30 Reviews for Jesse Speelman Photography

Toning (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Slideshow (1)
30 Jesse Speelman Photography Reviews

My husband and I met Jesse when he photographed a wedding for our friends in 2016. He met us on the fourth of July to take our engagement photos, and captured our beautiful wedding day in July of 2017. Jesse captured every public and intimate moment of our wedding, and was the person who I spent the most time with on that day. He coordinated our first look and was my advocate, when I wanted to take a moment alone with my husband. Jesse ensured that all of the important people in my life were photographed with me, even graciously hunting down my dad when I realized I had been too rushed that morning for a picture.

My husband and I were so euphoric on that day that when we look back at our wedding, we remember how we were too happy to eat. My family loves to look back at our pictures as well, commenting that, "Jesse captured our spirit."

Jesse was not only our photographer but our friend; his work will forever be part of the magical first day of our lives together.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jesse is a wonderful wedding photographer! You can see for yourself that his pictures are beautiful. But he is also great at the stuff you can't see. He is professional, communicative, prompt in his replies, and very organized. He offered us a lot of advice for how to create the best pictures possible. He's also very flexible - we ended up changing our wedding venue from Michigan to Vermont and he was happy to travel with us, and for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Rita, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When we got engaged, we agreed that there were two things we wouldn't skimp on: the photographer and the DJ. We probably put the most time, effort, and thought into picking our photographer. When we met with Jesse, we left that initial meeting knowing that we would go with him. Even better, his prices were very reasonable and the samples of his work he showed us spoke for themselves. When we did our engagement shoot, he made us feel comfortable and we had way more fun than we expected. Both our engagement and wedding pictures came back quickly and GORGEOUS. We could not be more happy with our choice and continue to order prints from his site. You will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When my husband and I first got engaged, we both agreed that the most important thing when it came to our wedding was the photographer. A wedding day only happens once and having something tangible to reflect on when we looked back on that day was of the utmost importance when it came to our wedding. I looked and looked at countless photographers online. We searched through friends’ old wedding photos; I went on every site I could find for local wedding photographers, but it wasn’t until we came across Jesse Speelman Photography that we felt a real connection. What stood out to me among the masses of options out there was that his photography truly captured the narrative arc of peoples’ wedding day. He told the story of a couples wedding and his photographs preserved a feeling.

I was a little nervous about being photographed, and I am so happy that we chose to also do an engagement shoot with Jesse. It gave us a chance to get to know him and his style a little bit better. He also got the opportunity to meet and know us as a couple. He made us feel so at ease (which is something I had always read in reviews and felt was not genuine or cheesy – but hey, here, it was totally true.) He brought out the best in us. He was the perfect balance of professional and personable, kind, and easy going. Our wedding day was no different. Our family members and wedding party continually commented on how natural and genuine our time with Jesse and his assistant was. I couldn’t agree more. I believe in hindsight this is what led to beautiful moments being captured on our big day.

I was once that bride scrolling through endless reviews and completely overwhelmed in the process. I could not recommend Jesse Speelman more. I trusted him to capture our day and I trust him to capture yours in a way that when you look back on those photos for years to come, you feel that your story was preserved.

Profile Picture Simone, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot recommend Jesse (and his assistant Nick)highly enough as a wedding photographer! We initially selected him because we liked his photo journalism style of wedding photography and I could not be happier with the way our photos turned out- they greatly surpassed all my expectations. In addition, his direction, advice, flexibility and general demeanor on our wedding day (both with us and our families- not an easy task!) was so helpful and made our wedding day a lot smoother. If I could give him 10 stars I would!

Profile Picture Kerry, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse and his assistant were amazing! My photos are absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Digital Files

Jesse is absolutely amazing! He has basically become part of the family! His work is top quality, he is very friendly and comfortable to be around, he is punctual and truly cares about taking the perfect photos to help you remember your big day! I cant even describe how happy I am that we choose Jesse to be our photographer. Thanks Jesse, our engagement and wedding photos are perfect!

Profile Picture Sherrie, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I would highly suggest Jesse for any couple planning a wedding - very responsive and awesome that he wanted to meet with us immediately in order to see what he had to offer! We were extremely impressed with the photos, especially the candid ones that allowed us to remember some special moments and not just poised pictures. You won't even know he is there and can go about your day naturally, plus having a second photographer was awesome to get different view points! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Profile Picture Taylor, 12/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse was fantastic. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. He ordered prints for us that arrived in a few days (making Christmas gifts easy), was easy to contact, and incredibly flexible. He blended into our guests so we were able to have photos happen naturally. Couldn't have been better!

