JMV Entertainment Reviews

JMV Entertainment 7
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 09/01/2019

Best wedding band ever!

And it’s not just me saying that! Thought the night, all our guests came up to us saying JMV was the best wedding band they had ever heard. They kept the energy high and everyone on the dance floor ALL NIGHT! Malynda was a joy to work with and the whole crew exceeded every expectation!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    JMV Entertainment 8
    JMV Entertainment 9

Anna · Married on 05/25/2019

Best band ever!

JMV Entertainment provided the best band ever to our wedding! We ended up going with the Red Letter Players, who were professional, amazing in performance and definitely rocked the house! We got so many compliments on the music at our wedding and would definitely consider using them again for future events. If you're looking for a kickass band to liven things up, lots of fun music and people that are responsive, professional and helpful during the (at times) madness that can be wedding planning, you've come to the right place. Thank you so much guys!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Alisha · Married on 10/13/2018

Best band ever!

JMV was amazing! The Red Letter Players played at our wedding and they were hands down the highlight of the night! JMV handled the ceremony, cocktail hour, and even emceed. Malynda dealt with all my questions and communicated with me throughout the process. They were so professional and entertaining. EVERYONE loved them! Our wedding was even more perfect because of the band!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Topher · Married on 06/16/2018

Everybody RAVED about this band. Look no further, and hire JMV for your wedding or event. Music was the single most important aspect of our wedding, working in entertainment and music ourselves. We spent months interviewing and perusing bands to find the best group of musicians. And we sure found them! JMV / Red Letter Players floored everybody with their performance. We hired a ten piece band (four vocalists, two horns, and the core-four rock instruments), and they had everyone on the dance floor as soon as our grand entrance and first dance ended, and our guests were on their feet through the very last encore. They are a wildly talented group of young, attractive, and energetic vocalists and musicians. Each and every one of them is a star. Now the one thing that people don't tell you when you're planning a wedding (but should) is how non-responsive, disorganized, and unprofessional vendors can be. Let's face it, there isn't much repeat business in this industry! So vendors think - why care about customer service? And certainly why would anyone bother to go the extra mile for inquiring clients? This was exactly the issue we had when interviewing overpriced groups (like West Coast Music), who could quite honestly care less about your wedding, or you as an individual, and clearly only about their bottom line. That is not at all the case with Malynda Hale and JMV. Malynda was honestly the single most professional, kindest, and organized vendor we dealt with throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was sure to answer every question we had in a timely manner, was open to every musical idea and direction we'd planned for our day, graciously worked with our budget, and was incredibly accommodating and user-friendly to our venue and the rest of our vendor team. I cannot say enough great things about Malynda. She is truly a class act, warm, big hearted, and a spirited entrepreneur. Malynda made the entire process leading up to our wedding fun and enjoyable, and w

Sent on 07/10/2018

Sherwin · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough about the Red Letter Players! We had a 600+ guest wedding and they knew exactly how to accommodate for us. Everyone was raving about their performance and I'm still getting inquiries about them! We had a 6 piece band which included 2 vocalists. Everything sounded so good and really set the vibe for the entire night. Malynda is super easy to work with and you can tell she is very experienced. Great value, great performance, great sound system, very professional - I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Nicholas · Married on 07/22/2017

JMV Entertainment was incredible!

Sent on 12/12/2017
    JMV Entertainment 10
    JMV Entertainment 11
    JMV Entertainment 12

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

This band is amazing!! Everyone at my reception was talking about how amazing they were. I really wanted a band for my wedding but so many of the bands I looked at were well above my budget. Not only is JMV entertainment fairly/reasonably priced (for live music and compared to other LA/OC bands) but the talent is incredible! Malynda, the owner, was very responsive to emails and was really easy to work with. She also provided ceremony musicians for me and cocktail hour musicians. This was a one-stop shop for me for all wedding-music related things. I highly recommend this band. Don't spend the money on one of the ridiculously overpriced bands, JMV entertainment is fabulous and at a fair price point!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Diane · Married on 04/22/2017

I hired JMV Entertainment for a reception and they provided an excellent band ,The Red Letter Players. The service was accommodating , professional, and affordable. The band played music from various genres that appealed to all of the guests across generations. I highly recommend JMV Entertainment for your events.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Drexel · Married on 04/22/2017

Malynda and her team at JMV Entertainment has been nothing but a joy to work with! Her band and staff were amazing, professional, and not bad on the eyes. Any one looking to book entertainment, whether for a wedding, shower, gathering or anything will not be disappointed! Book them today!

Sent on 04/27/2017

John · Married on 04/22/2017

My fiancée and I looked at tons of wedding bands across California, and JMV Entertainment was always at the top of our list. They took care of all the details, knew the answers to questions we didn't even think of, and our guests STILL rave about The Red Letter Players playing our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They're one of the best bands I've seen perform, and I got all the credit from our guests (and new in-laws!) for knocking the selection of live entertainment for our wedding out of the park. Could not recommend more highly!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Kevin · Married on 04/15/2017

Amazing band and very easy to work with! Guests had an awesome time!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Jon · Married on 04/01/2017

The red letter players played at our wedding on 4/1/2017 in Palm Springs and were amazing! Malynda and her band were so easy to work with and extremely reasonably priced compared to their competition. She worked with me through selection of lead singers and she was the female vocalist on our wedding day - extremely talented all around. We had an acoustic guitarist play for the ceremony who performed the exact versions of the song we requested. We had an 8 piece band (the usual 6 plus 2 horns) play for the reception, and they killed it! People couldn't stop talking about the band all night and into the next day. Thanks so much for the amazing music and energy on our wedding day, Malynda and team. We can't wait to refer you for other parties in SoCal!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Namona · Married on 10/22/2016

If you're looking for a band that is professional and and knows how to keep a party going at your wedding reception, then JMV Entertainment is the company for you! My friends and family are still talking about it! Thanks JMV for making our reception an event to remember!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Elena · Married on 04/22/2017

Our reception was absolute MAGIC! This was due in large part to the Red Letter Players band from JMV Entertainment. We cannot say enough positive things about their lively energy, creative playfulness with our guests, AMAZING sound, and professionalism to work with. After hearing them play at a demo a couple months before our wedding we knew instantly this is the band we wanted for our outdoor beach wedding. We provided a list of songs we loved and some must-plays but they truly curated the playlist to our guests energy the night of and even snuck in a few surprises for us that made the night even more memorable. At one point they called me and all my bridesmaids up to sing "California Gurls" on stage which was a huge hit and very fun gift to my girls. During "Shake It Off" they organized a dance-off between boys and girls on the dance floor which was hilarious and all my guests still talk about how epic it was. They even called up our best friend who is a singer to join them on stage to sing one of our favorite songs: "Let's Stay Together" as well as my cousin to play the drums - truly a band of all trades! Thank you thank you thank you JMV! We adore you!

Sent on 12/28/2017