Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician Reviews

32 | Richmond, VA

32 Reviews for Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician

Hilary Gram · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing singer and guitarist!

Jocelyn was absolutely amazing and we can't recommend her enough. She played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and received rave reviews from all of our guests. She learned two new songs for our ceremony and was extremely easy to work with. Thank you, Jocelyn!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Ariana · Married on 07/28/2018

Jocelyn was so incredible.. she played live music and DJed our wedding in 3 different locations. She also mixed our first dance song mash up for us. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She was perfect!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Lindsay · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Jocelyn! She did an incredible job at our wedding and I seriously could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out! She took what I gave her in our conversations and did exactly what we discussed! She has an amazing talent and brings so much passion for music with her! She is a must have at a wedding!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

Thanks Lindsay! I'm so glad I could be a part of your wedding!
  • Terry & Mark

Terry · Married on 11/04/2017

Jocelyn played at our wedding celebration and she was amazing! She has an extensive repertoire and was able to sing as well as provide recorded versions of the music we requested. She also suggested some perfect songs for our processional, recessional and departure. Jocelyn even coordinated long distance with a young friend of ours whose gift to us was to sing a special song for our first dance. Jocelyn is a true professional, and she offered valuable input as we were mapping out the flow of our event. In addition to being a talented performer with a beautiful voice, she is warm and engaging with the crowd. I’ve been a fan of hers for years, and it was an absolute joy to have her be part of our special day. Thank you, Jocelyn!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

Thanks so much Terry! It was an honor for you to ask me to be at your wedding. I had a great time playing for you and your guests!

Sydney · Married on 10/29/2017

Jocelyn is AMAZING. Hands down, having Jocelyn at the wedding was the best investment we made and I would tell anyone considering her to not hesitate a single second before contacting her. I could not have asked for a more positive experience working with her. She was so friendly and easy-going. She was sure to take even the most nuanced preferences into account such as how to introduce us as a couple and who all our family members and bridal party were. We had her from pre-ceremony through reception and I was so glad that we picked that option because we were able to have her facilitate our chosen recorded songs for the ceremony while also entertaining our guests during pre-ceremony since we ran late to our wedding! Now, if she was the friendliest person in the world, but a bad musician, I would not be writing this review. However, she is an incredible musician! We received endless praise and compliments from our guests throughout the day for Jocelyn's talent. She also had an amazing song list of a broad range of styles and then would also "DJ" specific songs we wanted to listen to as well. She went the extra mile and actually learned a song for our reception, so my wife could dance to a cheesy 80s song she's been wanting to dance to for 2 decades, but Jocelyn was able to make it sound contemporary. She also worked with my sister to surprise me with a rapped toast. Even down to the simple things like billing and payment was made easy and could be done online, which made my life easier. Thank you so much, Jocelyn!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

Sydney and Mandy! You two are so much fun! Your wedding was amazingly beautiful and I was honored to be a part of your day :) Hope to see you both soon!

rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

Jocelyn is fantastic! She’s cheerful, friendly and boy can she sing! I am so glad she was available to sing for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Everyone raved about her and loved the special touch she added to our wedding day.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

Thanks Rebecca! I had a great time at your wedding and what a gorgeous day it was!! Thanks for hiring me :)
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Jocelyn,
    Where do I even begin? You were one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. The guests couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful performance you gave us. The pre-ceremony, ceremony, social hour, and reception music was absolutely beautiful. Your performance of "our" song that you learned "I Belong to You" by Brandi Carlisle will live in my heart forever. Thank you for your professionalism, your talent, and sharing yourself with us on our day!
    We wish you all the best
    Stephanie and Christina Mitchell

Sent on 11/07/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie and Christina, it was my pleasure! What a beautiful day and a beautiful couple (and I loved the pictures!) I wish you two all the best and hope to see you again soon!

Carolyn · Married on 10/08/2017

WOW. Jocelyn is amazing!! We hired Jocelyn to provide music for our whole wedding - pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and through the reception. She provided a mix of live music and "DJ'ed" music throughout the evening. She is a gem to work with - polite, professional, friendly, warm, easy-going - and she is a treat to listen to. Jocelyn's voice is beautiful and she is so talented. She has a wide range of songs on her song list and is very open to requests. Her equipment is top-notch and she presents professionally, but with a fun, engaging attitude that people immediately warm to. So many of our guests commented how wonderful she is and how much they enjoyed listening to her. If you are looking for live music, Jocelyn is an amazing choice. Having her at our wedding set the mood and made the whole evening really shine.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Jocelyn Oldham Wedding Musician's reply:

What a kind review, thanks Carolyn. You were so fun to work with and I know I will see you and your family again soon! Thanks for all the love and support!

