Jesse Speelman Photography Reviews

46 Reviews for Jesse Speelman Photography

• Kerin

Kerin S. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

We love Jesse!

Jesse was a huge part in making our day absolutely PERFECT! From day one he was easy to work with, stress-free, and professional. And on top of those must-haves, he is just generally a fun and enjoyable person to have around. If you are anything like me and my husband, being in front of a camera is intimidating and uncomfortable. Jesse made all of those anxious feelings go away and by the end of both our engagement session and our wedding day, it felt so natural to have Jesse snapping photos of us.
    Not only was Jesse an awesome contribution to the vibe of our wedding, but he got our photos back to us in ONE WEEK! That is unheard of! The photos were absolutely stunning and we will cherish them for a very long time. It felt like Jesse was seeing the wedding through my own eyes, his photos were exactly what I had hoped for!
    I honestly would recommend Jesse to anyone looking for a photographer and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again in the future.
    Thanks Jesse, you seriously rock!

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Amber

Amber F. · Married on 05/15/2021

The best photographer, hands down.

esse is amazing! Wedding planning during the pandemic was both exhausting and uncertain; however, one thing we were absolutely certain of was having Jesse capture our Big Day. I found Jesse through a close friend and I was instantly obsessed with his work for her wedding. I could go on and on about how wonderful he truly is, but I think it's important to point out some of his best qualities. Aside from his AMAZING work, Jesse is prompt in responding, organized, flexible, and super friendly. He helped in making our day flow effortlessly and captured everything I asked for AND more. My family and friends also loved him and his work and will be using him in the future to help capture their special moments. My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Jesse. His photos have us in awe and we are forever grateful that we have these memories to look back on!

Sent on 06/28/2021

Kimberly E. · Married on 03/27/2021

Wonderful experience

We had such a great experience working with Jesse! We spent a long time looking at different photographers before deciding on Jesse and so glad we did. Jesse was easy to work with, got along great with everyone and was very flexible when our plans had to change due to covid. Our pictures were delivered promptly, turned out great, and will be cherished by us forever. Highly recommend you book Jesse for your wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2021
  • Tessa

Tessa W. · Married on 10/10/2020

More than just beautiful photos!

Jesse was nothing but wonderful to work with! He was generous, considerate, and flexible when we decided to adjust our plans due to the pandemic. Jesse was always easy to contact, and never left us waiting for a reply. My family hardly ever takes photos, but Jesse was able to guide us through different poses and made everyone feel comfortable and genuinely enjoy the time spent. I chose to book Jesse because of his ability to capture sincere emotion in his photography, and part of that talent is him creating those moments for people! I am so glad that I was able to hire Jesse because he not only took our photos, but he created an experience for us that was fun and full of love. I spent most of my planning looking for the perfect photographer, and I feel certain that Jesse is the absolute best choice!

Sent on 04/29/2021

Jessie C. · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photographer

I cannot say enough positive things about Jesse. I found his photography profile on the Knot and instantly fell in love with his natural photography style. During our first phone call Jesse answered all of our questions honestly and professionally. Upon hiring Jesse he never left any of our questions unanswered and was always prompt to respond to our emails. He has an extremely calming presence and is one of those people who can make you feel as if you have known each other your whole life even after one meeting. On the day of our wedding he was there early and began capturing us getting ready right away. He was able to capture so many beautiful and natural photos and none of them look over-posed at all. We had way too much fun with him all day and he honestly is just so chill while also being extremely professional. He was willing to capture any photo that we wanted but he really came up with most of the ideas for our photos. I had multiple people approach me at the wedding to compliment on his personality and our wedding party and family absolutely adored him. His second shooter is also a great guy and my Husband and his groomsmen loved working with him as well. They both work great together and not one moment of our day was missed. I truly loved having them both so we could get multiple views of our ceremony and other events throughout the night. I could go on and on about how amazing Jesse Speelman photography is but I will leave you with this. Look not further for your photographer. PLEASE hire Jesse for your big day, you will not regret it one bit.

