JMC Events - Custom Music & Lighting Reviews

62 | San Diego, CA

62 Reviews for JMC Events - Custom Music & Lighting

62 JMC Events - Custom Music & Lighting Reviews

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2018

JMC Events was so fantastic for our wedding! Joe was so amazing at anticipating the music selection throughout the evening and making sure that the dance floor was packed all night. Joe was such a sweetheart working with us throughout the planning process and making great suggestions for some of our songs throughout the night! I would greatly recommend Joe for your wedding, everything went so smoothly with JMC!

Coree · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ Joe is AMAZING!!! We live out of the area, so we were unable to make it to San Diego to meet Joe in person, but we had many phone conversations with him about our needs and expectations. Leading up to our wedding day, we had an specific instrumental song we wanted playing while our family walked into the ceremony. It was a hard song to find, so after talking to Joe, we decided for him to pick a similar song to play during that time. On the wedding day, while I was waiting to walk down the aisle, I hear the original instrumental song we wanted playing, while our family walked down the aisle. It was such a great surprise that is brought me to tears. He went out of his way to search long and hard to find that perfect song for us. During the wedding day, he was the absolute best. He was so energetic and fun. He had everyone on the dance floor the whole time by feeling out the vibe of the crowd. All of our guests are still talking about how amazing of a DJ we had. He truly made our wedding PERFECT! If you want your wedding day to be perfect, BOOK JMC EVENTS! :]

Heather · Married on 05/20/2017

Do it. You can't go wrong with Joe Comstock/JMC Events.
    Joe did a fantastic job with our daughter's wedding two weeks ago in Roseville, CA. So many people commented on the great music and him as a DJ! I'm still getting feedback after the wedding about that. From start to finish it was great working with Joe. We met months prior and discussed our vision, he followed through with contacting my daughter and her fiance about song choices. He met with them two weeks prior to the wedding to refine the details. The day of the event, he was there as promised - set up early (both outside for the ceremony, and inside for the reception). We added lights to the package and they were perfect, adding great ambiance to the reception. His MC'ing of the reception was perfect and flowed well. He got everyone up dancing and no one wanted to stop when the Newlyweds had to leave. I have nothing but positive things to say about everything; We could not have been happier. The music, the execution of the music, seeing the way he did the lights, AND he offered to help me (Mother-of-the-Bride) with anything and I had him release the guest tables for the buffet line. Stellar job!

Haleigh · Married on 05/13/2017

Joe was absolutely fantastic!! We recommend him to anyone in the Sacramento area looking for the best DJ around. He was such a pleasure to work with. Days later, our guests are still raving about the music and lighting at our wedding. We couldn't be happier.

Brian · Married on 05/13/2017

Unbelievable service. Mike had the party rocking all night, matched our songs perfectly, was a joy and easy to work with. When we had difficulty coming up with songs for parts of the wedding, Mike had great suggestions. He also did a great job emceeing. Highly recommended!

My sister used JMC for her wedding and they were so memorably great that this was an easy decision for me. The DJ she used was not available, and we were able to see DJ styles on their website along with an initial meeting to pick our DJ - Mike Lim. He was great, so easy to work with! We had some unique songs from movies and he was able to find the exact versions easily. We also wanted a mix of 80s, 90s, and current music and he really met our tastes. Our guest only stopped dancing to take a break and cool down. The music was perfect, like our own dance party with all of the favorites our friends and family love. They also provide you with a timeline to complete so you don't have to worry about leaving anything out - it's all taken care of with a music selection for each. They really made our night absolutely perfect. Highly recommend!

Jenna · Married on 04/02/2016

Adam was awesome!! We had quite a variety of music that was being played at our reception and he tied it all together so well. He played something for everyone, and our guests all had a blast!! I would definitely recommend JMC to anyone having an upcoming wedding. Thanks again Adam!!

Robbie · Married on 12/04/2015

Ok so, i am a huge music junkie, and i told my wife that music is my number ONE priority. Im a dancer and a lot of my friends are dancers and having great music is a plus. Our venue unfortunately made us choose from a vendor list for music which i was upset about, but if it wasn't for them forcing us to choose them, i would have never found Adam.

The event company themselves are really friendly, easy to speak to, and they are quick to response to any questions we had. The king of the crop though was our DJ Adam.

Im a huge 90's hip hop and R&B fan and my wife is an alternative rock fan, so i was doubtful at first that anyone can easily mix both music, but Adam did that and FAR exceeded my expectations. He is such a humble and down to earth guy and he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time! Im so happy to have found this company. I highly suggest going with Adam, he can play ANYTHING, transition into anything, and most importantly, he makes the wedding planning super easy. If you're interested in my music or my wife's genres, i cannot express how much I refer Adam. DO IT! JUST DO IT!

