Jessica Nazarova Photography Reviews

Jessica Nazarova Photography 7
  • Alexa

Alexa Gall · Married on 09/21/2019

Best choice we made!

We stopped meeting with other photographers after meeting Jessica. We loved her portfolio before meeting her and afterwards there was no doubt she was the perfect photographer for the wedding we were planning. Aside from her talent, her fun loving and relaxed attitude made us confident that she was the best photographer for us. Having never done any sort of photo shoot before, she was phenomenal in getting us comfortable being in front of a camera and I think it shows in our pictures. Regularly, she went above and beyond for us. We wanted our wedding portraits shot in a location that she hadn't shot before, so she scouted the location in advance to find the ideal spots. She's also given us countless wedding tips and connected us with several vendors. Not only did our pictures come out great, our wedding was smoother overall because of her help. Her pictures captured the emotion, excitement, and surprise of our wedding day. If she isn't available on your wedding date, considering moving your wedding to a date that she is free!

Sent on 10/03/2019
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 8
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2019

Best wedding photographer, hands down!

Jessica is absolutely the best wedding photographer, hands down! From the beginning, she made us feel comfortable and we loved getting to know her through our engagement session. Leading up to the wedding, she checked in and helped us with shot list and our wedding day timeline. The day of the wedding, she texted me asking if I wanted anything from Starbucks, what photographer is that thoughtful?! She made us feel calm in all our nerves before the ceremony and captured every moment so perfectly. From our wedding parties to our guests, EVERYONE mentioned how kind and amazing Jessica was. By the end of the night, she was a part of our family, and we really cannot imagine the best day of our lives without her there. And in less than 24 hours, she got us a preview, which blew us away and was way more photos than we ever expected to see so quickly! Just through the pictures, we could relive the entire night and could not stop smiling. We cannot thank and recommend Jessica enough for going above and beyond to make our wedding day so special and memorable!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 9
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 10
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 11
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 12

Alyssa · Married on 06/16/2019

The best photographer

Where to begin... Jessica is hands down the best!!!! She is not only a wonderful person but an amazing photographer. She photographed my wedding last weekend and the sneak peaks were absolutely stunning. Jessica made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and wouldn't have wanted anyone else to shoot the best day in our lives. I will cherish these photos for a lifetime.

Sent on 06/22/2019
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 13
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 14
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 15
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 16
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/18/2019

Your wedding photographer search stops here

Where do I even begin. I first knew Jess was the photographer for us by how smoothly our initial phone call went and how easy it was to talk to her (I was in Ohio when I was trying to book vendors for my Maryland wedding). Jess did not try to sell me anything I didn't need and was completely understanding when I told her we had a friend who had offered to do our engagement pictures (most other photographers I spoke with seemed offended by this). Between the day when we booked Jess as our photographer and our wedding day, Jess and I had met a handful of times in person to go over vendors, recommendations, timelines, etc. I have to mention that Jess did not need to do any of this and that none of this was in our contract. The fact that she volunteered her free time to meet with us and help us bring together our wedding vision speaks volumes about not only the kind of person she is but also how much she loves what she does. Over the course of the year leading up to the wedding, Jess would periodically check in with us to see how we were doing. I felt like she became more of a friend than just a vendor that we hired. On the day of our wedding, she not only made sure that everything ran smoothly and that we got all the pictures that we wanted (and our pictures were STUNNING - I still look through them almost daily even 2 months later), but she made sure we felt natural, comfortable, and she made us laugh SO MUCH! She was out on the dance floor with all our guests until the very end of the night, snapping pictures of people breaking it down on the dance floor and boy are we glad we have these pictures. Our guests after the wedding told us that Jess felt more like a member of the family than a photographer at the wedding. We were so incredibly lucky to have her shoot our wedding and be a part of our big day. We miss her already and highly recommend her to all the couples getting hitched in the MD/DC/VA area!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 26
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 27

Brian Anderson · Married on 01/06/2019

First class wedding photographer

We met Jessica for coffee as we were evaluating a handful of photographers for our wedding. She was extremely personable, warm, and made us feel very relaxed but also in control about the whole process. As we got in the car after departing from the coffee shop, my wife and I looked at each other and simultaneously said, "we're booking her." We called her as we were pulling out of the parking lot and told her she was hired. Capturing a hybrid Hindu wedding requires a photographer who knows instinctively what aspects to accentuate with minimal guidance and she nailed it. The photos were amazing, and she delivered us a fully-edited highlight batch to enjoy soon after the wedding while we waited for the full set. While I can ramble on about how well she nailed all of the technical aspects of being a wedding photographer, but the thing I would express the most appreciation for is how invisible she was throughout the entire two days. I don't remember seeing her at any given point unless we were explicitly shooting specific moments, but somehow she managed to capture everything we wanted, exactly how we wanted to remember it. I would 100% book her again without hesitation.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Engagement Photos

