding package came with an engagement photo session, which I'm glad we took advantage of because it was good practice for the big day. Joey and Ethan were our photographers the day of, and they were so fun to work with. They were able to wrangle all of our 150 guests together to get an awesome group picture and even managed to get some sweet pictures of my dog. :) I've already received some blog preview photos and am in LOVE. I can't wait to see the rest!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

This is a wonderful group of photographers. We had Nate as ours and he truly knew how to photograph and direct a couple/bride to make sure we got the best wedding photographs possible. His edgy and beautiful style led us to the best results possible. I highly recommend Joey Ikemoto photography for your wedding!

• Damara

Damara · Married on 05/25/2018

Impressed!

Honestly, I could not have asked for more. From the Engagement photos session, to the getting ready, to the ceremony and reception: totally and completed thrilled with Joey and his assistants. They took the time to make sure I was comfortable, helped keep my two kids in check and even had a bridal emergency kit that came in super handy! I absolutely love my pictures. They even got my two year old son to smile in almost all the pictures. Super impressed!

Linda · Married on 05/22/2018

Joey and his team are absolutely amazing and went above and beyond for our wedding! My reception venue cancelled at the last minute and Joey called me with a list of other venues to try to save our day. I did not expect that at all and it was so kind of him to show that much concern! Our photographers on our wedding had great personalities and knew exactly how to interact with everyone to get the perfect shots. Their service and attention to detail had many of my guests wanting to know the name of our photographer before the event was over and they hadn’t even seen any of the photos yet! The images they captured are absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to have them take photos for our family in the future. If Joey Ikemoto is not your photographer yet, book him now! You will not regret it!

Micael · Married on 04/22/2018

When planning our wedding, the one thing that was so often said was: don't skimp on the photographer. Well, of course we knew we wanted to get the best that we could afford, and in looking at The Knot and after a recommendation from Wayfarer's Chapel (our venue), we decided to look at Joey's site; we were blown away And decided on Joey Ikemoto.
    What a terrific choice! Our photographer Sam was so sweet and patient and worked with our schedule and was so clever in how and where to take pictures of our special day.
    Now that our pics are ready, our family and friends can not stop saying how beautiful the shots are. I'm so so glad we chose to go with Joey.

Michelle · Married on 04/19/2018

Joey and his team are more than photographers. They are true artists. Joey captures moments that will surprise and delight you. Then he takes those photos and turns them into something extraordinary. Our wedding was unusual, because we are 80 and 70 years old. He captured the joy we share, and the love coming from our children and grandchildren. He also captured something that can't be conveyed in words - the tenderness of two people in the autumn of life, finding a very special love. We can't say enough about how happy we are with his work.

Erica · Married on 04/15/2018

If you don't read any further, just know that Joey and his team will capture spectacular images from your wedding! The whole process was seamless and easy with Joey, and we couldn't be happier with our initial previews. We found Joey's initial consultation and wedding day timeline super helpful. On the day of our wedding Joey and Ethan were prompt, professional and genuinely fun to work with. They helped bring out the best shots in each situation and we have had several guests comment on what a great job both photographers did in capturing not only us (the bride and groom) but the entire event. We really feel like Joey listened to the specific photographs that we wanted. We wanted a mix of artistic shots around our venue and photo journalistic pictures of the event, and Joey nailed it. Our preview shots are up on his blog and they are truly amazing. Hiring Joey and his team was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We couldn't be more pleased!

Katy · Married on 03/24/2018

Joey and his team are great, I wouldn't recommend anyone else. From the beginning to end they were very professional, patient and kind. Joey sat down with us prior to the wedding and we created the day of photography itinerary. I was very impressed with the detail and the questions he was asking to make sure he captured everything special. For example my sister played the viola during mass and he made sure to add these types of details to the itinerary so the photographer could capture these moments. Joey also cares for his clients, we met a lot of vendors that only cared about the money and not the customer.

Henry was our photographer the day of the wedding. My husband and I are very happy with his professionalism, talent and preparedness; he even knew how to put my veil back on! Henry kept us on track during the day and the timeline and events we had set during the sit down with Joey, was exactly what happened. Weddings are very stressful and I was happy that the photography wasn't an issue and everything we planned happened exactly like it was suppose to. For any other major special occasion I will definitely be hiring Joey and his staff; they're the best!

Jenny · Married on 03/10/2018

Joey Ikemoto and his associates are AWESOME! We loved how they captured all the different components of our wedding (ceremony, receptions and pre/post wedding family pictures). The blog photos are spectacular and we can’t wait to see the rest of them. He also did an amazing job on our engagement shoot and he definitely delivered with the ideas we were going for with the nature theme. The wedding photos also had a ton of great ideas that he and his team came up with. He also prepared in advance an itinerary in case it rains, which definitely came in handy. Joey, Henry plus Joey’s son are great and made everyone feel comfortable and their photos came out beautiful! Joey was really good with our flower girl and ring bearer; he also made the adults laugh with his bubbles and funny impressions. Fun, lively and gorgeous photos, we are grateful to have Joey Ikemoto and associates do our engagement and wedding photos!! ^_^

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 16

Lucero · Married on 02/10/2018

The service was incredible from the beginning to the very last minute. Their vast experience provided us with a detailed outline of our wedding overview to prepare us for the big day. Therefore, it was flawless on our wedding day, Sam went beyond by helping us in anything we needed when they were taking pictures. Sam and Austin did a spectacular job from their professionalism to taking ample photographs for us to select for our album . I would most definitely select them for future events and highly recommend their service.

