Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein Reviews

Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 5
  • Tamalin

Tamalin · Married on 08/24/2019

Magical experience

Rabbi-Cantor, Annie Bornstein was a delight to work with. She lead a beautiful ceremony for us that felt magical and meaningful. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Nachemson Goldstein · Married on 06/08/2019

Rabbi Annie Borenstein recently officiated at my son’s wedding. Aside from being a lovely person, her service was inspirational and meaningful. My husband and I received numerous positive comments from our guests. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful memory.

Sent on 06/15/2019

Rachael · Married on 05/18/2019

wonderful!

Rabbi Annie is so nice and thoughtful, and went through exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She made sure to talk with my husband and I about ourselves and learned about us and our personalities. Everyone said our ceremony was beautiful and we were extremely happy with Rabbi Annie!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Wow! Thank G-d for Rabbis like Annie Bornstein!

Wow! We are beyond grateful for the way Rabbi Annie officiated our wedding on May 18th and the many months she spent getting to know us beforehand. It was truly such a beautiful introduction into Judaism for my husband and I am proud to have her be the first Rabbi he has gotten to know. Her openness of our interfaith marriage, generosity of your time, thoughtfulness and guidance has been unprecedented in our experience so far.

The words she spoke during our wedding were the most meaningful, I truly felt like she witnessed our love story, uplifted the best in us, and helped us navigate any challenges. What a privilege it has been having Rabbi Annie usher us into this new stage of our lives!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Abigail · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful Rabbi

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Rabbi Annie for our wedding. We hit it off with her from the start and felt she truly cared about us. She included many marriage counseling sessions which we enjoyed and found to be useful. She was always very flexible with scheduling meetings and was always open to meeting us. She really got to know us well and did an excellent job personalizing our service. We absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Courtney · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect ceremony!

Rabbi Annie made our wedding ceremony so unbelievably special . She is a wonderful, fun and compassionate person who really cares about people and made sure our ceremony was perfectly tailored to us. I always looked forward to talking to her leading up to the ceremony and it was as if we had known her forever! People kept coming up to us during the wedding saying they were blown away with her voice and how beautiful it was. I feel very blessed to have had her as part of our special day and I could not imagine having anyone else marry us!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Stuart Bell · Married on 03/16/2019

Authenticity, compassion, accessibility and eloquence - a gifted rabbi and truly special person

Rabbi Annie is kind, knowledgeable and incredibly dedicated to giving you the wedding ceremony that best captures your experiences and preferences as a couple. Her program ensures a ceremony filled with love and authenticity because she's committed to learning about you as individuals and as a couple. When my father became gravely ill, Rabbi Annie readily agreed to perform a special ceremony for him the same day our larger ceremony was already planned. She graciously managed through our last-minute logistical changes and led us through an emotional day with compassion and poise. We feel extremely fortunate to have chosen a rabbi who prioritizes the needs of her couples and works with a joyfulness that was both soothing and inspiring.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2019

We are so happy!

Rabbi Bornstein was such a huge and integral part of our wedding. We received so many compliments about the ceremony and Ketubah signing. It really was so special and personalized to us and our relationship. We felt so supported by Annie during the whole process and learned more about ourselves and the tools to build a strong marriage along the way. Many people have told us that it was the best ceremony they've ever been to, and we completely agree. Rabbi Bornstein was one of our favorite vendors and we'd choose her again and again!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Meredith · Married on 10/08/2018

Incredible ceremony

Rabbi Annie led an incredibly meaningful and moving ceremony for our interfaith wedding. She took the time to get to know us and craft a ceremony with us - providing the right balance of freedom and advice. Throughout the evening, people asked us where we found such an incredible Rabbi and how beautiful the ceremony was. Her ceremony reflected that she really knew us as individuals and a couple - there was not a dry eye in the house!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Aleeza

Aleeza · Married on 10/06/2018

A wonderful Jewish-Persian-American wedding!

