22 Reviews for Jessica Hickerson Photography

Prints (3)
Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
22 Jessica Hickerson Photography Reviews

Jessica was our photographer for our wedding two weeks ago in Topanga Canyon and she was absolutely wonderful to work with. My husband and I are not always the most natural in front of the camera but Jessica made the process very comfortable and fun. She was very easy to communicate with and responsive during the planning process. Most importantly, the final photos are just beautiful. Of all the elements to our wedding day, the photography was most important to me, and I have to see her photos even surpassed my expectations. I would recommend her in a heartbeat and cannot say thank you enough!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

Jessica is as good as it gets! She was my favorite vendor in my entire wedding this past October and the pictures are just beyond my wildest dreams! Seeing her so excited at our wedding and loving the shots made us love them even more! Plus, when I felt like my wedding planner was dropping the ball, Jessica stepped up and really helped me and my bridesmaids day-of. Seriously, I would take part of the payment that we owed our wedding planner and send it to Jessica if I could. She eased my anxiety all the way. Plus, her turnaround time is amazing. We got our pictures when we were on our honeymoon and it was SUCH a treat to get to look through them! The album included is really nice too, I just got that in the mail this weekend. THANK YOU AGAIN JESSICA!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

I cannot thank Jessica enough for the amazing job she did with our wedding! She is incredibly flexible and calm on one of the most stressful days of your life. I got so many compliments on both our engagement and wedding photo's. Not to mention she is SOOOO FAST at getting the pictures done. I hope that when we start our family she is available for that also! If I could I would give her 10 stars.

Profile Picture Natalie, 8/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Jessica is amazing! She is honestly our favorite vendor from our wedding day. She made my husband & I feel SO comfortable AND she was running around capturing every moment all day long (at 30-something weeks pregnant!!). We were impressed to say the least! She is excellent at keeping in touch, detail-oriented, and a breeze to work with! We had preview photos within a few days and our entire wedding album within a week! We are IN LOVE with the moments she captured! She is the sweetest person & I would recommend Jessica in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files
4.7

Jessica was our photographer for both our engagement session and wedding day. We absolutely loved how beautiful our pictures turned out! And we got our pictures back extremely fast! We really liked how laid back she was and how she made us feel comfortable throughout our photo sessions (we aren't used to being in front of the camera, so we were super worried about looking awkward), but Jessica was able to get really great shots of us. We would definitely recommend her and will be using her in the future for family sessions, etc!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

If I could give Jessica more than 5 stars, I would! The photos she took of my wedding as well as engagement, beyond exceeded my expectations! I am completely in love with all of them.
But what sets Jessica aside from other photographers, is her obvious love for her work as well as her clients! She went the extra mile to make sure I was happy with both the photos taken and the experience I had. Working with her was a dream and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Emma, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

I can't say enough great things about Jessica- personally as well as her talent! We did our engagement and wedding photos with her and she was incredible. She is so sweet and easy to work with, always giving us really good direction when needed. At the wedding, she was patient with everyone and made everything easy! Family portraits were efficient, which gave us more time for fun romantic bride and groom pictures! Look at it this way- she handed us 100's of photos and it looks like our entire house will be covered in them because it's impossible to narrow them down. Hands down the best decision and the most talented photographer. Thank you Jessica for capturing the day so beautifully.

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jess is amazing and I really can't recommend her enough! Not only are her pictures incredible, she was an absolute pleasure working and communicating with. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable during the photography session which really shines through all of our photos.

My husband and I decided to do a very intimate elopement ceremony in Joshua Tree, California (we live in New Jersey). From the beginning, Jess helped us with the time-frame and the logistics of getting to the park, timing of the ceremony, etc. I can't express how much this helped us plan and also made us feel at ease - traveling to a new area is nerve racking enough but add a wedding and you're on edge! In addition, I had no problems with communicating "long-distance". She is responsive, very professional, and incredibly nice!

If you are in the need of a wedding/elopement/engagement photographer, look no further, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Monica, 12/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Oh my god, I cannot say enough good things about Jessica. She photographed our wedding in September 2016, and it was the best experience imaginable.

Prior to the wedding, we emailed back an forth a few times, and she was always available to answer questions. We met for coffee a few weeks before the wedding to discuss all the details, and I instantly knew that having Jessica photograph our wedding was going to be the best. She has a way about her that just makes you feel so comfortable and like you have known her for years.

The wedding day could not have gone better. Jessica directed the family photos with easy and was so great at guiding my husband and I for our couple photos. My husband was really nervous about being photographed but after just a few minutes, we felt completely comfortable and had a really great time!

We knew by looking at her photo galleries and instagram that the photos were going to be beautiful, but we honestly couldn't even believe the final result! The photos she took are absolutely stunning!! She gave us a sneak peak the day after the wedding and then gave us the rest of the photos within 3 weeks which is crazy fast!! Every time we look at the pictures we get chills and teary eyed. They absolutely capture every part and feeling of the day. She took some photos that my husband and I love, but don't even remember her taking. She's amazing.

