Jimmy Ho Photography Reviews

21 Reviews for Jimmy Ho Photography

• Karen

Karen Lopez · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Excellent choice!

We hired Jimmy for our engagement and wedding photos. We cannot express how happy we are with the results! Our pictures are amazing. Jimmy was easy to work with and he helped us throughout the entire planning process. He even wrote down a timeline for us, which was very useful since we did not have a wedding planner. Jimmy captured the best moments of our wedding and he knew the best spots in our venue (Sweetwater Branch Inn) to capture terrific shots and lighting. Jimmy is professional, knowledgeable, and very thorough. I would not hesitate to hire him again for any photography in the future and he will always be an easy recommendation to anyone that needs professional photography for an event or their special day.

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Katie

Katie McCurley · Married on 10/12/2019

An amazing artist, very professional and kind!

We loved working with Jimmy during our wedding weekend. We did not want to go with an amateur to capture such a momentous event, so hiring Jimmy, though more expensive, was very much worth it. He was extremely polished, thoughtful, kind, accommodating, and he's exceptionally talented. We are so grateful to have worked with him!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Kyle · Married on 08/18/2018

Hiring Jimmy was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. To say that he consistently went above and beyond, especially on the wedding day, would be an understatement. First of all, he's just a nice guy who is super easy to work with. He clearly knows what he is doing and is consistently calm, which you really need on a wedding day. If you've seen any of his photos, it goes without saying, but he's a great photographer who knew our venues like he's lived in them for years. Even during our pre-wedding photo shoot on UF's campus, when he wasn't as immediately familiar with the locations, he quickly scouted them and found some areas that made for perfect pictures. Beyond this, Jimmy was so helpful on the wedding day and understanding when the timeline shifted a bit. He did everything he could to make sure we looked great for our photos. At one point, he even helped someone tie their tie and offered directions to another attendee. Like I said, he went above and beyond.

As a same-sex couple, we struggled before the wedding to find reviews of vendors from other same-sex couples, so I also want to take a moment to say how this fact didn't even faze Jimmy one bit. Ever. I can't recommend Jimmy highly enough to anyone looking for the perfect photographer and a just plain awesome guy.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Becky · Married on 11/24/2017

Jimmy was absolutely wonderful. He is very talented, helpful, responsive, and professional. Our engagement and wedding pictures are so beautiful. I could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Donavaun · Married on 04/21/2017

Jimmy Ho Photography is the best! Jimmy has a background in journalism, which I found incredibly valuable. Jimmy takes amazing photos and really knows how to tell a story with his images. I've worked with other photographers for different projects in the past, mostly modeling and marketing stuff for my real estate business. All photographers are not the same! When it came to choosing a wedding photographer, my fiancé and I wanted the absolute best. Jimmy is the best. Jimmy exceeded our expectations, he was easy to be around, and he always got the shot, he was a seamless addition to our perfect day and we will remember his contributions forever.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Jessica · Married on 01/07/2017

Amazing talent! Jimmy photographed our wedding a few weeks ago and our pictures came out beautifully! He has phenomenal skill especially working with natural light to create stunning photos. Jimmy was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and answered all of our questions. He also worked with us to create the schedule we wanted based on our style. He was so attentive to our interests and made the night run so smoothly; it was entirely stress free. Jimmy also photographs at our wedding venues (Baughman Center and Sweetwater Branch Inn) very often which was perfect because he knows the perfect spots to get all the best pictures. He also knows everyone working at the venues which was awesome especially if he needed to remind the venue about anything (like rolling out our cakes to photograph!) Not only does Jimmy have impeccable talent but he is so professional and kind! The night out of our wedding turned out be freezing (in the 20s) and Jimmy was so sweet and offered me his sweater to wear (which I did not turn down!). The turn-around time to receive our photos was outstanding – less than 3 weeks!! We have received so many compliments on how great our photos turned out. One of our friends who recently got married told us that they wish they had chosen Jimmy for their wedding photos. Highly recommend Jimmy Ho!

Sent on 02/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2016

Photography was one of my top three priorities for my wedding. This is what I will have for years to come in addition to the memories so I made sure to hire the best I could find. Jimmy is wonderful and very easy to work with. It was important to me that my photos have great artistry, color, and personality, all of which he perfectly captures. I was blown away by how many wonderful engagement photos I had and cannot wait to see my wedding photos! He is very efficient and dedicated to make sure you have the formal or more typical photos along with fun and artsy photos. I truly could not be more pleased with Jimmy's work and have no doubt I hired THE best photographer for my engagement and wedding photos.

Sent on 10/20/2016

John · Married on 04/25/2016

Using Jimmy Ho for our engagement and wedding photography was by far one of the best decisions my wife and I made throughout this whole process. He was attentive to the style we were looking for and always quick to respond. We asked for a picture to use in the save the dates way before we should have received them. Within the week he sent us not one, but 5 to choose from. On the day of the wedding he met my wife in the lobby and was on the job immediately, taking pictures of the bridal party on the way to the room. He has an extraordinary talent and a keen eye which is reflected through all his work. He was always there in the moment, while never being obtrusive. We will undoubtedly be using him in the future!

