My Personal Cantor Reviews

My Personal Cantor 2
My Personal Cantor 3
  • F

Faith Moore · Married on 12/22/2018

She made sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted!

Cantor Debbi Ballard was the perfect officiant for our wedding! She was so easy to work with and made sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted! So many of our guests at our wedding told us how beautiful our ceremony was! We definitely highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/19/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney Coren · Married on 12/08/2018

My Wedding

I was very happy with Cantor Debbie and the way she was very personal with me and my fiancé and she sat down with us and asked us what we wanted and was very easy to get along with. She performed a beautiful ceremony and I was very happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 02/14/2019
    My Personal Cantor 4
    My Personal Cantor 5
    My Personal Cantor 6

Toby · Married on 03/11/2018

Cantor Debbi was an absolute pleasure to work with!! She was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire process and truly made our wedding extra special! She formed a bond with both me and my husband and I know we will continue to stay in touch! Both of our families also loved her and felt very connected and included (both the Jewish side and the non-Jewish side)!

Sent on 05/18/2018

N B S · Married on 10/28/2017

Cantor Debbie - 5 Stars - She Officiated Both of My Daughters' Weddings (and they're still married!)

Debbie got to know the couple and was also happy to meet with their parents. She encouraged incorporating everyone's values into the ceremony, and went above and beyond to not offend anyone by going "too far" or "not enough" (both were "mixed" marriages regarding religion). She incorporated as much "Jewish Traditions" as was requested. She met separately with the couple and then again with the couple and their parents. She was timely at the meetings and at the ceremonies as well, and always had a smile on her face. The ceremony felt like she has known our families and the couple for years.

SUGGESTIONS - Ask her not to wear her black "talit" as it didn't look pretty against the white wedding dress. Also let her know if you want her to sign and play guitar.

FYI - I really don't recall how much her fee was, but let's just say we used her twice and my niece is using her next month for her wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2019

David · Married on 10/27/2017

First of all, Debbie is absolutely AMAZING!!! We did an interfaith wedding and she was so accommodating! She actually performed the ceremony with my mother in law who is ordained and they co-officiated. They performed wonderfully! Debbie is very thorough and professional, but also a lot of fun. She is always smiling and happy. We definitely plan to stay in contact with her and I would definitely recommend her for hire! Also, you should definitely have her sing at your wedding. Its a super cool touch and she is really good!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Loren · Married on 09/02/2017

Debbi Ballard was the officant at our wedding and we were so pleased to have her by our side. Because this was an interfaith wedding she set up time to talk with us both about our beliefs and what we wanted our of our ceremony, blessings etc. We reviewed several passages until we found the one that was perfect for us. She guided us during the whole process and when it came to the day of, everything was perfect and you could tell the guests felt included and could relate to everything she was saying about love, life and the importance of a happy marriage. She even played the guitar and sang beautifully! Not to mention, she helped us find and even proof our Ketubah :)

Sent on 06/17/2018

Beautiful ceremony. She does a great job of explaining the Jewish rituals during interfaith wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Veronica · Married on 12/10/2016

There is no one like Cantor Debbi. She is more than a ray of sunshine, she is the sun. She has given my husband and I the best possible beginning to our happily ever after. She has taught us, expanded our knowledge of one another and challenged our questions to start the most solidified foundation I could have ever hoped for my marriage. I fell in love with her the very first time we met her. Since then, she has become an incredible source of encouragement, influence and inspiration. I'm so thankful for having met her. And we are so excited to continue tackling life together as a Jewish couple with her love and guidance.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Cindy · Married on 07/27/2016

Cantor Debbi was absolutely phenomenal !! From the first moment we made contact, I felt a close connection with her. She really took the time to get to know us and helped create our perfect ceremony. She gave us great advice for our ketubah and our couples reading. She explained all of the parts of our Jewish ceremony to our guests and made them all feel included. Our ceremony was on the beach in Key West, Florida and Cantor Debbi drove back and forth from Fort Lauderdale to be with us. She was always extremely responsive which was important when trying to plan things long distance. She is very talented with her guitar and singing - she has a beautiful voice and it was very spiritual. We were so fortunate to have Cantor Debbi as our officiant - she made all of our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Stephen · Married on 04/24/2015

Debbie made special day even more so with her professionalism, her sensitivity to our needs and most importantly her compassion .

Sent on 05/11/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/18/2015

I highly recommend Cantor Debbi! She is very professional, accommodating and extremely passionate about her job! She really took the time to get to know my fiancé and I and helped us personalize the ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Jenny · event on 02/28/2015

Debbi is an amazing officiant and person. She sets a warm, inviting tone for your event without taking away traditions. We had many guests of all ages at our son"s Bar Mitzvah that had never been to one before. Debbie creates an inclusive atmosphere for all and explains the ceremony and traditions throughout the service. So many of our guests, both Jewish and not Jewish said it was such a wonderful experience & "why can't they all be like that?"