Jessica is so kind and adds so much to the day besides just photography. She offered her advise on our DIY flower arrangements and even offered to refill my glass during the reception. She truly is amazing. If you are searching for a photographer for your wedding, seriously consider Jessica. You will not regret it. Just book her already!! Seriously.

Profile Picture User4887306, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Digital Files

Jessica was hands down our BEST vendor decision of the wedding. She was super responsive and so positive, that any communication with her was stress free and enjoyable. Before even touching on how great the photos turned out, she was able to provide vendor recs, answer questions, and have turnaround times that are unbelievable (I'm talking previews in 24 hours!!).

She directs the photos well so you don't feel awkward while also catching beautiful moments during the reception and ceremony when you didn't even notice her there. I am in love with all the photos we have been given and have been getting endless compliments on the quality of our pics from friends and family. She is so sweet, supportive, and encouraging that it really just feels like she and her assistant are extremely talented guests. The value you are receiving with her services is truly unparalleled, and I have already recommended her to my close friends. I can't say enough good things or recommend her more highly!

Profile Picture Julia, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

Not only is Jessica a pleasure to work with, she takes beautiful photographs. A friend recommended her to me for my June wedding, and from our first meeting I knew I wanted to hire her. Her style is very young, fresh, and creative; on wedding day she and her assistant were easy to work with. I would say if you are looking for a more "traditional" wedding photographer (very rigid, posed photographs, lots of setup for each shot. etc), Jessica is the total opposite. It's all about having a fun, and relaxed atmosphere and her work really captures that.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

If you are looking for your perfect moment to be captured perfectly, Jessica's your gal. Jessica was a joy to work with and extremely talented and professional! Her unique style and vision captured our special day perfectly!! I am incredibly thankful for her desire to make everything comfortable and natural and her sweet spirit is unlike any other. I will definitely be working with her again. Fantastic job!

Profile Picture User5611886, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jessica is AMAZING! She without a doubt made our day so much more special! She and her assistant took amazing photos of our day that we will always cherish. She is sweet and funny, so easy to get along with! She makes you feel so comfortable in your own skin, she makes you see the moment for more than it is, its enchanting! And she helps you move into that place of magic, to fully imerse yourself into your day; in turn these bring out the best pictures!
Her use of natural light is gorgeous, its like a spotlight and a soft light and heavenly light all together. Camera angles and filters are to die for!

Without a doubt the most proffessional "friend" you could hire. I have told all my friends and family about her work and there will be many more bookings for Jessica!

Thank you so so much for sharing your talent with us,
D&I

Profile Picture User6739372, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Let me start by saying that if you are considering Jessica as your wedding photographer, stop thinking and just do it. It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day. You will be swooning over your photos for months!

I was on a mission searching for a photographer a few short months prior to our elopement (which turned into an intimate wedding). I finally narrowed it down to a handful when I posted a photo on Instagram of our save the dates with a few hashtags. Jessica, found my hashtag and contacted me asking if I had found a photographer. I absolutely LOVED her work but more importantly, I feel in love with the passion Jessica displayed for her craft and she genuinely wanted to know our love story. After messaging each other after a few hours we booked her and made our payment the next day. There was no doubt in my mind that we were making the right decision in booking her.

My husband and I would definitely say we're awkward in front of the camera. We felt so comfortable with Jessica directing us. We laughed a lot and often times we forgot that she was there photographing us. The photos that she captured of our wedding overlooking the ocean in Big Sur are absolutely spectacular. She was really able to capture the day to help us share with our family and friends that weren't able to make it. We told her that we wanted to tell the story of our wedding and she blew us away. It has been a month and I still laugh/cry/ get goosebumps when I look at our photos.

Jessica also delivered our photos VERY quickly. We got a sneak peek within 24 hours with about 2 dozen photos (maybe more) and our final edited photos came in about 10 days after our wedding.

Jessica was a pleasure to work with and although we live in Arizona, we will be making trips to California for our family photos because she's just that good!

Profile Picture Tamara, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Jessica was able to capture my whole wedding day in beautiful pictures. She really is a talent behind the camera. I love that my family and friends can access my pictures and download and print whichever ones appeal to them.

