Jimmy Chu Photography Reviews

75 | Bayside, NY

75 Reviews for Jimmy Chu Photography

Kimberly · Married on 06/15/2018

Amazing photographer

Jimmy is an amazing photographer. He really knows what he is doing and loves it. He gives you unique photos with how he works the lighting. Def recommend

Sent on 02/25/2019

Rosalie · Married on 06/02/2018

Creative genius!

Creative genius! My husband and I discovered Jimmy's amazing and creative work on Instagram. I immediately fell in love with his creativity and not just your typical portrait shots. We hired Jimmy to capture both our day 1 Hindu ceremony and day 2 Reception. He was always on time, very accommodating, and so easy to work with. Even though we had a few hiccups along the way, Jimmy was a voice of reason and knew what had to be done to get us our beautiful shots. He truly went above and beyond in capturing our special days!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • O

Orybec · Married on 03/29/2018

Very happy with the amazing job jimmy did for my wedding pictures. Fully recommended.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Kelly C. · Married on 02/10/2018

Def recommend

Jimmy and his assistant Will were beyond amazing. I could not be more thrilled with my photos. They are stunning! Jimmy has a unique vision when it comes to photography. It drizzled on my wedding and Jimmy captured amazing photos in the rain.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Genevieve · Married on 10/27/2017

Jimmy’s is the reason we chose NYC for our destination wedding. We saw one of his wedding photos and quickly booked him for an engagement session. We met Josephine that same weekend, we knew we found our wedding dream team! We could not have asked for a better photographer. He has an eye for the “right” shot. Jimmy has such a gorgeous photography style. He is creative, professional and a lot of fun to work with! We are so glad we stumbled upon his Instagram. Our photos are so special and we have one of a kind shots to remember our perfect day for a lifetime. He captured our day in such a way that no one else could have.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Mia · Married on 09/22/2017

JImmy listened patiently to all of our requests. He paid attention to what our vision was and made sure our expectations were met! I just love all the pictures when they came out. He has such amazing talent, responds promptly, is very professional and accommodating. I am just so grateful we found him and had him document our big day. Would definitely recommend him in a heartbeat :)

Sent on 12/15/2017

Rebecca R. · Married on 08/18/2017

Amazing photographer!

Jimmy is super creative with his photos to give us both classic portrait and unique shots from our wedding day. He was very responsive and both our engagement shoot and wedding day photos came out amazing. Jimmy is truly passionate about photography and gets excited about getting that perfect shot! I also love the candid photos from our ceremony/reception. Thanks Jimmy!!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

I highly recommend Jimmy Chu as your wedding photographer. My husband and I were thrilled with his work and are in love with our Wedding album! Jimmy has such a creative eye and ease about him. He is very down to earth, easy to talk to, and passionate about photography. He makes sure he gets to know YOU and brings out the subtle moments of your special day. One of the MANY great things about Jimmy is that he wants the absolute best for his clients and is willing to go that extra mile to capture moments you didn't even know existed until you see your photos!

We thank you so much for being our photographer and for doing what you do best!!!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Jimmy is amazing!!! I hired him for our wedding in May 2017 and engagement shoot in October 2016. He's a great photographer as well as a great person. He responds very quickly (e-mail/text) and is very professional. He always worked around our busy schedules and would meet up in places that were more convenient for me and my husband. He gave great advice- for example, he suggested we do our engagement shoot early morning (7 am) in Central Park for the perfect lighting and there were not that many people around so our photos came out great. He constantly kept in touch throughout the wedding planning in regards to timeline, other vendors (because he had to work with my videographer) and knowing who's in the bridal party/family. He always showed up on time for our meet ups and the day of. We have amazing candid pictures of our guests at the wedding and also great action shots of them dancing. We did a first reveal before the ceremony which the pictures came out amazing. His work is priceless but it helps that he was actually very reasonable in prices compared to the many other vendors I inquired about. I am so happy we went with Jimmy as we could only budget for one photographer on my wedding and he did what five photographers would produce. He took thousands of photos, he provided a website with passcode, a custom made USB and even threw in a large canvas in our package deal (which we hung up during the wedding)! Look no further, I highly recommend Jimmy!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kristine · Married on 05/14/2017

Jimmy exceeded our expectations. He understood and incorporated my wife’s style/wants into the sessions and photos. As a result, we have a lot of high quality photos - one of the hardest things we had to do what decide which ones we would discard when choosing the album photos.

I hired Jimmy for a wedding and pre-wedding day photo shoot last May (2017) so this review is long over do. Jimmy was very professional but also flexible. He made great use of the locations and beautifully captured all of the little things and moments we would have completely forgotten about in a day that flew by in a blur.

I would highly recommend him for any important event.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Shazeena · Married on 05/06/2017

After a long and exhausting search for the right photographer, for my wedding events, I found Jimmy Chu. His style of photography is very story-telling and enchanting. It was love at first sight. I immediately contacted him hoping he'd be available for my dates, which he was. Jimmy was pleasant and walked me and my husband through the entire process. Our ending result of photos was absolutely breathtaking and everything that I'd hoped for. If you are looking for style, value, and a photographer with a real passion for what he does look no further. Jimmy is your man. He will make you start looking outside the box with taking photos. We've learned a lot from Jimmy and know that if we ever have future events or photography done he will be the one we go to. He is the best and we loved him.