We got married on October 6, 2018 and had a Jewish-Persian wedding.
    We were nervous we would not find someone that could manage both cultures, but Annie was a pleasure to work with! She really has a great grasp on different cultures and how to meet the needs of each tradition that is important to both partners. Although she offers some opinions on how the ceremony may work best, she is open to different ideas and figuring out how everything will work. In the end, our ceremony was truly amazing and we couldn't have done it without her! We are so pleased that we chose her to guide us through and help create our vision.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2018

Authentic & Kind

We highly recommend Rabbi Annie, especially for an interfaith couple like us. With her guidance and support, we built even stronger bonds leading up to our ceremony. On our wedding day, she led a beautiful ceremony and helped make our day even more special. Many of our family and friends complimented her and noted how special it all felt. We agree. Thank you, Rabbi Annie

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 6

Christine · Married on 06/30/2018

It was incredible working with Rabbi Annie. She took the time do really get to know us and made the ceremony exactly what we were looking for. After the wedding so many people said the ceremony was perfect and said that she did an amazing job.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Samer · Married on 06/10/2018

Cantor Annie B! What a person she is! She married my wife Lisa and me and we couldn't have been happier with the service she provided (and still floating on a cloud 2 weeks later!!) It was a spiritual, wonderful and a deep weighted ceremony. She had kind, simple words that meant something, you know? I would recommend her service to anyone whose looking for a Cantor to get them married! She's the bomb! Thanks Annie :)

Sent on 06/24/2018

Leigh · Married on 06/09/2018

Rabbi Annie is amazing!! She met with my husband and I multiple times before our wedding. She gave us great advice and made us feel confident going into our wedding. She was wonderful in laying out in detail how the service would go and gave us multiple options based on how religious, in depth, and long we wanted it to be. She allowed us to incorporate both our families and gave wonderful detail during the ceremony about what was happening and why for those not of the Jewish faith.

During our sessions with Rabbi Annie, my husband and I spoke at length about what we wanted our future marriage to look like and why we loved each other. Rabbi Annie was able to succinctly put that all into words during our ceremony in such a way that my husband was brought to tears. In her ability to put our words into such a beautiful speech, she truly illustrated how well she had gotten to know us and understood us, as if she had known us forever.

During the ceremony my maid of honor passed out, bringing the ceremony to an abrupt halt. Rabbi Annie was a consummate professional and was able to get the ceremony back on track and make us feel that nothing was missed or taken away. I received multiple compliments from my wedding attendees for her wonderful words, voice, and how she handled the unexpected incident.

Sent on 06/17/2018

sharoh · Married on 05/27/2018

Rabbi Annie conducted a beautiful wedding ceremony for us at Comus Inn. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple and made the ceremony so meaningful. She is a Cantor as well and sang the 7 blessings which was so lovely! We highly recommend her

Sent on 05/28/2018

Alex · Married on 05/19/2018

Rabbi-Cantor Bornstein did an AMAZING job with us! She was such a joy to work with throughout the entire process, and we couldn't be happier to have worked with her. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Cher · Married on 05/12/2018

Rabbi Annie is warm, loving, and now a member of the family. Getting my daughter from a place of no formal Jewish education to confidently ready for her Bat Mitzvah in 1 year was no easy feat. Her genuine love and support for my daughter created a strong bond between them that was a privilege to witness. Her flexibility and sense of humor created an environment that allowed my daughter to relax, focus, and learn...quickly mastering the Hebrew alphabet and beautifully reading from Torah. With her guidance my daughter met and surpassed any expectations that we had. We are looking forward to my son beginning the process next year and happy that we will get to spend more time with our friend Rabbi Annie!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 7
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 8
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 9
    Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein 10

Linda · event on 05/11/2018

My husband and I contacted Rabbi Annie last year to inquire about her services to prepare our granddaughter for her Bat Mitzvah. Immediately upon meeting her, we knew how fortunate it was that our paths had crossed.

Rabbi Annie began preparing her in small increments that gave her the needed confidence to gain a strong grasp on the Hebrew required. She also gave her the necessary knowledge of the history behind the prayers and traditions.

In the practical sense, Rabbi Annie was upfront with all the costs and time commitments involved. She was always punctual and prepared. As a 12 year old, our granddaughter found it easy to relate to her and she enjoyed sharing all aspects of her life with her during her sessions. She knew that she would find a good listener when she told her about school projects and her beloved dance competitions!

