Joel Lindsey Entertainment Reviews

134 | Pittsburgh, PA

134 Reviews for Joel Lindsey Entertainment

Becky Reeves · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Exactly what we wanted!

We loved working with Joel and Amy...the experience was exactly what we were looking for. They're flexible but they offer suggestions and have so much experience that their suggestions were greatly appreciated! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 02/14/2020

Hey Becky,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! :)
    All the best to you both,
    Joel and Amy

Kenzie P · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Very Accommodating!

My good friend, who happens to work at a Pittsburgh wedding venue, recommended Joel to me. Given that she's planned hundreds of wedding I knew that Joel would be perfect! Not only was he spectacular at DJing and singing acoustic during our cocktail hour, but he was also very accommodating in the nightmare that is the 2020 wedding season. We originally booked Joel for our May 2020 reception. A month before our original date we decided to move to Aug 2020 and Joel was able to switch over to our new date no problem and with no additional costs. Then a month before August we decided to move our indoor reception to a smaller intimate backyard reception. Again, Joel was very accommodating and made the adjustment with no issues! We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests about his live performance during cocktail hour and he played an amazing mix of music throughout the night. From pop and some oldies earlier in the night to some rap and hip hop later in the evening, every single guest was on the dance floor at one point in the night!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Joel Lindsey Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review. It was my pleasure to have provided services for your amazing wedding event! 😀
  • Shannon

Shannon Coyle · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Best Wedding DJ in the Pittsburgh Area!

Joel Lindsey is the most incredible wedding DJ you could ever hope to hire! He was amazing from start to finish! He is so talented! Beginning with my ceremony, he played guitar and sang. I always wanted to walk down the aisle to a specific song my husband and I like. Joel was able to learn it, and he made it sound incredible! He played live music through the entire cocktail hour. During dinner he play a live song or two in between recorded tracks. It was absolutely amazing and sounded so good! My Maid of Honor, who is getting married soon, leaned over during dinner and expressed how mad she was that she had already hired a different DJ for her wedding, because she now wanted Joel instead. Not only is he a talented musician, but when it came time to party, he got everyone on the dance floor!! Everyone had an amazing time at my wedding thanks to Joel. I had several people tell me they didn’t want the wedding to end because they were having so much fun! He blended dance songs, slow songs, and different genres perfectly! No one wanted to get off the dance floor! He also took control of the timeline of the wedding and made sure everything got done, like the bouquet and garter toss. He was organized, kind, and overall easy to work with. I cannot express enough about how amazing Joel Lindsey is as a wedding DJ and performer. I would highly recommend him! I was so lucky to have him as part of my wedding day.

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Gail

Gail Linton · Married on 09/10/2020

Amazing officiant!

Amy is absolutely amazing at her job. She made planning our wedding ceremony so easy and stress-free. She had so many options and recommendations for us to help make our ceremony directly reflect us as a couple. The day of our ceremony was a dream come true, she made us so comfortable. She is so thoughtful and eloquent. No matter what type of ceremony you are looking for, Amy will make it exactly how you want it, probably even better than you could have ever imagined. Thank you for everything Amy, we love working with you!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Joel Lindsey Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review. I loved working with you on your wedding. ❤

All the very best to you both,
    Amy
  • Emma

Emma Fazio · Married on 07/17/2020

Best choice you’ll ever make!

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Joel Lindsey recommended to us from a friend. We are SO lucky that she did! From the very beginning Joel was kind, enthusiastic, and incredibly organized. Not only does he DJ the reception like many other DJ’s but, unlike other DJs, he did so much more! He DJ’d our ceremony and then sang during our cocktail hour- acoustic and guitar. He has an amazing voice and a great knowledge of what music sounds good at each point in the wedding. We suggested songs we liked but we knew Joel had it from there. Prior to the wedding he put everything into a document that outlined our entire day! Last but not least he knew our timeline and guided us through it from the speeches to the introductions. He was so organized that the day of was carefree and so much fun! During such a uncertain time in this world, you need to know the vendors care about your big day as much as you do and that’s what Joel provided for us. Thank you Joel!

Videographer!
    I wrote a review about amazing Joel was and I wanted to add about Michael's videographer skills! My now husband and I didn't meet Mike until the day of because we booked through Joel Entertainment. He did not disappoint! He made sure to get multiple angles and moments during all of the critical parts of our wedding- taking photos with family and bridal party, details of the venue, speeches, ceremony, and of course the reception! He also interviewed some of our family and guests. Since having a wedding in 2020 brought so many changes we LOVE hearing the interviews. Once we saw the final product we were in awe! He sent us clear instructions on how to save the videos and provided a short version aligned with two of our favorite songs and a long version that included our full ceremony and speeches and fun behind the scenes of our wedding. On the day of Mike was so nice and easy to work with. We LOVE the videos and will cherish them forever! It may feel weird booking someone without meeting them but trust Joel! It was a great decision! Thank you Mike!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Joel Lindsey Entertainment's reply:

Thanks again for taking the time to write us this terrific review. We really appreciate it! All the best to you both. :)
  • Kelly

Kelly Moore · Married on 06/19/2020

Hire Him ASAP!

