Jenny Castro Photography Reviews

66 | Philadelphia, PA

66 Reviews for Jenny Castro Photography

66 Jenny Castro Photography Reviews

Sara · Married on 03/09/2018

My then fiancé and I found Jenny through my friend from work. Jenny had done her wedding a couple years along and she highly recommended her. After meeting with Jenny and seeing her portfolio of other weddings we knew she had to be our photographer. We were blown away by her work and her ability to capture such stunning and breathtaking photos.

From the moment we met Jenny, she was nothing but awesome. She is a pleasure to work with and very professional. She made us feel comfortable which was extremely important to us. It felt more of a friendship working together then a business.

Our wedding photos are nothing short of what we imagined-they are beautiful! Everyone we have shared them with are in awe of them and the compliments are endless. Jenny has a true passion for photography and capturing moments, and it truly shows in her work. My husband and I will definitely be using Jenny again in the future for any other special occasions! We truly are forever grateful to Jenny for capturing our special day so perfectly!

Nina · Married on 10/07/2017

Jenny’s photography is bar none! She has an effortless way of capturing incredibly special moments and does so with the utmost professionalism. Her pictures are truly a work of art. Thanks to Jenny we will forever have beautiful memories of our special day.

Audrey · Married on 09/16/2017

Jenny is simply amazing. We’d had our eyes on her work for quite sometime, so it was an easy decision to make once the time came to book a photographer. We’ve gotten countless compliments on the shots she captured throughout our wedding day. Our engagement session was incredible as well. She’s also very friendly and easy to work with, which I feel are huge factors in choosing someone to shoot the most important day of your life. If any further special occasions or photo shoot needs should arise in the future, we’d definitely ask Jenny in a heartbeat. <3

Colleen · Married on 08/05/2017

Jenny was absolutely incredible. Look forward to using her again in the future.

Mer · Married on 07/29/2017

Jenny is absolutely incredible! We fell in love with her work immediately and were so excited for her to capture our engagement & wedding photos. We are stunned by her work. She captured perfect lighting, emotions, and REAL pictures of us. Our friends and family cannot stop gushing over them, and we absolutely agree! We recommend Jenny to EVERYONE!

Jenny Castro Photography 1
    Jenny Castro Photography 6
    Jenny Castro Photography 7
    Jenny Castro Photography 8

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

I'm one of those "Type A" people who plans things. I check and double check that I have everything together…. When I started looking for a photographer I spent hours trolling the internet and looking at pictures, when I came across Jenny I was done looking I had found my photographer. What makes the difference between a good photographer and a GREAT photographer are the little moments, the pictures that capture the liveliness and personality of the couple or family. It wasn’t just the wedding photos that got me, it was the family photos, the engagement shoots, etc.. She has a way of capturing the pure joy of mothers, wives, husbands, and children. The only thing I wanted on my wedding day was snow. Can you believe that it snowed 2-3 Inches on my wedding day!!!! Jenny was not only “a good sport” with having a snowy shoot, she was ESTATIC! This was her element. She helped my bridal party have fun in the snow, got our shots done quickly, and then stayed out in the freezing cold snow so that we could climb the snowy golf mounds for some incredible pictures! Please check her out and follow her on facebook https://www.facebook.com/jennycastrophotography/.

One more side note “bride to bride, or bride to grooms” – It’s so important for your photographer and your videographer (and all vendors) to work well together. The Videographer we had often works with Jenny and they work so well together, they understand the art of capturing a moment and not getting in each other’s way. If you’re looking for video too (which is so worth it if you’re wondering) book with Jenny and just ask her for the recommendation. Tell her Mr. & Mrs. Cunningham told you to!

Angela · Married on 11/20/2016

Working with Jenny was one of the best and easiest decisions we made for our wedding. I spoke to a lot of photographers before the big day, but there was just something different about Jenny. I knew right away that we would get along great and that she would be the best fit for us. Jenny's work is beautiful. Our engagement photos and wedding photos blew us away and we couldn't be happier. The day of your wedding, at times you won't even know that she is there. Yet, she is quietly in the background capturing all of the special "not posed" moments that you want to remember.