We were fortunate enough to work with Jessica earlier this year for our engagement photos. She was responsive and friendly from first contact and we knew right away she was who we wanted to work with. Jessica was really flexible when we were rained out from our photo session and worked with us to quickly reschedule a time that worked for everyone, while still being able to make the sunset time frame work. We ended up with the most perfect afternoon and Jessica went above and beyond to make sure we took advantage of every last minute of golden hour. My husband and I have spent very little time in front of cameras, but Jessica was able to gently guide us, without it feeling forced or overly posed. We had the best time and it felt like we were spending the afternoon with an old friend, rather than someone we had just met. We received our photos shortly after and were thrilled with how they turned out! Jessica takes so much pride in her work and we felt like we were in great hands. We are so glad we were able to work with her and will be recommending her to all of our friends!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Anna · Married on 09/29/2018

Selecting Jessica as our photographer was one of the first and best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. On the day you book Jessica you should also add a ton of picture frames to your registry, because picking which of her amazing images to display is almost impossible (and that’s just from our sneak peek, which she delivered the day after our ceremony!). When looking at her portfolio we were excited about the colors and emotions her pictures capture, and our wedding photos reflect exactly that. Even the family portraits reveal personality and moments together we are so grateful that she photographed.

What the pictures don’t tell you is how supportive Jessica is through the wedding process. From helping us figure out what lighting to add to a tent reception to recommending a great hair and makeup artist, her expertise extended far beyond the day of our wedding. During a panic about the weather requiring an unplanned indoor ceremony 2 weeks before our wedding, Jessica sent the most reassuring email explaining her game plan if that occured, and with suggestions to maximize the indoor area. We ended up having a beautiful sunny day, but hearing about Jessica’s “flash game” and seeing examples of it in a similar tent definitely allowed us to breath easier.

Jessica is also an amazing professional. On the day of our wedding she was efficient but not brusque when working through the family portraits we requested. We knew that with a later ceremony time we were working with a limited amount of light, and she took advantage of every second. She had not shot at our venue before, and at our request she visited in advance to scope out spots for pictures. She listened to our opinion of what locations around the property we preferred as a backdrop and gave us the right amount of direction to create beautiful pictures without feeling too posed.

We cannot recommend Jessica highly enough, we will look back at her joyful photos often!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Jessica is far and away one of the coolest and kindest people we’ve met during the year and a half since we got engaged. Our getting to know you coffee ended up being a two hour conversation about video games, food, and family. Through the engagement photos and wedding itself Jessica kept us laughing and relaxed. I think she spent more time on our dance floor than anyone else! She works her butt off, and her passion for her craft shows in all of her photos.

Besides being a dope person and a fantastic photographer, Jessica is professional—on time, available via email and text to answer questions, give you advice about vendors, or help you pick visual details. From the moment we met, we knew we were in good hands. I will be recommending her to every person I meet that’s engaged!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Jessica was a dream to work with. She was super kind from the beginning -- we did a phone call and meshed really well together, then we met for coffee which allowed us to get to know each other a little more. Jessica took the time and effort to get to know us as a couple, which I think truly made our photos better. We don't really like being photographed or being the center of attention, but Jess made us feel comfortable to be ourselves. Throughout planning, she was helpful and accommodating, and she provided us with lots of advice beyond photography (ie vendor recs, tips on flowers, etc). Jessica was extremely responsive to text and email (including calming me down and assuring me the photos would still be great when I panicked the day before because of a 90% chance of rain!) She was flexible and active throughout the entire wedding day. Many of our guest commented on how kind, personable, friendly, and skilled she is! She was also great with our one-year old niece, capturing lots of adorable photos of her. She made everyone comfortable while capturing so many moments of the day. On top of being an amazing person to work with, the photos are of course absolutely stunning. The turnaround was very quick- we got a sneak peak 2 days after the wedding! Every shot -- candid, portrait, detail shots - is edited to perfection. We would highly recommend hiring Jessica for your wedding photography --would give more than 5 stars if we could!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Melanie · Married on 03/25/2018

Jessica did an AMAZING job with our wedding pictures at La Ferme. From the start, Jessica was willing to help Joey and I plan our timeline for our special day. She met us at Starbucks and provided awesome recommendations. She was able to learn about my personality and my husband's personality during our meetings (which definitely showed in the pictures!)