Brenda · Married on 06/03/2017

Jocelyn is just amazing! She played this past weekend for my daughter's wedding. She played at the welcome party, the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Her talent is amazing! Everyone raved about how wonderful she was. She had fun singing to the little ones that were dancing all night! Her voice is so beautiful! Her singing and playing at the ceremony was so perfect! I can't say enough good things about our experience with Jocelyn!!!

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 12/31/2016

Jocelyn played at our welcome party. She is SO talented and was such fun performer! she even let my husband and cousin sing a song towards the end of the night! All of our guests really enjoyed her. she provided the perfect atmosphere for our party.

Jocelyn was very responsive and easy to work with. I first
    contacted her at peak wedding
    season and she was really good about letting me know when to expect to hear from her at greater length. She has a great, diverse set list and was even willing to learn a song for us!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Josh · Married on 10/09/2016

My wife and I could not have been more happy with Jocelyn. She looked Hurricane Matthew in the eyes and laughed in its face when others would have cancelled. Seriously, she brought her generator, played her heart out, and made our event something we will never forget. Musically, she is everything advertised and so much more; an extraordinary talent who is amicable, kind, and great fun for duets and requests. Her performance with our friends for our special song is a memory we'll both cherish.

Again, we cannot recommend her enough, as she is an extraordinary talent who more than stepped up in every way imaginable. Thank you so much for everything you do!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Andrew · Married on 09/18/2016

Jocelyn is absolutely awesome! Booked her for our wedding and we could not have been happier. We were able to pick all the songs we wanted her to play. She showed up and was ready to go even before our wedding planner showed up. Moreover, she's a great musician, and would not hesitate to hire her again for any event.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Jocelyn made our special day absolutely perfect! Her voice is outstanding! Great for our wedding at Celebrations.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Diane · Married on 09/10/2016

Joycelyn was such a pleasure to have at our neighborhood annual party. She was engaging with her audience, responsive to our requests for music and innovative with her interpretation of familiar tunes!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Allison · Married on 09/04/2016

Jocelyn is simply amazing. We had heard her perform prior to our wedding and knew we had to have her. She performed for our wedding ceremony and sang a selection of songs we picked out while our guests were arriving. Everyone loved it and commented after on how great she was. Having someone performing a song rather than just instrumentals as you are walking down the aisle has so much more emotion behind it. It was such a great experience and I would recommend it to any bride. Working with Jocelyn was so easy as she is a true professional. If you want to entertain your guests and have a memorable ceremony, then you need Jocelyn.

Sent on 09/20/2016

John · Married on 08/31/2016

Yes! Perfect ratings across the board!

There are so many things to say about Jocelyn, but first some background information.

I found myself in the planning stages of a special evening with the purpose of proposing to my partner. I knew that music had to be a part of it. I spent a considerable amount of time online researching singers that also played guitar. I was mostly underwhelmed with the people I reviewed. It was important to me to find someone who had a distinct voice, skilled at guitar, had an extensive song list and was professional. And then, I came across Jocelyn's website. I knew immediately after listening to her version of Nora Jones' "Come Away with Me" that this would be the musician that would ensure my evening would be memorable.

I reached out to Jocelyn and she promptly responded. I shared some of my initial ideas of the evening with her and she was so enthusiastic. She even offered up a few suggestions on how to enhance the lead up to the big moment. I found her to be extremely responsive and collaborative.

Before my partner and I arrived, Jocelyn set-up her equipment and assisted with final touches to the room. She even coordinated with hotel management to fix the air conditioning in the room. She was keen on making sure the evening would be magical.

And then, her performance...

She is extremely talented. That voice! You'll want to simply sit down in front of her, in awe, and listen to her for hours.

If you're a music lover and have a discerning ear, you'll want to hire Jocelyn. She's incredibly talented, professional, dependable and is an all around delight.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Mary · Married on 07/12/2016

Jocelyn was extremely flexible in her scheduling for our neighborhood event. She brings her own acoustic equipment and can be readily setup for outdoor or indoor venues. Her music is easy listening and allowed for conversation during cocktails. Jocelyn's voice is outstanding, and when attendees felt like dancing she was happy to oblige with upbeat numbers. Given her wide repertoire, you can't go wrong in hiring her.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

Jocelyn was a dream come true for our wedding! Words cannot describe how beautiful her voice is - even our caterer called later to tell me how much they enjoyed listening to her! And every single guest was amazed as they listened to her!