Not only is Jenny professional and talented, she's just an awesome person and we loved working with her.

Matt · Married on 11/19/2016

Jenny was fantastic and super easy to work with! Her pics were so creative and not your ordinary, everyday wedding pics you tend to see in an album. She used creative angles, unique lighting and best of all we hardly knew she was even there as she blended into the ceremony and reception and was able to capture amazing shots that truly reflected the spirit and tone of the evening. We would recommend her to anyone out there considering a wedding photographer and will definitely consider her for other future special occasions.

Megan · Married on 10/01/2016

Couldn't say enough good things about Jenny Castro! I fell in love with her work and immediately knew that I would use her when I got married. I will admit that getting my photo taken makes me super uncomfortable, but Jenny and her assistant made it as painless as possible and five minutes into the wedding I had completely forgotten that they were even there. I would 100% recommend her to anyone and hope to use her again in the future for any of my photography needs!

Sue · Married on 06/25/2016

There is no way to perfectly articulate how incredibly talented Jenny is. She has a unique way of capturing real moments, effortlessly. Sometimes, you don't even notice she is there. I have been in many weddings, and had even been a bride once before the days of Jenny Castro. I know firsthand, the stress and regret of not booking the right photographer. I cannot stress enough, booking the right photographer needs to be at the top of your priority list. When you decide to work with Jenny, trust that she is going to capture EVERY special moment. She is easy to work with, genuine, and honestly loves what she does. It certainly shows in her work. Do not make the mistake of looking elsewhere, you will not find a greater talent or person to work with. My husband has never been impressed by pictures until reviewing those taken by Jenny, I am so happy to have become acquainted with her!

Jenny Castro Photography 9
    Jenny Castro Photography 17
    Jenny Castro Photography 18
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/19/2016

I haven't had my wedding yet but have booked Jenny for my wedding and she recently shot my engagement photo shoot. Firstly, I expected to receive my pictures in 2 weeks and got them in just over a week and even had a sneak peak the day after our shoot! I am absolutely in love with my pictures, Jenny really captured our love and did an amazing job. I'd also like to note how quick Jenny is at getting back to any questions and resolving any concerns. You cannot go wrong if you select Jenny to be your wedding photographer!

Heather · Married on 04/30/2016

Jenny is absolutely AMAZING. Stop looking for a photographer and hire her! I cannot say enough great things about Jenny and her work. First off, she was flexible with meeting with us upfront and helped ensure that our photography package (including the albums included and prints) met exactly what we were looking for. Next were the engagement photos-she helped us pick a perfect location. She was then even willing to drive out of her way to a second location, just so she could capture perfect photos right where my husband proposed. She didn’t have to do this, but she insisted-wanted to make sure we had photos we loved, and that meant something to us. Then came prepping for the big day-she has continually been responsive throughout the wedding planning, and even post-wedding, process. She met with me a couple weeks before the wedding to go over logistics, some poses/photo ops I wanted to get and just in general ease my nerves about the whole thing. Day of the wedding-she was diligent, flexible, supportive, and just overall fantastic. I was extremely nervous ahead of the wedding and had a bit of a breakdown. She somehow was still able to capture the joy and excitement of the getting ready process. Then throughout the wedding day, she just blended in. Looking back through the photos, there are moments that I didn’t even know she was around for, but she magically was able to capture them perfectly! It is clear from working with Jenny that she is passionate about what she does. You cannot go wrong with a photographer who cares just as much as you do that your photos are absolutely perfect. I’m beyond happy that we hired Jenny to capture our wedding day. We did not hire a videographer so I was depending on the photos to truly capture the memories, and she blew our expectations out of the water. They are fantastic, absolutely gorgeous photos and I cannot wait to put our albums together!! So if you haven’t figured it out by now… Jenny is incredible.

