JHicks Photography Reviews

13 Reviews for JHicks Photography

• Kara

Kara Tucker · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Hands on and professional

Jacob was Amazing. Very hands on, was prepared for everything (even had an allergy pill when I forgot to take one!), showed up on time, and I received my pictures quickly!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Melissa Huisken · Married on 10/12/2019

The BEST wedding photographer I could have imagined

I cannot say enough amazing things about Jacob Hicks! We had booked him for our fall wedding in Michigan, and from working with our crazy schedules to figure out our engagement pictures, to being there to capture every single special moment at our wedding, we could not have imagined a better wedding photographer! He was very responsive throughout the planning period, answered all of my many questions, and was so great to work with from the beginning to the end! On the day of our wedding, he made sure we were on schedule with the timeline, he captured all of the portraits on my huge list, and even captured the best moments during my ceremony and reception that meant so much to me but I didn't even think to put on my list! We received our engagement and wedding pictures back very quickly (especially compared to other photographers my friends and family have used), and even gave us an adorable and well thought out box with our pictures and other special, locally made items.

I cannot recommend him enough and will absolutely be bringing him back to Michigan when we want family portraits and once we have kids! I've received so many compliments from family and friends who said Jacob was great to work with, there for every moment, and overall just a very fun and easy to get along with! (Did I mention he helped to ease my stress on one of the biggest days of my life?) Book him for your wedding asap, as we are so grateful for his amazing work!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Amie Maennena · Married on 10/05/2019

Met to discuss photography package

Jacob is very quick to respond. His photos are beautiful and he is willing to work with his clients on their personal style.

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Amie

Amie · Married on 10/05/2019

Great service wonderful photos

Jacob is a delight to work with. He is friendly, knowledgeable, and incredibly talented. Jared and I were blessed to have him take photos of our big day!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Katie K · Married on 06/22/2019

Great guy, great photos

Jacob was great from start to finish! Super easy guy to work with and has a genuine talent for his work. We received a gazillion photos and love every single one! Would highly recommend

Sent on 07/22/2019

Nicolette · Married on 06/15/2019

Great photographer!

JHicks was awesome to work with! I totally recommend him!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Moffat · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing photographer

Jacob was so incredibly helpful throughout the entire process! My husband and I live in Minnesota and it was so easy to communicate with him and be on the same page even from that far of a distance. He is incredibly friendly and works well with all types of people. He had our wedding party laughing the whole day! Not only that, but the pictures turned out better than we could have imagined. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to capture out wedding day.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Swehla · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

Our experience with Jacob was pure perfection! We aren’t located in the same state, but you wouldn’t be able to tell with how great Jacob is with his customers. Our engagement pictures turned out amazing and we had plenty to choose from. The wedding album is also incredible, capturing our day completely with many moments you wouldn’t think he would capture. We received both sets of photos in a very timely manner and couldn’t be happier with our overall experience with Jacob! If possible, he will be doing all of our future photos. We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Jenny · Married on 01/26/2019

Wonderful experience!

We had so much fun working with Jacob. He takes wonderful pictures, is super responsive and professional, while keeping you feeling at ease. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Kelsey · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful Wedding Photography

My husband and I are overjoyed with the photography by JHicks for our wedding. Jacob is so easy to work with. He communicated quickly and thoroughly throughout the whole wedding planning process. Jacob was willing to work to meet all of our wish-list items within our budget and timeline. The day of the wedding, he made the entire bridal party feel comfortable and made the experience unforgettable. I would always recommend JHicks Photography to create amazing moments to remember your special day by.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

Jacob is the best!

Jacob is great to work with! He was efficient, timely and friendly!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2018

Phenomenal

Absolutely amazing!! Any photographer needs Jacob will be our guy!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Kyla Baojrek · Married on 07/14/2018

Creative & Professional!

Jacob was a perfect fit for our wedding photographer in many ways! We contacted him through social media after narrowing down photographer options online. Jacob is very friendly, QUICK to respond to messages, and we were able to look through his professional portfolio to confirm his photography style would mix with our vision. His pricing is clearly laid out & he is flexible with add-ons or not. We had dinner together about a month before the wedding and it was low-stress, comfortable, all the details were hashed out. He helped us with our day-of timeline, inserting time slots for photos where it made sense. Jacob stayed in contact with us in the days leading up to the wedding, making sure our questions were answered. I had been saving photo ideas I came across on Instagram depicting awesome lighting with the sun or poses that looked natural. I asked Jacob if I could send them to him for shots to aim for & he said he would absolutely plan to get shots based on those inspiration pictures. We planned for an outdoor ceremony and semi-indoor reception in July, meaning weather had to be cooperative. The day prior it said it would be storming all day & I got a message from Jacob saying he bought umbrellas for us to use for pictures! Day of the wedding we had zero storms & Jacob and his assistant photographer Allison were able to capture incredible images! They were troopers hiking back and forth between ceremony site and reception site with all their gear! Bridal party pictures went quickly because they divided and conquered, taking photos of the groomsmen and bridesmaids separately at the same time. Jacob successfully wrangled approximately sixty family members during dinner time for large family photos (not an easy task). It was relaxing to get away just the two of us plus photographers for pictures after the ceremony, very glad Jacob put that in the timeline. Jacob & Allison were very easy to hang out with & the photos they captured are AMAZING! We had a crazy fog roll in off the lake and each picture looks magical because of it. Jacob sent us preview photos the next day & we were in love, extremely excited to see every element of the day that was captured. Jacob edited very quickly - we received digital versions of our photos 9 days after the wedding & the printable ones (on a personalized wooden USB wrapped fashionably in a personalized wooden box) one month after that! The pictures exceeded our expectations - beautiful lighting, candid reactions, & personalized touches. I have nothing but positive things to say about JHicks photography and have recommended to everyone!

Sent on 12/08/2018