Last night’s service was incredible. Rabbi Annie’s gentle guidance and beautiful voice only enhanced the proud evening as we observed our granddaughter becoming a bat mitzvah. Rabbi Annie customized her words with meaningful quotes from legendary dancers in a way that was so ideal for her. She made a marvelous evening extraordinary.

With no hesitation, I would recommend Rabbi Annie’s services. Many people come into our lives but not everyone comes and stays. Certainly Rabbi Annie is one of those people.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Eleanor · Married on 04/21/2018

We are very happy that we chose Rabbi Annie. We conducted all of our pre-wedding meetings online, as we live outside of the DC area, and she was very accommodating with scheduling. She took time to get to know us and learn about our relationship, in addition to asking us to reflect on our relationship.

Planning the ceremony with Rabbi Annie was easy. She walked us through different options for how the ceremony could proceed, including different levels of Jewish-ness. She also had thoughtful suggestions for how we could incorporate personal touches into the ceremony- for example, using a family Kiddush cup, and being wrapped in my husband’s grandfather’s tallis during the benediction. My family has many non-Jewish members, and, at our request, Rabbi Annie made sure to explain what was going on at different points during the ceremony so as to include all of our guests.

The ceremony was beautiful and her remarks made it feel very personal. Several of our guests remarked to us how much they enjoyed the ceremony! Overall, we couldn’t be happier to have chosen Rabbi Annie as our officiant, and recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/13/2018

Rabbi Annie was awesome! I loved that she took a lot of time to get to know is through Skype and was flexible with us. She is nonjudgmental, supportive, kind, and an all around wonderful person. I loved how she explained the Jewish aspects of the ceremony well and added some humor. So many said that the ceremony was the best that they’ve seen.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Julie · Married on 04/07/2018

We used rabbi Annie for our son's bar mitzvah and had a great experience. I would highly recommend her. About a year ago, my son decided that he wanted a bar mitzvah despite having never attended a traditional religious school program. Annie is an amazing teacher -- within a year my son went from not knowing any Hebrew to being able to chant his Torah portion perfectly. She provided excellent guidance for his speech and mitzvah project, and created a meaningful service for our family. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend Annie.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Mandy · event on 02/17/2018

Rabbi Annie was an absolute joy to work with. She had a wonderful demeanor and was so easy to work with. She was fast at communicating and getting all the details set for our daughter's Hebrew baby naming. Even right before the service as things started to get a bit overwhelming and even a bit chaotic Rabbi Annie was warm and calming. I recommend her highly. We were so happy with her services that we want her to be the Rabbi for our son's Bar Mitzvah.

Sent on 02/23/2018

David · Married on 12/09/2017

We had a great experience with Rabbi Annie. Even though we were in different cities, she made a real effort to get to know us through several Skype sessions in the months leading up to the wedding. She listened and worked with us to help us create the ceremony that we wanted, and was extremely flexible in meeting our needs. The ceremony she produced was personal and meaningful to us, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Afterwards we received numerous words of praise from our guests. We would highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Leah · Married on 11/18/2017

Working with Rabbi Annie was both fun and easy. As soon as I spoke to her on the phone for the first time, I knew she was the one to marry me and my husband! As she is located in MD and us in Philadelphia, we often used Skype and Facetime to connect on a monthly basis in order to get to know each other. My husband ins't religious, and I consider myself to be, so she help us tailor the ceremony that fit us perfectly, of which we had complete say in. She is a great listener, and delivered an extremely heartfelt ceremony at our wedding. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was, and now even a few of our family members will be using her for their upcoming weddings! I would 100% recommend her to anyone!! <3 Thank you for everything Rabbi Annie!! xox L + R

Sent on 11/28/2017

Margot · Married on 10/07/2017

Where to even start?? Rabbi Annie truly made our day so special! When we first started looking for an officiant, we knew that we wanted to have a ceremony that was personal and inclusive-- and Rabbi Annie delivered! After the ceremony we heard from dozens of guests about just how wonderful and unique the ceremony was. We can't thank Rabbi Annie enough for ensuring that our wedding day was all that we hoped it would be!

Sent on 10/15/2017