Her response to questions was immediate, she made an effort to meet us beforehand (even though we do not live in her immediate area) and she learned a very special song for our day.

She made our day complete and perfect and there aren't enough words to describe how grateful we were that she helped us celebrate our day!

Sent on 06/16/2016

If you're looking for professionalism, talent, and a unique music style for your event, Jocelyn is it. As an event planner I work with musicians of all skill levels, all experience levels, and have seen it all. Jocelyn is absolutely fantastic to work with and I would strongly recommend her for any wedding, private event, or corporate function. I'm officially a fan!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Dan · Married on 04/30/2016

Hiring Jocelyn to play/sing at our wedding cocktail hour/ceremony/reception in Washington, D.C. was the single best decision we made to make the night special. If you're looking for an incredible talent who is super easy to work with and will add so much value to your event, hire Jocelyn now! We cannot adequately express how much we were impressed, not only with Jocelyn's playing ability and her incredible voice, but also how responsive and customer service oriented she was throughout the entire process. She was flexible to our needs and willingly learned our wedding song and always promptly responded to our numerous and probably repetitive phone calls/emails regarding play lists. On the night of the event, Jocelyn arrived early to ensure the music went through both our indoor/outdoor areas in what was a very difficult venue to cover. We had multiple family members and friends comment on how much they enjoyed Jocelyn's variety of music and incredible singing and guitar playing. For those of you getting married and knowing how it feels that some vendors just see your special night as dollar signs, you will not have that feeling with Jocelyn, nor will you regret for a moment hiring her. She is a standout performer as well as a true service oriented professional. We wholeheartedly recommend her to you!! Feel free to contact me at (602) 540-7032 and I would be happy to provide you with any additional information on just how terrific Jocelyn was throughout the planning and event.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Shirley · Married on 12/13/2015

Organizing & orchestrating many events in & around Williamsburg, Va for the past 10 years, I've booked Jocelyn Oldham many, many times to the continuous delight of all who hear her perform! There's no one with a more angelic, crystal clear voice, with greater song variety, who could be more flexible than her. She's a perfect fit for a super formal or casual wedding or any event you can imagine!

Sent on 03/22/2016

Jamie · Married on 11/21/2015

I could not possibly be happier with Jocelyn and the outstanding performance she delivered at my wedding reception. We found her online and decided to drive down from DC to Richmond to watch one of her gigs. We hired her on the spot. Over the next couple of months leading up to the wedding, she was always super responsive. She felt more like a dear friend and an honored guest at my wedding - that's how awesome this lady is.

I received so many compliments on her throughout the evening. She was absolutely great with the crowd! Her playlist is very extensive, her equipment is top-of-the line, and her voice is just "beauty."

If you want the absolute best from the early planning stage all the way to the last song and dance, you MUST hire Jocelyn.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Jocelyn is amazing! She can sing anything. Her voice is beautiful. She has tricks that make sound like there are 5 people singing instead of 1. We loved having her at our ceremony. We hope to book her again for a party. She is also very responsive, always on time and very professional. She is everything you want for your ceremony.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Matt · Married on 10/09/2015

Jocelyn performed on two separate occasions for my wife and I. I booked her to play our song when I proposed to my wife in Williamsburg, VA. She was a lot of help and even made a video for us to share with our family and friends. She did an amazing job and even made us both shed a few tears with her voice.

We booked her for our wedding to play during the ceremony as well as cocktail hour. She played her ukulele during the ceremony and set up for the cocktail hour at the reception with no issues. She once again did an amazing job and we received a bunch of compliments on her performance.

Thank you so much, Jocelyn and we will recommend you to as many people as we can!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/26/2015

My husband and I booked Jocelyn for our wedding in September of 2015. We used her for both the ceremony and reception. We had heard Jocelyn perform at several venues in the area and her talent is just incredible. We were also able to talk to her at those events and were captivated! We just had to have her instead of a boring "cookie cutter" DJ. Jocelyn was a thrill to work with and even learned a new song just for our special day. She couldn't have done a better job with it!

Communication with her for booking, planning, and execution was flawless. She is polite, professional, and just an absolute joy to work with.

On the big day, she was prompt, fully prepared, and delivered a knock-out performance!! Rain changed the performance from outdoors to indoors, but you would have never known with how smooth of a transition Jocelyn made. The venue was intimate with about 50 attendees and people were floored with her beautiful voice!

For those that get a chance to see her perform, GO DO IT!! And just remember, if you are planning an event with music, keep Jocelyn in mind. It will provide memories that won't be forgotten!!!

Sent on 03/13/2016