Jessie Modlin Photography Reviews

25 Jessie Modlin Photography Reviews
  • Kaylee

Kaylee 路 Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Y鈥檃ll I can not even put into words how amazing Jessie is. She is so helpful and knowledgeable, she definitely knows how to capture the perfect shot! I used her for my bridal portraits and my wedding day and I cry just about every time she sends pictures back to me because they are so breathtakingly perfect! My husband and I definitely recommend her, hands down! I absolutely love Jessie and can not wait to work with her in the future 馃挄

• Angela

Angela Wright Ballew 路 Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!!!

Stop searching. Hire her. You will not be disappointed! Hiring a photographer for an out of state wedding is petrifying. After speaking with Jessie on the phone I knew she would be professional. We had fun taking the pics on our wedding day, and the pics are gorgeous! Jessie is such a sweet soul. I can鈥檛 say enough wonderful things.

Heather 路 Married on 07/21/2018

From the moment we sat down with Jessie we knew she was the photographer for us! She made us feel so comfortable and was very responsive to our wants and needs. She is the kind of photographer that knows how to pose you and make you look good but is open to any ideas you have as well. After one engagement session we loved her so much we referred her to our best friends for their wedding! Compared to other companies in the area, Jessie is definitely the best price for the value she delivers (which is top notch by the way!) You definitely want her there for your wedding day!!!!

Mary 路 Married on 06/30/2018

We are so glad we hired Jessie as our wedding photographer. She was excellent at communicating and responding, and we were able to schedule our engagement photos, my bridal photos and our wedding day with no stress at all! Jessie's positive personality shines and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera the entire time.
    She is organized, makes sure each person is comfortable and happy and has so many great ideas for poses and knows how to execute a fantastic picture. The quality of her photos is outstanding and she edits/delivers them back very soon after she shoots, which is even more exciting that she posts sneak peaks the DAY AFTER your wedding! We were able to look at these few photos that kept us so excited to see more.
    We can't thank Jessie enough for how smooth our wedding day went because of her knowledge of wedding photography and how everything flowed. We were able to get all of the photos we wanted and they have come back even better than we could've imagined.
    Thank you for making our day so special and so easy!!! Everyone has complimented on how beautiful our photos have turned out and we really felt so relaxed having you as our photographer, and can't wait to have these memories forever!!

Jessie Modlin Photography 6
    Jessie Modlin Photography 11
    Jessie Modlin Photography 12
    Jessie Modlin Photography 13

Laura 路 Married on 06/23/2018

Jessie was amazing to work with. We can not say enough positive things about our experience! Not only are the photos she takes absolutely gorgeous, we never stopped laughing the whole time. She is so personable and instantly makes you feel like you have known her forever. We live in Knoxville so it made me nervous to book someone we had never met and was out of town but Jessie was so professional and it worked out perfectly! She also did our engagement pictures which was a great way to warm up to the camera and get to know Jessie! She is amazing and I recommend her to everyone I talk to!

Bradley 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Jessie is the BEST! She photographed our wedding and we cannot say enough about how much we love our photos! We will cherish them for a lifetime. But beyond her beautiful talent as a photographer, she is the kindest and most wonderful person. She was so easy to work with- she made us feel comfortable and is very easy going- always wanting to make every moment special. Our wedding party had so much fun with her and spoke so highly of what a professional she was with all of us. Also, Jessie is affordable- which is amazing when we were planning on a pretty tight wedding budget!!! We connected with Jessie immediately when we first met her (like someone you just have to friends with) , and that's what she does- connects with you, the wedding party, and the guests! Her photos capture all the best parts of the day we love the most- and more importantly the people we love the most! We would recommend Jessie to anyone and everyone- like we said, she's the best!!
    -Cait and Brad

Megan 路 Married on 05/26/2018

We absolutely loved having Jessie as our photographer! She made our engagement photos and wedding photos so much fun and relaxing! She was very kind and had a warm personality! We had a full day event, she was with us from 11:00AM until 9:00PM, capturing photos of us at the hotel, Taylors Mill, Pretty Place Chapel and the Shirley Roe Cabaret Room. She helped us on keeping our party organized through the day and making sure we get every photo we wanted. Definitely recommend Jessie Modlin Photography for your photography choice!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Jessie Modlin Photography 14
    Jessie Modlin Photography 15
    Jessie Modlin Photography 16

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan! Working with you and Matt (and your family and friends) was so fun, and I loved everything about your day! All the best to you guys!

