Jimmy Chu Photography Reviews

75 Reviews for Jimmy Chu Photography

• Roxxy

Roxxy · Married on 09/08/2020

The best in every way!

Jimmy was recommended to us by a friend before we even had a venue or a wedding date. At our first meeting, his passion for what he does was so palpable that we knew immediately that we would book him. Five months later, when we found our venue, our first call was to Jimmy; we had to make sure that he was available for the dates that we had in mind!

Fast forward to our engagement shoot Jimmy’s personality and professionalism were exactly what we needed in order to be comfortable in the spotlight - my husband is a shy guy and I’d never been professionally photographed before. When those pictures came back, they were so elegant and timeless that we started to wonder how Jimmy would surpass them for our wedding… friends, Jimmy DID NOT disappoint! It didn’t matter that we arrived at the venue an hour late or that everyone had to social distance because of COVID, Jimmy was able to get every shot that we wanted and some that we didn’t know we needed! His action shots, in particular, have had us and our guests laughing and raving for weeks!

The most important thing to us though, was how involved Jimmy was. He was honest, transparent, easy to reach, and he went above and beyond his role: he walked us through changing our wedding date when COVID started, he helped us think thought what COVID precautions we needed to weave into our event, he was a calming yet energetic presence during the hectic wedding day, and his pictures were original and available in record time! We feel extremely blessed to have worked with Jimmy and it’s safe to say that he became a part of our story through this process. We’d recommend him without a shadow of a doubt to anyone looking for an amazing photographer and gorgeous pictures!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Jackie T. · Married on 06/09/2020

A great photographer for a stressful event.

Jimmy was enthusiastic about the engagement photos. He already had a clear idea of where to go for great colors and backgrounds. He was as well prepared for the engagement shoot as he was for the wedding day. He knew we were running on a tight schedule and got us to the right places at the right time. He never missed a beat. Last but not least, his pictures were fantastic - very similar to the rest of the photos in his portfolio so there weren't any surprises in the final results.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Dennis

Dennis A. · Married on 10/12/2019

Just act natural

Working with Jimmy was an absolute pressure. We looked through his portfolio and knew that his style of photography was aligned with our vision. We were not very comfortable in front of the camera, but Jimmy made it so easy with his directions for some of the poses and it looked very natural. His experience of working with couples and the venue we picked was very evident. And we liked how he would try something different with us, (different use of angles, reflections, lighting, etc) so we'd know we would have something unique only to us.

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Nupur

Nupur P. · Married on 09/29/2019

He is Great at his work!

He was incredible! We were so happy that we chose him for our engagement photoshoot.
    He knows his work so well! He is friendly, professional, and best!
    Just hire him!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren I. · Married on 09/14/2019

Memorable and amazing experience

I could not have made a better decision on a photographer. Jimmy Chu was confident in his work, knew how to work with people, and was extremely personable. When we spoke for the first time, I felt like he knew exactly what he was doing. When my wedding day began I was running a bit behind schedule and Jimmy was waiting for my bridal crew and me to arrive but he was ready to go and had everyone feeling great ! He made my fiancé and I laugh & helped everyone feel super comfortable. He is very creative and as he sees his surroundings, looks for unique photo opportunities. He also successfully dealt with my bridal party who weren’t the easiest to manage. He had a great way of getting amazing shots of the ceremony and the dancing without ever being in the way. Everyone had nothing but great things to say about him & his lighting assistant. When I received my photos I was truly in awe of the wonderful memories I’ll have for the rest of my life. Even the USB that he sent us came packaged in a professional and beautiful case. I would recommend Jimmy to anyone and everyone who wants to have an amazing wedding experience and phots they’ll treasure forever. Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Victoria S. · Married on 08/31/2019

Choose Chu!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then Jimmy Chu's photography is a novel. My husband and I had the unbelievable fortune of finding Jimmy Chu just a few months before our wedding. He drove all the way out to Long Island to meet with us the first time and was personable, professional and excited from the get-go! We got once-in-a-lifetime photos from our engagement shoot at Bethpage Black Golf Course following the PGA Championship (my husband and I are both avid players). They were stunning, and made only reaffirmed that fate had played a role in bringing us Jimmy Chu. Our wedding day photos are surreal. Jimmy and his assistant Will somehow captured all the right moments without ever being seen. They were fantastic! You can tell how passionate Jimmy Chu is as a photographer and that he truly loves what he does. We cannot thank him enough for blessing us with such beautiful memories. I would recommend Jimmy Chu as naturally as I breathe. He is a diamond in the rough - truly special!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Cory M. · Married on 08/10/2019

Jimmy is incredible!