Jean · Married on 04/23/2016

Jenny is every couple's wedding photography dream! She is sweet, professional, polite, and talented. We hired Jenny on the recommendation of a high school friend after our first photographer fell through, so needless to say I had some photography anxiety at that point. Jenny immediately put me at ease and was so helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. Even after my timeline changed for the tenth time, Jenny was flexible and easy going. She arrived on our wedding day and blended into the bridal suite like an old friend, carefully snapping intimate and joyful moments without being intrusive in the slightest. She directed our large bridal party with ease and stayed until the very end of our reception to capture our sparkler send-off, even though we were running a bit late. One of my bridesmaids has already booked Jenny for her wedding in January and I am so excited! I will continue raving about her until each and every single one of my friends is married! Her work is stunning and every photo tells a story...she's unlike anything else out there!

Jonathan · Married on 04/17/2016

Jenny did a FABULOUS job with our wedding photos! She captured awesome shots and had great ideas! She was flexible and accommodating to our needs, and her calm and pleasant demeanour were much appreciated. Everything we ever wanted and expected in our wedding photographer we found in Jenny!! Thank you so much, Jenny!! :) :)

Diana · Married on 03/12/2016

Jenny, we can’t thank you enough for the amazing pictures of our wedding day. You captured every moment I was afraid I would forget. Your photos truly capture all the love and excitement we felt on our wedding day. Your talent and love for your work is evident in every picture you take. Hiring you was the best decision we made. Thanks again !

Maura · Married on 12/31/2015

Simply amazing!!! Jenny had photographed my friends wedding and I loved her work. I contacted her through email (I was an out-of-state bride) and she was always very prompt with her responses. Jenny was extremely organized and flexible when dealing with our contract and scheduling. The day of the wedding both Jenny and her second photographer, MaryBeth, showed up on time. All day they were helpful, laid back, cheerful and calmly directed our bridal party in order to get the best shots. Jenny was very accommodating and made sure to take all the pictures I had requested. She snapped away all night long and was able to capture the most amazing moments. I couldn't be happier with my choice, the pictures are absolutely beautiful and she is so awesome to work with. Thank you Jenny for being a part of our wedding day and providing us with gorgeous, forever memories!

siobhan · Married on 09/27/2015

Finding a great photographer has to be one of the most important priorities when planning a wedding. Your photos are the only true memories you will be able to revisit for a lifetime of the best day of your life. Jenny Castro captured moments of our wedding in a way I never could have imagined. I look through my pictures and it feels like I am looking through professional pictures taken for a wedding magazine - the quality is that beautiful and amazing. Additionally, Jenny was SUPER easy to work with. Jenny responded very quickly to any requests or questions and was always available. Our photos were available promptly, as promised by Jenny.

I can't say enough amazing things about Jenny Castro Photography. After seeing our wedding photos, I plan on using the talented Jenny for any type of life events photography moving forward. If you are looking for your perfect day captured in perfect photos, look no further!

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say thank you enough Jenny! From our engagement photos to our wedding photos- ALL of our pictures were absolutely PERFECT!! Chris and I are so thankful that we hired you to photograph our special day. You were so kind and listened to every detail. People ask all of the time who our photographer was and I seriously brag about you and your work!!! We couldn't find one single picture that we didn't just love! You're an amazing photographer and and amazing person all around- I would highly recommend you to anyone! Thank you again Jenny!!
    xo Shannon & Chris

Jenna · Married on 07/04/2015

We couldn't imagine our wedding day without Jenny Castro Photography! From the beginning, Jenny was the perfect choice for us. Her style, creativity, easy going & friendly personality were exactly what we were looking for. As we know, planning a wedding can get stressful at times but working with Jenny was a pure joy. Her work is nothing short of AMAZING! My husband and I couldn't of been happier with our engagement and wedding photos. With over 1600 photos, choosing our top picks for our wedding album is going to be tough. WE LOVE THEM ALL! Jenny has such a gift in capturing beautiful moments that will certainly last a lifetime. We would highly recommend Jenny Castro to anyone looking for a talented and unique photographer!!

