JMV Entertainment Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Amy M. Married on 10/01/2021

Fantastic Entertainment

Working with JMV was fantastic from start to finish. Malynda is professional, knowledgable and accommodating. I work with a lot of musicians and the musicians at JMV are the best of the best. I will keep going back for entertainment for all of my events!
    Matthew K. Married on 07/22/2021

Fantastic, all around wedding band & entertainment

We had a great experience with JMV and the Red Letter Players and would highly recommend them, primarily due to a) ease of planning, b) comprehensive audio/music coverage, and C) they are a stellar band that kept the dance floor rocking all night.

A) Malynda and the JMV Team were easy to work with, helpful, and flexible from our initial contracting, to multiple COVID date/location changes, to finalizing our song list and detailed minute by minute wedding day plans.

B) We loved that JMV covered all our music and audio duties throughout the evening. They were able to provide a violinist/cellist & audio for our ceremony, jazz duo for the cocktail hour, 9 piece band, DJing during the band break, and emcee services throughout the night.

C) They kept the dance floor rocking and surpassed our already high expectations. Vocalists are what sets good bands apart from great ones, and the Red Letter Players' combinations of singers was able to hit all the right notes on a wide variety of songs. Adding in the horns gave the band a big stage feel and brought motown classics to life. Additionally, they really knew how to pace the sets, transition seamlessly from one song to next, and keep the audience engaged all night.

Many of our guests commented that the band was a true highlight of the wedding and the best band they'd ever heard at a wedding. We're now looking for excuses to throw another huge party and hire them again.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 04/24/2021

Truly an incredible Band and Company

The dance floor at my clients wedding was NEVER empty. This band knows what they are doing and it showed. Easy to work with owner, female owned, and full of professional, friendly and accommodating musicians. Could not recommend them more!
    Anna Married on 05/25/2019

Best band ever!

JMV Entertainment provided the best band ever to our wedding! We ended up going with the Red Letter Players, who were professional, amazing in performance and definitely rocked the house! We got so many compliments on the music at our wedding and would definitely consider using them again for future events. If you're looking for a kickass band to liven things up, lots of fun music and people that are responsive, professional and helpful during the (at times) madness that can be wedding planning, you've come to the right place. Thank you so much guys!
    Alisha Married on 10/13/2018

Best band ever!