Jimmy is incredible! He loves what he does and it shows in the final product. We loved working with him and having him at our wedding. His photos are amazing, the portraits came out perfect, the action shots captured the energy of the room, and the lighting effects were stunning. I cannot recommend him enough. He took so much stress out of the day and made the awkward task of picture taking fun and enjoyable!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela B. · Married on 08/03/2019

We ❤ Jimmy Chu !

When searching for a photographer for our special day, we wanted someone....different. We had a number of family members and friends referring us to photographers that they have used in the past but weren't looking for the same old traditional wedding photos that you so often see. We were looking for someone who had a bit of flare...someone who would incorporate their artistic abilities while telling our love story.
    We stumbled upon Jimmy's work on wedding wire and his photos stood out to us. Perhaps it was the way he is able to manipulate light to liven up a photo or just the creativity of the photos themselves, but we knew right away that we wanted to know more.
    Jimmy was both responsive and professional from day 1. When we contacted him, we made a plan to meet at a coffee shop in Brooklyn to discuss our vision for our special day. Jimmy took the time to ask questions about us and our story and wanted to get to know us as a couple. He shared some more of his work and after good conversation and a few laughs, we booked him for our wedding on the spot.
    The next time we met with Jimmy was for our engagement photoshoot. Jimmy was more than flexible when scheduling our shoot. He took the time to explore the grounds of the location we chose with us to ensure that he was able to get some great shots. We were more than pleased with our engagement photos and looked forward to seeing what else he had to offer on our big day.
    Finally, August 3, 2019 arrived. Jimmy was nothing but cool, calm, and collected with what turned out to be a hectic timline due to delays in hair and makeup. Jimmy kept us on track while keeping the mood light and the process enjoyable. He made sure that he got the photos we wanted while still allowing us the time to party and enjoy our guests.
    Jimmy was a pleasure to work with and an all around great guy. The sneak peek of wedding photos that we saw are stunning! We can't wait to see the rest and pick our photos for our wedding album.
    If you are on the hunt for a wedding photographer who will bring something new, fresh, and creative to your wedding photos, check out Jimmy Chu Photography, you will not be disappointed! PaMeLa & JoAnN 👭

Sent on 08/20/2019

Shenese · Married on 06/15/2019

Coolest Photographer

We are so delighted to have Jimmy as our photographer. The photos captured many emotions from our wedding. We were in love with the results. Jimmy sent us the photos pretty quickly and was very flexible with our schedule of events. He was also very fun to have around. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2019

Great experience!

We had a great experience with Jimmy! He took beautiful photos of us on our wedding day and at our engagement photo shoot. Jimmy was easy to get in contact with and fun and easy to work with. We got married in Manhattan and took our engagement photos along the waterfront in Long Island City. On our wedding day, we had Jimmy and another photographer who was also great. We got the package with the wedding album and two parent albums which we and our parents love. Would definitely recommend Jimmy if you’re looking for gorgeous photos of your special day!

Sent on 04/05/2021
  • James

James Y. · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing, creative photographer

We used Jimmy for our wedding held at the Greenpoint Loft, Brooklyn NY. I cannot recommend him enough. The best way I can describe him is that he has an amazing “eye”. He utilized our venue (which already very unique) in the most creative and beautiful ways. He saw things in ways not many would. In addition to his creativeness, he was punctual, responsive, very flexible (he worked with us to fit our busy schedules at every point), and the upmost professional. He also provided us input for day-of-scheduling, to ensure that we had the shots we wanted. In comparison to other photographers we met with (some more than double his fee), he provided great value for top notch creativity, services, and input.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Naomi R. · Married on 01/28/2019

Solid photographer, even in frigid temps!