Joel was the perfect musical addition to our wedding and our planning process. He was a wonderful presence to have throughout our planning process, postponement process, and then process of moving venues!

He had to handle weather changes, having THREE different “set ups” (ceremony space, dinner space, and reception space) after we changed venues, and tons of emails from us getting it all figured out.

He took it all in stride and was able to recommend things and work with us.

He is an incredibly talented musician and dj. He’s also just an all-round good guy and an amazing vendor to have on your team.

Now on to Amy. She is also amazing! We are so glad we found Joel, as he, of course, lead us to Amy.

We vibed with her instantly and through only a few emails and a zoom call she prepared a ceremony that was so “us” it was as if she’d known us for years!

We received so many compliments from guests on her ceremony, words, and her overall presence.

As soon as she arrived she found us, and came up with a game plan and informed us of things that hadn’t even crossed our minds.

It’s no wonder this duo found each other, they are perfect!

Hire them for ANYTHING! You will be so happy you did.

Thank you for everything, Joel and Amy!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Mary

Mary Albrethsen · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing acoustic performer and DJ

Joel was absolutely amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process and on the wedding day. He was in constant communication with us since the day I booked, and even went above and beyond to learn a new acoustic song which he performed for my father-daughter dance. He had a very detailed wedding timeline spreadsheet that he helped us fill out prior to the wedding, and used it to make sure that the wedding went smoothly and all the events happened on time during the whole night. We loved his live music that he performed during the cocktail hour, dinner, and father-daughter dance. He is a very talented artist on top of being a great DJ. He kept a crowd on the dance floor and helped to keep the energy up the whole night. Joel is a great choice to book because he provides the best of both worlds - live music and DJ services. We also used him for uplighting which looked beautiful in our outdoor tent during the reception. I would highly recommend Joel.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Shawn

Shawn Lanahan · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

Joel was charismatic, understanding, and extremely helpful from Day One! He is such a joy to work with and is a master of his craft. Personalizing some special moments of our wedding was something we considered important, and he was able to perfect these moments while making sure we honored those who are close to our heart. He's an amazing talent, and absolutely 100% recommended!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Laura Grimm · Married on 06/29/2019

You will not be disappointed!

Joel provides an unparalleled level of customer service. He is extremely easy to work with and super organized to make event planning that much easier!

We loved that he was willing to play a mixture of acoustic songs as well as DJ. He was extremely entertaining and kept our wedding on schedule. Most importantly he kept the dance floor PACKED!!

You will not be disappointed with Joel. Genuinely all around great guy and even better performer/DJ/MC. We are confident our day would not have been as good with anyone else.

Sent on 08/24/2019

K. Stauber · Married on 06/08/2019

Couldn’t have been more helpful, went way beyond what was required to make the day special

I’m the MOH in a wedding Joel was working. My requests were above and beyond what he had signed up for - he mixed me a track from scratch per request, was extremely quick in responding, and was too helpful to describe. Should I ever trap a warm body into marrying me I will without question he giving Joel a ring. Friendly + professional!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney Barclay · Married on 06/08/2019

Best DJ/officiant duo I've ever came across!

Joel Lindsey Entertainment is an unmatched service - Joel did acoustics/guitar for our ceremony and DJed the reception, while his wife, Amy, was the officiant for the ceremony. Joel and Amy were extremely responsive and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. They took the time and effort to personalize our entire day down to the small details. The day of the wedding they both brought my husband and I so much comfort through their calm attitudes and ability to make changes on the fly. Together they worked as a team that helped to streamline the day. I cannot thank them both enough for making our ceremony elegant, yet exciting and our reception classy, yet one giant party!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Dan

Dan Gould · Married on 06/01/2019

Thank you Amy!

Amy Lindsey was such an amazing part of our wedding. We chose Amy as our officiant after doing extensive research, reading reviews and watching videos. When we first decided that Amy was the one, she sent us an extensive google doc with options for each part of our ceremony. This really helped us make sure we had the ability to personalize our ceremony.

Amy has a certain way about her that can't be explained until you meet her. Amy has a great personality that put us at ease during our first meeting to run through our ceremony. Being that we were planning our wedding from out of state, we only had a few dates to meet and discuss details. When we met with Amy at Penn Brewery for a beer she came ready and organized, was ready to answer all of our questions. She asked a bunch of questions about us, our dog (who was in the ceremony), and was extremely knowledgeable about the entire process.