Jenny Castro was an absolute dream to work with! She is kind, professional, creative and SO SO SO excellent at what she does. We found Jenny after we had to move our wedding date, and we are so thankful she was available. The entire process was easy and fun with her. She even came to NYC to shoot our engagement photos!

We could not be more thrilled with every single photo from our wedding day. It rained on our wedding day, and I mean POURED, and Jenny handled it like a pro. She got every shot we had discussed in our meetings and they all turned out perfect. Jenny was cool, calm and collected throughout the entire process. We recommend her wholeheartedly. If she is available on your wedding day, book her! You will be so glad you did.

Regina · Married on 05/16/2015

Jenny was the best thing about my wedding, other than my husband, of course. Her incredible talent is exceeded only by her hard work. With Jenny, you don't have someone constantly in your face or ordering you around for pictures. However, she somehow manages to capture every intimate moment, without you even realizing she's there. I gave her a list of photos I wanted from the wedding and she got them all, but she also captured the amazing candid shots that you just can't plan for. I have no idea how she can manage to be so laid back and relaxed when shooting, yet still get every shot you'd ever want. In short, she's magic. Jenny also happens to be the sweetest person in the world - it is easy to feel like you've known her for years. She also is extremely responsive to e-mails, Facebook messages, etc.

My husband and I are forever grateful to Jenny for providing us with memories that we can relive over and over again. We have gotten endless complements on our photos. I could never thank her enough, so I basically rave about her to everyone I see. Choosing Jenny for your engagement and wedding photos will be the best decision you make - I promise.

Heather Ann · Married on 05/08/2015

Jenny was a joy to work with. Her mild manner was calming, her approach was subtle yet extremely effective. She captured every candid moment of the day without being intrusive. Jenny and Marybeth added so much to our special day. They allowed us to be "Us" and quietly took photos of every beautiful moment. Jenny is a talented artist who clearly takes pride and great care in every shot she takes. We can't wait to see the final images!!

Kandace · Married on 03/27/2015

My search for a photographer was completely daunting. I initially had no idea how much it would cost for photography and once I started to see what you get for your money, we had to make some adjustments. Through my research I realized the the value of quality and it can really show through a photographer's work. Photography was so important to us and we realized it was worth the investment to go with someone who exuded not only quality but also captured candid moments that could be framed. After months of research, Jenny's advertisement came across my wedding wire page. It was almost our last attempt at our search. We met with Jenny and instantly fell in love. She is so laid back and flexible. We signed the contract the next day. Jenny was so easy to work with. She has a true natural talent and an eye for the most memorable moments ever. Our wedding party loved her!

Our pictures were beyond our imagination and wildest dreams. They are absolutely beautiful and stunning. The special moments that were captured. Every picture taken can be used in a frame. And that's exactly what I was looking for. Just everything. It makes it easy to remember our day and brings back those same exact emotions that occurred while those moments were happening.

I honestly think that everyone should just use Jenny for their photography. You certainly won't be disappointed. I would love for her to photograph every special moment in our lives going forward. She's THAT good. As you search for photographers, pay attention to the true talent. Many try to overcompensate for special effects while lacking in their ability to capture how the day truly feels. Jenny accomplished that and so much more. I'm so thankful that we chose her for our photographers. It was one of the best decisions we made!

Ariana · Married on 03/21/2015

I can't express in words how amazing Jenny is as a photographer and person. She's professional but warm and funny. She's a person, not just a business. We were so awkward at our engagement session. I was so worried that we screwed them up. Have no fear, they were AMAZING! She definitely worked her magic. And come the wedding day, she was on time and soothing. When I got a little nervous, she just whispered a few words to calm me down. She focused on me getting ready and let me know that she was there for me, nobody else. And she likes fun and love. She genuinely loves LOVE. It's not just a job to her. She thoroughly enjoys what she does and it shows. I recommend her any chance I get to anyone I can. She's truly a dream to work with!