Michele · event on 11/21/2014

Cantor Debbi is AH-mazing!!!!!!! She has officiated over several events for our family over the past 4 years, and she makes each one different, special and absolutely the best. Whether a mitzvah, wedding, or memorial service, Cantor Debbi gives her heart and soul each time. We always receive compliments on the service that she provides, and she takes the time to get to know her familes. She has a knack for being able to incorporate may different aspects into her services, so that no one feels left out or ignored. We consider her a part of our family now and we LOVE her!!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Christina · Married on 06/20/2014

Debbi was great! She really loves what she does! She incorporated who we were into our ceremony and she made it fun. She was professional and very thorough. My ceremony was amazing! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • User5061007 · event on 05/31/2014

Cantor Debbi did a fabulous job with my daughters Bat Mitzvah! Not only did my daughter learn what she needed to know in less then a year, but the we are still getting compliments a year later on her service. I attribute that to Debbi!!
    She is currently working with my son for his Bar Mitzvah. I know the service with be equally as special.

Marci · event on 05/23/2014

Cantor Debbi Ballard performed the most beautiful, personal Bar Mitzvah service for my son last month. Everyone at the service couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was...the music, her words, her explanations so everyone could follow the service. It was more than we could've ever imagined and we are so thankful that our son shared and was guided through this milestone with Cantor Debbi. We highly recommend her for any Jewish experience...she is one of a kind.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Debbie · event on 03/01/2014

I can't say enough about Cantor Debbi, She made it possible for my son to have a Bar Mitzvah by teaching him online and traveling to us to perform his ceremony. In the year they worked together, Debbi became part of the family. The service she performed was so special. We had a large group of people in attendance who had never before attended a Bar Mitzvah, and Debbi led a service that was so warm and welcoming, and at the same time helped them to understand what was going on throughout the service. We were blessed to have Cantor Debbi perform our son's ceremony and cannot wait to do it all over again for our daughter in 2016.

Sent on 06/25/2014

My Personal Cantor's reply:

Thanks SO much, Deb!! Cannot wait to come back to NC to celebrate you again!!
  • User4199273 · event on 02/15/2014

Cantor Debbi is amazing person who brings warmth to any occasion she is involved in. My daughters bat mitzvah was so special because of her.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Cindy · Married on 01/04/2014

Debbi is a true master of her craft. She went above and beyond to capture all the important details on our big day and we are forever grateful. She was a joy to work with and we would recommend her again and again. Debbi is puctual, professional, and pure fun!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Brooke · event on 10/13/2013

Cantor Debbi made our son Jared's Bar Mitzvah a memorable and wonderful celebration of Judaism and Jared. We could not have been more moved with her words. From preparation of prayers to learning the meaning of this day, Debbi was spot on. Our friends who are not Jewish and our friends who are conservative could not stop talking about our service. We would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2013

I give Cantor Debbie Ballard 5 stars across the board, her beautiful voice had everyone in tears of joy. We laughed and we cried in a perfect harmonious balance. Debbie was the PERFECT fit for us!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Marianne · Married on 04/06/2013

Debbi is absolutely wonderful to work with. She really takes the time to make sure you and your spouse feel comfortable with what the ceremony is going to be like. There were no surprises - which I liked! Everyone was raving about our ceremony and about Debbi. We loved working with her!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Melissa · event on 12/16/2012

There is no one better than Cantor Debbi! She is the total package. From tutoring my son and building a strong relationship with him to the actual date of the event, Debbi gives 100%. Our son's Bar Mitzvah service was personal and heartfelt. He did an amazing job which is a true testament to Debbi and her dedication to her students and their families. Cantor Debbi will forever be a part of our family.

Rachael · Married on 08/18/2012

I feel so fortunate to have found Debbi. What struck me was her professionalism, compassion, and philosophy about the world. She is open-minded and non-judgemental. She made our wishes to have an interfaith wedding easy. She didn't make me feel like a bad Jew for wanting the wedding during Shabbat along with the other non-traditional wishes my husband and I held. My husband is Christian and we both wanted that respected equally at our wedding. Luckily, both of our families are open-minded and Debbi fit right in. During the time that we had found her, we had endured a very deep loss and Debbi counseled me in a manner that left me feeling at peace, hopeful, and amazed at how 'outside the box' she thinks and speaks. It is comforting and I knew she was the one for our wedding. She was always there for us throughout the year before our wedding. She is located in Fort Lauderdale and we are in New York City. She always had time (I could never figure out how with her incredible schedule) and never made herself seem put out by our desire to speak to her. When I met her in person the weekend of our wedding, I felt like I'd known her my entire life. We both agreed that she is so open-minded in her spirituality that we would join her synagogue in a heartbeat if we were closer to Florida.
    I have already recommended her to my Florida friends. Debbi is a sweetheart who provides comfort when needed while giving your wedding the peace, beauty, class, and personalization you wish for. She made everything perfect and left us with no regrets.
    Sidenote: Due to Debbi's openness and her belief that all people deserve love, equality, and inner peace along with the fact that she exudes kindness and non-judgement, even our family and guests who are interfaith, interracial, and same sex married loved her, too.
    If you are looking for a balanced person who will make your day special, Debbi is the woman for the job.
    We love you Debbi!!