Overall, I was super impressed by every aspect of my experience with Jimmy, from first inquiring of his services to receiving the USB in the mail with my images, carefully packaged. He is a true professional, personable, and easy to speak with whether by phone, text, or in person. I was in search of an elopement photographer at the last minute, and Jimmy was accommodating, flexible, and arrived to the shoot ahead of schedule and prepared. We had our shoot at the Cloisters/Fort Tryon Park and his familiarity with the area was impressive and appreciated. I chose to elope on a frigid cold day, made even more slightly unbearable being so close to the Hudson river. Nonetheless, Jimmy remained efficient, and respectful of the time we booked him for, despite the frigid temperatures. I could not go even a full minute without thinking about how cold I was, yet Jimmy kept us on task giving directives while remaining courteous, creative, and leading us through this shoot. Looking at photos, the teeth chattering and any visible cues of how cold I truly was are not evident. My husband and I are extremely pleased with the finished album and his editing. We are both very grateful for his services and would recommend him in a heartbeat. He gives so much more than just quality time, he listens and is passionate about his work.

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel C. · Married on 11/23/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Jimmy was amazing from start to finish! We planned our wedding in only 5 months and working with him made the process 1000x easier. Our initial meeting, he drove out to us to discuss packaging and was willing to travel for the engagement photoshoot. On the day of our wedding, his creativity shined through his gorgeous pictures and memories that he captured for us. Jimmy had amazing ideas for different shots and this made working with him so easy. He helped make this day so special for us. We are in love with all of our photos and can't thank Jimmy and his team enough for their expert eye!

Sent on 02/23/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/28/2018

Talented and Creative Storytelling Photographer

After months of sifting through photographer portfolios our videographer and a relative lead us to Jimmy. From our first call I knew Jimmy would be the best fit for us. Our first meeting was for our engagement shoot at Grand Central. In just one hour Jimmy proved to be extremely professional and creative. He managed to make the most of the lighting and backdrops. On the day of our wedding, he made sure to capture every moment, and mood in a story like manner. He has a great eye and plays with light in very creative ways. He captured our story in just a few hours and we couldn’t be happier. He is professional from start to finish. Our wishlist was met with his flexibility, ease and attention to every detail. I really cannot stop looking at my pictures and help myself from being amazed at Jimmy’s work!

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Steve

Steve L. · Married on 10/06/2018

Trustworthy / Passionate / Fun / Creative Energy

Jimmy is the man. He was actually the one vendor that I had ZERO worries about on our wedding day. He not only knows his craft, but he truly cares about the couples experience (especially the bride) throughout the wedding process. When me and my wife talk about our wedding, we ALWAYS mention and recommend Jimmy. He not only took beautiful & creative photos, but actually created a fun atmosphere and even gathered the entire wedding (250 people) together for group photos. He takes the initiative to make sure everything is perfect. Highly recommend this guy - this is his passion and I guarantee he will make your day magical.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Cristina · Married on 09/29/2018

Book Jimmy Now!

Finding a photographer is one of the most important decisions a bride has to make, and therefore took me the longest to research. I wanted someone who was creative and had more of a photojournalistic style, but didn't break the bank. Jimmy not only fit the description, but exceeded it! He was very responsive and was able to meet me and my fiancé close to where we worked. He took the time to explain his style and get to know us better. The fact that the package came with the engagement session only solidified our decision. He is passionate about what he does and it shows in his work. Jimmy is very easy to get along with and made us feel as comfortable as possible in front of the camera. He is prompt and always on schedule, which is essential on the wedding day, and worked seamlessly with my other vendors, including the videographer. I trust Jimmy wholeheartedly and would recommend him to anyone who asked. In fact, I already did and she signed with him as well! The photos came out beautifully and in record time. He even mailed the USB drive to us, which was very convenient. Don't hesitate to book Jimmy. He's the best!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Kristine A. · Married on 09/22/2018