Profile Picture Leigh, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse is seriously the best. He did our engagement photos and shot our wedding and I am obsessed with all of pictures that came out of them. Jesse was also great with communication I never had an issue getting hold of him when needed.

Profile Picture Heidi, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't imagine having any other photographer for my wedding! Jesse is incredibly personable and was amazing to work with. We have many incredible photographs to help us remember our special day thanks to him. He really took the time to find out what was important to us and to tell the story of our day through photography.

Profile Picture Joshua, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Jesse was our absolute favorite vendor to work with. From the very first communication with him he's been nothing but professional while staying very approachable. Our entire bridal party and all of our parents loved him, he was able to direct everyone and make sure the day went absolutely perfect. His pricing is also really affordable for the beautiful work that he does. Our pictures came out absolutely stunning, he really captured the day in it's entirety, I love looking through them and reliving it all. We got an engagement album and wedding album too and they are absolutely gorgeous! His wife makes the album sleeves and it's such a sweet personal touch. Brides, save yourself the hassle and book him before he fills up, it's the best wedding decision you'll make!

Profile Picture Alaina, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Jesse was awesome! We fell behind on our wedding day timeline and he assured me that we would still get all of the shots we needed. We received our photos back and they were perfect! Perfect highlights of the day and so many smiling faces :) Everything was perfectly captured!

Profile Picture Valicha, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jesse is an amazing photographer. I can honestly say that I'm so glad that we chose him over anyone else that we had inquired with. We recently got our photos back from him and they are just stunning. He does amazing work. I am so proud of the photos and can't wait to show everyone. On our wedding day, he came to my parents house to photograph the girls. Every single one of my bridesmaids raved about him. My parents too. One of my single bridesmaids (on the verge of engagement) said that when she is planning her wedding she wants to use him too. He's so outgoing, and makes you feel really comfortable taking photos. I'm so happy we chose Jesse to do our photos. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the pictures Jesse took!

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Thrilled with Jesse! Would recommend him to anyone. We had so many comments about how beautiful all our pictures turned out.

Profile Picture User7662827, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can I say - Jesse was absolutely incredible. Hands-down our best vendor on our wedding day. He is super flexible, a great value, and absolutely the best at what he does. We had our engagement pictures back to us in less than 48 hours, and the day after our wedding, he was posting beautiful, edited, photos. His work really speaks for itself. It took no time to be comfortable with him or his second photographer. He provided great recommendations on where to take pictures, was flexible with our parents requests, and made sure we had everything we needed. I would totally recommend Jesse to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Leona, 8/14/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Toning, Albums, Digital Files

If you prefer creative candid and natural shots over overdone posed photos, this is your guy! Of course we did pose for shots, but he was such a great director, and knew exactly when to click the shutter to make them feel natural, every photo turned out beautifully. We are a non-traditional couple and did things a little weird for our day, he was on board with all of it, was never judgmental, or made us do something we weren't comfortable with. Jesse was above and beyond what we expected from a photographer, and we get constant compliments regarding his style and expertise.

Profile Picture Cassie, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

No need to look any further for a wedding photographer. Trust me, you want Jesse Speelman on your big day! Jesse did our engagement and wedding pictures, and he delivers absolutely beautiful, high-quality pictures. I will never forget how excited my husband and I were to see hourly sneak peaks of our wedding photos on his Facebook page the day after the wedding! Besides being a talented photographer, he is also a very professional, kind, laid back guy. He made the planning process easy and ensured we got everything we wanted out of the photographs. He was also prompt with all communication, which was very important to me. I would recommend Jesse to any bride and groom!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

I recently received my wedding photos from Jesse…and I can’t stop looking at them! Jesse perfectly captured our wedding day. Not only did he catch all the little details and all the special moments, he captured the emotions of the day. Our engagement pictures turned out great, so I knew that photography was one thing I had nothing to worry about as the wedding came near. Jesse is fun and easy to work with. I quickly learned to trust Jesse, when he tells you to climb around some rose bushes or lie in some leaves, do it, and you will have the most beautiful pictures you can imagine. Jesse really knows how to use his surroundings. Jesse says he wants to take the photos that are still hanging on your walls when you’re 75, I can say with certainty that his photos will be hanging on our walls long past 75! Jesse is also so quick with getting your photos back to you! The day after the wedding he posted a photo every hour, this was an awesome thing to have. We really looked forward to seeing a new photo every hour and our friends and family really looked forward to it as well. It was nice to have a sneak peak so quickly as we were enjoying the aftermath of the festivities. We received all of our photos a month after the wedding in multiple formats, and they are all beautiful. I have received MANY compliments on how beautiful my photos are. I thank Jesse from the bottom of my heart for his amazing work on our special day and I highly recommend him to any bride looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

