Jewell Events Catering Reviews

32 | Chicago, IL

32 Reviews for Jewell Events Catering

Maggie · Married on 09/08/2018

I couldn't give higher praise of Jewell Catering. They were incredibly responsive, took care of all of our requests including having a chocolate fountain and we were able to drop off our table settings/wedding favors to their location ahead of time so they were able to set it all up for us when we got there. They were amazing and I hope to get a chance to work with them again.

Christina · Married on 06/09/2018

ewell catered our wedding at the Cheney Mansion in Oak Park in June 2018, and they were absolutely perfect! The food and drinks were delicious and the service was incredible, both day-of and during the year-long planning. Dana was consistently so thoughtful and responsive and really went the extra mile in taking care of every detail and special request. I loved working with her, and because of her and the Jewell team, did not have to worry about anything the day of my wedding except to have fun! I cannot recommend them enough. You can tell even from the initial contact and first tasting, Jewell really stands out as exceptional.

Blair · Married on 01/06/2018

Jewell one one of our favorites vendors to work with. Their food was amazing, but the service was even better. Jenna and Melanie were incredible every step of the way. They had an answer for all of our questions, and they made everything flow seamlessly. They are so much more than just a caterer! They helped coordinate with all of our vendors and set the day-of schedule. On the big day they provided an incredible calming presence and made sure everything ran smoothly, down to managing the lighting level and cuing everyone in the bridal party down the aisle. We HIGHLY recommend Jewell Events Catering to anyone getting married in Chicago!

Danielle · Married on 05/28/2017

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Jewell Events Catering and, more specifically, with Kristin! She was extremely patient throughout the entire process, with us changing our menu options a few times and the end product being exactly what we were looking for - an upscale, urban BBQ. We received tons of compliments on the food! Kristin went above and beyond, providing priceless advice throughout, helping us set up decorations, handing out ice cream at our ice cream cart and much much more. I highly recommend!

Emily · Married on 11/12/2016

Jewell was a delight to work with and the food was delicious for our wedding at the Newberry Library in November 2016! Kristin and Jenna provided great communication and coordination both on our actual wedding day and leading up to it. Their organization made the logistics and last minute changes easy to deal with – they are truly pros. The servers and bar tenders were on top of things all night long. We have received multiple compliments on the food (particularly the salad and beef). We were thrilled with Jewell from beginning to end and highly recommend them!

Ellie · Married on 06/25/2016

I highly recommend Jewell for your next event! I worked with Jenna for my wedding and she helped to pull off the perfect day. She was incredibly easy to work with and made accommodations for us throughout the entire planning process and attended to our families, my husband and myself the night of the reception. The service was seamless and the food was delicious. Everything was very well timed, organized, and professional. After multiple catering tastings Jewell was the only caterer in Chicago that met all of our needs and I am happy to say they exceeded our expectations!

I worked with Jenna and Dana for our October 2015 wedding. Jewell Events offered an extensive and customizable menu offering at a competitive price. Upon our tasting, it was clear how attentive to detail they are. We walked into our appointment and the table was already set with the settings we selected. Dana walked us through a few of our different menu choices and had honest responses about a couple of our potential options (i.e. ice cream cookie sandwich was messy). Every question we had they were able to accommodate or offer a recommendation (like my ideas for a solid chocolate menu as a favor and groom's "cake" doughnuts (which ended up being served alongside the coffee station...genius!). Dana attended our walk-through with our venue coordinator, and again their attention to detail shined as questions regarding bar placement, quantity of chairs in each row for the ceremony (since we were doing a few rentals through them as well), and more solidified our plans and calmed some pre-wedding nerves. The day of Jenna really took care of not only us, but our guests as well. I loved how they served water and wine by tray immediately after our ceremony going into cocktail hour. I loved how we had plates upon plates of hor dourves for our special bride & groom "dinner" (the stand outs were the empanadas and short ribs in a tomato soup muffin). I especially loved how when our family was taking pictures with us during cocktail hour the waitstaff came and made sure they were fed since they were not able to join the rest of our guests at that time. We received a lot of compliments on the entrees (apple, currant, caramelized onion, and caraway stuffed chicken breast/grilled marinated white fish/rustic vegetable galette)! Both the ceremony and reception spaces with the gold chairs, tan linens, gold flatware, and the decor items set up by their staff (my florist and I provided them) looked exactly how I envisioned them. They didn't miss a beat!

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

I am a Wedding Planner with Storybook Weddings and Events here in Chicago, and I had the pleasure of working with Katherine back in October. The wedding was at Chez Event Space, where Jewell works often. Working with Katherine was so great, she was quick to respond to questions that my couple had, and she was also quick with solutions to any concerns that we had. On wedding day their team executed everything wonderfully... you could tell that they were true pros and great service comes naturally! Thank you for everything, I can't wait to work with you all again soon!

