Jesse Speelman Photography Reviews

Jesse Speelman Photography 6
Jesse Speelman Photography 7

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

A fly on the wall!

Jesse did such an amazing job at our wedding and engagement, I'm beyond happy with our photos. I love that our photos are classic and not hidden behind a ton of touch ups. He did the perfect job of setting us up for posed photos, but also being a total fly on the wall and capturing some amazing candid moments, which is exactly what we wanted out of a photographer. He is professional, friendly, creative and very comfortable to be around. Since our wedding, we've had multiple friends and family comment on how great he was and the moments he photographed.

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Jesse Speelman Photography 16
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing day...

Booking Jesse as our photographer was great from the beginning to the end as he showed us his past photography work and talked about the look we wanted for our special day. We truly love all of our pictures as they look exactly like our wedding day..no need for photoshop! We're both ackward when it comes to taking pictures but Jesse helped us to relax and gave instructions for certain pictures. I love the clean and natural look of our photos. Only regret is not hiring him for an engagement session.

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Jesse Speelman Photography 17
    Jesse Speelman Photography 18
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 03/29/2019

Best decision we made for our wedding

Jesse was by far the best choice we made for our wedding! Jesse went above and beyond. My husband stumbled upon Jesse after we had trouble deciding on a photographer and I couldn’t of been happier he did! Jesse made the whole process so easy and smooth from the time we booked him to our wedding day. He had all of our photos ready for us to see within a month. We have had so many people reach out to us after our wedding to ask who our photographer was because they loved his photos. His style was so unique and beautiful. Jesse has great photo ideas for our wedding but most importantly he wanted to make sure that we just enjoyed our day. He captured amazing candid photos and helped us to not feel posed or staged. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Jesse Speelman Photography 19
    Jesse Speelman Photography 20
    Jesse Speelman Photography 21
    Jesse Speelman Photography 22

Amanda · Married on 03/23/2019

Jesse was absolutely phenomenal!

Choosing Jesse as our photographer was by far the best decision I made for my wedding. I chose him after seeing beautiful photos from a couple of friends weddings and engagement photos. Jesse made everything easy, and made us laugh throughout our special day. We just got all of our wedding photos back and it's so hard to choose a favorite one because they are all SO beautiful. He came up with shots that I would've never thought of, and he truly has an eye for photography. I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Caitlin Delvillano · Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect photographer for the perfect day

We are so happy we had Jesse as our wedding photographer! He went above and beyond our expectations. He did such an amazing job capturing every sweet moment. He even posted one of our now favorite photos on his IG day of our wedding! He was professional, accommodating, and completely fit in with our group. It was so much fun having him apart of our big day! We couldn't be happier. I highly recommend him. Thank you, Jesse, for everything!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Jesse Speelman Photography 23
    Jesse Speelman Photography 24

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Jesse is the BEST - Amazing and talented photographer

Jesse is absolutely incredible. He shot both our engagement photos and our wedding day, and did an amazing job capturing everything - from the posed portrait photos to the fun candids. His attention to detail and eye for what makes the perfect photo is second to none. He thinks of everything - there were so many little things I wouldn't have thought to capture or plan, but Jesse was always 20 steps ahead of us. He made the entire experience incredibly smooth, relaxed and fun. And most of all, his photos are absolutely gorgeous. If you are debating on who to book as your photographer, you do not need to look any further than Jesse. Thank you so much Jesse!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/12/2018

Phenomenal person, Wondeful work

When searching for a wedding photographer, it was important to me to find a vendor who captured memories and not just images. Jesse did exactly that. From a technical standpoint, Jesse's photojournalistic approach was flawless -- he captures every big moment, look, detail and then compiles a well-rounded collection of your wedding day. He provided a small wedding preview 2 days after our wedding, and was prompt in responding to all of our requests. He is the consummate professional. From an artistic standpoint, and this is where I think he shines the most, Jesse goes beyond what "looks good." Jesse finds the love in every shot. I can't stress this enough. Every. Single. Shot. As we looked through our wedding photos, I was given the chance to relive so many moments I missed. The love on my husbands face while I ready my vows; the pride in our grandparents face as they watched us say "I do"; the happiness and trust in my mom's eyes as she gave away her firstborn into a new and happy union. From a personal standpoint, Jesse is a friend. He was instrumental in making my day seamless, chatting down my preceremony jitters and reminding us to focus on ourselves and not the extraneous details of the day. That natural ability to connect also shows in his work. All of our photos reflected our individual personalities and the nature of our relationship, and that only comes from a photographer who is 100% committed to you and your day. As an added bonus, the assistant photographer Nick brought the same level of talent and enthusiasm as we had expected of Jesse and really rounded out a team determined to make sure no moment was missed. In summary, Jesse Speelman Photography was unequivocally the best investment we made towards our wedding day. Make him yours too.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2018