Justin · Married on 11/14/2015

We met JMC Events at the San Diego Bridal Bazaar. They were fun to talk to and we won prizes at their booth without any commitment. After deciding to pursue JMC Events for our wedding reception, we met with DJ Adam. We went through all of our questions and any concerns he had. We got a good vibe from him and got a quote for our event the next day.
    We got a cheat sheet to take home to think about the songs to fill in for every part of our special night. As the day of the event got closer, we knew we were good hands for DJ Adam was familiar with our venue and was able to accommodate our officiant with a Mic and speakers. During the reception, DJ Adam was a perfect MC and worked out everything with the wedding coordinator to make sure there were no full moments. He had kept the jams going, fulfilling special requests, and making sure the dance floor was always full. The last song of the was our choice of Walk the Moon's Shut up and Dance. We had everyone, including our parents, dancing and singing.

Vanessa · Married on 09/18/2015

Marissa from JMC events did an amazing job at our wedding. Throughout the planning process she was always helpful and professional. She played great music that got everyone onto the dance floor. Our guests had an amazing time!

lanna · Married on 05/23/2015

DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER FOR A DJ SERVICE! JMC IS THE ONE YOU WANT!!!! Joe was our dj and if it wasn't for him, our wedding would not have been so perfect! All throughout the night people were coming up to us telling us how amazing the playlist was (months after and they're still telling us). People were ALWAYS dancing. He knew exactly the kind of feel we were going for. Joe did everything we wanted and more! The day of the wedding I felt like a big part of the reason why everything went according to plan was because of Joe. He communicated with all the vendors and everything went smoothly. Joe made our already memorable day that much better. I would highly encourage you to book your event with Joe right now!!!

andrew · Married on 04/30/2015

My wife and I were blessed to have picked JMC events to DJ our wedding. We were so impressed with our consultation that we didn't even need to speak with a second DJ. We were lucky enough to have Joe help with our special day. Even with a lot of our special requests Joe was able to make it happen. The whole wedding went on without a hitch. Joe was amazing and really listened to anything we needed. Thank you JMC for giving us 1 less thing to worry about.

Chelcey · Married on 01/03/2015

If you are searching for a DJ for your wedding or special event, stop searching because you've found the perfect one right here! Joe was the DJ for my wedding on January 3, 2015 in San Diego and he did an excellent job in every single aspect of the night. We had Joe do the music for our ceremony as well as our reception and everything went perfectly at both. He was able to get literally everyone out on our dance floor which was shocking to me since my mother previously stated she refused to dance at all! We told Joe a few songs that we wanted him play and gave him an idea of the artists/style of music we wanted played at the reception and he took it and ran with it. There wasn't a single song played that we didn't love to listen to, and everyone enjoyed the dance floor all night long. We also had a custom monogram on our dance floor for the night which was a perfect touch and looked absolutely amazing in person as well as in pictures. JMC Events is definitely the DJ to go with and if I ever needed a DJ again I would not hesitate one bit in contacting Joe again! Thank you guys for making our special night everything we dreamt it would be and more. The night wouldn't have been the same without you guys!

Amanda · Married on 12/31/2014

AMAZING DJ and COMPANY! We had Joe as our DJ for our New Year's Eve wedding. He was GREAT!
    My sister got married a year and a half ago and her DJ was not good, so that, combined with the fact that our reception was literally going to be a NYE party, he had his work cut out for him.
    We threw so many curve balls at this guy and he took every one in stride...let me give you some examples. My dad doesn't dance and only likes country music. I forgot to tell Joe ahead of time that his favorite song is Garth Brooks, friends in low places. I ran to joe while Hank Williams Jr., "Family Tradition" was playing, (yes,my family comes from the CounTry :p) and asked him to play some Garth. He basically thought I was going to clear the floor with all the old school country, but I told him to trust me...and he did...it was a break through! And the dance floor was never empty after that! haha.
    Then, my mother had a request...The Wobble! WTF?! I had no clue what she was talking about, but it was her only request of the night (She teaches pop dance to her phys-ed classes), so off to Joe I went. Next song up...none other than the Wobble! This man knows no bounds. (And probably thinks we're crazy ;)
    Another random request...my husband requested Big Pun, Playa no more...so classy.
    Joe met and exceeded every expectation! From planning to execution, he did sound for our ceremony, uplighting for the reception and DJ'd. We had numerous guests tell us it was there favorite wedding they'd been to!! Any bride and groom know that is the sound of success! All our guests had a blast and the party goes down in history.
    Thank you Joe! Thank you Mandilee!