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 17
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 18
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 19
    Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 20

Patricia · Married on 11/21/2017

Joey Ikemoto Studios was my first choice (and should be yours!) when selecting a wedding photographer for my big day in 2017. The images produced by their team are some of the most striking you will find. Our photographer, Sam (and his assistant), displayed phenomenal talent, organization and service! Levi and I SO appreciate the artistry and professionalism displayed by Joey Ikemoto Studios. Our entire nuptial experience was improved by selecting them- from prompt communication and budgeting to planning our itinerary in their cozy offices- it is easy to see why they are such awarded experts in their field. We had several young children in the wedding and they handled that in stride as well! I loved that some of your photos are displayed on their website blog for family and friends to see, which was awesome since a lot of our family is in Alaska and couldn’t attend. The amazing things captured forever in frame on our special day make me feel like my dream wedding was finally realized and forever immortalized. To the entire staff @ Joey Ikemoto Studios: THANK YOU and Much Love!!
    Patricia and Levi Coman

Joey Ikemoto Photography Inc. 21

Robert · Married on 11/18/2017

We could not be happier with Joey Ikemoto’s photography. Joey and his team made the entire process smooth and enjoyable. Their years of experience really shine through everything from the photos themselves to how they interacted with our guests and the wedding party.

When my now wife first discovered and suggested Joey Ikemoto Photography, I was very hesitant. After sitting down and speaking with Joey and meeting some of his team all my hesitation went out the window. Joey explained how everything worked, broke down a timetable, described how his equipment was a par above everyone else and really proved to us his price. After that, we were sold. When the time came, they delivered.

We had Sam and Nathan with us on our wedding day. They arrived promptly at my soon to be bride’s hotel and began their work. Taking beautiful, elegant, and creative photos of her accessories, dress, and all of the prep work while never being “in the way” of her stylist and bridesmaids. Even with the flower girls, Sam and Nathan had them laughing a giggling and when the girls got distracted they busted out bubbles the capture their attention again. Once my Bride and her girls were dressed and ready, they captured beautiful moments in and around the hotel and really utilized the uniqueness of the environment they were in. Once at the Church then the reception Sam and Nathan continued to capture beautiful pictures. Excellent candid shots all over and even the ‘posed’ photos look amazing.

They had our pictures up on their blog extremely fast and had the photo’s for us to review faster than anyone else we knows photographers did. Overall we are extremely happy with Joey Ikemoto Photography and have/will recommend them to anyone looking for a quality photographer.

Shawtina · Married on 10/27/2017

I knew from the second Sam arrived to shoot my wedding I was in great hands. He is a photography genius and a wedding pro. He came into my wedding suite and totally took over (in the best way): knew what shots he needed, had a wedding hook to hang my dress, organized the details to capture everything so beautifully. Sam has the "eye" to arrange photos exactly as they need to be and the discipline and attention to detail to capture the moments you do not want to miss. I could not be more thrilled with my photos - they are just beautiful. I actually want to drive to Torrance and give Sam and the team at Joey Ikemoto the biggest hug. The photos are a dream come true and it was an absolute pleasure spending this very special day with Sam at Joey Ikemoto!

But dont take my word for it: http://blog.joeyikemoto.com/wayfarers-chapel-and-michaels-tuscany-room-san-pedro-wedding-anthony-shawtina/

Traci · Married on 10/22/2017

We got married at the Wayfarer's Chapel in October. We chose Joey & his colleagues for several reasons. We only needed someone to photograph the few hours of the wedding, and did not need an engagement session or reception coverage. They had a package that was super affordable to what we needed, which the other photographers could not provide, or would for a lot more money. They also have photographed the Wayfarer's chapel for years and knew how to work with the special lighting issues, building structures, the very limited time frame to get all the pics we needed and they knew exactly how to move us all around and use the spaces in the church to get the most beautiful spots. They all have a lot of training and education, and I believe do a lot of continued education to stay on top of their field, which was really reassuring. They have a beautiful website showcasing their best as well.
    We had Henry and his associate. We are not a typical couple, both being over 6'3 and me having a special request about not photographing a medical condition I have insecurities about. Henry was so professional, organized, knew how to work with everyone to make us feel comfortable, get what he needed, even from the kids, and worked really well with the church staff. He was so affirming to me about what I was worried about without having to go over again which can be so hard. I felt comfortable right off the bat which is such a big deal!
    On your special day, you only get one chance to get it right! You only get one chance to capture it the way you want. When the wedding was over and I reflected on the day, and all the things that were perfect, and all the little things that didn't go right. Henry and his crew nailed it without a doubt!!