Rachel 路 Married on 04/14/2018

Working with Jessie over the last year has been incredible. The most important aspect of our wedding for me was our photographer since those wedding day pictures are what you hold onto forever. I chose the $1500 package that includes an engagement shoot/ album and all day service on the big day (she was with me from 11:30 ish to 9:00). Not only was she responsive and encouraging over the last year, she suggested a spot to take engagement pictures and somehow made us look fabulous even though it was 100 degrees outside. On the day of, she showed up with a calming spirit and ready to roll. She calmed me down and asked me throughout the day if I needed anything (water? food?) and got me a sneak peak THE NEXT DAY. I was featured on her blog within a week and she delivered my ENTIRE ALBUM in two weeks!!! I cannot say enough about Jessie. Not only have I gained someone I trust as a photographer for life events but also a friend. Do yourself a favor and HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!!!

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Jessie Modlin Photography 17
    Jessie Modlin Photography 18
    Jessie Modlin Photography 19

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Girl! You are the best! Thank you so very much for your kind words. I feel like I've gained a friend also. You all are the best!!

Stephanie 路 Married on 03/04/2018

Amazing! Jessie was able to stay within my budget and still take some amazing, fun, and very sweet pics for my wedding earlier this month! She took the time to take special photos of various guests; handled the little ones with ease; and just made the day so special with her calm demeanor and amazing eye for a great pic!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie!! Working with you and John (and the family!!) was such a pleasure! Thanks again so much for trusting me with your special day!

Lauren 路 Married on 10/14/2017

Jessie is amazing! She is so sweet and down to earth and has amazing talent! She was great to work with during our wedding last weekend. She's extremely professional and patient. She's kind enough to send a teaser of a handful of photos the day after the wedding, and I'm blown away by how beautiful the photos are. I can't wait to see the rest! I give her the highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Lauren!! It was such an honor working with you and Chris and loved every minute of your wedding day! I can鈥檛 wait to get the rest of the images to you!

Rebecca 路 Married on 10/07/2017

After our previously booked photographer fell through, I reached out to Jessie to see if she was available on our wedding date. She responded right away and unfortunately was unavailable; however, she offered to post an inquiry on a local photography forum on our behalf. The next day she sent us links to 20 photographers who had responded to our post, giving us lots of options and hope that we could find a great replacement with just 3.5 months left until our wedding. Jessie did all of this simply out of the goodness of her heart and we could not be more grateful! If you are lucky enough to have Jessie as your photographer, I am sure you will not be disappointed! Thank you again for your tremendous help!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Rebecca, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for this message. It was my pleasure to help and I wish you all the very best with your wedding planning and upcoming marriage!
  • Kristen

Kristen 路 Married on 10/07/2017

Jessie was so great to work with! Our wedding day flowed so smoothly and Jessie was a huge part of that. I mentioned early on that I wanted my husband and I to do a "first look" so that way we could get as many of the formal pictures out of the way before the ceremony as possible. A couple weeks leading up to the wedding, she contacted me to finalize a timeline and create a list of shots I wanted taken. She also asked for specific family units we wanted for formal pictures and had that list ready to go at our wedding- she knew exactly who was needed and called up our family by name to take our pictures. Other than a few post-ceremony shots we wanted with our wedding rings on, Jessie had ALL of the formal shots of bridesmaids, groomsmen, bridal portraits, family, and first look/couple shots an hour before the ceremony even started, which meant we had time to relax before the ceremony and we could enjoy our reception in its entirety. It was so nice to spend cocktail hour mingling with our guests instead of trying to hurry through pictures, and that is all thanks to Jessie. We even had a few sneak peeks the morning after our wedding, and our entire album within just a few weeks. I've heard so many comments about how beautiful our pictures are and my family still talks about Jessie's professionalism and punctuality, which is what made our day so seamless. Choosing Jessie Modlin Photography was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding and I am so thankful that she came to work with us. Here are a few of my favorite shots from our day!

Jessie Modlin Photography 20
    Jessie Modlin Photography 21
    Jessie Modlin Photography 22

Meagan 路 Married on 09/24/2017

Jessie is AWESOME! She was the photographer for my friends wedding and that is how I met her. She did my engagement, bridal, and my wedding photos! She did not disappoint for any of those sessions! She is so easy to work with, and she is so patient! We literally took every single picture that I had on my Pinterest board! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture my special day! I will definitely be using her again in the future for any of my photography needs!

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Jessie Modlin Photography 30
    Jessie Modlin Photography 31
    Jessie Modlin Photography 32

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Meagan!! Hope you and Brandon have a great Christmas!!