We worked with Jenna and Dana for our wedding. From the very beginning, both were extremely accommodating. As we planned our destination wedding in Chicago while living in two different cities, both Jenna and Dana were quick to respond by email and put together a beautiful tasting although only one of us could make it. We worked together to develop a menu that really fit our needs and wants, and they were happy to meet our financial constraints with discounts and some complimentary items. On the day of, we ran into a problem with the color of our linens, but both Jenna and Dana apologized and offered compensation to make amends. We went to many tastings and came away with the best option in a crowded and highly competitive Chicago wedding market. We are very thankful to have worked with Jenna and Dana! Thank you.

Kora · Married on 09/20/2014

"My goal was to have my wedding guests enjoy quality food and drinks, to delight in great conversations over smells and tastes… Jewell Catering was exactly what we were looking for. They did an unbelievable job from the hors d'Oeuvres to the desserts, our guests were delighted! Jewell Catering created a team to design and serve one of the best tasting meals I have had. Jenna was the head of the team at Jewell. She communicated flawlessly to myself, the rest of her team, and the wedding planner. Together she planned for us to enjoy passed hors d'Oeuvres , a raw bar (that our guests still rave about), a skirt steak station, hand-picked salads with a layered tower, champagne toast, gourmet bread baskets, steak house-inspired entrees, children's menu, coffee and dessert stations, vendor meals, spirits, and an amazing cake! Our guest smelled the steaks cooking and tasted the rich foods with awe. the presentation was beautiful. Jewell Events Catering is a one-stop shop for food, drinks, and many needed rentals. The owner, Greg, met with myself and my husband multiple times to create exactly what we were asking for in a meal. He invited our vendors to set up a table that looked just like what we would expect on our big day, weeks before our wedding. He served samples of every course in our meal to both my husband and I and even six members of our family. Pinterest has nothing on Greg and Jenna. I highly recommend Jewell Events Catering for any of your catering needs! I know I will use them again."

Alison · Married on 11/03/2012

My fiancé (now husband) and I chose George Jewell through a preferred vendor list provided by our venue (the Chicago History Museum). We went in for our first tasting and immediately were blown away by the food, and Dana’s professionalism. We had such a hard time narrowing down the hors d’oeuvres to six from seven that we moved the extra to our late night snack. When we went in for a second tasting to re-try the beef course the chef had created 3 brand new options for us to try. Throughout the process Dana was very helpful and always responded to emails promptly. She was so easy to work with and had great ideas. The night of the wedding she not only put a tray of hors d’oeuvres in the bridal suite for me and my fiancé to snack on before the craziness began, but she also had the kitchen quickly whip up something for my 6 year old nephew to eat preventing a major meltdown. We highly recommend George Jewell!!! And ask for Dana, she is great !

Linda · Married on 09/22/2012

I was so happy with Jewell from Day 1. We selected the Rookery as our venue - which only works with two caterers: Jewell and Blue Plate. Immediately Kristin and Dana responded to my inquiry and asked about all our vision they knew who we were and what we were looking for before I even got the automated welcome response from Blue Plate. Throughout the whole process Kristin and Dana worked with us on various changes and answered our hundreds of questions very promptly. Not to mention they are such sweethearts and great to work with!

Would I recommend? ABSOLUTELY!

After looking at many different caterers and going to several tastings, we came to Jewell, and realized immediately how wonderful they are. The food is extremely high quality, tastes great, and is beautifully arranged. We got tons of compliments from our guests, who said it was the best wedding food they had eaten. In addition to all that, our catering manager Gregory was so much fun to work with, answered all of my many questions beforehand, and took care of all the little details that will make you crazy but you don't have time to think about on the day of. Although they charge a little bit more than some other places, the superior food and service makes it an extremely worthwhile investment -- we are absolutely thrilled with the job they did.

Teresa · Married on 05/18/2012

Jewell Weddings, a division of Jewell Events Catering, is an excellent choice for a wedding reception vendor. In May, 2012, Jewell provided buffet service for our daughter’s event but it was the preparation leading up to the wedding that sets them apart. Dana Konya, our event coordinator with Jewell, along with administrator Tim Garcia helped us navigate a sticky situation when an unprecedented world event caused upheaval in the event business in Chicago. Also, in the planning stages, Dana and the chef were very accommodating when we wanted to use family recipes and some home grown food for the party and the Jewell staff fixed them to perfection. Because we had to shift venues just a couple months before the wedding, there was lots of communication and Dana was quick to reply and help, a much valued attribute as so many previous arrangements had to be scuttled and new plans had to come together quickly. Finally, Dana’s warm smile and easy manner helped this mother of the bride enjoy the evening knowing that there was a skilled banquet manager looking over the meal and the staff serving it! Well done Jewell Catering!

Deborah · Married on 09/17/2011

Dana Konya was the wedding coordinator for my daughter's wedding at The Rookery on 9/17/11. Dana & her team are simply wonderful! From the beginning, Dana was responsive, creative, & fun to work with - an absolute delight & a true professional. She managed to take our vision & turn it into an even more beautiful reality. Her advice, suggestions & referrals were all spot-on.
    I was complimented all night on how perfect everything was - venue, food, lighting - all was perfection! I also want to recognize the wait staff. The service was absolutely flawless from start to finish. I am not aware of a single glitch & if there was one - it was transparent to me & I don't want to know about it!