We are so glad we went with Jesse! When I initially emailed him he was out of the country, but he emailed back promptly and we set up a meeting for when he came back. From looking at his pictures online, I knew he would be great and our meeting sealed the deal. He was very personable and easy to talk to! We had him do our engagement pictures about a month before the wedding, and knew we had made the right choice! He posted a sample picture from the engagement shoot that night and had the rest to us the next week. The day after the wedding he posted several pictures from throughout the day, and it was so nice to be able to relive the day so soon! We can't wait to get the rest of the pictures. He was perfect!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Hiring Jesse Speelman Photography was one of the best decisions I made when it came to my wedding day. Every detail was perfect and seamless from the pricing to his organization and his ability to make sure the photography portion of my day was completely stress free. Jesse worked with me to make sure every photo I wanted was taken. I never once had to worry how a photo would turn out. He was posting photos of my wedding that same night! He posted a photo every hour the next day as a little sneak peek. Of course, as always, I was blown away by his work and I couldn’t believe these were my photos! My wedding photos were even delivered to me in a month with a digital format, flash drive and CDs. You can tell Jesse is a hard worker and takes pride in the photos he takes. Jesse’s photography style and artistic ability is absolutely timeless. I know I will be able to look back at these photos in 50 years and appreciate them just as much as I do today. Thank you, Jesse, for capturing the most perfect day of my life.

Profile Picture Kaylee, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

Jesse did an amazing job on our wedding photos. He captured every special moment, and did so with such ease and professionalism. I am very happy that my husband and I chose him to photograph our special day. If you are looking for a affordable, personal and friendly photographer, with an editorial/candid approach, Jesse is your guy! Not to mention, he got our photos done in 2 weeks and they all look AMAZING! :)

So glad I found you, Jesse!

Profile Picture Katrina, 1/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

I'd like to start off saying that it is cruel that I cannot give more than 5 stars, because Jesse deserves at least 100 stars, if not more. My husband and I got married on October 16, 2015. We met Jesse at a Panera for coffee about a year before our wedding. We knew instantly that we wanted to book him. After scouring over different websites of photographers, I found Jesse's site and immediatley stopped looking--I knew he would be the one for us. His style is so natural and beautiful, and every single picture he takes is breathtaking. I feel honored that I was able to have him capture that beauty for us. Jesse also did a preview on his Facebook page where he posted one picture every hour a couple days after our wedding, so we were able to view some of the pictures--they were stunning. Every single one of them was amazing. Jesse and his assistant spent literally all day with us and never once complained or seemed annoyed with any of us (even when we--meaning me--had a little too much champagne!) They had a smile on their faces all day and genuinely seemed happy to be celebrating with us. I cannot say enough about Jesse. All I can say is, book him immediately! I promise it will be the best decision you will make throughout the entire planning process. Thanks again, Jesse!!!

Profile Picture Jenni, 10/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

Booking Jesse to be our wedding photographer was hands down the best decision we made! Jesse was easy to work with, friendly, easy going, and professional. We felt like we had known Jesse for years the first time we met him to shoot our engagement photos, it was like spending time with a friend (that just so happened to take really awesome photos of us). On the day of our wedding he introduced himself to our parents and grandparents and informed them to let them know if there were any special shots they wanted (which everyone thought was a really nice touch). He captured our day perfectly! Multiple friends have hired Jesse based on the photos he took at our wedding. I would absolutely without a doubt of hesitation recommend Jesse to take photos on your most special day!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We met Jesse in October 2014 at a Detroit coffee shop to discuss our September 2015 wedding at Weber's in Ann Arbor. The initial meeting was very informal, yet he discussed his craft with profession and confidence. Prepared with plenty of physical albums - and his wife's handmade album sleeves - we saw a range of his capabilities in different settings and venues. We immediately felt confident with Jesse's work; and he clearly felt passionate about our upcoming day.

We scheduled an engagement session around the DIA, which he performed with wonderful energy and enthusiasm. It was encouraging and exciting to be in front of his lens, which felt like it was always moving, and never staged.

As pleased as we were with the engagement session photos, we could not have imagined how wonderful the wedding day photos came to be. The professional and fun nature was still there, and yet the images seem so intimate and vibrant. We went to Nichols Arboretum with the wedding party which Jesse and his assistant seized the opportunity to capture the fun of the journey as well as the the formal beauty of the posed photos on location. Our wedding day was nothing short of spectacular, and Jesse was there to capture it perfectly!

Jesse is a wonderful photographer to work with, and his rates are refreshing for the quality of work he delivers. Maximum marks from Lauren and Scott!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/26/15, 1 Review