Looking back at our photos now, it is almost like we had a videographer. I can now remember my wedding from the beginning to the end!! She is very creative and did a great job executing our first look pictures. She also caught the best moments on camera (like me looking so scared getting lifted in the chair during the hora!)

My mom and I are so excited to work with Jessica to make a photo book. It's going to be tough picking from all the amazing pictures!! Thanks again Jessica!!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Jessica Nazarova Photography 28

Phoebe · Married on 12/10/2017

Jessica is a great photographer! She was just as excited about our wedding as we were, and really helped put us at ease with things as we got closer to the wedding and especially day of! Very professional, friendly, she was non-intrusive during the ceremony and reception. We couldn't have asked fora better experience and would recommend her hands down in the future to anyone looking for an awesome photographer!!

Sent on 12/18/2017
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

5 stars truly isn't enough. Jessica deserves *ALL* the stars! From the first email correspondence and phone call, I knew Jessica was going to be the perfect photographer for our big day. Not only was her storytelling style exactly what we were looking for, but her personality just fit well with us. Over the year of wedding planning before the wedding, I turned to Jessica multiple times, not only for photography questions, but also for general wedding advice. I am the first of my friends and family to get married and really didn't know what I was doing. She answered all my questions (and there were many) without judgment and provided vendor recommendations as well as advice. On the day of the wedding, Jessica was on time and immediately started capturing the details of the day. We also had a second shooter, Stephanie, for a few hours, who worked mostly with the guys. My husband said she was very kind and professional as well. At the reception, Jessica was all over the dance floor with us -- she's mastered multitasking of dancing and photographing :) The day after the wedding (yes, the very next day), Jessica sent us the link to our sneak peek gallery -- which wasn't a sneak peek at all. There were over 75 photos! The day after the wedding!! Amazing. It's almost sad to think that we're now done working with Jessica. She truly was a dream vendor. If you're looking for a personable, professional photographer to capture the true feelings and emotions of your big day, do yourself a favor and contact Jess! :)

Sent on 11/05/2017

Jacquelyn · Married on 09/30/2017

Where do I begin?! Jessica is simply an amazing photographer ( amazing probably isn’t even the best word to describe her). Jessica took our engagement and wedding photos. From our first phone call a year ago, to our wedding day on September 30th Jessica was full of tons of advice , checked in with us regularly and was super responsive to emails! My now husband and I had never taken professional photos , but Jessica was able to make us feel at ease and take some of the most beautiful pictures of us that truly captured our love story. When we received our engagement photos they were so amazing and we could not wait for Jessica to capture our wedding. Come September, Jessica seemed more like a family member than “just” a wedding photographer. She was able to capture every special moment, and understood overall what was important to my husband and I! Every photo we received from our wedding”sneak peak” was breathtaking and far exceeded our expectations. If you are looking for a photographer that goes the extra mile and is invested in her couples, look no further! Trust me you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Paula · Married on 09/16/2017

Booking a photographer was by far the most stressful decision I made while planning my wedding. I probably interviewed 15 photographers and took about 3 months to make a decision because I couldn't decide. I can honestly say I made the best choice by picking Jessica! She is not only an amazing photographer, but she's an amazing human being. My husband and I genuinely enjoyed hanging out with her during our engagement photos and at our wedding. So many of our guests said how great she was and this was before they even saw the incredible pictures she took. I was initially blown away by our engagement photos, which we did on the national mall and I didn't think our wedding pictures would ever match it, but they did. Jessica literally captured everything at our wedding!! We also had a second shooter there who was wonderful (shout out to Eric, AKA E$ - totally recommend asking Jessica to book him as her second shooter!!). They were such a fun pair and were up in every special moment without being intrusive. At the end of the night the band was packing up and Jessica had already surpassed her contracted hours. She came to say goodbye to my husband and I and was packing up. The band turned on some songs on the speakers while they packed up and all the guests went wild, put my husband and I back up on chairs and lifted us around the room. Jessica was almost out the door and ran right back to capture the moment. She LITERALLY cannot miss a good time. She was by no means still scheduled to work or obligated to unpack her cameras and take more pictures, but she did. This really describes what you get when you hire Jessica. She goes above and beyond for her couples to make sure she captures every magical moment. I can't recommend her enough she is wonderful!!! Thank you Jessica!!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 07/08/2017

I am updating my review after our wedding and we have since received our photos. Hands-down Jessica was my favorite person to work with through the whole wedding process. This is saying something because we worked with a lot of amazing people. The moments she captured are priceless - the whole wedding day was a whirlwind and it was so nice to see pictures of moments that I had no idea happened. She truly understood our style and she was able to capture the excitement, joy, and love so wonderfully. After all of the pomp and circumstance, we wanted a big dance party and Jessica was out on the dance floor the entire time! We got some of the best candid photos! When we have shared our photos with family and friends, everyone has commented that she is one of the best photographers they have ever seen. We also received so many compliments from guests about how genuinely nice Jessica and her team were. She captured such an important part of our life so perfectly and she was an absolutely joy to work with!