Meg · Married on 08/20/2011

We have gotten countless compliments on both the food itself as well as the service. The folks at Jewell Events really worked with us from the start to make the reception so memorable, and worked within our budget without being snooty. Our tasting was fantastic and while the choices were somewhat overwhelming everything was delicious and they helped us to choose our menu. The food we had at the reception matched what we had for the tasting, so everything was great. The bartenders were professional and quick. What was impressive is that they somehow could keep track of what guests were drinking and had drinks ready for them before they got up to the bar.The whole experience was flawless, you won't regret working with Jewell

Leyla · Married on 05/21/2011

We had a wedding reception at The Rookery building and Jewell Catering was the only catering company for the venue. We couldn't be happy with the service and flexibility with Jewell! We wanted a few items that were not on Jewell's list of dishes and they were able to make it happen. We had such a great time at our tasting and Jewell Catering told us our guests will leave satisfied and full. And they were right! Our guests are still raving about our wedding menu, the desserts and the late night snacks! and we owe it all to Jewell. Thank you Dana, Gregory and Kristen!

jen · Married on 01/22/2011

WONDERFUL!! Jewell Events was so flexible, so accomodating, I was so happy with every detail of my wedding. The food was amazing, and they did such a good job. I recommend them completely!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/09/2010

As a former event planner I knew exactly what I wanted in a caterer. Apparently giving a detailed synopsis of your desires is difficult for most caterers. Then I sent a request to Dana at Jewell Events and it was a match made in heaven! Dana went out of her way to meet all of our requests including the numerous amounts of personal touches and requests. She did a phenomenal job coming in right on budget and I would've been lost without her for last minute items. The food was amazing and the service was fantastic!

Jennifer · Married on 05/08/2010

Jewell Events Catering was a wonderful company to work with while planning my wedding. I loved the Wedding Consultant I worked with, Dana Konya! She really captured how fun it can be to play with different ideas for food and decorating the venue. I also enjoyed how flexible she was throughout the entire planning process-changes always seem to come up at the last minute and they really accommodating every request. Compared to other caterers I looked at, they gave the highest level of personalized customer service and had the best price around. They are definitely doing something right!
    I highly recommend working with Jewell Catering for weddings, work, or any event.

• aritter

Amy · Married on 03/27/2010

Linda was amazing at putting together the perfect menu options and for helping out with everything during the wedding to make it a perfect night. Her head staff, Mike, helped us with how to cut the cake, when to bring in the courses for food, and to help queue the dj for varying music. It was a wonderful night that went smoothly because of them.

Susan · Married on 04/23/2011

Everything about our wedding with Jewell Events Catering was wonderful. Dana and Gregory helped make our day run so smoothly and enabled us to not have to worry about a single thing. I tend to have difficulty with patience in our extremely electronic world, but both Dana and Gregory ensured that everything was exactly how we wanted it for our wedding. They met all the dietary needs of our guest without even a question! They were wonderful! The food was great! The Service was great! Thanks Jewell Events for exceeding our expectations!

Rebecca · Married on 08/20/2017

Kristin at Jewell was amazing to work with! From the initial tasting to meeting me at the venue (Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum) to pick out linens (I didn't know what I was doing and wasn't sure I particularly cared, but she was so helpful in steering me in the right direction!) to the day-of, she was calm and organized. The timing of our wedding was a bit off because of weather and a shift of dinner to the indoor space, but Kristin and her staff kept cocktail hour flowing right into dinner without seeming frantic or anything. They also set up a delicious s'more station for us to fit our ourdoorsy theme. The guests had no idea we were off our timeline. In addition, my husband and I are "pescatarian" and wanted a vegetarian meal with fish option. They had no problem working with us to fit the bill!

Laura · Married on 09/18/2015

I worked with Kristin and Stephanie for my September 2015 wedding and was thrilled with the food at our wedding. My husband and I were very excited about how professional Jewell was which included the ability to drop off all our centerpieces and alcohol for our bar since our venue was a BYOB location. If I had not been able to bring all those items two days ahead of the wedding I am sure I would have been a "bridezilla" on the day of the event. But instead I was able to trust that all my directions were carried out by Stephanie on the day of the event. The only point I deducted was on flexibility due to Stephanie being the coordinator on the day of the event, while Kristin had been the person I was in correspondence the most and met with multiple times about all the details to my event. So I felt some of the details had not been passed off between the two gals for the day of the event. But overall these details are minor and I am thrilled looking back at the event of how everything went! I would recommend this company due to all the extra "coordinating" they provided which was what saved me from hiring a professional coordinator. Between my crafting and design ideas, Jewell catering, and Ovation venue .....there was no need for a wedding planner.

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/04/2010

Emily was so amazing to work with!!!!!!! The food was incredible!!!!! All my guests were commenting how amazing their food was!!! The bartenders were remembering what guests were drinking and had drinks ready before they got up to the bar. One bartender even left the bar to come refill my glass for me while I was visiting with guests!!!! Emily is SUPER organized and responds to email within an hour! And did I mention the food?!?!??! I'm vegan and many of the guests were shocked at the vegan cheese quesadillas. The didn't believe me that there was no dairy. You will not regret working with Jewell!!!!!