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Logan

Logan C. · Married on 05/10/2019

Simply wonderful

Jesse was truly the best. SO genuine, nice, professional, and experienced. He truly has an artistic mind that captured the most romantic moments of our special day. He made my husband and I and our friends and family feel at ease. He was very prepared and had great ideas and suggestions. He was honestly the best to work with and I could not be happier with the way the photos turned out. I will cherish them forever and we are so glad we chose him to capture those memories. Thanks, Jesse!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

A fly on the wall!

Jesse did such an amazing job at our wedding and engagement, I'm beyond happy with our photos. I love that our photos are classic and not hidden behind a ton of touch ups. He did the perfect job of setting us up for posed photos, but also being a total fly on the wall and capturing some amazing candid moments, which is exactly what we wanted out of a photographer. He is professional, friendly, creative and very comfortable to be around. Since our wedding, we've had multiple friends and family comment on how great he was and the moments he photographed.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing day...

Booking Jesse as our photographer was great from the beginning to the end as he showed us his past photography work and talked about the look we wanted for our special day. We truly love all of our pictures as they look exactly like our wedding day..no need for photoshop! We're both ackward when it comes to taking pictures but Jesse helped us to relax and gave instructions for certain pictures. I love the clean and natural look of our photos. Only regret is not hiring him for an engagement session.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 03/29/2019

Best decision we made for our wedding

Jesse was by far the best choice we made for our wedding! Jesse went above and beyond. My husband stumbled upon Jesse after we had trouble deciding on a photographer and I couldn’t of been happier he did! Jesse made the whole process so easy and smooth from the time we booked him to our wedding day. He had all of our photos ready for us to see within a month. We have had so many people reach out to us after our wedding to ask who our photographer was because they loved his photos. His style was so unique and beautiful. Jesse has great photo ideas for our wedding but most importantly he wanted to make sure that we just enjoyed our day. He captured amazing candid photos and helped us to not feel posed or staged. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Amanda · Married on 03/23/2019

Jesse was absolutely phenomenal!

Choosing Jesse as our photographer was by far the best decision I made for my wedding. I chose him after seeing beautiful photos from a couple of friends weddings and engagement photos. Jesse made everything easy, and made us laugh throughout our special day. We just got all of our wedding photos back and it's so hard to choose a favorite one because they are all SO beautiful. He came up with shots that I would've never thought of, and he truly has an eye for photography. I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Caitlin D. · Married on 11/24/2018

Perfect photographer for the perfect day

We are so happy we had Jesse as our wedding photographer! He went above and beyond our expectations. He did such an amazing job capturing every sweet moment. He even posted one of our now favorite photos on his IG day of our wedding! He was professional, accommodating, and completely fit in with our group. It was so much fun having him apart of our big day! We couldn't be happier. I highly recommend him. Thank you, Jesse, for everything!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2018

Jesse is the BEST - Amazing and talented photographer

Jesse is absolutely incredible. He shot both our engagement photos and our wedding day, and did an amazing job capturing everything - from the posed portrait photos to the fun candids. His attention to detail and eye for what makes the perfect photo is second to none. He thinks of everything - there were so many little things I wouldn't have thought to capture or plan, but Jesse was always 20 steps ahead of us. He made the entire experience incredibly smooth, relaxed and fun. And most of all, his photos are absolutely gorgeous. If you are debating on who to book as your photographer, you do not need to look any further than Jesse. Thank you so much Jesse!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/12/2018