Sent on 07/29/2017

Nick · Married on 03/18/2017

Jimmy Chu is excellent and a real professional. We used him for our wedding in March. He was extremely attentive and very accommodating. He's got a great eye and the pictures came out extremely well. My wife and I were very thankful that we found him. Two major bonuses: we had our pictures back within a week and I would give him more of a 6 in the value department.

Sent on 05/14/2017

Vickie · Married on 11/05/2016

Jimmy was stellar to work with during our wedding! During our engagement shoot and the day of our wedding, he was fun, professional, and really tried to get to know my husband and I to make us feel comfortable for our big day. Jimmy was able to capture such beautiful moments of our special day and the finished product was amazing. We were so happy to have such a fantastic crew for our wedding and would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Jeanine · Married on 08/19/2016

My husband and I would recommend Jimmy Chu Photography. They were on time, attentive, and ready to work as soon as they arrived. They did not stop for a minute and they captured every single moment of our special wedding day. They went above and beyond to capture all of our special moments. Our photos are beautiful and we are so grateful and so happy we chose Jimmy Chu Photography. Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Jillian · Married on 06/25/2016

Jimmy is an amazing photographer! My husband and I had a really fun time doing our engagement session, despite neither of us feeling very comfortable in front of the camera, and when it came to the wedding day we really felt like Jimmy knew us and what we were looking for. The pictures came out beautifully - both the posed shots and candids. He and his team truly captured the atmosphere of the wedding, and the prices are great. I HIGHLY recommend Jimmy Chu Photography.

Louise · Married on 06/21/2016

Jimmy Chu was amazing! Jimmy took all the photos on our wedding day and we really enjoyed his company. He was professional and very funny!
    We are extremely happy with the service he has provided for us. When I was looking for a photographer online, when I saw Jimmy's work I knew he was the photographer I had to have. Searching from England was not easy. He is creative and clearly has an eye for detail.
    I would definitely, highly recommend Jimmy to anyone that is looking for a special photographer for a special day.
    Thank you Jimmy, we adore our photos.

Mrs and Mrs Gossage.

Paula · Married on 06/01/2016

Jimmy was amazing from start to finish. He knew exactly what to do to get the best pictures and when to do it. Everything was done with ease and we both felt very comfortable around him. Jimmy was very professional and really friendly, there were no awkward moments at all. We trusted Jimmy from the first photo, he showed us snap shots of what he had taken and we were both really happy with that, it made the rest of the shoot really easy. We both loved it and would use Jimmy again.

Karen · Married on 03/26/2016

Jimmy is an amazing photographer! He has a lot of talent and creativity. The angles and lighting were perfect. We got a lot of compliments about our pictures. He's very easy to work and 100% reliable. He was able to control the room when it was time for family portraits so things would go smoothly. He was unnoticeable during party time which made for such great candid photos. Jimmy will go above and beyond to take the perfect photo even climb gates, lay on concrete, and jump into the bushes. We would recommend him to anyone without any hesitation!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Jimmy was fabulous on our wedding day. Very passionate about his work, really friendly and easy to work with. We knew by looking at this other wedding photos before we booked him that he would be good but he was even better than we expected. We are really happy with our photos.
    Thanks Jimmy!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Emma · Married on 12/31/2015

jimmy manages to make the most camera shy person feel at ease and have fun, which is pretty important for your wedding day!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jenna · Married on 12/22/2015

We cannot thank Jimmy enough for capturing our magical day. The quality of the photographs are beyond anything we could have imagined. We constantly receive compliments from anyone who views our pictures. He made us feel very at ease and his creativity is astounding, Jimmy is simply amazing.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Eleanor · Married on 12/16/2015

Our experience with Jimmy was great - the photos were far beyond anything I had hoped to get and are a wonderful reminder of our day, we have had so many lovely comments saying that they are the best wedding pictures people have ever seen! They were different and modern and really captured the day in a natural and beautiful way.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Paul · Married on 12/01/2015

What a fantastic photographer , an exceptional eye for an awesome photo , I can not recommend Jimmy enough , there are no praises that come close to his skill
    With a camera

Sent on 02/27/2016

Henk · Married on 10/20/2015

Jimmy is the best photographer we've ever seen. Jimmy knows exactly how achieve the best result. Jimmy has a great personality and we are proud and happy that he made our wedding photos. We can recommend Jimmy at all.

Henk and Diana Ferdinandus
    Barendrecht, The Netherlands

Sent on 01/07/2016

Demetra · Married on 10/18/2015

Jimmy and his crew were great! His style and talent is unlike anything we have seen and we are very pleased with how our wedding photos came out. Jimmy exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend him to shoot your wedding. Great guy, professional, and on point each time. Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 02/11/2016