Profile Picture Elena, 1/29/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Honestly, Jessica is a GEM. We met by chance last spring at the Bridal Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center as I was in search of a wedding photographer and other vendors for our big day that fall. I was first attracted to her skills by the talent she displayed at her booth. As I looked through tangible albums she had on hand she didn't hover or point out why she was so great, she just smiled and offered to photograph me and my group with her super cute polaroid camera (which by the way she always has on deck...and it is the best!). What really hooked me was that she never tried to "sell herself". She wanted to know about our love story before she even told me anything about herself and her various packages. THAT WAS AMAZING. After getting to know her, I can honestly say that her talent does the talking, guys. Her prices are beyond affordable for the quality of work you receive in the end. Our package included: engagement photos, 8 hours of wedding day coverage, a BEAUTIFUL leather bound album, and access to ALL images (which we can print/download at our leisure) for 10 YEARS!! When the time came for us to take our engagement photos, my then fiancé and I had never stepped foot in front of a camera together and she made us not only feel like a million bucks that day, but truly captured our love and a whole bunch of silliness. The day of our wedding, she was not on time...she was EARLY!! She was also super excited. She honestly kept me sane, kept our bridal party on time (SO KEY) and her positive attitude meant more to me on that November day than she will ever truly know. The day after our wedding I opened an email from Jessica with some of her favorite images she had already edited from the night before!! Amazing! Our wedding album is something fierce. I will truly treasure it forever. I am so thankful that I crossed Jessica's path that spring day because we found not only our photographer for all of our huge life moments...but an amazing friend as well.

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images
4.7

Jessica is awesome. She worked with us the entire way through our planning process and was so easy to work with. I would recommend her work to anyone.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4317015, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jessica did an amazing job! Pictures are absolutely beautiful and exactly the style I was looking for! She was reasonably priced with great quality. All our guests were impressed at how she took so many great photos without interfering with their view and experience. Can't say enough about her and her photographers she works with!!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 5/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jessica photographed my wedding last August 2014. Not only is she extremely talented but she is also very kind hearted, a great worker and does everything in her power to give you the greatest experience possible. My wife found her site while searching around for many different photographers and she immediately called me and told me she finally found the one. Her style of photography is absolutely wonderful and looks extremely natural, not one of our photos looked awkward or out of place, she has a wonderful eye. She came to our house, where we were having our wedding before the actual date and walked with us and talked about how we envisioned it and how she was going to give us exactly what we wanted. Both my wife and I fell in love with her and HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. Also once again she may be the sweetest person ever and she keeps her cool throughout anything that may arise.

Profile Picture sam, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can I say about Jessica? Only that she's truly one of the most talented people I know. She photographed our wedding at the end of July and being from a design background, the aesthetic and style of my photos were extremely important to me. I saw her ad on Facebook randomly and went to her website to check out her portfolio and her pricing. Both were exactly what I was looking for. I got my pictures last weekend (really fast!) and I am blown away. Several people have communicated that they have become emotional looking at the photos! The way she can capture light gives me chills. It's truly amazing.
Not only is she crazy talented, but she is a blast to work with. My husband was extremely nervous that our engagement photos would looked staged and cheesy, but as soon as we met her she put our mind at ease. She was so friendly and when she needed to, she would lock into professional mode and direct us (we had no idea what to do). I appreciated that we could connect with her and we could also give her the reigns. She knows what she is doing; Jessica is such a young talent who will one day have a waiting list years long!
Getting to know her throughout this wedding has been a pure joy. I am only sad that it's over and I can no longer share the details of my upcoming nuptials with her. Hire this girl. She will leave you with amazing photos of your special day and the beginning of a friendship that I am hoping to continue as we have children and family photos.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so appreciative of Jessica for capturing the special moments my husband and I shared throughout our wedding day. She captured beautiful images and artfully managed to photograph our emotions and personalities, which is what I treasure most about our photos. My husband and I recently celebrated our 1st anniversary and as we looked through our wedding photo book (which she designed beautifully), we were able to enjoy the day together again. She's down to earth, kind, and truly loves what she does. From the bottom of our hearts, Thank you, Jessica!

Profile Picture Brit, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Where do I start?? Jessica has been such an amazing and professional person to work with. I got engaged this April 2014 after almost 7 years with my boyfriend. We knew that we were not going to be engaged for very long. We settled on getting married on our anniversary, which was coming up June 17, 2014. I didn’t have much time to find someone – and I wasn’t willing to just settle for anyone even though we were under strict time constraints. I happened to be scrolling through Facebook one day and saw a friend of mine post some beautiful pictures from her recent engagement shoot.
I visited Jessica’s website and spent the day going through every last post on her blog. Her work was gorgeous, and exactly what I had in mind for our wedding. I contacted her via email and social media [Facebook]. She responded very promptly to each message.
I discussed with her my unique situation and the time crunch. Mine and Jason’s wedding was to be on a Tuesday afternoon in Santa Barbara at the court house. We had only 15 people attending the wedding and we weren’t having a reception afterwards. Jessica worked with me to create a package just for mine and Jason’s needs. She was able to get us a date to do our engagement session in just a few short weeks as well as go over the details for the wedding and the package.
I was not the most organized bride and ended up changing a few things along the way. Jessica was gracious and very accommodating to every request that I had. I could not have picked a better photographer! Her work speaks for itself and she truly puts her clients at ease with everything she does! I know she will be our go-to photographer for anything we need over the years!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/17/14, 1 Review