Jesse was seriously one of the best vendors we worked with for our wedding day. There are a few things that make him stand out as a photographer - 1. The pictures are AMAZING. Seriously we get complimented most on our photos and photographer. 2. He managed to take these amazing photos without disrupting the flow of the day once. At other weddings I've attended I've noticed the photographer pausing the couple to pose for photos. We weren't asked to stop and force a pose once and I'm so glad about it. We were able to really live in the moment on our day. 3. He is super nice and very professional. I felt like he really cared about me and my husband and our families. There were a few moments taking photos that were difficult, and he handled everything with such professionalism. I can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Jesse did an amazing job shooting our wedding. We hadn't met him before the wedding day and he made everyone feel so comfortable. He knew my bridesmaids names within 10 minutes! We received compliments all night long about how he did such a good job and the proof is in the photos! He did such an amazing job capturing the love and joy or our night. He helped guide our day and made sure we had ample time to get photos in spots that we wanted. He made what could have been very overwhelming a very easy process. We also ordered our thank you cards from him which turned our beautifully. Thanks so much Jesse!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Jesse Speelman Photography 32
    Jesse Speelman Photography 33
    Jesse Speelman Photography 34

Katelyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Jesse as our wedding photographer was nothing short of an absolute joy! From start to finish, his professionalism, attention to detail, sincerity, and sheer talent amazed my husband and I. He was recommended to us by a friend, and at our initial consultation, we were blown away by his offerings and samples of work. I think we booked him within 7 days of meeting him! Jesse made a what could have been an overwhelming process very straight forward and simple. He provides packets of information to help you keep a handle on your wedding timeline and to ensure there are no surprises day of. On the day of our wedding, Jesse made everyone feel at ease and also professionally directed everyone so that we stayed on target with time restrictions. He kept every promise he made, and we received hundreds of high-quality photos within a month of our wedding date. One of my favorite parts of working with Jesse was his preview that he posted to Facebook and Instagram the next day. Additionally, working with the second photographer, Nick, was just as enjoyable of an experience. Both Nick and Jesse’s photos authentically captured our wedding day, and we couldn’t be happier. I will recommend Jesse to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Jesse Speelman Photography 35
    Jesse Speelman Photography 36

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I met Jesse when he photographed a wedding for our friends in 2016. He met us on the fourth of July to take our engagement photos, and captured our beautiful wedding day in July of 2017. Jesse captured every public and intimate moment of our wedding, and was the person who I spent the most time with on that day. He coordinated our first look and was my advocate, when I wanted to take a moment alone with my husband. Jesse ensured that all of the important people in my life were photographed with me, even graciously hunting down my dad when I realized I had been too rushed that morning for a picture.

My husband and I were so euphoric on that day that when we look back at our wedding, we remember how we were too happy to eat. My family loves to look back at our pictures as well, commenting that, "Jesse captured our spirit."

Jesse was not only our photographer but our friend; his work will forever be part of the magical first day of our lives together.

Sent on 03/10/2018

Rita · Married on 07/01/2017

Jesse is a wonderful wedding photographer! You can see for yourself that his pictures are beautiful. But he is also great at the stuff you can't see. He is professional, communicative, prompt in his replies, and very organized. He offered us a lot of advice for how to create the best pictures possible. He's also very flexible - we ended up changing our wedding venue from Michigan to Vermont and he was happy to travel with us, and for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

When we got engaged, we agreed that there were two things we wouldn't skimp on: the photographer and the DJ. We probably put the most time, effort, and thought into picking our photographer. When we met with Jesse, we left that initial meeting knowing that we would go with him. Even better, his prices were very reasonable and the samples of his work he showed us spoke for themselves. When we did our engagement shoot, he made us feel comfortable and we had way more fun than we expected. Both our engagement and wedding pictures came back quickly and GORGEOUS. We could not be more happy with our choice and continue to order prints from his site. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Simone · Married on 06/16/2017

When my husband and I first got engaged, we both agreed that the most important thing when it came to our wedding was the photographer. A wedding day only happens once and having something tangible to reflect on when we looked back on that day was of the utmost importance when it came to our wedding. I looked and looked at countless photographers online. We searched through friends’ old wedding photos; I went on every site I could find for local wedding photographers, but it wasn’t until we came across Jesse Speelman Photography that we felt a real connection. What stood out to me among the masses of options out there was that his photography truly captured the narrative arc of peoples’ wedding day. He told the story of a couples wedding and his photographs preserved a feeling.