Very glad we found Jimmy as our Wedding Photographer

Excellent quality, creativity, and professionalism. He is also very good working with other vendors and videographer.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Robyn C. · Married on 09/19/2018

Truly amazing photographer

Jimmy photographed our wedding in Central Park last month. He was extremely professional and very friendly. He made us feel very relaxed right from the first moment and throughout the wedding. His experience was evident from our fantastic photos. We couldn’t be more pleased with them and cannot recommend Jimmy enough.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kasey · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly recommend

I can not say enough wonderful things about Jimmy Chu and his work. My two sisters and I all got married in a 10 months span and we all used Jimmy so I have worked with him on three different weddings, and would Highly recommend him. He was hands down my favorite vendor. He is very easy to get along with and if you need a break or don't like a certain pose he listens to you, which is important because you want to feel fully comfortable on your wedding day. He takes very dramatic picture that are gorgeous, but also still captures candid's (which some are my favorite ones). He is a genius and I would recommend him to everybody. Don't even think about it, just book him!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Jessie · Married on 08/18/2018

There is no one better

I don't know how I got so lucky to stumble upon Jimmy - but what a gem! He is truly a professional: on time, clear communication, CREATIVE as hell and cares immensely about his work. Jimmy is worth every penny and beyond. If you don't want cookie cutter wedding photos -- he is your man. Even though my "special day" was rained on and honestly not at all what I imagined it to be...Jimmy somehow salvaged it by presenting stunning photos that made me forget what miserable weather we had. I truly enjoyed working with him and would recommend him to anyone -- wedding or not -- he will capture the special moments that you'd want to remember forever.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Sandy · Married on 08/11/2018

I somehow hit the jackpot and all of my wedding vendor searches to find Jimmy. His worked stood out because it was very dramatic,unique and extremely photojournalistic. It is not your typical “pose here, turn your head there” type wedding photography —which we did not want. Jimmy is extremely charismatic and personable and makes you feel extremely comfortable. My husband is extremely shy but because of Jimmy‘s genuine passion and care for the couple he is photographing, he creates an energy as if are Long time friends when he’s photographing you and not a stranger! I have to start by explaining what an incredible engagement photo shoot we had with Jimmy. He was so patient and took photos of us at sunrise underneath the Brooklyn Bridge in the freezing cold with almost 4 outfit changes! He was super creative and found such unique angles that I have never seen another photographer capture . For our actual wedding Jimmy was extremely patient with our huge eccentric families! It’s not easy to manage all of the personalities that come together for a wedding and he kept his cool and was able to capture so many great and creative images. We absolutely loved his camera assistant as well. He had a very different personality and the both of them working together really balanced and created a dynamic duo well with capturing the most important day of our lives.I am just now seeing sneak peaks and cannot wait to see the full album. I also want to support the fact that this is his business and he is not part of some larger company. He really works hard for his style and I really hope that he continues to grow his wedding /photography clientele base because he is a hidden gem!

Sent on 09/07/2018

James K. · Married on 07/26/2018

Amazing photographer and person

Jimmy is such an amazing photographer and person. He made our wedding day so easy and special. Jimmy got us to do stuff we never dreamed of doing for our photos that is how comfortable he made us. I would recommend him so much. If u want a fun care free and amazing photos he’s the man for the job. Thanks again for being part of our big day and our amazing wedding photos

Sent on 10/24/2018

Marlene V. · Married on 07/07/2018

Fantastic!

Jimmy was truly the icing on the cake for our wedding. Very professional and friendly, ALWAYS PUNCTUAL (which is crucial!) and a true artist. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 05/26/2020

Maria D. · Married on 06/30/2018

We couldn’t have picked a BETTER photographer!

Jimmy was so great to work with not just with us but with our entire bridal party and videographer. He was so professional from the very start and so easy to communicate with. He’s very talented and captured SO MANY cool/creative shots. What I liked most about him was that he was able to be so creative within every moment of our wedding day but still captured some traditional wedding shots that we asked for. We can’t thank him enough for all the hard work he put into our photos and album.

Sent on 02/08/2019