Kenny and Annette 路 Married on 09/23/2017

Jessie did our engagement photo session this past weekend. She was super easy to work with and made us both feel relaxed and enjoy the moment. We have already seen a preview of her work and can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Annette and Kenny! You all are a joy and I can't wait for the wedding!!

Brandon 路 Married on 07/22/2017

Jessie is such a wonderful photographer!!! She definitely has what it takes to be great the best photographer in this area. I will definitely spread the word about her to anyone in need of a photographer. We will definitely be using her more with anything in the photography field.

Roger 路 Married on 06/10/2017

Jess is professional in every aspect and has an eye for more than taking pictures. She senses the right moment and captures it in a way that tells a story. She was recommended to us and I am recommending her to anyone that wants there special moment to be captured with style

Sent on 07/15/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Roger! It was great working with you and Traci! Best wishes to you both!

Megan 路 Married on 05/06/2017

We recently used Jessie to do our engagement pictures and I'm so glad we did! She was incredibly helpful when looking for a location and super flexible with the time and date. I live in Charlotte and she is in Greenville, SC and she drove to me. Jessie also did so much to make is comfortable during our pictures and found the most incredible spots to get the best pictures. And we had the pictures to us in less than a week and they were amazing and get manu complients on how good they are! Can't wait to work with her on our wedding day!!

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Meg! I CANNOT wait for your wedding day! :)

Bethany 路 Married on 04/22/2017

Jessie was so amazing to work with! We did a session together for my bridal portraits and she also photographed my wedding! She made me feel so comfortable in front of the camera and was never intrusive! The pictures look absolutely amazing and I really feel like she captured the natural and candid moments with me and my husband. She is so flexible and easy to work with and made me feel so calm in the midst of all the stress from planning a wedding! I cannot recommend Jessie enough! Her services are so affordable and she is such a great person! I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her the day of my wedding!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Bethany! You and Ryan are the sweetest and I sincerely loved working with you both! Much love to the newlyweds!!

Sue 路 Married on 11/19/2016

I got married at NASCAR Hall of fame and Jessie did awesome at incorporating all the different aspects that made my husband just absolutely thrilled. She is a joy to work with and extremely patient! I will definitely recommend her to anyone who will listen!

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Sue! You all are great and I hope all is well!!

Kacy 路 Married on 10/14/2016

Jessie is an incredible photographer, and she was such a help with our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Both of my parents are wedding photographers, and I was very worried that they would try to step in and take over with our photos. Luckily, Jessie was able to both handle my family and still manage to take beautiful shots for us. On top of the excellent quality photos we received, Jessie also had the best pricing for our needs. We were able to get a package without the frills (again, my folks are photographers, so I didn't need any fancy photo books or canvas prints), which helped us keep our costs down for the wedding. I cannot recommended Jessie enough!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Kacy! It was such a joy working with you and Sean! :)

Knisha 路 Married on 09/24/2016

Jessie is and was as lovely, on spot and easy to work with as can be. We almost did not notice her, but she caught every moment there was, even of such we did not notice. She was there way before the wedding to get comfortable with the area, lighting, etc. Meanwhile we used her as her family photographer many times and are never disappointed. She is usually faster to get the pictures to us than she says. Jessie is wonderful with kids and with every session we have many new favorite pictures of us and our family. She is very responsive and flexible. I hope to work with her many more years to create even more wonderful family memories. She is worth every penny you pay!

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much, Knisha! You all are the best! :)

Jessica 路 Married on 09/26/2015

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Jessie! She did the photos for our wedding and they were absolutely fabulous! At the time of our wedding our son was 9 months old and she was so patient working with him. I plan on having family pictures done in the near future and will definitely be using Jessie! Not only is she a GREAT photographer, she's also a very sweet and kind person. She made sure we were happy throughout the whole day. Love love love her and have recommended her to several people! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! I can't wait to see you 3 next time! :)

Crystal 路 Married on 09/18/2015

Jessie was very professional and a great fit for our engagement and wedding pictures!!!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Jessie Modlin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Crystal! Hope you and James are doing well!
  • Kara

Kara 路 Married on 02/10/2018

2.0
      1.5
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0
      1.0

We are a same-sex couple and when I informed her of that, instead of kindly declining, she sent me her personal religious views. It was very offensive and unprofessional.

Her pricing seemed to be very good and was very communicative and polite until her email that made me feel very uncomfortable. I would not recommend using this photographer if you are a same-sex couple or LGBT Ally.