I was a little nervous about being photographed, and I am so happy that we chose to also do an engagement shoot with Jesse. It gave us a chance to get to know him and his style a little bit better. He also got the opportunity to meet and know us as a couple. He made us feel so at ease (which is something I had always read in reviews and felt was not genuine or cheesy – but hey, here, it was totally true.) He brought out the best in us. He was the perfect balance of professional and personable, kind, and easy going. Our wedding day was no different. Our family members and wedding party continually commented on how natural and genuine our time with Jesse and his assistant was. I couldn’t agree more. I believe in hindsight this is what led to beautiful moments being captured on our big day.

I was once that bride scrolling through endless reviews and completely overwhelmed in the process. I could not recommend Jesse Speelman more. I trusted him to capture our day and I trust him to capture yours in a way that when you look back on those photos for years to come, you feel that your story was preserved.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Kerry · Married on 05/28/2017

I cannot recommend Jesse (and his assistant Nick)highly enough as a wedding photographer! We initially selected him because we liked his photo journalism style of wedding photography and I could not be happier with the way our photos turned out- they greatly surpassed all my expectations. In addition, his direction, advice, flexibility and general demeanor on our wedding day (both with us and our families- not an easy task!) was so helpful and made our wedding day a lot smoother. If I could give him 10 stars I would!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Katie · Married on 05/05/2017

Jesse and his assistant were amazing! My photos are absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Jesse Speelman Photography 37
    Jesse Speelman Photography 38
    Jesse Speelman Photography 39
    Jesse Speelman Photography 40
    Jesse Speelman Photography 41
    Jesse Speelman Photography 42

Sherrie · Married on 02/18/2017

Jesse is absolutely amazing! He has basically become part of the family! His work is top quality, he is very friendly and comfortable to be around, he is punctual and truly cares about taking the perfect photos to help you remember your big day! I cant even describe how happy I am that we choose Jesse to be our photographer. Thanks Jesse, our engagement and wedding photos are perfect!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Taylor · Married on 12/30/2016

I would highly suggest Jesse for any couple planning a wedding - very responsive and awesome that he wanted to meet with us immediately in order to see what he had to offer! We were extremely impressed with the photos, especially the candid ones that allowed us to remember some special moments and not just poised pictures. You won't even know he is there and can go about your day naturally, plus having a second photographer was awesome to get different view points! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Leigh · Married on 12/09/2016

Jesse was fantastic. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. He ordered prints for us that arrived in a few days (making Christmas gifts easy), was easy to contact, and incredibly flexible. He blended into our guests so we were able to have photos happen naturally. Couldn't have been better!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Heidi · Married on 11/19/2016

Jesse is seriously the best. He did our engagement photos and shot our wedding and I am obsessed with all of pictures that came out of them. Jesse was also great with communication I never had an issue getting hold of him when needed.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Joshua · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't imagine having any other photographer for my wedding! Jesse is incredibly personable and was amazing to work with. We have many incredible photographs to help us remember our special day thanks to him. He really took the time to find out what was important to us and to tell the story of our day through photography.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Alaina · Married on 10/08/2016

Jesse was our absolute favorite vendor to work with. From the very first communication with him he's been nothing but professional while staying very approachable. Our entire bridal party and all of our parents loved him, he was able to direct everyone and make sure the day went absolutely perfect. His pricing is also really affordable for the beautiful work that he does. Our pictures came out absolutely stunning, he really captured the day in it's entirety, I love looking through them and reliving it all. We got an engagement album and wedding album too and they are absolutely gorgeous! His wife makes the album sleeves and it's such a sweet personal touch. Brides, save yourself the hassle and book him before he fills up, it's the best wedding decision you'll make!

Sent on 03/29/2017
  • Valicha

Valicha · Married on 09/18/2016

Jesse was awesome! We fell behind on our wedding day timeline and he assured me that we would still get all of the shots we needed. We received our photos back and they were perfect! Perfect highlights of the day and so many smiling faces :) Everything was perfectly captured!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Patricia · Married on 09/16/2016

Jesse is an amazing photographer. I can honestly say that I'm so glad that we chose him over anyone else that we had inquired with. We recently got our photos back from him and they are just stunning. He does amazing work. I am so proud of the photos and can't wait to show everyone. On our wedding day, he came to my parents house to photograph the girls. Every single one of my bridesmaids raved about him. My parents too. One of my single bridesmaids (on the verge of engagement) said that when she is planning her wedding she wants to use him too. He's so outgoing, and makes you feel really comfortable taking photos. I'm so happy we chose Jesse to do our photos. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the pictures Jesse took!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Christy · Married on 08/27/2016

Thrilled with Jesse! Would recommend him to anyone. We had so many comments about how beautiful all our pictures turned out.

Sent on 01/18/2017