Book JMC, you will be well taken care of :)

Joe our DJ was amazing always available and responsive. Made our night totally stress free and anazing. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our ceremony and reception. Love love love these guys

Georgia · Married on 11/01/2014

I wish I could give Adam 100 stars! He was so amazing! We hired JMC to DJ our wedding on 11/1/14. I had initially met Mike at one of the Bridal Bazaars and inquired about his availability for our date. Since he was already booked, they put me in contact with Adam, and it was a perfect match! My husband and I met with him a couple of times before the big day and he always made us feel so comfortable. I was really nervous about hiring the wrong DJ since they are literally the host to your party, but I couldn't be happier with the job Adam did for us. We had around 225 guest and ALL of them were at the dance floor at some point or another - even my 95 year old grandmother! He was classy, funny, and helpful - he even kept his cool when it started pouring rain and his equipment was getting wet. I want to throw a party every year on our anniversary and hire Adam to DJ it because I know that it was thanks to him that so many of our friends and family have told us ours was the best wedding they have ever been to! Thank you, Adam and JMC!

David · Married on 10/17/2014

DJ Mike Lim IS AMAZING!!!! Great music, great vibe, and an overall great time at our wedding. Not only was the event itself fantastic/fun, but the development of the songs and timeline was easy and painless, which if you're planning a wedding you know is important. Mike hooked it up, hooked us up, and made sure everyone was having a great time. If you are looking for a DJ for ANY event, give these guys a call, that are the schizzle!

Carolina · Married on 10/11/2014

Thank you to JMC Events, specifically Adam Mada Loatman. He made us feel confident at our first meeting and he did not disappoint. He did an AMAZING job MC'ing our event and with the placement of the uplighting. No one had anything but great things to say about his work. We will definitely recommend you to friends and family and will contact you for future events.

Jamie · Married on 09/06/2014

Jeremy DJ'd for my wedding up in Temecula and I could not have been any happier with how everything worked out.

4 months after our wedding I'm finally getting around to this review (mostly because I didn't think to write a review on yelp, partially because I was sort of lazy). Ok!

From the initial meeting I knew he was going to be the perfect DJ for us. Jeremy definitely had a great attitude towards his clients and a lot of respect for the ceremony. It also helped we had fairly similar taste in music. He made both my wife and I extremely comfortable about everything that needed to get done.

I went a little overboard with the music selection but Jeremy took the music list and turned it into a series of the best mixes I've ever heard before.

Great Job Jeremy! Thank you so much.

• Dani

Danielle · Married on 07/26/2014

Adam was the DJ for our wedding on July 26th. He was great in every conversation we had leading up to the event. He made himself readily available to answer any questions we had. He had worked our venue before and was comfortable with the schedule we provided. He showed up on time (early really) and communicated multiple times with us on the week of the wedding to put us at ease.

Everything he did was seamless, He blended right in and made sure that the music coincided with what we had discussed. He even went as far as to speak with my wife's father to make sure the version of their father/daughter song was to his liking.

Top-notch service and great music. I know many of my friends with upcoming nuptials were impressed and took a card to book with Adam and JMC! Great choice if you want somebody who is professional, easy going, and genuinely great at what they do..

Rebecca · Married on 04/19/2014

DJ Kechup is awesome! He totally hooked it up at our wedding and made our event a fun dance party. We met him through a friend wedding from the Rock church. He gave us a great value since we both attend the same church and serve in ministry. I highly recommend using his music services.

• Natalia

Natalia · Married on 09/28/2013

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Joe for our September wedding. From the first meeting with him we were so grateful for his subtle suggestions and guidance. Joe is detail-oriented and works hard to ensure that he knows the couple well.
    From mic'ing my husband and the officiant for the wedding, providing recognizable but appropriate dinner music to working in the more than 100 songs that our family and friends had suggested for the dance floor - Joe didn't miss a beat.
    Our guests were talking about what a great time they had dancing with every age group for weeks after the wedding!

Lindsay · Married on 06/21/2013

We really enjoyed working with Joe. He did a great job for us, doing both ceremony and reception music.

Natalie · Married on 06/15/2013

We had the awesome opportunity to have Joe DJ our recent wedding. He and his team are an amazing group of DJ’s that are all about celebrating the couple and we greatly appreciated his interaction with us. He is extremely detail oriented and we went through the music for the entire evening – ceremony all the way through the last song of the reception. Which was great for us because music is a big part of our relationship so we wanted to make sure the mood was just right the entire night. Joe also has a great knack for reading the crowd and our dance floor was packed the entire night. We will definitely be recommending JMC Events to our friends and making it out to the see them in action soon!

Louise · Married on 02/08/2013

JMC Events is awesome!! Joe was such a pleasure to work with! He is so easy going and gave us some ideas that hadn't even crossed our minds...and we have been to a LOT of weddings. We didn't want a cheesy DJ and Joe was the COOLEST DJ ever. The up lighting looked great and it help set the mood for the party. They kept the party going all night with awesome music. Joe really knows how to let the party flow and keep everyone dancing, and best of all, he stays out of the way of taking over the whole night. We've seen too many DJs who try to take over the reception and make it about them....not Joe...he was all about the party!! If you don't hire JMC you're CRAZY!!! They will MAKE your party!! Love them!!