Day of, Amy was on-point. She was so excited and happy. She had a way of leading our ceremony and received so many compliments from our guests. She had so many great ideas for the ceremony (wine box, flowers for moms/grandma) that made it perfect. After our wedding ceremony was complete, she took care of finalizing all of the paperwork and sent our marriage license out in the mail for us. From start to finish, Amy was amazing. We recommend you choose Amy to lead your ceremony.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Dan G · Married on 06/01/2019

Violinist exceeded expectations

This is my second review for Joel Lindsey Entertainment. This time - for John our violinist. John was AWESOME! He provided music for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. For the ceremony, he played an amazing version of Billy Joel’s “She’s Got a Way” along with other great selections. For the cocktail hour, John played a great mix of newer and older music while our guests chatted and mingled. We could not have asked for anything more! Definitely recommend John for your event!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/25/2019

A Lucky Turn of Events

We found Joel after running into issues with the DJ we had found earlier. He was so easy to work with, accommodating and nice! He went out of his way to make our wedding day so amazing and I feel lucky that we found him.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Leah

Leah Fennema · Married on 04/27/2019

Officiating Services

Amy officiated our wedding in April at the Pittsburgh Botanical Garden and the service was absolutely perfect. Amy spent time with us in advance to meet with us in person to better understand our vision for the ceremony. Amy was incredibly responsive and helpful in finalizing the details and met with us for the rehearsal to ensure everything went smoothly.

The actual ceremony could not have been more perfect. Not only the words, but Amy’s demeanor and presence were amazing. She was so genuine and kind and truly captured who we are as a couple and gave meaningful advice on a lasting marriage. We had more people tell us how beautiful and memorable the service was and it would not have been possible without Amy. We HIGHLY recommend Amy for officiating your ceremony!!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Michael Jones · Married on 04/06/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Joel is the best DJ around! He is so good with answering phone calls and questions. He made the night so much fun and I couldn't be happier. My guest loved him also and haven't stopped talking about how amazing he was!!! If you can, add Bob on also for a violinist. He was amazing!!!!

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • AF412

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Joel & Amy were absolutely amazing to work with! We used Amy as our Wedding Officiant and Joel for our Ceremony & Cocktail music, as well as uplighting.
    They were both so friendly & helpful from the beginning planning stages all the way to the Big Day! Every detail was covered. We are soooo happy to have chose them. I’m sad we missed Joel’s cocktail hour music, but friends and family say it was fantastic! I can’t imagine our wedding without them. We would highly recommend Joel Lindsey Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Kristy Opferman · Married on 03/08/2019

Perfect touch

Joel is amazing! He was so easy to work with, very fast with responding to emails and very helpful with song choices. When it came to the day of our wedding, he sang during the ceremony and during cocktail hour. He was so amazing. Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about how much they really enjoyed him! He is definitely that something extra you need to add to your day!! We can not thank him enough for his services on our perfect day!!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Jennifer Rinkevich · Married on 02/09/2019

Simply Amazing

If you would like your wedding celebration to be personal, classy, and unique, you need Joel Lindsey. Along with John, who we included as a violinist, our day was simply amazing. First, with so many tough to pronounce names, he took the time to make sure he had them just right. Second, he read the crowd like a professional and kept people dancing all night. Last, but not least, Joel and John's playing and singing was simply beautiful. As live music fans, we were looking for a special touch and they certainly did not disappoint. From learning a few new songs for our wedding, to playing selected live pieces throughout the night, everything was just perfect. Our guests continue to rave about our wedding, often times citing Joel's presence as a main reason that the event was so elegant and beautiful.

Sent on 02/27/2019

Ashlee S · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible!

Joel was nothing short of amazing. Our wedding was huge (over 400 guests) and our bridal party was huge (22 of us total!!) He provided the perfect night with every single piece of it flowing seamlessly and perfectly. The dance fooor was never empty and the vibes from our wedding were incredible. He just kept the party rolling. I cannot recommend him enough. He is kind, amazing at what he does and makes you feel on top of the world. The best wedding DJ hands down. We have received so many compliments about him and about how much fun the music and dancing was. I can never say thank you enough Joel!!! We are so grateful that we were able to have him be our DJ!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Casey · Married on 10/19/2018

Joel is amazing! So professional!

Joel is amazing! Very professional. So easy to work with. He offers many many other sevices( such as playing acoustic guitar and signing, bringing in other musicians if needed such as violins, uplighting etc) He keeps the flow of the evening. Perfect evening.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jessica Budisky · Married on 10/13/2018

DJ/Officiant

Joel Lindsey Entertainment made our wedding day so special. Amy and Joel created a beautiful custom ceremony. I cannot tell you how easy both of them are to work with and how many compliments we received on our ceremony and music. Both of them are so knowledgeable about weddings and really helped us plan ours. Joel kept the dance floor packed all night and the party lively. I highly recommend these two if you are planning your wedding. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2018

Joel was absolutely phenomenal the day of our wedding! We had him play at our cocktail hour and reception. We did a mix of some live music and DJ’d music. The DJ’d music was exactly what we wanted and really got our guests on the dance floor! It was such a blast! Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2018

I can't wait for our wedding! Joel and Amy have been very friendly extremely helpful and responsive! I am so excited to work with them on our wedding day. They have helped us tailor everything from beginning to end. So that the day reflects us. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Jason · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot express how happy we are to have selected Joel and his wife for our wedding and reception. The venue coordinator was a disaster. Joel and Amy picked up the slack to make it run smoothly and made everything beautiful and helped us create memories that will last a lifetime. I couldn’t imagine our wedding without them. If you’re able to have them available to book for your wedding or event, don’t pass it up. You won’t be disappointed. Very wonderful people that are extremely talented and reliable.

Thank you very much.