Phenomenal person, Wondeful work

When searching for a wedding photographer, it was important to me to find a vendor who captured memories and not just images. Jesse did exactly that. From a technical standpoint, Jesse's photojournalistic approach was flawless -- he captures every big moment, look, detail and then compiles a well-rounded collection of your wedding day. He provided a small wedding preview 2 days after our wedding, and was prompt in responding to all of our requests. He is the consummate professional. From an artistic standpoint, and this is where I think he shines the most, Jesse goes beyond what "looks good." Jesse finds the love in every shot. I can't stress this enough. Every. Single. Shot. As we looked through our wedding photos, I was given the chance to relive so many moments I missed. The love on my husbands face while I ready my vows; the pride in our grandparents face as they watched us say "I do"; the happiness and trust in my mom's eyes as she gave away her firstborn into a new and happy union. From a personal standpoint, Jesse is a friend. He was instrumental in making my day seamless, chatting down my preceremony jitters and reminding us to focus on ourselves and not the extraneous details of the day. That natural ability to connect also shows in his work. All of our photos reflected our individual personalities and the nature of our relationship, and that only comes from a photographer who is 100% committed to you and your day. As an added bonus, the assistant photographer Nick brought the same level of talent and enthusiasm as we had expected of Jesse and really rounded out a team determined to make sure no moment was missed. In summary, Jesse Speelman Photography was unequivocally the best investment we made towards our wedding day. Make him yours too.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2018

Jesse was seriously one of the best vendors we worked with for our wedding day. There are a few things that make him stand out as a photographer - 1. The pictures are AMAZING. Seriously we get complimented most on our photos and photographer. 2. He managed to take these amazing photos without disrupting the flow of the day once. At other weddings I've attended I've noticed the photographer pausing the couple to pose for photos. We weren't asked to stop and force a pose once and I'm so glad about it. We were able to really live in the moment on our day. 3. He is super nice and very professional. I felt like he really cared about me and my husband and our families. There were a few moments taking photos that were difficult, and he handled everything with such professionalism. I can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Jesse did an amazing job shooting our wedding. We hadn't met him before the wedding day and he made everyone feel so comfortable. He knew my bridesmaids names within 10 minutes! We received compliments all night long about how he did such a good job and the proof is in the photos! He did such an amazing job capturing the love and joy or our night. He helped guide our day and made sure we had ample time to get photos in spots that we wanted. He made what could have been very overwhelming a very easy process. We also ordered our thank you cards from him which turned our beautifully. Thanks so much Jesse!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Katelyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Jesse as our wedding photographer was nothing short of an absolute joy! From start to finish, his professionalism, attention to detail, sincerity, and sheer talent amazed my husband and I. He was recommended to us by a friend, and at our initial consultation, we were blown away by his offerings and samples of work. I think we booked him within 7 days of meeting him! Jesse made a what could have been an overwhelming process very straight forward and simple. He provides packets of information to help you keep a handle on your wedding timeline and to ensure there are no surprises day of. On the day of our wedding, Jesse made everyone feel at ease and also professionally directed everyone so that we stayed on target with time restrictions. He kept every promise he made, and we received hundreds of high-quality photos within a month of our wedding date. One of my favorite parts of working with Jesse was his preview that he posted to Facebook and Instagram the next day. Additionally, working with the second photographer, Nick, was just as enjoyable of an experience. Both Nick and Jesse’s photos authentically captured our wedding day, and we couldn’t be happier. I will recommend Jesse to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I met Jesse when he photographed a wedding for our friends in 2016. He met us on the fourth of July to take our engagement photos, and captured our beautiful wedding day in July of 2017. Jesse captured every public and intimate moment of our wedding, and was the person who I spent the most time with on that day. He coordinated our first look and was my advocate, when I wanted to take a moment alone with my husband. Jesse ensured that all of the important people in my life were photographed with me, even graciously hunting down my dad when I realized I had been too rushed that morning for a picture.

My husband and I were so euphoric on that day that when we look back at our wedding, we remember how we were too happy to eat. My family loves to look back at our pictures as well, commenting that, "Jesse captured our spirit."

Jesse was not only our photographer but our friend; his work will forever be part of the magical first day of our lives together.