JMV was amazing! The Red Letter Players played at our wedding and they were hands down the highlight of the night! JMV handled the ceremony, cocktail hour, and even emceed. Malynda dealt with all my questions and communicated with me throughout the process. They were so professional and entertaining. EVERYONE loved them! Our wedding was even more perfect because of the band!!
    Topher Married on 06/16/2018
    Everybody RAVED about this band. Look no further, and hire JMV for your wedding or event. Music was the single most important aspect of our wedding, working in entertainment and music ourselves. We spent months interviewing and perusing bands to find the best group of musicians. And we sure found them! JMV / Red Letter Players floored everybody with their performance. We hired a ten piece band (four vocalists, two horns, and the core-four rock instruments), and they had everyone on the dance floor as soon as our grand entrance and first dance ended, and our guests were on their feet through the very last encore. They are a wildly talented group of young, attractive, and energetic vocalists and musicians. Each and every one of them is a star. Now the one thing that people don't tell you when you're planning a wedding (but should) is how non-responsive, disorganized, and unprofessional vendors can be. Let's face it, there isn't much repeat business in this industry! So vendors think - why care about customer service? And certainly why would anyone bother to go the extra mile for inquiring clients? This was exactly the issue we had when interviewing overpriced groups (like West Coast Music), who could quite honestly care less about your wedding, or you as an individual, and clearly only about their bottom line. That is not at all the case with Malynda Hale and JMV. Malynda was honestly the single most professional, kindest, and organized vendor we dealt with throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was sure to answer every question we had in a timely manner, was open to every musical idea and direction we'd planned for our day, graciously worked with our budget, and was incredibly accommodating and user-friendly to our venue and the rest of our vendor team. I cannot say enough great things about Malynda. She is truly a class act, warm, big hearted, and a spirited entrepreneur. Malynda made the entire process leading up to our wedding fun and enjoyable, and w
    Sherwin Married on 09/09/2017
    I can't say enough about the Red Letter Players! We had a 600+ guest wedding and they knew exactly how to accommodate for us. Everyone was raving about their performance and I'm still getting inquiries about them! We had a 6 piece band which included 2 vocalists. Everything sounded so good and really set the vibe for the entire night. Malynda is super easy to work with and you can tell she is very experienced. Great value, great performance, great sound system, very professional - I couldn't have asked for more!
    Nicholas Married on 07/22/2017
    JMV Entertainment was incredible!
    Jennifer Married on 06/10/2017
    This band is amazing!! Everyone at my reception was talking about how amazing they were. I really wanted a band for my wedding but so many of the bands I looked at were well above my budget. Not only is JMV entertainment fairly/reasonably priced (for live music and compared to other LA/OC bands) but the talent is incredible! Malynda, the owner, was very responsive to emails and was really easy to work with. She also provided ceremony musicians for me and cocktail hour musicians. This was a one-stop shop for me for all wedding-music related things. I highly recommend this band. Don't spend the money on one of the ridiculously overpriced bands, JMV entertainment is fabulous and at a fair price point!
    Diane Married on 04/22/2017
    I hired JMV Entertainment for a reception and they provided an excellent band ,The Red Letter Players. The service was accommodating , professional, and affordable. The band played music from various genres that appealed to all of the guests across generations. I highly recommend JMV Entertainment for your events.
    John Married on 04/22/2017
    My fiancée and I looked at tons of wedding bands across California, and JMV Entertainment was always at the top of our list. They took care of all the details, knew the answers to questions we didn't even think of, and our guests STILL rave about The Red Letter Players playing our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They're one of the best bands I've seen perform, and I got all the credit from our guests (and new in-laws!) for knocking the selection of live entertainment for our wedding out of the park. Could not recommend more highly!
    Drexel Married on 04/22/2017
    Malynda and her team at JMV Entertainment has been nothing but a joy to work with! Her band and staff were amazing, professional, and not bad on the eyes. Any one looking to book entertainment, whether for a wedding, shower, gathering or anything will not be disappointed! Book them today!
    Kevin Married on 04/15/2017
    Amazing band and very easy to work with! Guests had an awesome time!
    Jon Married on 04/01/2017
    The red letter players played at our wedding on 4/1/2017 in Palm Springs and were amazing! Malynda and her band were so easy to work with and extremely reasonably priced compared to their competition. She worked with me through selection of lead singers and she was the female vocalist on our wedding day - extremely talented all around. We had an acoustic guitarist play for the ceremony who performed the exact versions of the song we requested. We had an 8 piece band (the usual 6 plus 2 horns) play for the reception, and they killed it! People couldn't stop talking about the band all night and into the next day. Thanks so much for the amazing music and energy on our wedding day, Malynda and team. We can't wait to refer you for other parties in SoCal!!
    Namona Married on 10/22/2016
    If you're looking for a band that is professional and and knows how to keep a party going at your wedding reception, then JMV Entertainment is the company for you! My friends and family are still talking about it! Thanks JMV for making our reception an event to remember!
    Elena Married on 04/22/2017
    Our reception was absolute MAGIC! This was due in large part to the Red Letter Players band from JMV Entertainment. We cannot say enough positive things about their lively energy, creative playfulness with our guests, AMAZING sound, and professionalism to work with. After hearing them play at a demo a couple months before our wedding we knew instantly this is the band we wanted for our outdoor beach wedding. We provided a list of songs we loved and some must-plays but they truly curated the playlist to our guests energy the night of and even snuck in a few surprises for us that made the night even more memorable. At one point they called me and all my bridesmaids up to sing "California Gurls" on stage which was a huge hit and very fun gift to my girls. During "Shake It Off" they organized a dance-off between boys and girls on the dance floor which was hilarious and all my guests still talk about how epic it was. They even called up our best friend who is a singer to join them on stage to sing one of our favorite songs: "Let's Stay Together" as well as my cousin to play the drums - truly a band of all trades! Thank you thank you thank you JMV! We adore you!