Respectfully,

Lindsey and John

Sent on 05/09/2016
  • User6206779 · 2+ years ago

Outstanding! It was a pleasure working with Jimmy for our daughter's wedding. Engagement photos received so many compliments and we cannot wait for the wedding pics. Jimmy is a photojournalist, a very talented photographer AND storyteller, paying attention to spontaneous moments and details others might miss. His positive cheerful attitude is also a huge benefit. It was effortless working with him. Not once did we have complications. He listens, and he executed our wishes with nothing but PROFESSIONALISM and EXCELLENCE. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Definitely FIVE PLUS stars.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2015

Jimmy is amazing! He's so easy and fun to work with! He helps you organize your wedding day which helps you breath as a bride. The pictures that he shoots are breathtaking! On my wedding day I could not have asked for someone better. Jimmy Ho is the photographer you want at your wedding! Thank you Jimmy! -Sarah Ramsey

Sent on 05/28/2015

Megan · Married on 03/14/2015

Jimmy was our photographer for our wedding in March - I got super distracted from writing a review, but wanted to add my experience to his long list of recommendations. Jimmy was so wonderful to work with, he met with us several times before the wedding and was thorough in making a plan for the day that worked for us. He gave great suggestions and made us feel very confident. I am a little camera shy, but he made me and my husband so comfortable at our engagement photo session and wedding. He is an absolute professional and I have received so many compliments on our photos. Both he and April were very responsive and everything ran smoothly thanks to their help!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Jenny · Married on 07/06/2014

Jimmy Ho was worth every penny! All of my family complemented me on his professionalism. Make sure to book him as soon as possible, because he's the best there is in Gainesville! He knows a lot about weddings in the area, I wish I had asked him about our reception venue before we booked it. He really looked out for us and made me feel like a bride. One thing that stands out to me was, when we cut the wedding cake, the servers were supposed to bring out the cupcakes for our guests. However, the servers were no where to be found! So Jimmy ran back into the kitchen to tell the servers to come out! He does everything he can to make the wedding day run smoothly and calmly directs pictures, which takes away all of the stress you feel as a bride.

He also made a timeline for the wedding day, which extremely helped us! We printed it out and handed it to our attendants during the rehearsal.

I recommend doing engagement shots with him as well because that gives you the opportunity to meet with him and everyone gets to know each other, and get advice on how to properly pose for pictures!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/27/2013

We had an excellent experience with Jimmy Ho as our wedding photographer. I was a little anxious at first about the quality and amount of photos we'd be getting for the price, but the value of Jimmy's skills turned out to be completely worth it. It is amazing what he can capture on your special day just as one person. Also, Jimmy was one of the most professional vendors my husband and I worked with. It was so refreshing, my husband and I wish all wedding vendors could have been like Jimmy!

Sent on 03/13/2014
  • Irene

Irene · Married on 05/27/2012

Hands down, Jimmy has the best technical skills and the best creativity out there in photography. My husband and I loved him from the moment we met him, and we've been following his work even before we became engaged! We decided to purchase photo albums from him to share with family and friends, and we are SO glad we did. Jimmy and his work is worth every penny. Best investment ever!

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 05/20/2012

We haven't received our wedding pictures yet, but based on our engagement session pictures (which was included in the package we purchased) we are sure they will be fantastic! Jimmy was instrumental in guiding us in creating our "day of timeline". He was extremely easy to work with, while at the same time giving us guidance all along the way!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2011

Jimmy is an artist. That's the only way to say it. Each picture was close to perfection, his framing, his editing. I don't think I can express just what he did for us. We didn't have a videographer, but with his photos we didn't need one. Looking through them with my husband and bridesmaids, we laughed, we cried and we relived the entire day. Which is great, as it happened to be the best day of my life :) More than reasonably priced for the quality of his work - he's friendly, easy to work with, kind - just a wonderful vendor for any bride to work with. We were working with him from out of town, and he managed to work with our schedule, get our guest book with engagement photos out in time for a wedding (with less than a month to do so!).

He took his time with the wedding photos, and you can tell. They are gorgeous. I've gotten so many compliments on them - the only word I can think of to describe them is "honest". He captured the spirit of our celebration, of our relationship perfectly. We've decided that we wiill continue to have him take portraits of us and our family as it grows :) And this is from someone who avoids cameras like the plague!! Thank you so much Jimmy - you are the best!

Sent on 03/19/2012

Karen · Married on 11/14/2009

I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful Jimmy is and how pleased we are with him! He is so professional and easy going. We clicked with him from the very beginning. He's open to ideas and worked well with us. He is so talented and he captures the essence of people's personalities. He worked so hard and was EVERYWHERE he needed to be during the wedding and the ceremony. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Sent on 12/02/2009

Kasey · Married on 02/27/2011

I love Jimmy! he is the best photographer. He really cares about every couple and works so hard to get beautiful pictures. Everyone complimented us on our photos and were so surprised about how he was everywhere during the wedding. He is really creative and our sign in book was beautiful. He loves being a wedding photographer and it shows in his amazing photos.

Sent on 03/17/2011

Lorna · Married on 10/02/2010

Jimmy is simply fantastic. He took our engagement pictures and they were perfect. He is extremely patient and takes you through the process. He is extremely professional. We were very happy with his job and definitely recommend him.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Lorna · Married on 07/11/2010

3.5

Jimmy did our engagement pictures and he was fantastic. He is extremely professional, responsible and very patient. I was very happy with his job. I do think the price was a little high but I didn't mind because the end product was great. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Ashlee · Married on 12/22/2012

Jimmy is great! We are so happy we used him as our photographer! He is so talented and professional. He met with us to understand exactly what we wanted for our pictures. You can tell he is really passionate about his work. He responds to questions quickly. Our pictures are beautiful, and he was friendly and considerate of our guests. The only negative is that it took over 2 months for us to see any of our pictures. However, I know he puts a lot of work into his pictures, so while it's a little frustrating, I think it's worth it.

Sent on 03/12/2013