Sent on 03/10/2018

Rita · Married on 07/01/2017

Jesse is a wonderful wedding photographer! You can see for yourself that his pictures are beautiful. But he is also great at the stuff you can't see. He is professional, communicative, prompt in his replies, and very organized. He offered us a lot of advice for how to create the best pictures possible. He's also very flexible - we ended up changing our wedding venue from Michigan to Vermont and he was happy to travel with us, and for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

When we got engaged, we agreed that there were two things we wouldn't skimp on: the photographer and the DJ. We probably put the most time, effort, and thought into picking our photographer. When we met with Jesse, we left that initial meeting knowing that we would go with him. Even better, his prices were very reasonable and the samples of his work he showed us spoke for themselves. When we did our engagement shoot, he made us feel comfortable and we had way more fun than we expected. Both our engagement and wedding pictures came back quickly and GORGEOUS. We could not be more happy with our choice and continue to order prints from his site. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Simone · Married on 06/16/2017

When my husband and I first got engaged, we both agreed that the most important thing when it came to our wedding was the photographer. A wedding day only happens once and having something tangible to reflect on when we looked back on that day was of the utmost importance when it came to our wedding. I looked and looked at countless photographers online. We searched through friends’ old wedding photos; I went on every site I could find for local wedding photographers, but it wasn’t until we came across Jesse Speelman Photography that we felt a real connection. What stood out to me among the masses of options out there was that his photography truly captured the narrative arc of peoples’ wedding day. He told the story of a couples wedding and his photographs preserved a feeling.

I was a little nervous about being photographed, and I am so happy that we chose to also do an engagement shoot with Jesse. It gave us a chance to get to know him and his style a little bit better. He also got the opportunity to meet and know us as a couple. He made us feel so at ease (which is something I had always read in reviews and felt was not genuine or cheesy – but hey, here, it was totally true.) He brought out the best in us. He was the perfect balance of professional and personable, kind, and easy going. Our wedding day was no different. Our family members and wedding party continually commented on how natural and genuine our time with Jesse and his assistant was. I couldn’t agree more. I believe in hindsight this is what led to beautiful moments being captured on our big day.

I was once that bride scrolling through endless reviews and completely overwhelmed in the process. I could not recommend Jesse Speelman more. I trusted him to capture our day and I trust him to capture yours in a way that when you look back on those photos for years to come, you feel that your story was preserved.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Kerry · Married on 05/28/2017

I cannot recommend Jesse (and his assistant Nick)highly enough as a wedding photographer! We initially selected him because we liked his photo journalism style of wedding photography and I could not be happier with the way our photos turned out- they greatly surpassed all my expectations. In addition, his direction, advice, flexibility and general demeanor on our wedding day (both with us and our families- not an easy task!) was so helpful and made our wedding day a lot smoother. If I could give him 10 stars I would!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Katie · Married on 05/05/2017

Jesse and his assistant were amazing! My photos are absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Sherrie · Married on 02/18/2017

Jesse is absolutely amazing! He has basically become part of the family! His work is top quality, he is very friendly and comfortable to be around, he is punctual and truly cares about taking the perfect photos to help you remember your big day! I cant even describe how happy I am that we choose Jesse to be our photographer. Thanks Jesse, our engagement and wedding photos are perfect!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Taylor · Married on 12/30/2016

I would highly suggest Jesse for any couple planning a wedding - very responsive and awesome that he wanted to meet with us immediately in order to see what he had to offer! We were extremely impressed with the photos, especially the candid ones that allowed us to remember some special moments and not just poised pictures. You won't even know he is there and can go about your day naturally, plus having a second photographer was awesome to get different view points! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Leigh · Married on 12/09/2016

Jesse was fantastic. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. He ordered prints for us that arrived in a few days (making Christmas gifts easy), was easy to contact, and incredibly flexible. He blended into our guests so we were able to have photos happen naturally. Couldn't have been better!

Sent on 01/23/2017