Original Review: Jessica is incredibly talented! I was originally drawn to her photos because I loved the way the colors popped. We recently did our engagement photo shoot with her. It was important to us to shoot in our neighborhood in Northeast Washington, DC. Jessica was up for an adventure and was willing to explore the back allies of Union Market. We didn't want the traditional engagement photos and she did deliver! We had a ton of fun, loved getting to know Jessica, and most importantly we love the end results. We cannot wait to work with her again at our July wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Hi Danielle! Thank you so much for this incredibly sweet review!! It made my day! Yours and Christian's wedding was AWESOME and me, Eric and Alyssa had a wonderful time with you guys and your friends and family. Hope to grab lunch with you again soon or at your next ravioli party! <3

Christian · Married on 07/07/2017

Jessica was awesome! She was very responsive in answering our questions and ensuring that the wedding day would go very well. She really cares about what the couple wants and needs for their day. Like others have said, she made us feel so comfortable and natural for our photos even though it was a hectic day. She is a joy to work throughout the whole process. The pictures were so well done! They were bright and crisp even though the reception was inside of a tent. She was active and provided us with so many great pictures of the night.

We highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Hi Christian! Thank you so much for the kind review :) I had such a great time at your and Lhynn's wedding and thought everything turned out so beautiful! Congrats again!!
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/02/2017

Jessica is the BEST! Coming from a couple that are a little camera shy, Jessica made us feel natural and look amazing! She was extremely flexible and captured the emotions of each and every moment. We could not have asked for better engagement and wedding photos and highly recommend her to all!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and say hi to Josh for me! Hope to see you guys again and thank you for having me at your wedding :) It was so beautiful and SO much fun!

Rebecca · Married on 07/01/2017

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jessica...She is the best photographer. She seriously goes above and beyond for you. She ended up doing two engagement photo shoots for my husband and I, she offered some unique thoughts for us to use at our wedding, she was willing to help out with any last minute things that needed to be done the day of the wedding, she takes AMAZING photos. Jessica truly captured our love at our wedding. The photos are breath taking...and this is coming from me; a picky person who didn't think she was photogenic...hence the two engagement photo shoots.

Aside from Jessica's gorgeous photo's and photography skills her personality is very calm, down to earth, and sweet. Jessica she super nice and friendly very easy to work with, professional, and willing to go above and beyond for you. Jessica is a very personal person we did not just talk about wedding stuff but she also shared her thoughts and experiences in the different cities she has lived. My husband and I moved right after our wedding. Jessica was able to provide some of her experiences to give us perspective on where we might want to be.

At our wedding Jessica made sure to give her thoughts about when/where to take photos with the different lighting outside, she made sure to tell us hey we should go do this soon but was not pushy about it, she made sure not to just capture our moments at the wedding but many great moments of our guest....which I love seeing photos at the wedding not just a million of me and my husband.

I am so thankful I found Jessica and that she photographed our wedding. Seriously go with her....You will not regret it. There is no one better than her!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Hi Becca! Thank you so much for the sweet review, especially when I know life is crazy with the move and everything! Hope you and Josh are doing well and next time you're out here, let's catch up :)

Taryn · Married on 05/13/2017

I don't know where to begin this review. All I can say is that I could not have imagined booking a more professional, sweet, talented, and well-seasoned photographer for the most important day of my life. Jessica served as more than just my picture taker... she literally hung by my side all night and was super attentive and helpful. She felt like a member of the family hanging out with me, and we all had a blast with her.

There's some key factors you'd want to consider when booking someone to capture the moments spent on your wedding day. To me, the most important thing was that I was comfortable, and everyone I love was included in my memories for years to come! We were all extremely impressed with Jessica's adaptability, keen instinct, and natural art for what she does. She handled a very busy, stressful event and made it fun and exciting.

This girl worked her toosh off. We are absolutely thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with her, and we would recommend her time and time again. With Jessica, you get the quality and experience you deserve on your wedding day.

Thanks Jessica!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Hi Taryn!! Thank you so much for this review! <3 Your wedding was awesome and I'm so happy to have been part of it! You and Joey and your family are so hilarious, it was such a FUN reception! I'll never forget Joey pretending to find your gaming mouse under your dress :D Thanks for having me at your wedding and I hope to meet your beautiful baby after he's born and all the craziness has slowed down for you :)

Natalie · Married on 05/07/2017

What can I say about Jessica?!?! She is absolutely AMAZING! We hired her for our engagement session while I was living in Georgia and had to start planning my wedding (husband was at boot camp). I didn't even know where to start with the planning but Jessica was so helpful with ideas about flowers, DJ's and literally ANYTHING I asked her about. She literally offered to even help with planning and putting things together for our wedding up until a few weeks before the actual day. I knew right away that she was going to be amazing. I LOVE pictures and this was the most important thing for me on my wedding day. Once we moved up to the area, we set up our engagement session and we took Jessica's advice about having the session in Old Town. I was really nervous because my husband is not a big picture guy and we are probably the most giggly couple she ever took pictures of but literally EVERY SINGLE PICTURE was beautiful! The pictures were so us and we loved her style. Simple and just using nature to enhance every picture which I love! Also, she was easy to work with and told us exactly what to do, which we were nervous about. When we got the engagement pictures, I was so excited for our wedding day! When our day arrived, she texted beforehand and asked if we needed anything last minute on her way. We needed an item and of course she got it for us! Again, amazing! She was like a super hero on our wedding day! She was snapping pictures left and right, and both of my parents commented on how she made sure to make my husband and I the center of every picture without feeling like she was in our face! When we got the pictures from our wedding, there were 400 more than she originally promised us which was AMAZING! I literally don't even know what to do with all the pictures! I want to print all of them! If you're looking for a photographer, this is your girl! She's amazing and delivers beautiful pictures! She's easy to work with and very affordable when it comes to wedding phot

Sent on 07/09/2017

Jessica Nazarova Photography's reply:

Hi Natalie!! Thank you so much for this extremely sweet review and for having me at your wedding. It was so special and one of the happiest weddings I've ever been to. Hope to see you guys again in the future! :)

Christina · Married on 10/22/2016

Jessica was absolutely amazing to work with! My husband and I organized our small wedding in less than a month and Jessica was ready and willing to take on the challenge. We didn't hire her for a standard amount of time, but she gave us the attention as if we did. She took some really beautiful and meaningful shots that we will cherish forever. We highly recommend this great photographer for your next event!

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • Y

Yan · Married on 10/02/2016

Jessica took our engagement photos this past spring, and we loved working with her. She knows how to capture the perfect moment and made us feel at ease in front of the camera. Our photos turned out natural, intimate, and very flattering! Her attention to detail truly made each picture fantastic, and we couldn't be happier with the final result! :)

Sent on 06/07/2016

Aisha · Married on 09/17/2016

Words cannot begin to describe how Jessica made me day so amazing! Working with her leading to the wedding was so easy. She listened to what I was thinking and gave feedback and her professional suggestions. We even shared a piniterest board. Lol. On the day she worked around all of the issues including late makeup times, altered ceremony locations, etc. she even acted as the onsite security when bystanders were being loud. Lol. She was amazing and I can honestly say we loved every single picture. She captured the day perfectly. You looked at the pictures and even if you were there you felt like you were. Jessica is a gem and I promise all other brides she is the best decision you can make to caputure your day.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Mercy · Married on 09/03/2016

This review is for the engagement session, we also booked Jessica for our wedding in September, thus likely will update this review and I fully expect that it would still be this glowing. First of all Jessica is one of my wedding vendors that I do not have to worry about and I am kind of a control freak. She responds to emails in less than 24 hours and if she is out of town, she will let you know, something I highly appreciate. The value of her packages are second to none, I've interviewed a few of the other photographers before finding her on Craigslist. And I would gladly pay twice the amount for the service that she provides.

Our engagement pictures are GORGEOUS and I've used them on the Thank You cards for the bridal shower and they came out great! We got some very serene pictures in the outdoor winter weather and she was not afraid to get dirty for some creative frames. She made us (my finance and I) feel so comfortable in front of the camera and even though my groom is a little camera shy, he felt amazingly comfortable with her which is great.

I HIGHLY recommend Jessica for your event. We are so excited for her to do the photography for our September wedding.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Daniel · Married on 06/25/2016

My wife and I had such an amazing time with Jessica for both our engagement and wedding shoots. She was extremely accommodating to our needs & wants and was beyond talented when it came to her services. She was quick to respond if we had any last minute changes and her level of professionalism was unquestionable. If anyone is looking for wedding photographers, we would definitely recommend using Jessica Nazarova. Thank you again for capturing this moment for us!
    -Gwaks